March 28, 2024, 05:24:55 AM

Author Topic: John-Paul Rochford Thread  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
John-Paul Rochford Thread
« on: August 01, 2018, 05:20:12 PM »
18-year old midfielder John-Paul Rochford has embarked on a three-week trial with the Club Tigres UANL Academy U-20 Team. Having been suitably impressed with a compilation video as well as performances at the recent Central American and Caribbean Games and the Guadeloupe Six-Nation Tournament, Tigres extended an invitation to Rochford. John-Paul will be in Monterrey, Mexico from August 1st-25th 2018. Club Tigres is a six-time Liga MX Champion and has reached the final of the CONCACAF Champions league on the last two occasions.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John-Paul Rochford Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 06:41:12 PM »
Congrats. Good Luck.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 04:24:06 AM »
 :)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 02:16:17 PM »
18-year old midfielder John-Paul Rochford has embarked on a three-week trial with the Club Tigres UANL Academy U-20 Team. Having been suitably impressed with a compilation video as well as performances at the recent Central American and Caribbean Games and the Guadeloupe Six-Nation Tournament, Tigres extended an invitation to Rochford. John-Paul will be in Monterrey, Mexico from August 1st-25th 2018. Club Tigres is a six-time Liga MX Champion and has reached the final of the CONCACAF Champions league on the last two occasions.

I was impressed with his interview recently. It is always a joy to see intelligent, coherent, and thoughtful responses to interview questions our players face. As SH would say, the most important ting in football is intelligence. For this reason I have hope that he will do well. He seems to understand the moment he is in as a youth with opportunities for him and others if they keep focus and disciplined.

I wish him the best as I do for all our players.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 03:33:58 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago U-20 and former Queens Royal College midfielder John-Paul Rochford has joined the Portland Timbers U18/19 Academy team for the remainder of the 2018/19 season.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 03:41:54 PM »
And will therefore be unavailable to the U20s?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 04:06:52 PM »
And will therefore be unavailable to the U20s?

I have word that he will be playing in the tournament.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 04:39:14 PM »
I thought he is currently on QRC team. I guess wrong.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 06:09:27 PM »
Before there was Portland there was Tigres. Calling management to share.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 06:14:02 PM »
I thought he is currently on QRC team. I guess wrong.

He was.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 06:58:46 AM »
Rochford: Senior football is a big step up.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday).

FORMER national youth footballer John-Paul Rochford, who is currently part of the national senior team training squad, said it is big step from youth level to senior team football.

Rochford spoke to the media following a training session at the Police Barracks Ground in St James, on Friday. A squad of over 35 players recently resumed training with head coach Terry Fenwick after covid19 restrictions were relaxed.

Rochford, 20, said he is glad to return to training after local sports came to a halt in March.

“Even though there were times at home, going out into the field I would have had some taste of football, it was not like how it use to be before – training, playing games, stadiums – now that it is back and everyone is excited, everyone is ready for the upcoming (Ascension) League that they say they are preparing.

We are waiting on our toes and soon as they say it starting back, we ready.”

Rochford, a former top player in the Secondary Schools Football League with Queen’s Royal College (QRC), gave his thoughts on senior level football compared to youth level.

“It is totally different. It is more advanced, it is more complex, the intensity is higher. Stuff that you could get away with at the Under-17 level, the Under-20 level you can’t get away with at the senior level.

You need to be fitter, stronger, faster, you need to think faster. It is a big jump, a big step.”

Rochford, an attacking midfielder, said coming into this training camp he knew what to expect.

“I am grateful that before this time I was introduced to the senior team so I know what was expected so I could prepare for it.

Now that I am here, I will do everything in my power possible to be prepared for anything that comes around, so I will be able to be selected to represent at the senior level.”

More than 15 players on the training squad are aged 22 or younger.

The AC Port of Spain player said this has allowed him to gel with the players.

“It is a very good feeling. I am comfortable,” Rochford said.

The former QRC student said even when there were less youngsters on the squad he was not uncomfortable because everyone shares the same goal. “Even before when it was one or two of the youths (on the squad) I was still comfortable because everyone plays football (and) I know the players. Everyone is there for one purpose – represent the country, to carry the country on our shoulders (and) make the country proud.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 10:49:25 AM »
WATCH: One on one with midfielder John-Paul Rochford as he continues training with the Men's Senior Team

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yIfDoteD6k8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yIfDoteD6k8</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2021, 07:37:39 PM »
21-year old midfielder John-Paul Rochford has signed a 2-year contract with Guatemalan club, Antigua GFC. The club campaigns in the Liga Nacional de Fútbol de Guatemala, which is the highest division of football in the country.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2021, 08:04:26 PM »
Excelente noticia. :applause:  Mekeil Williams' club prior to making the move to MLS.

P.S. What would you have preferred, being selected for the US match or signing this contract?

BOOM!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 08:16:46 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2021, 01:21:17 AM »
. Judah to India Jovan to guatemala next ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2021, 06:47:06 AM »
There's been a coaching change since JP signed. On balance, the sacking aside, there's much more confidence in this coach than the previous coach. The club is in a delicate position. They need to start getting Ws and it's left to see how the change impacts the playing time JP gets. Let's see how it goes.

1]; } ?>