March 29, 2024, 07:01:10 AM

Author Topic: Indian Football.  (Read 613 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Indian Football.
« on: December 26, 2018, 07:44:03 AM »
I was just reading that with the addition of 48 teams for the FIFA WC 2026 that India may qualify,but it's not just because more teams are involved that India may just make it.Seems like their football is improving steadily and to prove the point they recently won the Intercontinental Cup,teams involved were India,New Zealand,Kenya and Chinese Taipei,nobody would have expected that,not us Trinis anyway,I make that judgement by some posts I read here about Indian football.A point I would like to make is the following of football in TT as compared to India...Stadiums in India are almost filled,and support for football is growing steadily.With that sort of enthusiasm,Indian football could equal or even surpass cricket,one billion people,who knows what India can unearth in the next 10 years,our footballers can now feel it's worth it to take contracts with Indian teams in years ahead,BTW their last FIFA Standing was 97 another big surprise.
Well done India!
We have more talent than India but we are stagnant,always having problems with money,players or management,always owing money to coaches or players,we are best at organising chaos.

1]; } ?>