March 28, 2024, 05:42:54 AM

Author Topic: 2018 Caribbean Women's World Cup Qualifiers  (Read 29307 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Caribbean Women's World Cup Qualifiers
« Reply #180 on: October 14, 2018, 07:16:56 AM »
We seem to get near the river Jordan but cant cross to the promise land. I remember Jack warner saying that the Women's team offered the best promise to make a world cup. we were competitive despite the inherent problems , then we seemed to have lost the script. we had the talent but fitness seemed to have been the problem . What went wrong - Forumites.

fitness is d major issue, for women yuh need to have ah good conditioning regimen because yuh hadda make sure yuh have athletes or yuh wasting time, especially against teams like USA and Jamaica....I use Jamaica because at d very least yuh know jamaica goh have dat in spades, d next ting is touch and passing and general ball mastery, both of which completely gone now, didn't have much ah dat with Randy either but at least d women was fit enough to chase d game/ball for d greater part ah 90mins.
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 14, 2018, 08:26:38 AM »

United States sure to beat Jamaica ass in today's semi final.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 14, 2018, 08:29:20 AM »

What's going here? more bacchanal and hooligan behaviour by our players and seem to always be the same culprits. What happen to professionalism?

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/local/football-madness/article_2e7d96e8-cf4d-11e8-90ee-93b6bed7b20b.html

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 14, 2018, 08:37:44 AM »

yes they may, but I bet yuh dey will be ah better physical match than we were, Jamaica at least realise dat speed is ah asset they have, is ah assets we had with Waldron.......US women not really special, they just developed for pace and power....which is ah deadly combo in women's football, even d far more technical Brazilians does get trouble with them
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 14, 2018, 08:51:52 AM »

yes they may, but I bet yuh dey will be ah better physical match than we were, Jamaica at least realise dat speed is ah asset they have, is ah assets we had with Waldron.......US women not really special, they just developed for pace and power....which is ah deadly combo in women's football, even d far more technical Brazilians does get trouble with them

Just being physical is not good enough. That is the dinosaur Caribbean thinking. We bigger and stronger suppose to mean what in the end? We lack the football IQ, lack the technical skill, lack composure, lack endurance, lack creativity. Years of getting licks still have not convinced us that just being physical and athletic is not a winning solution. US and Canada are miles ahead..results do not lie

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 14, 2018, 10:43:09 AM »

What's going here? more bacchanal and hooligan behaviour by our players and seem to always be the same culprits. What happen to professionalism?

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/local/football-madness/article_2e7d96e8-cf4d-11e8-90ee-93b6bed7b20b.html
Can you post the article?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 14, 2018, 10:54:01 AM »

yes they may, but I bet yuh dey will be ah better physical match than we were, Jamaica at least realise dat speed is ah asset they have, is ah assets we had with Waldron.......
US women not really special, they just developed for pace and power....which is ah deadly combo in women's football, even d far more technical Brazilians does get trouble with them

That was then. Different scene in 2018.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 14, 2018, 11:51:16 AM »

Just being physical is not good enough. That is the dinosaur Caribbean thinking. We bigger and stronger suppose to mean what in the end? We lack the football IQ, lack the technical skill, lack composure, lack endurance, lack creativity. Years of getting licks still have not convinced us that just being physical and athletic is not a winning solution. US and Canada are miles ahead..results do not lie

I don't get your argument, you are reading too much into one word, when I say physical, I also encompass athleticism and conditioning........if all d oxygen yuh body processing hadda be going towards helping yuh limbs stay functional, den yuh not going and be in no state to create or maintain composure......I believe dat with women yuh hadda work on dey conditioning as d very first thing then technique especially running, if at that level yuh still have ah girlish saunter when people strait up flyin past yuh sumting wrong
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 14, 2018, 12:08:44 PM »

yes they may, but I bet yuh dey will be ah better physical match than we were, Jamaica at least realise dat speed is ah asset they have, is ah assets we had with Waldron.......
US women not really special, they just developed for pace and power....which is ah deadly combo in women's football, even d far more technical Brazilians does get trouble with them

wha yuh mean d improved passing and interplay, dais upgraded power ball made to look exceptional by d dire state of our team dem girls looked burnt after a few minutes

and no ah not knucking d US play, we could learn from dat game....sure nobody grab ah "tape" to analyse
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 12:12:48 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 14, 2018, 01:14:52 PM »

wha yuh mean d improved passing and interplay, dais upgraded power ball made to look exceptional by d dire state of our teamdem girls looked burnt after a few minutes

and no ah not knucking d US play, we could learn from dat game....sure nobody grab ah "tape" to analyse

Speaking definitively based on the US performance against us would lack credibility. That's not my benchmark. The US is playing more constructive football with this cast of players. 

Give them credit where credit is due. Even at optimal preparation, we would have had multiple difficulties with the US.

A "tape" exists but ah not sure that any useful collective conclusions could  be made in light of the well-documented dysfunction that plagued the team. Off the top of my head doh, the foreign-based defender allegedly played at Hutchinson's expense,  looked positive in her desire to play thoughtfully across thirds.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 01:21:31 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 14, 2018, 01:44:51 PM »

wha yuh mean d improved passing and interplay, dais upgraded power ball made to look exceptional by d dire state of our teamdem girls looked burnt after a few minutes

Speaking definitively based on the US performance against us would lack credibility. That's not my benchmark. The US is playing more constructive football with this cast of players. 

Give them credit where credit is due. Even at optimal preparation, we would have had multiple difficulties with the US.

A "tape" exists but ah not sure that any useful collective conclusions could  be made in light of the well-documented dysfunction that plagued the team. Off the top of my head doh, the foreign-based defender allegedly played at Hutchinson's expense,  looked positive in her desire to play thoughtfully across thirds.

I hear you, if I had an opportunity with this team, beyond focusing on getting dey fitness up, touch and ball mastery and team defense would be at the top of the list, dem girls need to be moving up and down d field in ah tight block to support each other better......in typical trini football fashion dem girls looked broken in three most of the time....so it didn't surprise me that they had low passing success on top of dat one or two looked like they can't carry ah ball to save dey life........
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 14, 2018, 06:53:09 PM »
right now America torturing and tearing Jamaica apart. Its 5-0 by halftime. And to really listen to some in here saying earlier T&T should watch Jamaica smh steupse...like I've ALWAYS said the Caribbean is way behind in quality!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 06:28:27 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2018, 10:14:50 AM »
Jamaica vs panama for   third and final automatic spot  :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2018, 11:46:03 AM »
Women footballers face 'Women in Sport issues'
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Crit­i­cisms of T&T women's coach Shawn Coop­er on his team se­lec­tion and his coach­ing style dur­ing the CON­CA­CAF Women's Cham­pi­onship qual­i­fi­er for the FI­FA Women's World Cup next year in France did not sur­prise oth­er staff mem­bers, be­cause of whom it came from.

A mem­ber of the tech­ni­cal staff who spoke on con­di­tion of anonymi­ty be­lieves Ken­nya 'Yaya' Cord­ner's ac­count of the is­sues faced over the past two weeks was her own and not the per­spec­tive of the oth­er play­ers or mem­bers of staff. The staff mem­ber be­lieves Cord­ner did not even high­light the true is­sues faced by the play­ers which hinged more on them be­ing 'women in sport,' in a male-dom­i­nat­ed world.

The source told Guardian Me­dia Sports that al­though the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion re­ceived a cheque for $430,000 from the Min­istry of Sports and Youth Af­fairs on the eve of the team's de­par­ture for the Qual­i­fiers in the Unit­ed States, the play­ers have not re­ceived a sin­gle cent as yet. Min­is­ter of Sports Sham­fa Cud­joe made it clear that the monies were to be used to pay play­ers' salaries and cov­er oth­er ex­pens­es dur­ing the tour­na­ment.

"We have not heard any­thing about pay­ment as yet. I think as women in sports we are not giv­en the re­spect we de­serve. We do not get pay, we hard­ly re­ceive mon­ey for prepa­ra­tion, etc. The cur­rent ad­min­is­tra­tion of the T&TFA start­ed well by in­tro­duc­ing the women's pro­gramme and of­fer­ing con­tracts to play­ers, but it could not fol­low through on it," the source said.

The T&T women were beat­en in all three qual­i­fy­ing match­es, first go­ing down to Pana­ma 3-0, Mex­i­co 4-1 and then the USA 7-0 at the Sahlen's Sta­di­um in Cary, North Car­oli­na, USA.

The source dis­missed crit­i­cisms that coach Coop­er did not se­lect his best squad of play­ers for the tour­na­ment, as well as for the group stage, say­ing the staff, which in­clud­ed T&TFA tech­ni­cal di­rec­tor An­ton Corneal, worked close­ly with Coop­er to se­lect the play­ers to go to the tour­na­ment and for each match, as they re­al­ized the coach was new to women foot­ball and need­ed their in­put.

The staff mem­ber said the se­lec­tion of the play­ers was based on who was avail­able to the team and who was pre­pared. The tech­ni­cal staff was chal­lenged by play­ers' in­abil­i­ty to get time from school in the US and time from work, to their fit­ness and readi­ness.

"Cord­ner ac­cept­ed the op­por­tu­ni­ty to play for the team, know­ing the is­sues they were faced with. And for the match­es, there were a num­ber of play­ers with in­juries, in­clud­ing Lau­ryn Hamil­ton and Arin King, both of whom could not play in the fi­nal match. In fact, Hamil­ton was ap­proached about her in­juries and she too agreed she could not play," the source ex­plained.

The source said every­one is await­ing word from man­ag­er Jinelle James for an up­date on a date for pay­ment but ad­mit­ted that no one could say if any of the play­ers are con­tem­plat­ing with­hold­ing their ser­vices from rep­re­sent­ing the coun­try un­til pay­ment is made.

Mean­while, Rus­sell Lat­apy, the coach of the Un­der-17 and 20 teams, is yet to con­duct a train­ing ses­sion with his teams due to his un­paid salaries.

Con­tact­ed, a dis­ap­point­ed Coop­er said he will soon pro­vide a re­port to the me­dia on every­thing re­lat­ing to the women foot­ball team.

Ef­forts by Guardian Me­dia Sports to con­tact T&TFA pres­i­dent David John-Williams yes­ter­day proved fu­tile.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2018, 03:34:05 PM »
Alibey: so much fuh yuh source being "anonymous".  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Entertaining doh.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 03:35:44 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2018, 09:27:02 PM »
Lauryn Hamilton yes
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 17, 2018, 01:15:29 PM »
How is it a woman in sport issue? The men getting paid money or something? As far as I know, is all teams in a mess, all coaches not being paid. The women not getting a special victimization
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2018, 02:32:56 PM »
I was about to say the same thing.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 17, 2018, 05:22:46 PM »
Jamaica and Panama are 2-1 with the second extra-time period in progress with ~110:00 played.

EDIT: 2-2 with goal at ~ 115:00.

Jamaica defeat Panama 4-2 on penalty kicks to finish third in the CONCACAF Women's Championship and qualify for France 2019, thereby emulating the unprecedented qualification of the 1998 Jamaica MNT in destination and event.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 05:58:06 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2018, 07:10:30 PM »
Jamaica and Panama are 2-1 with the second extra-time period in progress with ~110:00 played.

Jamaica defeat Panama 4-2 on penalty kicks to finish third in the CONCACAF Women's Championship and qualify for France 2019, thereby emulating the unprecedented qualification of the 1998 Jamaica MNT in destination and event.

how long again we have to wait to qualify for a women WC  12 years???? .... 1989 we came close  they made it in 1998 in 2014 we came close they qualified for 2019 .. we can never get our act together .......
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2018, 07:17:00 PM »

how long again we have to wait to qualify for a women WC  12 years???? .... 1989 we came close  they made it in 1998 in 2014 we came close they qualified for 2019 .. we can never get our act together .......

Why are you so fascinated in comparing the times they qualified to when we qualified? Is it that important for you to compare them to us?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2018, 07:45:57 PM »
right now America torturing and tearing Jamaica apart. Its 5-0 by halftime. And to really listen to some in here saying earlier T&T should watch Jamaica smh steupse...like I've ALWAYS said the Caribbean is way behind in quality!

and yet!!!!!!...................

what seeker say about d U.S. team may ring true for all comers in d caribbean, but jamaica had the tools (raw though they may be to go toe to toe with the rest and proved it.......I'll say it again, if we won't use coaches that know how to physical, mentally and technically condition women,  we will always fail. Our women's program, and use that term lightly, have always benefited when we hire coaches that have developmental pedigree, non ah DJW coach fren cyah develop nutten.......is ah sad sad state of affairs......

dey fire ah prez who was lil shitty on d admin side, but had all teams performing for shitty all round prez that has been a "specialist in failure" copyright jose......so there is that
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2018, 07:55:44 PM »

and yet!!!!!!...................

what seeker say about d U.S. team may ring true for all comers in d caribbean, but jamaica had the tools (raw though they may be to go toe to toe with the rest and proved it.......I'll say it again, if we won't use coaches that know how to physical, mentally and technically condition women,  we will always fail. Our women's program, and use that term lightly, have always benefited when we hire coaches that have developmental pedigree, non ah DJW coach fren cyah develop nutten.......is ah sad sad state of affairs......

dey fire ah prez who was lil shitty on d admin side, but had all teams performing for shitty all round prez that has been a "specialist in failure" copyright jose......so there is that

and yet what? America tortured them...America and Canada is way ahead of the rest. The 'rest' you mentioned are playing at a low quality so there is not much tools necessary. This is Concacaf women football we are talking about. Are you not watching the matches? Jamaican beating Panama in a third place game does not change the fact that the quality gap between America, Canada and the rest is huge..
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 07:57:53 PM by Sando prince »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 17, 2018, 08:37:17 PM »

and yet what? America tortured them...America and Canada is way ahead of the rest. The 'rest' you mentioned are playing at a low quality so there is not much tools necessary. This is Concacaf women football we are talking about. Are you not watching the matches? Jamaican beating Panama in a third place game does not change the fact that the quality gap between America, Canada and the rest is huge..

they still had something useful to work with namely fitness and athleticism, are they going to set the world alight, f**k no, but they were given their best shot by at least being able to function for 90 mins, flawed though it may have been against the US.....we were dead tired after 10mins against the US and looked lost throughout the entire tourney........I knew this would not end well since we lost in CFU to Jamaica who were at least fit ......and the writing was on the wall after CAC......

Our level is low yes as is much of CFU, but we hold our own when we are at least fit and have coaches that understand the need for that.....Jamaica were at least FIT........AND Randy managed to make some of these low level women competitive not that long ago, he forged ah unit.....
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 08:40:22 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 17, 2018, 09:01:48 PM »
Jamaica will always 1 up TT in everything if Jamaica ,Barbados or Bahamas had oil like Trinidad they would have become a 1st world country all that oil Trinidad had they remain a backward 3rd world country.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 17, 2018, 09:34:21 PM »
Guys. Look how long it took for the men to barely qualify. Men been playing football for donkeys. I spoke to Mike Grayson this weekend. He said that there is barely a women's league. Women are hardly playing football. The league is weak. The talent pool is very small. Allyuh see all the headache to get some money from the govt. And the private sector don't take on TTFA. Allyuh have to give the women time. Allyuh should back JA like everything else. TT just march to a different beat. Allyuh know the modus operandi all along. Allyuh see an arrogant auuthoritarian running TT football. just give it a rest. TT women football will take sometime to develop.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 17, 2018, 09:52:43 PM »
Guys. Look how long it took for the men to barely qualify. Men been playing football for donkeys. I spoke to Mike Grayson this weekend. He said that there is barely a women's league. Women are hardly playing football. The league is weak. The talent pool is very small. Allyuh see all the headache to get some money from the govt. And the private sector don't take on TTFA. Allyuh have to give the women time. Allyuh should back JA like everything else. TT just march to a different beat. Allyuh know the modus operandi all along. Allyuh see an arrogant auuthoritarian running TT football. just give it a rest. TT women football will take sometime to develop.
But we came very close to qualifying 4 yrs ago and went backwards with many of the same players. We should've been developing in the years leading up to this.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 17, 2018, 10:18:25 PM »
But we came very close to qualifying 4 yrs ago and went backwards with many of the same players. We should've been developing in the years leading up to this.

Dude. You have to be patient with women football. Be it the players themselves, the coaches or the administration. Our talent pool is small, our coaches needs more, and our admins. sucks big time. Just be patient. The men missed out on 1974 Germany WC. They missed out on Italy. It took time for them. It will take more time for the women.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 17, 2018, 10:36:24 PM »

Dude. You have to be patient with women football. Be it the players themselves, the coaches or the administration. Our talent pool is small, our coaches needs more, and our admins. sucks big time. Just be patient. The men missed out on 1974 Germany WC. They missed out on Italy. It took time for them. It will take more time for the women.

deeks the regression should not have been this bad, DJW came into office and met competitive teams and proceeded to mash up everyting for no greater reason than that is d trini way, to mash up or neglect what yuh didn build, succession not in we mindset, worst if yuh prone to frenism or jus straight up like to be surrounded by lick bamsee competence be damned.
I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2018, 12:55:07 AM »
TTFA yet to decide on Cordner’s issue.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

THE TT Football Association (TTFA) is yet to decide on whether or not any action will be taken on veteran national women’s team striker Kenya “Ya Ya” Cordner, after a report on her behaviour was submitted to the local governing body by team manager Jinelle James.

Cordner allegedly refused to play in the final Group A game for TT against hosts United States in the CONCACAF Women’s Championship – the US won the game 7-0 – after a dressing room confrontation with coach Shawn Cooper.

TTFA general secretary Justin Latapy-George said yesterday, “The report will have to go before the board, and the board will have to meet and decide on what appropriate action will be taken.”

Latapy-George was unable to say exactly when the board will meet to discuss the conduct of the 29-year-old Cordner.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>