April 27, 2024, 05:18:37 PM

Author Topic: 2019/20 T&T Pro League Thread  (Read 30460 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2019/20 T&T Pro League Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2019, 12:09:36 PM »
League just start and on a two week break already? Steups.
cant you see it’s cold out there, the grounds are frozen and visibility is poor due to the inclement christmas weather, and fellers have to go parranging, drink rum, punch of crem and eat black cake? they can’t do that and play football all at once, you crazy?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2019, 02:39:11 AM »
League just start and on a two week break already? Steups.
cant you see it’s cold out there, the grounds are frozen and visibility is poor due to the inclement christmas weather, and fellers have to go parranging, drink rum, punch of crem and eat black cake? they can’t do that and play football all at once, you crazy?

The pro-league should not follow the socalled fifa schedule. It is a weak league with too few teams. The small league should be compact and short. Should start in May or June. End in December. The 3/4 months break could used for the national teams.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2019, 05:59:18 AM »
The pro-league should not follow the socalled fifa schedule. It is a weak league with too few teams. The small league should be compact and short. Should start in May or June. End in December. The 3/4 months break could used for the national teams.

Interesting idea, but I can't agree to 4-6 months of inactivity , particularly when 2 of the proposed months of activity are World Cup months. There should definitely be two discrete seasons. Aside from the inactivity, there is also a physiological concern of playing sustained football, week in week out, for seven months and having league and Cup matches condensed within that calendar.

My comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek in that I get why the break exists but personally ... having less than a flat out two week break and trying to attract people to matches by playing on New Year's and Boxing Day  would have been a consideration after so many months of nothing. Aside from SSFL, it seems that everything football-related in T&T occurred in November. After this break doh is the League inclined to take another lengthy hiatus around Carnival?

Consistency is needed. In recent years national teams have had commitments around both Xmas and Carnival.

Four to five months dedicated to a NT sounds good but if  matches are not being played, from where do you draw players if injuries occur and for refreshing the squad and unearthing talent? There are other issues ... what would be their training/competitive program and where? Viable to a degree if you have majorly deep pockets and the team is flying all over the planet playing foreign opposition or permanently based abroad ...

At the end of the day, a Pro League calendar still has to contend with the impact of a FIFA calendar.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2019, 11:56:24 AM »
Regarding their schedule this is the response I got from the TTPFL:

Mr. Bhoolai,

Thank you for your interest in the TT Pro League.

December scheduled concluded on the 20th and January's schedule will commence on the 3rd. We are expected to play every Friday and Tuesday in January. Because I don't have confirmation on the playing venues at present it would be difficult to send them out. However, as soon as I am able to get the venues confirmed I will remember to email them to you.

Kind regards,
Julia Baptiste
Julia Baptiste
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2019, 01:57:49 PM »

Mr. Bhoolai,

December scheduled concluded on the 20th and January's schedule will commence on the 3rd. We are expected to play every Friday and Tuesday in January. Because I don't have confirmation on the playing venues at present it would be difficult to send them out. However, as soon as I am able to get the venues confirmed I will remember to email them to you.

Kind regards,
Julia Baptiste
Julia Baptiste

Well at least you get ah response.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2019, 03:13:20 PM »

Mr. Bhoolai,

Kind regards,
Julia Baptiste
Julia Baptiste

Well at least you get ah response.

;D ;D ;D
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sancho pushes for full-time chairman
« Reply #96 on: December 25, 2019, 05:32:50 PM »
Sancho pushes for full-time chairman
T&T Express

ACTING Pro League chairman Brent Sancho thinks the position should be a full-time one, complete with salary. Sancho was appointed as Acting Chairman following the death of Richard Fakoory in May.

Yesterday, the former Trinidad and Tobago sports minister issued a release stating that the position should become a full time, paying post.

“We are in urgent need of a truly independent chairperson to guide the board,” said Sancho.

“But we haven’t yet sat down as a board to discuss the criteria for the position, including roles and responsibilities,” he added.

“Then, there is also the issue of salary as the position is currently unpaid,” Sancho went on.

Sancho says that he believes that the whole structure of Pro League management needs to be reviewed.

“We need the right people in the right jobs. Currently, CEO Mrs. (Julia) Baptiste is covering all bases, and this can’t be right. While she is working tirelessly to keep the ship afloat, she needs support.”

‘Important decisions to make’

Sancho is of the opinion that Pro League football has reached a crossroads.

“We have important decisions to make and I wonder if we have the right people in place to make the hard decisions required to move the sport forward,” he said.

“The Chairman’s role is a case in point,” said the fotrmer national team defender. “Both Richard and myself were asked to step up temporarily, and we were both honoured to accept the role. However, we both recognised that the appointment could only be temporary. You simply can’t have a club owner chairing the league.”

Sancho explained that the need for independence was a tough requirement when someone was discussing issues that affect your own club.

“It’s an impossible situation. For example, Central F.C. are still owed prize money from 2016 and 2017 and yet, I can’t express my opinion concerning clubs that owe money to the league from last season. It’s frustrating.”

Sancho added that while he had a casting vote, it was the club owners who made the board decisions which he is mandated to support.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Football at a ‘critical crossroad’
« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2019, 08:38:00 AM »
Football at a ‘critical crossroad’
T&T Newsday

“Football in T&T has reached a critical crossroad”

That’s the opinion of acting Pro League chairman, Brent Sancho.

“We have important decisions to make and I wonder if we have the right people in place to make the hard decisions required to move the sport forward”

Sancho was appointed as acting chairman following the death of Richard Fakoory in May.

“The chairman’s role is a case in point” said Sancho. “Both Richard and myself were asked to step up temporarily, and we were both honoured to accept the role. However, we both recognised that the appointment could only be temporary: you simply can’t have a club owner chairing the league”

Sancho explained that the need for independence is a tough requirement when you’re discussing issues that affect your own club.

“It’s an impossible situation. For example: Central FC are still owed prize money from 2016 and 2017 and yet, I can’t express my opinion concerning clubs that owe money to the league from last season. It’s frustrating.”

Sancho said while he has a casting vote, it’s the club owners who make the board decisions which he is mandated to support. “We are in urgent need of a truly independent chairperson to guide the board,” said Sancho. “But we haven’t yet sat down as a board to discuss the criteria for the position, including roles and responsibilities and KPI’s. Then there is also the issue of salary, as the position is currently unpaid.”

Sancho said he believes the entire structure of Pro League management needs to be reviewed.

“We need the right people in the right jobs. Currently, CEO Mrs (Julia) Baptiste is covering all bases, and this can’t be right. While she is working tirelessly to keep the ship afloat, she needs support.”

He said while there have been leaks of board members’ criticisms of Baptiste, this is perfectly normal in a business.

“I am certain that every CEO is criticised by their board from time to time. As John Lydgate famously said, ‘You can’t please all of the people all of the time’. However, I am concerned of allegations of misogyny.

“Mrs Baptiste has been supported by the Pro League board for 17 years. I am sure that there aren’t many male dominated sports organisations that have supported a senior female executive for such a period.

“So the accusations of sexism by the Pro League board is mischief making by persons with their own negative agendas. Added to which, I am personally disgusted by this continuing practice of leaking confidential emails to the media. No good can come of this. Directors of any company should be able to voice their concerns to each other without worrying about their thoughts being taken out of context.

“We are almost reaching an Orwellian state where people are castigated for Thought Crimes”.

Sancho added that these media issues are keeping talented administrators away from football.

“Over the last two years, football has made more headlines through politics than through the sport itself. It shouldn’t be that way.

“Yes, administrators should be answerable, but far too much is being aired in public that doesn’t need to be. And much of this is fuelled purely by politics, and even hatred.

“Another famous quote of John Lydgate says that empty vessels make the most noise. We are listening to the people who shout loudest rather than those who whisper wisely.

“This approach doesn’t work for coaches on the touchline and it doesn’t work in the board room.

This mentality must change and I am hoping that the Pro League will soon identify such a person to step into the chair and carry our football forward.”

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2019, 05:57:28 PM »
With the PFL site being down, is there anyway to check out the PFL rosters?

i know getting profile info, is a huge ask(hopefully available soon with the FIFA Connect system) so team lists should be sufficient

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2019, 11:46:59 PM »

i know getting profile info, is a huge ask(hopefully available soon with the FIFA Connect system) so team lists should be sufficient

No. You have to piece it together my going to the clubs' Facebook page, as well as looking at match reports.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2019, 06:59:08 AM »

No. You have to piece it together my going to the clubs' Facebook page, as well as looking at match reports.

Sadly this is how I'm having to do it for Football Manager, what you looking to do it for Azzurri?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cunupia FC's technology attracts UWI students
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2020, 06:48:28 PM »
Cunupia FC's technology attracts UWI students
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

T&T Pro League cam­paign­ers Cunu­pia FC re­cent­ly wel­comed Sherisse Craw­ford and Matthew Ser­rant, two stu­dents of the Uni­ver­si­ty of the West In­dies' Cave Hill cam­pus who are in­to the sec­ond year of their BSc Sports Sci­ence pro­gramme, to fur­ther their study on sports sci­ence.

On­ly re­cent­ly, the cen­tral club, the newest mem­ber of the Pro League, signed a five-year mem­o­ran­dum of un­der­stand­ing (MOU) with the Sports Sci­ence So­ci­ety at the Uni­ver­si­ty of the West In­dies' Cave Hill cam­pus in recog­ni­tion of the club's pi­o­neer­ing role in the use of ad­vanced sci­en­tif­ic tech­nol­o­gy on the foot­ball field.

Cunu­pia FC is present­ly the on­ly lo­cal foot­ball team in the coun­try and the Caribbean us­ing a per­for­mance mon­i­tor­ing and man­age­ment sys­tem, which al­lows for com­pre­hen­sive mea­sure­ments and cap­ture of vir­tu­al­ly all as­pects of foot­ball play­ers on-field ac­tiv­i­ty. This gives coach­es and oth­er tech­ni­cal staff mem­bers an in­sight in­to play­ers' strengths and weak­ness.

It al­so, with ob­jec­tive da­ta, al­lows staff to con­tin­u­ous­ly as­sess train­ing pro­grammes and match sta­tis­tics.

The agree­ment was ini­ti­at­ed by Trey Hart, the as­sis­tant coach at Cunu­pia FC, who is the hold­er of a BSC in Sports Sci­ence from the Cave Hill cam­pus.

On Thurs­day, Cunu­pia coach Michael De Four said he sees the MOU as a huge step­ping stone to­wards the en­hance­ment of sport lo­cal­ly and through­out the Caribbean.

Hart praised De Four and Taahir Bul­bu­lia, pres­i­dent of the Sports Sci­ence So­ci­ety, for their dili­gent work through­out the process.

The aim is to give hands-on ex­pe­ri­ence in­to a pro­fes­sion­al sport and show­case to stu­dents the pos­i­tive im­pact of en­com­pass­ing Sci­ence in sport and the mea­sur­able im­prove­ments it sup­ports.

The club, in on­ly its first for­ay in the coun­try's top-flight foot­ball com­pe­ti­tion, broke two key records by win­ning their first four match­es and qual­i­fy­ing for the semi­fi­nals of the First Cit­i­zens Cup last year. And in the on­go­ing T&T Pro League, De Four in­tends to spring more sur­pris­es.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2020, 07:54:38 AM »
Very interesting development - lets hope the investment pays off and develops a more professional approach to our players' health and fitness.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jordan puts Caledonia on Pro League top
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2020, 09:37:11 PM »
Jordan puts Caledonia on Pro League top
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

A sin­gle item by Ryan Jor­dan helped Mor­vant Cale­do­nia Unit­ed surge to the top of the T&T Pro League fol­low­ing a 1-0 win over San Juan Jabloteh at the Hase­ly Craw­ford Sta­di­um in Mu­cu­rapo on Fri­day night.

The game ap­peared to be head­ing to­wards a goal­less stale­mate when Jor­dan found the net in the 97th minute to se­cure max­i­mum points, which sent the Mor­vant team to sev­en points over­all on the stand­ings.

Cale­do­nia now holds a mere one-point lead over sec­ond-placed De­fence Force, who de­feat­ed Cunu­pia FC 3-2 on Sat­ur­day.

Third-place Po­lice FC, the re­cent First Cit­i­zens Cup win­ners, were al­so in win­ner’s row on Fri­day night.

In the open­ing match of a dou­ble­head­er at the Ato Boldon Sta­di­um in Bal­main, Cou­va, against Tiger Tank Club San­do, the Law­men made their in­ten­tions known as ear­ly as the 13th minute when Keion Wil­son fired them ahead.

The south­ern­ers lat­er were able to con­tain their op­po­nents un­til the 77th minute when Wil­son got his team’s sec­ond item for a two-goal cush­ion. How­ev­er, the Law­men, known for hav­ing the stead­i­est de­fence in lo­cal foot­ball present­ly, could do noth­ing when Shaq­keem Joseph found the net in the 93rd minute for a 1-2 re­sult that pro­pelled the Law­men in­to third spot on the ta­ble on six points, with an in­fe­ri­or goal dif­fer­ence to the Army.

Mean­while, in the sec­ond game in Cou­va, mul­ti­ple-times Pro League win­ners W Con­nec­tion Foot­ball Club were held 1-1 by Cen­tral FC for a share of the points.

Con­nec­tion, known as the Savonet­ta Boys by their fans, were still at­tempt­ing to come to terms with the un­time­ly pass­ing of their in­flu­en­tial young strik­er Shah­don Win­ches­ter, who was laid to rest the day be­fore the match af­ter his death in an ac­ci­dent two weeks ago.

Still, W Con­nec­tion man­aged to take the lead in the en­counter from Mickaeel ‘Jem’ Gor­don in the 27th minute. They en­joyed that ad­van­tage for most of the match un­til Sean Bon­val found the equalis­er in the 79th minute for the Cen­tral Sharks to de­ny Con­nec­tion their first win of the sea­son.

Af­ter­wards, Con­nec­tion CEO Re­nee John-Williams said, “We have played two games and have drawn them both. The sea­son is a short one and while we can­not af­ford to drop points on any game, I am con­fi­dent that we can find our­selves back to win­ning ways soon. We are in a re­build­ing phase and we have a rel­a­tive­ly young team, sprin­kled with ex­pe­ri­enced ones. We like to win but we are pa­tient and con­fi­dent in the ca­pa­bil­i­ties of our young charges.”

In an­oth­er game at the Hase­ly Craw­ford Sta­di­um, AC Port-of-Spain sealed fifth po­si­tion on the stand­ings de­spite a 1-1 tie with Point Fortin Civic. The Port-of-Spain men, who were pre­vi­ous­ly North East Stars, went ahead in the 21st minute via John-Paul Rochford, be­fore Ronell Paul found the equalis­er in the 56th minute for a share of the points.

Mean­while, in a lone con­test at the Lar­ry Gomes Sta­di­um in Ari­ma yes­ter­day, De­fence Force moved to sec­ond by de­feat­ing Cunu­pia FC 3-2.

Army’s in­flu­en­tial strik­er De­vorn Jorsling be­gan a see-saw af­fair by hand­ing his team the lead in the 28th.

But Rafael Marstre put Cunu­pia back on lev­el terms with a 35th minute item and Dwane James pushed the cen­tral men in front for the first time in the match in the 65th minute.

How­ev­er, two unan­swered goals in the 82nd and 87th sealed the win for the Army Coast-Guard Com­bi­na­tion team.

Scores:

(Fri­day)

AC PoS 1 (John-Paul Rochford 21st) v PT FORTIN CIVIC 1 (Ronell Paul 56th)

MOR­VANT CALE­DO­NIA AIA 1 (Ryan Jor­dan 97th) v SAN JUAN JABLOTEH 0

PO­LICE FC 2 (Keion Wil­son 13th, 77th) v CLUB SAN­DO 1 (Shaq­keem Joseph 93rd)

W CON­NEC­TION 1 (Michael Gem Gor­don 27th) v CEN­TRAL FC 1 (Sean Bon­val 79th)

(Sat­ur­day)

DE­FENCE FORCE 3 (De­vorn Jorsling 28th, Jer­wyn Balt­haz­ar 82nd, Hashim Ar­cia 87th) v CUNU­PIA FC 2 (Rafael Marstre 35th, Dwane James 65th)

Top scor­ers

4 - Keion Wil­son (Po­lice FC)

2 - Rashad Hy­a­centh (AC PoS), Aaron Richards (Mor­vant Cale­do­nia), Kishun Seecha­ran (La Hor­quet­ta Rangers), John-Paul Rochford (AC PoS).

1 - Isa­iah Lee (La Hor­quet­ta Rangers), Mic­ah Lan­siquot (San Juan Jabloteh), Keron Cum­mings (La Hor­quet­ta Rangers), Ko­rdell Samuel (AC PoS), Jer­vic Mc Far­lane (Mor­vant Cale­do­nia)

Cur­rent T&T Pro League stand­ings:

Teams*P*W*D*L*F*A*Pts

1. Mor­vant Cale­do­nia*3*2*1*0*4*2*7

2. De­fence Force FC*2*2*0*0*5*3*2*6

3. Po­lice FC*3*2*0*1*5*3*6

4. Club San­do*3*1*1*1*3*3*4

5. AC Port-of-Spain*3*1*1*1*6*10*4

6. LH Rangers*2*1*0*1*8*4*3

7. De­fence Force FC*1*1*0*0*2*1*3

8. San Juan Jabloteh*3*1*0*2*1*2*3

9. W Con­nec­tion*2*0*2*0*2*2*2

10. Cunu­pia FC*2*0*1*1*1*3*1

11. Pt Fortin Civic*1*0*1*0*1*1*1

12. Cen­tral FC *3*0*1*2*3*5*1

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2020, 11:28:41 PM »
Where have the updates on social media gone?

was trying to find fixtures for this round a week or 2 ago and couldnt find anything on the league's FB and IG pages
and the website is down

so basically cant see lineup, scorerers and fixtures regularly ? any word as to what's going on?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2020, 04:25:05 AM »
Anybody on the forum from tong and supporting the Athletic Club of POS ?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2020, 07:01:27 AM »
Is there any link ..... to get the game scores
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2020, 12:09:35 PM »
This and FULL team rosters and lineups should be readily available

Anyone can helo with this

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
W Connection, Defence Force win in T&T Pro League
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2020, 05:50:10 AM »
W Connection, Defence Force win in T&T Pro League
By Sheldon Pierre (T&T Newsday)

DEFENCE Force and W Connection were the only winners on Tuesday night as the other three matches ended goalless when round one, match day four concluded in the T&T Pro League.

W Connection scored two early goals to eventually defeat Terminix La Horquetta Rangers 3-1 at the Ato Boldon Stadium. The home team Connection was awarded a penalty in the third minute of the game and St Lucian defender, Kurt Fredrick slapped it home, beating goalkeeper Jabari St Hillaire for the early one nil lead. Twenty minutes later, Connection's Jevaughn Humphrey was in the right spot at the right time to tap in the goal from a free-kick to double their lead which they carried into halftime.

Rangers began pressing their opponents on the resumption of the second half and they were rewarded with a goal from Keron Cummins when his shot slipped through the hands of Jason Belfon and trickled over the line. Seeking an equaliser, Rangers kept applying the pressure but against the run of play, the Savonetta Boys were awarded a corner. Mickaael Gem Gordon rose above everyone else to score a header from the corner kick which dented the hopes of the visiting Rangers and sealed the 3-1 victory for his team.

Police FC and national goalkeeper Adrian Foncette was outstanding between the uprights making several point-blank saves throughout the match against Central FC. The lawmen controlled the match for the majority of the opening half but couldn't find a way through Central's stubborn defence. Foncette made a smart save from Jameel Antoine in the 33rd minute. That chance gifted Central some energy as shortly after Noel Williams' shot went inches wide of Foncette's goal. In the last minute of the half, Foncette was called upon once again to make another crucial save, this time denying youngster Che Benny. The second half saw both teams playing high intensity football but lacked quality in the decisive end of the field resulting in the game ending in a goalless draw.

Defence Force remained perfect after three matches as they etched out a one nil victory over AC Port of Spain, at the Diego Martin Sports Complex. Long-standing Army player and captain, Jerwyn Balthazar tapped in the winner in the 70th minute from a Brent Sam cross.

There was a goal drought at the Hasely Crawford Stadium as both matches between San Juan Jabloteh and Point Fortin Civic as well as Morvant Caledonia United and Tiger Tank Club Sando ended in a draw.

Friday

La Horquetta Recreation Ground

Central Fc vs Tiger Tanks Club Sando -6pm

Terminix La Horquetta Rangers vs San Juan Jabloteh - 8pm

Hasely Crawford Stadium

Police FC vs Point Fortin Civic -6pm

Defence Force vs W. Connection -8pm

Saturday

Larry Gomes Stadium

Cunupia Fc vs Morvant/ Caledonia United 3:30pm

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RUV7yYyr5Wo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RUV7yYyr5Wo</a>
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 05:57:01 AM by Tallman »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2020, 01:25:48 AM »
Felix’s goal keeps Army on Pro League top.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

The dom­i­nance of the De­fence Force team in the T&T Pro League con­tin­ued on Fri­day night when they edged strug­gling W Con­nec­tion 1-0 at the Hase­ly Craw­ford Sta­di­um in Mu­cu­rapo to main­tain their top po­si­tion on the stand­ings.

The goal came from a 33rd-minute strike by Je­lani Fe­lix and moved the Army Coast-Guard Com­bi­na­tion unit to 12 points, a mere two-point ad­van­tage over sec­ond-placed Po­lice FC, who were al­so vic­to­ri­ous on Fri­day af­ter thrash­ing Point Fortin Civic Cen­tre 3-1 in the open­ing match of a dou­ble­head­er at the Sta­di­um.

The Point Fortin men, who are still to record their first win of the sea­son, felt they were on their way to break­ing that jinx when Kervile Je­re­mi­ah fired them in front af­ter on­ly four min­utes.

They then held out for the next nine min­utes be­fore the Law­men broke their re­sis­tance.

Ka­reem De Fre­itas found the equal­is­ing goal in the 13th minute and af­ter a pe­ri­od of sus­tained pres­sure, the Law­men went 2-1 ahead from Keion Wil­son’s 63rd-minute item, ef­fec­tive­ly putting Po­lice in the dri­ver’s seat.

The win, how­ev­er, was sealed when De Fre­itas added his sec­ond goal of the match in the 81st minute.

At the La Hor­quet­ta Recre­ation Ground, Keron Cum­mings scored a dou­ble as home team Ter­minix La Hor­quet­ta Rangers de­mol­ished San Juan Jabloteh 6-0 to move to fourth on the chart.

Cum­mings, who has been lob­by­ing for a re­turn to the na­tion­al team, may just have caught the at­ten­tion of new na­tion­al coach Ter­ry Fen­wick with his goals in the sec­ond and 24th min­utes.

The Jabloteh men, known for hav­ing dif­fi­cul­ties when play­ing in La Hor­quet­ta, were a shad­ow of them­selves as they con­ced­ed goals at will.

Samuel Delice made it 3-0 with his goal in the 45th minute, while Ty­rone Charles (57th), Kishon Hack­shaw (60th) and Ja­mal Creighton (70th) sealed the win to take their team to six points af­ter four match­es.

And in the open­ing en­counter at the same venue, Cen­tral FC got a goal on each side of the half from Che Ben­ny (7th) and Shakiel Hen­ry (29th) to dis­pose of Tiger Tanks Club San­do 2-1.

With the win, the Cen­tral FC men se­cured the sixth po­si­tion on the stand­ings with five points.

Mean­while, in a lone en­counter at the Lar­ry Gomes Sta­di­um in Mal­abar, Ari­ma, on Sat­ur­day, Mor­vant Cale­do­nia and Cunu­pia FC played to a 1-1 draw.

The Cen­tral men opened the scor­ing in the 46th minute from Ha­keem Legall but with the game head­ing to its end, Raphael Joseph snatched the equalis­er in the 80th for a share of the points.

Scores:

CEN­TRAL FC 2 (Che Ben­ny 7th, Shakiel Hen­ry 29th) v CLUB SAN­DO 1 (Shaq­keem Joseph 43rd)

LA HOR­QUET­TA RANGERS 6 (Keron Cum­mings 2nd & 24th, Samuel Delice 45th, Ty­rone Charles 57th, Kishon Hack­shaw 60th, Ja­mal Creighton 70th) v SAN JUAN JABLOTEH 0

PO­LICE FC 3 (Ka­reem De Fre­itas 13th & 81st, Keion Wil­son 63rd) v POINT FORTIN CIVIC 1 (Kervile Je­re­mi­ah 4th)

DE­FENCE FORCE 1 (Je­lani Fe­lix 33rd) v W CON­NEC­TION 0

Cur­rent Stand­ings

Teams P W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 De­fence Force FC 4 4 0 0 7 3 4 12
2 Po­lice FC 5 3 1 1 8 4 4 10
3 Mor­vant Cale­do­nia Unit­ed 4 2 2 0 4 2 2 8
4 Ter­minix La Hor­quet­ta Rangers 4 2 0 2 15 7 8 6
5 W Con­nec­tion 4 1 2 1 5 4 1 5
6 Cen­tral FC 5 1 2 2 5 6 -1 5
7 Club San­do 5 1 2 2 4 5 -1 5
8 AC Port of Spain 4 1 1 2 6 11 -5 4
9 San Juan Jabloteh 5 1 1 3 1 8 -7 4
10 Point Fortin Civic 3 0 2 1 2 4 -2 2
11 Cunu­pia FC 3 0 1 2 3 6 -3 1

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2020, 09:31:50 AM »
WATCH: In the T&T Pro League, Police scored a big win to climb to second on the table, but the biggest winners on the night were La Horquetta Rangers who hammered San Juan Jabloteh 6-0 on their home ground in Arima.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/x8LLGl2MXwQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/x8LLGl2MXwQ</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2020, 03:32:59 AM »
So when did Stuart Charles-Fevrier step down from W Conn? Is it temporary?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2020, 06:32:02 AM »
Did not know Stuart stepped down from W Conn. So I am wondering, how long will W Connection stay alive?   >:(
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 06:33:33 AM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2020, 06:33:09 AM »
Anybody see my team play yet? The Athletic Club of POS.   ;D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 06:38:14 AM by Deeks »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2020, 10:27:10 AM »

He stepped down since November.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2020, 01:53:49 PM »
Did not know Stuart stepped down from W Conn. So I am wondering, how long will W Connection stay alive?   >:(

Thinking it going the way of Joe Public?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2020, 01:54:42 PM »

Thanks, end of an era! If he doesn't get a NT position I figure he'd go back like he did last time?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2020, 01:59:08 PM »

Thanks, end of an era! If he doesn't get a NT position I figure he'd go back like he did last time?

He hasn't left W Connection. Just a modification in role AFAIK.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2020, 08:43:52 AM »
Defence Force stay perfect while Rangers rout Jabloteh.
By Sherdon Pierre (Newsday).

DEFENCE Force secured a narrow 1-0 win over W Connection to remain perfect in the league while Terminix La Horquetta Rangers routed six goals past San Juan Jabloteh over the weekend in the TT Pro League.

Jelani Felix’s lone item in the 33rd sealed Army’s fourth victory in as many games as they top the 11-team table with maximum 12 points. Police FC climbed into second spot in the standing after capturing a 3-1 victory against Point Fortin Civic. The lawmen had a brace from Kareem Freitas (13,81) while Keion Wilson added their last goal in the 63rd and Kervile Jeremiah got on the score sheet in the fourth minute for Point Fortin.

La Horquetta Rangers scored three goals in either half to thump Jabloteh in front of their home crowd, at the La Horquetta Recreation Grounds. Rangers’ Keron Cummins opened the scoring in the second minute with a simple finish. Playing in damped conditions, Cummins completed his brace in the 24th when he tapped in a rebounding shot. In the last minute of the first half, Anslem Jackson crossed from the left flank to Samuel Delice who made no mistake scoring the third goal for the home team.

On the resumption, the visitors were given a lifeline when they were awarded a penalty for a handball in the box. However, skipper Nical Stephen’s penalty was comfortably saved by goalie Jabari St Hillaire and to rub salt into the wounds moments later, forward Tyrone Charles’ left foot shot made it four nil for La Horquetta.

At the hour mark, former national youth player Kishon Hacksaw scored the goal of the match and probably the season. Hackshaw won a tackle in his own half and went on a weaving run dribbling past three players before slipping neatly past the goalkeeper for a handful of goals. Skipper Jamal Creighton rounded off the scoring in the 70th minute when he made it six-nil.

In the previous match, at the same ground, Central FC got the first goal of the game in the seventh minute. Forward Shakiel Henry passed a low ball from the left side that met Che Benny and his shot took a deflection to trickle pass Tiger Tanks Club Sando’s goalkeeper Kelvin Henry.

The early goal brought the game to life with both teams going at each other with high pace. However, at the half hour mark, Central FC’s Henry turned scorer from provider with a well-taken shot on top the box giving his namesake no chance in goal for the two-nil lead. Two minutes before the interval, Club Sando’s striker Shaqkeem Joseph pulled a goal back for his team from a well-timed volley shot. The second half saw a similar trend of exciting football but the score-line remained the same.

Cunupia FC and Morvant/ Caledonia FC played to a 1-1 draw at the Larry Gomes Stadium. Hakim Legal opened the scoring for Cunupia in the 46th minute but Cale levelled the score ten minutes before the end of the game via a goal from Raphael Joseph.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2020, 05:49:36 PM »
Yesterday's [Jan-14] Pro-League Results

6pm, Defence Force 1 (Shaquille Bertrand 31) v San Juan Jabloteh 1 (Justin Araujo-Wilson 25), Hasley Crawford Stadium

8pm, Police FC 1 (Keion Wilson 13-Pen) v La Horquetta Rangers 2 (Jamal Creighton 8, Samuel Delice 62), Hasley Crawford Stadium

6pm, Club Sando FC 0 v Point Fortin Civic 3 (Kern Edwards 28, Kerville Jeremiah 61, 72), Ato Boldon Stadium

8pm, Central FC 2 (Sean Bonval 27, 59) v Morvant Caledonia United 1 (Aaron Richard 84), Ato Boldon Stadium

7pm, AC Port of Spain 1 (Rashad Hyacenth 10-Pen) v Cunupia FC 0, Diego Martin Sporting Complex

« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 05:59:13 PM by Tallman »

1]; } ?>