March 28, 2024, 09:57:49 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Wales Game (20-Mar-2019)  (Read 19843 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Wales Game (20-Mar-2019)
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2019, 05:54:02 AM »
I guess it wasn't convenient for the TTFA to state who is in the provisional squad.

Updates?

The training pics are not all that clear, but I can make out:
Adrian Foncette
Marvin Phillip
Alvin Jones
Nathan Lewis
Ataulla Guerra
Shahdon Winchester
Jomal Williams
Curtis Gonzales
Radanfah Abu Bakr
Sean de Silva
Carlyle Mitchell
Tyrone Charles
Kadeem Corbin
Mark Ramdeen
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2019, 06:59:43 PM »
WATCH: Men's Senior Team Head Coach Dennis Lawrence speaks to the Media after the first week of preparations ahead of the Friendly against Wales on March 20th.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ucDqYqrqZDY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ucDqYqrqZDY</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2019, 05:57:47 AM »
This match is SOLD OUT.

Could the TTFA comment on how many tickets were allocated to visiting fans?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2019, 09:12:09 AM »
This match is SOLD OUT.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2019, 03:13:36 PM »
I guess it wasn't convenient for the TTFA to state who is in the provisional squad.

Updates?

The training pics are not all that clear, but I can make out:
Adrian Foncette
Marvin Phillip
Alvin Jones
Nathan Lewis
Ataulla Guerra
Shahdon Winchester
Jomal Williams
Curtis Gonzales
Radanfah Abu Bakr
Sean de Silva
Carlyle Mitchell
Tyrone Charles
Kadeem Corbin
Mark Ramdeen

Glad to see Mark Ramdeen they, he have nuff skills. Noah Powder, John-Paul Rochford and Luke Singh should get a call up too.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2019, 07:10:24 AM »
Another week and Joevin not among the starting XI? Things already a lil challenging in the fitness department going into this friendly. We cyah afford fewer match sharp players.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2019, 01:39:46 AM »
George: Lawrence challenges us to dig deep for country.
TTFA Media.

As this country’s Senior Footballers get ready to resume preparations on Ash Wednesday for their upcoming international friendly away to Wales later this month, US-based midfielder Kevan George is backing head coach Dennis Lawrence to continue challenging the squad to bring on their best game for the Red,White and Black in 2019.

George is into his fourth week of preseason training with USL club Charlotte Independence and is eagerly awaiting a confirmation of selection for the Wales encounter as Lawrence enters his third week of preparations with a group of home and overseas-based players who are in off season at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

According to George, Lawrence has been able to challenge the players to dig deeper in an effort to bring their best when representing the country.

“We are just going to keep pushing in the right direction. Dennis Lawrence signing a contract extension, it’s great for him, great for the team. He does a good job of blending in the younger talent with the more experienced guys and keep every one accountable. He’s very good at challenging us,” George told TTFA Media.

“No one is comfortable coming in thinking ‘yea I’m going to start this game’. He’s very good at challenging the players tactically and mentally. He puts us into situations where we have to go against the grain to get points. One of his mantras is if we don’t have a chance to win the game, then we don’t lose the game and that resolve that he’s brought into the camp, everyone has responded positively to that.  It’s fantastic news to hear that he has renewed his contract going into Gold Cup As a team everyone will be gearing up, putting in the extra work in preseason and the start of the season to be ready for selection.

George, a former Columbus Crew player, described the Wales fixture as a “mammoth one to start 2019.”

“The game against Wales will be a fantastic test for us. It will be a great confidence booster for us in terms of preparations, playing against world class talent in a highly ranked team in Wales with very good players and household names, Securing this friendly for us in a huge year like this with the 2019 Gold Cup is a mammoth way to start things off,” George said.

He reflected on the past few international assignments and training camps.

“There’s been gradual growth in the national team set up with the level of games we have been securing recently, playing the likes of Thailand, Iran, those are quality opponents. And now to get Wales. It will be tall order for us but we are up for the challenge. Our coach is behind us and we trust in him. He trusts us as players so we just have to go out and get the job done.

“I do not take any call up or selection to the national team lightly. There is so much talent there in our country both local and foreign. To be in the pool for selection is another good step and I’m just waiting to get the manager’s call. I’m just ready to get 2019 on the road because we expect a lot of ourselves. We really want to put a consistent product on the field that Trinidad and Tobago will be proud of. We want to put out a product that will be attractive with high intensity and energy, something entertaining for the fans but sticking to the principles of Dennis Lawrence,” George continued.

As Charlotte pushes on with their preseason preparations, George spoke about being able to balance both club and country duties.

“Preseason has been a lot of hard work at high, high intensity and high quality levels in the four weeks. We’re just not going through the motions It has been going very good for me. The new coach is pushing us beyond our boundaries in every way.

“I’m learning a lot more in every aspect of my game and pushing myself to be better. As you go through your years in soccer, you find little ways that you can not necessarily change your game, but adapt to adapt to new things and trends of the game. It’s more about being able to adapt to different philosophies and new systems under new coaches and how it would benefit me going into the national team’s philosophy,” George said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2019, 06:57:57 PM »
Lawrence concerned about fitness; only seven Soca Warriors active with Wales looming.
By Amiel Mohammed (Wired868).

Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team head coach Dennis Lawrence admitted to concerns about match fitness, as he prepares to selects his final squad to face Wales in a friendly international on 20 March in Wrexham.

Lawrence, whose contract was recently extended to mid-2021, identified the fitness—or lack there of—of his players as his major worry leading into the high profile encounter. Wales currently sit 74 places above the Soca Warriors outfit in the FIFA ranking and boast household names like Real Madrid star Gareth Bale and Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey in their ranks.

“I think we all understand how difficult it is because we have been out for a long period of time without any competitive games,” Lawrence told the media. “So the idea was to try and start a training programme as quick as possible to try and get them up to any level.

“The emphasis over the last week has been to get them some sort of fitness…. so we are still a little bit in the volume stage but we have to get them integrated with the football as quick as possible; because we are going to play against players that have had twenty five games in the English Premier League plus.

“It’s not going to be easy.”

Lawrence said the players who are in active competition at the moment would be the first names in the squad for the upcoming affair. But that list is not as extensive as it was when he was a player.

“[Players in season] are going to be one of the main contributors in the squad selection,” said Lawrence. “I don’t think we got too many who are in season and I think, if we take away the boys who are in Saudi Arabia, [we have] Joevin [Jones] who is involved in Germany [and] Levi [Garcia] who is in Israel.

“Apart from that I think everyone else is in pre-season [or] off season.”

From the 21-man squad that lost 1-0 to Iran in the friendly on 15 November, only Daneil Cyrus, Lester Peltier (both Al-Orobah FC—Saudi Arabia), Aubrey David (Deportivo Saprissa—Costa Rica), Khaleem Hyland (Al Faisaly FC—Saudi Arabia) and Joevin Jones (Darmstadt 98—Germany) are active at the moment. Keston Julien has not played for Slovakian club AS Trencin FC in 2019 while uncapped goalkeeper Nicklas Frenderup only recently joined HB Koge in Denmark.

Police FC goalkeeper Adrian Foncette admitted that trying to regain the required fitness level for the game has been difficult.

“It’s been rough for the first few days but we getting into the groove of things,” said Foncette. “It’s really important to have games like this leading up to the Gold Cup. It’s one of the biggest tournaments that we in the Caribbean here play in outside of the World Cup.”

And while they may not be spending happy time on the savannah grass during the Carnival season, Foncette believes it’s worth the sacrifice in the long run.

“It’s always a bit tough [training through Carnival] but I think that we have a common goal, which is first off the Wales game and then the bigger picture which is the Gold Cup in June,” he said. “So as hard as it might be—yeah we are home and around everything that is going on right now—but we just need to buckle down.”

Lawrence spoke of his pleasure at his contract renewal, which he felt maintains continuity as the Warriors go into the second phase of his two tier plan of progression and development. The 2022 Qatar World Cup is the ultimate goal.

United States-based attacking midfielder Ataulla Guerra, who returned to the team last September after a three-year absence, is happy with his part in the current set up.

“Preparation wise, we have been working hard, very hard,” said Guerra. “The coach has a certain philosophy that he wants us to work on and we have been trying hard to get that in our game and try to work on our defensive game.

“We have been trying to keep the ball a lot and put that into our game. They let me play my football, give me an opportunity to play forward and don’t try to stifle my game in any aspect.

“If I can go forward, he gives me the privilege to go and to come back and help the defence. It’s a free role and I enjoy playing that football for coach Lawrence and [Charleston Battery] coach Michael Anhaeuser.”

Guerra expects an intense test in Wales.

“[It] is a big challenge for us like the Iran game,” he said. “It’s a team that we expect to be very physical and [play] a high intensity, fast paced football game. We need to get a result.”

Lawrence said he will select his final squad closer to 20 March.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2019, 07:34:11 AM »
Gareth Bale: Real Madrid forward injured in Champions League defeat

Gareth Bale scored twice in last season's Champions League final against Liverpool
Gareth Bale could be set for another period on the sidelines after suffering an ankle injury as Real Madrid lost at the Champions League last-16 stage to Ajax.

Jeered by home fans in the weekend defeat by Barcelona, the Wales forward came on as a 29th-minute substitute following an injury to Lucas Vazquez.

Bale almost had an instant impact as his shot struck the post, but ended the 4-1 defeat hobbling around the pitch.

The extent of the injury is not known.

Wales have a friendly against Trinidad & Tobago on 20 March, four days before beginning their Euro 2020 qualifying campaign at home to Slovakia in Cardiff.

The former Tottenham player joined the action - with his side already two goals down on the night - to a less hostile reception than he received from Real fans on Saturday, which his agent described as "nothing short of a disgrace".

He was unable to inspire his side to a comeback on Tuesday, however, with Santiago Solari's side's sole focus now on La Liga - in which they sit 12 points adrift of leaders Barcelona.

His future at the Bernabeu appears increasingly uncertain.

Bale was out for three weeks in January with a calf injury.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Senior Team preparations continue… Abu Bakr looks ahead to Wales encounter
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior men’s team payers were back on the training pitch on Ash Wednesday ahead of the March 20th International friendly against Wales at the Racecourse Ground in Wrexham.

Head Coach Dennis Lawrence will have just about nine sessions at home again before the squad assembles in Wrexham for the encounter and the former Everton assistant coach is expected to name his final squad next week prior.

Wales head coach Ryan Giggs will name his squad in nine days and a BBC Report stated he is considering calling up Rotherham midfielder Will Vaulks for his first Wales appearance.

Giggs was at the New York Stadium on Saturday as Vaulks impressed in Rotherham’s 3-2 win over Blackburn.Vaulks, 25, was born on the Wirral and played for Tranmere and Workington before joining Falkirk in 2013.Giggs is no stranger in bringing in new players out of the blue, with Anderlecht centre-back James Lawrence recently discovered to have Welsh roots.

One of the players in Lawrence’s current provisional squad is former Danish-based defender Radanfah Abu Bakr who spoke about the importance of the upcoming fixture ahead of the Concacaf Gold Cup. Abu Bakr has played in the past two Gold Cups in 2013 and 2015.

“It’s always good to be back, coming off a bit a of a lay off. It’s good to be back out on the pitch again and playing among the boys. It’s been very intense so far and very physical,” Abu Bakr told TTFA Media on Wednesday.

“We have a big game to prepare for. It’s going to be massive test for us and a big challenge. We have been working hard in the sessions trying to get up to speed physically, mentally and tactically as well.

“We had the last couple days off but we’ve been working individually and when we come to the sessions it’s a huge collective effort to get the right mindset and tactics for the game coming up. It’s been very intense because that’s how it’s going to be gameday against a top quality opposition. But we’ve been focused on what he (Lawrence) has been trying to instill in us tactically and of course getting the right mentality when we play,” Abu Bakr continued.

The former Caledonia AIA player stressed that the Wales encounter is a critical one ahead of a hectic period of activities for the Senior Men’s Team with the Gold Cup approaching in June followed by the CONCACAF Nations League later in the year. Staying disciplined throughout the game will be the key to a good result against Giggs’ men.

“The most important thing will be us to stay disciplined throughout the game. Quite a few of our boys are in off season so that’s going to be a bit of a challenge which means we will have to stay very focused during the game, very disciplined tactically and work together as a team,”Abu Bakr stated.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/knRVRghF_Pg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/knRVRghF_Pg</a>

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2019, 06:46:13 AM »
 Daniel Carr plays in the ROI, he's active, is a number 9 in the mould of KJ that we we need. Ryan Innis just returned to QPR from his loan spell in Scotland with Dundee where he was active. He's a central defender. Both have TnT passports.
Gareth Bale: Real Madrid forward injured in Champions League defeat

Gareth Bale scored twice in last season's Champions League final against Liverpool
Gareth Bale could be set for another period on the sidelines after suffering an ankle injury as Real Madrid lost at the Champions League last-16 stage to Ajax.

Jeered by home fans in the weekend defeat by Barcelona, the Wales forward came on as a 29th-minute substitute following an injury to Lucas Vazquez.

Bale almost had an instant impact as his shot struck the post, but ended the 4-1 defeat hobbling around the pitch.

The extent of the injury is not known.

Wales have a friendly against Trinidad & Tobago on 20 March, four days before beginning their Euro 2020 qualifying campaign at home to Slovakia in Cardiff.

The former Tottenham player joined the action - with his side already two goals down on the night - to a less hostile reception than he received from Real fans on Saturday, which his agent described as "nothing short of a disgrace".

He was unable to inspire his side to a comeback on Tuesday, however, with Santiago Solari's side's sole focus now on La Liga - in which they sit 12 points adrift of leaders Barcelona.

His future at the Bernabeu appears increasingly uncertain.

Bale was out for three weeks in January with a calf injury.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2019, 07:15:20 PM »
happy for this game

but still hurt we only playing one game in the FIFA window...AGAIN..

frig...play even Wrexham reserves two/three days after nah...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2019, 10:41:56 PM »
happy for this game

but still hurt we only playing one game in the FIFA window...AGAIN..

frig...play even Wrexham reserves two/three days after nah...

Yuh in Town too long. Doh hot up yuh head, yuh know how it go.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Former coach delighted to welcome Lawrence back to Wrexham for Wales friendly
TTFA Media

Brian Flynn, the man who signed Dennis Lawrence to his first professional contract in the United Kingdom is getting ready to welcome his former player as head coach of Trinidad and Tobago to the Racecourse on March 20th.

Flynn is currently the assistant coach at Wrexham. Back in 2000, he signed Lawrence after Carlos Edwards and Hector Sam had joined the club earlier on. Both Lawrence and Edwards later became the first Wrexham players to play in a World Cup

Flynn is a former midfielder for the Welsh national team with 66 caps. He also managed Wales Under 21 team in 2012 and in 2010 Flynn was confirmed caretaker manager of the Wales national football team after John Toshack stepped down, prior to the appointment of Gary Speed.

“I’m absolutely delighted and looking forward to having Dennis back at the Racecourse. I brought him to Wrexham in 2001 and it was fantastic to have him along with Carlos Edwards and Dennis Lawrence at the club together.. the Trinidad and Tobago boys,” Flynn told TTFA Media on Friday.

Flynn started his career with Burnley, and made his league debut for them in the 1973–74 season, when they were in the old First Division. As a player, he made 200 appearances for Burnley,154 for Leeds United and 100 for Wrexham.

“I’ve followed the boys since their time here. Carlos moved onto the Premier League and I was delighted for him. Dennis went onto Swansea and of course he got into management and I was happy to see that he took on the Trinidad job. It’s going to be exciting to have him over with the Trinidad and Tobago national team and of course we are all looking forward to a very good match with the Wales team,” Flynn said.

“I think it will be a good match for both teams and we are all really looking forward to a thrilling game of football when the two teams meet. Wales are preparing for the Euros and of course Trinidad has its competitions to look ahead to.

“The only one disappointment I had with Dennis and the boys is that we always spoke about my trip to Trinidad and it never came through so I’m hoping after this game we can have a return leg and I can be on the plane for that one. Even if it’s not for a game with Wales, I am hoping he can get me to his home country after all these years,” Flynn said with a laugh.

Meantime, it was announced in Wales on Friday that head coach Ryan Giggs will take his squad to Manchester United club’s Carrington base next week to prepare for the friendly against T&T.

Giggs has called on his United contacts to allow the Wales squad to train at Carrington before the T&T friendly at the Racecourse Ground.

The game is a warm-up for Wales’ opening Euro 2020 qualifier against Slovakia in Cardiff four days later. Gareth Bale is expected to be among the players going through their paces at the Carrington Training Centre. Bale suffered an ankle injury during the closing moments of Real Madrid’s Champions League defeat to Ajax on Tuesday.

Giggs is set to name his squad for the Trinidad & Tobago and Slovakia games in north Wales on Tuesday.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2019, 07:05:49 AM »
This match is SOLD OUT.

:)

Yuh would think we would know by now.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2019, 12:36:41 AM »
Humphrey: No time to slack around the national team.
TTFA Media.

Club Sando midfielder Akeem Humphrey will be hoping he’s done enough over the past two weeks to make the final cut when Dennis Lawrence announces the squad that will travel to Wales for the international friendly on Friday.

Humphrey, a former national under 20 player has been part of the provisional training squad and he’s been  taking it all in stride getting in shape for the upcoming local domestic season with an eye on selection for Wales match and  the Concacaf Gold Cup in June.

“It’s been intense. The gaffer has put out a plan for us and from my point of view the guys have been doing well and putting in the work. Fitness wise we are coming up to par and with eight more days or so left before we leave. I think everyone is looking forward to what’s ahead and all up to the task,” Humphrey told TTFA Media.

“The Wales match is a really important and huge match for us. It would be a honour to be in the squad for such a match especially as a younger player. From here I’ll just be trying my best because the aim is to also make it on the squad for the Gold Cup so hopefully I can just doing my best and take it all the way,” he said.

Humphrey, 23, complimented the work of the Senior Team staff, adding that it was absolutely necessary for the home-based players to maintain high levels when they are on and off national duty.

“The international level is different from club level so obviously we must be at that height in terms of intensity. It’s been a hard but encouraging process. Nothing comes easy. For clubs in the Caribbean, it’s no where near the standard of the national team in terms of training so obviously you have to put in more by yourself but at the end of the day we are here to work.

“The younger players are willing to learn. As young player myself, we are wiling to communicate and work for each other. It’s been phenomenal working under the current coaches. The work has been very good from every member of the staff. I just try my best as a young player to take on board what the coaches are teaching us and try to progress as an individual,” Humphrey said.

“It is very important to keep yourself at that level required for international football. There is no time to slack and lack when you are in training with the national team. You always have to put in the extra work. I always try to take back to the club whatever I learn at the national team and try to help as much payers as I can,” he added.

RELATED NEWS - Dec-2015

Silent Warrior: One on one with Club Sando’s Akeem Humphrey
By Kimbly Pierre-Samai (Wired868).

“I am a fighter till the end,” Club Sando midfielder Akeem Humphrey told Wired868.

Soft-spoken but tenacious, Humphrey came to prominence last year as a member of the Trinidad and Tobago National Under-20 Team that lifted the Caribbean crown in 2014. He is making his debut in the Pro League this season and is anxious to make his mark o the top flight.

Wired868 caught up with Humphrey for a one on one:

Full name: Akeem Humphrey

Date of birth: November 25, 1995

Home town: Marabella, South

Local schools attended: Naparima Boys College

Who is your favourite player and why?
My favourite player is Andres Iniesta. He’s a very creative player and he’s a fighter till the end as well.

What is your favourite team?
Barcelona. My favourite player is on the team so I support him.

How would you describe yourself?
I am a fighter. I work hard without letting up.

What is something most people do not know about you?
Most people see me as a quiet person but I am a fighter till the end. On the field I will not stop I will continue to fight until the game is over. Right down until the game ends.

What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I use my free time to spend time with my mom Julia Hernandez.

What motivates you to succeed?
When I look at the youths today I just see failure. Youths are failing their families and themselves. Out there isn’t easy so I am motivated to succeed and not to fall prey. To stay focused on my goal.

Do you recall when you first started playing football?
I first started playing football as early as seven years old with W Connection.

Who first encouraged you to play football?
My father, Brent Humphrey has always been my encouragement. He used to play for football for Trinidad and Tobago back in the day. From a very early age, he realized my natural talent and has always encouraged and supported me with my football.

What position do you play?
Centre Midfield.

What makes you stand out as a player?
I would say I am a very hard worker; I always do my best and put in the extra work. To give myself an extra boost I work out on my own outside of training days with the team.

Who was the most important coach/coaches and why?
Brian Williams of W Connection was the most instrumental in my development as he taught me the basics. His advice to me was always to make sure I control the ball and execute properly.

How do you keep fit?
In addition to my training with the team, I work out in the mornings and evenings with a 20 minute run and stretches.

How far would you like to reach in football?
My goal is to become a professional football player in Europe.

What was your best moment in football career so far?
My best moment would be when I played with W Connection’s Under 18 team and we won the tournament.

What was the worst moment in your football career?
My worst moment was when I missed a penalty against San Juan Jabloteh in a Super League game in 2014.

How did you feel playing in front of a large crowd at the Under 20 World Cup Qualifier?
It was alot of pressure. Everyone was watching you and if you made a mistake you could  not hide from it. You had to try and stay focus in all the pressure.

What happened during the game against Panama?
We were down and the Panama players were in control of the ball, just knocking it around and I got a little frustrated. I was trying to keep my cool but at the same time I didn’t want to lose, and the bad tackle forced me to make an unforced error.

What was the error you made?
My error was making frustration get the better of me and doing something unsportsmanlike.

How did you feel after?
I felt really bad not only because they discussed it but just knowing that I had let my team and the coach down.

Do you think this lapse in judgment has hampered your football career in Trinidad and Tobago?
No I do not think so at all.

What was the reason you were not selected for the National Under 23 team which recently played at the Pan American Games?
I did not register for the team in time as I got called late. My Visa was also expired so I was unable to travel.

How did you feel not being there with the team?
I was upset as it was a missed opportunity. Scouts hardly come to Trinidad and Tobago anymore as such any internal exposure is through the national team at these tournaments. There were times I cried at home.

What would you like to accomplish this season in the Pro League?
To be a consistent player and continue to do my best.

How do you expect your team, Club Sando to perform in the Pro League?
We have a very strong side this year; I believe we are stronger than last year. We have a good rhythm going. Once all the players step up I believe we can place in the top five.

What advice will you give to young upcoming footballers like yourself?
Work hard, don’t stop, out there is not easy. Always be mentally and physically ready, do the extra work on the field so you that you standout.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 12:43:56 AM by Flex »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2019, 12:38:51 PM »
Should DL call up players like Hoyte and Plaza who are active? I know their age is a factor but all the Wales players will be in prime form given they're playing every week in Europe.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2019, 07:45:06 PM »
Should DL call up players like Hoyte and Plaza who are active? I know their age is a factor but all the Wales players will be in prime form given they're playing every week in Europe.

No.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2019, 04:50:21 AM »
The Welsh squad to face Trinidad and Tobago.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 06:44:29 AM by Tallman »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2019, 09:01:19 AM »

No.
I'm in favor of the younger players getting experience from these games as a way to build the program going forward but if some of them haven't played for the year then that will be an additional challenge.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2019, 12:38:18 AM »
Phillip sees benefits for training camp ahead of Wales friendly/ Giggs names Bale in 31-man squad.
TTFA Media.

Senior Men’s Team goalkeeper Marvin Phillip believes that the last three weeks of preparations has brought benefits to the the provisional squad as members are now closer to a decent match fitness level ahead of the international friendly against Wales on March 20th.

Phillip was in goal in a practice game on Tuesday as the T&T team completed a 6-0 win over Police at the Ato Boldon Stadium

“Over the last few weeks we had a bunch of senior players with some youngsters in some high intensity training  and everyone is up to game fitness now,” Phillip told TTFA Media.

“It’s going to be a massive encounter for us against Wales  and it is going to be tough. We will give them that respect but we are not prepared to lie down. We will try our best to match them. I think coach will get the right mixture to ensure we have a good showing against Wales. I think mentally we need to be strong for the entire 90 minutes. We are getting the support from the Staff and the FA and everything is good thus far,” Phillip continued.

T&T head coach Dennis Lawrence will announce his final squad on the weekend the encounter at the Racecourse in Wrexham.

Meantime, Wales boss Ryan Giggs has named Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale and uncapped Rotherham United midfielder Will Vaulks in a 31-man squad to face  T&T and Slovakia.

The 25-year-old Vaulks  qualifies for Wales through his Welsh mother, with Giggs previously attending a game that Vaulks starred in.

Speaking at a news conference, Giggs told reporters: “I have [had a chat with Bale]. I was as worried as anyone else, but he should be fine. He is a fantastic player, when Gareth turns up he gives everyone a lift.”

There could be a competitive debut for Schalke winger Rabbi Matondo, who won his first cap in November’s friendly defeat against Albania.

Aston Villa left-back Neil Taylor could feature for the first time under Giggs having missed the last two matches through injury.

Giggs confirmed 34-year-old defender Ashley Williams, on loan at Stoke City from Everton, will continue as skipper having succeeded Aaron Ramsey in 2012.

“As long as Ashley is in the squad he will be captain,” said Giggs. I have said that in the past. He is the captain going into the campaign. “

Wales Squad:

Goalkeepers:

Wayne Hennessey (Crystal Palace), Danny Ward (Leicester), Adam Davies (Barnsley), Chris Maxwell (Charlton, on loan from Preston).

Defenders:

Ashley Williams (Stoke, on loan from Everton), Chris Gunter (Reading), Neil Taylor (Aston Villa), Ben Davies (Tottenham), Connor Roberts (Swansea), James Lawrence (Anderlecht), Ethan Ampadu (Chelsea), Tom Lockyer (Bristol Rovers), Chris Mepham (Bournemouth), Paul Dummett (Newcastle), Declan John (Swansea).

Midfielders:

Ryan Hedges (Barnsley), Joe Allen (Stoke), David Brooks (Bournemouth), Ben Woodburn (Liverpool), Harry Wilson (Derby, on loan from Liverpool), Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal), Matt Smith (FC Twente, on loan from Manchester City), Lee Evans (Wigan), Daniel James (Swansea), Will Vaulks.

Forwards:

Rabbi Matondo (Schalke), Sam Vokes (Stoke), Tom Lawrence (Derby), Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), Tyler Roberts (Leeds).

« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 12:41:01 AM by Flex »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2019, 06:10:30 AM »
Lord look at squad nah. Pro league vs Premier league.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2019, 03:36:17 PM »
Memphis 901 FC players, defender Triston Hodge, midfielder Leston Paul and forward Duane Muckette were all called-up to play for Trinidad and Tobago in the team’s March 20 international friendly against Wales.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2019, 04:58:35 PM »
Memphis 901 FC players, defender Triston Hodge, midfielder Leston Paul and forward Duane Muckette were all called-up to play for Trinidad and Tobago in the team’s March 20 international friendly against Wales.

T&T not going anywhere. . .Ok Dennis yuh had yuh chance. . .time to ride out
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2019, 07:46:32 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago Roster

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2019, 12:30:38 AM »
This guy is not calling up rasjitsingh  or.. scouting for eligible players ...leston paul was on the bench last week nathan Lewis was on the bench all season  or not selected.. now ross Russell jr .... Willis plaza get a recall
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2019, 07:18:24 AM »
Am I missing something? I thought we were planning for the future? If so, why does DL call up 31 year old Willis Plaza, whilst Rundell Winchester (25) and England born Daniel Carr  (24) with a TnT passport is overlooked? Both are also active which makes it even more puzzling for a game of this magnitude.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2019, 02:08:45 PM »
Who, if anyone, geh pick because of the "herbal dismissals"?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2019, 03:11:08 PM »
Who, if anyone, geh pick because of the "herbal dismissals"?

I doh see anyone who meets de criteria.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2019, 04:06:24 PM »
No Shahdon Winchester and no Joevin Jones (who incidentally was subbed off after 32mins today).............and no Ramjitsingh (an MLS goalkeeper)
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>