March 28, 2024, 10:16:48 AM

Author Topic: Dayne St. Clair Thread  (Read 6292 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dayne St. Clair Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2020, 06:16:28 PM »
Well he got called up to Canada's training camp in January.
Wha we doing about dat? We just go lye down and take it without ah fight?

We have never been consistently proactive in our recruitment efforts, so this is what ends up happening as a result.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2021, 09:06:33 AM »
Not over until the fat lady sings?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2021, 09:07:04 AM »
Not over until the fat lady sings?

True, but I feel she clearing she throat all now.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2021, 12:09:02 PM »
See allyuh in 2026!

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2021, 02:51:25 PM »
As much as I would have liked for him to be in the GK pool of options for us , I never realistically thought he or we were close to persuading him to come into the mix

It was a reach

Granted, we are in a tough position to attract talent from outside but what about 2 options who have been in the mix for a short timeframe

Ranjitsingh and Frenderup ?
How is this being handled? Are the questions being asked about them? anaylzing their game film? discussions?

Really curious bout the process

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2021, 10:40:01 AM »
As much as I would have liked for him to be in the GK pool of options for us , I never realistically thought he or we were close to persuading him to come into the mix

It was a reach

I beg to differ. It only became a reach when he started performing well for Minnesota. There was ample opportunity for us to engage with St. Clair since he was in college, or even when he was on loan in the USL. But as is typical for us, we are not proactive. We need to reach out to these players earlier and build a relationship with them. How yuh think USA manage to get Sergiño Dest to play for them? granted we don't have an attractive program, but we could still do much much better.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2021, 01:13:49 PM »

It was a reach

I beg to differ. It only became a reach when he started performing well for Minnesota. There was ample opportunity for us to engage with St. Clair since he was in college, or even when he was on loan in the USL. But as is typical for us, we are not proactive. We need to reach out to these players earlier and build a relationship with them. How yuh think USA manage to get Sergiño Dest to play for them? granted we don't have an attractive program, but we could still do much much better.

Ours is not the most difficult sell in football. Aside from a coach's personal engagement, the items the federation could manage are its branding, professionalism and positioning.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2021, 01:19:43 PM »

It was a reach

Ours is not the most difficult sell in football. Aside from a coach's personal engagement, the items the federation could manage are its branding, professionalism and positioning.

Professionalism is our kryptonite

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2021, 03:31:33 PM »

It was a reach

Np
Agree to disagree then.
The idea could have been there but him being in the Youth system already would have played on his mind as well
he wasnt interested

Who knows if Ranjitsingh shared his experiences with him while there n all...who knows

but say what.
Terry said he have like 20 players to check on ent? hmm

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2021, 05:27:36 PM »

It was a reach

Np
Agree to disagree then.
The idea could have been there but him being in the Youth system already would have played on his mind as well
he wasnt interested

Who knows if Ranjitsingh shared his experiences with him while there n all...who knows

but say what.
Terry said he have like 20 players to check on ent? hmm

Ultimately Canada would be his preference, but contrary to what has been reported in the press, he maintained an interest in T&T.

The whole Ranjitsingh situation is just a travesty. He did more than enough to earn a fair amount of caps to determine if he has/had a future in our team. And he indicated his interest since college days,

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2021, 06:46:08 PM »
There's an underestimation of the desire to represent the country of a parent's birth.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2021, 02:15:21 AM »
T&T target, Dayne St Clair, commits to Canada for Qatar 2022 W/Cup campaign.
Wired868.com

Minnesota United goalkeeper Dayne St Clair looks set to represent the Canada Men’s National Senior Team, rather than the Soca Warriors, for the Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifying series.

St Clair was born in Pickering, Ontario but his father, Fabian St Clair, hails from Sangre Grande—so he could represent either nation. However, the 23-year-old US Major Soccer League (MLS) custodian looks to have decided on playing for his homeland. He was one of 32 players who joined a Canada national football team camp in Bradenton, Florida this week.

St Clair partnered ace Trinidad and Tobago attacker Kevin Molino in Minnesota’s Western Conference final finish this season but was never certain to join him on the international stage.

Although he was on the potential player pool of current Soca Warriors head coach Terry Fenwick and his predecessor, Dennis Lawrence, it is uncertain if either coach formally invited St Clair to join their respective squads.

Fenwick was appointed Trinidad and Tobago head coach in December 2019. But within a month’s time, St Clair was named in a provisional Canada Under-23 Team for the 2020 Concacaf Olympic Qualifying Championship.

The Olympic competition were called off due to the Covid-19 pandemic but St Clair did not change allegiance.

At present, Canada are ranked seventh in Concacaf and 72nd in the global Fifa rankings. Trinidad and Tobago are 11th in Concacaf and 103rd in the world.

Still, Fenwick is not short of goalkeeping talent with India-based veteran Marvin Phillip, Police FC captain Adrian Foncette, Norway-based Nicklas Frenderup and another Minnesota custodian, Greg Ranjitsingh.

It was an injury to Ranjitsingh that gave St Clair the chance to shine in the MLS Western Conference Play Offs last season.

Trinidad and Tobago start their Qatar World Cup qualifying campaign at home to Guyana on 25 March in Group F while Canada host Bermuda on the same day in Group B.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2021, 10:15:39 PM »
T&T target, Dayne St Clair, commits to Canada for Qatar 2022 W/Cup campaign.
Wired868.com

Minnesota United goalkeeper Dayne St Clair looks set to represent the Canada Men’s National Senior Team, rather than the Soca Warriors, for the Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifying series.

St Clair was born in Pickering, Ontario but his father, Fabian St Clair, hails from Sangre Grande—so he could represent either nation. However, the 23-year-old US Major Soccer League (MLS) custodian looks to have decided on playing for his homeland. He was one of 32 players who joined a Canada national football team camp in Bradenton, Florida this week.

St Clair partnered ace Trinidad and Tobago attacker Kevin Molino in Minnesota’s Western Conference final finish this season but was never certain to join him on the international stage.

Although he was on the potential player pool of current Soca Warriors head coach Terry Fenwick and his predecessor, Dennis Lawrence, it is uncertain if either coach formally invited St Clair to join their respective squads.

Fenwick was appointed Trinidad and Tobago head coach in December 2019. But within a month’s time, St Clair was named in a provisional Canada Under-23 Team for the 2020 Concacaf Olympic Qualifying Championship.

The Olympic competition were called off due to the Covid-19 pandemic but St Clair did not change allegiance.

At present, Canada are ranked seventh in Concacaf and 72nd in the global Fifa rankings. Trinidad and Tobago are 11th in Concacaf and 103rd in the world.

Still, Fenwick is not short of goalkeeping talent with India-based veteran Marvin Phillip, Police FC captain Adrian Foncette, Norway-based Nicklas Frenderup and another Minnesota custodian, Greg Ranjitsingh.

It was an injury to Ranjitsingh that gave St Clair the chance to shine in the MLS Western Conference Play Offs last season.

Trinidad and Tobago start their Qatar World Cup qualifying campaign at home to Guyana on 25 March in Group F while Canada host Bermuda on the same day in Group B.

Is Ranjitsingh in their plans for sure tho?
He's also not with Minnesota again. Got released around the same time Joevin got released from Seattle as well

Would have to disagree with our depth at the position tho.
Four options doesnt represent a deep pool as the article is suggesting. Especially when Ranjitsingh hasn't been capped and Frenderup hasnt really seen much action --- Anguilla wasn't a test

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2021, 06:26:32 AM »
did not make the olympic squad .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2021, 01:52:02 PM »
did not make the olympic squad .....

Remember, MLS preseason is about to start or has already started, and Canada's first two Olympic qualifiers are not on FIFA dates.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2021, 06:49:13 PM »
He's in Canada's senior squad.

1]; } ?>