March 28, 2024, 03:41:13 AM

Author Topic: Luke Singh Thread  (Read 13188 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Luke Singh Thread
« on: January 26, 2019, 02:18:07 PM »
Luke Singh has been on trial at the Danish Superliga club, Brøndby IF. However, his stint with the club has been interrupted because he sustained a minor back injury. 

Although Luke has returned to Toronto, Brøndby has stated that an announcement about Luke's future with the club will be made at a later date.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 08:08:45 PM by Tallman »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Luke Singh Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 07:57:12 AM »
Ooooooooooooooooo! Not nice. Hope for a good recovery. Right now, forget about football. Health first. God Bless.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 09:28:31 AM »
Yes luke prove your critics on this site wrong please..
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 01:39:05 PM by Trini _2022 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 11:37:40 AM »
Yes luck prove your critics on this site wrong please..
He is decent on the ball and has passing range...... but too slight and weak for CB, that, in my view is not unfair criticism jus d truth, he would make a decent CM/DM though, he can intercept well and pass....but he was bouncing off everybody he faced 1v1, again not unfair jus honest observations

Sent from my SM-G532M using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 02:09:58 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 05:18:18 PM »
There is merit to the idea of him playing as a DM, based on what we saw during that tournament. Concur also regarding his pure passing range and what he sought to do with those balls played forward.

As he is in the shop window, I will not touch the other side of the ledger. I suppose the good news is Brøndby hasn't dismissed him outright, but one would imagine they already have a sense of where they are leaning.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 05:22:26 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 08:19:21 PM »
There is merit to the idea of him playing as a DM, based on what we saw during that tournament. Concur also regarding his pure passing range and what he sought to do with those balls played forward.

As he is in the shop window, I will not touch the other side of the ledger. I suppose the good news is Brøndby hasn't dismissed him outright, but one would imagine they already have a sense of where they are leaning.
yeah seeker I hear yuh re: d shop window......d ting is I would love for us to have at least one proper ball playing CB coming up, in fact, if I were a coach I would work as best as possible on a team with "ball playing everybody" GK included, that aside though wish him ah speedy recovery and a bright future ahead :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 08:41:57 PM »
So he recovered from the back injury?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 09:16:02 PM »
So he recovered from the back injury?

It was described as minor in the translation. Perhaps the intervening days of rest/managed rest and care have been enough. Certainly gave him time to go back to Canada, see friends and family and recharge for Europe.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 04:27:00 PM »
glad for him.....I feel in that environment he will likely get the prep he needs to develop at CB...if that is what the future holds for him....as said before, doh mind ah proper ball playing center back...with some conditioning who knows....... :applause: :applause: :applause:
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 04:54:59 PM »
was doing mih football student ting and remembered this......maybe luke might be able to compensate for his lack of physicality by being a lot more proactive and incorporate more predictive movement into his game as said he intercepts very well at times...dis fella does do he wuk with did minimum of force where able
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5q1nXewu1Fs&amp;t=8s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5q1nXewu1Fs&amp;t=8s</a>
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 05:06:25 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2021, 08:23:00 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of former Trinidad and Tobago U-17 and U-20 defender Luke Singh

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RyNYNB6DDTg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RyNYNB6DDTg</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Toronto FC sign defender Luke Singh to short-term agreement
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2021, 03:14:37 PM »
Toronto FC Communications

Toronto FC announced today that the club has signed defender Luke Singh to a short-term agreement for the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Round of 16 match against Club Leon on April 7. Per MLS rules, a club may sign players from the USL affiliate to short-term agreements for Concacaf Champions League, Canadian Championship, Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, and exhibition matches.

Singh, 20, signed with Toronto FC II on March 5, 2019, and was sent on loan to Danish football club Brøndby IF for the remainder of the 2019 season. He made 24 appearances and scored two goals for Brøndby. Before joining the Young Reds, Singh spent two seasons with the Toronto FC Academy. During the 2018 season, he appeared in 10 matches with the Toronto FC Academy U-18/U-19 team, registering one goal. Singh originally joined the Toronto FC Academy in January 2017.

Internationally, Singh has represented Trinidad & Tobago at the youth level at the Concacaf U-20 Championship.

TRANSACTION: Toronto FC signed defender Luke Singh to a four-day short-term agreement on April 6, 2021.

LUKE SINGH

Position: Defender

Height: 6’2

Weight: 164

Birthdate: September 12, 2000 (Age – 20)

Birthplace: Brampton, ON

Nationality: Canadian

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2021, 05:48:23 PM »
would make a decent sitting "play making" DM in double pivot, unless he grew himself some tough shoulders for CB
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2021, 08:03:54 PM »
Came on in the 87th minute in th1 1-1 draw against Club León

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2021, 10:39:41 PM »
I saw the last 10 mins. Yes, he did play. Nothing to write home about. 3 mins. to the end. Not much he can do. But he took the cobo sweat. Congrats Luke!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2021, 01:17:47 PM »
Luke Singh is 6ft 2inches and weighs 164 lbs,surely he should put on some weight in a couple years,I suppose his height makes him look slight.At the moment I can count several players in the EPL who is surely lighter than Luke Singh.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2021, 02:08:20 PM »
Luke Singh is 6ft 2inches and weighs 164 lbs,surely he should put on some weight in a couple years,I suppose his height makes him look slight.At the moment I can count several players in the EPL who is surely lighter than Luke Singh.

it have plenty "light" players dat could hold their own against imposing hefty players, he just was not physically "strong"  at any level in youth ball, great pass, good reader of the game and thus interceptor of passes, could could ketch ah flambo if yuh throw it, but put dat flambo on ah battering ram however and well........ :nailbiting:  :worried: :banginghead:
I pity the fool....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2021, 02:18:19 PM »
I saw the last 10 mins. Yes, he did play. Nothing to write home about. 3 mins. to the end. Not much he can do. But he took the cobo sweat. Congrats Luke!
Just because he was put in at all, shows they have a lot of confidence in his defence. In what position was he inserted, Deeks ?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2021, 02:28:44 PM »
Just because he was put in at all, shows they have a lot of confidence in his defence. In what position was he inserted, Deeks ?

He came in at the stopper position. Like I said, 3 to 5 mins ..... you can't really guage some players. He stayed in position, did not venture in any attacks. I am not sure of a return game in TO. Canada still under lockdown. But I will be eagerly looking for when they play next. Hope he gets a run.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2021, 02:46:06 PM »

He came in at the stopper position. Like I said, 3 to 5 mins ..... you can't really guage some players. He stayed in position, did not venture in any attacks. I am not sure of a return game in TO. Canada still under lockdown. But I will be eagerly looking for when they play next. Hope he gets a run.
They seem to have a friendly against Inter Miami on Sunday. Maybe we will get another glimpse. (2 pm).

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2021, 04:28:09 PM »

They seem to have a friendly against Inter Miami on Sunday. Maybe we will get another glimpse. (2 pm).

TO playing Leon on April 14th at 6:00 pm. That is Eastern Time.

https://www.google.com/search?q=concacaf+champions+league+2021&rlz=1C1GCEB_enUS892US892&oq=&aqs=chrome.0.69i59i450l8.871259098j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=lg;/g/11hzgl6lcj;2;/m/03hhfdz;mt;fp;1;;

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2021, 06:25:18 AM »
Yes, but if that contract isn’t extended, Mr Singh mighten even be in the stands that game.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2021, 05:58:06 PM »
Toronto FC Communications

Toronto FC announced today that the club has signed defender Luke Singh to a short-term agreement ahead of Wednesday’s Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League (SCCL) Round of 16 second leg matchup with Club Leon. Per MLS rules, clubs are allowed to sign players on loan from their USL affiliate to a maximum of four short-term agreements each season (maximum of 16 days).

Singh, 20, signed his first four-day contact with TFC on April 6, 2021, a day before the Reds’ first leg match with Club Leon, which ended in a 1-1 draw. Singh made his professional debut with the Reds in that game, coming on in the 87th minute. Singh joined Toronto FC II in March 2019 and was sent on loan to Danish football club Brøndby IF for the remainder of the 2019 season. He made 24 appearances and scored two goals for Brøndby. Before joining the Young Reds, Singh spent two seasons with the Toronto FC Academy. During the 2018 season, he appeared in 10 matches with the Toronto FC Academy U-18/U-19 team, registering one goal. Singh originally joined the Toronto FC Academy in January 2017.

Internationally, Singh has represented Trinidad & Tobago at the youth level at the Concacaf U-20 Championship. 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2021, 03:35:16 PM »
Toronto FC defender Luke Singh is in the starting XI for the second leg of their Concacaf Champions League Round of 16 fixture against Club León.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2021, 07:33:21 PM »
Luke had a solid game today. Made no mistakes. Did not look flustered. Covered well. Played the ball out well.  Did well in heading out ball from high crosses. I think he has a future in TO first team. Actually could have scored a header from a corner kick. TO won 2-1. Should be 3-1. Goal disallowed for player judged off-side. Overall, very good performance, especially against a Mexican team. Should he be on the TT team. Yes. Wish we had a U-23 that can play some games. He would be a good leader and possible captain. TO advance to the quarters. TO is a very good team. They are based in Orlando, because of Canada's covid rules. Man, that playing surface looked SUPER.

Nick Deleon came on as a sub at forward. Nothing spectacular to talk about. He put a lot of pressure on the Leon backs. Had a half a chance in the box, but was bounced off by a Leon defender. Should he be on the TT team?  Good question ? Molino is out. So it is up to him to contact TTFA. Or the ones on the thread who insist he should be on the team, contact Terry or his surrogates to get him on board.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 07:37:48 PM by Deeks »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2021, 07:54:07 PM »
Luke had a solid game today. Made no mistakes. Did not look flustered. Covered well. Played the ball out well.  Did well in heading out ball from high crosses. I think he has a future in TO first team. Actually could have scored a header from a corner kick. TO won 2-1. Should be 3-1. Goal disallowed for player judged off-side. Overall, very good performance, especially against a Mexican team. Should he be on the TT team. Yes. Wish we had a U-23 that can play some games. He would be a good leader and possible captain. TO advance to the quarters. TO is a very good team. They are based in Orlando, because of Canada's covid rules. Man, that playing surface looked SUPER.

Nick Deleon came on as a sub at forward. Nothing spectacular to talk about. He put a lot of pressure on the Leon backs. Had a half a chance in the box, but was bounced off by a Leon defender. Should he be on the TT team?  Good question ? Molino is out. So it is up to him to contact TTFA. Or the ones on the thread who insist he should be on the team, contact Terry or his surrogates to get him on board.

yes he should!!!! did he deal with physicality well though ??? ???......dais d only issue I have with him....didn't handle dat kinda ting at all well in youth ball even as recently as U20.

I would say as a CCB in ah three back or DM
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 08:01:00 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2021, 05:16:45 AM »
At this stage, it is inconceivable that the concern expressed has escaped the scrutiny of directors of football. 

It seems not to preoccupy at least one social media call for Canada to pull him away from T&T.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 05:21:24 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2021, 05:23:26 AM »

yes he should!!!! did he deal with physicality well though ??? ???......dais d only issue I have with him....didn't handle dat kinda ting at all well in youth ball even as recently as U20.

I would say as a CCB in ah three back or DM

did he deal with physicality well though ???

Lefty, you are on point there. He definitely needs to improve in that area. He is a six footer and has a good vertical leap. On one or two occasions I saw him running side by side with a forward. On one occasion the player just could not get off the shot. And the other occasion the the player over push the ball. He will have issues with stronger forwards or more wily players. He needs to go to the gym and muscle up a bit so that he can deal with more physical players, i.e Michael Antonio or L. Baily. I am not looking for a wild man Luke. He said that Van Djik is his idol. Then he really has to look at the films of VVD and see  how he uses his physicality
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 05:25:37 AM by Deeks »

1]; } ?>