March 28, 2024, 03:16:46 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs United Arab Emirates Game (06-Sept-2018)  (Read 12820 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs United Arab Emirates game in Spain on the 6th of September 2018 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers:

To be updated.

Defenders:

To be updated.

Midfielders:

To be updated.

Forwards:

To be updated.

Coach - Dennis Lawrence (TRI).

UAE Squad

Goalkeepers

To be updated.

Defenders

To be updated.

Midfielders

To be updated.

Forwards

To be updated.

Coach - To be updated.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 02:37:24 PM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for T&T vs United Arab Emirates Game (06-Sept-2018)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 02:29:38 AM »
T&T Senior Men to face United Arab Emirates in September Friendly.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Men’s team will meet United Arab Emirates,  an an opponent currently ranked 11 places above them on the FIFA World ranking, in their next scheduled Friendly International encounter.

Head Coach Dennis Lawrence and his squad will take on the Asian opponent on September 6, in Spain as the TTFA continues to ensure the National Men’s Team is active during the official FIFA windows.

Lawrence was elated when confirmation of the encounter came.

“This is a good test for us at this time. UAE has a strong football tradition and we can expect a tough contest. The timing is also ideal because the Pro League will be just about three months into its competition which would have the local players selected in a better “match ready condition,” Lawrence told TTFA Media.

The FIFA Window is September 3-11 and with this in mind, Lawrence and the TTFA is currently pursuing another friendly while in Europe.

“It will be practical to secure another friendly while we are in Europe to maximise our time on the continent, so I am liaising with my contact with the hope of giving the Association some feasible recommendations soon,” Lawrence explained.

The T&T head coach will be matching wits in the Catalonian city of Girona with Italian Alberto Zaccheroni who took up the UAE Head Coaching position in October 2017 with some lofty credentials which include leading AC Milan to the Italian title in 1999. The Arabs will host the AFC Asian Cup in 2019 and are ranked at 81 on FIFA World Ranking Table while Trinidad and Tobago is at 92.

Like T&T, the UAE has one FIFA World Cup finals appearance  which came in 1990 when Italy hosted. Both nations last met in 2013 at the OSN Cup with the game finishing 3-3 before the UAE prevailed on penalty kicks.

UAE’s  most recent international achievement was a third place  finish at the prestigious Asian Cup in 2015. As for  the 2018 World Cup campaign, the UAE qualified for the Second Round of the Asian Football Confederation competition, where they finished second in Group A behind Saudi Arabia and qualified for the Third Round. In this round, they finished fourth in Group B, bowing out of the qualifying race for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 03:10:35 PM »
Is this still on?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 05:16:26 PM »
Is this still on?

Well boy, when I see de thread I say something happen that I eh know bout....then ah see de thread start since May.....I'm gonna hazard a guess that the answer is no.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 11:18:15 PM »
Barbados and J'ca  have played two friendlies this month.

I now coming here to try to smile a bit and nobody even know if the game is on.

I feeling sorry for Lawrence.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 01:04:14 PM »
Looks like it is on.  Lawrence selected a 20 man squad. 

Contro will be happy.....Guerra get selected

Contro will benn......Ball Pest did not get selected

Stay tuned for Wired report

As for Lawrence’s comment that UAE has a strong football tradition, I was a little perplexed by that

I thought if anything, UAE more known for their cricket team than football team. 
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 02:02:20 PM »
Lawrence announces Squad for United Arab Emirates Friendly
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Dennis Lawrence today announced a 20-man squad for the September 6th International Friendly against United Arab Emirates.

There were call ups for European-based duo Keston Julien and Kathon St Hillaire as well as a recall for Charleston Battery midfielder Ataulla Guerra. Some of the notables back in the team include German-based Joevin Jones, Sheldon Bateau, Shahdon Winchester, Levi Garcia, Nathan Lewis, Aubrey David, Khaleem Hyland, Daneil Cyrus, Triston Hodge, Kevan George and goalkeepers Adrian Foncette and Marvin Phillip.

The team assembles in Barcelona on September 3rd before heading to Gerona for the match.

“It is important that we understand that the squad was selected with different things to take into consideration. There were a number of players that were very close but we had to take into consideration the amount of time we will have in terms of training because the journey will take almost over day and half. We had to select a squad of players that basically knew what exactly what we are about and how we want to work and the things we want to do. We need to put in a performance and try to get a result,” Lawrence said.

“We took the opportunity to bring in players like Keston Julien and Ataulla Guerra to give them the opportunity to come in and push for a place in the team. We have to have a competitive squad. Going into this  game we are going to challenge ourselves in a different way. Me the head coach,  I am going to challenge myself in terms of right, ‘can we go and win the game’. The objective is to try and win the game,” he added.

T&T Squad to face United Arab Emirates

Goalkeepers: Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Marvin Phillip (Central FC)

Defenders: Sheldon Bateau (FC Kairat—Kazakhstan), Daneil Cyrus (Al-Orobah FC—Saudi Arabia), Aubrey David (Vaasan Palloseura FC—Finland), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Triston Hodge (W Connection), Keston Julien (AS Trencin FC—Slovakia)

Midfielders: Kevan George (Charlotte Independence—USA), Neveal Hackshaw (Charleston Battery—USA), Akeem Humphrey (Club Sando), Khaleem Hyland (Al Faisaly FC—Saudi Arabia), Duane Muckette (Central FC), Levi Garcia (Kiryat Shomona FC—Israel), Ataulla Guerra (Charleston Battery—USA), Joevin Jones (Darmstadt 98—Germany), Nathan Lewis (Indy Eleven FC—USA), Kathon St Hillaire (SC Znojmo FK—Czech Republic), Jomal Williams (W Connection)

Forward: Shahdon Winchester (SJK Seinajoki—Finland)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RX9JgSK01uk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RX9JgSK01uk</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 07:15:16 PM »
Still in call up Greg I see, like our keepers at home in top form.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 03:48:30 AM »
Quit Spain to play just one game?

Some other players who could add to we next WC team.

We need to find a potent striker, we can't rely on Shahdon alone.

Greg Ramjitsingh, Keron Cummings, Shannon Gomez, Cordell Cato, Mekeil Williams, Alvin Jones, Brent Sam, Noah Powder, Aikim Andrews, Jomal Williams, Rundell Winchester, Andre Fortune, Weslie John, Ricardo John, Leston Paul and Kareem Moses.

Ah feel if Greg Ramjitsingh sign for W Connection he might get call.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 08:08:37 AM »
Good to see Guerra in the mix again. Would have liked to see Greg in the mix also. Don't know how his club schedule is, or if DL not interested anymore. Like I said this DJW admin. is pure pins and needles.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 08:17:02 AM »

Greg Ramjitsingh, Keron Cummings, Shannon Gomez, Cordell Cato, Mekeil Williams, Alvin Jones, Brent Sam, Noah Powder, Aikim Andrews, Jomal Williams, Rundell Winchester, Andre Fortune, Weslie John, Ricardo John, Leston Paul and Kareem Moses.

Reasonable question.

However, as you know, we likely can't afford the costs of additional days in Europe.

That stated, playing Andorra might/would have been a feasible consideration. Closest viable FIFA member association to Girona. If we can play Grenada, there's certainly no foul in playing Andorra.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 10:06:58 AM »
Sill no greg ranjitsingh ... Lawrence calling up the same old same old .....  time to move on past Guerra he is 31
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2018, 11:51:32 AM »
Sill no greg ranjitsingh ... Lawrence calling up the same old same old .....  time to move on past Guerra he is 31

Is he too old to contribute to the Gold Cup effort? I think not.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2018, 12:42:49 PM »
We could move past Guerra when we find somebody younger... ANYBODY younger...  who scoring and performing at a decent level. Not these Borat leagues man playing in and still cyah make. Best players at all times. Ah playing Carlos and all if he better than the next.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2018, 01:18:55 PM »
Yeah woudda like to see Greg Ranjitsingh in the mix. Wah bout the Shiva boys? Whey Judah Garcia? Whey Pappy?

We seem to be developing quite a few midfielders. Lacking in the striking department.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2018, 02:01:02 PM »

Reasonable question.

However, as you know, we likely can't afford the costs of additional days in Europe.

That stated, playing Andorra might/would have been a feasible consideration. Closest viable FIFA member association to Girona. If we can play Grenada, there's certainly no foul in playing Andorra.
Andorra would've been a good opponent for us at this stage. I agree with Sam, if we're going to Spain best we play at least 2 games and make the most of it. However I am grateful for a game.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2018, 06:45:24 AM »

Reasonable question.

Andorra would've been a good opponent for us at this stage. I agree with Sam, if we're going to Spain best we play at least 2 games and make the most of it. However I am grateful for a game.

It turns out that the UAE played Andorra about a week and a half ago.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2018, 05:14:29 PM »
I don't know if TT have the money to spend two weeks away.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 12:51:36 AM »
Williams, Phillip eager to cement T&T spots.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

JOMAL WILLIAMS and Marvin Phillip are both eager to regain their spots for the national men’s football team ahead of the friendly international against the United Arab Emirates, on September 6, in Girona, Spain.

The 24-year-old Williams, who has 11 international caps, last played for T&T in the July 26 2017 fixture away to Ecuador.

And the 34-year-old Phillip’s last match for the national team was a 1-0 win away to Guadeloupe on March 23.

Both Williams and Phillip are among the 20-member team announced by coach Dennis Lawrence on Monday for the contest against the UAE.

Williams hopes that this time around, he can get an extended run on the national team.

“Of course. That’s what I’ve been working towards, to (cement) my spot on the national team, and give Dennis a hard time in selecting the team,” said the diminutive winger, moments after a media briefing at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva on Monday.

Williams recently returned to W Connection after overseas stints with Murcielagos FC in Mexico and Zika in Azerbaijan.

“It’s always (good) for me to be home, knowing that I came from here,” said Williams. “It’s a great feeling to be back here, showing my experience that I’ve gained abroad.”

Asked how it felt playing club football abroad, Williams responded, “The experience was good. The level was a bit higher. I’m just thankful for the experience that I’ve gained thus far playing outside.

Williams has played a key role in Connection’s perfect start, after five matches, in the 2018 Pro League. And he noted that his form, including two goals, was key to his T&T recall.

“I’ll bring a lot to the team,” he said. “It’s helped me a lot with my selection, playing day-in day-out football.”

Phillip, the lone goalkeeper on the Central FC’s Pro League squad, is willing to battle with the incumbent Adrian Foncette for the role as first-choice keeper in Lawrence’s squad.

“It’s an honour to be called to a national team at any point in time, whether it’s a friendly or in a competition,” said the experienced Phillip. “Foncette and I have a good relationship so, when the training start, we’ll just work hard and put the coach under pressure to see who will be the starting goalkeeper.”

Considering his number of appearances, Phillip can call himself one of the ‘elder statesmen’ on the team. He acknowledged, “It’s a pleasure to be under the coach’s radar. It’s best for me to go there and put out the work, and to lend my experience to the team.”

As far as his club’s form is concerned, Phillip noted, “We started off the Pro League a bit up and down, after winning the (First Citizens) Cup. We just need to refocus on getting that drive, and being consistent in the Pro League.”

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2018, 01:07:35 AM »
I don't know if TT have the money to spend two weeks away.
Nah man, you could play 2 games in 6 days. Plus it's a 20 man squad so players can be rotated and the coaches can see more of them.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2018, 04:47:17 AM »

seen enough disappoint from Cyrus over the years. Interesting he always make T&T team

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2018, 05:18:27 AM »
WATCH: Goalkeeper Adrian Foncette eager to wear national colours

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3Ezy9t_nJo0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3Ezy9t_nJo0</a>

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2018, 11:14:35 AM »
How is Ryan Telfer flying under the radar?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2018, 12:05:13 PM »

You assuming we have ah radar.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2018, 12:30:31 PM »

Interestingly put! Who is heading up that department, anyway?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2018, 02:31:04 PM »

I guess having mediocre expectations is too much for this current TTFA administration/DJW.

At this point all I can do is have in Keith. I hope he's successful with "cutting off the head of the snake".

Hopefully that DJW is gone by the new year. We need serious prep for the Gold Cup and qualification to Copa America 2020.. As it is quite evident now that DJW is only taking us backwards.

And yes, Ramjitsingh DESERVES a call up.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 02:36:17 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2018, 06:18:17 PM »
I think our recruitment policy is: dem outside eh better than we.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2018, 12:02:39 AM »
I think our recruitment policy is: dem outside eh better than we.
Same damn thing I'm saying. The opposite is true when considering an almost non existent non competitive league, poor development and our competitors have acknowledged this deficiency and recruited abroad. Lawrence seems to have bought into this crap and expects to reap dividends. I cyah see no fruit bearing from this smdh

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2018, 06:49:06 AM »
Lawrence announces Squad for United Arab Emirates Friendly
TTFA Media

Well blow me down....its on..... :o
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2018, 09:10:48 AM »
Recent Friendly between Haiti and UAE

Full game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR5wAYZjwbg

Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjsGaqX2cZw

1]; } ?>