April 18, 2024, 04:24:12 PM

Author Topic: Joe Public Thread.  (Read 146284 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for Joe Public vs Columbus Crew (21-Oct-2010)
« Reply #1140 on: October 21, 2010, 08:15:59 PM »
me aint even bother watching this shit. JP is a embarrassment.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 21, 2010, 08:17:11 PM »

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 21, 2010, 08:22:46 PM »

:beermug:
But you went on and watched it anyway. :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 21, 2010, 08:38:13 PM »
Fire Derek King  ;D how come nobody calling for his head. Isn't he a disgrace of a coach because he can't get locals to perform to their true potential? how come he get a pass but Latapy have to go?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 22, 2010, 03:46:32 AM »
Fire Derek King  ;D how come nobody calling for his head. Isn't he a disgrace of a coach because he can't get locals to perform to their true potential? how come he get a pass but Latapy have to go?
You for real?? dereck king is JP's coach, and he's not our problem, so who cares except JP supporters!!  latas is we national coach. need i say more!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 01:55:31 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 22, 2010, 04:18:27 AM »
Rentería, Crew surge past Joe Public in CCL finale

Emilio Rentería’s penalty kick in the 50th minute gave visiting Columbus the lead and he added an insurance tally in the 80th as the Crew defeated Joe Public FC of Trinidad 4-1 on Thursday in the final match of group play in the CONCACAF Champions League.

The longest tenured Crew member, midfielder Duncan Oughton, capped the night with a rare goal in the 90th minute.

Columbus (4-2) clinched second and the final quarterfinal spot Tuesday courtesy of Santos Laguna’s win over Municipal. Joe Public had one tie in its first five games and was playing out the schedule.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 22, 2010, 04:28:37 AM »
Aye, aye Zeppo....whey you crawl out from??..... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 22, 2010, 08:31:14 AM »
Columbus too much for Eastern Lions

The Columbus Crew went into Thursday night's fixture with one eye on their upcoming match against the Philadelphia Union Sunday and the other eye on the New York Red Bulls' final match against the New England Revolution, so  it was unsurprising to see a slow start by the Black and Gold. But in the end they were just too much for a helpless Joe Public side.

The island club leaves the competition with just one point out of six matches. The Trinidadian side had no answer for the quality and quantity of the visitors' attacking options, and could have easily conceded two or three more goals.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 22, 2010, 08:51:31 AM »
Wicked backheel for the final goal.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zpLaiz8ZZgs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zpLaiz8ZZgs</a>
- Xavi

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 22, 2010, 11:13:54 AM »
Zeppo is the bearer of bad news. When yuh see him yuh better say "oh, sh*t! This cyah be good"

Come to think ah it. RF does do the same thing

On another note it's ah shame dem Joe Public fellas is the locals we have to feed the National Team with.
How yuh go continuously bring teams to yuh home to embarass yuh ???

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 22, 2010, 02:00:51 PM »
Zeppo is the bearer of bad news. When yuh see him yuh better say "oh, sh*t! This cyah be good"

Come to think ah it. RF does do the same thing

On another note it's ah shame dem Joe Public fellas is the locals we have to feed the National Team with.
How yuh go continuously bring teams to yuh home to embarass yuh ???
Is he a bonified american or ah fresh water wid and axe to grind? it's unimaginable that a white boy would have such low self esteem to come on ah T&T web site to make himself feel good about his teams beating up on ah bunch of hopeless.

this more sounds to me like ah jamaican , or one of them low self esteem caribbeans who's team musta ate much licks from T&T over the yrs and still is.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 22, 2010, 02:23:21 PM »
I guess McComie right... Liek is ah sweat thing.... :devil:
All American

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Joe Public Thread.
« Reply #1152 on: June 30, 2011, 09:11:05 AM »
Warner issue fails to stop Joe Public.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Andre Toussaint is certain that recent developments involving former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner has had little negative impact at the Macoya-based club as they go about their pre-season campaign. The Point Fortin-born forward will lead Joe Public’s attack in the T&T Pro League.

Head coach Rajesh Latchoo has been overseeing the team’s preparations and has been given the thumbs up by Toussaint who is formerly of W Connection and American club Charleston Battery.

Joe Public is the brainchild of Warner and has been handled by the Warner family with son Darryl overseeing the running of the club in his position as managing director.

“We have a young squad and I have a big role to play. We are definitely going all out to bring back some trophies and get back into the CONCACAF Champions League,” Toussaint said.

“The coach is young, he’s good and he knows what he’s about. The players are willing to work for him. The mood is good in the camp.

The situation with Mr Warner has not affected us. The management has told us not to let that bother us. They have assured us that they will take care of things off the field and we should focus on the business on the field,” Toussaint added.

“The head coach has his work planned out and his assistant Dale Saunders is experienced. They both work hand in hand and sometimes when Saunders is around, the head coach can afford to let him run the session and he can look after other things also.”

Toussaint is in the national training squad under Otto Pfister and hopes to impress him sufficiently to keep a spot come game time.

“It’s tough but I’m working hard and I’m hoping to keep my place and also looking to perform well in the League to try and secure a spot,” added the former St Benedict’s College standout.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 09:22:56 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Joe Public FC Thread.
« Reply #1153 on: January 20, 2021, 02:02:17 AM »
Warner: Joe Public FC never wore Adidas.
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday).

FORMER FIFA vice-president and special adviser of the TTFF (now TT Football Association) Jack Warner, has refuted claims made by ex-T&T goalkeeper Shaka Hislop that shirts which were intended for members of the Soca Warriors at the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany were used by players of his domestic club Joe Public.

Hislop, in a video clip on ESPNFC.com, said, “In the World Cup, we (got) sponsored by Adidas. We get there, they tell us we have three shirts, that’s all. In the group stage, we play three games (against Sweden, England and Paraguay). So, the players are like ‘hold on, I want to swap shirts with an opponent and then I wouldn’t have any shirts’. It got into a big heated debate in the team hotel.”

Hislop, a football analyst at ESPNFC, continued, “We are arguing with the administrators and they are bargaining like ‘they only gave us three shirts’. So, we were like ‘what if we got through to the next round?’ (They said they) would have given us more.”

According to the former Newcastle and West Ham goalkeeper, “In the end, we couldn’t get any more. It worked out for me because I only played in the first two games, I kept my shirt from the third.”

However, Hislop pointed out, “For the start of the next domestic season in T&T, Jack Warner sponsored a team called Joe Public. Joe Public played in national team shirts in the league campaign.

“If you played three games, you had to make a choice as to whether you keep the T&T shirt or you swap it with the opponent, only to find out that all the extra shirts were commandeered and used as a club shirt in TT.”

Contacted on Tuesday, Warner said, “Joe Public never even wore an Adidas shirt. (Hislop) wants to bring that after (more than) ten years…I am tired of those guys. In 2021 he remembered Joe Public shirt.

“I have no issue with that, that is a pack of (expletive),” continued Warner. “After 15 years, he now remembered that Joe Public had Adidas jerseys.”

Brent Sancho, who played in all three of T&T’s matches in Germany, said, “It’s well-documented that we had our challenges with the administration.”

Sancho and Hislop were among the group of 13 Soca Warriors players who were successful in their legal matter against the local governing body for unpaid bonuses from the World Cup campaign.

Sancho, the former T&T central defender, said, “I know the staff and the people around the team in the World Cup were excellent. To be honest, I can’t recall that particular situation.

“Shaka was one of the vocal ones, as well as myself, Kelvin Jack and Stern (John). We always tried to fight for what was best for the players.”

The Soca Warriors had three managers during the qualifying stage, as well as their stint in Germany – Bruce Aanansen, Joseph Sam Phillip and the late George Joseph.

Like Sancho, Aanansen was unable to confirm or deny that specific incident.

Aanensen said, “To tell you the numbers of jerseys they got would be difficult for me to recall at this point in time. I didn’t deal with that. There was talk around that jerseys went to Joe Public (but) I have no way of saying if that was so or not so. Sam and George Joseph were the two who handled those things. The fact was the players were not happy with the rumours they were hearing.”

Aanansen continued, “Shaka and them didn’t make a big deal of it because I had always tried to tell them ‘let us focus on the job ahead’ and don’t let all those (stuff) disturb your brain. I’m surprised Shaka raised it now because I wasn’t aware it became an ongoing issue.

“Joe Public used to wear the national colours. To say it was the national shirts he took and gave to Joe Public, I think, would be pushing the envelope a little far.”

When reached on Tuesday, Phillip declined to comment.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Joe Public Thread.
« Reply #1154 on: January 20, 2021, 02:51:07 AM »
 :o

Joe Public FC's Arnold Dwarika vs W Connection.

Warner: Joe Public FC never wore Adidas.
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday).

FORMER FIFA vice-president and special adviser of the TTFF (now TT Football Association) Jack Warner, has refuted claims made by ex-T&T goalkeeper Shaka Hislop that shirts which were intended for members of the Soca Warriors at the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany were used by players of his domestic club Joe Public.

Hislop, in a video clip on ESPNFC.com, said, “In the World Cup, we (got) sponsored by Adidas. We get there, they tell us we have three shirts, that’s all. In the group stage, we play three games (against Sweden, England and Paraguay). So, the players are like ‘hold on, I want to swap shirts with an opponent and then I wouldn’t have any shirts’. It got into a big heated debate in the team hotel.”

Hislop, a football analyst at ESPNFC, continued, “We are arguing with the administrators and they are bargaining like ‘they only gave us three shirts’. So, we were like ‘what if we got through to the next round?’ (They said they) would have given us more.”

According to the former Newcastle and West Ham goalkeeper, “In the end, we couldn’t get any more. It worked out for me because I only played in the first two games, I kept my shirt from the third.”

However, Hislop pointed out, “For the start of the next domestic season in T&T, Jack Warner sponsored a team called Joe Public. Joe Public played in national team shirts in the league campaign.

“If you played three games, you had to make a choice as to whether you keep the T&T shirt or you swap it with the opponent, only to find out that all the extra shirts were commandeered and used as a club shirt in TT.”

Contacted on Tuesday, Warner said, “Joe Public never even wore an Adidas shirt. (Hislop) wants to bring that after (more than) ten years…I am tired of those guys. In 2021 he remembered Joe Public shirt.

“I have no issue with that, that is a pack of (expletive),” continued Warner. “After 15 years, he now remembered that Joe Public had Adidas jerseys.”

Brent Sancho, who played in all three of T&T’s matches in Germany, said, “It’s well-documented that we had our challenges with the administration.”

Sancho and Hislop were among the group of 13 Soca Warriors players who were successful in their legal matter against the local governing body for unpaid bonuses from the World Cup campaign.

Sancho, the former T&T central defender, said, “I know the staff and the people around the team in the World Cup were excellent. To be honest, I can’t recall that particular situation.

“Shaka was one of the vocal ones, as well as myself, Kelvin Jack and Stern (John). We always tried to fight for what was best for the players.”

The Soca Warriors had three managers during the qualifying stage, as well as their stint in Germany – Bruce Aanansen, Joseph Sam Phillip and the late George Joseph.

Like Sancho, Aanansen was unable to confirm or deny that specific incident.

Aanensen said, “To tell you the numbers of jerseys they got would be difficult for me to recall at this point in time. I didn’t deal with that. There was talk around that jerseys went to Joe Public (but) I have no way of saying if that was so or not so. Sam and George Joseph were the two who handled those things. The fact was the players were not happy with the rumours they were hearing.”

Aanansen continued, “Shaka and them didn’t make a big deal of it because I had always tried to tell them ‘let us focus on the job ahead’ and don’t let all those (stuff) disturb your brain. I’m surprised Shaka raised it now because I wasn’t aware it became an ongoing issue.

“Joe Public used to wear the national colours. To say it was the national shirts he took and gave to Joe Public, I think, would be pushing the envelope a little far.”

When reached on Tuesday, Phillip declined to comment.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: January 20, 2021, 05:20:31 AM »
What was the context in which Shaka made the remarks? Dear Newsday editor and Joel Bailey that is glaringly absent from the article.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 20, 2021, 01:11:10 PM »
Juss so?  Whappen, slow bachanal day ? Current situation not enuff ?

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: April 22, 2021, 03:02:02 PM »
Was all this bacannal on this thread ?   :beermug:
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>