March 28, 2024, 03:38:53 PM

Author Topic: Dayne St. Clair Thread  (Read 6294 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dayne St. Clair Thread
« on: January 06, 2019, 10:14:29 AM »
Dayne St Clair (Goalkeeper), Pickering, Ontario

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=210260618&DB_OEM_ID=29700

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/01/03/maryland-soccer-goalkeeper-is-leaving-mls-defender-will-work-out-england/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7615565b47cc

Goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair, who played every minute during Maryland’s NCAA championship season in 2018, will forgo his final year of eligibility to play in MLS, Terrapins Coach Sasho Cirovski said Thursday.

St. Clair, 21, signed with the league and will be available in the Jan. 11 draft in Chicago.

The Ontario native was with the Maryland program for four years — he redshirted in 2016 — and started the past two seasons. He is scheduled to earn a degree in psychology this spring.

In 2018, St. Clair led the nation in minutes played by a goalkeeper (2.194), was 11th in the nation in goals-against average (0.66), 12th in save percentage (.833) and third in shutouts (13). He did not concede a goal in five NCAA tournament matches as the 11th-seeded Terrapins won their first national title since 2008 and third since 2005.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dayne St. Clair Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 04:23:05 PM »
 Nah boy Trini-20xx, you could take real licks guy.  :o

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 01:28:10 PM »

I knew of him all the time

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 05:08:35 PM »

I knew of him all the time

No sir, I not questioning yuh work an follow up. But if they didn’t give Goalie Greg ah save in even the flood fund raiser, you think anybody taking we on posting ah setta noname potentials. Is only if they sign with some other National team then they tell yuh , we sent a text sayin ‘Hi’ and got no response. They don’t want no foreigners. Including guys who doing well but away long, dem is foreigners too

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 03:32:18 PM »
Dayne St. Clair drafted by Minnesota United

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Star goalie with TT roots eyes Canada call-up
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 06:01:23 AM »
Star goalie with TT roots eyes Canada call-up
By Andrew Gioannetti (T&T Newsday)

HIS dream is to earn the highest honours at club level and to represent Canada, but in default of that, there is the a chance that highly-rated Dayne St Clair will consider representing TT, his father’s birth-home.

St Clair, who turns 22 on May 9, was quickly snatched up by Minnesota United at last month’s Major League Soccer (MLS) Superdraft as the seventh overall pick – the earliest a club came calling for a goalkeeper in the draft in four years.

A player for Canada at the youth level, St Clair attracted attention for his prowess between the uprights, especially last year.

So much so that a call-up to Canada’s senior team might be just a matter of time.

“I have thought about playing for Canada’s senior team as I have played for Canada at various youth ages, he said.

But if not, he was asked, would he consider a TT call-up?

“I would consider playing for TT if I was not with Canada’s programme. That (a place on TT’s senior team) is not something I am willing to commit to at this point in time.”

St Clair, who enjoyed several outstanding seasons for University of Maryland, was in hot demand by MLS clubs after he was named the most outstanding defensive player during Maryland’s NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer Tournament national championship run last year.

What drew major attention to him was the fact that he won that title without conceding a single goal in their five matches.

Before his college football career, St Clair played football with Vaughan SC, helping the club to the semi-pro League1 Ontario title.

He did so with ceaseless encouragement from his parents, Julie and Fabian Wayne St Clair, the latter of whom grew up in Sangre Grande and, like Dayne, was a goalkeeper.

“My parents and I were very happy for me to start my new journey in Minnesota,” he said.

He arrived in Minnesota one week after the draft but said he has “not fully settled in yet.”

“We have been travelling a lot for pre-season and I haven’t been in Minnesota for much time.”

Minnesota United, however, are surely pleased with what they’ve seen thus far from St Clair.

Reports out of the US indicate St Clair “played like a seasoned veteran” when Minnesota United defeated New York City FC 1-0 in a pre-season cup match last week.

“St. Clair helped preserve Minnesota United’s clean sheet against NYCFC, turning away multiple chances from the Pigeons and securing the Loons’ second win of the Orlando City Invitational,” wrote prosoccerusa.com in its match report..

Based on his experience in Canada’s youth teams, his current form and the hype surrounding him, there is every reason to believe St Clair will be a full senior Canada international sooner rather than later.

St Clair was born in Toronto but grew up in Pickering, a small city in southern Ontario.

Being a half-Trinidadian, he could pick up the accent, so he knew who he was flocked by in that part of Canada.

“Growing up in the GTA (Greater Toronto area) is a region that is highly influenced by Caribbean culture so that, and the combination of my dad (being from TT) has made me very familiar with the culture.”

And because the family would travel to TT regularly, his father never needed to talk about his birthplace at length, St Clair said.

St Clair is left-footed, a feature unusually common among world-class goalkeepers, like his favourite growing up – Iker Casillas – and the keeper he admires most now – Manchester City’s Ederson.

The imposing 6’3” player said he played around the park before settling into the position as goalkeeper, following in his father’s footsteps.

St Clair is currently focussed on his immediate personal growth, his club and eventually playing for Canada.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 09:33:15 AM »
DAYNE ST. CLAIR: 10 things you don’t know about me
By Kacy Kobakof (mnufc.com)

1. Something that’s on my bucket list …

“I want to visit every continent. So far, I have visited three.”

2. I’m currently binge watching this on Netflix …

“How to Get Away with Murder. I watched the first few seasons and then kind of put it on the back burner because I wanted to binge watch it. I couldn’t take the week to week.”

3. My favorite thing to shop for is …

“I don’t know. I don’t like to shop. That’s another thing. I hate shopping. If I could give some money to someone and say, ‘Hey just get me this, whatever you think I’ll like,’ I would probably

do it.” 

4. On the significance behind my number …

“I used to wear 17. Nine and 17 were my first two numbers. Preferably, I would have worn 17 but obviously Collin Martin has it. I kind of just combined the two and the fact that I was born in 1997, put it all together.”

5. I’m proud of myself for …

“Winning a national championship with Maryland during my last year.”

6. One of my pet peeves is …

“When people get up on the plane before you. When they get up and go ahead of people that are in front of them, and go stand at the front. Just wait your turn.”

7. The best gift I have ever received is …

“I don’t really like gifts, honestly. I am not big on birthdays. I just kind of view it as another day. I am not really a gift person.”

8. My hair …

“Normally I re-dye it every few months, but I didn’t know where to go when I got here. My cousin back home is a hair stylist and normally she’d be the one to dye it. It was a long delay when I got here, but I finally dyed it.”

9. My favorite meal is …

“Caribbean style food. My dad is from Trinidad, so growing up I ate it a lot.”

10. The best meal my dad cooks …

“Probably stew chicken with rice and peas and macaroni pie. It’s like mac and cheese, but a Caribbean style.”

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 10:37:52 AM »
Don’t expect dennis and his boss to consider this bloke anytime soon as the other Canadian goalie can’t get a cap over those two local flunkies, be it competitive or friendly.

it really infuriated me when dennis wanker who had nothing to play for vs guyana blatantly refused to cap ranjitsingh tying him to us permanently, what a numbskull move that was. I hope it doesn’t come back to haunt us later, but somehow I think it will.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 04:04:40 PM »
San Antonio FC adds goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair on loan from Minnesota United
San Antonio FC Communications

San Antonio FC has added goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair on loan from Minnesota United (MLS) for the 2020 USL Championship season pending league and federation approval, the team announced today. Per club policy, terms of the loan were not disclosed.

“As a staff, we are very excited to add Dayne St. Claire to the SAFC roster,” said SAFC Head Coach Alen Marcina. “We want to thank Adrian Heath and the entire Minnesota United FC organization for the loan. Dayne performed exceptionally in college and has tremendous potential to be a premier goalkeeper. He boasts the qualities we seek both on and off the field, and we are looking forward to working with him.”

St. Clair – a Generation Adidas athlete – was originally selected in the first round (seventh overall) of the 2019 MLS SuperDraft by Minnesota after a stellar college career at Maryland. St. Clair has one loan spell under his belt, making five appearances in 2019 with Forward Madison in ULS League One while keeping one clean sheet and recording five total saves.

The 22-year-old played four years at Maryland from 2015-18 where he led the Terrapins to the 2018 NCAA National Championship. While in college, the Canada native also played for USL League Two sides K-W United and the NY Red Bulls U-23’s.

“I’m really excited,” said St. Clair. “I think this is a good move for myself and the club, and I’m very excited to get started and defend 210.”

St. Clair will wear No. 97 for SAFC.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 08:03:59 PM »
Hope he gets a fair look
as well as Ranjitsingh

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 08:04:50 PM »
Imagine two such GKs available to us and nobody even thought of giving them a game or two to at least tie them to us.

Of course we have no fkng program so perhaps that is why...no game to actually play.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 06:46:28 PM »
Didn't he say he isn't interested in playing for T&T

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 08:54:30 PM »

He said Canada was his first choice, which is fine. But until/unless he is capped in a competitive match by Canada, he is still eligible to play for us, so we should still keep tabs on him. People does say dey eh interested until dey become interested.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2020, 07:03:43 AM »

He said Canada was his first choice, which is fine. But until/unless he is capped in a competitive match by Canada, he is still eligible to play for us, so we should still keep tabs on him. People does say dey eh interested until dey become interested.

There is a good and bad in this, however, I think T&T needs to stop settling for 2nds.!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2020, 07:17:15 AM »

There is a good and bad in this, however, I think T&T needs to stop settling for 2nds.!!

This is not about settling for seconds. This is just reality. You really expect that someone will want to play for us if they have the option of turning out for a more organized and reputable FA? Every foreign-born player who has represented us, did so because there was no other viable option. What does it matter anyway? If they could make a positive contribution and enhance and raise our level, then let them play.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2020, 09:35:27 AM »

This is not about settling for seconds. This is just reality. You really expect that someone will want to play for us if they have the option of turning out for a more organized and reputable FA? Every foreign-born player who has represented us, did so because there was no other viable option. What does it matter anyway? If they could make a positive contribution and enhance and raise our level, then let them play.

Fully agreed

And if they come, cant be fighting up to get the small pittance they're promised
They taking time from their regular job and risking losing gametime

Def. not about "settling for 2nds"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dayne St. Clair's clean sheet gives Loons the change it needed
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2020, 09:45:38 AM »
Dayne St. Clair's clean sheet gives Loons the change it needed
By Jerry Zgoda (Star Tribune)

Minnesota United coach Adrian Heath sought change when his team brought a four-game losing streak to Allianz Stadium on Sunday night. That’s why he chose second-year goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair to both start — and play — his first Major League Soccer game.

Oh, and he recorded his first MLS clean sheet, too, in a 4-0 victory over Real Salt Lake that ended the streak.

Veteran backup goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh started the three previous games after hip surgery sidelined starter Tyler Miller for the season. Opponents outscored the Loons 8-2 in those games, a disparity Heath attributed to poor defending rather than Ranjitsingh’s play.

Still, Heath said things couldn’t keep going the way they were. So enter St. Clair, who started the season on loan to San Antonio FC but was recalled when Miller had surgery.

“I just felt that we needed to do something,” Heath said after Sunday’s game. “Sometimes it’s not just the performance of the goalkeeper. Sometimes a change of voice, a change of approach. Dayne has got a lot of confidence in himself. I thought that would have been needed this evening.”

The Loons loaned out St. Clair in February after they claimed Ranjitsingh in November’s waiver draft and traded for Miller to replace Vito Mannone in January. They did so to get the Generation Adidas player chosen seventh in the 2019 SuperDraft game action he wouldn’t get, barring an injury, in Minnesota.

He played the first five games when San Antonio FC restarted play in July after the pandemic pause. He allowed three goals and had three clean sheets.

“To get game experience is the toughest thing for a young player,” St. Clair said. “So [it’s good] to be able to go out on loan, play a few games and use that to get the experience to apply here as well.”

St. Clair learned late in the week that he’d start Sunday. Miller called him Friday night and offered this advice.

“Enjoy the moment,” Miller said Sunday in commentary he did for FSN’s broadcast. “Go out there and feel it.”

St. Clair earned his clean sheet after he blocked RSL midfielder Giuseppe Rossi’s rising strike from 25 yards out with both hands but couldn’t grab it in the 12th minute. It deflected up and over his head, but he managed to grab it just before it crossed the goal line.

Or did he?

“The ref said I kept it out,” St. Clair said, “so that’s what I am going to go with.”

In the 26th minute, video review determined RSL defender Nedum Onuoha’s header goal was a step beyond the Loons’ defense.

“He might have had a bit of luck,” Heath said. “Sometimes that’s what you need. Certainly, we did.”

Both decisions kept the game scoreless until the Loons scored four second-half goals, starting with ones from Chase Gasper and Robin Lod in the 53rd and 62nd minutes. Lod scored two goals. Newly arrived Emanuel Reynoso assisted on the first with a perfectly threaded pass on a night when he made his first MLS start as well and played 70 minutes.

Second-half substitute Jacori Hayes finished off some nifty three-way combination play with Kevin Molino and Raheem Edwards to score the other goal.

Gasper’s goal, which rewarded his long run down the left side, was the first time in the past seven games the Loons scored the first goal. Until Sunday, they had led a total of 17 minutes in their past six games.

On Sunday, they never trailed, somehow.

“We’re a bit fragile at the minute and I’m hoping this will give us a huge shot in the arm of confidence,” Heath said, “because there’s nothing like winning that gives players confidence. Hopefully, we can build on this.”

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2020, 10:24:46 AM »
“I just felt that we needed to do something,” Heath said after Sunday’s game. “Sometimes it’s not just the performance of the goalkeeper. Sometimes a change of voice, a change of approach. Dayne has got a lot of confidence in himself. I thought that would have been needed this evening.”

Reading between the lines,  the pot of gold is here. Yet, players have to play in their own personality. Some will suffer for it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 10:27:35 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2020, 12:30:22 PM »
WATCH: Dayne St. Clair saves Darwin Quintero's penalty

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/x2vdHwQb5F8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/x2vdHwQb5F8</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Minnesota United goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair has a promising future in his hands
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2020, 11:25:37 AM »
Minnesota United goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair has a promising future in his hands
By Jerry Zgoda (Star Tribune)

A goalkeeper’s son, Minnesota United’s Dayne St. Clair found his love for that position himself and his own path to Major League Soccer — and maybe beyond.

His father, Fabian, played keeper growing up in Trinidad and Tobago. Fabian’s son, born and raised in suburban Toronto, followed behind with a soccer ball at his feet, or often in his hands.

“Ever since I could walk, I played soccer,” St. Clair said. “It definitely was my passion since I was a little kid. My dad, he never pushed me into it. It was something I developed on my own. Just watching soccer with him, the passion in me just grew. He saw it and helped guide me through it.”

Left-footed, St. Clair played center back with his feet and goalkeeper with his hands in his youth. He chose the position at which he starred in Ontario secondary-school and development leagues and played when he won the 2018 NCAA title with current Loons teammate Chase Gasper at Maryland.

Selected seventh in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft, Minnesota United’s goalkeeper of the future now at age 23 is its keeper of the present. He has become so after starter Tyler Miller needed season-ending hip surgery and coach Adrian Heath turned to St. Clair after the Loons went 0-3 in backup Greg Ranjitsingh’s starts.

St. Clair is 2-2-1 with a clean sheet in five starts that allowed him to find what he calls “rhythm.” He also is showing the qualities — height (6-3), reach, range, composure and the ability to advance the ball with his feet — that define the best modern-day keepers in MLS and worldwide.

“The kid has done well,” Heath said. “His general keeping of the goal has been excellent.”

St. Clair was shuttled to the Loons’ Forward Madison USL affiliate last season and loaned to San Antonio for five months this season during the pandemic shutdown. He played five games there in July before he was recalled and found what Heath calls most important for young keepers.

“He’s playing meaningful football,” Heath said. “That’s the big thing for young players when they come to the professional game, the importance of every single time they play. They’ve played football for the love of it, but when it becomes your job and it becomes people’s livelihoods — not only his teammates, but coaching staff with so much more is at stake — that’s where he has gotten a better grasp of it.”

Heath calls St. Clair “very assured, very calm and confident,” a young goalkeeper who is a man of few words in media interviews. St Clair is emotionally steady but expressive when needed on the field.

“When I step on the field, I become a different person,” St. Clair said. “As a player, you want to show your personality. I try to do that every time I step onto the field. I think people feed off that as well.”

He showed as much with a primal shout after he stopped former teammate Darwin Quintero on a penalty kick last Saturday in Houston. He avoided getting scored upon with another penalty kick when the Columbus Crew’s Lucas Zelarayan shot high over the goal on Wednesday.

“I don’t know if he’s claiming the second one,” Heath said, laughing. “He’s got a nerve if he has.”

A player whom Loons goalkeeping coach Stewart Kerr calls a “colorful kid,” St. Clair shows his individuality in another way as well: His hair is highlighted blond by a stylist cousin and has been since his Maryland days.

“I decided to try something new and kind of liked it,” he said. “And the guys said, ‘You can’t change it now.’ So we’ll see how long it lasts.”

St. Clair is the latest in a line of Maryland keepers who play professionally. It includes DC United’s Chris Seitz, Real Salt Lake’s Zac MacMath and former Columbus Crew keeper Zack Steffen, who made his Manchester City debut Thursday.

Steffen’s success shows others — St. Clair included — a path to England’s Premier League or Germany’s Bundesliga.

“Every footballer wants to play at the highest level they can play possible,” St. Clair said, “but obviously my focus right now is with Minnesota.”

Kerr said St. Clair has all the physical tools and the temperament to someday play anywhere in the world. All he needs is experience and better decisionmaking, which Kerr said will come.

“It’s all in his hands if he keeps learning and listening to people who have been there,” Kerr said. “He has a real chance of doing that. He’s what European teams are looking for. But first and foremost, he has to focus here. Somewhere down the line, he might get the opportunity to go to Europe and achieve what he wants to achieve.

“It’s definitely in his hands.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2020, 02:08:02 AM »
T&T target St Clair edged out for Canada Youth Player award.
T&T Guardian Reports.

T&T senior national football team target, Minnesota United FC goalkeeper Dayne St Clair, missed out on claiming the Canadian’s Men’s Youth International "Player of the Year".

St Clair was shortlisted among the five nominees along with Kamal Miller (Orlando City SC), Alistair Johnston (Nashville SC), Michael Baldisimo (Vancouver Whitecaps) and New England Revolution’s Tajon Buchanan, the latter of whom was the eventual winner when the announcement was made on Tuesday.

The Canadian Youth International "Players of the Year" Award celebrates Canada’s top two youth men's and women's players. Due to the lack of international competitions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the list of men’s nominees was comprised of Canadian Under-23 players.

While St Clair has represented Canada and all youth levels, he has not don their senior men’s team colours and could be set to be caught in a T&T/Canada tug-of-war battle for the rights to his international service.

His father, Fabian Wayne St Clair, who like his son, was a goalkeeper, grew up in Sangre Grande, T&T before migrating to Canada while his mother Julie, is Canada-born.

The 23-year-old Toronto-born Pickering resident, St Clair has featured in 13 matches so far this season for the Loons, winning six, drawing five and suffering two defeats while accumulating six clean sheets, and conceding 12 goals.

St Clair was selected seventh in the 2019 MLS Super Draft and joined the Loons from the University of Maryland, where he led the Terrapins to the 2018 NCAA National Championship.

He went on loan to Minnesota’s United Soccer League (USL) affiliate Forward Madison where he made five appearances in 2019.

His only appearances for the Loons came in international friendlies during 2019, playing against Hertha Berlin, Aston Villa and CF Pachuca.

He was expected to be loaned to San Antonio FC in the USL for this season but was recalled and after a few injuries in the goalkeeping department for the Loons replaced fellow Canadian-born, Gregory Ranjitsingh in goal.

During his collegiate career, St Clair did not allow a goal in the final 500 minutes of the last season and at Maryland worked with coach Sasho Cirovski, who is known for his work with current USA men's national team goalkeeper Zack Steffen.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2020, 07:34:55 PM »
Sigh.....
wishful thinking here tbh

He was highlighted since his time at Maryland and we probably stick

Just like Ranjitsingh

St. Clair is probably gonna lean towards the Canada option
same with Ranjitsingh --- he's probably a more feasible option in this case i think to try to sway --- once he's still interested after his previous call-ups didnt go too well

Ranjitsingh and Fenderup should def. be considered more seriously than they are.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2020, 07:43:43 AM »
Sigh.....

Just like Ranjitsingh

same with Ranjitsingh --- he's probably a more feasible option in this case i think to try to sway --- once he's still interested after his previous call-ups didnt go too well

Ranjitsingh and Fenderup should def. be considered more seriously than they are.

Yes, we continue to lapse in a big way in terms of pursuing eligible foreign-born players. We continually highlight available talent and they continue to be ignored. We does want to wait until people start starring out before we make ah move. By then it's too late. Dayne for sure going to be saving for Canada now. We had the opportunity even when he was in USL League One. But we dotish bad. Look how long we profiling Ranjitsingh. Man win back-to-back USL Championships, all kinda ting, and up to now eh get ah decent cap. Frenderup did get call up for Wales and sit down whole game. Steups!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2020, 11:39:16 AM »
Thoroughly depressing - there's a reason why nations like Guyana and Curaçao can get players like this - they put the work in, contact early, and keep in touch...

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2020, 12:06:42 PM »
Sigh.....

Just like Ranjitsingh

Yes, we continue to lapse in a big way in terms of pursuing eligible foreign-born players. We continually highlight available talent and they continue to be ignored. We does want to wait until people start starring out before we make ah move. By then it's too late. Dayne for sure going to be saving for Canada now. We had the opportunity even when he was in USL League One. But we dotish bad. Look how long we profiling Ranjitsingh. Man win back-to-back USL Championships, all kinda ting, and up to now eh get ah decent cap. Frenderup did get call up for Wales and sit down whole game. Steups!

CORRECTTTTTT!!!

Granted our product that we selling not exactly appealing to most of the eligible players out there now
If other smaller nations can do it, who are we?!?
learn from jamaica at least too...smh

ranjitsingh just got released as well

And on that Frenderup scn....baffling as to why you will call him up, and sit him down each time.
Get him in for a game.
Unfortunately we dont have many practice games to work with to give players more opps. so use what you get

This isnt an attack on our current crop of GKs, but you need to have options. And if these fellas out there in better quality leagues --- scout and do your homework -- and give them a shot
it would encourage others when they're approached.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2020, 01:22:24 PM »
Sigh.....

Just like Ranjitsingh

no one to blame but the coaches for ranjitsingh and frenderup not being capped. dennis the menace had the perfect opportunity to do that in the last game of the gold cup when we had nothing to play for vs guyana, but instead the donkey went and played foncette like the dummy he was. as for steven hart, he never even looked his way either, sticking to his guns with jan Williams another on and off half wit goalie.

I saw fenwick went and brought back this blight of a keeper marvin phillip, a boy who could count on one hand how many clean sheets he had in his whole career, both domestic and international. ah wonder what was his justification for such an unproductive move?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 01:26:53 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2020, 02:01:02 PM »
BTW I don’t think anyone with a milligram of self respect would willingly accept a call up from us, ATM we are not a very attractive federation with all the defunct and chaos going for us.

If we are willing to be honest, for the most part the players who eventually choose to play for us are players who were passed their prime and had zero prospects of ever playing for their country of birth, or lower league players who had absolutely no chance of getting a call up to play their nation.

don’t take my word for it, just reflect. Jay loyd, Justin hoyte, ian Cox, shaka hislop, Bobby zamora and in the end he changed his mind, danial carr, tony warner, andre bucaud, chris birchall. even nick deleon at the end of his career wont take a chance with TT.

we would have to clean up our act and stop playing silly games with football to attract any formidable players with pedigree and worth, but as it stands no player who cares about his image would be crazy enough to take a chance on us, no way.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 02:07:58 PM by pull stones »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2020, 04:00:00 PM »
Well he got called up to Canada's training camp in January.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2020, 05:53:25 PM »
Wha we doing about dat? We just go lye down and take it without ah fight?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2020, 05:59:51 PM »
We might get lucky cause he’s definitely 3rd string, but fairly certain we will find a way to lose any chances we might get anyway. Won’t be the 1st time we mess weself in the bush sans papier. Not worried, somehow we does manage to get some measure of hope, so we could end up cussing in the long run. Till a next thought come along... ‘what thought make the man do ?’

1]; } ?>