March 29, 2024, 04:43:33 AM

Poll

Can the Soca Warriors pull through the first rounds?

Yes
6 (42.9%)
No
8 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread  (Read 27902 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2019, 02:44:20 PM »
Yes soccerman. Most of the fellas I play with are Caribbean. Mainly Trini and Yardie. So I haven't been to the sweat since the 2-0 to Panama. I was going to play on Thursday. But we have a Guyanese fella that I know go be talking. For now I go sweat with the Portuguese and Italians until the losses are no longer fresh in my Caribbean peeps mind.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2019, 02:59:22 PM »
Yes soccerman. Most of the fellas I play with are Caribbean. Mainly Trini and Yardie. So I haven't been to the sweat since the 2-0 to Panama. I was going to play on Thursday. But we have a Guyanese fella that I know go be talking. For now I go sweat with the Portuguese and Italians until the losses are no longer fresh in my Caribbean peeps mind.

Dude, you are sad.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2019, 08:16:44 PM »

Dude, you are sad.

Yes. Plus I does get a good sweat with the Portuguese. Ball does knock real nice with their style. So I guess I have a good enough reason now..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2019, 08:26:56 PM »

Dude, you are sad.

Yes. Plus I does get a good sweat with the Portuguese. Ball does knock real nice with their style. So I guess I have a good enough reason now..

I doh make TT football upset me any more after the road to Italy. I was in a tabanca state for a whole f----ing year. Does not bother me any more. I just know every 20 years we does have a good team. So next  7 years look out ah next great TT squad.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2019, 04:08:20 AM »
I hear you eh Deeks, truss me I hear you.  But what is more sad than getting to a state where we become apathetic to our lack of progress?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 02, 2019, 08:28:55 AM »
Meanwhile D. Lawrence say we punching above we weight and that we preparation substandard and we don't have access to good facilities.

That is such a bullshit dishonest statement. Like de man is a spin doctor now.

Allyuh suss that too.

I get having a conversation with Michael Johnson about comparing facilities and tech between those FAs with all the resource tools and new toys and those that are somewhere between the Dark Ages and the Renaissance, but his statement rang conveniently hollow.

And, not all the high performers have all the toys and tools but they all have a sound and concrete appreciation of how to  prepare a team to play and compete.

And they don't have a culture of mediocrity and excuses.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 02, 2019, 07:06:28 PM »
Meanwhile D. Lawrence say we punching above we weight and that we preparation substandard and we don't have access to good facilities.

Allyuh suss that too.

I get having a conversation with Michael Johnson about comparing facilities and tech between those FAs with all the resource tools and new toys and those that are somewhere between the Dark Ages and the Renaissance, but his statement rang conveniently hollow.

And, not all the high performers have all the toys and tools but they all have a sound and concrete appreciation of how to  prepare a team to play and compete.

where was the original quote?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2019, 07:33:28 PM »

Allyuh suss that too.

where was the original quote?

During a press conference. The pre-match presser versus Guyana if ah recall correctly.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2019, 08:57:01 PM »
Haiti battling it out with Mexico. Mexico ripe for the pickings.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 02, 2019, 09:06:54 PM »
One thing I notice is that Haiti has about 4 players who appear to be close to six feet. And their first touch and individual skills are very good. Pierrot and Nazon are two. And they strong.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 02, 2019, 11:06:26 PM »
Haiti played Mex. a superb game. Mex. got a very dubious pk. Very dubious. I don't see TT beating Haiti. Just as I speaking Haiti just hit the cross bar.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 03, 2019, 03:24:52 PM »

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 03, 2019, 07:56:05 PM »
JA-US stopped because of lightening. Severe weather US leading 1-0 and pressuring JA. JA fighting for dear life. Teams gone to the locker room until it is clear.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2019, 09:43:53 AM »

Dude, you are sad.

I doh make TT football upset me any more after the road to Italy. I was in a tabanca state for a whole f----ing year. Does not bother me any more. I just know every 20 years we does have a good team. So next  7 years look out ah next great TT squad.
That's wishful thinking Don Basil Matthews is responsible for that team in the late 60s and 70s and E G  Cummings is responsible for bringing back TT football in the late 80s and 90s .

There has never been a leader like Don Basil Matthews in TT someone that was not only a great leader but he had the vision and foresight to think out of the box someone with class and morality in TT far much more the football fraternity.

E G Cummings who was part of the 1973 fiasco developed his own football philosophy for how TT should play football the rest of the coach's from TT does not have that they are just doing what they were tought English man football they will never get it the next generation is already there but without someone who has the vision and philosophy its gone.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 04, 2019, 03:24:44 PM »
When the hell will we learn??

Last night i watch jamaica do the same ting we and guyana did, give too much possession, time and space on the ball to the USMNT, and just like clock work they made them pay once again. when in da fork will we realize dat you don't allow dangerous players to roam free to make plays and set up mediocre players to score goals.

This USMNT will never dog a team with pedigree bc they woulda put two bodies on christian pulisic and lock dat down!! another one who wouldn't have that freedom to make plays would be mc kinney, just watch on sunday how the mexicans will put two players on those two shit hounds and leave the scoring up to one of the fringe players.

It's only against caribbean opposition that pulisic is allowed to shine, lets see how he fears against real opposition, i bet he will put down pure shit cakes, and will become a non entity come sunday.

just look how they never took any chances with KJ, it was onyewo, bocanegra and bradly that would lock on to KJ and stern not giving them the slightest opportunity to get a sniff on goal and last night was no different.

They stuck to leon baily like glue not giving him an inch, and every time he touched the ball there was a double and triple team on him in effect.

I say it's high time these dunce mdafckers running our football make an exit, and allow people with ideas to run the football or else we bun down dey forkane house and run dem outa town. we as a people need to get serious and get violent with these clowns, fork dat! it's the only way!!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 03:29:13 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 07, 2019, 07:15:01 PM »
McKennie as captain for this game  ???
Like the disrespecting the importance of the armband.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 09:41:57 PM by soccerman »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 07, 2019, 07:35:41 PM »
McKinney as captain for this game  ???
Like the disrespecting the importance of the armband.

I don't understand! Why?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 08, 2019, 02:14:49 AM »
Thank god for mexico. or else those arrogant yankee broadcasters would have a field day bragging about the monumental achievement in “soccer” today with victories in men’s and women’s national teams, and I would not have been able to sleep for a week, but I’m so happy that mexico spoil the party. I guess mexico is the big brother who silenced the big bad bully who has been taking advantage of the little kids in the neighborhood. Well done mexico you deserved it.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2019, 03:16:08 AM »
I maintain that your team is as good as your goal keeper, did any body watch zack Stefan and guillermo ochoa? those lads were fantastic tonight pulling off some incredible saves and keeping their teams in the game all the way to the last play. did you see the passion on the faces of the players and the disappointment on the faces of the losers, no calm cool and collective attitudes but passion and commitment and that’s what we’re lacking.

I heard a sport commentator last week saying “thanks to marvin Phillip” or the results could have been worst and this had me baffled because I believe if we had a better goalie who actually knew what he was doing he probably would have let in zero goals.

and this is the kind of low expectations and poor mentality we have in trinidad where we reward failure and shower mediocrity with praise.......now why thanks........didn’t this sloppy foolish custodian just let in eight goals in two games?

tonight had it not been for ochoa Mexico could have loss the game terribly. I maintain your team is as good as the man between the sticks. dennis take a page from the Mexican coach and get with it.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 10:30:36 AM by pull stones »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 08, 2019, 05:24:03 AM »
You actually gonna compare 11 shots 3 on target to 44 shots 19 on target, to disparage your shot stopper ?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 08, 2019, 06:51:55 AM »
You actually gonna compare 11 shots 3 on target to 44 shots 19 on target, to disparage your shot stopper ?

I  jus doh understand he here either, I don't rate Phillips either but to throw him under the bus for massive team failing is jus unfair agenda pushing....few goalkeepers woulda have a chance with almost zero help fromd defenders in front of you
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 08, 2019, 10:57:20 AM »
yes I will. it’s also the goal keeper’s responsibility to organize his defense and if his defenders in front of him are out of position or sloppy then he will invite attackers to have a crack at him, every GK knows this all too well.

and another thing, Shaka hislop got bombarded worst than this in germany in the opening game vs sweden where zlatan alone must have had about 10 cracks at goal, never mind Larson.....he was wondering what on earth did he have to do to score on this team, and these two were top shelf attackers in europe not some up starts who ply their trade in MLS. in fact the whole swedish team probably had at least two shots on goal heading shaka’s way and he weathered it, that’s what world class goal keepers is supposed to do.

this is why we gets no where as a nation, it’s simply because our standards are low so our expectations are even lower. this is a goal keeper who does not inspire confidence in his team mates, he’s often in a poor position or off his line when attackers come calling or running out at attackers never getting the ball and leaving his goal exposed.

there’s no way you could sell me this guy he’s rubbish who doesn’t belong no where close to international football, and another thing, if he was in goal that night in couva the USA would have been in russia last summer.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 11:19:46 AM by pull stones »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 08, 2019, 12:41:56 PM »
dread nutten dat happen in at least 4 ah dem six goal went down in Germany, Sweden work for every shot because d defenders didn't stop or give up, the defensive unit failed collectively in this GC....I not holding no brief for Phillips, I want him gone or relegated to backup too, but yuh talking shit given d circumstances of dat game....at no point last night did I see US or Mex defenders hang dey GK out to dry, good saves notwithstanding
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 08, 2019, 02:14:16 PM »
dread nutten dat happen in at least 4 ah dem six goal went down in Germany, Sweden work for every shot because d defenders didn't stop or give up, the defensive unit failed collectively in this GC....I not holding no brief for Phillips, I want him gone or relegated to backup too, but yuh talking shit given d circumstances of dat game....at no point last night did I see US or Mex defenders hang dey GK out to dry, good saves notwithstanding
so you blame the defense for him running out missing the ball and the attacker while tripping up hyland in one failed swoop leaving the goal wide open for a tap in, when clearly hyland was defending the play and there was no need for him to leave his line like a dum dum trying to play defender?

or what about when he was way out on the 6 yard line when donkey kong gyasi basic zardes looked like naymar curling that shot for the third goal of the night when if he was on his line it would have been a simple catch, was the defense culpable then?

Or what about the many countless times when this guy punched simple crosses for attacking players to follow up and score when in the first place he should be catching those crosses? you can’t tell me nothing about this keeper that I don’t already know. when he featured with latapy in 2009 onwards I saw all the many flaws and wanted kelvin jack or ince to make a return because I didn’t trust him or JM Williams in goal period.

dennis is an idiot for letting him back on this team. for the whole World Cup campaign Steve hart stood clear of the guy because he learned his lesson in the last gold cup we played that Phillip was defective, that’s why he walked away from international football because hart stuck with jan and not him, and even foncette was getting consideration over him in hart’s last days as coach.

the lad is rubbish and dennis should have refused his services, but’s knowing dennis he will persist with the bum goalie.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 02:16:46 PM by pull stones »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2019, 02:16:15 PM »
Honestly, I kind of glad Greg did not save in that game because that results would have tarnished his reputation. There was no way Greg would have or could have save some of  them goals with that display by the defence in front of him.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 08, 2019, 02:27:06 PM »
Honestly, I kind of glad Greg did not save in that game because that results would have tarnished his reputation. There was no way Greg would have or could have save some of  them goals with that display by the defence in front of him.
deeks I’m sort of with you on that but at the same time maybe Greg would have saved those goals like Shaka did in germany. it’s actually a toss up and no one really knows what the out come might have been. then again had we scored first the game would have been a different game and so the out come.

our defense was compromised in that game because they went in search of the equalizer and got caught on the counter, remember most of those goals were against the run of play where defenders were caught teribbly out of position and just maybe a smarter more in tuned goalie would have kept his defenders more organized and in shape, isn’t that the job of a good keeper anyway?

I could only hope that we get a better smarter coach and dead wood like cyrus and Phillips get their marching orders, and by some miracle DJW and dennis lawrence are no where to be found come september.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 02:33:08 PM by pull stones »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2019, 02:31:12 PM »
+1 this
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 08, 2019, 02:42:41 PM »
+1 this
forgive if I seem stubborn or silly but I just can’t stand marvin Phillip and Daniel cyrus, those guys just do to me every time they feature in a competitive game.

my most regrettable moment in local football was when cyrus walk up to take that penalty vs panama after quite a few players missed on their kicks and all he had to do was put the ball on goal and game over for panama, and the funny thing is, by his body language I knew he was going to blow it. and just as I thought......this idiot kicked the ball in the stands and with no pride or passion just walked away like he had done nothing.

his commitment level is so non existent I can’t understand why he’s still on this team. the lad is plain bad news.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 08, 2019, 10:00:13 PM »
The Greg thing by itself should call for a inquisition. And possibly a head should roll just for that.
However, let look at Cyrus, since He has been available, what does it tell you, when every coach, good, bad and too too, have consistently selected him, not just to bench, but in most cases start. Not withstanding your personal bias. Why do you think that is ?

1]; } ?>