March 28, 2024, 04:11:04 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs United Arab Emirates Game (06-Sept-2018)  (Read 12809 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs United Arab Emirates Game (06-Sept-2018)
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2018, 10:05:02 AM »
The TT-based players will be right at home playing in front of empty seats.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2018, 06:22:37 PM »
Good sense prevails: Marcus Joseph will be in Spain. Will he play doh?

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2018, 06:57:55 PM »
Good sense prevails: Marcus Joseph will be in Spain. Will he play doh?

That's solely up to him and his focus. He has had many opportunities under a few coaches but has never really really seized the chance.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2018, 08:14:32 PM »
How is Ryan Telfer flying under the radar?

Does anyone in the TTFA get any cut from Telfer playing at TFC?

Don’t be surprised to see Ranjitsingh being called up for Canada

It not profiting anybody (directly) to have him called up for T&T....so why will they pick him?

The T&T Men’s National team is prezzie de facto personal shopping cart.

Ray Charles and all could see that.  And he dead to boot

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2018, 12:50:23 AM »
Joseph replaces injured Garcia for friendly versus United Arab Emirates.
TTFA Media.

Israel-based winger Levi Garcia has been ruled out of Trinidad and Tobago’s International Friendly against United Arab Emirates after suffering a hamstring injury while playing for his club Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shmona F.C on Saturday.

Garcia pulled up in the 42nd minute of his team’s 2-1 loss to Happoel Ra’anana yesterday.

T&T head coach Dennis Lawrence has named W Connection’s Marcus Joseph as a replacement and he will fly through London, joining the rest of the team in Girona, Spain on September 4th.

“It is always disappointing to lose a player like Levi Garcia for an international fixture but this happens in football and we have to make the adjustments,” Lawrence commented.

“It’s fortunate that we have been able to make arrangements for Marcus to join the team. He is in fine form in the TT Pro League this season and we are eager to see this translated unto the international stage.”

The local contingent of players and staff departed for Barcelona on Sunday and will journey by bus to Girona on Tuesday for the September 6th International Friendly against United Arab Emirates.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
¡Ay, caramba! … Training woes for Trinidad and Tobago in Spain
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2018, 02:38:00 PM »
¡Ay, caramba! … Training woes for Trinidad and Tobago in Spain
TTFA Media

Despite arriving in Spain on Monday morning, the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men’s team is yet to get in a training session ahead of the Friendly International versus the United Arab Emirates scheduled for Thursday in Girona.

Dennis Lawrence and his men were scheduled to hit the training pitch in Barcelona on the afternoon of their arrival but despite promises from the match agent this never materialised. The situation worsen on Tuesday with players and staff awaiting confirmation of their six o’clock session in Girona. At 5:45pm there was no word from the representative assigned to the team or his colleagues.

The Head Coach was obviously not pleased. “At the moment I have to say it has been very very disappointing for all the efforts we have made to come over here and be well prepared. We approached the TTFA to fund us being here an extra day just in terms of our preparation and at the moment it has just gone all to waste because of the representatives of the UAE. I am disappointed for the players, I disappointed for football.”

TTFA President David John Williams is in continuous contact with Lawrence and has reached out the the UAE to solve the situation. “I am fully aware of the situation in Spain as I was updated by Coach Dennis and manager Richard Piper. They have our full support from this end and we are confident they will make the right decisions to protect our integrity” John-Williams told TTFA Media.

“The contract with the UAE catered to all the team’s training requirements and we will continue liaising with them to iron out these issues” the President concluded.

Lawrence also touched on those contractual arrangements “We were really excited to come over here and fulfil this fixture, players came over in good spirits and now we get to this situation where things contractually agreed to were not provided by the representatives of the UAE, because I don’t believe is the UAE Football Association itself, I believe it’s the representative of the match agent, those are the ones that got everything wrong in terms of no bus turning up for our training sessions and no pitches arranged.”

Disappointing was the word Lawrence closed with.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gbAMSOiz20A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gbAMSOiz20A</a>
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 05:02:38 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2018, 04:36:40 PM »
TTFA President David John Williams is in continuous contact with Lawrence and has reached out the the UAE to solve the situation. “I am fully aware of the situation in Spain as I was updated by Coach Dennis and manager Richard Piper. They have our full support from this end and we are confident they will make the right decisions to protect our integrity” John-Williams told TTFA Media.
“Full support” AKA “as long as WConnection players get a outside contract, I good”

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2018, 05:48:55 PM »
The downside of having one fixture booked ...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2018, 08:29:57 PM »
What time is the game?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2018, 12:46:52 AM »
Soca Warriors get UAE test today.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Shel­don Bateau, the T&T mid­field­er has said in spite of chal­lenges faced by the na­tion­al team ahead of to­day's in­ter­na­tion­al friend­ly en­counter with the Unit­ed Arab Emi­rates in Girona, Spain, the na­tion­al team will be­gin its quest to put T&T back on the map in world foot­ball.

He said while this can­not be achieved in one match, it will be­gin to­day. The T&T team missed three days to get in much-need­ed prac­tice since the team's ar­rival on Mon­day, due to un­ful­filled promis­es by the match agent.

The team was ex­pect­ed to train at a Barcelona pitch up­on ar­rival Mon­day but this nev­er ma­te­ri­al­ized. And on Tues­day the team again could not take the pitch as the agent failed to make con­tact with team of­fi­cials. How­ev­er, yes­ter­day Bateau said the team which is a young one has al­ready placed all the ob­sta­cles be­hind it and just wants to play foot­ball.

'Re­gard­less of what hap­pens they are will­ing to fight, ig­nore it all and just play foot­ball' Bateau said.

He added 'They are aware that they are not on­ly play­ing for them­selves but for an en­tire coun­try. We plan to give of our best and come out vic­to­ri­ous. "

How­ev­er, he was quick to note that the game will be no easy task for them, say­ing both he and Khaleem Hy­land know some of the play­ers from UAE and they will be a force to be reck­oned with.

He be­lieves the match will pro­vide an op­por­tu­ni­ty for his play­ers to re­assem­ble af­ter the failed World Cup qual­i­fiers.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2018, 03:09:36 AM »
Omar joins camp as UAE gear up for two friendlies
By James Jose, Khaleej Times

Star playmaker Omar Abdulrahman linked up with the UAE National football squad for the first time since his mega switch from Al Ain to Saudi Arabia's Al Hilal.

The 26-year-old, who made the move from the record 13-time Arabian Gulf League champions to the record Saudi Professional League winners last month, joined his teammates in the second camp in Girona, Spain.

Omar, nicknamed 'Amoory', had missed the first camp in Salzburg, Austria from August 1 to 19 as he sorted out his club future. The UAE team management had approved his request to skip the camp.

As coach Alberto Zaccheroni ramps up preparations for the AFC Asian Cup to be held on home soil in January next year, the team are set to play their first of two international friendlies on Thursday.

The Whites take on Trinidad and Tobago at the Estadio Palamos Costa Brava Stadium and later meet Laos in the second international friendly on September 11. The ongoing camp comes to an end on September 12.

The 26-man squad trained on Wednesday, with a special session for goalkeepers. Saif Rashid has returned home for medical treatment after tests confirmed he has a back muscle injury. The Sharjah winger was called up by Zaccheroni for both the camps and had impressed during the first camp in Salzburg, Austria.

"The friendly against Trinidad and Tobago will be a real test for the team as the opponents are fast-paced and physically strong. It will be a tough test and the team will learn from the experience," team manager Obaid Habita said.

"The international friendlies have been chosen very carefully in order to achieve certain goals. We will be playing against different teams, which offers different schools and different styles of football. It will help the team when it comes to tactics and help the players deal with and adapt to different methods of play," he added.

Habita also said that future camps will be held during Fifa days and will not exceed two weeks, which is sufficient for the players, especially since they will be participating with their respective clubs in domestic competitions.

The third camp will also be held in Spain, in Barcelona, from October 6 to 16 with two friendlies against Honduras and Venezuela on October 11 and 16 respectively. The fourth and fifth camps will run from November 6 to 20 and December 15 to 31 respectively at home, most likely in Al Ain, with two friendlies scheduled.

SQUAD:
Khalid Eisa, Ismail Ahmed, Mohannad Salem, Mohammed Ahmed, Bandar Al Ahbabi, Amer Abdulrahman Ahmed Barman, Rayan Yaslam, Mohammed Abdulrahman (Al Ain), Mohammed Marzooq, Walid Abbas, Majed Hassan, Ismail Al Hammadi, Ahmed Khalil (Shabab Al Ahli), Ali Khaseif, Fares Jumaa, Ali Mabkhout (Al Jazira), Mahmoud Khamis, Khalifa Mubarak (Al Nasr), Khamis Ismail, Ali Salmin (Al Wasl), Alhasan Saleh (Sharjah), Fahad Al Dhanhani (Bani Yas), Mohamed Bargash (Al Wahda), Omar Abdulrahman ( Al Hilal).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 03:15:53 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2018, 03:37:11 AM »
Meet the FIFA match agent bringing football teams to the UAE
Sport Industry Insider

FIFA match agent Lenar Sayfullin explains how he has capitalised on the increase in clubs and national teams visiting the UAE for camps and friendlies.

Winter trips to the UAE have become as synonymous with football as Messi vs Ronaldo debates and fantasy league frustrations. More and more clubs are travelling to the emirates to take advantage of the Gulf’s warmer climate and impressive facilities.

Residents and fans may have begun to take these football forays for granted, such is there regularity, but it is only in the past few years that the UAE has truly established itself as the go-to mid-season destination.

Russian Lenar Sayfullin is one of the men reaping the rewards of this evolution. As an official FIFA match agent – one of only two in the UAE – Sayfullin and his company SR9 Management have been increasing their footprint in a booming market.

Many clubs do still choose to go through informal intermediaries but FIFA’s seal of approval has helped Sayfullin grow his business; he has organised UAE training camps and friendly matches for the likes of Borussia Dortmund, Hamburg, and a host of Chinese Super League clubs.

“When I came to UAE, the first football training I organised was for Ukrainian club Dnipro, who played in the 2015 Europa League final. It made me see that there was an appetite for it, particularly from European clubs.

“It is a big logistical undertaking and can involve organisation of camps, matches, tournaments, transfers, training facilities, media, TV. It’s all-encompassing but the clubs and the national teams really appreciate what you do for them.”

Building strong relationships with local stakeholders has always been key for Sayfullin, who has witnessed a dramatic improvement in the sporting facilities on offer in a short space of time.

“Ten years ago when I started the business it was quite hard to get teams here because the facilities were limited and there were only one or two quality, but also expensive, places. The rest were not so good.

“But since then Dubai and Abu Dhabi in particular have invested in some great facilities.

“You have Jebel Ali, which is becoming a world class sport and football destination. They started with two pitches and now they have four with natural grass, as well as two hotels five minutes away. Every year we have at least 2-3 teams, sometimes more, stay there.

“In Abu Dhabi, they have Zayed Sports City, which hosts plenty of FIFA and AFC events. They have eight training pitches around the stadium – again there are lots of great hotels close by. Then there are some new facilities like New York University and Nad Al Sheba, which I also work with very closely.

“Other emirates like Sharjah, Ajman and Ras-al-Khaimah also have decent facilities. Some clubs prefer to stay away from Dubai because of the budget and that continued interest has prompted those emirates to improve their facilities.”

Better pitches and places to train are a key part of the UAE’s attraction but Sayfullin believes it is a triumvirate of factors that appeals to football clubs.

“Facilities is obviously key but I think the weather is perhaps the biggest draw still. Most coaches prefer to have a comfortable climate for the training – usually around 22-25 degrees in the winter. You get that year in, year out in the UAE, while other potential destinations like Turkey and Spain just don’t have the same consistency.

“Also, cities like Dubai and Abu Dhabi are top tourist destinations so you see that players and staff really enjoy their free time – sightseeing and shopping. If the team comes for 10-14 days which Is a regular training camp period, they always have one or two days off so they can enjoy what is on offer.”

As well as training camps, many visiting clubs and international teams want to play friendlies to maintain their match fitness. Cue the FIFA match agent. Sayfullin has arranged plenty of the years and while it’s an extra level of organisation, he has witnessed some memorable occasions.

“Sometimes teams want privacy and to play behind closed doors; some don’t even allow us to announce where they play. But I think, generally clubs like to connect with their fans if they have fans in the UAE.

“It costs from $10,000 to $50,000 to rent a stadium from one of the local clubs, though that includes everything like police, security and ambulance for the match. Yes it’s a bigger workload, but it is great when you give fans the chance to watch their team.

“When Borussia Dortmund were here for example, we arranged a friendly against South Korean champions Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors. I was really proud that Dortmund contacted me and we reached an agreement quickly.

“It was quite last-minute but it was a pleasure to work with such big clubs. The game was shown on local and international TV, tickets were sold and the match was really well attended.”

Sayfullin’s reputation as a FIFA match agent is such that SR9 will be a recommended provider of the AFC for the upcoming Asian Cup in January. And looking ahead, he sees the 2022 World Cup in Qatar as a major business opportunity.

“The AFC will host their pre-tournament meetings in the next few weeks and our company are the preferred agency to arrange camps and friendlies. I’ve been contacted already by several federations and I think over 50% of teams will be coming to the UAE for their camps ahead of the tournament.

“For 2022, I have already received requests too. Looking at the facilities in the neighbours of Qatar, UAE is the absolute top destination.

“Even if the diplomatic stand-off is still in place, I don’t think it’s a big issue logistically. With a stop it is still only a maximum of two-and-a half or three hours flight.

“Teams will be looking for top facilities and we have that in the UAE; I’m sure plenty of countries will be based here before and even during the World Cup and as the UAE’s FIFA match agent, that presents some great opportunities.”

At the moment, SR9’s focus is on the UAE market, as well as Eastern Europe in the summer months. But elsewhere in the region there are some exciting possibilities yet to be explored.

“From this year we will start working in the other Middle East markets, particularly in Qatar considering they are hosting the World Cup.

“It will be very hectic in the UAE in January because of the Asian Cup – most of the facilities will be taken. So I’m looking carefully to see how Qatar develops in terms of facilities and opportunities for hosting matched.

“Saudi Arabia is interesting, too. Saudi clubs love to come to the UAE for training camps and I’ve worked with Al Hilal before. I think it will still be some time before the Kingdom becomes a popular destination for European clubs as the facilities and the restrictions need to improve. But of course, there is potential there and we will keep an eye on developments.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2018, 05:10:38 AM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2018, 06:01:21 AM »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2018, 09:47:24 AM »
stream links please ??..or TV ??..
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2018, 09:47:43 AM »
Really breds?  They would have been able to train on practice fields had there been multiple fixtures?

I don’t see how.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2018, 10:11:09 AM »
http://www.dubaisports.ae/content/dubaisports/livestreaming.html

Thanks stream sticking for allyuh? Mine tends to start stop often and I keep having to refresh
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2018, 10:30:28 AM »
http://www.dubaisports.ae/content/dubaisports/livestreaming.html

Thanks stream sticking for allyuh? Mine tends to start stop often and I keep having to refresh

Has not stuck once for me.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2018, 10:45:29 AM »
Atullah Guerra, 37th minute. UAE 0 - 1 TnT

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2018, 10:48:49 AM »
GOALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!: Ataulla Guerra gives Trinidad and Tobago a 1-0 lead over United Arab Emirates in the 37th minute.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 10:55:07 AM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2018, 10:54:45 AM »
HALF-TIME: Trinidad and Tobago 1-0 United Arab Emirates. Goal by Ataulla Guerra in the 37th minute.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2018, 10:57:36 AM »
to me...this looks like the 11 starters

Marvin

aubrey....curus...bateau...mikel

J Jones..... K George..K Hyland... N Lewis

Tulla
                                                       Shandon

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2018, 10:57:54 AM »
HALF-TIME: Trinidad and Tobago 1-0 United Arab Emirates. Goal by Ataulla Guerra in the 37th minute.

Tallman, is T&T No. 7 on the left wing Nathan Lewis?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2018, 11:00:17 AM »
Ok it is Lewis, just saw Big Mag's post. Having a decent game so far.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2018, 11:22:57 AM »
Nathan Lewis, 58th minute. 2 - 0 TnT.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2018, 11:24:36 AM »
GOALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!: Nathan Lewis gives Trinidad and Tobago a 2-0 lead over United Arab Emirates in the 58th minute. Assist by Joevin Jones
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2018, 11:59:58 AM »
FULL TIME: Trinidad and Tobago 2-0 United Arab Emirates. Goals by Ataulla Guerra in the 37th minute and Nathan Lewis in the 58th minute.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2018, 12:01:12 PM »
Really breds?  They would have been able to train on practice fields had there been multiple fixtures?

I don’t see how.

The crux of Lawrence's comments were focused on the frustration stemming from the logistics around ONE match and perhaps not (at the moment he was speaking) even getting/having the benefit of that match (because his words suggested that it coming off was at risk).

The preparations for a second match would (still) have allowed the coaching staff to observe players (especially players like Guerra who have not been in the recent mix) without the trip being a potential net loss. This is why (for example) teams even opt to play each other more than once within a matter of days (as is happening with Brazil and Mexico currently in the U-20 age group, playing three games).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 12:03:16 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2018, 12:01:56 PM »
Comfortable for the most part, happy for the clean sheet.

The journey now start
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

1]; } ?>