April 25, 2024, 07:13:10 AM

Author Topic: Triumph or Tragedy - Trinidad & Tobago vs. Canada - The game has been decided  (Read 434 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
https://youtu.be/o__nxwmV67E?si=5kCi59liO90rkEXK

Not to put a damper on anyone's spirits but it seems this match is already decided...

Canada needs to win to change their coach and scout top players in Europe. They are hosting the WC and need the matches in Copa.

Eve will fall on the sword, the sell out has been determined... The writing is on the wall with Eve's selections

Not to mention Canada has a friendly fixed for Holland right after, with the friendlies and money made...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 09:19:13 PM by Controversial »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I have been reading some posts and theories that seems to imply AE would be playing a team to lose against Canada,this is to suit some outside interest that wants to see TT fail.As we all know, sport can sometimes shock followers with results that is least expected,I don't have to give examples we know them all.This Canadian team is not in the same class as the USA, and we recently beat the USA with a TT team not much different from the present one,don't forget that Jam recently beat Canada coming from behind after being 2-nil down,TBH i feel TT is now not far behind Jamaica in ability,who is to say that we are sure to lose or even sure to win,it's a football match any result is possible.I know our football have been through a lot of difficult times, but if our boys put on a performance against Canada like we did against the mighty USA, then we will beat Canada.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
If Canada brings their strongest team, they will be hard to beat. Win or lose I like the work Eve and these players are doing. This program has come a long way under Eve. The players deserve credit for playing good football these days.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The feeling in Canada is that the Canadian team is much more talented than TT. Still there are some pundits that feel that the expectation for Canada to win might be their downfall.

What I see happen when teams like Canada, US or Mexico play the JAs, the Haitis, and the TTs, their anxiety kills their gameplay if they don't score early.

The longer Canada goes without scoring, the higher TTs confidence raises. The USA and JA game showed that yesterday.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
The Canadian isn't more talented, they are better coached as I said and actually select the best players and don't have FIFA running their football and paying their coach...

Eve deliberately chose this style of play/formation etc... Absorb pressure until we break

So he is covered by saying we missed chances, all while not selecting the best and also not having the right strategy...

Disguised sabotage...

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The Canadian team not more talented? You realize the names they had on the pitch and the leagues they play in? Of all the players I’ve seen play for Trinidad in the last 24 months, those were the best players available. He didn’t leave Messi out or bench Mbappe. Any of a few names missing that we could argue should have been on the pitch were not going to be super star level talent that changes the course of the game. Give the team and coach their credit for a reasonable performance against the number one ranked team in the region.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
@lildamo

We didn't field our best team..

I saw Jones contain the Canadian star boy for most of the game tbh.. T&T has umpteen talent that never make it to the bigger leagues and it has nothing to do with their talent.. It's politics that prevent them 

1]; } ?>