March 28, 2024, 12:22:35 PM

Author Topic: Nicklas Frenderup Thread  (Read 14117 times)

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Nicklas Frenderup?
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2018, 02:01:37 PM »
I don't think the TTFA cares about a goalkeeper playing in the USL to be honest.

I don't think the care about the USL. Realistically USL is probably at the same level as pro league in terms of quality? So they may be seeing it as a like for like switch for a local goalkeeper.

I think Nicklas has the added benefit of a european passport which would allow him to move to a better euro club once he is performing at the level required. That is probably why they keeping him close. His future could be boundless in terms of transfer.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2018, 03:42:26 PM »
I don't think the TTFA cares about a goalkeeper playing in the USL to be honest.

I don't think the care about the USL. Realistically USL is probably at the same level as pro league in terms of quality? So they may be seeing it as a like for like switch for a local goalkeeper.

I think Nicklas has the added benefit of a european passport which would allow him to move to a better euro club once he is performing at the level required. That is probably why they keeping him close. His future could be boundless in terms of transfer.
No. The USL is a higher standard, the environment is competitive and the resources available to players will help them excel.
We even have a few players on our squad that plays in the USL. What about our striker who plays for a community college?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 03:44:20 PM by soccerman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2018, 03:43:26 PM »
Realistically USL is probably at the same level as pro league in terms of quality? So they may be seeing it as a like for like switch for a local goalkeeper.

You really think so? And we have some much players playing there who does get pick?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2018, 04:12:31 PM »
Madness! USL players are professionals plying their trade in a professional environment
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2018, 04:18:12 PM »
Realistically USL is probably at the same level as pro league in terms of quality? So they may be seeing it as a like for like switch for a local goalkeeper.

You really think so? And we have some much players playing there who does get pick?

By that I mean, they don't seem to struggle to make the "step up" etc. They seem to just ease right into it. So I'm guessing that it's similar to what they are accustomed to.

Yeah but that is still outfield players from Trinidad. Is not like TTFA scouting the USL in search of players with Trini heritage like they do in Europe etc.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 04:39:43 PM by congo »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2018, 04:23:41 PM »
Madness! USL players are professionals plying their trade in a professional environment

What does that have to do with quality of the football? Professionalism has more to do with the overall country's business profile(employment law etc) than specific sport/league. I'm sure that due to the quality of life, cost of living, professional expertise available etc that most professional sports in the USA would be professionally run. That doesn't mean that the quality of the ball being played will be superior.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 04:39:17 PM by congo »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2018, 04:47:58 PM »

By that I mean, they don't seem to struggle to make the "step up" etc. They seem to just ease right into it. So I'm guessing that it's similar to what they are accustomed to.

Yeah but that is still outfield players from Trinidad. Is not like TTFA scouting the USL in search of players with Trini heritage like they do in Europe etc.

I could agree with this somewhat. One could argue that it's only the top pro league players going over to that league and making it
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2018, 08:26:04 AM »

It's not that the USL is similar but that it allows players to transition into on-field and off-field structure in a less demanding way than say would be the case if they were playing in the Mexican second tier. In my view, it wouldn't be useful to compare another second tier within CONCACAF or CONMEBOL.

While the USL would be a suitable first foreign destination for some of our U-20 and U-23 players, it oftentimes is the place where some of our players have arrived after other journeys. Also, moving from one team in the USL to another is not a straightforward proposition for some of our players because there are lots of meat and potato type players who eliminate the need to invest an international spot on our yam and eddoes player. Good destination for a green card holder.

At times, play in the USL looks basic but it probably has more diversity in sophistication than the TTPL where surprises in preparation are few. Some of our coaches could coach in the USL, not all. And probably no better than 40% of TT Pro League players would merit a look if they were not visa hurdles etc.

There should be pre-season warm ups between TTPL and USL teams.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 08:29:27 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2018, 05:11:06 PM »
There should be pre-season warm ups between TTPL and USL teams.

I would agree with that whole heartedly. Or have our U-23 have games against USL teams if that can be arranged.

To say that the TTPL is on par with the USL maybe stretching it a bit. The USL is a better organized and sustainable entity. They don't depend on subventions from state or county governments. But I do know they get tax breaks  from city or county to build their facilities. They have better facilities and in most cases better coaching. Not knocking TT coaches. Like asylum said, some of our coaches could coach in the USL. I agree.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Nicklas Frenderup Thread
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2018, 01:47:14 PM »
"They have two goalkeepers who play in the league in Trinidad, which is also full-time professionals. It's not because they are bad, but I think I'm a better and more modern goalkeeper.
https://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/frenderup-droemmer-om-trinidad-fremtid/

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2018, 03:03:01 PM »
"They have two goalkeepers who play in the league in Trinidad, which is also full-time professionals. It's not because they are bad, but I think I'm a better and more modern goalkeeper.

Goes right to the heart of what I think Jefferz minimized in his comment. There is ample video documentation of Frenderup blocking shots and denying goals, but the ability to generate attacks quickly and with pinpoint accuracy is not universal. Of course, "modern" means several things, not one thing. Expanded technical ability with one's feet is an element of "modern" and we have evidence regarding both JMW and MP that have exposed their vulnerabilities in that area. I can't speak as definitively about AF but I haven't seen anything that suggests he is distinguished in this regard.

As I wrote yesterday, confidence is anathema to Trinis. Let's see how the sword treats NF after this comment. Bring him back, bring GR and let the competition begin. All good NT programs need GKs who are battling for selection. At one point in time, Sergio Romero had Juan Pablo Carizzo. We have an opportunity to get this right and if we get this right, we attract the others who are contenders.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 03:10:31 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2018, 04:14:50 PM »

Goes right to the heart of what I think Jefferz minimized in his comment. There is ample video documentation of Frenderup blocking shots and denying goals, but the ability to generate attacks quickly and with pinpoint accuracy is not universal. Of course, "modern" means several things, not one thing. Expanded technical ability with one's feet is an element of "modern" and we have evidence regarding both JMW and MP that have exposed their vulnerabilities in that area. I can't speak as definitively about AF but I haven't seen anything that suggests he is distinguished in this regard.

As I wrote yesterday, confidence is anathema to Trinis. Let's see how the sword treats NF after this comment. Bring him back, bring GR and let the competition begin. All good NT programs need GKs who are battling for selection. At one point in time, Sergio Romero had Juan Pablo Carizzo. We have an opportunity to get this right and if we get this right, we attract the others who are contenders.

Well said Seeker. Well said.

Not sure what he meant by modern . . . but my defences went up a bit . . .however because I didn't quite know how he meant it and that English wasn't his first language I thought I'd wait for clarification.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2018, 06:04:59 PM »

Not sure what he meant by modern . . . but my defences went up a bit . . .however because I didn't quite know how he meant it and that English wasn't his first language I thought I'd wait for clarification.

The term "modern goalkeeper" is essentially a term of art. It is not used only by NF or an indication of his English. It has been in currency for several years.

Example:
here.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2018, 06:39:40 PM »

The term "modern goalkeeper" is essentially a term of art. It is not used only by NF or an indication of his English. It has been in currency for several years.

Example:
here.

Oh okay, it is a technical term fully defined in context of foot work and so on.

Thanks for the clarification.  Now I can assess his statements better.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2018, 06:58:45 PM »
Which is one reason why I posted that Twitter video of him distributing the ball ... using the technique he used. If one looks at that clip carefully, you will realize it is essentially a set play and pattern of play in use by his team because of his attributes. It is not a one-off. There is an extended compilation of him doing the same thing in other matches to establish his prowess.

Some years back I posted about  Lutz Pfannenstiel and his experience when he went to Brazil and was benched because he couldn't distribute the ball using that technique. Said he worked his arse off to get that down. Google Lutz.

Keeper Pfannenstiel backs up Goddard at Whitecaps

German goalkeeper Lutz Pfannenstiel has been acquired by the Vancouver Whitecaps to back up Tobago born Richard Goddard between the sticks. From the Vancouver Sun:

Keeper goes global
Pfannenstiel crosses four continents to end up with Whitecaps
By: Dan Stinson

His new teammates might have thought they had it tough when they played six straight road games over 20 days in late June and the first two weeks of July. But that would rate as only a minor inconvenience in the nomadic career of Lutz Pfannenstiel, the latest and most widely travelled goalkeeper signed by the Vancouver Whitecaps.

Four continents, 19 teams, and more than 270 games of globe trotting preceded Pfannenstiel's July 3 agreement to ink a contract with the defending United Soccer Leagues First Division champions, who have struggled on the road but now have eight of their remaining nine regular-season games at Burnaby's Swangard Stadium.

"My early impressions are the talent in the squad is good," Pfannenstiel said Tuesday as the Caps prepared for a Friday home game against the Seattle Sounders following a marathon journey to the U.S. southeast and northwest that resulted in one win, two losses and three ties. "Travelling for long periods is hard on any soccer team, but I've seen enough of the Whitecaps to know that we can turn our recent struggles into positive results. The challenge is to make the most of these home games on the schedule."

A 34-year-old native of Zwiesel, Germany, Pfannenstiel was signed by the Caps following the departure of regular starting 'keeper Tony Caig on June 20 for what the club described as "personal reasons." Acquired as Richard Goddard's back-up, Pfannenstiel made a promising debut by posting a shutout in the Caps' 0-0 tie with the expansion Carolina RailHawks on July 3. But he also saw playing time in a 2-1 home-field loss to Miami FC on July 14 and in a 2-1 loss to the host Portland Timbers on July 19.

Pfannenstiel's pro career started in 1989, at age 16, with FC Bad Kotzting of Germany's Bavarian Oberliga. He was good enough to earn a transfer to famed German powerhouse Bayern Munich and had early dreams of remaining with the multiple Bundesliga champions. But Pfannenstiel soon realized his chances for regular first-team playing time with Bayern were very limited behind legendary starter Oliver Kahn.

Pfannenstiel's subsequent travels included stints with club sides in England, South Africa, Singapore, Belgium, New Zealand, Canada, Norway and Finland either as an under-contract or loan player. His longest time with a team was with Finnish Premier League side TPV Tampere from 1993 to '95, and one of his shorter stints was with the Calgary Mustangs. He played one season with the Mustangs, in 2004, before the franchise folded.

"I knew about Lutz when he played in Calgary," said Caps head coach Bob Lilley. "He had a reputation as a good shot stopper and became a good option for us after we lost Tony Caig."

Lilley hasn't decided whether Goddard, a Trinidad and Tobago native, or Pfannenstiel will start against Seattle as the Caps aim to snap a four-game losing streak. But the man between the posts better be sharp. Regular starting centre backs Steve Klein (hamstring) and Adrian Cann (foot) were nursing injuries Tuesday and are likely to sit.

A definite injury scratch is productive striker Eddy Sebrango, who has scored a team-leading seven goals. Sebrango underwent surgery on his left foot last Thursday and is expected to be sidelined until late August.

TnT in Germany RSS feed

Just stumbled on this as I was trying to arrange the German football thread. Lutz is now an EXCEPTIONAL goalkeeper coach and just as good as a storyteller. He's played professionally in every confederation.

One of the experiences he shared was about the idea that Brazil did not produce good goalkeepers. Said when he went to Brazil to play, the technical training was eye-opening; more advanced/expansive than he had experienced in Europe. Said it called for an expanded range of motion.

There was a technique he couldn't perform (but which the Brazilian goalies were masters of effortlessly in distribution) and the coach told him he couldn't start unless he mastered it. Will have to check what it was, but if memory serves correctly ... it was about the difference in the way European goalies typically approached kicking "straight-on" rather than "side-on".

Serious guy, he doh hold no punches. But also light-hearted too.

Richard G, share something nah.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 07:04:04 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2018, 11:35:44 PM »
These days goalkeepers technique has to be on par with all (field) players. More and more clubs are requiring goal keepers to more than just capable of making saves but actually but actually being able to distribute with their feet. Pep got rid of Hart because he wasn't as good as he liked with the ball at his feet. Barca has Ter Stegen, one can make the argument that he's not considered a great gk worthy of starting for a top club like that but his distribution ability is outstanding.

Also in "modern" football communication by GK's is a key factor as it's a proactive and preventative measure. Is the communication clear, is it concise more imprtantly is it correct.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 11:50:54 PM by soccerman »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2018, 12:28:45 AM »
These days goalkeepers technique has to be on par with all (field) players. More and more clubs are requiring goal keepers to more than just capable of making saves but actually but actually being able to distribute with their feet. Pep got rid of Hart because he wasn't as good as he liked with the ball at his feet. Barca has Ter Stegen, one can make the argument that he's not considered a great gk worthy of starting for a top club like that but his distribution ability is outstanding.

Also in "modern" football communication by GK's is a key factor as it's a proactive and preventative measure. Is the communication clear, is it concise more imprtantly is it correct.
:thumbsup:

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2018, 06:23:33 AM »
Kinda hard to decipher what was actually said Vs what was actually meant considering the language difference/barrier Vs what the reporter reported/interpreted Vs Google translate.
Either way he and RanjitSingh are the best options going forward.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2019, 06:12:55 PM »
Danish-born goalkeeper Nicklas Frenderup has signed with Danish 1st Division club, HB Køge (former club of Radanfah Abu Bakr).

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2019, 06:30:11 PM »
WATCH: Frenderup aims high for T&T, a chat with Shaun Fuentes

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rFUAlyKKxEw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rFUAlyKKxEw</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2019, 06:16:19 PM »
Needs to be called up again

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2020, 03:27:56 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of goalkeeper Nicklas Frenderup during the first 10 match days of the 2020 Norwegian First Division season.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cFhec5gm21M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cFhec5gm21M</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2020, 04:45:52 PM »
WATCH: Eurosport football pundits have declared Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeper Nicklas Frenderup to be the best goalkeeper in the Norwegian First Division

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/stIBX-vW7po" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/stIBX-vW7po</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2020, 06:09:57 PM »
:liar:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2020, 08:26:30 PM »
WATCH: Currently rated as one of the top performing goalkeepers in the Norwegian First Division, Danish-born goalkeeper Nicklas Frenderup says that he is patiently waiting on the chance to represent Trinidad and Tobago again in the coming months.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/63f6p2hzz8U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/63f6p2hzz8U</a>

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2020, 11:40:35 AM »
Nice

Hopefully he's seriously considered going forward.

Seems like they're dropping the ball on Ranjitsingh
and I can't see the current Minnesota GK switching allegiance from Canada to TT yet especially since he recently got a good run of games due to the injury of the #1 GK

Who else is in our GK pool for the seniors other than -  Foncette & M. Phillip ?
Marchan?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2021, 03:34:01 PM »
WATCH: Goalkeeper Nicklas Frenderup shares his thoughts ahead of our opening 2022 World Cup qualifier against Guyana

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5ex4Dzy3M-E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5ex4Dzy3M-E</a>

Philip, Frenderup stress on positive result against Guyana.
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian).

Goalkeepers Marvin Phillip and Nicklas Frenderup are stressing the need for a positive result for T&T when the Soca Warriors face Guyana in their opening World Cup Qualifying game on Thursday at 7 pm in the Dominican Republic.

Both men are expecting a difficult contest, however, Phillip said on Monday that once the players can settle down and focus on the game the team should get the result it needs. The Guyanese, like T&T, have not had the type of preparation they were hoping for.

They have recruited the services of Brazilian coach Marcio Maximo and like T&T, they have been unable to move to full-strength as quite a few players are unable to make it back for the match.

Phillip said "I think this campaign is very important so we need to get settled and get our minds on the game. We're looking forward to a positive start, so as I said we need to focus and let the ball do the work.

The last time the two teams met on the field, the game ended in a 1-1 tied with T&T having to come from behind with a Kevin Molino strike in the CONCACAF Gold Cup. Phillip said we are going to face a tough match but believes T&T will emerge as the winner.

Frenderup, on the other hand, has said he is happy to have been recalled to the team and wants to do his best to get the required result.

Both teams are playing out of Group F alongside Bahamas, St Kitts/Nevis and Puerto Rico. Only the winner of the group will earn the right to advance to a play-off with the winner of Group A which comprises El Salvador, Antigua and Barbuda, Grenada, Montserrat, and the US Virgin Islands.

Apart from Frenderup, the Danish-born who plays for club Stjordals-Blink in Norway, the T&T team was on Sunday boosted by the inclusion of defensive midfielder Khaleem Hyland (Club Al-Batin in the Saudi Arabian League), defender Aubrey David who plays for Deportivo Saprissa in the Costa Rican Primera Division.

Watch Matchday - 3 with Nicklas Frenderup

Watch Matchday - 3 Marvin Phillip looks ahead to opening WCQ

Watch Kelvin Jack on the Job

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 06:57:28 PM by Flex »

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2021, 02:17:18 AM »
Do us all a favour Terry mate. Start Frenderup in goal and not Phillips or Forncette please.
Cheers🙏🏾🙏🏾

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2021, 03:23:46 PM »
The difference between winning and losing more than often falls to the capability of your shot stoppers, but somehow knowing us as a people I believe we will go with what we know instead of taking a chance on something new, even though marvin and foncette didn’t play a lick of competitive football all season long.

If this guy is as good as they claim then it’s only a matter of time before Denmark come calling if terry don't cap this bloke. one of the reasons why I turned on dennis is because when he had the perfect opportunity to cap ranjitsingh having nothing to play for but pride in the last gold cup, he chose foncette, what a dumb spiteful coach he was.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2021, 03:26:02 PM »
Nah mate, he’s gonna go with Leakey fingers marvin, a man who has never kept a clean sheet in international competitive games, ever, nor did he kick a ball all season. I could only hope that I am wrong in this regard.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 03:27:52 PM by pull stones »

1]; } ?>