March 28, 2024, 02:22:23 AM

Author Topic: Carifta 2019  (Read 4062 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carifta 2019
« on: March 30, 2019, 10:23:54 AM »
Horsford, Colthrust head Carifta medal hopes

Lo­cal Javelin prodi­gy, Tyriq Hors­ford will chase af­ter his fifth con­sec­u­tive gold medal at this year’s 48th edi­tion of the Carif­ta Games track and field com­pe­ti­tion from April 20-22 in the Cay­man Is­lands.
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sports/horsford-colthrust-head-carifta-medal-hopes-6.2.813177.a94a34bfdb

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carifta 2019
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 10:15:53 PM »
Good Luck to the Yutes!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 11:05:39 PM »
Briana Williams back in the 200m at Carifta after schedule change
By Leighton Levy   April 19, 2019

Briana Williams is back in 200m at the 2019 Carifta Games which begins at the Truman Bodden Stadium in the Cayman Islands on Saturday following a change to the 200m schedule.

Changes were made, insiders said because there were not enough athletes to contest the event over three rounds because of what was a congested schedule, especially for athletes who are also competing in the 100m.

Williams, the 2018 Austin Sealy Award winner, withdrew from the 200m earlier this week because the  200m schedule included having the semi-finals and finals on the same day in contravention of the established international convention.

Head of Competition Darrel Rankine defended the schedule telling Sportsmax.TV that he sent the schedule out to the respective federations from December 2018. He suggested that the feedback he received did not include concerns over the scheduling for the 200m.

However, Dr Warren Blake, President of the JAAA, who Williams is representing, refuted Rankine’s claims but revealed that he had requested that they make adjustments the schedule.

Numerous phone calls to Rankine’s mobile phone went unanswered, but Williams’ coach, Ato Boldon, confirmed Friday that the schedule was changed and that Williams will now run the 100m, 200m, and the sprint relays for Jamaica in what will likely be her final Carifta Games.

Jamaica has won the Carifta Games every year since 1985.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 11:43:39 AM »
Live stream to Carifta 2019 at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXbJ1F5TAao
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 04:50:16 PM »
TTO's first medal of the games !!!

🇹🇹🇹🇹🇹🇹 🥉Jayden Scott - 3rd place in the Men's U17 Shot Put with a distance of 15.08m 🥉 🇹🇹🇹🇹🇹🇹

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 08:21:29 AM »
Live stream for Carifta 2019 Day 2 Session 2 at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXbJ1F5TAao

Latest live results for Carifta Games 2019: http://www.cfpitiming.com/liveresults/2019_Outdoor/Carifta_2019/index.html
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 08:30:30 AM by Socapro »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 03:43:50 AM »
Pro, how did TT fare in this edition. I have not been able to follow this event.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 11:01:26 AM »
Pro, how did TT fare in this edition. I have not been able to follow this event.

T&T finished 3rd behind Jamaica and Bahamas
Trinidad and Tobago won five gold, seven silver and 12 bronze medals.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 10:50:44 PM »
Congrats to the medalists and those who gave the effort. Was it good, bad, disappointing?

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 01:06:06 PM »
The team actually did better than I thought they would, considering they were the very last team to arrive the afternoon before the Saturday morning start of the Games (they still managed to stay until Wednesday, though). This brilliant "very last team to arrive, but stay two days AFTER the meet ends" is reportedly fine, since "US Universities do it so". I won't begin to go into how dotish that statement is, and how it's emblematic of how business is done in the modern NAAA, where one idiot says something, and everyone goes ahead, even though it is not only patently false, but is also out of context, and hurts the athletes. If you don't understand why being in the lobby the afternoon before, and then on the track at 8pm the night before, when heats start the morning after, then I would like you and all who think like you to please go find something else to do and stay away from running logistics for teams traveling to compete internationally. There is a REASON why the Bahamas and Jamaica were among the first to arrive, and all of them are not physical reasons.

There were one or two real revelations in the sprints, including a junior girl who ran 23.3, currently the fastest 200m among TTO athletes, including the seniors.

The huge red flags were: NO distance event threats, very few field highlights, and very little depth overall.

In addition, Bahamas (yes the country with 1/3 our population) doesn't even see us a threat anymore.

They are focused AHEAD, on Jamaica, who sent a B team and still murdered everyone.

The team performance will be described in articles as "GOOD".

It was average at best.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 03:38:04 AM »
Thanks for that A.B.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 01:07:12 PM »
Thanks AB!

1]; } ?>