March 28, 2024, 02:34:25 PM

Author Topic: Luke Singh Thread  (Read 13201 times)

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Luke Singh Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2021, 06:49:38 AM »
At this stage, it is inconceivable that the concern expressed has escaped the scrutiny of directors of football. 

It seems not to preoccupy at least one social media call for Canada to pull him away from T&T.

D man is ah ball playing CB he deserve d attention, I have seen his lack of strength cost goals though, make no mistake  though he would be ah first name on a team sheet for me, I just recognize he has issues with stronger  players so much so that he started to totally avoid shoulder to shoulder duels during our games and that was deeply concerning to me....d man have serious "libero-esque" quality  though
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 07:04:20 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2021, 08:39:10 AM »
At this stage, it is inconceivable that the concern expressed has escaped the scrutiny of directors of football. 

It seems not to preoccupy at least one social media call for Canada to pull him away from T&T.

D man is ah ball playing CB he deserve d attention, I have seen his lack of strength cost goals though, make no mistake  though he would be ah first name on a team sheet for me, I just recognize he has issues with stronger  players so much so that he started to totally avoid shoulder to shoulder duels during our games and that was deeply concerning to me....d man have serious "libero-esque" quality  though

Asylum, Lefty has a point there. But let's see how he does in the games coming up. At the mean time the socawarriors people in TT should remind Fenwick about him. He is no stranger.  He was a U20 TT. He has a passport  and thing already.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2021, 09:00:12 AM »

Asylum, Lefty has a point there. But let's see how he does in the games coming up. At the mean time the socawarriors people in TT should remind Fenwick about him. He is no stranger.  He was a U20 TT. He has a passport  and thing already.

Agreed. No time like the present.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Toronto FC signs defender Luke Singh on a four year contract
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2021, 06:56:18 PM »
Toronto FC signs defender Luke Singh on a four year contract
Toronto FC Communications

Toronto FC announced today that the club has signed defender Luke Singh as a Homegrown Player through 2025. Singh becomes the 26th player in club history to sign for the first team from the Toronto FC Academy.

“Luke is a talented young player, and we are excited to add him to the first team. He joined our club beginning with the academy, and then he progressed to TFC II. We began to integrate him more into the first team last year, and then this preseason he truly earned his MLS contract,” said Toronto FC General Manager Ali Curtis. “His training and also performances in Concacaf Champions League were excellent. He has a bright future, and we are looking forward to his continued development.”

Singh, 20, recently signed two short-term deals with Toronto FC to play the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League (SCCL) Round of 16 matches against Club Leon. He made his professional debut with Toronto FC when he came on in the 87th minute on April 7, 2021. The defender earned his first start for TFC in the 2-1 victory over Leon on April 14.

He joined Toronto FC II in March 2019 and was sent on loan to Danish football club Brøndby IF for the remainder of the 2019 season. He made 24 appearances and scored two goals for Brøndby. Before joining the Young Reds, Singh spent two seasons with the Toronto FC Academy. During the 2018 season, he appeared in 10 matches with the Toronto FC Academy U-18/U-19 team, registering one goal. Singh originally joined the Toronto FC Academy in January 2017. Internationally, Singh has represented Trinidad & Tobago at the youth level at the Concacaf U-20 Championship.

TRANSACTION: Toronto FC signed defender Luke Singh as a Homegrown Player through 2025.

LUKE SINGH

Position: Defender

Height: 6’2

Weight: 170 lbs.

Birthdate: September 12, 2000 (Age – 20)

Birthplace: Brampton, ON

Nationality: Canadian
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2021, 09:07:13 PM »
 :applause: :wavetowel: :chilling:
Finally,
Another somebody to watch.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2021, 02:41:01 AM »
Congrats!!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2021, 01:50:01 PM »
They are playing him out of position, basically 3 at back, with him left, and he’s lost for the pace of the wingers. He doesn’t close down nor tackle fast enough. They should be playing 4 at back. Mtl is beating them on the wings and isolating the back 3. Toronto mids were nowhere in any of the goals. He doesn’t look like an answer to TT defensive woes, but he’s young, he will improve if given the opportunity. 4-1 , 11 minutes left. DeLeon on as well. Nothing special.

Add: Singh seems quite comfortable with the ball at his feet, and aware and confident with his distribution. Deleon seems to be in an attacking role, but hardly getting played in.

Final: 4-2
Anybody else saw it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 02:07:57 PM by maxg »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2021, 02:36:30 PM »
They are playing him out of position, basically 3 at back, with him left, and he’s lost for the pace of the wingers. He doesn’t close down nor tackle fast enough. They should be playing 4 at back. Mtl is beating them on the wings and isolating the back 3. Toronto mids were nowhere in any of the goals. He doesn’t look like an answer to TT defensive woes, but he’s young, he will improve if given the opportunity. 4-1 , 11 minutes left. DeLeon on as well. Nothing special.

Add: Singh seems quite comfortable with the ball at his feet, and aware and confident with his distribution. Deleon seems to be in an attacking role, but hardly getting played in.

Anybody else saw it.

I find your opening paragraph was real apologetic  ;D. I didn't see the 1st 2 goals but the last one, the man cut right by him and he ent stick a foot nuttin. I agree with you that he don't shy way from the ball at his feet and that if he manage to stay in the TO first squad he should improve some by the end of the season.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2021, 03:16:00 PM »

Anybody else saw it.

I didn't see the game, but he he looked lost on the last three goals they conceded. On the second goal, he got beaten for pace, but it's unforgivable that he didn't even get a tackle in, and his body language suggested that he gave up. On the other goals he was flat footed and looked like a deer caught in headlights. It's only his second 90 minutes as a professional and he's only 20 years old, so he has time to grow and learn.

WATCH: Goal #2

WATCH: Goal #3

WATCH: Goal #4

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2021, 03:47:25 PM »
Yes. Doh I didn't want to be to negative. He was lost when wingers run at him, speed might be his weakness. I think he might of figured I will just slow them down till help comes. The Mtl wingers say "eh heh, u not tacklin. FOOD"  :devil:
Help didn't come, to much space. TO does need 4 at back, from what I see of their setup. When he don't have that pressure doh, his touch is exceptional. I don't see him helping our NT just yet, but I do think - at 20 yr - he's good for the future.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2021, 03:48:36 PM »
Quioto achieved separation from Singh. By the time Singh caught up, Singh's only real option was risking a card.  However the initial problem wasn't the foot race, it was his positioning. In any event, TOR as a collective risked that because they set the conditions for Singh to be isolated with Quioto. Unless he transforms into a Gentile mentality, he better not be isolated ever.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 03:51:59 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2021, 03:50:25 PM »
Yes. Doh I didn't want to be to negative. He was lost when wingers run at him, speed might be his weakness. I think he might of figured I will just slow them down till help comes. The Mtl wingers say "eh heh, u not tacklin. FOOD"  :devil:
Help didn't come, to much space. TO does need 4 at back, from what I see of their setup. When he don't have that pressure doh, his touch is exceptional. I don't see him helping our NT just yet, but I do think - at 20 yr - he's good for the future.

He can help. But not in that role.

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2021, 08:39:15 PM »
why dey play he as a flanking CB he not strong or fast enough for dat, CCB, even though alyuh may not agree is a better fit, he does interceptions, dais about it, read ah angle cut it off, done, yuh cyah really cut passing lanes as a wide CB as effectively if yuh slow and not physical......

I could only give Chelsea examples dese days but look at Christensen, he more or less in d same boat as Singh,doh deal well with speed and strength too good, yet after Thiago Silva he is second choice CCB in front ah Zouma dat have 6 goals...dais more than Werner have ???, He would fit in d middle of ah three or not as CB at all, DM maybe....

But it seems that his physical strength issues are compounded by mental strength issues so.......hhhhm :-\
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 08:41:01 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2021, 09:46:11 PM »
I did not see the game but from the highlights, he is a work in progress. I may have been over presumptious in my analysis of him, but what we saw of him in the clips is reason for concern. I do want him on the national team, but he has to bring much more. He has some serious work ahead of him  if he wants to retain his place in TOR and make the national.  I think he is more suited for a center back. He will need a very mobile partner at CB to keep his cover. He is DEFINITELY NOT a wingback. And to play a 3 back system with speedy opposing players is a recipe for disaster. The TOR coach may have to change his tactics and formations. He has about 2 years to improve if he wants to make an impact. He is 20 not 16 or 18. He has to improve fast.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2021, 07:33:26 AM »
So, shouldn't Luke Singh be one of the young players Terry Fenwick call up? What is he waiting on?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2021, 02:48:03 PM »
So, shouldn't Luke Singh be one of the young players Terry Fenwick call up? What is he waiting on?
Money? Gary ? Youtube? Hadad ? Lasana ? Somebody else to develop the youth further ? Canada to call him to camp ? All of the above ?   :devil:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2021, 02:03:51 PM »
In better position today (cb), and from analysts seems more comfortable. Didn’t see the 1 st half. Scored.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2021, 02:19:31 PM »
The more successful he is in uncapped status, the less excited ...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2021, 04:45:48 PM »
The more successful he is in uncapped status, the less excited ...
Don`t worry, if we don`t Canada surely will. Then you`ll see excitement to embarrass him, but as usual they would only embarrass themselves.

add: Either way I still a fan even as I was of Kerron Clement, De Leon, Bostock, St Clair, The Roberts boys and my own children  :beermug:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 04:52:31 PM by maxg »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2021, 05:14:57 PM »
WATCH: Defender Luke Singh scores his 1st career goal to give Toronto FC a 1-0 lead over Vancouver Whitecaps

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/O_uXZS7gMSU?start=29" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/O_uXZS7gMSU?start=29</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2021, 07:59:22 AM »
Congrats! Keep it up. Work in progress!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2021, 09:22:55 AM »
We should be trying to cap as many of our foreign youth players as possible as we have such a small pool before they get picked up by other nations. If he could play for Toronto, he at least have the potential to play for our senior team after already represented TT at the Junior level. Our administration is sleeping.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2021, 03:26:17 PM »
Yes, please cap this man for Gold Cup qualifiers vs Montserrat or something, but also this man need ah lessons on defensive heading on free kicks...bad.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2021, 04:04:35 PM »
Yes, please cap this man for Gold Cup qualifiers vs Montserrat or something, but also this man need ah lessons on defensive heading on free kicks...bad.

What if he hedging now? And it is unbelievable that Fenwick don't know about him.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 04:18:49 PM by Deeks »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2021, 04:49:47 PM »

What if he hedging now? And it is unbelievable that Fenwick don't know about him.
Well his scout know bout him    :devil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyNYNB6DDTg

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2021, 05:00:21 PM »

Well his scout know bout him    :devil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyNYNB6DDTg

Well if he on youtube, then Fenwick has to known about him. Plus he is a U-20. What is the excuse? If DL was the coach, he would have been getting pong day and night.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2021, 05:44:08 PM »
Isn't that the same video posted here by TM some months ago?

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2021, 07:26:16 PM »
L Singh does not look like the type of defender Terry Fenwick would want on his team.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2021, 10:23:55 PM »
Isn't that the same video posted here by TM some months ago?
Certainly is. So Fenwick video scouts already in the know. Maybe he thinks he already have that position filled with ppl he know now. So why bother bring someone for the future for another coach to benefit.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2021, 05:44:59 PM »
First time I saw Luke Singh play was this past weekend and he scored.

Good for him.

He has raw materials to work with.  Tall, strong, decent pace, decent in the tackle, heart.   Needs to work on technical skills and positioning.

Lots to work with.  Good luck to him.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 12:42:09 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>