April 18, 2024, 04:58:37 AM

Author Topic: Graeme Rodriguez, I had a difficult relationship with Trinidad football  (Read 2359 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Graeme Rodriguez, I had a difficult relationship with Trinidad football
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 07:54:13 PM »

Graeme Rodriguez, left, looks on as Errol Lovell, parries a Fatima attack. Fatima vs John D N. Zone Intercole final (no. 3) at the QPO.

https://vbhoolai.wixsite.com/hail-caribbeansport/graeme-rodriguez-trinidad-football

VB

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 10:05:57 PM »
However, his highest regard goes for the man the called “the Dread Dribbler,” former Mucurapo super star, Ian Clauzelle, of the late seventies.

"I played against Ian Clauzelle for St. Mary’s. I’ve been following the College’s League from 1973 up to last year when I saw Fatima play Mucurapo and Ian Clauzelle is the greatest player I’ve ever seen in my life. A distant second is Garnet Craig. But I’ve never seen a more skillful player than Clauzelle."

The Dread Dribbler. . .T&T was on a football high during those days
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 10:21:32 PM »
However, his highest regard goes for the man the called “the Dread Dribbler,” former Mucurapo super star, Ian Clauzelle, of the late seventies.

"I played against Ian Clauzelle for St. Mary’s. I’ve been following the College’s League from 1973 up to last year when I saw Fatima play Mucurapo and Ian Clauzelle is the greatest player I’ve ever seen in my life. A distant second is Garnet Craig. But I’ve never seen a more skillful player than Clauzelle."

I was a kid back then but in the late 70s and 80s people would speak about that man in hallowed tones. Coops mentioned him on this site I think he played against him. The man became like a myth after the CFL.

VB

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 12:45:09 AM »

I was a kid back then but in the late 70s and 80s people would speak about that man in hallowed tones. Coops mentioned him on this site I think he played against him. The man became like a myth after the CFL.

VB

Euphoric!
Clauzelle would be in his mid 50s now if I'm not mistaken. I think Coops was a generation older
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 04:12:04 PM »
Coops probably played against him in the late 70s, early 80s. I played against Coops when he played for TECSA in 76. I left TT in Jan 77. I think Coops had gone back to DF in the early 80s.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 06:58:31 AM »
Interesting article. I never seen the guy play. But a lot of people spoke highly of him. My cousin who was a tech teacher at Mucurapo Sec. at the time said that he should be on the national team. At least the youth team or a U-23 team. I really don't know what TTFA was up at that time. I saw Craig play 2 games for TT in WC on tv in the US. TT lost both 2-1 and 1-0(I think). Craig was pretty good. He read the game very well. I only seen Geoff Lake in DC playing for Washington Juniors(my old team). He was  damn good too. He did play for The national team a WC game vs Guyana. I knew Nacoo in West Chester PA, coaching with Kendal  Walkes. And he was an excellent field hockey coach.

The part where the first half was 10 mins to long is a friggin joke. How was that a disadvantage to Fatima? But the CFL would do anything to make money. Belmont-Saints intercol in 71 or 72, the game was allegedly played  85 mins instead of 90 mins. A protest was called and the replay was at Sinner Park. That tied. And the 3rd game was at Fatima where Saints crushed Belmont. More money, more money.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 10:28:42 AM by Deeks »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 02:46:36 PM »
Interesting article. I never seen the guy play. But a lot of people spoke highly of him. My cousin who was a tech teacher at Mucurapo Sec. at the time said that he should be on the national team. At least the youth team or a U-23 team. I really don't know what TTFA was up at that time. I saw Craig play 2 games for TT in WC on tv in the US. TT lost both 2-1 and 1-0(I think). Craig was pretty good. He read the game very well. I only seen Geoff Lake in DC playing for Washington Juniors(my old team). He was  damn good too. He did play for The national team a WC game vs Guyana. I knew Nacoo in West Chester PA, coaching with Kendal  Walkes. And he was an excellent field hockey coach.

The part where the first half was 10 mins to long is a friggin joke. How was that a disadvantage to Fatima? But the CFL would do anything to make money. Belmont-Saints intercol in 71 or 72, the game was allegedly played  85 mins instead of 90 mins. A protest was called and the replay was at Sinner Park. That tied. And the 3rd game was at Fatima where Saints crushed Belmont. More money, more money.

Craig scored a blistering goal vs Paulista Corinthians from about at least 30 metres out. PC was Captained by Socrates, it was 1982. I would have loved to see more of him. Deeks I am sorry those games you saw are not available on youtube.

VB

1]; } ?>