March 28, 2024, 06:03:40 PM

Author Topic: Nicklas Frenderup Thread  (Read 14121 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Nicklas Frenderup Thread
« on: October 18, 2018, 03:07:34 PM »
Just saw a Facebook post of a guy named Nicklas Frenderup stating the following.  "Very proud to announce that I am going to represent Trinidad and Tobago national team"

He's a 25 year old goalkeeper coming out of Denmark.  He plays professionally in the second division in Norway and his mother is  a Trinidadian.

He seems pretty confident that he is going to play for TnT. He just got his passport sorted. 

Meanwhile, Greg Ramjitsingh still waiting to be called up.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 01:46:52 PM by Tallman »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Nicklas Frenderup?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 08:23:26 PM »
Just checked him out. He's been pushing the T&T angle for at least three years now, claiming that his agent has been in talks with the TTFA, but who knows? On the other hand, Ranjitsingh should have more than earned a cap by now.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 01:20:55 PM »
Who we have that can do this?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 01:54:17 PM »
DL is not interest in players born outside Trinidad and Tobago  i believe....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 02:42:15 PM »

If you were born outside TT of TT parentage, would You really want to play for TT at this time?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 03:44:56 PM »
Who we have that can do this?

To give added perspective, look at Ranjitsingh's distribution:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GYA7WdHkiYM?start=415" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GYA7WdHkiYM?start=415</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 07:32:13 PM »
Precisely.

If it's done correctly, perhaps the competition for who starts in goal will ramp up. Bring all credible candidates to the table and subject them to independent evaluators.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 08:01:53 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 08:34:43 PM »
wait we have ah keeper dat could link d play and launch attacks, and he cyah even get ah friendly (Ranjitsingh), why we persisting with Marvin Phillips who will save d most unsavable of shots one minute den let in 3 easily savable one at he near post not soon after
I pity the fool....

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 08:47:38 PM »
TM send that to DL, we can't have this talent going to waste.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 05:31:46 AM »
TM send that to DL, we can't have this talent going to waste.

It goh make a difference??   ::) :frustrated: :banginghead:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 08:09:10 AM »
On a serious note I really can't see why this young man would subject himself to such torture playing international football for tnt under this adminstration. Best of luck to him!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2018, 09:10:42 AM »
On a serious note I really can't see why this young man would subject himself to such torture playing international football for tnt under this adminstration. Best of luck to him!

Breds, I say the same thing, but some forumites in dreamland. DJW has to go before proper development of football can begin to take place again.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2018, 01:47:13 PM »
If you want to play international ball and is a choice between TT and nothing... you’ll take your chances.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 10:06:42 AM »
He's born in Denmark and they have a lot of goal keeping talent. So it's TnT or nothing.
What's been done to Ranjitsingh is an injustice. I have heard excuses that they don't get to see many USL many matches but that doesn't fly when Hackshaw, Guerra, Nathan Lewis etc get regular call ups. I suppose because we're brimming with goalkeeping talent we can ignore a quality prospect like Greg. Jan Michael, Marvin Phillip are 34 years old, Adrian Foncette, 30. Ranjitsingh is the right age to start grooming for a significant role on the national team but we'll probably wait until he's looking to commit to Canada (who'll co-host a WC in 8 years) to show interest.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 10:44:53 AM »
He's born in Denmark and they have a lot of goal keeping talent. So it's TnT or nothing.
What's been done to Ranjitsingh is an injustice. I have heard excuses that they don't get to see many USL many matches but that doesn't fly when Hackshaw, Guerra, Nathan Lewis etc get regular call ups. I suppose because we're brimming with goalkeeping talent we can ignore a quality prospect like Greg. Jan Michael, Marvin Phillip are 34 years old, Adrian Foncette, 30. Ranjitsingh is the right age to start grooming for a significant role on the national team but we'll probably wait until he's looking to commit to Canada (who'll co-host a WC in 8 years) to show interest.

That is rubbish, because all USL matches are streamed live on YouTube, and some are televised.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 10:47:11 AM »
Only acceptable excuse I can imagine is that he was trouble behind the scenes. And not no, 'I doh like how he carry heself' shit. Real trouble.

If it eh that, somebody somewhere being harden.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 12:26:23 PM »
Only acceptable excuse I can imagine is that he was trouble behind the scenes. And not no, 'I doh like how he carry heself' shit. Real trouble.

If it eh that, somebody somewhere being harden.

Breds, please explain "trouble behind the scene". I eh get yuh.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 09:19:10 AM »
What really happened with Ranjitsingh in that spell when he was being called up?

any proper insight?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 10:08:44 AM »
What really happened with Ranjitsingh in that spell when he was being called up?

any proper insight?
Yeah, that's essentially what I'm asking. Was his attitude or work ethic considered not right? If so, was this a rational or irrational determination? What was the manifestation of this? Was he quiet and eh talking to nobody? Was he cussing everybody out? Something going left during them call-ups would be the only thing that make sense.

But I also know Trini does get in they feelings fast when somebody from foreign talk/act with confidence or expectations. So all that I wondering.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 10:10:22 AM by Dinner Mints »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 08:38:20 PM »
If my memory serves me correctly, he was called up by Hart once (just before he was released of his duties) and was a backup. Don't think he was ever called since SH left.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2018, 09:40:09 PM »
If my memory serves me correctly, he was called up by Hart once (just before he was released of his duties) and was a backup. Don't think he was ever called since SH left.

I think that is correct. And if my memory serves me right, I thought on one occasion DL said he was monitoring him.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 05:14:11 PM »
Well he get called up for de Iran friendly.

2017/18 Highlights
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/splgDiXsdaM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/splgDiXsdaM</a>
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 06:16:56 PM by Tallman »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2018, 10:35:07 PM »

Not so sure about that...wasn't Lawrence the man who influenced Birchall to play for T&T. Dunno why he would have anything against foreign born
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2018, 09:33:22 PM »
Why not have Nicklaus and ranjitsingh and one local back up keeper?

TT is never short of talent but full of corruption at the admin and selection level

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2018, 09:37:36 PM »

I think that is correct. And if my memory serves me right, I thought on one occasion DL said he was monitoring him.

Hart said he was a quick learner and fit in right away...  but I believe Jan blocked it when he was the keeper and captain and now I have no idea bc unless it’s outright discrimination which I hope it isn’t, then there is no logical reason why he hasn’t been given one match...

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 09:58:20 AM »

Hart said he was a quick learner and fit in right away...  but I believe Jan blocked it when he was the keeper and captain and now I have no idea bc unless it’s outright discrimination which I hope it isn’t, then there is no logical reason why he hasn’t been given one match...

I'd like to think this is just ole talk and rumours

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2018, 02:36:22 PM »

I'd like to think this is just ole talk and rumours

***corrected to avoid misinterpretation***

I wish it was... when the topic of racial discrimination came up as to why Greg wasn’t selected, I said it has a lot to do with Jan and some members blocking his selection, not racial discrimination, Andre Samuel somewhat agreed with this line of reasoning ... please re read old thread to see what I was referring to

So no it wasn’t ole talk ... if there is a better keeper locals protecting their place would block it for self preservation
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 06:19:25 PM by Controversial »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2018, 04:14:25 PM »

I wish it was... when the topic of racial discrimination came up as to why Greg wasn’t selected, I said it has a lot to do with Jan and some members blocking his selection, Andre Samuel somewhat agreed with this line of reasoning ...

So no it wasn’t ole talk ... if there is a better keeper locals protecting their place would block it for self preservation

What are you talking about? I was there when Ramjitsingh was in the squad and he looked pretty decent and i heard that Hart liked him.  I HAVE NEVER suggested anything relating to RACIAL DISCRIMINATION.  What kind of crazy name dropping is this?

What i know for sure is that it is the coach's call which players are selected............NOT A RACIAL PREJUDICE!!

In my opinion, Greg should at least be in our squad, since i dont think that there are 3 keepers locally that are better than him. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 04:16:39 PM by andre samuel »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2018, 06:13:07 PM »

I wish it was... when the topic of racial discrimination came up as to why Greg wasn’t selected, I said it has a lot to do with Jan and some members blocking his selection, Andre Samuel somewhat agreed with this line of reasoning ...

What are you talking about? I was there when Ramjitsingh was in the squad and he looked pretty decent and i heard that Hart liked him.  I HAVE NEVER suggested anything relating to RACIAL DISCRIMINATION.  What kind of crazy name dropping is this?

What i know for sure is that it is the coach's call which players are selected............NOT A RACIAL PREJUDICE!!

In my opinion, Greg should at least be in our squad, since i dont think that there are 3 keepers locally that are better than him. 

Racial discrimination?

Someone proposed that in the old thread and I said no, it has to do with Jan and his place on the team.. if my above post reads otherwise it’s by accident..

I refuted the fact it was racial discrimination and brought up Jan Michael being captain and his influence on that role in the team...
Read my post again, I never said you stated it was racial discrimination, I was referring to the thread mentioning it and myself speaking about Jan....

You misread what I said
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 06:15:57 PM by Controversial »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2018, 06:45:35 PM »
LOL the first 2 minutes of Nicklas highlights video is him launching attacks, i mean, don't get me wrong if he's John Bostock and a keeper rolled in one that's cool, but maybe I am slightly more interested in whether or not he blockin every shot from easy to difficult. Two most important minutes of his highlight video he showin off his passin ability. Wdmc.

Regardless, Greg deserved a call up before him. He seems a better keeper, i've seen a way greater volume of him consistently playing well and he's been, as far as i know, knocking at the door for longer.

Ranjitsingh will get called up by Canada sooner or later I believe. Unless, there is something going on behind the scenes then I cannot help but feel that Dennis is f**kin up. I've always supported Dennis as a player, which reached fever pitch before he scored the winner in Bahrain, it was that solo goal against Panama, but I cannot say i've been a fan of his coaching. I've tried to be supportive, but there's a lot of mystery decisions and not enough positive results in spite.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>