March 28, 2024, 08:01:11 AM

Author Topic: 2019 SSFL & Inter-Col Thread.  (Read 23280 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Naps maintain SSFL lead with 2-1 win
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2019, 09:24:39 AM »
Naps maintain SSFL lead with 2-1 win
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Na­pari­ma Col­lege kept the lead in the Pre­mier­ship Di­vi­sion of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) by de­feat­ing one of its main chal­lengers this sea­son Mal­ick Sec­ondary 2-1 at Trin­i­ty East Ground in Arou­ca on Sat­ur­day.

Af­ter con­sec­u­tive vic­to­ries for Mal­ick which made them the on­ly un­beat­en team go­ing in­to Sat­ur­day's round of match­es, the 2018 triple crown cham­pi­ons led the stand­ings de­spite draw­ing with East Mu­cu­rapo in its sec­ond match over a week ago. Naps got its open­ing goal in the 79th-minute from Nathaniel Per­ouse for the slim ad­van­tage. Mal­ick, on its re­turn to the top-flight com­pe­ti­tion, left it un­til the 93rd-minute to get the equalis­er from Amir Sim­mons.

The game ap­peared to be head­ing for a 1-1 stale­mate un­til the pro­lif­ic Seon Ship­p­ley grabbed the win­ner three min­utes af­ter (96th) to push the south­ern­ers to 10 points, a mere one-point lead ahead of its arch-ri­vals Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege which ham­mered St Bene­dict's Col­lege 4-0 at the Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um in Mara­bel­la.

And over at St Au­gus­tine, vic­to­ry con­tin­ues to elude the home team af­ter it played to a 2-2 tie with Cen­tral gi­ants Cara­pichaima. The 'Green Ma­chine' as St Au­gus­tine has been known over the years, has now drawn three match­es and lost one.

And at Mo­ka Mar­aval, Trin­i­ty Col­lege Mo­ka was held to a 2-2 draw by Spey­side High. Ker­ry Lynch, the Spey­side coach told Guardian Me­dia Sports af­ter the match that his team has been find­ing its own and will on­ly be­come stronger as the sea­son con­tin­ues.

At St Clair in the fea­tured match of the day, an ex­cel­lent dis­play of at­tack­ing foot­ball, cou­pled with a few ac­ro­bat­ic at­tempts be­tween the post by goal­keep­er Josi­ah Perez, guid­ed St An­tho­ny's Col­lege to a 2-1 vic­to­ry over the home team Queen's Roy­al Col­lege (QRC).

And on an­oth­er day, the Tigers of West moor­ings might have es­caped with a wider mar­gin of vic­to­ry as Ju­maane Mc Neil, the QRC cus­to­di­an and sev­er­al eas­i­ly squan­dered chances, pre­vent­ed an al­most per­fect dis­play on the day.

QRC, sup­port­ed by the school's fa­mous rhythm sec­tion, was put on the back foot ear­ly, as Zion Williams, Kai Phillip and Jean-Heim Mc Fee and com­pa­ny were ea­ger to make up for the two dropped points against St Au­gus­tine Sec­ondary in their first game.

How­ev­er, Nathaniel James, con­sid­ered one of the bet­ter play­ers in the SS­FL, gave the Roy­alians the ad­van­tage in the 20th-minute against the run of play.

It came af­ter Re­nal­do Mullings played a give-and-go up the left flank be­fore he cen­tred for an on­rush­ing Miguel Cross. But the lat­ter's at­tempt was fist­ed by Perez but on­ly in­to the com­fort­able path of James to turn the ball in­to an open goal for a 1-0 lead.

The vis­i­tors re­spond­ed with a flur­ry of at­tacks that ei­ther end­ed with shots that went wide or were saved by Mc Neil.

The team should have scored when Phillip cut in­side from the right side but his thump­ing shot was pushed wide in the 33rd minute.

A minute lat­er, the Tigers were re­ward­ed for their per­sis­tence.

And from a left side cen­tre, de­fend­er Clax­ton, in an at­tempt to pre­vent the ball from reach­ing await­ing Williams, un­will­ing­ly stabbed it in­to his own goal to hand St An­tho­ny's the equal­iz­er in the 34th.

Four min­utes be­fore the break the Tigers ex­pect­ed­ly took the lead for the first time from the free-kick. Mc Meil came air­borne to fist out a well-float­ed cross from the set-piece, but it on­ly went as far as Williams on the right side, who fired in a low dri­ve that took a de­flec­tion off Ian Cowie be­fore go­ing in for a 2-1 lead, which they took to the in­ter­val.

Af­ter­wards, QRC came out fight­ing, and the team was un­lucky not to score in the 49th-minute when James spun on top the area from a head­ed-on pass, but his rasp­ing shot was tipped over by an ac­ro­bat­ic Perez. The Tigers cus­to­di­an was again called up­on in the 69th-minute, this time to push over Jahiem Grander­son left-foot­ed dri­ve from close range.

On the oth­er side, how­ev­er, it was Tigers who saw clear cut chances from Williams, Phillip and Sowande Pri­eto foiled by the QRC goal­keep­er.

SAT­UR­DAY'S SS­FL RE­SULTS

St An­tho­ny's 2 (Ian Cowie, OG Don­nell Clax­ton) vs QRC 1 (Nathaniel James)
St Au­gus­tine 2 vs Cara­pichaima 2
Na­pari­ma 2 (Nathaniel Per­ouse 79th, Seon Ship­p­ley 96th) vs Mal­ick 1 (Amir Sim­mons)
Trin­i­ty East 1 (Je­re­mi­ah Williams) vs San Juan 1
Trin­i­ty Mo­ka 2 (Jardel Mitchell 6th, Menes Jahra 42nd) vs Spey­side 2 (Dil­lion Beck­les, Ronal­do Samuel)
Pre­sen­ta­tion (San­Fer­nan­do) 4 vs St Bene­dict's 0
Pleas­antville 2 vs CIC 0

Lat­est Shell/FCB SS­FL Pre­mier­ship Di­vi­sion

Team*P*W*D*L*F*A*GD*Pts

1*Na­pari­ma*4*3*1*0*10*3*7*10
2*Pre­sen­ta­tion*4*3*0*1*14*2*12*9
3*St. An­tho­ny's*3*2*1*0*10*3*7*7
4*Mal­ick*3*2*0*1*8*3*5*6
5*Pleas­antville*4*2*0*2*6*6*0*6
6*QRC*4*2*0*2*8*11*-3*6
7*East Mu­cu­rapo*3*1*2*0*9*3*6*5
8*Trin­i­ty East*3*1*2*0*5*5*1*5
9*Cara­pichaima*3*1*2*0*5*4*1*4
10*Trin­i­ty Mo­ka*4*1*1*2*5*11*-6*4
11*Spey­side*4*1*1*2*5*15*-10*4
12*St. Au­gus­tine*4*0*3*1*6*8*-2*3
13*St. Bene­dict's*4*1*0*3*5*11*-6*3
14*San Juan*3*0*1*2*2*4*-2*1
15*St. Mary's*4*0*0*4*2*14*-12*0
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: 2019 SSFL & Inter-Col Thread.
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2019, 11:04:18 AM »
Pleasantville keep St Mary’s winless.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday).

Naps stay top in SSFL Premier Division…

PLEASANTVILLE soared into the top five of the standings with a 2-0 win over St Mary's at the latter's school ground in St Clair, when round four matches in the 2019 Shell/First Citizens Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Premier Division were held, yesterday.

Pleasantville, sitting in tenth place in the 15-team table before yesterday, climbed to fifth place behind a strong first half performance led by striker Alemo Sampson.

Sampson got the first clearcut chance on goal in the tenth minute, but his low shot went just wide of the goalpost. Pleasantville played with energy in the opening stages creating a number of chances on goal, keeping St Mary's goalkeeper Jordan Bedaisee busy. Bedaisee was aided by his defenders as a corner kick by Pleasantville was cleared off the line.

Pleasantville put constant pressure on the St Mary's defenders. In the 15th minute, Sampson stole the ball from the St Mary's defence, but Pleasantville failed to capitalise. Minutes later, Emanuel Mohammed failed to convert a header after some solid play on the right side, before Sampson gave Pleasantville a deserved lead in the 27th minute when he ran onto a cross from the right side and slotted home.

In the 31st minute, St Mary's got their first decent chance on goal but an effort from outside the box from Tyrique Huggins went over the crossbar.

Mark Hernandez made it 2-0 for Pleasantville in the 35th minute. A pass from half-line was floated into the box and after St Mary's failed to clear the ball Hernandez pounced and he slotted home past the advancing Bedaisee. Pleasantville held their 2-0 lead until half-time.

Both teams lacked attacking creativity in the early stages of the second half as the home supporters tried their best to encourage their players. By the midway point of the second half, St Mary's were showing more fight and won a number of corner kicks but could not find the back of the net. Pleasantville were a bit lacklustre in the second half, but their defence still forced St Mary's to attempt a lot of long passes that were easily dealt with.

St Mary's created some chances in the closing stages, but it was Pleasantville who held on for the 2-0 win. St Mary's are at the bottom of the standings with four losses from as many matches.

Next door at Queen's Royal College (QRC), the home team fell 2-1 to fellow North Zone team St Anthony's. Nathaniel James gave QRC the lead in the 19th minute when he converted a close range effort after a low cross. St Anthony's equalised in the 34th minute when Donovan Claxton scored an own goal when he attempted to clear the ball. The St Anthony's "Tigers" took the lead when a shot was deflected into the goal by Ian Cowie in the 40th minute. The goals dried up in the second half as both teams failed to score. St Anthony's are now in third place and QRC are sixth.

At the Trinity College East Ground in Trincity, defending champions Naparima got past Malick 2-1 to maintain their lead at the top of the table. Second placed Presentation San Fernando stayed one point behind Naparima with a 4-0 victory over St Benedict's at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella.

OTHER RESULTS

Trinity College Moka 2, Speyside High School 2 (Deleon Beckles, Ronaldo Samuel) at Moka;

St Augustine Secondary 2 (Tyrese Spicer 78 FK, 81), Carapichaima East 2 ( Jaron Pascal, Emmanuel Corriera) at St Augustine;

San Juan North 1 (Malik Ferrier 21), Trinity East 1 (Jeremiah Williams 12) at Bourg Mulatresse;

Queen’s Royal College 1 (Nathaniel James), St Anthony’s College 2 at QRC;

St Benedict’s College 0, Presentation College (San F’do) 4 (Jaiye Sheppard, Aleem Barclay, Jardel Sinclair, Kassidy Davidson) at Mannie Ramjohn Stadium;

Malick Secondary 1 (Amir Simmons 90+3 pen), Naparima College 2 (Nathaniel Perouse 79, Seon Shippley 90+6) at Trincity;

St Mary’s College 0, Pleasantville Secondary 2 at Serpentine Road.

Mucurapo East are on a bye.

Upcoming Fixtures

(Wednesday 25 September)
[All games start at 3.30pm]

Presentation (San F’do) v Mucurapo East at Mannie Ramjohn;

St Mary’s College v Malick Secondary at Serpentine Road;

Speyside Secondary v QRC at Speyside;

Naparima College v St Augustine Secondary at Lewis Street;

San Juan North v Trinity Moka at Bourg Mulatresse;

St Anthony’s College v Trinity East at Westmoorings;

Carapichaima East v Pleasantville Secondary at Carapichaima;

St Benedict’s College are on a bye

« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 11:06:22 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2019, 12:42:14 AM »
Naps just keep on winning.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Na­pari­ma Col­lege con­tin­ued its win­ning form and the top po­si­tion in the Pre­mier­ship Di­vi­sion of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) by edg­ing St Au­gus­tine 3-2 at the team's Lewis Street ground in San Fer­nan­do on Wednes­day.

The An­gus Eve-coached school, one of just two un­beat­en teams so far, went un­der to the win­less vis­i­tors, com­mon­ly called, the Green Ma­chine when Tyrese Spicer con­vert­ed from the penal­ty spot in the 21st minute, from an ear­li­er foul that he drew.

The team took that 1-0 ad­van­tage in­to the dress­ing room at the half-time in­ter­val, be­fore the triple crown win­ners came storm­ing back at the re­sump­tion in what was an ex­cit­ing sec­ond-half that saw four goals scored.

Shoeid Khan drew his team on lev­el terms in the 48th-minute, by find­ing the net, to the cheers of ther home fans. And the south­ern­ers ex­tend­ed the lead 2-1 with a goal by Isa Bram­ble in the 69th-minute.

St Au­gus­tine got a goal from Jardel John in the 71st to knot-up the scores at two apiece.

And when the vis­i­tors thought they were head­ing for their fourth draw in five games and a share of the points, Na­pari­ma spoiled things with an 82nd-minute item from Tyri­ka An­drews to se­cure max­i­mum points.

Mean­while, St Mary's Col­lege re­ceived its first win of the di­vi­sion by sur­pris­ing Mal­ick 2-1 at its Ser­pen­tine Road, St Clair home ground.

Af­ter loss­es to Naps, St Bene­dict's Col­lege, Pre­sen­ta­tion (San Fer­nan­do) and Pleas­antville Sec­ondary to date, the in­ex­pe­ri­enced 'Saints' pulled off a ma­jor shock­er with goals from Ja­heim Ryan in the 21st-minute and Chad Alon­zo in the 50th, to seal the win, de­spite Mick­ell Alexan­der's 88th-minute item.

At San Juan, the home team al­so col­lect­ed its first win of the tour­na­ment, ham­mer­ing Trin­i­ty Mo­ka 5-0.

Pro­lif­ic scor­er Re­nal­do Boyce and Isa­iah Chase got a pair of goals each, and Chris­tom Mitchell helped him­self to the oth­er item.

At West­moor­ings, St An­tho­ny's Col­lege es­caped with a 3-0 win over Trin­i­ty Col­lege East, but the east­ern­ers would have on­ly them­selves to blame for sev­er­al missed chances through­out the en­counter.

With the re­sult, the 'Tigers' main­tained their un­beat­en run in the top flight di­vi­sion which en­sured they stay three points be­hind lead­ers - Naps on 10 points. Trin­i­ty East has just one win from five match­es, the lone vic­to­ry com­ing 2-1 against St Bene­dict's Col­lege at the Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um in Mara­bel­la on the open­ing day of the com­pe­ti­tion, Sep­tem­ber 11.

Af­ter mak­ing the long dar­ing trek, the vis­i­tors should have tak­en the lead from Ter­rell Wi­ley. He was put through down the left side, but af­ter do­ing the hard work of go­ing past his mark­er, the diminu­tive strik­er, fac­ing an open goal, mis­kicked at the last mo­ment.

Soon af­ter the home team set­tled in front of their home crowd and en­joyed ear­ly dom­i­nance of the game. But they had to wait un­til the 30th minute, how­ev­er, for the open­er. Kai Phillip played a give-and-go with Jor­dan Bar­clay in­side the box, which put him on course with goal­keep­er Nicholas Thomas. And with the goal at his mer­cy, Phillip calm­ly slipped the ball be­yond the on­rush­ing goal­keep­er for the lead.

The teams went to the break with the Tigers lead­ing 1-0, and they would ex­tend their ad­van­tage af­ter the re­sump­tion, as Trin­i­ty East con­tin­ued to squan­der chances at will.

Three min­utes af­ter the break Trin­i­ty again with a glar­ing chance to draw lev­el. This time Zachary Baird eludes his mark­er down the right be­fore cut­ting in­side on his favoured left foot, and with his sup­port­ers al­ready call­ing it a goal, Baird's blis­ter­ing dri­ve sailed over the cross­bar.

Trin­i­ty East en­joyed a pe­ri­od of dom­i­nance which had the St An­tho­ny's de­fence re­treat­ing reg­u­lar. Wi­ley in par­tic­u­lar­ly was a thorn in their side. In the 53rd-minute, the vis­i­tors again saw a missed op­por­tu­ni­ty, when Isa­iah Williams weaves his way through a crowd of de­fend­ers with the ball on his favoured right foot but fired wide of the tar­get.

How­ev­er, the team was made to pay, as the Tigers were award­ed a free-kick when Kai­him Thomas was hacked down some 25 yards from the post. Thomas though picked him­self up and skil­ful­ly curled the ball past the div­ing out­stretched arms of his name-sake Nicholas Thomas in the 62nd-minute for a 2-0 ad­van­tage.

And al­though Trin­i­ty con­tin­ued to at­tack in search of a goal to put its back in­to the con­test, the Tigers drilled the fi­nal nail in the cof­fin when Bar­clay cap­i­tal­ized on some poor de­fen­sive mark­ing, by ris­ing un­chal­lenged to head home a long throw-in late in the match.

WEDNES­DAY'S RE­SULTS

CIC 2 (Ja­heim Ryan 21st, Chad Alon­zo 50th) vs Mal­ick 1 (Mick­ell Alexan­der 88th)

San­ Juan 5 (Re­nal­do Boyce 2, Isa­iah Chase 2, Chris­tom Mitchell) vs Trin­i­ty Mo­ka 0

Pres (San Fer­nan­do) 3 (Jaiye Shep­pard 5th, Ad­i­ca Ash 18th-Pen, Jardel St Clair 62nd) vs East Mu­cu­rapo 0

Naps 3 (Shoeid Khan 48th, Isa Bram­ble 69th, Tyrike An­drews 82nd-Pen) vs St Au­gus­tine 2 (Tyrese Spicer 21st, Jardel John 71st)

St An­tho­ny's 3 (Kai Phillip, Kai­him Thomas, Jor­dan Bar­clay) vs Trin­i­ty East 0

Cara­pichaima 1 (Malik Robinson) vs Pleas­antville 0

Speyside Secondary v QRC at Speyside; *—Match postponed

St Benedict’s College are on a bye.

LAT­EST SS­FL STAND­INGS

Team*P*W*D*L*F*A*GD*Pts
1*Na­pari­ma*5*4*1*0*13*5*8*13
2*Pre­sen­ta­tion*5*4*0*1*17*2*15*12
3*St. An­tho­ny's*4*3*1*0*13*3*10*10
4*Cara­pichaima*4*2*2*0*6*4*2*8
5*Mal­ick*4*2*0*2*9*5*4*6
6*Pleas­antville*5*2*0*3*6*7*-1*6
7*QRC*4*2*0*2*8*11*-3*6
8*East Mu­cu­rapo*4*1*2*1*9*6*3*5
9*Trin­i­ty East*4*1*2*1*5*7*-2*5
10*Spey­side*4*1*1*2*5*15*-10*4
11*Trin­i­ty Mo­ka*5*1*1*3*5*16*-11*4
12*St. Au­gus­tine*5*0*3*2*8*11*-3*3
13*St. Bene­dict's*4*1*0*3*5*11*-6*3
14*San Juan*4*1*1*2*7*4*3*4
15*St. Mary's*5*1*0*4*4* 13* -9*3

Upcoming Fixtures
(Saturday 28 September)
[All games start at 3.30pm]

Trinity East v Speyside Secondary at Trincity;

Carapichaima East v Malick Secondary at Carapichaima;

Pleasantville Secondary v Naparima College at Pleasantville;

QRC v San Juan North at QRC;

Trinity Moka v St Anthony’s College at Moka;

St Mary’s College v St Augustine Secondary at Serpentine Road;

East Mucurapo v St Benedict’s College at Mucurapo Road;

Presentation (San F’do) are on a bye.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 12:50:49 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2019, 12:14:53 AM »
Loraine nets 7 more for Signal Hill.
By Rachael Thompson-King (Guardian).

Sig­nal Hill Sec­ondary School's Ce­line Lo­raine was un­be­liev­able as she helped her team romp to a 21-0 win over Good­wood Sec­ondary in the Girls Cham­pi­onships' To­ba­go Zone in the Shell/First Cit­i­zens Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League on Thurs­day evening.

Lo­raine, who has scored in every Sig­nal Hill match, blast­ed in sev­en goals for the leader of the zone at the Bertille St Clair play­ing field, to re­main un­beat­en in the sev­en-team com­pe­ti­tion.

Je­lese Alexan­der was the sec­ond-best scor­er for Sig­nal Hill with five while her team­mates Dil­lea­sia Nichol­son net­ted three and Tiah Crichlow put two in. Ashante Wil­son-Camp­bell, Salati­na Seales, Gamelia Wal­dron each scored once in the on­slaught. The oth­er item came off an own goal de­spite Good­wood's best ef­forts to sub­due its op­po­nent.

For their per­for­mance, Lo­raine and Crichlow were cho­sen as the most valu­able play­ers for Sig­nal Hill while for Good­wood, Caris­sa Cow­an and Di­a­mond Arthur were ad­judged the lead­ing per­form­ers.

In oth­er match­es played in the zone, Bish­op's High and Spey­side al­so had dom­i­nat­ing per­for­mances to earn vic­to­ries. At the Ply­mouth recre­ation ground, Bish­op's High whipped Ma­son Hall, 6-0 and at the Spey­side recre­ation ground, the host team de­feat­ed Scar­bor­ough, 3-0.

Back in Trinidad, in East Zone ac­tion, Ma­he­da Morang and Eve Jones each net­ted a dou­ble to lift Five Rivers to a 5-2 vic­to­ry over San Juan North at the Prime Min­is­ters ground.

Morang opened the scor­ing in the ninth minute to put Five Rivers up 1-0. San Juan didn't stay down for long as Akhi­la Gomez equalised in the 24th. Two min­utes lat­er, Morang put Five Rivers ahead again with her sec­ond item in the 26th.

Jones added a pair of goals in the 39th and 44th, to Five Rivers ahead be­fore An­nia Noel pulled one back for San Juan com­plet­ing a shot from the penal­ty spot in the 54th. Kay­la Ba­boolal sealed the af­fair with a goal in the 63rd for Five Rivers.

Bish­op Anstey East and El Do­ra­do East were al­so win­ners on the day against Va­len­cia (3-2) and Man­zanil­la (2-1), re­spec­tive­ly.

In the North, Holy Name Con­vent's splen­did win streak con­tin­ued af­ter down­ing Bish­op Anstey, 7-1 at the Nel­son Man­dela Park in St Clair, Port-of-Spain. This was thanks to a pair of goals each from Brit­tany Ma­habir, Analeisse Arneaud and Ha­vana Ramdeen. Kai-Marie Simp­son net­ted the oth­er item.

St Joseph Con­vent met Suc­cess Laven­tille and emerged with a 5-0 win. The match be­tween Tran­quil­i­ty and Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral did not play.

RE­SULTS

To­ba­go

Sig­nal Hill 21 (Ce­line Lo­raine 7, Je­lese Alexan­der 5, Dil­lea­sia Nichol­son 3, Tiah Crichlow 2, Ashante Wil­son-Camp­bell, Salati­na Seales, Gamelia Wal­dron, own goal) vs Good­wood 0. MVPs: Crichlow, Lo­raine (Sig­nal Hill); Caris­sa Cow­an, Di­a­mond Arthur (Good­wood)

Bish­op's High 6 (Dar­rionne Hen­ry 5, Ty'kaiya Den­nis) vs Ma­son Hall 0. MVPs: Ty'kaiya Den­nis, Neeshone Rus­sel (Bish­op's); Ja­da Gra­ham, Tre­visia Shade (Ma­son Hall)

Spey­side High 3 (Tyrese Coop­er, Talia Mar­tin, Di­a­mond Kent) vs Scar­bor­ough 0. MVPs: Talia Mar­tin, Tyrese Coop­er (Spey­side); De Shanel Al­leyne, Kel­le­cia Tay­lor (Scar­bor­ough)

East

Five Rivers 5 (Ma­he­da Morang 9th, 26th, Eve Jones 39th, 44th, Kay­la Ba­boolal 63rd) vs San Juan 2 (Akhi­la Gomez 24th, An­nia Noel 54th penal­ty)

Bish­op East 3 (Ir­ma Guisep­pi 29th, Lil­lian Selvon 67th, 73rd) vs Va­len­cia 2 (Patrice Miller 14th, Sharone Canoute 45th)

Man­zanil­la 1 (Aaliyah Trim 67th) vs El Do­ra­do 2 (Moe­ne­sa Mejias 9th, 38th)

North

Holy Name 7 (Brit­tany Ma­habir 2, Analeisse Arneaud 2, Ha­vana Ramdeen 2, Kai-Marie Simp­son) vs Bish­op 1

Suc­cess 0 vs St Joseph Con­vent 5

South

Fyz­abad Sec­ondary 2 (Ja­da Shep­herd, Des­tiny Ed­wards) vs Fyz­abad An­gli­can 0

Moru­ga 1 vs Point Fortin East 3

Cen­tral

Cara­pichaima East 10 vs Ch­agua­nas North 1

Mir­a­cle Min­istries 6 vs Ch­agua­nas South 0

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2019, 12:16:29 AM »
Teams jostle for position as 'Pres' on bye.

It could be a ma­jor toss-up for the sec­ond and third po­si­tions in the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) as the cur­rent sec­ond-place hold­ers Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege (San Fer­nan­do) is on a bye on Sat­ur­day.

The stand­ings at the start of round six of the tour­na­ment sees cur­rent cham­pi­ons of the League, South Zone In­ter­col and Na­tion­al In­ter­col, Na­pari­ma Col­lege in the top spot on 13 points, a po­si­tion that could on­ly be over-tak­en, on goal-dif­fer­ence, by third-place St An­tho­ny's Col­lege (10 points), which faces 12th-place Trin­i­ty Col­lege Mo­ka in Mar­aval.

Na­pari­ma, on the oth­er hand, will be up against sixth-place Pleas­antville Sec­ondary, away. Naps en­ter af­ter a hard-fought 3-2 win against St Au­gus­tine while Pleas­antville will have to build from the bot­tom af­ter a 0-1 loss to Cara­pichaima.

But while the foot­ball pun­dits may pre­dict a vic­to­ry for the 'Tigers' of St An­tho­ny's this af­ter­noon, Mal­ick Sec­ondary, who is des­per­ate to make an im­pact that will keep them in the top-flight tour­na­ment, will have a tricky test away to Cara­pichaima.

Cara­pichaima, known as 'Caps', is one of on­ly three un­beat­en teams in the tour­na­ment to date, and will not be in a mood to spoil their record par­tic­u­lar­ly at home.

on Fri­day, Cara­pichaima man­ag­er Ash­bert Charles said they will not be tak­ing Mal­ick for grant­ed, say­ing "We will play them as we play any oth­er team."

The Caps team has been built on a steady de­fen­sive struc­ture that will be mar­shalled by Na­tion­al un­der-15 cen­tral de­fend­er Jaron Pas­cal, and aid­ed by an equal­ly stur­dy Bran­don St Clair, a play­er who has been with their pro­gramme for the past years and has now ma­tured, Charles said.

Ac­cord­ing to Charles, "With the steadi­ness of their de­fence, it al­lows our at­tack­ing play­ers to ex­press them­selves up­front. What we can­not af­ford to do is drop any points, which will al­low us to keep pace with the lead­ers."

With Mal­ick falling in their last en­counter to low­ly St Mary's Col­lege, the Cara­pichaima back­line could al­so fea­ture an­oth­er strong de­fend­er in Keilon Bur­nette, who can al­so be used in the at­tack, if coach Nicholas Gopaul re­quires.

A win for the Cen­tral team will take them to 11 points, while Mal­ick (6 points) can on­ly move to nine, where they can be chal­lenged by North Zone gi­ants Queen's Roy­al Col­lege (QRC) and Pleas­antville Sec­ondary, both al­so on six points head­ing in­to to­day's round of match­es.

But the Roy­alians, af­ter a long rest pe­ri­od that was made pos­si­ble by the pas­sage of Trop­i­cal Storm Karen, will be fresh at home when they face a bruised San Juan North Sec­ondary, whose lone con­so­la­tion win to date, came from low­ly Trin­i­ty Mo­ka 5-0 on Wednes­day.

The Roy­alians, un­der coach Nigel Groves­nor, how­ev­er, will at­tempt to re­bound from a 1-2 loss to the Tigers, and would need the dan­ger­ous Nathaniel James, Jahiem Grander­son, Miguel Cross and Bri­an Arm­strong to be at their best.

San Juan will be hop­ing that strik­ers Re­nal­do Boyce and Isa­iah Chase, who both scored a brace on Wednes­day, can lead their team to­day. All match­es be­gin at 3:30 pm.

SAT­UR­DAY'S MATCH­ES

Trin­i­ty East vs Spey­side @Trin­i­ty East

Cara­pichaima vs Mal­ick @Cara­pichaima

Pleas­antville vs Na­pari­ma @ Man­nie Ramjohn

QRC vs San Juan @ QRC

Trin­i­ty Mo­ka vs St An­tho­ny's @ Mo­ka

St Mary's Col­lege vs St Au­gus­tine @ CIC Grd

East Mu­cu­rapo vs St Bene­dict's @ Fa­ti­ma

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2019, 12:38:39 AM »
Tigers closing in on leaders Naps.
By Keith Clement (Guardian).

It was a day full of dra­ma for three teams on Sat­ur­day, among them reign­ing cham­pi­ons Na­pari­ma Col­lege who dropped two vi­tal points against Pleas­antville Sec­ondary as ac­tion in the Pre­mier­ship Di­vi­sion of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) con­tin­ued at var­i­ous venues across the coun­try.

Mean­while, the Tigers of St An­tho­ny’s Col­lege made the loud­est roar when they ham­mered Trin­i­ty Col­lege Mo­ka 5-1 in Mar­aval to keep the pres­sure on the ti­tle favourites Na­pari­ma and move up to sec­ond place on 13 points, one shy of Naps and two ahead Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege (San Fer­nan­do), who were on a bye. The top four teams are sep­a­rat­ed by three points.

AT MO­KA, MAR­AVAL: Kai Phillip helped him­self to a beaver-trick af­ter he opened the scor­ing for the vis­i­tors in the fourth minute and team-mate Kai­him Thomas made it 2-0 at half­time. Phillip then re­turned to score three times in the sec­ond half to hand hosts Trin­i­ty their fourth loss in six match­es.

AT QRC GROUNDS, ST CLAIR: San Juan Sec­ondary con­tin­ued their march up the 15-team stand­ing be­hind a sec­ond-half hat-trick from cap­tain Ronal­do Boyce af­ter Daniel Best gave them a 1-0 lead which they took in­to the dress­ing room at the in­ter­val.

AT MAN­NIE RAMJOHN, MARA­BEL­LA: Naps took the lead in the tenth minute through an own-goal for a first-half lead.

Sev­en min­utes af­ter the re­sump­tion, that lead was ex­tend­ed to 2-0 through a Jabari Lee goal.

How­ev­er, Pleas­antville were award­ed a penal­ty for a hand­ball in 70th-minute and Dil­lon Year­wood re­duced the deficit and six min­utes lat­er Miguel Ce­de­no latched on to a loose ball from a cross and un­leashed a shot from about 12-me­tres out and the scores were lev­elled. The teams bat­tled hard and ag­gres­sive­ly in search of the go-ahead goal but it nev­er came and the points were shared.

AT CARA­PICHAMIA: The hosts jumped out to a 1-0 lead via an own-goal from the vis­i­tors in the eighth-minute, but Mal­ick evened the scores thanks to Jadell Ag­illeira. How­ev­er, in the 88th minute Keilon Bur­nett con­vert­ed a penal­ty for a hand­ball and the hosts held on to se­cure all three points.

AT TRINCI­TY: Spey­side were per­haps the biggest win­ners on the day af­ter they took the fight to the home team in an ex­cit­ing match which saw sev­er­al easy scor­ing op­por­tu­ni­ties wast­ed. Af­ter Trin­i­ty had noth­ing to show for five first-half cor­ners and three clear miss­es on goal, Spey­side took the lead in time added on in the first half through Nicholas Sanchez. In the 59th-minute, Rober­to John­son’s head­er made it 2-0 for the To­bag­o­nions.

Trin­i­ty East sal­vaged a lit­tle pride with a con­so­la­tion item from Je­maul Ass­ing in the dy­ing stages.

YES­TER­DAY’S RE­SULTS

SPEY­SIDE 2 (Rober­to John­son, Nicholas Sanchez) v TRIN­I­TY EAST 1 (Je­maul Ass­ing)

CARA­PICHAIMA 2 (Own-goal, Keilon Bur­nett) v MAL­ICK 1 (Jadell Ag­illeira)

PLEAS­ANTVILLE 2 (Dil­lon Year­wood, Miguel Ce­de­no) v NA­PARI­MA 2 (OG, Jabari Lee)

SAN JUAN 4 (SARonal­do Boyce 3, Daniel Best) v QRC 0

ST AN­THO­NY’S 5 (Kai Phillip 4, Kai­him Thomas 1) v TRIN­I­TY MO­KA 1

CIC 1 v ST AU­GUS­TINE 1

EAST MU­CU­RAPO 2 (Daniel David, Aaron Roberts) v ST BENE­DICT’S 0

LAT­EST STAND­ING

Teams   P   W   L   D   GF   GA   GD   PTS
1. Na­pari­ma Col­lege   6   4   0   2   15   7   +8   14
2. St. An­tho­ny’s Col­lege   5   4   0   1   18   4   +14   13
3. Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege   5   4   1   0   17   2   +15   12
4. Carapichaima East Sec­ondary   5   3   0   2   8   5   +3   11
5. East Mu­cu­rapo Sec­ondary   5   2   1   2   11   6   +5   8
6. San Juan North Sec­ondary   5   2   2   1   11   4   +7   *7
7. Pleas­antville Sec­ondary   6   2   3   1   8   9   -1   7
8. Spey­side High School   5   2   2   1   7   16   -9   7
9. Mal­ick Sec­ondary   5   2   3   0   10   7   +3   6
10. Queen’s Roy­al Col­lege   5   2   3   0   8   15   -7   6
11. Trin­i­ty Col­lege East   5   1   2   2   6   9   -3   5
12. St. Au­gus­tine Sec­ondary   6   0   2   4   9   12   -3   4
13. St. Mary’s Col­lege   6   1   4   1   5   14   -9   4
14. Trin­i­ty Col­lege, Mo­ka   6   1   4   1   6   21   -15   4
15. St. Bene­dict’s Col­lege   5   1   4   0   5   13   -8   3

RELATED NEWS

Pleasantville draw 2-2 vs Naps.
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (Newsday).

Tigers spank Trinity Moka 5-1 as…

TWO goals in six minutes from Pleasantville’s Dillion Yearwood (70’) and Miguel Cedeno (76’) salvaged a nail-biting 2-2 result against the defending champions, Naparima College, yesterday, when action continued at on Match Day Six, of the 2019 Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL), at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella.

Following an unexpected own goal in the tenth minute courtesy Pleasantville’s Cameron Orosco, “Naps” went further ahead in the 55th minute from striker Jabari Lee. Pleasantville though, continued their pursuit and were duly rewarded for their efforts in the 70th minute as Yearwood found the back of the net from the penalty spot. Six minutes later, Cedeno’s strike sent the home fans in a frenzy as Pleasantville delivered a much-needed comeback.

Naparima however, remain atop the standings on 14 points. Meanwhile, at Moka, St Anthony’s Tigers roared to a dominant 5-1 victory over Trinity College courtesy a beaver-trick from striker Kai Phillip and Kahim Thomas’ on-target strike. Yesterday’s win for the Tigers propelled them into second position on the standings with 13 points. In other matches, a mesmerising second half hat-trick from San Juan North’s Ronaldo Boyce partnered with Daniel Best’s goal in the opening period saw Queen’s Royal College fall victim to a 4-0 drubbing.

Other Results:

EAST MUCURAPO 2 (Daniel David, Aaron Roberts) def. ST. BENEDICT’S 0

SPEYSIDE HIGH 2 (Nicholas Sanchez, Adriel George) def. TRINITY EAST 1 (Gemaul Asingh)

ST MARY’S 1 vs ST. AUGUSTINE 1

CARAPICHAIMA 2 DEF. MALICK 1

PRESENTATIONS SAN F’DO (BYE)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2019, 12:25:36 AM »
Ali hits Fyzo Anglican for 9.

Alex­cia Ali of Pleas­antville Sec­ondary ripped apart Fyz­abad An­gli­can de­fence to score an im­pres­sive nine goals to con­tin­ue her team's per­fect high-scor­ing run in the Girls Cham­pi­onships' South Zone com­pe­ti­tion in the Shell/First Cit­i­zens Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League.

On Sun­day, Pleas­antville took full ad­van­tage play­ing at home, pound­ing Fyz­abad An­gli­can, 15-0, to re­main un­beat­en at top of the stand­ings with nine points af­ter three round of match­es and is yet to con­cede a goal.

Join­ing Ali on the score­sheet was Lat­ifha Pas­call net­ting a bril­liant four goals for the win­ner, who al­so had Aa­lyi­ah Pas­call find­ing the back of the net. The oth­er goal came off an own goal scored by Nao­mi Phill of Fyz­abad An­gli­can, who de­spite los­ing its sec­ond match re­mains in sec­ond place with six points, the same as Fyz­abad Sec­ondary but is ahead on goal-dif­fer­ence, plus-23 to its neigh­bour plus-10.

Fyz­abad Sec­ondary was on the win­ning end on Sun­day af­ter­noon's round of match­es, eas­i­ly de­feat­ing Point Fortin East, 11-0. Des­tiny Ed­wards slot­ted five in the lop­sided match-up and Ja­da Shep­herd put in a pair of goals. Their team­mates Shaqua­na Quam­i­na, Ma­li­na Fah­ri­na, Esi Fe­lix and Sha­nia Bap­tiste each net­ted one in the win.

The oth­er match sched­uled on the day be­tween St Joseph Con­vent and Moru­ga but the for­mer has with­drawn from the com­pe­ti­tion. Un­for­tu­nate­ly, two oth­er schools al­so with­drew from this year's com­pe­ti­tion in­clud­ing AS­JA Girls Char­lieville in Cen­tral Zone and Pen­te­costal Light and Life Foun­da­tion (PLLF) High in To­ba­go.

Up North, all three match­es un­fold­ed at var­i­ous venues in the Port-of-Spain area with the top three teams get­ting suc­cess.

Char­l­ize Hood and Analeisse Arneaud each scored three goals to en­sure that Holy Name Con­vent Port-of-Spain flaw­less start stay in­tact, beat­ing Suc­cess Laven­tille, 10-0 at Nel­son Man­dela Park in St Clair. The win moved them to 12 points from four match­es.

Char­lotte Hadeed al­so sank three goals for sec­ond-placed St Joseph Con­vent to top­ple bot­tom-of-the ta­ble Tran­quil­i­ty, 4-0 at Dibe ground while host Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral (fourth) went un­der to third-placed Bish­op Anstey High, 3-0 win.

Over in To­ba­go, Spey­side came with­in three points of leader Sig­nal Hill, who was on a bye, top­ping host Good­wood, 3-1. Scor­ing for the win­ner, who is in the sec­ond spot on the stand­ings, were Makay­la McKen­zie, Talia Mar­tin and Tavia Skeete.

At Black Rock recre­ation ground, Scar­bor­ough was held by Ma­son Hall, 1-1.

Sun­day's Re­sults

South

Pleas­antville 15 (Alex­cia Ali 9, Lat­ifha Pas­call 4, Aa­lyi­ah Pas­call, own goal (Nao­mi Phill) vs Fyz­abad An­gli­can 0

Fyz­abad 11 (Des­tiny Ed­wards 5, Ja­da Shep­herd 2, Shaqua­na Quam­i­na, Ma­li­na Fah­ri­na, Esi Fe­lix, Sha­nia Bap­tiste) vs Point Fortin East 0

North

Holy Name 10 (Char­l­ize Hood 3, Analeisse Arneaud 3, Brit­tan­ny Ma­habir, Ha­vana Ramdeen 2, Eva Nicholas) vs Suc­cess Laven­tille 0

Tran­quil­i­ty 0 vs St Joseph Con­vent 4 (Char­lotte Hadeed 3, Shami­ka Thomas)

Bish­op Anstey 3 (J Kennedy 2, B Pan­teau) vs Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral 0

To­ba­go

Scar­bor­ough 1 (De Shanel Al­leyne) vs Ma­son Hall 1 (Ja­da Gra­ham). MVPs: Nia Davis, Kaleah Duke (Scar­bor­ough); Ja­da Gra­ham, Seren­i­ty Charles (Ma­son Hall)

Good­wood 1 (Caris­sa Cow­an) vs Spey­side 3 (Makay­la McKen­zie, Talia Mar­tin, Tavia Skeete). MVPs: Caris­sa Cow­an, Di­a­mond Arthur (Good­wood ); Talia Mar­tin, Jan­i­ca De­noon (Spey­side)

East

El Do­ra­do East 11 vs Bish­op East 2.

Five Rivers 1 vs Man­zanil­la 0

San Juan North 2 vs Va­len­cia 0

Cen­tral

Cara­pichaima East 3 vs Mir­a­cle Min­istries 3

Holy Faith Con­vent, Cou­va 12 vs Ch­agua­nas South 0

Stand­ings

South

Place*Team*P*W*L*D*GF*GA*GD*PTS
1*Pleas­antville*3*3*0*0*28*0*+28*9
2*Fyz­abad An­gli­can*4*2*2*0*41*18*+23*6
3*Fyz­abad*3*2*1*0*13*10*+10*6
4*Point Fortin East*3*1*2*0*3*22*-19*3
5*Moru­ga*3*0*3*0*1*36*-35*0

Cen­tral

1*Cara­pichaima*East*4*3*1*0*36*6*+30*9
2*Mir­a­cle Min­istries*3*3*0*0*17*3*+14*9
3*Holy Faith, Cou­va*3*2*1*0*18*6*+12*6
4*Ch­agua­nas North*3*0*3*0*3*23*-20*05
5*Ch­agua­nas South*3*0*3*0*1*37*-36*0

East

1*El Do­ra­do East*3*3*0*0*16*4*+12*9
2*Five Rivers*3*3*0*0*11*2*+9*9
3*San Juan*North*4*2*1*1*7*7*0*7
4*Man­zanil­la*4*1*2*1*6*6*0*4
5*Bish­op East*4*1*3*0*6*20*-14*3
6*Va­len­cia*4*0*4*0*5*12*-7*0

North

1*Holy Name POS*4*4*0*0*29*4*+25*12
2*St*Joseph POS*4*3*1*0*15*9*+6*9
3*Bish­op Anstey POS*3*2*1*0*11*7*+4*6
4*Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral*3*1*2*0*6*7*-1*3
5*Suc­cess Laven­tille*4*0*4*0*0*27*-27*0
6*Tran­quil­i­ty*2*0*2*0*3*10*-7*0

To­ba­go

1*Sig­nal Hill* 4*4*0*0*47*0*+47*12
2*Spey­side High*4*3*1*0*10*10*0*9
3*Bish­op’s High*3*2*1*0*12*6*+6*6
4*Scar­bor­ough*4*1*1*2*10*4*+6*5
5*Ma­son Hall*5*1*3*1*4*25*-21*4
6*Good­wood*4*0*3*1*3*30*-27*1
Thurs­day's match­es (Start at 3 pm

North

Tran­quil­i­ty vs Bish­op Anstey, Dibe ground

Suc­cess Laven­tille vs Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral, Diego Mar­tin ground

Holy Name vs St Joseph, Nel­son Man­dela Park, St Clair

South

Moru­ga vs Pleas­antville, Moru­ga

Point Fortin East vs Fyz­abad An­gli­can, Ma­haica Oval

Fyz­abad -bye

To­ba­go

Scar­bor­ough vs Bish­op's High, Black Rock recre­ation ground

Good­wood vs Ma­son Hall, Good­wood recre­ation ground

Spey­side High - bye

East

Va­len­cia vs El Do­ra­do East, Va­len­cia

Five Rivers vs Bish­op East, Prime Min­is­ter ground

San Juan North vs Man­zanil­la, San Juan

Cen­tral

Cara­pichaima East vs Holy Faith Con­vent

Ch­agua­nas North vs Mir­a­cle Min­istries

Ch­agua­nas South - bye

Pleasantville Secondary’s Alexcia Ali, second from right, has her shot saved point blank from Signal Hill's goalkeeper Aaliyah Alvarez, during the Girl's National Big 5 Finals at Plymoth Recreational Ground, Tobago. On Sunday, Ali scored nine goals in Pleasantville’s 15-0 over Fyzabad Anglican in the Girls Championships' South Zone competition in the Shell/First Citizens Secondary Schools Football League.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 01:34:57 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2019, 12:38:12 AM »
Naps showing stamina out front.

East Mu­cu­rapo climbed one spot up the stand­ings in the Pre­mier­ship Di­vi­sion of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) to fourth af­ter a soli­tary goal by Ja­heim Patrick, as ear­ly as the sec­ond minute earn them a vic­to­ry over San Juan North Sec­ondary at Fa­ti­ma Col­lege Ground on Wednes­day.

How­ev­er, Na­pari­ma Col­lege main­tained their grip at the top of the stand­ings fol­low­ing a 3-0 vic­to­ry over Trin­i­ty Col­lege East at the team's Lewis Street home in San Fer­nan­do. The dan­ger­ous Seon Ship­p­ley was again on tar­get for the south­ern­ers, along with goals from Jaden Mc Cree and Tyrike An­drews which took them to 17 points.

The Dale Saun­ders-led Mu­cu­rapo has now gone two-game un­beat­en, since the 3-0 drub­bing by Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege San Fer­nan­do at the Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um in Mara­bel­la back on Sep­tem­ber 25.

De­spite San Juan's grow­ing con­fi­dence which stemmed from vic­to­ries against Queen's Roy­al Col­lege (QRC) and Trin­i­ty Mo­ka, the team had to set­tle on the day, to a more am­bi­tious East Mu­cu­rapo out­fit trou­bled the San Juan de­fence al­most any­time they moved for­ward.

San Juan de­fence was hard­ly set­tled when a ball bounced awk­ward­ly in its cen­tre, and Patrick fired a thun­der­ous shot that pitched up in­to the roof of the net for the ad­van­tage.

San Juan re­ceived the sup­port of their for­mer goal-scor­ing ma­chine Mar­vin Oliv­er, who went on to play foot­ball in the Unit­ed States back in the 1990s, but it could not pre­vent them from go­ing down in the en­counter.

East Mu­cu­rapo was un­lucky not to ex­tend its lead in the 29th minute. Je­lani Fer­ari stormed down the right flank and de­liv­ered a pin-point cross Patrick in front a gap­ing goal. But the lat­ter, un­der pres­sure from the op­pos­ing de­fend­ers, went down with­out of­fer­ing an at­tempt at the goal.

San Juan had chances of their own in the ex­changes, but it was Chris­ton Mitchell who came the clos­est to scor­ing. The slen­der built mid­field­er picked up a loose ball on the right side, and with the de­fend­ers, Ce­cil Young and De­laney Zamore caught flat-foot­ed in front him, the speedy Mitchell changed pace as he raced in­to the goal area. But he, how­ev­er, spooned his at­tempt over the post, when it looked like an equal­iz­er was cer­tain.

At QRC Ground, Ja­heim Grander­son got an ap­pro­pri­ate birth­day gift from goal to guide the home team to a 1-0 vic­to­ry over arch-ri­vals St Mary's Col­lege 1-0.

But the score­line was not a prop­er re­flec­tion of the ac­tu­al game, as the home team squan­dered many op­por­tu­ni­ties that could prove to be cru­cial lat­er on in the tour­na­ment.

At Mo­ka, Mar­aval, the un­beat­en Cara­pichaima Sec­ondary pro­duced a com­mand­ing per­for­mance that earned them a con­vinc­ing 3-0 tri­umph over Trin­i­ty Col­lege Mo­ka.

Cap­tain and na­tion­al un­der-15 de­fend­er Jaron Pas­cal was steady in the back­line, al­low­ing Josi­ah Hen­ry and Ma­lik Robin­son the free­dom and com­fort to score for the cen­tral gi­ants.

Pas­cal al­so over­lapped in the 38th minute to be among the goalscor­ers in his team's win­ning ef­fort.

How­ev­er, the shock­er of the day came at St Au­gus­tine Ground, where the home team ham­mered vis­i­tors Mal­ick Sec­ondary 5-0, for their first win of the tour­na­ment.

WEDNES­DAY'S RE­SULTS

Trin­i­ty Mo­ka 1 vs Cara­pichaima 3 (Ma­lik Robin­son, Josi­ah Hen­ry, Jaron Pas­cal)

St Au­gus­tine 5 vs Mal­ick 1

Spey­side 2 vs Pre­sen­ta­tion 2

East Mu­cu­rapo 1 (Ja­heim Patrick) vs San Juan 0

St Bene­dict's 1 vs St An­tho­ny's 2

QRC 1 (Ja­heim Grander­son) vs St Mary's 0

Na­pari­ma 3 (Jaden Mc Cree, Tyrike An­drews, Seon Ship­p­ley) vs Trin­i­ty East 0

LAT­EST STAND­INGS

Teams*P*W*L*D*GF*GA*GD*PTS
1*Na­pari­ma Col­lege*7*4*0*2*18*7*+11*17
2*St. An­tho­ny’s Col­lege*6*5*0*1*20*5*+15*16
3*Cara East Sec­ondary*6*4*0*2*11*5*+6*14
4*Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege*6*4*1*1*19*4*+15*13
5*East Mu­cu­rapo Sec­ondary*6*3*1*2*12*6*+6*11
6*Mal­ick Sec­ondary*7*3*3*1*13*13*0*9
7*Queen’s Roy­al Col­lege*6*3*3*0*9*15*-6*9
8*Spey­side High School*6*2*2*2*9*18*-9*8
9*San Juan North Sec­ondary*6*2*3*1*11*5*+6*7
10*St. Au­gus­tine Sec­ondary*7*1*2*4*14*13*1*7
11*Pleas­antville Sec­ondary*6*2*3*1*8*9*-1*7
12*Trin­i­ty Col­lege East*7*1*4*2*7*14*-7*5
13*St. Mary’s Col­lege*7*1*5*1*5*15*-10*4
14*Trin­i­ty Col­lege, Mo­ka*7*1*5*1*6*24*-18*4
15*St. Bene­dict’s Col­lege*6*1*4*1*6*15*-9*3

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2019, 12:35:07 AM »
Signal Hill pushing for Premiership promotion.

Sig­nal Sec­ondary School has been at­tempt­ing to make a re­turn to the top-flight Pre­mier Di­vi­sion of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) and they stand a very de­cent chance of achiev­ing it.

Two years af­ter be­ing dumped out of the pre­mier­ship, the To­ba­go school, win­ners of mul­ti­ple schools In­ter­col and To­ba­go zone ti­tles, has a re­al­is­tic chance of cop­ping the crown in the sis­ter-isle, but Ma­son Hall seems to be their main hur­dle.

On Wednes­day, Sig­nal Hill (13 points) moved three points be­hind lead­ers Ma­son Hall, cour­tesy a dou­ble from Javier King which guid­ed them to a com­fort­able 3-0 vic­to­ry over Bish­ops High School. Shaquille Car­ring­ton was the scor­er of the oth­er goal, but King, for his hero­ics, earned him­self the most valu­able play­er award.

The Sig­nal Hill boys are now in the sec­ond po­si­tion, but they have a game in hand, against low­ly Pen­te­costal Life and Light.

The lead­ers Ma­son Hall moved to 16 points af­ter Sharn Bark­er net­ted a hat-trick to lead his team to a con­vinc­ing 3-1 tri­umph over Rox­bor­ough Sec­ondary.

The ac­tion con­tin­ues on Fri­day from 3:40 pm, in the east, north, cen­tral and south zones of the cham­pi­onship di­vi­sion, as the race for pro­mo­tion heats up. In the cen­tral zone, Cou­va East will be up against Mir­a­cle Min­istries, and Preysal Sec­ondary will have a date with Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege. All match­es at 3:40 pm.

FRI­DAY'S MATCH-UPS

Cen­tral Zone

Cou­va East vs Mir­a­cle Min­istries @Cou­va

Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege vs Preuysal Sec @Pre­sen­ta­tion

East Zone

Holy Cross vs Va­len­cia Sec @Lar­ry Gomes Sta­di­um

El Do­ra­do East vs Man­zanil­la Sec @El Do­ra­do

Ari­ma North vs Mal­abar Sec @Ari­ma Sec

North Zone

Diego Mar­tin North vs Fa­ti­ma Col­lege @Fa­ti­ma

Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral vs Mu­cu­rapo West @Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral

Tran­quil­i­ty Sec vs St Fran­cis Boys @Dibe Grd

South Zone

Point Fortin East vs Fyz­abad An­gli­can Sec @Ma­haica Oval

Rio Claro West vs Princes Town West @Shell Grd/Rio Claro

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2019, 12:23:13 AM »
Prolific Ali drops 11 on Moruga.

An­oth­er scin­til­lat­ing scor­ing per­for­mance from Alex­cia Ali saw Pleas­antville Sec­ondary sealed a mon­strous 34-0 vic­to­ry over Moru­ga Sec­ondary in the Girls Cham­pi­onships' South Zone com­pe­ti­tion in the Shell/First Cit­i­zens Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League on Thurs­day af­ter­noon.

Play­ing in Moru­ga, Ali pound­ed an im­pres­sive 11 goals past the host team in Pleas­antville's fifth straight lop­sided win and re­main the lone un­beat­en team in the zone. In the pre­vi­ous round of match­es, Sun­day, Ali scored nine Fyz­abad An­gli­can.

Her team­mates Lat­ifha Pas­call and Aa­lyi­ah Pas­call were up for the goal-scor­ing ride and sent in a fan­tas­tic nine and six goals re­spec­tive­ly for the de­fend­ing South Zone cham­pi­on. Al­so adding to the vic­to­ry with mul­ti­ple goals as well were Ker­shell Allen with three and Tsai-Anne Fer­nan­dez with two. The oth­er items came from Kay­la Mal­lard and Tayeann Wylie, who each scored one. The pres­sured Moru­ga side was re­spon­si­ble for the oth­er goal gift­ing Pleas­antville with an own goal.

In the oth­er match in the zone, Fyz­abad An­gli­can whipped Point Fortin East, 7-1.

Up in the North Zone, it was no mys­tery who stood out for Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral's 5-2 vic­to­ry over Suc­cess Laven­tille as Se­cret Frances stepped to net four goals for the win­ner tak­ing full ad­van­tage of play­ing on its home field. Kari­ma Charles scored the oth­er for Diego.

For Suc­cess Laven­tille, Shadelle John com­plet­ed a dou­ble but in a los­ing ef­fort.

In oth­er match­es, leader Holy Name Con­vent de­feat­ed St Joseph Con­vent, 4-2 at Dibe grounds while Tran­quil­i­ty and Bish­op played to a 1-1 draw at Nel­son Man­dela Park in St Clair, Port-of-Spain.

In the East Zone, on­ly one match was played and it was be­tween Va­len­cia and El Do­ra­do East. The lat­ter went away with a 4-0 vic­to­ry in Va­len­cia. There was no play be­tween San Juan North and Man­zanil­la due to no ref­er­ees while the clash be­tween Five Rivers vs Bish­op East was resched­uled.

Across in To­ba­go, Ce­line Lo­raine and Ashante Wil­son-Camp­bell each scored a pair of goals to pi­lot Sig­nal Hill to a 4-0 win over Scar­bor­ough at Black Rock recre­ation ground. Both Bish­op's High and Ma­son Hall were al­so suc­cess­ful on the day. Bish­op's edged Spey­side, 2-1 at Mt Pleas­ant ground and Ma­son Hall topped Good­wood, 4-2 at Ply­mouth recre­ation ground.

Sun­day's Re­sults

South

Pleas­antville 34 (Alex­cia Ali 11, Lat­ifha Pas­call 9, Aa­lyi­ah Pas­call 6, Ker­shell Allen 3, Tsai-Anne Fer­nan­dez 2, Kay­la Mal­lard, Tayeann Wylie, own goal) vs Moru­ga 0

Point Fortin East 1 vs Fyz­abad An­gli­can 7

To­ba­go

Bish­op's High 2 (Dar­ri­anne Hen­ry 2) vs Spey­side 1 (Jeleisha Alexan­der). MVPs: Bish­op's Dar­ri­anne Hen­ry, Ab­brelle Baynes: Spey­side - Talia Mar­tin, An­isha Alexan­der

Sig­nal Hill 4 (Ce­line Lo­raine 2, Ashante Wil­son-Camp­bell 2) vs Scar­bor­ough 0. MVPs: Sig­nal Hill - Ashante Wil­son-Camp­bell, Dil­lea­sia Nichol­son; Scar­bor­ough - Nia Davis, Ayesha Lei­th

Ma­son 4 (Eliz­a­beth Ford 2, Ke­le­sia Grant, Tre­visia Shade) vs Good­wood 2 (Brit­ney Den­nis, Caris­sa Cow­an). MVPs: Ma­son Hall - Eliz­a­beth Ford, Ke­le­sia Grant; Good­wood - Di­a­mond Arthur, Caris­sa Cow­an

North

Diego Mar­tin 5 (Se­cret Frances 4, Kari­ma Charles) vs Suc­cess 2 (Shadelle John 2)

HNC 4 SJC 2

Tran­quil­i­ty 1 vs Bish­op 1

Cen­tral

Cha­ganas North 0 vs Mir­a­cle 6

Holy Faith Con­vent 3 vs Cara­pichaima East 3

East

Va­len­cia 0 vs El Do­ra­do East 4

To­mor­row's match­es (Start time 3 pm)

To­ba­go

Scar­bor­ough Sec­ondary vs Bish­op's High, Black Rock

Ma­son Hall vs Good­wood High, Ply­mouth

Spey­side High vs Sig­nal Hill, Spey­side

Cen­tral

Holy Faith vs Cou­va Ch­agua­nas North, Cou­va East

Ch­agua­nas South vs­Cara­pichaima East, Ch­agua­nas South

Mir­a­cle Min­istries- bye

South

Pleas­antville vs Fyz­abad Sec­ondary Pleas­antville

Fyz­abad An­gli­can vs Moru­ga, Del­hi Rd. Rec.

Point Fortin East - bye

East

El Do­ra­do East vs Five Rivers, El Do­ra­do East

Bish­ops Anstey East vs San Juan North, Bish­op

Man­zanil­la vs Va­len­cia, Man­zanil­la Recre­ation

North

Bish­op Anstey High vs Suc­cess Laven­tille, Bish­op

Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral vs St Joseph Con­vent, Diego Mar­tin

Tran­quil­i­ty vs Holy Name Con­vent, Dibe Ground

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2019, 04:37:35 PM »
Pleasantville clobbers Malick 4-1.

Na­pari­ma Col­lege just can­not seem to stop win­ning, and on Sat­ur­day they ex­tend­ed their points tal­ly at the top of the stand­ings in the Pre­mier­ship Di­vi­sion of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) to 20 points fol­low­ing a con­vinc­ing 3-0 vic­to­ry over the strug­gling Trin­i­ty Mo­ka op­po­nents.

Ezekiel Keser scored a dou­ble for the south­ern­ers and Mark Ramdeen scored the oth­er to open a three-point ad­van­tage at the top of the 15-team ta­ble.

Af­ter the match, Na­pari­ma man­ag­er Per­cy Sam­lals­ingh said the score so eas­i­ly could have been 14-0, but his play­ers didn't cap­i­tal­ize on the op­por­tu­ni­ties that came their way.

At St Mary's Ground on Ser­pen­tine Road, St Clair, Mal­ick Sec­ondary found them­selves at the end of a brace from Flex Lewis and a gen­er­al les­son from Pleas­antville Sec­ondary in a com­pre­hen­sive 4-1 loss to the vis­i­tors.

Un­der the swel­ter­ing hot sun and ir­ri­tat­ing sand­flies at the venue, Mal­ick's de­fence was hard­ly set­tled when Lewis pounced for the open­ing goal in the first minute, to hand his team the ad­van­tage.

How­ev­er, the Pleas­antville cel­e­bra­tions were on­ly short lived, as Nick­ell Alexan­der lev­elled the scores with his item in the 4th minute. But the vis­i­tors seem to have got­ten the bet­ter of the fluc­tu­at­ing af­fair that fol­lowed.

Mal­ick should have scored from a build that came from noth­ing. Matthew Con­stan­tine weaved his way out of a tight Pleas­antville de­fence and de­liv­ered for Zion Car­pette on the left side. But Car­pette, the scor­er of many of Mal­ick's goals this sea­son, quick­ly re­leased for an open Ma­made Guer­ra on top the area. How­ev­er, the lat­ter, af­ter go­ing past two de­fend­ers, hit a weak shot that failed to trou­ble a busy Ra­heem Lee in the Pleas­antville goal­post.

Pleas­antville, with the speedy Dil­lon Year­wood on the right side, ter­rorised Amir Sim­mons in the first half. And it was through one of these at­tacks that the south­ern­ers went ahead. Goal­keep­er Jay­don Tay­lor and his de­fence mis­judged a Year­wood's cross from the right side. And when the ball was put back in­side the area from the left side, Nikoli Men­doza met it sweet­ly on the vol­ley, in­to an emp­ty net for a 2-1 lead.

Coach An­tho­ny Samuel's re­luc­tance to plug the gap­ing hole in his de­fence on the left side, made them pay for it dear­ly. This time Lewis, the scor­er of the first item-Lewis, found him­self at the end of a cross, af­ter Sher­win An­drews drove skil­ful­ly past some three de­fend­ers on the right side, and drilled the ball through an open Mal­ick de­fence be­fore Lewis met it at the far post to fire home in the 33rd minute.

Lat­er, Year­wood set up his team's fourth goal, with an­oth­er surg­ing run down the right flank be­fore de­liv­er­ing for Ephraim Brown to tap home in the 43rd minute for a 4-1 lead, which they took to the half-time in­ter­val.

There­after Samuels sought to stem the flow of at­tacks down his left side by mak­ing a few ad­just­ments. But there was the an­swer for sub­sti­tute Hezron Matthews who came in for Sher­win An­drews, and with on­ly his sec­ond touch of the ball, he al­most squeezed Year­wood's left side cross past the Mal­ick cus­to­di­an.

Mal­ick lat­er re­spond­ed with a flur­ry of at­tacks which went off tar­get or were saved by the Pleas­antville goal­keep­er.

Mean­while, at Cara­pichaima Ground, the home team would count them­selves lucky to pre­serve their un­blem­ished record, in a 1-1 draw with Queen's Roy­al Col­lege.

The Roy­alians were un­lucky not to have tak­en the lead from the penal­ty spot ear­ly in the en­counter when the speedy Ja­heim Grander­son was hacked down in the box dur­ing one of his ster­ling runs down the flank. The en­trust­ed Dar­rion Brad­shaw missed the spot-kick. They were made to pay for that missed chance when Isa­iah Samuel fired the home team in­to the lead.

The Roy­alians had to wait for the equalis­er in the sec­ond half from Miguel Cross. Am­nd in a last-ditched at­tempt for the win­ner, the dan­ger­ous Nathaniel James was put through on a one-on-one with the goal­keep­er, but he some­how missed the tar­get, for a share of the points.

And over at Trin­i­ty Col­lege East Ground in Arou­ca, Javonn Gomes scored the tour­na­ment's first beaver-trick (four goals) to guide Trin­i­ty East to a 5-0 rout of St Mary's Col­lege. Ter­rell Wi­ley was the oth­er goalscor­er for the home team.

SAT­UR­DAY'S RE­SULTS

Naps 3 (Ezekiel Keser 2, Mark Ramdeen) vs Trin­i­ty Mo­ka 0

Cara­pichaima 1 (Isa­iah Samuel) vs QRC 1 (Miguel Cross)

St An­tho­ny's 2 (Zion Williams, Dar­rius Dou­glas) vs East Mu­cu­rapo 2 (Zion Mc Leod, De­lany Zamore)

St Bene­dict's 1 (Ac­k­eem Ma­son) vs Spey­side 0

Trin­i­ty East 5 (Javonn Gomes 4, Ter­rell Wi­ley) vs CIC 0

Pres 2 (Jaiye Shep­pard, Ac­k­eel Ja­cob) vs San Juan 1

Pleas­antville Sec 4 (Flex Lewis 2, Nikoli Men­doza, Ephraim Brown) vs Mal­ick 1 (Nick­ell Alexan­der)

LAT­EST STAND­INGS

Teams*P*W*D*L*GF*GA*GD*PTS
1*Na­pari­ma Col­lege*8*6*2*0*21*8*+13*20
2*St. An­tho­ny’s Col­lege*7*5*2*0*22*7*+15*17
3*Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege*7*5*1*1*21*5*+16*16
4*Cara­pichaima East*7*4*3*0*12*7*+5*15
5*East Mu­cu­rapo Sec­ondary*7*3*3*1*14*8*+6*12
6*Pleas­antville Sec­ondary*7*3*1*3*12*10*2*10
7*Queen’s Roy­al Col­lege*7*3*1*3*10*16*-6*10
8*Mal­ick Sec­ondary*7*3*0*4*13*12*1*9
9*Trin­i­ty Col­lege East*7*2*2*3*12*11*1*8
10*Spey­side High School*7*2*2*3*9*19*-10*8
11*San Juan North Sec­ondary*7*2*1*4*12*7*+5*7
12*St. Au­gus­tine Sec­ondary*7*1*4*2*14*13*1*7
13*St. Bene­dict’s Col­lege*7*2*0*5*7*15*-8*6
14*St. Mary’s Col­lege*8*1*1*6*5*20*-15*4
15*Trin­i­ty Col­lege, Mo­ka*8*1*1*6*8*27*-19*4

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2019, 04:41:30 PM »
Naps extend lead in SSFL.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday).

Carapichaima East draw 1-1 with QRC

NAPARIMA College extended its lead at the top of the standings after round eight in the Shell/First Citizens Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Premier Division at the school’s home ground at Lewis Street, San Fernando, yesterday.

Defending champions Naparima, clinging on to a one-point lead ahead of St Anthony’s College, defeated Trinity College (Moka) 3-1 to extend its lead to three points. Ezekiel Kesar scored a brace for the defending champions and national youth player Mark Ramdeen got the other item.

St Anthony’s, playing at the college’s school ground in Westmoorings, were held to a 2-2 draw by fellow North Zone team East Mucurapo. St Anthony’s took the lead in the 28th minute through Kairon Manswell, a lead it held onto until half-time. In the 75th minute, Zion McLeod equalised for Mucurapo, before Darius Douglas regained the lead for St Anthony’s in the 83rd minute. Mucurapo never gave up as Delany Zamore equalised again for “Compre” in the 85th minute to leave the match all squared after 90 minutes.

Carapichaima East Secondary, only three points behind Naparima before yesterday’s matches, were held to a 1-1 draw by mid-table team Queen’s Royal College at the Carapichaima ground. The only other top five team to come out victorious yesterday were Presentation College, San Fernando who edged San Juan North Secondary 2-1 at Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella.

In other matches, St Benedict’s moved from the bottom of the standings with a 1-0 win over Speyside Secondary, Trinity College East crushed St Mary’s College 5-0 to move from 12th to eighth and Pleasantville Secondary jumped from tenth to sixth place with a 4-1 win over the fading Malick Secondary. St Augustine Secondary were on a bye, yesterday.

Round nine of the competition will be played on Wednesday at 3.30 pm.

STANDINGS

Team P W D L GF GA Pts
Naparima 8 6 2 0 21 8 20
St Anthony’s 7 5 2 0 22 7 17
Pres San F’do 7 5 1 1 21 5 16
Caps East 7 4 3 0 12 7 15
East Mucurapo 7 3 3 1 14 8 12
Pleasantville 7 3 1 3 12 10 10
QRC 7 3 1 3 10 16 10
Trinity East 7 2 2 3 11 12 8
Speyside 7 2 2 3 9 19 8
San Juan North 7 2 1 4 12 7 7
St Augustine 7 1 4 2 14 13 7
Malick 7 2 0 5 12 16 6
St Benedict’s 7 2 0 5 7 15 6
St Mary’s 8 1 1 6 5 20 4
Trinity Moka 8 1 1 6 8 27 4

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2019, 02:36:34 AM »
Arima, Fatima battling to qualify.

With ei­ther three or four rounds of match­es to go in the Cham­pi­onship Di­vi­sion of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL), no teams are sure of clinch­ing the top spot in their re­spec­tive zones, to qual­i­fy them for a place in the play-off at the end of the sea­son.

The win­ner of each zone will ad­vance to a play-off and the top three will earn pro­mo­tion to the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion of the SS­FL.

The zones will en­ter an­oth­er round of ac­tion this af­ter­noon and in the east zone, Ari­ma North Sec­ondary, known pop­u­lar­ly as the "Di­al Dy­namos" will fan­cy their chances of re­turn­ing to top-flight schools foot­ball with 15 points from five match­es. Ari­ma will be up against El Do­ra­do East, a team they de­feat­ed 4-0 in the first meet­ing be­tween them.

On­ly last Fri­day, the Ari­ma boys thrashed Mal­abar Sec­ondary 4-0 to main­tain their un­blem­ished record. And foot­ball pun­dits are al­ready pre­dict­ing that once the Arim­i­ans can con­tin­ue win­ning against teams they de­feat­ed in the past, they are cer­tain to en­ter the play-offs.

Mean­while, in the Cen­tral zone Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege, out of the pre­mier­ship di­vi­sion for the past few years, are carv­ing their route to the play-offs. 'Pres' are ahead on the stand­ing with nine points from five games, but will have to pin their hopes on some of the oth­er teams pre­vent­ing sec­ond place Ch­agua­nas North from sneak­ing past them. The Ch­agua­nas boys could fan­cy their chances with two games in hand, start­ing this af­ter­noon when the two teams (Ch­agua­nas North and Pres) square off this af­ter­noon at Ch­agua­nas North grounds.

TUES­DAY'S MATCH­ES

Cen­tral

Ch­agua­nas North vs Pres @ Ch­agua­nas North

Preysal Sec vs Cou­va East @Ato Boldon Sta­di­um

East

Man­zanil­la Sec vs Holy Cross@ Man­zanil­la

Va­len­cia Sec vs Mal­abar Sec @Va­len­cia

El Do­ra­do East vs Ari­ma North @El Do­ra­do

North

St Fran­cis Boys vs Blan­chisseuse Sec @St Mary's Grd

Mu­cu­rapo West vs Diego Mar­tin North @Mu­cu­rapo

Fa­ti­ma Col­lege vs Tran­quil­i­ty Sec @Fa­ti­ma

South

Rio Claro West vs Point Fortin Sec @Shell Grd Rio Claro

Princes Town West vs Moru­ga Sec @P/Town Grd

To­ba­go

Scar­bor­ough Sec vs Bish­op's High @Black Rock Grd

Pen­te­costal Light &Life vs Rox­bor­ough Sec @Mt Gomery Grd

Good­wood Sec vs Ma­son Hall Sec @ Good­wood Grd

Stand­ings - Cen­tral Zone

SCHOOLS*P*W*L*D*GF*GA*GD*PTS
1*Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege, Chaguanas*5 *3*2*0*13*10*+3*9
2*Ch­agua­nas North Sec­ondary*3*2*0*1*7*2*+5*7
3*Mir­a­cle Min­istries P.H.S*3*2*0*1*7*0*+7*6
4*Preysal Sec­ondary*4*1*3*0*4*9*-5*3
5*Cou­va East Sec­ondary*3*0*3*0*0*10*-10*0

Stand­ings - East Zone

1*Ari­ma North Sec­ondary*5*5*0*0*22*3*+19*15
2*Man­zanil­la Sec­ondary*6*4*2*0*22*7*+15*12
3*Va­len­cia Sec­ondary*3*3*0*0*11*0*+11*9
4*Holy Cross Col­lege*5*2*2*1*8*4*+4*7
5*El Do­ra­do East Sec­ondary*5*0*5*0*1*17*-16*0
6*Mal­abar Sec­ondary*6*0*5*1*0*33*-33*0

Stand­ings - North Zone

1*Fa­ti­ma Col­lege*6*5*1*0*23*3*+20*15
2*Mu­cu­rapo West Sec­ondary*7*3*1*3*14*8*+6*12
3*Tran­quil­i­ty Sec­ondary*5*3*0*2*10*6*+4*11
4*Blan­chisseuse Sec­ondary*4*3*1*0*8*4*+4*9
5*Diego Mar­tin North*7*2*4*1*8*19*-11*7
6*Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral*7*1*3*3*10*14*-4*6
7*St. Fran­cis Boys Col­lege*6*0*5*1*5*25*-20*1

Stand­ings - South Zone

1*Moru­ga Sec­ondary*4*4*0*0*15*3*+12*12
2*Point Fortin East Sec­ondary*6*2*2*2*14*7*+7*8
3*Fyz­abad An­gli­can Sec­ondary*5*2*2*1*6*9*-3*7
4*Rio Claro West Sec­ondary*4*1*1*2*3*2*+1*5
5*Princes Town West*5*0*4*1*3*20*-17*1

Stand­ings - To­ba­go Zone

1*Ma­son Hall Sec­ondary*7*6*0*1*19*2*+11*19
2*Sig­nal Hill Sec­ondary*6*5*0*1*16*2*+14*16
3*Scar­bor­ough Sec­ondary*6*3*2*1*27*7*+20*10
4*Bish­op's High School*6*2*4*0*7*12*-5*6
5*Good­wood Sec­ondary*7*1*5*1*7*24*-17*4
6*Pen­te­costal Light & Life*4*0*1*3*6*11*-5*3
7*Rox­bor­ough Sec­ondary*6*0*5*1*5*29*-24*1

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2019, 01:39:50 AM »
Naps, Tigers clash at Westmoorings.

Na­pari­ma Col­lege is sev­en games, or maybe eight due to post­poned match­es, away from suc­cess­ful­ly de­fend­ing its Pre­mier Di­vi­sion ti­tle in the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL).

The south­ern­ers have giv­en a strong dis­play for the sea­son so far, with just four dropped points from two drawn en­coun­ters, pre­vent­ing an oth­er­wise per­fect record of 24 points from eight match­es. But on Wednes­day, the reign­ing cham­pi­on team will face St An­tho­ny's Col­lege, which is prob­a­bly the team's tough­est op­po­nent in the League, and a team that sits three points be­hind them, in sec­ond on the stand­ings with 17 points from sev­en games.

The match is set to be the fea­ture game on the day's sev­en-match pro­gramme from 3:30 pm at 'the Tigers' West moor­ings ground, with coach­es, An­gus Eve (Naps) and Ronald Daniel (St An­tho­ny's) have al­ready said they will re­spect each oth­er this af­ter­noon.

How­ev­er, there is un­like­ly to be any change in strate­gies, as both have agreed to play their own game, and al­low the oth­er to ad­just.

Both teams have shown ex­plo­sive pow­er in at­tack and stur­di­ness in de­fence, and it could be a mat­ter of what is put out by both teams that will lead to a sat­is­fac­to­ry re­sult for ei­ther side.

Eve, the Naps coach told Guardian Me­dia Sports that his team has been qui­et­ly go­ing about its busi­ness this sea­son. He be­lieves his team has been the tar­get of many teams, but they will take every game a step at a time. "Teams in­crease their in­ten­si­ty when they play Na­pari­ma, but they move on to un­der­per­form and get four goals from oth­er teams. We are one of three un­beat­en teams in the tour­na­ment to date and our mind­set is that we will play one game at a time."

Eve said, hav­ing seen the Tigers play he knows it will be a tough match for his team, as their op­po­nents pos­sess a sol­id de­fence and a pow­er­ful at­tack­ing force that's backed by the good coach­ing staff. "They have a good team."

How­ev­er, Eve, a for­mer na­tion­al play­er, now turned coach, said he has con­fi­dence in their style of play and will not change it for any team, be­cause he be­lieves the team should in­stead change for them.

Daniel, the Tigers' coach who is known pop­u­lar­ly as 'Hus­tler' said he will be treat­ing this game and every oth­er game as a fi­nal. "I am not go­ing to make any ad­just­ments for Na­pari­ma. We will be go­ing out to play our style of foot­ball. Let them change their game if they want."

Hus­tler not­ed, "What our play­ers put out, will lead to the re­sult."

Al­so ex­pect­ed to be a bumper con­test to­day is the clash be­tween sev­enth-place Queen's Roy­al Col­lege (QRC) and ninth-place Trin­i­ty Col­lege East at Arou­ca, while third Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege, San Fer­nan­do will host St Au­gus­tine Sec­ondary at the Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um in Mara­bel­la.

The Green Ma­chine of St Au­gus­tine will be com­ing off their first vic­to­ry of the sea­son, a more-than-con­vinc­ing 5-1 rout of Mal­ick last week at their Sty Au­gus­tine home and coach Trevor Spicer will be keen to con­tin­ue their win­ning start.

Cara­pichaima Sec­ondary which is al­so one of the three un­beat­en teams in the league will fan­cy their chances to­day against Spey­side at Spey­side, while at Fa­ti­ma ground, fifth-place East Mu­cu­rapo will take on Pleas­antville Sec­ondary, who moved to sixth on the ta­ble af­ter their 4-1 tri­umph over Mal­ick at the week­end. All match­es be­gin at 3:30 pm.

TO­DAY'S MATCH­ES:

Spey­side vs Cara­pichaima @Spey­side

St An­tho­ny's vs Na­pari­ma @ St An­tho­ny's

Trin­i­ty East vs QRC @Trin­i­ty East

Pre­sen­ta­tion vs St Au­gus­tine @Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um

Mal­ick vs St Bene­dict's @ Ato Boldon Sta­di­um

San Juan North vs St Mary's @ San Juan

East Mu­cu­rapo vs Pleas­antville Sec @Fa­ti­ma

LAT­EST STAND­IN­GS

Teams*P*W*D*L*GF*GA*GD*PTS
1*Na­pari­ma Col­lege*8*6*2*0*21*8*+13*20
2*St. An­tho­ny’s Col­lege*7*5*2*0*22*7*+15*17
3*Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege*7*5*1*1*21*5*+16*16
4*Cara­pichaima East*7*4*3*0*12*7*+5*15
5*East Mu­cu­rapo Sec­ondary*7*3*3*1*14*8*+6*12
6*Pleas­antville Sec­ondary*7*3*1*3*12*10*2*10
7*Queen’s Roy­al Col­lege*7*3*1*3*10*16*-6*10
8*Mal­ick Sec­ondary*7*3*0*4*13*12*1*9
9*Trin­i­ty Col­lege East*7*2*2*3*12*11*1*8
10*Spey­side High School*7*2*2*3*9*19*-10*8
11*San Juan North Sec­ondary*7*2*1*4*12*7*+5*7
12*St. Au­gus­tine Sec­ondary*7*1*4*2*14*13*1*7
13*St. Bene­dict’s Col­lege*7*2*0*5*7*15*-8*6
14*St. Mary’s Col­lege*8*1*1*6*5*20*-15*4
15*Trin­i­ty Col­lege, Mo­ka*8*1*1*6*8*27*-19*4

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2019, 01:37:16 AM »
Naps tame the Tigers in their Den.

Na­pari­ma Col­lege strength­ened its chances of re­tain­ing the Pre­mier­ship Di­vi­sion ti­tle of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) by de­liv­er­ing a lethal blow to hearts of St An­tho­ny's Col­lege Tigers 3-2 at West moor­ings on Wednes­day.

But Naps coach An­gus Eve said it was far from smooth sail­ing for them with arch-ri­vals Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege, among many teams that can­not be tak­en for grant­ed, still to play. The south­ern­ers have now moved to 23 points atop the stand­ings, while Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege takes sec­ond with a 3-1 tri­umph over St Au­gus­tine which took them to 19 points.

In an even­ly con­test­ed match in front of their home crowd, the Tigers set­tled quick­ly, pro­duc­ing an ex­hi­bi­tion of at­trac­tive, flu­ent-pass­ing foot­ball that al­most earned them the open­ing goal in the sec­ond minute.

Jean-Heim Mc Fee was picked out un­marked in the cen­tre of the area, fol­low­ing a neat build-up on the right side, but his snap­shot just whisked past the Na­pari­ma goal.

How­ev­er, min­utes lat­er, the vis­i­tors felt they were robbed when de­fend­er Ian Cowie's at­tempt to clear the ball from a Naps' build-up struck his hands, but the ref­er­ee waved play-on in the face of scream­ing Na­pari­ma fans for a penal­ty.

The Tigers con­tin­ued to en­joy most of the ball in the min­utes that fol­lowed, but it was the vis­i­tors who took the lead in the 29th minute. From an­oth­er build-up down the left side, At­i­ba Lewis found him­self at the end of a neat­ly float­ed ball, but his one-time shot can­noned off a de­fend­er be­fore Shoaib Khan ri­fled the re­bound up in­to the roof of the St An­tho­ny's goal for a 1-0 ad­van­tage.

But their lead last­ed just four min­utes be­fore the Tigers equal­ized. From a cor­ner on the right side that ap­peared to have been over-hit, Dar­ius Dou­glas head­ed the ball back across the goal area for Randy An­toine to meet nice­ly on the head, a sec­ond time, past Levi Fer­nan­dez in the Na­pari­ma goal.

The team went to the half-time in­ter­val at one-apiece, but An­gus Eve's Naps was a changed side when the match re­sumed. Sev­en min­utes af­ter the restart, the vis­i­tors snatched the lead for yet an­oth­er time.

Isa Bram­ble, who taunt­ed the Tigers de­fend­ers for most of the first half, showed tremen­dous pace to reach Khan's through ball, and he skil­ful­ly lift­ed the ball over the on­rush­ing goal­keep­er Josi­ah Perez for a 2-1 lead.

The south­ern­ers then took con­trol of the match, for the first time, forc­ing the vi­cious Tigers to chase the ball for the ear­ly mo­ments. And out of noth­ing Bram­ble's pace help his team go two-goals up in the 58th minute.

The lanky winger was on to a loose ball in the St An­tho­ny's area in a flash, be­fore quick­ly re­leas­ing to Kodel Fron­tin, who lat­er found an un­marked Seon Ship­p­ley in the cen­tre. And with no one close­by, the lat­ter un­leashed a pow­er­ful low shot that beat the Perez low to the right side of his goal.

The Tigers did not give up and was re­ward­ed for their per­sis­tence late in the en­counter. Zion Williams, who had been a hand­ful for the Naps back­line all game long, de­liv­ered per­fect­ly in the 92nd minute for sub­sti­tute Je­lani King to head home. The Tigers then tried in vain for the equal­ize, but it was too late.

Mean­while, at Trin­i­ty East Ground in Arou­ca, Nathaniel James and Ja­heim Grander­son both scored braces to guide Queen's Roy­al Col­lege to a 4-1 vic­to­ry over the home team. And over at San Juan Ground, the home team rout­ed St Mary's Col­lege 7-0, cour­tesy a beaver-trick by Isa­iah Chase, and oth­er goals from Ma­lik Far­ri­er, Keanu John and Chris­ton Mitchell.

Over in To­ba­go, na­tion­al un­der-15 de­fend­er Keilon Bur­nette scored twice to lead his team to a 4-2 win over Spey­side. The oth­er scor­ers were Re­sean Brit­to and Josi­ah King.

(Teams - by wired868)

St Anthony’s College (3-5-2): 1.Josiah Perez (GK); 14.Randy Antoine, 16.Jordan Barclay, 5.Trent Weekes; 11.Kiron Manswell (20.Real Gill 67), 13.Quinn Frederick, 8.Jean-Heim McFee, 4.Ian Cowie, 9.Zion Williams; 25.Darius Douglas (3.Malachi Daniel 74), 7.Kaihim Thomas (18.Jelani King 85)

Unused Subs: 21.Kaiell George, 6.Shurland Augustine, 22.Dajeon Collingwood, 2.Timothy Brandel

Coach: Ronald Daniel

Naparima College (3-5-2): 1.Levi Fernandez (GK/Captain); 2.Thaj Neptune, 4.Tyrike Andrews, 12.Asukile Christopher, 15.Marvin Waldrop; 5.Atiba Lewis, 17.Nathaniel Perouse (13.Jabari Lee 86), 6.Shoaib Khan, 8.Kodel Frontin; 20.Seon Shippley (7.Mark Ramdeen 90 + 2), 19.Isa Bramble (18.Jaden McKree 90).

Unused Subs: 22.Regaleo Holder (GK), 9.Ezekiel Kesar, 14.Molik Khan, 16.Akil Johnson.

Coach: Angus Eve

Man of the Match: Isa Bramble (Naparima)

WEDNES­DAY'S RE­SULTS

Cara­pichaima 4 (Josi­ah King, Re­sean Brit­to, Keilon Bur­nette 2) vs Spey­side 2 (Jelanie James 38, Adriel George 56)

QRC 4 (Nathaniel James 2, Jahiem Grander­son) vs Trin­i­ty East 1 (Jemaul Asching)

Presentation (San F’do) 3 (Jaiye Sheppard [2], OG) vs St Augustine Secondary 1 (Tyrese Spicer) at Mannie Ramjohn

Mal­ick 1 (Jabari Williams) vs St Bene­dict's 1 (Ja­heim Joseph)

San Juan North 7 (Isa­iah Chase 4, Ma­lik Far­ri­er, Keanu John, Chris­ton Mitchell) vs CIC 0

East Mu­cu­rapo 3 (Daniel David, Je­lani Farary, Malachai Ce­les­tine) vs Pleas­antville 0

Naps 3 (Shoaib Khan, Isa Bram­ble, Seon Ship­p­ley) vs St An­tho­ny's 2 (Randy An­toine, Je­lani King)

Lat­est Stand­ings

1*Na­pari­ma Col­lege*9*7*0*2*24*10*+14*23
2*Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege*8*6*1*1*24*6*+18*19
3*Cara­pichaima East Sec­ondary*8*5*0*3*16*9*+7*18
4*St. An­tho­ny's Col­lege*8*5*1*2*24*10*+14*17
5*East Mu­cu­rapo Sec­ondary*8*4*1*3*17*8*+9*15
6*Queen's Roy­al Col­lege*8*4*3*1*14*17*-3*13
7*San Juan North Sec­ondary*8*3*4*1*19*7*+12*10
8*Pleas­antville Sec­ondary*8*3*4*1*12*13*-1*10
9*Mal­ick Sec­ondary*9*3*5*1*15*18*-3*10
10*Trin­i­ty Col­lege East*8*2*5*2*13*18*-5*8
11*Spey­side High School*8*2*4*2*11*23*-12*8
12*St. Au­gus­tine Sec­ondary*8*1*3*4*15*16*-1*7
13*St. Bene­dict's Col­lege*8*2*5*1*8*16*-8*7
14*Trin­i­ty Col­lege, Mo­ka*8*1*6*1*8*27*-19*4
15*St. Mary's Col­lege*9*1*7*1*5*27*-22*4

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 03:17:10 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2019, 01:41:03 AM »
Chase nets 4 as San Juan crush CIC 7-0.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday)

Naps edge St Anthony’s in SSFL…

A BEAVER trick from Isaiah Chase helped San Juan North Secondary to a 7-0 drubbing of St Mary’s College in round nine of the Shell/First Citizens Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Premier Division, yesterday.

Playing at its home ground in Bourg Mulatresse, San Juan showed no mercy as the heavy defeat pushed the Saints down to the foot of the 15-team table.

Chase was the star of the match, but goals from Malik Farrier, Keanu John and Christon Mitchell added further misery to St Mary’s.

The victory meant San Juan jumped into the top half of the standings, moving from tenth to seventh position. In Westmoorings, a battle between second placed St Anthony’s College and leaders Naparima College lived up to expectation. Shoaib Khan gave Naparima the lead in the 30th minute, before Jordan Barclay equalised for the “Tigers” in the 35th minute.

Naparima came out hungry in the second half as Isa Bramble gave the southerners the lead in the 53rd minute and five minutes later Seon Shippley made it 3-1. Jelani King found the back of the net in the 93rd minute for St Anthony’s, but it was too late as Naparima held on for a 3-2 win. Naparima now have a four-point lead on top of the standings with 23 points and St Anthony’s dropped to fourth with 17 points.

Carapichaima East Secondary moved from fourth to third with a 4-2 win over Speyside Secondary and Presentation College, San Fernando jumped from third to second after defeating St Augustine Secondary 3-1.

In other matches, Queen’s Royal College stayed in the top half of the table with a 4-1 victory over Trinity College East, Malick Secondary and St Benedict’s College played to a 1-1 draw and East Mucurapo eased to a 3-0 result over Pleasantville Secondary.

Round ten will be contested from 3.30 pm, on Saturday.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
St. Anthony’s hammer Saints in Premier Division
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2019, 02:37:24 PM »
St. Anthony’s hammer Saints in Premier Division
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday)

BOTTOM-OF-THE-TABLE St Mary’s received another 7-0 drubbing – the second in four days – this time courtesy third-placed St Anthony’s, at the St Mary's Ground in St Clair, when Round Ten action of the 2019 Shell/First Citizens Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Premier Division took place yesterday.

The ‘Tigers’ roared to yet another commanding triumph and now trail second-placed, Presentation San Fernando, by two points. On Wednesday, CIC conceded seven goals against San Juan North and will have to dig deep to resume any possible climb up the Premier Division standings.

In other matches, ‘Pres’ weaned out a 1-0 triumph over southern rivals, Pleasantville Secondary (10pts). ‘Pres’ lay closely behind league leaders Naparima College on 22 points, having overtaken Carapichaima earlier this week during Round Nine action.

Meanwhile, the defending champions ‘Naps’ extended their unbeaten run of form when they squeezed out a narrow 1-0 away victory over Speyside in the sister-isle yesterday. The travelling Naparima fans breathed a sigh of relief late in the second-half as Seon Shippley secured the game’s lone goal in the 80th minute.

Speyside capitalised on their home advantage and looked good defensively throughout the game. However, ‘Naps’ meant business and were duly rewarded for their continuous efforts in the final minutes. The 2018 winners continue their reign atop the standings on 26 points and remain on course so far, for another successive title.

Other Results -

CARAPICHAIMA (0) vs SAN JUAN NORTH (0)
EAST MUCURAPO (1) vs MALICK (0)
QRC (4) - Miguel Cross 2, Nathaniel James, Jaheim Granderson vs TRINITY MOKA (3) - Anfernee Bascombe, Josiah Superville, Jadel Mitchell
PRESENTATION SAN FERNANDO (1) vs PLEASANTVILLE (0)
ST ANTHONY’S (7) vs ST MARY’S (0)
ST AUGUSUTINE (3) vs ST BENEDICT’S (0)

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2019, 08:28:39 PM »
Been trying to obtain updated standings in the younger age groups in the boys' division especially in the North and it's been like pulling teeth!!

East Zone been relatively good for the most part but scores and standings for the u14 and u16 groups harder to find than the MNT looking for a win

why these ppl take these roles and just can't do the basics of updating scores and standings and posting it on say FB or IG (like what the East Zone has been doing)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2019, 12:29:27 AM »
Shippley keeps Naps four points clear.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Seon Ship­p­ley net­ted the lone goal as de­fend­ing cham­pi­ons Na­pari­ma Col­lege stayed on course for a re­peat of suc­cess in the 2019 Shell/First Cit­i­zens Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League Pre­mier­ship Di­vi­sion with a 1-0 win over host Spey­side on Sat­ur­day.

Ship­p­ley got the de­ci­sive item in the 75th minute for Na­pari­ma to push their points tal­ly to 26 from 10 match­es, four ahead of south­ern ri­vals, Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege of San Fer­nan­do which was made to work hard for its three points, in a sim­i­lar 1-0 win over Pleas­antville Sec­ondary with Ad­i­ca Ash, the scor­er.

At St Mary's Col­lege Ground, Ser­pen­tine Road, St Clair, vis­it­ing St An­tho­ny's Col­lege had no such trou­ble as they romped to a 7-0 maul­ing of St Mary's Col­lege led by a dou­ble from Zion Williams to im­prove to third with 20 points and a match in hand.

Else­where, fourth-placed Cara­pichaima East (19) slipped off the pace a bit via 0-0 draw with San Juan North Sec­ondary while East Mu­cu­rapo (18) pipped Mal­ick Sec­ondary 1-0 with Zion Williams 44th minute strike the dif­fer­ence; Queen's Roy­al Col­lege (16) con­tin­ued its climb up the ta­ble by edg­ing Trin­i­ty Col­lege Mo­ka, 4-3 thanks to a Miguel Cross brace, and St Au­gus­tine blanked St Bene­dict's 3-0.

Yes­ter­day's Re­sults

St An­tho­ny's 7 (Zion Williams 2, Kai Phillip, Je­lani King, Dar­ius Dou­glas, Quinn Fred­er­ick, Jean-Heim Mc Fee) vs St Mary's 0

Na­pari­ma 1 (Seon Ship­p­ley 75th) vs Spey­side 0

East Mu­cu­rapo 1 (Zion Mc Leod 44th) vs Mal­ick 0

Cara­pichaima East 0 vs San Juan North 0

QRC 4 (Miguel Cross 2, Nathaneal James, Ja­heem Grander­son) vs Trin­i­ty Col­lege Mo­ka 3 (Jardel Mitchell, Josi­ah Su­perville, An­fer­nee Bas­combe)

St Au­gus­tine 3 (Kyle Car­ring­ton 2, Tyrese Spicer) vs St Bene­dict's 0

Pre­sen­ta­tion 1 (Ad­i­ca Ash) vs Pleas­antville 0

Lat­est SS­FL Pre­mi­er­ship Stand­in­gs

1*Na­pari­ma Col­lege*10*8*0*2*25*10*+15*26
2*Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege*9*7*1*1*25*6*+19*22
*St. An­tho­ny’s Col­lege*9*6*1*2*31*10*+21*20
3*Cara­pichaima East Sec­ondary*9*5*0*4*16*9*+7*19
5*East Mu­cu­rapo Sec­ondary*9* 5* 1* 3* 18* 8* +10 *18
6*Queen’s Roy­al Col­lege*9*5*3*1*18*20*-2*16
7*San Juan North Sec­ondary*9*3*4*2*19*7*+12*11
8*St. Au­gus­tine Sec­ondary*9*1*4*4*18*16*+2*10
9*Pleas­antville Sec­ondary*9*3*5*1*12*14*-2*10
10*Mal­ick Sec­ondary*10*3*6*1*15*19*-4*10
11*Trin­i­ty Col­lege East*8*2*5*2*13*18*-5*8
12*Spey­side High School*9*2*9*2*11*24*-13*8
13*St. Bene­dict’s Col­lege*9*2*6*1*8*19*-11*7
14*Trin­i­ty Col­lege, Mo­ka*9*1*7*1*11*31*-23*4
15*St. Mary’s Col­lege*10*1*8*1*5*34*-29*4

Wednes­day's Match­es
All match­es kick-off at 3.30 pm

St Au­gus­tine vs Spey­side, St Au­gus­tine

Na­pari­ma vs Cara­picha­ima East, Lewis St, San F'do

Trin­i­ty East vs East Mu­cu­rapo, Trin­i­ty East

San Juan North vs Mal­ick, San Juan North

Pre­sen­ta­tion vs QRC, Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um, Mara­bel­la

Trin­i­ty Mo­ka vs St Bene­dict's, Trin­i­ty Mo­ka, Mar­aval

St An­tho­ny's vs Pleas­antville, West­moor­ings

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2019, 12:30:56 AM »
Arima North rout Holy Cross 9-1.
By Angelo Marcelle (Newsday).

SSFL East Zone –

ARIMA North Secondary School maintained their dominance in the Secondary School’s Football League (East Zone),yesterday. The boys in blue, playing at home, trashed Holy Cross College (HCC) 9-1 to extend their lead at the top of the table.

The landslide for the boys on the hill started from as early as the second minute of play. A throw from Arima North’s Emmanuel Hunte deep into the 18-yard box, landed at the feet of Lesean Greene for an easy tap in. Greene also scored in the 30th minute.

Khalil Francis extended the lead for Arima North in the ninth minute, when he stole a poorly controlled ball from Christian Copland deep in their half and slotted it easily past Holy Cross goalie Samuel Paul. Francis got his second goal in the 23rd minute.

The next three goals came off the boot of striker Jesus De Lica in the 11th, 13th and 19th minute of play – the latter being a penalty kick from a handball infringement.

The final two goals were contributed by Christopher Bartholomew and Dorian Jeffery in the 48th and 88th minute respectively.

Arima North play Valencia High School tomorrow.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 01:40:26 AM by Flex »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2019, 12:41:50 AM »
Been trying to obtain updated standings in the younger age groups in the boys' division especially in the North and it's been like pulling teeth!!

East Zone been relatively good for the most part but scores and standings for the u14 and u16 groups harder to find than the MNT looking for a win

why these ppl take these roles and just can't do the basics of updating scores and standings and posting it on say FB or IG (like what the East Zone has been doing)

I tried introducing a software product/developer that is utilized here in quebec for scheduling and reporting, I contacted TTFA and Mr. Look Loy on Flex's advise. Received no response.
I personally spoke to the developers and they were very much interested in a program for TT. They requested I assist them with familiarity of the country program as well as layout and security. I informed them I would put them in touch with someone- a local who is better able to - intending to contact a local socawarriors poster. I requested no monetary compensation or any type of commission.  The developers contacted me no less than 8 times in a 6 month period, as they had not heard anything from either body, and neither had I. I don't know if the TT contacts weren't interested or considered it spam.

The internet based software maintains schedules, weather, postponements, cancellations, results, players,coaches, referees, stats and other full complement of data, for all age groups, regions, sexes in both official languages. Could even include team and individual photos..Results are updated daily by trained personnel across each league, all training done by the producers.

Attached is an example of my son's A league Division 5 page - Melons(intercity house), on same page there are  links which also includes AA (intercity) in our Region - Western of our city. AAA is on a separate as that is inter-provincial. On each page there is room to sell sponsorship which effectively pays for the program.
Click on the different options.

http://www.tsisports.ca/soccer/ligue/l_classam.aspx

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2019, 12:15:14 AM »
Moruga Secondary head to promotion play-off.

Moru­ga Sec­ondary has moved a step clos­er to earn­ing pro­mo­tion to the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL).

On Sun­day the south­ern­ers booked a place in the play-off for pro­mo­tion by thrash­ing Rio Claro West Sec­ondary 4-0 at the Moru­ga Recre­ation Ground to move to an un­reach­able 21 points with to­day's en­counter against Point Fortin East Sec­ondary at their home ground, be­ing their last match at the group phase.

To date the Moru­ga men are un­beat­en in sev­en match­es, win­ning all sev­en, scor­ing 27 goals and con­ced­ing just four.

Andy Joseph, the Moru­ga Sec man­ag­er said the team has been peak­ing at the right time and once they play with their full team to their full po­ten­tial, there are no teams that will beat them. Last year Moru­ga fin­ished sec­ond to the even­tu­al win­ners of the south zone Pleas­antville Sec­ondary which earned pro­mo­tion to the pre­mier­ship, and in 2017 the school won the zone but failed to qual­i­fy out of the play-offs.

"I have to com­mend our coach­es Kemp­ton Du­val and Ke­ston Reveiro. Both have worked with the team for the past sev­en years vol­un­tar­i­ly, and have shown a lev­el of com­mit­ment that led to their suc­cess­es this year. They have al­so in­stilled dis­ci­pline in the young play­ers," Joseph ex­plained.

Moru­ga Sec has nev­er qual­i­fied for the top flight school league but feels this year could be a dif­fer­ence. The south­ern­ers' first match will be against the East zone win­ners which are like­ly to be Ari­ma North Sec­ondary next Fri­day (Oc­to­ber 25).

Mean­while, Ari­ma North, un­beat­en to date, will be up against Va­len­cia Sec­ondary from 3:40 pm at home while in the North, lead­ers Fa­ti­ma Col­lege will have a date with Mu­cu­rapo West at Fa­ti­ma Ground. All match­es be­gin at 3:40 pm.

TUES­DAY'S MATCH­ES

Cen­tral

Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege vs Cou­va East@ Pre­sen­ta­tion Grd

Mir­a­cle Min­istries vs Ch­agua­nas North @St Mary's Grd

East

Mal­abar Sec vs Man­zanil­la@ Lar­ry Gomes

Ari­ma North vs Va­len­cia Sec @Ari­ma North

El Do­ra­do East vs Holy Cross @El Do­ra­do

North

Fa­ti­ma Col­lege vs Mu­cu­rapo West @Fa­ti­ma

St Fran­cis Boys vs Diego Mar­tin North @ CIC Grd

Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral vs Blan­chisseuse @ Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral

South

Moru­ga Sec vs Point Fortin Sec @Moru­ga

Rio Claro West vs Fyz­abad An­gli­can Sec @Shell Grd Rio Claro

To­ba­go

Good­wood Sec vs Scar­bor­ough Sec @Good­wood Rec Grd

Sig­nal Hill vs Ma­son Hall Sec @ Bertille St Clair Grd

Pen­te­costal Light &Life vs Bish­op's High @Mt Gomery Rec

Cen­tral Zone – 08/10/19

RE­SULTS:

Preysal Sec­ondary 0 Cou­va East Sec­ondary 2

Ch­agua­nas North Sec­ondary 1 Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege, Chag 1

Stand­ings – Cen­tral Zone

1*Ch­agua­nas North Sec­ondary*5*3*0*2*12*3*+9*11
2*Mir­a­cle Min­istries P.H.S*4*3*0*1*14*0*+14*10
3*Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege, Chag*6*3*2*1*14*11*+3*10
4*Preysal Sec­ondary*6*1*4*0*4*18*-14*3
5*Cou­va East Sec­ondary*5*1*4*0*2*14*-12*3

East Zone – 13/10/19

Va­len­cia Sec­ondary Man­zanil­la Sec­ondary DNP

El Do­ra­do East Sec­ondary 2 Mal­abar Sec­ondary 2

Ari­ma North Sec­ondary 9 Holy Cross Col­lege 0

Stand­ings – East Zone

1*Ari­ma North Sec­ondary*6*6*0*0*27*4*+23*18
2*Man­zanil­la Sec­ondary*7*5*2*0*31*10*+21*15
3*Va­len­cia Sec­ondary*4*4*0*0*17*1*+16*12
4*Holy Cross Col­lege*7*2*4*1*11*22*-11*7
5*Mal­abar Sec­ondary*8*0*6*2*3*41*-38*2
6*El Do­ra­do East Sec­ondary*7*0*6*1*4*24*-20*1

North Zone 13/10/19

D/Mar­tin Cen­tral Sec­ondary 3 St. Fran­cis Col­lege 3

Tran­quil­li­ty Sec­ondary 6 D/Mar­tin North Sec­ondary 2

Fa­ti­ma Col­lege 4 Blan­chisseuse Sec­ondary 0

Stand­ings – North Zone

1*Fa­ti­ma Col­lege*8*7*1*0*29*3*+26*21
2*Mu­cu­rapo West Sec­ondary*8*4*1*3*22*8*+14*15
3*Tran­quil­i­ty Sec­ondary*7*4*1*2*16*10*+6*14
4*Blan­chisseuse Sec­ondary*6*3*3*0*10*11*-1*9
5*Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral*8*1*3*4*13*17*-4*7
6*St. Fran­cis Boys Col­lege*8*1*5*2*11*31*-20*5
7*Diego Mar­tin North*9*1*7*1*10*33*-23*4

South Zone – 13/10/19

Princes Town West 1 Fyz­abad An­gli­can Sec­ondary 2

Rio Claro West Sec­ondary 0 Moru­ga Sec­ondary 4

Stand­ings – South Zone

1*Moru­ga Sec­ondary*7*7*0*0*27*4*+23*21
2*Fyz­abad An­gli­can Sec­ondary*6*4*1*1*8*10*-2*13
3*Point Fortin East Sec­ondary*7*3*2*2*16*7*+9*11
4*Rio Claro West Sec­ondary*7*1*4*2*4*12*-8*5
5*Princes Town West Sec­ondary*7*0*6*1*4*26*-22*1

To­ba­go Zone – 12/10/19

Scar­bor­ough Sec­ondary Rox­bor­ough Sec­ondary DNP

Bish­op’s High School 0 Ma­son Hall Sec­ondary 1

Good­wood Sec­ondary 0 Sig­nal Hill Sec­ondary 3

Stand­ings – To­ba­go Zone

1*Sig­nal Hill Sec­ondary*7*6*0*1*22*3*+19*19
2*Ma­son Hall Sec­ondary*8*6*1*1*19*7*+12*19
3*Scar­bor­ough Sec­ondary*8*5*2*1*35*8*+27*16
4*Bish­op’s High School*7*2*5*0*8*15*-7*6
5*Good­wood Sec­ondary*7*1*5*1*7*24*-17*4
6*Pen­te­costal Light & Life*5*0*2*3*7*17*-10*3
7*Rox­bor­ough Sec­ondary*6*0*5*1*5*29*-24*1

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 01:44:38 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2019, 12:19:24 AM »
Arneaud keeps Holy Name unbeaten.

Analeisse Arneaud scored twice to help Holy Name Con­vent con­tin­ue its un­beat­en run in the North Zone in the Girls Cham­pi­onships of the Shell/First Cit­i­zen Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League.

Her ef­forts led Holy Name to a cool 5-0 vic­to­ry over hosts Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral on Sun­day evening to earn its sev­en straight wins for 21 points, nine ahead of its clos­est chal­lenger St Joseph Con­vent, which up­set Bish­op Anstey, 4-2 to re­place its op­po­nent in­to the sec­ond spot.

Join­ing Arneaud on the score­sheet were Ha­vana Ramdeen, Brit­tan­ny Ma­habir and Char­l­ize Hood, who each net­ted one for the leader. A win in its next match on Thurs­day against Bish­op Anstey will see them grab hold of the North ti­tle with two match­es in hand.

Mean­while in the oth­er match that evening, Tran­quil­li­ty Sec­ondary nabbed its first win of the sea­son, de­feat­ing Suc­cess Laven­tille, 10-2 with Daniel­la Carr whip­ping up an im­pres­sive scor­ing per­for­mance pro­duc­ing five goals in the win.

There were no sur­pris­es in the oth­er zones in­clud­ing East, South and To­ba­go as the re­spec­tive leader sealed easy wins. Cen­tral's top team Cara­pichaima was on a bye and sec­ond-place Mir­a­cle Min­istries hope to take over the top spot was put on hold by Holy Faith Con­vent Cou­va.

El Do­ra­do East top­pled San Juan North 5-1 to re­main in charge of the East Zone with 19 points from six wins and a draw. Sec­ond-place Five Rivers, which is three points be­hind, beat Va­len­cia, 4-1.

Mir­a­cle Min­istries will rue their missed chance to head the Cen­tral ta­ble af­ter be­ing held to a 1-1 draw with third-place Holy Faith. They are now tied on scores (13) with the leader but Cara­pichaima has a bet­ter goal-dif­fer­ence plus-41 com­pared to Mir­a­cle's plus-20.

In the South, leader Pleas­antville con­tin­ues its dom­i­nance in the zone with an­oth­er huge win, this time against Point Fortin East, 11-0. The lone un­beat­en team in the zone made it six on the trot.

Over in To­ba­go, leader Sig­nal Hill was test­ed by Bish­op's High but it was the for­mer seal­ing a nar­row 2-1 vic­to­ry at Mt Pleas­ant ground. Scor­ing for the win­ner were Dil­lea­sia Nichol­son and Ashante Wil­son-Camp­bell.

Bish­op's, whose lone goal came off a penal­ty scored by Dar­i­anne Hen­ry, slipped to the third spot with 12 points and was re­placed by Spey­side High, which de­feat­ed Ma­son Hall, 4-0.

Play­ing at Ply­mouth, Jeleisha Alexan­der net­ted three goals and Tavia Skeete the oth­er for Spey­side.

Re­sults

To­ba­go

Sig­nal Hill 2 (Dil­lea­sia Nichol­son, Ashante Wil­son-Camp­bell) vs Bish­op's High 1 (Dar­i­anne Hen­ry penal­ty). MVPs: Sig­nal Hill - Tiah Crichlow, Dil­lea­sia Nichol­son; Bish­op's - Akeila Wal­dron (goal-keep­er), Neshone Rus­sell.

Ma­son Hall 0 vs Spey­side 4 (Jeleisha Alexan­der 3, Tavia Skeete 1). MVPs: Spey­side - Jan­i­ca De­noon, Jeleisha Alexan­der, Ma­son Hall - Tre­visia Shade, Eliz­a­beth Ford.

North

Suc­cess Laven­tille 2 (M Dop­well, Shadelle John) vs Tran­quil­li­ty Sec­ondary 10 (Daniel­la Carr 5, Ni­tisha Jules 2, Gabriel­la Corn­wall, Re­ne­sha John­son, Takiya Hen­ry)

Bish­op Anstey 2 vs St Joseph 4

Holy Name 5 (Analeisse Arneaud 2, Ha­vana Ramdeen, Brit­tan­ny Ma­habir, Char­l­ize Hood) vs Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral 0

South

Pleas­antville 18 vs Point Fortin East 0

East

Bish­op East 1 vs Man­zanil­la 2

San Juan North 1 vs El Do­ra­do East 5

Five Rivers 4 vs Va­len­cia 1

Cen­tral

Mir­a­cle Min­istries 1 vs Holy Faith 1

Ch­agua­nas North 4 vs Ch­agua­nas South 0

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2019, 08:55:35 AM »

I tried introducing a software product/developer that is utilized here in quebec for scheduling and reporting, I contacted TTFA and Mr. Look Loy on Flex's advise. Received no response.
I personally spoke to the developers and they were very much interested in a program for TT. They requested I assist them with familiarity of the country program as well as layout and security. I informed them I would put them in touch with someone- a local who is better able to - intending to contact a local socawarriors poster. I requested no monetary compensation or any type of commission.  The developers contacted me no less than 8 times in a 6 month period, as they had not heard anything from either body, and neither had I. I don't know if the TT contacts weren't interested or considered it spam.

The internet based software maintains schedules, weather, postponements, cancellations, results, players,coaches, referees, stats and other full complement of data, for all age groups, regions, sexes in both official languages. Could even include team and individual photos..Results are updated daily by trained personnel across each league, all training done by the producers.

Attached is an example of my son's A league Division 5 page - Melons(intercity house), on same page there are  links which also includes AA (intercity) in our Region - Western of our city. AAA is on a separate as that is inter-provincial. On each page there is room to sell sponsorship which effectively pays for the program.
Click on the different options.

http://www.tsisports.ca/soccer/ligue/l_classam.aspx

I hear you.
Looks simple enough. But getting willing and reliable volunteers seems to be an issue here.
Stepping to the FA, in other countries would make sense, but not here.

Possibly conversing with the SSFL and see if it's feasible as a possible solution.
A lot is put into the Premier division in terms of the admin but other zones and lower age groups are neglected or struggling to grow
Some of the zones are trying their best with next to nothing and it's up to the SSFL (who seems to be one of the more grounded of the associations to make things happen) to continue and pursure these avenues

Example of it is the SSFL East Zone ...they have started their own IG page and are making an attempt to reliably inform their members and the public on the less marketed leagues/divisions

Also believe Sponsors such as Malta Carib and SM Jaleel need to look into this as part of their proposed sponsorship and budget in future years
We have to evolve

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2019, 09:01:48 AM »
Noticed something that's a little concerning this year in the SSFL

They havent made Player passes/card as in previous years which is used by the commissioner to confirm the identity of players

Especially after the madness that has occurred in previous years, this seems like a must!

have heard stories this season of possible questionable movements but there is little any commissioner/ manager can do without something as simple as these passes to serve as a check for players

Lil odd that it was stopped

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2019, 12:26:07 AM »
QRC's Tobago blunder keeps Caps 4th.

Queen's Roy­al Col­lege (QRC) con­ced­ed four goals in the space of 20 min­utes and sur­ren­dered what was seen as three cer­tain points against Spey­side High School in their Pre­mier­ship Di­vi­sion clash of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) in Spey­side on Mon­day.

Coach Nigel Groves­nor said af­ter­wards his play­ers were com­plete­ly drained af­ter a dif­fi­cult en­counter on Sat­ur­day in which they won 4-3 over Trin­i­ty Mo­ka away. "A day lat­er we were on a boat en route to the sis­ter-isle of To­ba­go for the en­counter against Spey­side. And to be hon­est we were well in con­trol of the match in the first half and most of the sec­ond half when ex­haus­tion took place," Groves­nor ex­plained yes­ter­day.

He added, "The guys re­al­ly could not push them­selves fur­ther, so I com­mend them for the ef­fort."

The Roy­alians got a dou­ble strike from in­flu­en­tial mid­field­er Nathaniel James and an own goal to take them 3-0 ahead. They main­tained that po­si­tion un­til mid­way in the sec­ond half when a gut­sy dis­play by Spey­side saw them scor­ing goals from Je­lani James (75th), Deleon Beck­les (83rd), Nicholas Sanchez (85th) and Adriel George (90+3) to win 4-3.

Spey­side coach Ker­ry Lynch said his team was al­ways in the match, de­spite the goals from the Roy­alians. "In fact, we missed a penal­ty in the 5th minute from C'el Top­pin and had many chances in the game."

Ac­cord­ing to Lynch, his team in­tends to win their re­main­ing match­es in the League, not­ing "We al­so be­lieve that we can achieve this. In all the match­es we have played, we were nev­er out-played by any­one, Lead­ers Na­pari­ma scored on us late in the match, oth­er­wise, it was an even­ly con­test­ed af­fair."

Mean­while, QRC's en­counter with Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege sched­uled for the Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um in Mara­bel­la has been post­poned to a date and venue to be de­cid­ed, af­ter the Roy­alians were un­able to make it back to Trinidad in time.

Na­pari­ma will at­tempt to ex­tend its lead at the top of the stand­ing with a tricky test at home to Cara­pichaima. The two teams are the on­ly un­beat­en teams in the League present­ly but Naps will be hop­ing to en­joy home ad­van­tage.

If they achieve this, a win will push the south­ern­ers to 29 points. How­ev­er, Caps will move to 22 points to oc­cu­py ei­ther sec­ond or third po­si­tion on the ta­ble, de­pend­ing on the out­come of the St An­tho­ny's and Pleas­antville Sec­ondary en­counter at West moor­ings.

SSFL Premier Division Result

(Monday 14 October)

Speyside Secondary 4 (Jelanie James 75, Deleon Beckles 83, Nicholas Sanchez 85, Adriel George 90+3) vs QRC 3 (Kadeem Joseph OG 19, Nathaniel James 28, 49) at Speyside.

WEDNES­DAY'S MATCH­ES
[All games kick off at 3.30pm]

St Au­gus­tine vs Spey­side Sec @ St Au­gus­tine

Na­pari­ma vs Cara­pichaima @Lewis Street

Trin­i­ty East vs East Mu­cu­rapo @Trin­i­ty East

San­Juan North vs Mal­ick @San Juan

Trin­i­ty Mo­ka vs St Bene­dict's @ Mo­ka

St An­tho­ny's Col­lege vs Pleas­antville Sec @St An­tho­ny's

St Mary’s College are on a bye.

Lat­est Stand­ings

Team*P*W*D*L*F*A*GD*PTS
1*Na­pari­ma*10*8*2*0*25*10*15*26
2*Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege*9*7*1*1*25*6*19*22
3*St An­tho­ny’s*9*6*2*1*31*10*21*20
4*Cara­pichaima Sec*9*5*4*0*16*9*7*19
5*East Mu­cu­rapo*9*5*3*1*18*8*10*18
6*QRC*9*5*1*3*18*20*-2*16
7*San Juan North*9*3*2*4*19*7*12*11
8*St Au­gus­tine*9*2*4*3*18*16*-2*10
9*Pleas­antville Sec*9*3*1*5*12*14*-2*10
10*Mal­ick Sec*10*3*1*6*15*19*-4*10
11*Trin­i­ty East*8*2*2*4*13*18*-5*8
12*Spey­side Sec*9*2*2*5*11*24*-13*8
13*St Bene­dict’s*9*2*1*6*8*19*-11*7
14*Trin­i­ty Mo­ka*9*1*1*7*11*31*-20*4
15*St Mary’s*10*1*1*8*5*34*-29*4

« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 12:31:34 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2019, 12:26:27 AM »
Champs Naparima clobbers Caps 5-0 to keep lead.

Na­pari­ma Col­lege main­tained its po­si­tion at the top of the 15-team stand­ings in the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League af­ter thrash­ing pre­vi­ous­ly un­beat­en Cara­pichaima Sec­ondary at the team's Lewis Street, San Fer­nan­do Grounds 5-0 on Wednes­day.

And in the process, the south­ern­ers have now made them­selves the on­ly un­beat­en team in the league. How co­in­ci­den­tal the An­gus Eve-coached team is the ones to bring the un­beat­en streaks to St An­tho­ny's Col­lege and Caps, the two last of the three un­beat­en teams, to an end.

Na­pari­ma got a hat-trick from its mul­ti-tal­ent­ed mid­field­er Isa Bram­ble in the 30th, 36th and 52nd min­utes while an­oth­er from Mo­lik Khan, the school's na­tion­al un­der-15 play­er, and an own-goal in the 8th minute, com­plet­ed the host vic­to­ry in front of its home crowd.

Eve's men will now face arch-ri­vals Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege in their next match next Wednes­day as the school will be on a bye for Sat­ur­day's round of match­es.

At San Juan North Ground, how­ev­er, the home team spurred on by its fans fired four goals past Mal­ick Sec­ondary in a 4-2 vic­to­ry. But the win on­ly en­sured they main­tained the sev­enth spot on the ta­ble.

San Juan with 11 points af­ter nine match­es wast­ed lit­tle time in set­tling in the match and the re­ward was al­most im­me­di­ate. Goal­keep­er Jay­don Tay­lor mis­judged the flight of Ka­reem John's well-float­ed cross from a right-side cor­ner, and Ma­lik Far­ri­er head­ed it past him for the open­ing goal in the 13th minute.

San Juan's dom­i­nance in the ear­ly mo­ments led them to a two-goal cush­ion. This time Ka­reem John found him­self at the end of a neat build-up on the right side, and his thun­der­ous right-foot­ed dri­ve was de­flect­ed in­to the path of Chase.

The lat­ter's at­tempt at goal was then han­dled in the box by Haile Far­rell in the 30th minute, forc­ing ref­er­ee Ce­ci­ly As­soon to point to the penal­ty spot. Chase then calm­ly slot­ted the ball past Tay­lor in the Mal­ick goal.

Soon be­fore the half-time in­ter­val Tay­lor picked up an in­jury and was re­placed by in­ex­pe­ri­enced Tris­tan Perez.

Af­ter the break, Mal­ick pulled a goal back from Zion Car­pette from the penal­ty spot in the 49th minute. How­ev­er, Daniel Best re­stored his team's two-goal ad­van­tage in the 64th, when he gal­loped through an open Mal­ick de­fence from Chase's feed, and calm­ly slot­ted the ball past an on­rush­ing Perez to the bot­tom right cor­ner.

San Juan's in­flu­en­tial strik­er Re­nal­do Boyce then pushed his team's tal­ly to four goals, when John out­sprint­ed his mark­er down the right flank and cen­tred for Boyce to turned nice­ly on his mark­er, be­fore fir­ing his ef­fort in­to the roof of the goal for a 4-1 lead in the 73rd minute.

But as the match ap­proached the end of reg­u­la­tion time, Ma­made Guer­ra raced on to a lift­ed pass by Nick­ell Alexan­der in the 83rd and ri­fled it past the goalie to re­duce the score to 4-2.

At St Au­gus­tine, the home team ham­mered Spey­side 7-2 cour­tesy dou­ble strikes from Kyle Car­ring­ton and Tyrese Spencer. Spey­side coach Ker­ry Lynch said his play­ers were ex­haust­ed from hav­ing to play three games in five days.

WEDNES­DAY'S RE­SULTS

Naps 5 (own goal, Isa Bram­ble 3, Mo­lik Khan) vs Caps 0

St Au­gus­tine- 7 (Dwight Jor­dan 23rd, Kyle Car­ring­ton 33rd & 50th, Tyrese Spencer 56th, 86th Joshua Am­brose 61st) vs Spey­side- 2 (Je­lani James 45th, Adriel George 84th)

Trin­i­ty East 1 (Isa­iah Williams) vs East Mu­cu­rapo 0

St An­tho­ny's 1 (Jean-Heim McFee) vs Pleas­antville 0

San Juan 4 (Ma­lik Far­ri­er, Isa­iah Chase, Daniel Best, Re­nal­do Boyce) vs Mal­ick 2 (Zion Car­pette, Ma­made Guer­ra)

Trin­i­ty Mo­ka 0 vs St Bene­dict's 4 (Tyrik Lee 2, Jay­don Grant, Kanye Fran­cis)

Lat­est Team Stand­ings

Teams*P*W*D*L*F*A*GD*PTS
1*Na­pari­ma*11*9*2*0*30*10*20*29
2*St An­tho­ny’s*10*7*2*1*32*10*22*23
3*Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege*9*7*1*1*25*6*19*22
4*Cara­pichaima Sec*10*5*4*1*16*14*2*19
5*East Mu­cu­rapo*10*5*3*2*18*9*9*18
6*QRC*9*5*1*3*18*20*-2*16
7*San Juan North*10*4*2*4*23*9*14*14
8*St Au­gus­tine*10*3*4*3*25*18*7*13
9*Trin­i­ty East*9*3*2*4*14*18*-4*11
10*Pleas­antville Sec*10*3*1*6*12*15*-3*10
11*Mal­ick Sec*11*3*1*7*17*23*-6*10
12*St Bene­dict’s*10*3*1*6*12*19*-7*10
13*Spey­side Sec*10*2*2*6*13*31*-18*8
14*Trin­i­ty Mo­ka*10*1*1*8*11*35*-24*4
15*St Mary’s*10*1*1*8*5*34*-29*4

Upcoming Fixtures

(Saturday 19 October)
[All games kick off at 3.30pm]

Pleasantville Secondary v Speyside Secondary at Pleasantville;

St Mary’s College v Carapichaima East at Serpentine Road;

Trinity Moka v East Mucurapo at Moka;

St Benedict’s College v QRC at Lewis Street;

Malick Secondary v St Anthony’s College at TBD;

San Juan North v St Augustine Secondary at Bourg Mulatresse;

Presentation (San F’do) v Trinity East at Mannie Ramjohn;

Naparima College are on a bye

RELATED NEWS

Naps widen lead in Premier Division.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

Shell/First Citizens SSFL Premier Division

NAPARIMA widened the lead in the Premier Division of the Shell/First Citizens Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) yesterday.

The defending champions inflicted a 5-0 beating on fourth-placed Carapichaima East at Lewis Street, San Fernando, as they stretched their advantage over second-placed St Anthony’s to six points.

St Anthony’s, dubbed the "Westmoorings Tigers", whipped Pleasantville 2-0 at the St Anthony’s Ground, Westmoorings.

Speyside hammered fellow mid-table outfit St Augustine 7-2 at St Augustine. St Benedict’s spanked Trinity Moka 4-0 at Maraval; and Trinity East defeated East Mucurapo 1-0 at Trincity.

San Juan North were also in winners’ row, as they beat Malick 4-2 at Bourg Mulatresse.

Malik Ferrier opened the scoring for San Juan North in the 13th minute, heading a corner through the hands of Malick goalkeeper Tristan Perez.

Isaiah Chase doubled the lead in the 30th from the penalty spot after referee Cecile Hinds adjudged a hand-ball infringement by defender Haile Farrell.

Another penalty, from Zion Carpette, reduced the deficit to 2-1 in the 49th minute, but Daniel Best restored the two-goal lead for San Juan North in the 64th, with a side-footed shot past Perez after a wonderful piece of skill by his captain Ronaldo Boyce.

Boyce netted San Juan North’s fourth in the 80th, with a powerful right-footed shot past Perez.

However, Malick got their second goal in the 84th, from Mamade Guerra, who raced on to a through-ball from Nickell Alexander and finished past San Juan North goalie Emmanuel John.

On Monday, Speyside defeated QRC 4-3 in a rescheduled encounter.

League action will continue on Saturday.

SSFL Premier Division Results
(Wednesday 16 October)

St Augustine Secondary 7 (Dwight Jordan 23, Kyle Carrington 33, 50, 90, Tyrese Spicer 55, 86, Joshua Ambrose 61), Speyside Secondary 2 (Jelanie James 45+1 pen, Adriel George 84) at St Augustine;

Naparima College 5 (Jaron Pascal OG, Isa Bramble [3], Molik Khan), Carapichaima East 0 at Lewis Street;

Trinity East 1 (Isaiah Williams), East Mucurapo 0 at Trincity;

San Juan North 4 (Malik Ferrier, Isaiah Chase pen, Renaldo Boyce, Daniel Best), Malick Secondary 2 (Mamade Guerra, Zion Carpette pen) at Bourg Mulatresse;

Trinity Moka 0, St Benedict’s College 4 (Tarik Lee 4, 54, Jadon Grant 77, Kanye Francis 81) at Moka;

St Anthony’s College 2, Pleasantville Secondary 0 at Westmoorings;

Presentation (San F’do) v QRC at Mannie Ramjohn—Did Not Play

St Mary’s College are on a bye

« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 12:35:08 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Beetham teen shines on and off the field
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2019, 08:17:48 AM »
Beetham teen shines on and off the field
By Shane Superville (T&T Newsday)

IT’S Sunday morning in Laventille, an elderly man flanked by about ten youths make their way to the Fernandes recreational field, along the Eastern Main Road, in the shadow of the company’s industrial estate.

The man is coach Michael Paul, a well-known athletic enthusiast and this is a weekly ritual where he teaches youths not just about the beautiful game of football but also about life, good sportsmanship, being a respectable winner and a graceful loser.

Among these youths is 15-year-old Phase Five, Beetham resident Fabien Ayres, who finds time to assist in the development of the younger talent in his community alongside Paul, his longtime coach and mentor.

Ayres is a fourth form student, at St Anthony’s College, and despite his relatively young age he has already earned an impressive reputation as an attacking defender for his school’s football team. However, he believes he has much more to offer than his skill as an athlete and dreams of earning a scholarship to attend university in the US. Ayres has become a beacon of hope to his peers.

Speaking with Sunday Newsday during a recent training session, Ayres said he enjoyed speaking with and mentoring younger players in the community and wanted them to know that despite their circumstances and environment, they each had a responsibility to improve themselves by realising their passion and pursuing it relentlessly.

“It makes me feel good to be able to inspire or motivate others to make themselves better people. I don’t want them (youths) to let where they come from define them.

“Just because you’re from a particular area doesn’t mean that place should define you. Be yourselves and realise what you’re passionate about.”

Even as he continues to encourage and motivate others to be positive and push themselves towards greatness, Williams himself admits it can be tiring.

While achieving some popularity in his school and his community, Ayres said he has had to face disappointment in the sport he loves, being sidelined at games and even failing to make the cut for a local football club he admired.

Although disappointing, he said these setbacks have fuelled his ambition to make himself not only a better player but a mature adult.

He said one of the more sober reminders of his mortality and the path before him was the death of his friend and fellow St Anthony’s Tiger 14-year-old Luke Williams, who was shot and killed while at a St James liquor store in April.

He said while tragic, Williams’ death was a reminder of the importance of making the right decisions and thinking for himself.

“I was sad for a while. I would just think about it, but I eventually overcame it. It really made me think about what I had and I didn’t want to take any of my opportunities for granted.

“Friends aren’t everything. Your parents are everything, they won’t ever lead you astray. That can happen unfortunately with friends sometimes, so it’s important to know this because a lot of youths tend to get carried away.”

An aspiring businessman, he said while most secondary school football players were focusing on developing their athletic skills with the hopes of having a professional career, Ayres said he was more realistic in his approach and realised that even with his talent, there was need to think about his long term development and often encourages his peers to do the same.

“The future isn’t guaranteed to anyone. There are new players coming out every year and despite how much skill or potential you have, an accident or an injury can happen and your athletic career is gone, so I always advise my friends to take their academics seriously.”

Sunday Newsday spoke with Ayres’ father, Devon Ayres who also grew up and trained under the guidance of Michael Paul.

The elder Ayres said while he did his best to instill values of discipline, resilience and humility in his son, he said his success and achievements both on and off the field were largely due to his own dedication and selfless work ethic.

“He usually has a very strict regime that he follows six days a week. I’ve done my best to coach him and give him pointers during his training sessions and so on, but a lot of it is really due to his own need to be the best. He’s a real warrior.”

Ayres said while he continues to support his son, he wishes other parents in the community could do the same with their own children, lamenting that while coaches like Paul and teachers would do their best to nurture talent and potential, it was ultimately the responsibility of parents to be there for their children.

“It’s something you don’t see a lot of. Even with his schooling, he (Fabien) knows I don’t make joke about that. He goes to lessons, he goes to school and then he gets to play football. I take him seriously.”

The younger Ayres is hopeful that he would be recruited by Florida State University when he gets older and develops himself further.

More than just it’s athletic programme, he is eager to be part of some of the business and entrepreneurship classes they offer and dreams of opening up his own retail store one day.

Some may say this is a too far ahead as he prepares for CSEC examinations next year, but for the 15-year-old student, nothing is too far away as he seeks to claim his own legacy as more than just a footballer.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sheppard keeps Pres in the hunt
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2019, 06:33:12 PM »
Sheppard keeps Pres in the hunt
By Andrew Gioannetti (T&T Newsday)

NATIONAL youth player and prolific Presentation College San Fernando striker, Jaiye Sheppard, scored the Lions' only item in their 1-0 win over Trinity College East during match day 12 in the Secondary Schools' Football League yesterday.

With the win, Presentation maintained pressure on league leaders and southern rivals Naparima, who were on a bye this round. The two teams will play at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella, on Wednesday.

With Naparima on a bye, St Anthony's College made crucial ground after recording a 4-1 victory over Malick Secondary, putting the "Tigers" three points behind in second place.

Presentation College now sit four points adrift of the lead but remain with a precious match in hand.

Meanwhile, St Mary's succumbed to a humiliating 5-0 defeat at home to Carapichaima East Secondary, put themselves further into the relegation abyss.

St Mary's, as with Trinity College Moka, have now won just one of their 11 matches this season. St Mary's's defensive woes have consistently competed this season with an ineffective attack, which scored just five goals this campaign.

Trinity College Moka's loss, 1-0, was to East Mucurapo Secondary's advantage as moved eight points behind, and with a shot, albeit long, of getting back into the title hunt.

In other results, coach Nigel Grosvenor's Queen's Royal College got a much-needed win, defeating relegation threatened St Benedict's 1-0, continuing their form from the 4-3 victory over Trinity Moka a week ago.

Action will resume on Wednesday with round 13. Speyside Secondary are on a bye.

Results

Pleasantville Sec 3 vs Speyside Sec 1
Malick 1 vs St Anthony's College 4
St Mary's College 0 vs Carapichaima East 5
Trinity College Moka 2 vs Mucurapo East Sec 5
St Benedict's College 0 vs Queen's Royal College 1
San Juan Sec 3 vs St Augustine Sec 1
Presentation College 1 vs Trinity College East 0

Naparima - Bye

Standings

Teams*Pld*W*D*L*F*A*Pts
Naparima*11*9*2*0*30*10*29
St Anthony's*11*8*1*37*2*11*26
Presentation San F'do*10*8*1*1*26*6*25
Carapichaima East*22*6*4*1*21*14*22
East Mucurapo*11*6*3*2*23*11*21
QRC*11*6*1*3*22*24*19
San Juan North Sec*11*5*2*4*26*10*17
St Augustine Sec*11*3*4*4*26*21*13
Pleasantville Sec*11*4*1*6*15*17*13
Trinity East*11*3*2*6*14*19*11
Speyside*12*3*2*7*18*37*11
St Benedict's*11*3*1*7*12*20*10
Malick Sec*12*3*1*8*18*27*10
Trinity Moka*11*1*1*7*13*40*4
St Mary's Colleghe*11*1*9*1*5*39*4

Fixtures

Queen's Royal College vs Malick Secondary, QRC Ground
Presentation College vs Naparima College, Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella
San Juan North Secondary vs St Anthony's College
Carapichaima East Secondary vs St Benedict's College, Carapichaima East Ground
East Mucurapo vs St Mary's College, Fatima College Ground
St Augustine Secondary vs Trinity College Moka, St Augustine Ground
Pleasantville Secondary vs Trinity College East, Pleasantville

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tigers close gap on Naps by 3 points
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2019, 06:59:32 PM »
Tigers close gap on Naps by 3 points
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

De­spite a day of rest from the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion pro­gramme of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) on Sat­ur­day, Na­pari­ma Col­lege main­tained its top spot on the 15-team stand­ings on 29 points, but St An­tho­ny's Col­lege has now re­duced the gap be­tween them to three points af­ter a con­vinc­ing 4-1 win over Mal­ick Sec­ondary at the Ato Boldon Sta­di­um in Bal­main, Cou­va.

How­ev­er, St Mary's Col­lege will have a fight on its hands to avoid rel­e­ga­tion this sea­son af­ter go­ing down 0-5 to Cara­pichaima Sec­ondary at St Mary's Col­lege Ground in St Clair.

Coach Ker­ry Jamer­son said he plans to win his re­main­ing three match­es which hope­ful­ly will keep them afloat. The 'Saints' as they are known, now have match­es against East Mu­cu­rapo, Spey­side and Trin­i­ty Mo­ka to keep them in the top flight schools' tour­na­ment, and coach Jamer­son said as some­one who does not give up, he hopes that his play­ers will not give up ei­ther.

On the heels of two 7-0 drub­bings against the League's top two teams Naps and St An­tho­ny's, the wound­ed Saints ap­peared not to have had any com­fort or safe­ty, with­in the sanc­tu­ary of their own home yes­ter­day. And de­spite a dogged fight to hold off the vis­i­tors, an in­ex­pe­ri­enced Jor­dan Be­dasie just could not stand for their cause.

The game was just a few min­utes old when Caps strik­er Isa­iah Samuel un­der­lined their in­ten­tions with a thun­der­ous right-foot­ed dri­ve that crashed against the cross­bar be­fore go­ing to safe­ty. The open­ing item though came in the 21st minute from one of the Caps' many first-half at­tacks. Dex­ter Neils with a search­ing run down the left flank, cen­tred nice­ly for an un­marked Samuel to take with the right foot, be­fore dri­ving past Be­dasie in­to the bot­tom left cor­ner of the post.

Samuel threat­ened to in­crease his team's lead in the 31st minute, ben­e­fit­ting from a well-float­ed right-side cross from Josi­ah Hen­ry, but his ac­ro­bat­ic over-head kick just whisked wide.

How­ev­er, the CIC de­fence could do noth­ing when Caps cap­tain Bran­don St Clair rose high to head home a left-side cor­ner, for the first goal of his hat-trick in the 34th minute.

And soon be­fore the in­ter­val, Ma­lik Robin­son re­ceived from Em­manuel Cor­riea in­side the CIC area. Re­al­is­ing he was un­marked, the diminu­tive mid­field­er drove across the area be­fore beat­ing Be­dasie with a low shot that squeezed be­tween his legs for a 3-0 ad­van­tage.

There­after the Saints, skip­pered by Xavier O'Gar­ro, kept their op­po­nents at bay un­til the 80th minute. St Clair watched on as the CIC de­fence strug­gled to clear Cor­riea's right-side cen­tre, and when it fell, the lanky T&T un­der-15 de­fend­er, was quick to pounce on the loose ball by steer­ing it in­to the back of the goal.

The game ap­peared to be head­ing for a 4-0 Caps win when Samuel un­leashed a pow­er­ful shot that Be­dasie failed to hold on to, and St Clair was on to the loose ball in a flash to fire in for his team's fifth goal, and his hat-trick.

In an ear­li­er game at the Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um, Queen's Roy­al Col­lege al­so re­bound­ed from a dis­ap­point­ing 3-4 loss to Spey­side in the sis­ter-isle on Mon­day, by edg­ing St Bene­dict's 1-0, cour­tesy a goal by Miguel Cross mid­way in the first half.

YES­TER­DAY'S RE­SULTS

QRC 1 (Miguel Cross) vs St Bene­dict's 0
Caps 5 (Isa­iah Samuel 21st, Bran­don St Clair 34th, 80th, Ma­lik Robin­son 44th) vs CIC 0
Pleas­antville 3 vs Spey­side 1
East Mu­cu­rapo 5 vs Trin­i­ty Mo­ka 2
St An­tho­ny 4 (Dar­ius Dou­glas, Zion Williams, Re­al Gill, Kai Philips) vs Mal­ick 1
San Juan 3 vs St Au­gus­tine 1
Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege 1 vs Trin­i­ty East 0

Lat­est SS­FL Team Stand­in­gs

Teams*P*W*D*L*F*A*GD*PTS

1*Na­pari­ma*11*9*2*0*30*10*20*29
2*St An­tho­ny’s*11*8*2*1*36*11*25*26
3*Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege*10*8*1*1*26*6*20*25
4*Cara­pichaima Sec*11*6*4*1*21*14*7*22
5*East Mu­cu­rapo*11*6*3*2*23*11*12*21
6*QRC*10*6*1*3*19*20*-1*19
7*San Juan North*11*5*2*4*26*10*16*17
8*St Au­gus­tine*11*3*4*4*26*22*4*13
9*Pleas­antville Sec*11*4*1*6*15*16*-1*13
10*Trin­i­ty East*10*3*2*5*14*19*-5*11
11*Spey­side Sec*12*3*2*7*18*38*-20*11
12*St Bene­dict’s*10*3*1*6*12*19*-7*10
13*Mal­ick Sec*12*3*1*8*18*27*-9*10
14*Trin­i­ty Mo­ka*11*1*1*9*13*40*-27*4
15*St Mary’s*11*1*1*9*5*39*-34*4

1]; } ?>