March 28, 2024, 09:43:33 AM

Author Topic: 2018 Caribbean Women's World Cup Qualifiers  (Read 29314 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Caribbean Women's World Cup Qualifiers
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2018, 04:56:15 PM »
FINAL: Trinidad and Tobago Women 5-0 Antigua and Barbuda. Goals by Janine Francois (4’), Kayla Taylor (16’, 39’), Tasha St. Louis (30’ penalty), and Kennya Cordner (65’).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2018, 04:56:48 PM »
5-0. Full-time. From what I saw. Not very promising.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2018, 12:49:05 AM »
T&T Women get second win over Antigua.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago Senior Women defeated Antigua/Barbuda 5-0 in their second outing at the CONCACAF Caribbean Women’s Final Round at the National Stadium in Kingston today.

T&T got an opening item from Janine Francois in the 4th minute while Kayla Taylor followed up with her hattrick on Saturday, by bagging a pair of goals in the 16th and 39th minutes. Captain Tasha St Louis put her name on the scoresheet from the penalty spot in the 30th and Norway-based forward Kennya Cordner finished things off in the 65th minute with a simple tap in from close range.

“It was a victory which we wanted to complete as it puts us two in two going into Friday’s match against the hosts,” caretaker coach Anton Corneal told TTFA Media. “Now with these two wins to our name we can breathe slightly easier because it means we are maybe one result away from securing qualification but there is a still a lot to be done to get where we want to as a team. Credit to the players for pulling off the win and now we’re looking forward to the test against Jamaica and I expect this to be a competitive fixture.”

Skipper St Louis added, “I’m happy for the two results so far. We came here knowing that we needed to start well in the competition. We are taking each game as it comes. Friday’s game is a massive one for us and very important for us as a team to see where we’re at right now. We need to win this one and we’re ready and waiting on the hosts.”

T&T vs Antigua Match Summary

CCWW 2018: TRINIDAD and TOBAGO Vs ANTIGUA and BARBUDA HIGHLIGHTS

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2018, 05:51:54 PM »

About to take in this T&T vs JA women clash, ah hope to see good football..ah hope

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2018, 06:59:15 PM »
WATCH LIVE: Trinidad and Tobago Women vs Jamaica Women. Viewers in T&T and Jamaica can catch the game on FLOW Sports 1.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UnJSse_xHnU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UnJSse_xHnU</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2018, 06:59:35 PM »
HALF-TIME: Trinidad and Tobago Women 1-0 Jamaica Women. Goal scored by Kayla Taylor, her sixth of the tournament.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2018, 07:05:56 PM »
HALF-TIME: Trinidad and Tobago Women 1-0 Jamaica Women. Goal scored by Kayla Taylor, her sixth of the tournament.

T&T playing the better game

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2018, 07:43:31 PM »

2-1 Ja leads...Well T&T if TT lose they have  themselves to blame. Poor defending

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2018, 07:54:40 PM »
T&T playing like a typical Anton Corneal team. Poor defending and only strategy in offence is to boom kick the ball from the back to the forward and hopefully something will happen. Its obvious they are not coached to play the ball through the minefield and build something creative.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2018, 08:02:07 PM »
FINAL: Trinidad and Tobago Women 1-4 Jamaica Women.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2018, 12:49:01 AM »
Soca Princesses’ defence falls apart.
By Rachael Thomspon-King (Guardian).

Jamaica’s Khadija Shaw scored a late double to help sink T&T 4-1 in the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Final Round Qualifiers to the CONCACAF Final Round of World Cup qualifiers in Jamaica, yesterday.

In the top of the table clash at Independence Park (National Stadium) in Kingston, T&T striker Kayla Taylor scored the opening goal in the tenth minute. This was just after the substitution of midfielder Tasha St Louis in the seventh minute. She was replaced by defender Liana Hinds.

The score remained the same at half-time, 1-0, in favour of the “Women Warriors” as they hoped to maintain their unbeaten senior record.

On the resumption, Jamaica coach Hue Menzies made an early substitution, replacing Deneisha Blackwood with Jody Brown in the 46th minute.

Coach Anton Corneal also changed his second-half line-up eight minutes later, opting for Rhea Belgrave, in for defender Jenelle Cunningham.

Menzies made another change in the 64th minute bringing in Giselle Washington for midfielder Christina Chang which paid dividends for the “Reggae Girls” within minutes. Washington levelled the score, 1-1, in the 70th minute.

The Jamaicans continued attacking and were rewarded with their second goal in the 79th minute from Shaw, who returned ten minutes later to put her team up 3-1.

Jamaica never looked back and it was Brown, another substitute, who put the icing on the cake for the host team with a goal in the 92nd minute, to stay unbeaten with nine points from three matches.

Meanwhile, T&T suffered its first loss and dropped to the third spot with six points behind Cuba, which has a better goal difference, with both teams having one match outstanding.

The tournament concludes tomorrow with T&T meeting fourth-placed Bermuda, which is on three points from three matches, at 4 pm and Jamaica takes on Cuba from 7 pm, at the end of which the top three teams will qualify to the final phase of CONCACAF Women’s World Cup qualification.

Earlier, Bermuda whipped winless Antigua and Barbuda, 5-0 to get its first win of the tournament. Deshae Darrell netted a pair of goals for the winner in the 76th minute and penalty in the 81st minute while her teammates, midfielder Akelyla Furbet (13th), forward Nia Christopher (43rd) and defender Teyah Lindo (87th) scored a goal each.

CURRENT STANDINGS

Teams P W D L F A Pts
Jamaica 3 3 0 0 17 1 9
Cuba 3 2 0 1 11 3 6
T&T 3 2 0 1 9 6 6
Bermuda 3 1 0 2 0 6 3
Antigua & Barbuda 4 0 0 4 0 26 0

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2018, 06:33:05 AM »
T&T playing like a typical Anton Corneal team. Poor defending and only strategy in offence is to boom kick the ball from the back to the forward and hopefully something will happen. Its obvious they are not coached to play the ball through the minefield and build something creative.

all them years as understudy to how many foreign coaches ??? and learned jack shit, :frustrated: he is worst than shabazz :-\ :'( :bs: >:( :(

I would probably do better and I learning about coaching from f**kin youtube and google search steups :frustrated:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 11:05:07 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2018, 06:37:26 AM »
and as I said from jump, this team would suffer against teams with actual athletes....so I knew jamaica would push us
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2018, 09:05:42 AM »

All the contests in this Caribbean tournament quality has been poor football. Trust me none of these teams will do well against teams like US, CA, Mex or CR. Caribbean game is too too too SLOW and too many basic mistakes throughout the game. It will take a huge and fast improvement for these teams to be ready when they meet Concacaf rivals.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2018, 06:11:44 AM »
With all due respect your opinions Mr. Sando, I really disagree. Haiti has not only been very competitive with the Concacaf teams but even  with the top dogs in the world. The U-20 team= on their way to the world cup has eliminated Canada, Costa Rica and only losing on Penalty kicks after a 1-1 tie with the US and at the world stage going toe-to-toe with Germany, china losing 3-2, 2-1. These are semi finalist teams at the world cup.

Haiti did not make it to Jamaica at the CFU final for a simple reason, 7 out of the U-20 team players were actually top players from the senior team and were in France for the world cup. The world cup games were more important than the CFU qualification games. Even with Haiti bench or B team, they held Jamaica to a 2-2 tie after taking a 2-0 lead. Jamaica moved on because they had score 2 more goals than Haiti against a previous opponent.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2018, 06:36:04 AM »
With all due respect your opinions Mr. Sando, I really disagree. Haiti has not only been very competitive with the Concacaf teams but even  with the top dogs in the world. The U-20 team= on their way to the world cup has eliminated Canada, Costa Rica and only losing on Penalty kicks after a 1-1 tie with the US and at the world stage going toe-to-toe with Germany, china losing 3-2, 2-1. These are semi finalist teams at the world cup.

Haiti did not make it to Jamaica at the CFU final for a simple reason, 7 out of the U-20 team players were actually top players from the senior team and were in France for the world cup. The world cup games were more important than the CFU qualification games. Even with Haiti bench or B team, they held Jamaica to a 2-2 tie after taking a 2-0 lead. Jamaica moved on because they had score 2 more goals than Haiti against a previous opponent.

You came here to simply argue about your U 20 team when it is clear I am talking about the CFU final round happening in Jamaica. Those are the games I am watching and not your U 20 Haiti games. You even went further to make excuses why the Haitian senior team failed to make it to the final round in Jamaica. All of that does not change the reality of the situation that all those women teams playing in JA just not ready for their Concacaf rivals. The quality is far subpar and just too far behind at the moment.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2018, 07:16:16 AM »
I am not arguing my man, I understand exactly what you're saying. All I was trying to say you would have seen quality soccer had Haiti world cup team in that mix in  Jamaica. Their u-20/CFU  team is actually their senior team. I just don't agree with yoru statement CFU teams can't  compete with teams like Mexico, Costa Rica and Canada...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2018, 08:33:28 AM »
I just don't agree with yoru statement CFU teams can't  compete with teams like Mexico, Costa Rica and Canada...

Go to youtube watch the games or highlights, then compare with the same quality of mentioned Concacaf teams. Its not what we wish, but instead what is reality. Realities the gap between the Caribbean teams and bigger teams in Concacaf is huge. That is why I am NEVER surprised when these so called big Caribbean teams continue to get an ass whooping when we face them. Based on what I am seeing, I see no different happening this year.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2018, 12:53:26 AM »
Cordner, Taylor score for T&T.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

Nor­way-based Ken­ny ‘YaYa’ Cord­ner net­ted a sec­ond-half dou­ble af­ter an open­ing goal from Kay­la Tay­lor saw T&T Women end­ed their Caribbean Foot­ball Union Fi­nal Round Qual­i­fiers to the CON­CA­CAF Fi­nal Round on a high af­ter a 3-0 vic­to­ry over Bermu­da in Kingston, Ja­maica, yes­ter­day.

Fol­low­ing’s Fri­day shock 4-1 loss to Ja­maica af­ter lead 1-0 deep in­to the sec­ond-half at In­de­pen­dence Park (Na­tion­al Sta­di­um), the ‘Women War­riors’ were ea­ger to end on a pos­i­tive note and got off to a great start when Tay­lor scored for the fourth straight match, and her tour­na­ment-high sev­enth goal in the 12th minute.

How­ev­er, the So­ca Princess­es with­out in­jured cap­tain Tasha St Louis in the line-up strug­gled to add to their tal­ly and on­ly had the one goal to show at the half.

Twelve min­utes af­ter the restart, Cord­ner dou­bled the lead and three min­utes from full-time she added an­oth­er to end with three goals in as many match­es af­ter miss­ing’s T&T open­er, a 3-2 win over Cu­ba, in which Tay­lor net­ted a hat-trick.

The win lift­ed the An­ton Corneal-coached team to nine points from four match­es, lev­el with Ja­maica which came up against third-placed Cu­ba (six points) in last night’s sec­ond en­counter.

De­spite be­ing de­throned as CFU cham­pi­ons, and suf­fer­ing its heav­i­est de­feat to a re­gion­al ri­val, T&T is as­sured of qual­i­fi­ca­tion to the eight-team CON­CA­CAF Fi­nal Round along with Ja­maica and Cu­ba where they will join the trio of the USA, Cana­da and Mex­i­co, the top three ranked teams in Con­ca­caf who were au­to­mat­ic qual­i­fiers to the fi­nal round of eight-teams as well as Cen­tral Amer­i­can duo, Cos­ta Ri­ca and Pana­ma.

USA will wel­come the re­gion’s top women’s na­tion­al teams for the 2018 CON­CA­CAF Women’s Cham­pi­onship, which will crown a re­gion­al cham­pi­on and qual­i­fy three teams di­rect­ly for the FI­FA Women’s World Cup France 2019, plus the fourth-place fin­ish­er to an In­ter-Con­ti­nen­tal Play­off.

The Con­ca­caf Women’s Cham­pi­onship is sched­uled to be played Oc­to­ber 4-17, 2018 in Texas.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2018, 09:55:51 AM »
Let's make sure we take care of the visa situation for the team from now.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2018, 07:22:49 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago Women’s 3-0 win over Bermuda.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/B1SFtxdIKNU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/B1SFtxdIKNU</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Draw Reveals Groups for the 2018 Concacaf Women’s Championship
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2018, 08:46:36 AM »
Draw Reveals Groups for the 2018 Concacaf Women’s Championship
CONCACAF.com

The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (Concacaf) today conducted the official draw for the 2018 Concacaf Women’s Championship, at the Univision Deportes Studios, in Miami, FL.

The 2018 edition of the women’s championship, scheduled to take place October 4-17, 2018, will be disputed in two rounds. After round-robin play in Cary, NC and Edinburg, TX, the two group winners, plus the two second-place finishers will advance to the knockout round. The semifinals, third place match and final will take place at the Toyota Stadium, in Frisco, TX.

The live event, which sorted the eight participating teams into two groups, was hosted by Univision’s Adriana Monsalve and featured remarks by Concacaf General Secretary Philippe Moggio. Head of Concacaf Women’s Football and former Canadian international Karina LeBlanc conducted the draw.

As host and highest ranked nation, in the newly announced Concacaf Women’s Ranking, the United States was seeded into position A1, while Canada, as the second best ranked nation, was placed in position B1. The remaining six teams were placed in three pots and sorted using a double-blind system.

The groups for the 2018 Concacaf Women’s Championship are as follows:

« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 09:43:30 AM by Tallman »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2018, 09:14:12 AM »
Why are the US and Mexico in the same group?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2018, 09:16:04 AM »

According to CONCACAF:

As host and highest ranked nation, in the newly announced Concacaf Women’s Ranking, the United States was seeded into position A1, while Canada, as the second best ranked nation, was placed in position B1. The remaining six teams were placed in three pots and sorted using a double-blind system.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 09:45:14 AM by Tallman »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2018, 05:46:36 PM »

According to CONCACAF:

No incentive or reward for team that tops the CFU tournament.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2018, 04:07:52 PM »
well we not physical enough and most ah dem eh have conditioning to keep up with no hard running(US) or technical(Mex) baller and Corneal have same tactical deficiencies as always so  :( :(
I pity the fool....

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2018, 04:00:00 AM »
I am never surprised when we lose,I am usually very surprised when we win but my elation is short lived because we go on to lose the next match.What a life I live as a sports fanatic,the worst part is,I still support TT in all sports.I may come back in another life as a Jamaica,i'll be a happier sports fan,I may even be a brilliant sportsman.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2018, 06:50:08 AM »
What kept you from being a brilliant sportsman in this life ?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2018, 01:58:02 PM »
:yellowcard:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2018, 05:40:42 PM »
:yellowcard:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  @Deeks

1]; } ?>