March 28, 2024, 02:25:07 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Thailand Game (14-Oct-2018)  (Read 6216 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for T&T vs Thailand Game (14-Oct-2018)
« on: September 01, 2018, 12:46:04 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Thailand game in Bangkok on the 14th of October 2018 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers:

Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Marvin Phillip (Central FC).

Defenders:

Sheldon Bateau (FC Kairat—Kazakhstan), Daneil Cyrus (Al-Orobah FC—Saudi Arabia), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Aubrey David (Vaasan Palloseura FC—Finland), Alvin Jones (W Connection), Triston Hodge (W Connection), Keston Julien (AS Trencin FC—Slovakia).

Midfielders:

Kevan George (Charlotte Independence—USA), Akeem Humphrey (Club Sando), Khaleem Hyland (Al Faisaly FC—Saudi Arabia), Duane Muckette (Central FC), Leston Paul (Central FC), Nathan Lewis (Indy Eleven FC—USA), Jomal Williams (W Connection).

Forwards:

Shahdon Winchester (SJK Seinajoki—Finland), Ricardo John (Club Deportivo Luis Angel Firpo—El Salvador).

Coach - Dennis Lawrence (TRI).

Thailand Squad

Goalkeepers

To be updated.

Defenders

To be updated.

Midfielders

To be updated.

Forwards

To be updated.

Coach - To be updated.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 08:38:06 PM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for T&T vs Thailand Game (14-Oct-2018)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 12:46:27 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Senior Team to face Thailand on October 14th
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association has secured another International Friendly for the Men’s National Senior Team that falls within an upcoming FIFA window. This time, the Senior Team will travel to Bangkok to face Thailand’s National Senior Team on October 14th, 2018. This fixture follows the September 6th International Friendly against United Arab Emirates in Girona, Spain.

TTFA President David John-Williams spoke on the latest booking, saying it was another worthwhile encounter for this country.

“It is very important that the TTFA maintains playing in the FIFA International Windows for it National Senior Team. Despite the trying times, we have been able to negotiate friendly internationals. The upcoming Thailand game in October gives us the opportunity to play in the far east and we all know that the Asian-Thailand-Chinese market is a growing market so it’s a tremendous opportunity to stamp our name outside there and have some sort of recognition in playing these teams,” John-Williams told TTFA Media.

“Coach Dennis Lawrence I know is excited about that upcoming friendly. It’s a long journey but I think it’s worth the while,” he added.

Head Coach Dennis Lawrence said the fixture falls in line with his preparations for the Senior Team ahead of next year’s CONCACAF Nations League and Gold Cup campaign.

“I’m delighted with the Thailand fixture as I think it gives us another opportunity to test ourselves against a different type of opposition. I think it will be good for the boys and for the team. It also is on track with what we are trying to do in terms of our planning and preparation in terms of how we want to go about getting ready as best as possible for future events . We have now planned our fixture for October and we are already working on the November one,” Lawrence said.

“I’m looking forward to the fixture but I think before we get to the Thailand one, the most important thing is to travel to Spain, get there safely and go in and put in a performance, a performance that will hopefully give us a winning result against the UAE because we need to now step up our preparation and I’m looking forward to both fixtures,” Lawrence stated.

Both countries  have met once before  with Thailand winning 3-2 in a friendly played in Bangkok in 2004.

Thailand are coming off a 2-0 loss to China in June and will face Hong Kong in a friendly three days before meeting this country. They are preparing for Asian Football Federation (AFF) Cup matches in November.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 09:25:32 PM »
Will be interesting to see how many W connection players get selected for the Thailand trip
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 07:52:43 AM »
We football in a mess yes. Dis long clown talking bout in line with preparation. What preparation plan dem have steups. DJW said it all when he said "market". Vene right dey and we doh play dem, even Bolivia, we cud play Canada n all but halfway around d world to play a pointless friendly cuz d market is growing. Smh

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 02:43:02 AM »
Lawrence announces squad to face Thailand. Second friendly booked for Iran in November.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men’s Team head coach Dennis Lawrence today announced a 20-man roster for the October 14th International Friendly against Thailand.

The squad remains basically the same from the one that defeated United Arab Emirates 2-0 last month with Israel-based winger Levi Garcia still missing with injury. Making into the squad is forward Ricardo John. Lawrence also invited three Under 21 players to train with the squad on local soil over the weekend before the team’s departure for Thailand. Those players are Kierron Mason, Judah Garcia and Tyrese Bailey.

The TTFA also announced that a friendly against Iran has be secured to be played in Tehran on November 15th.

Lawrence speaks about Selection for Thailand Friendly

(Trinidad and Tobago Team)

Goalkeepers:

Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Marvin Phillip (Central FC).

Defenders:

Sheldon Bateau (FC Kairat—Kazakhstan), Daneil Cyrus (Al-Orobah FC—Saudi Arabia), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Aubrey David (Vaasan Palloseura FC—Finland), Alvin Jones, Triston Hodge (both W Connection), Keston Julien (AS Trencin FC—Slovakia).

Midfielders:

Kevan George (Charlotte Independence—USA), Akeem Humphrey (Club Sando), Khaleem Hyland (Al Faisaly FC—Saudi Arabia), Duane Muckette, Leston Paul (both Central FC), Ataulla Guerra (Charleston Battery—USA), Joevin Jones (Darmstadt 98—Germany), Nathan Lewis (Indy Eleven FC—USA), Jomal Williams (W Connection).

Forward:

Shahdon Winchester (SJK Seinajoki—Finland), Ricardo John (Club Deportivo Luis Angel Firpo—El Salvador).

Staff:

Dennis Lawrence (head coach), Stuart Charles-Fevrier (assistant coach), Stern John (assistant coach), Ross Russell (goalkeeper coach), Israel Dowlat (doctor), Dave Isaac (medic), Saron Joseph (therapist), Sam Huggins (trainer), Michael Williams (equipment manager), Wayne Cunningham (media officer), Richard Piper (manager).

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 05:32:06 AM »
We wasting time with Marvin Phillip

Like Greg Ramjitsingh have to play for W Connection to make de side.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 11:49:29 AM »
We wasting time with Marvin Phillip

Like Greg Ramjitsingh have to play for W Connection to make de side.
Exactly, either that or they really don't like the man bc he deserves the opportunity to be called up for a friendly.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 08:02:46 PM »
 "Stern John (assistant coach)"

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 09:33:23 PM »
"Stern John (assistant coach)"

Care to elaborate?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Senior Team settle in Bangkok
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 03:28:29 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Senior Team settle in Bangkok
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men’s Team arrived in Bangkok on Wednesday and will have their first training session later today ahead of Sunday’s International Friendly with Thailand.

Head Coach Dennis Lawrence indicated all has been well in the T&T camp since the arrival of the contingent. He also spoke about the absence of German-based Joevin Jones and Ataulla Guerra who will both miss Sunday’s encounter. Jones has cited personal reasons for his withdrawal while Guerra was forced to miss the trip due to a US work permit issue.

Jones in a statement to Lawrence, indicated he was not in the best state of mind at this time.

“I think it’s best for me to take this time to regroup and get back to me where I can be. I will take full responsibility for this last minute decision as much as I really wanted to be part of the team on this trip I hope you can understand where I’m coming from as a player.I’m really sorry but I really need this time… wouldn’t want to come out and disappoint,” Jones stated.

Lawrence commented today, saying “We are going to be short of two players. One of them is Ataulla Guerra for work permit issues. He will not be able to travel out of the US. I think in the end it was the right decision for him not to travel because we couldn’t take the risk for his personal situation. Then we have the situation with Joevin Jones where he at the last minute indicated he could not travel for personal reasons in terms of emotionally, physically and mentally he was not in a right place. He didn’t feel he would be any help to the team and he didn’t want to make the trip,” Lawrence told TTFA Media.

“So as much as I understood him and I will try to support the player to ensure he is back to where he should be, I was really disappointed with the timing of it because he had enough time and he could have allowed us to be informed way in advance before we purchased the ticket. So now we are left short. I am absolutely very disappointed with that but as I said with the group that is here, we are going to press forward and work to suit,” he added.

“Those are two important players for us based on the last game. But then again the positive side is for the ones who are going to get the opportunity to take their place as I said before we are trying to create a competitive group. It is going to be an opportunity for two players to come in and hopefully stake their claim. As much as I can understand Ataulla’s situation as these things do happen, unfortunately for him the Joevin one is a bit different because there was enough time where we could have taken the opportunity to bring another player. In every action there are consequences. We are just awaiting the arrival of three more players before lunch today and then we’ll press on ahead of the game on Sunday,” Lawrence added.

The former Everton coach spoke about the conditions so far in Bangkok, saying that the organizers have been spot on so far.

“I think these Thai people have been very cooperative. They have done everything possible to ensure our trip is successful. They have put everything in place,” he said.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2Aoh7XRpzo0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2Aoh7XRpzo0</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 05:01:53 AM »
link?
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2018, 05:10:50 AM »
Only coverage on i95.5 fm so far

Andre Baptiste and Tony ‘not sure why he there’ Lee
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2018, 05:13:43 AM »
Thailand looking good
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2018, 06:32:58 AM »
thailand jus run right through we.......slow decision making den ball lost
I pity the fool....

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2018, 06:46:56 AM »
thailand nearly score again with d same play....we fullback hadda be real blind or sleeping......and we backing off when we should be pressing or denying space WTF :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
I pity the fool....

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2018, 06:54:32 AM »
Let we see how many W Connection men get contract in Thailand after this
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2018, 06:57:27 AM »
lawd dat fall hope he ok jeezan :o :(
I pity the fool....

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2018, 07:00:35 AM »
went off with ah neck brace fall look real bad
I pity the fool....

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2018, 07:04:49 AM »
backing off, playing slow, no alertness :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
I pity the fool....

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2018, 07:09:50 AM »
That injury looked serious. I hope he is okay.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2018, 07:11:25 AM »

Did any show well?

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2018, 07:19:38 AM »

Did any show well?

outflanked and outpaced for a lot of the game as far as I saw and heard
I pity the fool....

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2018, 07:20:18 AM »
I thought we would have tried to physically impose ourselves on this Thai team much more. Possession was 50-50 but most of our possession was in our own third of the field. Thailand most deservedly won. Not sure if it was the humidity but we played too slow and predictable. They looked tired from early on. In a game like this a Kenwyne Jones type player would have made a massive difference.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2018, 08:31:36 AM »

So how has this team improved since DL taking over at the coaching helm?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2018, 09:43:43 AM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago’s 1-0 loss to Thailand in an International Friendly

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/d80VPGNXros" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/d80VPGNXros</a>

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2018, 01:47:20 PM »
any word on d injured player ???
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2018, 05:33:00 PM »

Akeem Humphrey is fine.

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2018, 05:42:00 PM »

Akeem Humphrey is fine.
Thanks tallman

Sent from my BLU STUDIO C 8+8 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline hg495

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2018, 05:57:34 PM »
Glad Humphrey ok that was scary. True warrior all the best to the youth.
if yuh never get ah buss toe playing small goal den yuh never play football in trini when yuh was small hehehehe

1]; } ?>