March 28, 2024, 02:39:52 AM

Author Topic: Luke Singh Thread  (Read 13186 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Luke Singh Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2021, 05:56:40 PM »
So I wonder what Luke will be thinking when he reads the piece by Lasana about Haddad , the NC and stipend for the players. Allyuh know he weighing his options

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2021, 09:41:30 PM »
Toronto playing Cruz Azul now. I am seeing Luke on Toronto. TO losing 1-0.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2021, 06:16:48 AM »

Unfortunately the matches coincided. I had to abandon meh cementeros to ketch de futsal. Also didn't expect a different outcome.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2021, 03:55:30 PM »

Unfortunately the matches coincided. I had to abandon meh cementeros to ketch de futsal. Also didn't expect a different outcome.

Sorry, I made a mistype here. I did not see Luke on the Toronto team last night, I meant to say. They lost 1-0.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2021, 05:21:44 AM »
A tale of two countries: Singh agrees to train with Canada, before he joins Soca Warriors
Lasana Liburd Monday 31 May 2021 Global Football, National Football, Volley 2 Comments

Twenty-year-old Toronto FC central defender Luke Singh will take an extraordinary detour en route to representing the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Senior Team in a do-or-die Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifier against St Kitts and Nevis, after accepting an invitation to train with the Canada national team this week.

https://wired868.com/2021/05/31/a-tale-of-two-countries-singh-agrees-to-train-with-canada-before-he-joins-soca-warriors/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2021, 07:19:46 AM »

A tale of two countries: Singh agrees to train with Canada, before he joins Soca Warriors
Lasana Liburd Monday 31 May 2021 Global Football, National Football, Volley 2 Comments

Twenty-year-old Toronto FC central defender Luke Singh will take an extraordinary detour en route to representing the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Senior Team in a do-or-die Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifier against St Kitts and Nevis, after accepting an invitation to train with the Canada national team this week.

https://wired868.com/2021/05/31/a-tale-of-two-countries-singh-agrees-to-train-with-canada-before-he-joins-soca-warriors/

So in otherwords. . "Au revoir Luke". . If he doesn't make the CAN team, which I think he won't, he will be back. However, I doubt we will take him back.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 07:21:22 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2021, 07:30:21 AM »
Would really like to keep him he is the one of the few defender we have displayed industry in his passin 

I pity the fool....

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2021, 07:31:10 AM »
We should be trying to cap as many of our foreign youth players as possible as we have such a small pool before they get picked up by other nations. If he could play for Toronto, he at least have the potential to play for our senior team after already represented TT at the Junior level. Our administration is sleeping.

With all due respect to these  youths whose dreams probably are filled with representing their country of birth - as are the home grown youths of TnT . Should we be relying on the cultivation of foreign born nationals who because of a parentage may chose option B ?  This  way of thinking is at the expense of the proper development, program infrastructure and opportunities of our local youths . The focus should be on nurturing own local product-
There is a residual colonial thinking which permeates our perception that local is never good enough. Witness opportunities  to include  a young u capped local player recently. Talk start about his fathers influence . The young man just want a chance- he went to Ireland  he grew up here his dreams were here with TnT. It's not a plan B or after thought?

Let's  create conditions to foster success in our local youths to aspire and to achieve for the greater good of TnT.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 06:02:41 AM by ABTrini »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2021, 08:18:48 AM »
Locals are NOT good enough.....and the systems needed to help them get there are nonexistent because our administrators, coaches and governance in general isn't and has never been good enough.

The local system is completely devoid of growth or evolution 
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2021, 12:21:59 PM »
Locals are NOT good enough.....and the systems needed to help them get there are nonexistent because our administrators, coaches and governance in general isn't and has never been good enough.

Regardless of deficiencies in the local coaching, we need to strive to improve the local product somehow or the other.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2021, 01:53:18 PM »

Regardless of deficiencies in the local coaching, we need to strive to improve the local product somehow or the other.
that is what ah gettin at through d power of negative reinforcement :P
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2021, 02:12:44 PM »
Surinam just capped a whole lot of Dutch born players on their team.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2021, 03:35:45 PM »

Yep. I mentioned that in the CFU thread. And there are over 50 more that are eligible to represent them.

Barbados has also identified 3 premier league players. Also about another 10 playing in lower leagues.

Meanwhile we fighting for Fenwick to find at least 5. Lol

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2021, 04:17:00 PM »

Yep. I mentioned that in the CFU thread. And there are over 50 more that are eligible to represent them.

Barbados has also identified 3 premier league players. Also about another 10 playing in lower leagues.

Fenwick just have to check tallman and ttfa orginal Talent Identification and Player Pool Programme to find some players.... :beermug: :beermug:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2021, 05:32:39 PM »

Is the issue the finding or the capping?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2021, 09:38:19 PM »

Is the issue the finding or the capping?

Maybe both.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2021, 06:07:18 AM »

For those among us who can recall the  60's and 70's our system at one time produced teams that competed and held its own against Brazil Mexico and teams from LatinAmerica. Our squad at that time comprised primarily of locals.

So ask yourself what changed? How did some countries progressed and we regressed?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2021, 06:51:07 AM »

For those among us who can recall the  60's and 70's our system at one time produced teams that competed and held its own against Brazil Mexico and teams from LatinAmerica. Our squad at that time comprised primarily of locals.

So ask yourself what changed? How did some countries progressed and we regressed?

The global environment of football. The past became the present. Not even the footballs that are used are the same.

We don't use history for its proper purpose.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2021, 11:37:41 AM »

The global environment of football. The past became the present. Not even the footballs that are used are the same.

We don't use history for its proper purpose.

cheers mate :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2021, 06:18:52 PM »

Everybody doing it. Look at lil Monserrat and Curacao sides.

Players with island roots always hoping to play for England or Holland or wherever. If it doh happen then they go check the islands. The latest big one so is Ivan Toney from Brentford. Jamaica want him but he hoping for England.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montserrat_national_football_team
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curaçao_national_football_team

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2021, 12:27:33 PM »
I don’t think losing out on any of these players are a huge deal. for instance Luke Singh. He might be in the MLS but he’s not that outstanding. I think we do have defenders who are bigger assets than Luke, so no big loss there IMO. please wake me up when we lose out on a real big fish, like a jaden sancho or a Raheem sterling.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 03:48:48 AM by pull stones »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2021, 01:09:16 PM »
Luke has the potential to lead our defence for a long time, it is a big loss imo, but only time will tell if potential is realised.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2021, 06:37:28 PM »
I don’t think losing out on any of these players are a huge deal. for instance Luke Singh. He might be in the MLS but he’s not that outstanding. I think we do have defenders who are bigger assets than Luke, so no big loss there IMO. please wake me up when we lose out on a real big fish, like jaden sancho and Raheem sterling.

By definition, big fish will not be interested in playing for us.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2021, 04:03:16 AM »
I don’t think losing out on any of these players are a huge deal. for instance Luke Singh. He might be in the MLS but he’s not that outstanding. I think we do have defenders who are bigger assets than Luke, so no big loss there IMO. please wake me up when we lose out on a real big fish, like jaden sancho and Raheem sterling.

By definition, big fish will not be interested in playing for us.
true, but there might be the odd situation every once in all very long while like a dwight yorke or a kenwin Jones  ;D (pun intended). BTW in all honesty I don’t know why anyone in their right minds would want to play for us, even born and bred trinis. I was kind of relieved when bostock and de Leon turned us down for fear of them having to deal with the utter rubbish that our federation so readily dishes out to the players and management team.

those guys spared themselves a whole lot of agony and disappointment that’s for sure. Playing for TT as a foreign national is like spending the summer with a miserable sickly grandparent you never knew, once you experienced that first episode you tend to regret having reached out in the first place, and now you’re stuck with people you can’t stand.  :rotfl:

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2021, 08:17:15 AM »
Pride and Joy wearing the T&T colors, Not discounting the opportunity to make a world Cup.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2021, 09:51:10 AM »
Luke has the potential to lead our defence for a long time, it is a big loss imo, but only time will tell if potential is realised.

Cyar  lose something that was not yours and yuh never had- that's a big assertion to proclaim that he is that good potentially to lead this defence.

Theylu g man if Canadian and he is finally recognized to get a call up to their team tryouts - nice go cheer him on but his dream does not reside with TnT why should TnT continue to rely on the dream of players liike him being potential saviours for our team? He is a product of a ca Adrian football system- let's cultivate our system to produce the product we dream of one day.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2021, 10:11:25 AM »
Looks like he was not even selected to ride the pine on the CA team. I knew he wasn't going to make Canada.

https://www.canadasoccer.com/news/canada-announces-squad-for-fifa-world-cup-qatar-2022-qualifiers-in-june/

So the question now is whether a father accepts the "prodigal son" back. Let's see who contacts who first. .

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2021, 10:29:41 AM »
Looks like he was not even selected to ride the pine on the CA team. I knew he wasn't going to make Canada.

https://www.canadasoccer.com/news/canada-announces-squad-for-fifa-world-cup-qatar-2022-qualifiers-in-june/

So the question now is whether a father accepts the "prodigal son" back. Let's see who contacts who first. .

Wasn't that the premise? Wasn't he there to observe the vibe and to be vibed, not to be a contender this weekend?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2021, 10:34:13 AM »

Cyar  lose something that was not yours and yuh never had- that's a big assertion to proclaim that he is that good potentially to lead this defence.

Theylu g man if Canadian and he is finally recognized to get a call up to their team tryouts - nice go cheer him on but his dream does not reside with TnT why should TnT continue to rely on the dream of players liike him being potential saviours for our team? He is a product of a ca Adrian football system- let's cultivate our system to produce the product we dream of one day.

The battle is to be waged on both fronts, not one. Argentina didn't retain Messi by chance.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2021, 11:23:15 AM »

More a statement on how poor our defence has become that I can say it with confidence. Scouts rate him highly, unlikely to play Premiership in the future but good enough for us.

1]; } ?>