March 28, 2024, 02:32:04 PM

Author Topic: Judah Garcia Thread.  (Read 12332 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Judah Garcia Thread.
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2021, 10:10:12 AM »
WATCH: Judah Garcia powers in a header to score Neroca FC's first goal in their 2-0 win over Sudeva Delhi FC.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4KFIz8pLCgM?start=312" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4KFIz8pLCgM?start=312</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2021, 09:47:39 PM »
Seems like we are approaching the need for a new challenge.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2021, 10:42:14 PM »

An' yuh ain't even duck wwen yuh say dat.
Yuh know yuh hafta be careful . . . ;)
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2021, 10:44:20 PM »
All jokes aside, i tlooking like Levi READY!

If only T&T had their act together

Hoping Judah & Pappy deliver on their potential . . .

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2021, 01:29:03 AM »
If this kid could make the NT he would get a chance to go to a better league'

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2021, 05:54:31 AM »
If this kid could make the NT he would get a chance to go to a better league'

This is one of our inherent structural problems.

Ideally, players should first find themselves in "better leagues" before NT selection. Not NT selection as a personal commercial vehicle to "better football". Of late, it is caps that have been trending useful to get club gigs rather than actual performance on a NT being a platform of merit that leads to a gig or possible gig. Glaring exception? Ballpest. When did it come? Too damn late.

Nevertheless, I agree Judah is a NT contender.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 06:04:07 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2021, 06:08:22 AM »

An' yuh ain't even duck wwen yuh say dat.
Yuh know yuh hafta be careful . . . ;)

Always cloaked in armor on this thread. :)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2021, 12:51:42 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of midfielder Judah Garcia

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FrUZ1QBEoG0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FrUZ1QBEoG0</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2021, 06:55:43 AM »
I guess beatsing is a strong tradition in the garcia family.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2021, 01:18:20 PM »

It used to be a strong tradition in the "Trinidad & Tobago" family. But sadly, instead of it being honed and used effectively, it seems to have been discouraged by some European clubs.

When fourmites talk about the Trini brand, beatsin' is a great part of our DNA, and part of what they intend to retain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2021, 11:52:54 PM »

It used to be a strong tradition in the "Trinidad & Tobago" family. But sadly, instead of it being honed and used effectively, it seems to have been discouraged by some European clubs.

When fourmites talk about the Trini brand, beatsin' is a great part of our DNA, and part of what they intend to retain.

Well the easiest way to dumb something down and make it easier to play, is getting rid of the flair and creativity in order to level the playing field

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2021, 08:44:14 AM »

just so that we’re clear, I was being facetious. beatsing is one of my frustrations with our wingers especially levi garcia who's not known for passing the ball. this man would run down the flank into a wall of players and try to shake them all when he could have easily pass the ball and make a run in the box off the ball for a give and go.

another player who tries to shake off a line of defenders is cordel cato, this lad is another headache to watch. he has no composure and is always trying the beats the whole defense and ends up losing possession by turning over to the opponent, which in turns puts quite a bit of pressure on his own defense. the same goes for Nathan Lewis and Lester peltier, if these guys had half the smarts that jovin has as a winger we would have won a lot more games.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 09:00:19 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2021, 08:58:05 AM »

Well the easiest way to dumb something down and make it easier to play, is getting rid of the flair and creativity in order to level the playing field
creativity? how many games we won with that? Russell latapy and Arnold dwarika was the kings of shake and bake, but where did it get us? show me gold cup final as a result or a world cup appearance. it’s only when a coach with tactical insight came on board we were successful. a perfect example is jovin Jones, a player full of tactical awareness vs Lester peltier mr shake and bake.

jovin has a lot more assist and goals under his belt and simply because he goes the route of getting the ball in the box in the fastest possible time. when a player who tries to beats through a team he’s actually giving the opposing defenders time to get organized where as the one who try’s to get into the box with haste catches the defense in shambles which creates better scoring opportunities.

don’t misunderstand me now, beatsing is good, but when you do it over and over again getting dispossessed every time then it become annoying. IMO Lionel messi is the best at it, but his beatsing has method. it opens up holes and spaces in a defense when he dribbles with pace and purpose, but our lads can’t even run with a ball at their feet at top speed like messi, which makes their beatsing very messy.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 09:03:33 PM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2021, 11:23:56 AM »

creativity? how many games we won with that? Russell latapy and Arnold dwarika was the kings of shake and bake, but where did it get us? show me gold cup final as a result or a world cup appearance. it’s only when a coach with tactical insight came on board we were successful. a perfect example is jovin Jones, a player full of tactical awareness vs Lester peltier mr shake and bake.

jovin has a lot more assist and goals under his belt and simply because he goes the route of getting the ball in the box in the fastest possible time. when a player who tries to beats through a team he’s actually giving the opposing defenders time to get organized where as the one who try’s to get into the box with haste catches the defense in shambles thus resting better scoring opportunities.

don’t misunderstand me now, beatsing is good, but when you do it over and over again getting dispossessed every time then it become annoying. IMO Lionel messi is the best at it, but his beatsing has method, it opens up holes and spaces in a defense and he dribbles with pace and tact, but our lads can’t even run with a ball at top speed like messi, which makes their beatsing very messy.

Expand please. Seriously. Not that you are not being serious. I had to think twice about what you've raised.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 11:25:39 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2021, 08:55:49 PM »

jovin has a lot more assist and goals under his belt and simply because he goes the route of getting the ball in the box in the fastest possible time. when a player who tries to beats through a team he’s actually giving the opposing defenders time to get organized where as the one who try’s to get into the box with haste catches the defense in shambles thus resting better scoring opportunities.

don’t misunderstand me now, beatsing is good, but when you do it over and over again getting dispossessed every time then it become annoying. IMO Lionel messi is the best at it, but his beatsing has method, it opens up holes and spaces in a defense and he dribbles with pace and tact, but our lads can’t even run with a ball at top speed like messi, which makes their beatsing very messy.

Expand please. Seriously. Not that you are not being serious. I had to think twice about what you've raised.
i was basically making the claim that jovin is not an over dribbler, he is a strong speedy winger who gets down the flank and gets the ball into the box in the quickest time possible, and without the shenanigans of beatsing the whole defense, which is why he has more assist than any other winger presently in the national set up and with more goals under his belt IMO.

he plays direct football and utilizes his pace to his advantage mainly catching defenders out of position scrambling to reorganize, i guess steven hart had a lot to do with jovin's understanding the importance of getting down the flanks in the shortest possible time and either taking the shot or finding the open man in the box.

carlos edwards was another speedy winger and a fair dribbler who should have done much better, but his assist rate was very poor. he had the best header of the ball ever to play the number 9 role in concacaf yet i can't remember one cross that carlos successfully put in the box that connected with kenny's head that resulted in a goal for us, and if he did then i don't remember it, that's how few and far between those crosses were.

try to remember most of our goals scored in the steven hart's era, it was mainly due to the counter attack and players breaking in numbers, steven hart understood this very well that when you have speedy attacking players you use the counter attack to your advantage, and 90% of the time beatsing and over dribbling actually killed those counter attacks by allowing defenders caught out of position the time to regain their shape and fouling the play altogether.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 09:09:56 PM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2021, 06:14:02 AM »

i was basically making the claim that jovin is not an over dribbler, he is a strong speedy winger who gets down the flank and gets the ball into the box in the quickest time possible, and without the shenanigans of beatsing the whole defense, which is why he has more assist than any other winger presently in the national set up and with more goals under his belt IMO.

he plays direct football and utilizes his pace to his advantage mainly catching defenders out of position scrambling to reorganize, i guess steven hart had a lot to do with jovin's understanding the importance of getting down the flanks in the shortest possible time and either taking the shot or finding the open man in the box.

carlos edwards was another speedy winger and a fair dribbler who should have done much better, but his assist rate was very poor. he had the best header of the ball ever to play the number 9 role in concacaf yet i can't remember one cross that carlos successfully put in the box that connected with kenny's head that resulted in a goal for us, and if he did then i don't remember it, that's how few and far between those crosses were.

try to remember most of our goals scored in the steven hart's era, it was mainly due to the counter attack and players breaking in numbers, steven hart understood this very well that when you have speedy attacking players you use the counter attack to your advantage, and 90% of the time beatsing and over dribbling actually killed those counter attacks by allowing defenders caught out of position the time to regain their shape and fouling the play altogether.

A player like Joevin, if 100% happy or in de mood, could mash up on any given day. Other than that it is Russian roulette if his head ain't right. Unfortunately. Solution? Keep him happy or make him happy (appropriate incentive) or be a shrewd assessor of when he is just not up to do battle that day. Downside to that is that he doesn't seem to be a player who is motivated by the bench. He has an expectation of starting each match ... including the ones in which he probably knows mentally he shouldn't start. So then it becomes a matter of trying to play himself into the game. Lost time for the collective effort.

In my opinion, he plays on instinct. Which makes him especially incisive when his instinct is counterintuitive to what defenders expect. With that left foot, he can do so many things I wouldn't bet against ... even from/in unorthodox positions.

If the game plan is exclusively for him to run down the flank, then we would be underutilizing him. I haven't checked, but it would be statistically interesting to see where he finds most success. I suspect it is it the areas around top L or R of the penalty area.

I can't promise that this will be the last comment on that missed penalty, but you know what tactical awareness would have told him on the second attempt that seemingly endured for so long (see how long he had his sole on top of the ball)? Maybe toe poke the ball with my right foot and get it into the back of the net ASAP? Anyone who has scored a toe poke in a 11 v 11 knows there is no less a feeling of accomplishment than having banged one in from 30. The art of the simple.

Yeah, I know I'm asking for too much. I don't think I have ever seen him touch the ball with his right foot.

The thing that I didn't appreciate about that penalty was that his second action reminded me of ignorance you see in a small goal sweat when at worst the consequences might be ole talk and beer money. And as Sherwood observed, my thoughts went straight to Balotelli ... who the record shows screwed around with many things in multiple areas of the pitch, but at the penalty spot he was generally the pinnacle of concentration and laser focus.

You know what I want from Joevin? Responsibility. And the highlight reel he deserves whenever he hangs up his boots.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 06:20:18 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2021, 07:26:14 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of midfielder Judah Garcia

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FrUZ1QBEoG0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FrUZ1QBEoG0</a>

I see nothing good about this video, maybe he needs to hire a better person to do videos for him instead of highlighting some weak ass shots that was lucky to go in. He shows no technical ability and playing in India will hamper his growth.

I know he is better, playing in India is ok, but he needs to highlight better footage.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2021, 09:04:23 AM »
Judah is among the contenders for Best Assist. It is a fans-based award.

https://i-league.org/season-awards/

I think his is the second best assist of the bunch. The 1st assist in the compilation strikes me as the best of the lot. NONETHELESS ...  ;D.

EDIT: Wait, all dem goals Judah scored ... not one ah dem is a candidate for Best Goal?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 09:07:55 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2021, 09:22:50 AM »
I think the assist on the goal at 0:55 should have been in the running for Best Assist. It wouldn't change my opinion as stated above, but it would relegate Judah's assist to 3rd. Again, NONETHELESS ... ;D.

That league is calling out for better GKs and better defenders and/or a whole lot of work on defensive organization.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2021, 11:22:43 AM »
That league is calling out for better GKs and better defenders and/or a whole lot of work on defensive organization.

The goalkeeping is atrocious.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2021, 07:06:26 PM »

The goalkeeping is atrocious.
I guess marvin phillip would be right at home then.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2021, 06:07:22 AM »
I hope he is just there for fitness he should not play another season in india ........ 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2021, 07:34:13 PM »

ttsportdiary

Good news for the Garcia camp as sources have indicated to us that 20-year old Judah Garcia has gotten intense interests from four top clubs in the world. After the former Shiva Boys’ star’s contract ended with Indian Club Neroca Fc on April 1st, the likes of top flight Portuguese clubs Benfica and Sporting along with two of the Greek giants - Olympiacos and AEK Athens - are all in talks/negotiations for the midfielder.

Garcia’s older brother, Levi, also plays for AEK Athens and the next coming days/weeks will be interested to see how this development plays out.

#ttsportdiary
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2021, 04:03:25 AM »
I do hope something works out for him. Come on Levi pull some (rope) strings for your brother and Papi Emmanuel!!!!! Time running on them.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2021, 05:38:57 AM »
a team in portugal would be a good move .IMO .
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 03:05:44 PM by Trini _2022 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2021, 06:01:13 AM »
a team portugal would be a good move .IMO .

Seconded. However, assuming the veracity of the update, being acquired and then loaned is also possible.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2021, 11:27:12 PM »

ttsportdiary

Good news for the Garcia camp as sources have indicated to us that 20-year old Judah Garcia has gotten intense interests from four top clubs in the world. After the former Shiva Boys’ star’s contract ended with Indian Club Neroca Fc on April 1st, the likes of top flight Portuguese clubs Benfica and Sporting along with two of the Greek giants - Olympiacos and AEK Athens - are all in talks/negotiations for the midfielder.

Garcia’s older brother, Levi, also plays for AEK Athens and the next coming days/weeks will be interested to see how this development plays out.

#ttsportdiary
He's not going to get any playing time with those clubs at his age he needs to go to a club were he's going to get playing time.

Online Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2021, 11:53:26 PM »

ttsportdiary

#ttsportdiary
He's not going to get any playing time with those clubs at his age he needs to go to a club were he's going to get playing time.
Geez, you must be fun at parties.
How will he/we ever know if he doesn't try? It's not like if any of these clubs are in the top 5 leagues across Europe.
They certainly aren't TT Pro League or the Indian League.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2021, 12:18:24 AM »
Those moves would be good for him to get a higher level of professional training. He will get some minutes there, but perhaps just as likely to be loaned somewhere to get game time

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2021, 12:37:41 PM »
Braga and Sporting play tonight. Kick-off is at 3pm TT for anyone who is remotely interested in fact-based analysis.

1]; } ?>