March 28, 2024, 05:26:27 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs United Arab Emirates Game (06-Sept-2018)  (Read 12811 times)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs United Arab Emirates Game (06-Sept-2018)
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2018, 12:03:07 PM »
Good stuff. Congrats to the team and staff.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2018, 12:07:35 PM »
The downside of having one fixture booked ...
Really breds?  They would have been able to train on practice fields had there been multiple fixtures?

I don’t see how.

The crux of Lawrence's comments were focused on the frustration stemming from the logistics around ONE match and perhaps not (at the moment he was speaking) even getting/having the benefit of that match (because his words suggested that it coming off was at risk).

The preparations for a second match would (still) have allowed the coaching staff to observe players (especially players like Guerra who have not been in the recent mix) without the trip being a potential net loss. This is why (for example) teams even opt to play each other more than once within a matter of days (as is happening with Brazil and Mexico currently in the U-20 age group, playing three games).

Also seems like the FA relying heavily on other countries to foot the bill for friendlies as well. One of the bits of info before the match was around the travel which was booked by the UAE FA which caused visa issues for some players due to connecting flights through the USA.

Arab Gulf and Asian FAs may have the resources to do this hence the friendlies this month and the next.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2018, 12:09:30 PM »
The journey always starting
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2018, 12:17:29 PM »
The journey always starting

:rotfl: just like the beatings will continue
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2018, 12:18:05 PM »
Went looking for highlights, knew something was wrong when I see the crowd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qewJ_VXUjg

better

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gVdaribs3P0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gVdaribs3P0</a>
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 03:05:14 PM by Tallman »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2018, 01:12:12 PM »
d new structure seems sound, kinda look like 4-1-4-1 not sure, we seemed to be pressing in central areas and I saw what looked like urgency both in d tackle and d ball movement at times....nice dat we can get some ah dat from pro league players.....ah fair start

I pity the fool....

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2018, 01:18:59 PM »
Went looking for highlights, knew something was wrong when I see the crowd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qewJ_VXUjg

better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVdaribs3P0

good detective work!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2018, 01:22:06 PM »
d new structure seems sound, kinda look like 4-1-4-1 not sure, we seemed to be pressing in central areas and I saw what looked like urgency both in d tackle and d ball movement at times....nice dat we can get some ah dat from pro league players.....ah fair start

It's a start. We want to see progress now leading up to the Gold Cup!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2018, 01:22:46 PM »
ok almost everybody except hodge and Phillips playin outside.......so d intensity wasn't pro league intensity...for d most part :( and d formation was 4-2-3-1 if this continue DJW goh start interfering again :frustrated: but pro league so slow
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 01:26:45 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2018, 03:06:03 PM »
Post match comments from Dennis Lawrence
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/h2-V9nKRRkg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/h2-V9nKRRkg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2018, 03:55:00 PM »
Two good goals. This Nathan Lewis looking promising.  Guerra. What can we say about Atuallah? It would have been nice to have him in the Hex.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2018, 05:08:07 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2018, 05:13:07 PM »
Zaccheroni has work to do after UAE lose to Trinidad and Tobago
By James Jose, Khaleej Times

Alberto Zaccheroni has his task cut out.
It is still early days yet but coach Alberto Zaccheroni has quite a bit of work to do if he hopes to replicate his AFC Asian Cup title triumph, with the UAE on home soil.

The Italian, who masterminded Japan's win in 2011, is at the helm after taking over from Emirati Mahdi Ali last October, and has been given the remit of winning the 17th edition of Asia's biggest football competition on home soil.

The UAE play hosts to the Cup from January 5 to February 1 next year and in the run up to the tournament, the UAE lost to Trinidad and Tobago 2-0 at the Estadio Palamos Costa Brava Stadium in Girona, Spain on Thursday.

It may have been just a football friendly but there were some glaring mistakes, not least a slippery backline as Trinidad and Tobago, ranked 91 to the UAE's 77, more than punched above their weight.

Nathan Lewis provided an assist and scored as Trinidad and Tobago notched their first win against the UAE following a 3-3 stalemate in their only previous meeting in an international friendly in 2013. Ataullah Guerra had given Trindad and Tobago the lead on 37 minutes.

Zaccheroni will also have to address things upfront too with his frontmen Ahmed Khalil and Ali Mabkhout a bit off-colour on the day. Perhaps, the inclusion of a few Olympic team players, who won bronze at the just-concluded Asian Games in Indonesia, for the forthcoming camps in Barcelona from October 6 to 16 and the fourth and fifth camps from November 6 to 20 and December 15 to 31 at home, will help as he will have a bigger pool of players to work with.

The UAE take on Laos in the second international friendly on September 11.

james@khaleejtimes.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2018, 05:26:46 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago, ranked 91 to the UAE's 77, more than punched above their weight

Them doh know we are the "jekyll and hyde" of international football. We have no perception of rankings. It does not matter. On a given day we like teemahwee club playing in the savannah. On the next,  we like the team that play Sweden in 2006.

for the forthcoming camps in Barcelona from October 6 to 16 and the fourth and fifth camps from November 6 to 20 and December 15 to 31 at home, will help as he will have a bigger pool of players to work with.

We lucky if we could get a 5 day practice session

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2018, 06:51:46 PM »
Would've been good if we could've played them twice on this trip, or even scrimmage Girona's reserves.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2018, 07:08:37 PM »
so it was Hodge at left back then ??..i thought was Mikel Williams...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2018, 08:26:57 PM »
so it was Hodge at left back then ??..i thought was Mikel Williams...

Yeh, Mekeil did't get call-up.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2018, 08:45:18 PM »
Thanks for the highlights. From what I saw, we didn't do too bad considering the preparations. UAE didn't look too great either.

Joven looked dangerous. Tulla showed his confidence in his abilities, Cyrus also playing with a lot of confidence. Good start for Lawrence & T&T.

Would like to see the entire game if possible.

We have quite a few decent players all over the place. It's just to put the program together and execute.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2018, 12:47:24 AM »
Lewis inspires Soca Warriors win.
T&T Guardian Reports.

In­dy Eleven mid­field­er Nathan Lewis scored a goal af­ter mak­ing the open­er as T&T So­ca War­riors blanked Unit­ed Arab Emi­rates 2-0 in their in­ter­na­tion­al friend­ly in Girona, Spain, yes­ter­day,

The Arabs were in trou­ble as ear­ly as the sec­ond minute when T&T skip­per Khaleem Hy­land found some free­dom in the area, un­for­tu­nate­ly his shot was on the wrong side of the cross­bar but Charleston Bat­tery' Ataulla Guer­ra, play­ing his first match for T&T in over two years was the epit­o­me of com­po­sure when he fin­ished in style to open the scor­ing in the 37th minute at the end of a classy build up be­tween Lewis and Fin­land-based Shah­don Win­ches­ter.

The speedy Lewis was a thorn in the side of the UAE as he dom­i­nat­ed the left flank for long pe­ri­ods and sub­se­quent­ly came in for some rough play but de­spite con­stant prob­ing from the for­mer Jabloteh winger and Ger­many-based Jo­evin Jones, it re­mained 1-0 T&T at the half.

Jones took over pro­ceed­ings in the sec­ond pe­ri­od as he tor­ment­ed his op­po­nents with deft skill and pen­e­tra­tive pass­es and it was one of those pass­es which opened the door for goal num­ber two.

The Darm­stadt 98 mid­field­er pick up the ball at the half line and just left de­fend­ers in his wake be­fore de­liv­er­ing the per­fect cen­tre for Lewis to neat­ly fin­ish in the 58th minute.

To their cred­it, the UAE then came hard at Den­nis Lawrence’s team with Omar Al­raqi caus­ing some prob­lems in the mid­dle of the pitch but the de­fence in that area was well mar­shalled by Daniel Cyrus and Kevon George.

When they did get through, T&T goal­keep­er Mar­vin Phillip showed his class be­tween the up­rights, deny­ing Al­raqi and Is­mail Al­ham­ma­di who pro­duced cred­i­ble at­tempts.

The 2-0 vic­to­ry makes for an im­pres­sive run for the team since the No­vem­ber 2017 win over the Unit­ed States with three wins, three draws and one loss.

Coach Lawrence was ob­vi­ous­ly pleased with the ef­fort and said: 'I think we did re­al­ly well. I am re­al­ly pleased with the boys. I think every­body knows what we have been through over the last few days and I have to give them full cred­it for their per­for­mance.'

Look­ing at the game the ef­fort they put in and I thought they worked very well as a group and they de­served the vic­to­ry.

'With re­gards to Guer­ra, Lawrence said he thought the USA based play­er played well.'

'I thought Ataulla (Guer­ra) came in and did re­al­ly well. He took his goal re­al­ly well and Nathan Lewis I thought he had an out­stand­ing match to­day (yes­ter­day).

All in all, as a team they all worked to­geth­er and dug in as a team.

In gen­er­al, Lawrence said the match was re­al­ly im­por­tant for the na­tion­al team.

'We spoke about the prepa­ra­tion and they were all an­gry just like I was, so we are very proud with the re­sult and we move on from here now.'

Slo­va­kian-based de­fend­er, 19-year-old Ke­ston Julien was a late in­tro­duc­tion in the match and Lawrence speak­ing of the for­mer Jabloteh play­er said he did a great job.

'We were lead­ing 2-0 and UAE was press­ing and look­ing for a goal, but he came in and did very well, and al­so cre­at­ed a chance where he al­most had an as­sist to make it 3-0.

'All in all, I was very pleased with the to­tal team ef­fort as the boys have shown again they are pre­pared to work hard for T&T.'

Look­ing ahead Lawrence said the fo­cus will now shift to the match against Thai­land on Oc­to­ber 14 in Bangkok, but be­fore that he is ex­pect­ed to have a de­brief­ing about the UAE con­test as well as some dis­cus­sions with the T&T Foot­ball Fed­er­a­tion.

Videos -

Trinidad Tobago vs UAE 2-0 Highlights /friendly match

Dennis Lawrence's post match reactions after 2-0 win over UAE

Teams

Trinidad and Tobago (4-2-3-1): 1.Marvin Phillip (GK); 2.Aubrey David, 4.Sheldon Bateau, 5.Daneil Cyrus, 18.Triston Hodge (6.Keston Julien); 19.Kevan George, 8.Khaleem Hyland (captain); 7.Nathan Lewis (12.Kathon St Hillaire 88), 9.Ataulla Guerra (16.Neveal Hackshaw 67), 3.Joevin Jones (23.Jomal Williams 83); 10.Shahdon Winchester (11.Marcus Joseph 74).

Unused substitutes: 22.Adrian Foncette (GK), 15.Curtis Gonzales, 14.Akeem Humphrey, 13.Duane Muckette.

Coach: Dennis Lawrence

UAE (3-4-3): Khalid Eisa (GK); 20.Mohammed Marzooq (16.Hassan Al Saheh 81), 19.Ismail Ahmed, 6.Mohnad Salem; 2.Mohamed Barghash, 8.Majed Ahmed (25.Ali Salmin 59), 13.Khamis Esmaeel, 21.Mahmoud Al Hammadi; 10.Omar Abdulrahman, 7.Ali Mabkhout, 11.Ahmed Khalil (captain) (15.Ismail Al Hammadi 59).

Unused substitutes: 1.Ali Humaid (GK), 22.Fahad Ahmed (GK), 9.Ahmed Barman, 23.Mohamed Ahmed, 5.Amer Abdulrahman, 26.Bandar Sahmeed, 3.Walid Murad, 4.Khalifa Mubarak, 14.Rayan Mohammed, 17.Fares Hasan.

Coach: Alberto Zaccheroni

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2018, 01:51:44 PM »
New game plan. Get we boys vex..  :devil:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2018, 04:02:26 PM »
WATCH: Post-match comments from Captain Khaleem Hyland

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QjDrGO39k38" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QjDrGO39k38</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2018, 06:30:18 PM »
Good win but tallest not playing a deadly brand like what hart had us playing at our peak

Also where is Cummins? And hyland as capt, hmmmm

I guess Greg can’t get a call up

We need to replace DL and DJW if we are to have any chance of quatar

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2018, 06:53:54 PM »
Still with the Hart talk? Lol.....at least you're consistent ;D
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2018, 07:28:52 PM »
Still with the Hart talk? Lol.....at least you're consistent ;D
so.....how d fat c**t with d pdf doing
I pity the fool....

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2018, 04:24:39 AM »
Good win but tallest not playing a deadly brand like what hart had us playing at our peak

Also where is Cummins? And hyland as capt, hmmmm

I guess Greg can’t get a call up

We need to replace DL and DJW if we are to have any chance of quatar
Nothing wrong with DL in my mind, replace DJW with someone who can give DL full support and freedom of choosing players, then you will see a difference.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2018, 08:26:19 AM »
Nothing wrong with DL in my mind, replace DJW with someone who can give DL full support and freedom of choosing players, then you will see a difference.

I agree, Trini Madness!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2018, 01:58:07 PM »
UAE vs Laos. Just wrapped up 3-0 in favor of the UAE.

Two goals (24' and 26') by Mabkhout (who Marvin denied on a free-kick effort last week) and the third item at 68' courtesy Omar Abdulrahman (the Saudi Arabia-based player highlighted in one of the articles posted above).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 09:02:57 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Footballers show power of unity
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2018, 06:21:39 AM »
By Andre Baptiste (T&T Guardian)

Adversity can either breed success or increase failure!

Life is about challenges and accepting that on occasions, your faith will be tested and your commitment questioned by everyone, including those that closest to you.

In sports, which are a reflection of life, there constantly exists that turmoil of both mind and body.

In Spain over the last week, I witnessed a young group of men representing their country first in all of their actions and the effort that was displayed in some difficult circumstances should not go unnoticed.

Despite the abysmal efforts of the Spanish officials hired by United Arab Emirates management team to ensure that the T&T football contingent received satisfactory arrangements for training (transportation and training), these young men had a smile on their face when they were together.

On the way, to their only training session last Tuesday, the weather changed dramatically in Girona, from sun to rain, then thunder with lighting and finally hail and as the stones from above hit the coach and taxis, everything began to look rather doubtful. The taxi driver, a citizen of Girona, was only shaking his head and constantly making the sign of the cross in this predominantly Catholic state.

Yet still, when the team arrived to train on the grass surface was waterlogged and almost unplayable, the team eagerly ran to the field to practice. Eventually, the authorities at the community ground, fearing for the surface, requested the team to use the artificial surface at the back, which they did. Still, I must add with a smile and energy, not often seen in this country, where many of us complain, once we do not get our own way.

For me, it was that enthusiasm that sent a signal, that this team was bonded as one, it was not only the fact, that they all timely assembled for a traditional walk or the team bus, but it was the indomitable very rarely seen at the national level. Let me rephrase that comment, to say, that "Team building only works when everyone is reading from the same script", and during the brief time in Spain, the players all understood the philosophy of coach Dennis Lawrence and his staff.

Lawrence’s last message, as the players gathered in a circle to say a parting prayer, resonated with me for the entire night, it was one of: "No excuses, despite the problems, despite the difficulties, this was the time to demonstrate the resolve to aim for success and leave everything on the field out there".

This may not have been November 15, 2005 in Bahrain, where the Bahrain officials banished the T&T supporters to an awkward part of the stadium, only for the national team’s management to react angrily to that, and claim, "Bahrain would pay!" which history showed through Dennis "Tallest" Lawrence’s goal that Bahrain ultimately did. But it was clear, Lawrence understood the message he was delivering and his players knew exactly what their coach was demanding.

If one did not know better, it could well be, that there are some in T&T, that want the team to fail, that want to pound their chests and be proud of any disaster or any problem incurred by the team. Football, I hasten to add, is not the only sport that has this, it exists in our society, because everyone likes to be the leader, to have the best ideas and to succeed, forgetting that the legacy should be measured in what is left after them, not what is done by them alone.

Speaking of caps, those players that made their first cap for their country will always remember the occasion, so to watch the joy on Keston Julien’s face or the glint in his eye was worth replaying for all who seek to represent their country with pride, purpose and grace.

If only we could all understand the importance of sports, and its role in building the society and enhancing the quality of life that we all live, and therefore try to contribute positively to its existence and help in its growth.

When the final whistle blew on Thursday night in Barcelona, the agony on the face of the UAE, the 77th ranked team which had been preparing for over six weeks to lose to the 91st ranked T&T was there for all to witness. Their World famous Italian coach Alberto Zaccheroni (AC Milan, Juventus, Lazio and Inter) was visibly upset by the 2-0 loss. However, on the night, Lawrence’s team, ably marshalled by captain Khaleem Hyland were intent on delivering a message to all that could hear, listen and eventually watch.

It is one of "Unity breeds success, unity binds us together and keeps us strong".

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2018, 10:44:49 AM »
By Andre Baptiste (T&T Guardian)

If one did not know better, it could well be, that there are some in T&T, that want the team to fail, that want to pound their chests and be proud of any disaster or any problem incurred by the team. Football, I hasten to add, is not the only sport that has this, it exists in our society, because everyone likes to be the leader, to have the best ideas and to succeed, forgetting that the legacy should be measured in what is left after them, not what is done by them alone.

To whom is he referring? One would think everyone wants the team to succeed.

Surely there is a recognized distinction between supporting the team and questioning or challenging administrative practices or decisions within the federation.

Certainly anyone who wants a NT to fail would be unfit to lead the federation (again).

At the same time, curiously, the last sentence also places the current boss in the dock.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 10:52:11 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2018, 07:14:36 AM »
@assylumseeker, seems like he's referring to Look Loy and/or anyone who dares be critical of the president. Andre's singing for his supper clearly. Can't beleive I wasted 2 minutes of my life reading that drivel.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 10:45:39 AM by Thomo »

1]; } ?>