March 28, 2024, 04:19:38 AM

Author Topic: Luke Singh Thread  (Read 13189 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Luke Singh Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2021, 10:16:49 PM »
Luke has the potential to lead our defence for a long time, it is a big loss imo, but only time will tell if potential is realised.

Cyar  lose something that was not yours and yuh never had- that's a big assertion to proclaim that he is that good potentially to lead this defence.

Theylu g man if Canadian and he is finally recognized to get a call up to their team tryouts - nice go cheer him on but his dream does not reside with TnT why should TnT continue to rely on the dream of players liike him being potential saviours for our team? He is a product of a ca Adrian football system- let's cultivate our system to produce the product we dream of one day.
Didn't he play U17 and U20 for TT, not Canada ? How come he wasn't ours ? That's why everybody in our region will grow, while we better than everyone else in our mind. That representation makes him ours, whether we use/keep him or he decide not to wallow in mud that constantly smelling like shit, he must always be ours. As the JA poster say, if a dog born at sea, is still a dog. If a Jamaican born anywhere, is still a Jamaican.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2021, 12:43:12 PM »
Looks like he was not even selected to ride the pine on the CA team. I knew he wasn't going to make Canada.

https://www.canadasoccer.com/news/canada-announces-squad-for-fifa-world-cup-qatar-2022-qualifiers-in-june/

So the question now is whether a father accepts the "prodigal son" back. Let's see who contacts who first. .

As Asylumseeker stated

he wasn't being considered for the game
If he made it it would have been a surprise
He went to experience the camp and was a guest along with about 10 others.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2021, 04:23:27 PM »
Looks like he was not even selected to ride the pine on the CA team. I knew he wasn't going to make Canada.

https://www.canadasoccer.com/news/canada-announces-squad-for-fifa-world-cup-qatar-2022-qualifiers-in-june/

So the question now is whether a father accepts the "prodigal son" back. Let's see who contacts who first. .
Time to come begging now for a crack at TNT? I say fck no!!  TnT should not be a second option. Here is where I would give a local who bussing dey arse ah chance.

As Asylumseeker stated

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2021, 04:41:52 PM »

Time to come begging now for a crack at TNT? I say fck no!!  TnT should not be a second option. Here is where I would give a local who bussing dey arse ah chance.

As Asylumseeker stated

Understand  -  but it TnT at a time when is all hands on deck-  yuh either committed  or  go fishing. Dat come like  a man go to visit ah whore house saying I eh  going  fuh ah bull ah just going tuh see- ah sure if a crack did open  he snatching dat up.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2021, 03:36:11 AM »

As Asylumseeker stated

Understand  -  but it TnT at a time when is all hands on deck-  yuh either committed  or  go fishing. Dat come like  a man go to visit ah whore house saying I eh  going  fuh ah bull ah just going tuh see- ah sure if a crack did open  he snatching dat up.
who wants to play for this messy federation, especially when they have options to be part of a better team in a far more wholesome environment? it’s like asking someone to leave the dinner table to go outside and eat out the trash can, how does that make any sense unless you’re a mad man of some sort?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 03:40:57 AM by pull stones »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2021, 08:52:31 AM »
WATCH: Luke Singh buries a fee-kick inside the near post during Toronto FC II's 2-1 loss to Union Omaha

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1b-2EF6cxKo?start=67" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1b-2EF6cxKo?start=67</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FC Edmonton acquires Luke Singh on loan from Toronto FC
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2022, 12:09:42 PM »
FC Edmonton acquires Luke Singh on loan from Toronto FC
fcedmonton.canpl.ca

FC Edmonton confirmed they have acquired defender Luke Singh on loan from Toronto FC (MLS) today.

Singh, a 21-year-old native of Brampton, Ontario, broke into the TFC first team in 2021, making eight appearances for the club — including two in the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League against Mexican side Léon. He has been a part of Toronto’s youth system since 2017, having played for the Reds at various reserve levels including both Toronto FC III in League1 Ontario and Toronto FC II in USL League One. He also spent a brief period in 2019 on loan with Danish club Brøndby, where he made 24 appearances between the reserve and U-19 teams.

After representing Trinidad and Tobago at several youth levels, Singh accepted a call-up to the Canadian senior national team in June 2021 and participated in a camp, though he did not see any game action. He’s still eligible to play for Trinidad at the international level.

Singh is a solid athletic centre-back with good aerial ability, and he’s comfortable on the ball with both feet.

“We are excited to embrace Luke with our team this season,” said Alan Koch, Head Coach FC Edmonton. “He is a talented young player with some excellent professional football experiences already. I am excited to work with him, push him to help develop his game further, and hopefully have him aid in team success.”

FC Edmonton will kick the season off at home on Sunday April 10 against Valour FC at 2pm MT at Clarke Stadium.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2022, 09:41:34 AM »
I like the news on Luke  :beermug: Keep improving Brother and please keep Sweet TnT in mind. Hope you get (and answer) all the callups soon.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2023, 09:01:58 PM »
After a season on loan in the CPL, defender Luke Singh looks to stick with Toronto FC
By Neil Davidson (The Canadian Press)

After being thrown into the deep end with Toronto FC in 2021, defender Luke Singh found himself facing different challenges last season on loan with FC Edmonton.

And while he relished the opportunity he got in the Canadian Premier League, the 22-year-old admits playing for a franchise in limbo wasn’t easy.

The CPL took over the club in December 2021 while the search for new ownership continued. Fellow CPL teams sent players out on loan to Edmonton to help fill out the troubled team’s roster. The league eventually folded the franchise in November after it finished last in the standings at 4-16-8.

“It was a really different situation for me. Just because we had no owner,” said Singh. “We were missing a lot of staff from different departments.”

With just one physio on hand, players took their turn for treatment.

Still, the players, many of whom lived together, bonded after being shipped to a team with an uncertain future.

“I wouldn’t say (we were) the leftovers but nobody had their egos,” said Singh. “We all just played freely. We all played just to prove ourselves.”

“It was more like a family … There was a nice vibe with the team,” he added.

Singh played in 23 games for Edmonton, logging 2,012 minutes, and led the team with 1,010 passes.

“It was nice to just get a game every week,” he said.

A rash of injuries in the 2021 pre-season rocketed Singh up the Toronto depth chart. In April 2021, he signed two short-term deals with the MLS side to play in Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League round-of-16 matches against Mexico’s Club Leon.

Then-manager Chris Armas gave Singh his pro debut with Toronto when he came off the bench in the 87th minute in the first game against Leon on April 7.

“I felt like I wanted to cry after,” Singh said. “You always dream of making your debut.”

He made his first start for Toronto in the April 14 rematch. Two days later he signed as a homegrown player through 2025, becoming the 26th player in club history to join the first team from the TFC academy.

Singh then started league matches at Montreal and against Vancouver in Orlando, one of TFC’s pandemic homes, where he scored in the seventh minute of a 2-2 tie, tapping in the deflection of Omar Gonzalez’s header.

“I was ecstatic. I couldn’t believe it,” he said recalling the goal.

Playing opportunities dried up, however, and he finished the 2021 season having made eight appearances in all competitions.

“It was definitely an up-and-down year for me,” said Singh. “Just getting thrown in games sometimes. But that’s how it is.”

Back in camp with TFC, Singh is taking it day-by-day.

“I’m taking it one training session at a time. I’m not worried about anything else right now. I’m just worried about this pre-season. Just to be in the squad and training with these top guys is always a pleasure.”

Toronto coach Bob Bradley says Singh reported to camp “fitter (and) leaner” this season and had a better understanding of what’s expected.

“He’s had a much better start to this year than he did last year. So that’s positive,” Bradley added. “I don’t think a final decision has been made on his status.”

While Singh had proved in the past he is a good passer when he has time on the ball, Bradley said the young defender needed to improve his footwork and mobility.

“I think that he understood coming into this pre-season that he needed to prepare better than he did a year ago. And so I would give him credit that so far the work in pre-season has improved,” the coach said.

Singh tried out unsuccessfully for the Toronto FC academy at 13. He was a midfielder at the time but the tryout came as a right back.

He made the grade in 2017 as a 17-year-old, with academy coaches shifting him to centre back from midfield.

In 2019, Singh joined Toronto FC II and, as an 18-year-old, was sent on loan in March to Denmark’s Brondby IF for the remainder of the season, scoring two goals in 24 appearances.

“Probably the best football year I had, to be honest,” Singh said.

In Denmark he learned from the likes of Brondby teammate Hany Mukhtar, who went on to earn MLS MVP honours in 2022 with Nashville SC.

“A lot of them (Brondby players) were looking out for me,” Singh said. “Nobody there had egos.”

Singh was 13 when he made his debut in the Canadian youth program at an identification camp in 2014. Singh went on to represent Trinidad and Tobago, his parents’ home country, at youth level.

Both Trinidad and Canada reached out to him ahead of the 2021 Gold Cup. He opted to see what life was like in the Canada camp but as yet to choose his international future.

“I don’t know right now what I’ll do,” he said.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2023, 09:20:23 PM »
Haven’t seen him in the CPL but I’ve seen him play many times …..not  impress.He’s definitely not better than what we have right now.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2023, 07:51:55 AM »
Haven’t seen him in the CPL but I’ve seen him play many times …..not  impress.He’s definitely not better than what we have right now.
He must be own shares in TFC.  ::)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2023, 02:12:00 PM »
dude is a DM at best still not dealing with shoulder to shoulder situations comfortable, can cut out a pass and pass with decent vision, honestly him and a prime younger Bateau woulda make a decent double pivot with he box to box runnin.....but I does get nightmares anytime I see dat dude in we backline
I pity the fool....

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2023, 06:46:04 PM »
dude is a DM at best still not dealing with shoulder to shoulder situations comfortable, can cut out a pass and pass with decent vision, honestly him and a prime younger Bateau woulda make a decent double pivot with he box to box runnin.....but I does get nightmares anytime I see dat dude in we backline
The dude announced his expectation to play elsewhere why we dogging players who eh care about playing fuh TnT?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2023, 03:48:21 PM »

Lewwe check out the squad against St Maarten's as representative of what we have now:

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Defenders:

Alvin Jones, Isaiah Garcia, Jesse Williams, Ross Russell Jr., Leland Archer, Weslie John, Justin Garcia, Darnell Hospedales, Jameel Neptune;

These are the 9 that you referring to that DEFINITELY better than Luke Singh? Or it have others?

I mean as a small nation I want to be sure what we "throwing away" really have no value.

I like Jesse Williams, and hope that he still at Pittsburg Riverhounds at least.  If so I could see saying he better.
Alvin Jones stuck at "with potential" for so long now I almost completely lose faith but hope is still true that he at Forward Maddison and then maybe he too. 

But maybe you can educate me on the others.
At this current time what make them better?

(Aubrey go be hitting a 36 time next WC).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 03:57:27 PM by kounty »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2023, 04:47:06 PM »

Lewwe check out the squad against St Maarten's as representative of what we have now:

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Defenders:

Alvin Jones, Isaiah Garcia, Jesse Williams, Ross Russell Jr., Leland Archer, Weslie John, Justin Garcia, Darnell Hospedales, Jameel Neptune;

These are the 9 that you referring to that DEFINITELY better than Luke Singh? Or it have others?

I mean as a small nation I want to be sure what we "throwing away" really have no value.

I like Jesse Williams, and hope that he still at Pittsburg Riverhounds at least.  If so I could see saying he better.
Alvin Jones stuck at "with potential" for so long now I almost completely lose faith but hope is still true that he at Forward Maddison and then maybe he too. 

But maybe you can educate me on the others.
At this current time what make them better?

(Aubrey go be hitting a 36 time next WC).

Jesse Williams is no longer with Pittsburgh Riverhounds. While he was there he made 6 appearances out of an available 33 league matches for a grand total of 147 minutes. He started twice and never played a full game. He made one appearance in the Open Cup, lasting 76 minutes.

Alvin is 28 years old and playing in USL League One. When he was attached to Real Salt Lake in the MLS, he did not make any appearances in the league.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2023, 11:46:45 AM »
Atlético Ottawa sign defender Luke Singh on loan from Toronto FC
canpl.ca

Atlético Ottawa has secured a loan deal with Toronto FC for 22-year-old centre-back, Luke Singh. The versatile defender came up through the TFC Academy and made his debut for the first team in the MLS in April 2021.

Singh went on to make six appearances in the MLS, as well as playing in the Concacaf Champions League against Club León (Mexico), before joining FC Edmonton on loan for the 2022 CPL season, featuring 24 times.

“Luke is a young player who had an impressive season in the Canadian Premier League last year during a difficult season for FC Edmonton,” said Carlos Gonzalez, Head Coach, Atlético Ottawa. “He has shown good strength of character and will be eager to prove himself this season. He is a strong defender with a good passing range and, his ability to play with both feet adds increased depth and versatility to our defensive line.”

Singh’s journey to professional soccer began with North Mississauga SC and Brampton Youth SC, as well as representing the Team Ontario Provincial program. He joined Toronto FC’s Academy in 2017 and went on to play for TFC III in League 1 Ontario, TFC II in USL League One as well as spending a year on loan with Bröndby IF (Denmark). Singh has represented Trinidad and Tobago at the youth level but is yet to decide on his international future having attended a Canada training camp ahead of the Gold Cup in 2021.

“We are excited to have Luke join our team on loan for the upcoming season,” said Fernando López, CEO, Atlético Ottawa. “His experience playing in the MLS and abroad, combined with his youth and potential, make him a valuable addition to our squad for this season. We look forward to helping him in his professional development as well as growing our relationship with Toronto FC.”

Atlético Ottawa 2023 Roster as of February 23, 2023

Goalkeepers: Nathan Ingham (CAN), Sean Melvin (CAN)

Defenders: Miguel Acosta (ESP), Maxim Tissot (CAN), Niba Macdonald (CAN), Zachary Roy (CAN), Karl Ouimette (CAN), Diego Espejo (ESP), Luke Singh (CAN)

Midfielders: Zachary Verhoven (CAN), Carl Haworth (CAN), Zakaria Bahous (CAN), Ollie Bassett (NI), Noah Verhoeven (CAN), Gabriel Antinoro (CAN), Junior Agyekum (CAN)*

Forwards: Malcolm Shaw (CAN), Jean-Aniel Assi (CAN), Samuel Salter (CAN), Gianni dos Santos (CPV)

*On trial following U-Sports Draft

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2023, 08:50:19 PM »
Luke Singh scores his first goal in the Canadian Premier League with an outrageous acrobatic volley during Atlético Ottawa's 2-1 loss to Cavalry FC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Wj1lz2XBI3A?start=304" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Wj1lz2XBI3A?start=304</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2024, 12:56:25 PM »
Atlético Ottawa welcomes Luke Singh back on loan from Toronto FC
atleticoottawa.canpl.ca

Atlético Ottawa has bolstered its defensive ranks, as Toronto FC defender Luke Singh has returned to the nation’s capital on loan for a second successive season.

Singh’s return follows a successful loan spell with in Ottawa in 2023, during which he emerged as a key figure in our backline. The versatile defender was rewarded for his performances on the international stage, earning his debut for Trinidad and Tobago in June of that year. His standout moment came with a spectacular goal against Cavalry FC at TD Place, a strike that earned plaudits as the best of the season.

Expressing his enthusiasm about rejoining the team, Singh stated, “I’m really excited to be back. Last year I learned to be a better person, as well as a better player and teammate. I love the environment and staff on offer at Atlético. I honestly loved being in Ottawa, and I’m really excited to come back.”

Singh’s impact on the field was significant during his previous stint with Atlético Ottawa. Making 25 league appearances, he became a linchpin in Head Coach Carlos González’s defensive setup, often dictating play from the back. Notably, Singh led the team in several statistical categories, including passes completed, blocks, clearances, and recoveries.

“We are glad to have Luke return,” said Atlético Ottawa’s Head Coach, Carlos González. “We already know that he is a player with very good physical and technical abilities, which makes him have a great impact on the team’s offensive game. During last season we witnessed great growth in his ability to compete and we are sure that he will continue to evolve due to his good natural conditions and youth.”

With Singh already joining his teammates in Mexico for preseason preparations, Atlético Ottawa has two final scrimmages left ahead of returning to Canada as we enter the final couple of weeks ahead of the new CPL campaign. Don’t miss a second of the thrilling actions and electric atmosphere at TD Place by securing your season seats today. Click here for more information.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2024, 03:49:13 PM »
Good to see more of our players in the CPL. He needs the playing time and the standard in this league is good.

1]; } ?>