March 28, 2024, 06:12:09 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Panama Game (18-Jun-2019)  (Read 17550 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Panama Game (18-Jun-2019)
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2019, 09:02:36 AM »
Seeker, on another note. Did Panama fire the previous coach? The one who coached them at the WC.

He left voluntarily.

P.S. And now he's being accused of having a lack of ideas after Uruguay smashed Ecuador 4-0.
Now he's coaching in the big leagues and playing against the big boys. That Uruguay squad is no joke though!

If Ecuador fires him, we may know of a potential destination lol
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 09:05:04 AM by soccerman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2019, 10:27:47 AM »
WATCH: Khaleem Hyland post-match comments

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Lp5Q-Xb78" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Lp5Q-Xb78</a>

WATCH: Kevin Molino post-match comments

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpYEWzpweeg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpYEWzpweeg</a>

WATCH: Levi Garcia post-match comments

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_EbA8C4dzSA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_EbA8C4dzSA</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2019, 04:00:32 PM »
Where's pullstones, i thought he said tallest had a better record and doing better than Hart  :D

https://linktr.ee/ginomckoy

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2019, 04:55:34 PM »
How much chance Dennis go get, Hart was fired long time.

Dennis might be a nice guy, but I find he have Sarri ways, stubborn and one way.

He play very flat and predictable football.

Lewis shoulda be first to be sub out.

David better as a wing back, center back he is not good.

We using important games to try players.

Joevin needed to start.

Garcia is not Hazard, Garcia is not a false 9.

Why did he pick forwards when he doh play them.

Did our game improve since Lawrence took over as coach.

We give away the ball after two passes.

We have not even one shot on goal.

Panama was very beatable, he play so much shit they build confidence on us.

Molino shoulda been sub early to.

We have to beat USA now, or we out, when Panama woulda be a easier route.

That was terrible football yesterday.

Even though Guyana lose 4-0 to USA, they play like they had a plan, they just wasn't good even for the USA and they didn't had the players.

We in big trouble

We have no under 23 football team and they are the future.

We done.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 05:13:13 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2019, 05:16:02 PM »
Go dey Sam!!!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2019, 05:17:30 PM »
At least seven playing assignments on the field need to be reconsidered. Under another analysis, maybe as many as nine.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2019, 05:18:42 PM »

Dennis might be a nice guy, but I find he have Sarri ways, stubborn and one way.

Joevin needed to start.

Joevin needed to start.

We have not even one shot on goal.

Even though Guyana lose 4-0 to USA, they play like they had a plan, they just wasn't good even for the USA and they didn't had the players.

We in big trouble

We done.

We in big trouble

We done.

Amen Brother! When coach come up in front a camera and ent talk about opposing keeper making ZERO saves, I know he not coming straight with us fans. I support the team still but as soon as the federation sort things out (after elections?) I want him to go.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2019, 09:16:03 PM »
Some of y'all ah little to rough..y'all does TALK ah damn good game doh..Not saying the team was not bad, but to say the boys played total garbage is just not true. Lawrence has to work with what he sees and has, and the players have to work with what they have and get..I feel many ah y'all should be players and coaches, cause y'all real know this game from in front the tv.
 Anyway I also have criticism and a suggestion(might be totally wrong and probably not worth anything), 4, 1 depth/width space1 ,2 width space, 1 depth space,1 is not a proper formation for full field...
                          G
                 CB
                                    CB             
RB                                                LB
          DM        Space                 DM

RM               Space         Space          LM

Space                F
        Space                   F                 Space

might be good for half field practice, as the spaces won't seem that big..What I don't understand doh, is we played big field warm-up games , it must have been evident in our lack of numbers on attack and opposing midfield attacks on our defence.  The 2 wingers have to come back on possession to get the ball from wingbacks and sometimes to assit in coverage, otherwise the defensive mids have to much ground to cover, leaving our whole defensive players overwhelmed and late, whenever a team attacks with numbers.  Of Course the guys would have to play better, but I saw what they tried to do and not do, and Panama was having none of it. They attacked the spaces and killed us on adjustments with numbers, and defended with numbers..For me, it's their mids that had us in a mess..our mids was trying to cover to much ground...to repeat, IMO, we need our wingers to come in and back more and our central mids to be not as defensive, or play 1 defensive mid.
Good luck next game guys. Go T&T.

If Lawrence has to work with what he sees and what he has and this is what he comes up with, he needs glasses cause vision surely lacking. He have been playing around with these ingredients for how long now and still can't cook a bess pot. If you have ingredients for curry, yuh cyah try to make pelau. Unless you ah mad chef. Lawrence must see that he doesn't have (or choose) the players to play the way he maybe want to play.

Forget all that. We had no urgency at no point in the game. Our approach was one of "meh". We never tried to win the game. This game was a very confusing game.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2019, 09:41:53 PM »
 ;D
So what’s on your menu elan ? “Chicken Surprise”...surprise no chicken? What you seeing that Lawrence not seeing ? Tell him the recipe for success, if he blind, he might be able to hear. We hope.  ???

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2019, 12:04:45 AM »
Hyland: We have what it takes to rebound.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

So­ca War­riors cap­tain Khaleem Hy­land says he be­lieves his team has what it takes to re­bound from its 2-0 loss to Pana­ma in their 2019 CON­CA­CAF Gold Cup Pool B match at Al­lianz Field, Min­neso­ta on Tues­day night.

The de­feat left T&T joint bot­tom of the four-team pool with Guyana, which suf­fered a 4-0 drub­bing against the USA in Tues­day's sec­ond match.

Up next for T&T is a clash with the USA on Sat­ur­day in Cleve­land be­fore fac­ing Guyana next Wednes­day in Kansas.

Speak­ing af­ter the loss to Pana­ma, the 30-year-old Hy­land who plays for Sau­di Ara­bi­an club, Al Faisaly said: "Its al­ways a dif­fi­cult game against Pana­ma. We know Pana­ma is a good team as they hold back and wait on the counter-at­tack."

"We had a good start, but just you know sim­ple mis­takes cost us and I would take the blame for the first goal, but you know its a team ef­fort and we will keep on go­ing un­til the last game."

Look­ing ahead to his team's next match Hy­land said, "We fo­cus now on the next game which is Amer­i­ca and hope­ful­ly we can do things and change things around."

"At this lev­el when you don't score, you will al­ways get chances against you, so it's very dif­fi­cult to don't score and ex­pect the oth­er teams to don't score al­so."

"So you have to have some luck on your side which we didn't have to­day, but as we say, we will go back to the draw­ing board, work hard and hope we can tidy up our mis­takes and come out for the next game against Amer­i­ca.

Asked he felt T&T had what it takes to get the pos­i­tive re­sults in its next two match­es, Hy­land replied, "For sure we have what it takes to re­bound. I be­lieve in all the guys and the staff, we have been work­ing hard and we just have to con­tin­ue to work hard and hope­ful­ly, we can be suc­cess­ful at the end.

"We just need to im­prove on our own mis­takes. We give away too many easy pass­es which sim­ply we could do bet­ter be­cause it cost us the game."

Mid­field­er Kevin Moli­no, 29, of US Ma­jor League Soc­cer's Min­neso­ta Unit­ed said it was a tough one to lose.

He added, "I think we fought hard and cer­tain pe­ri­ods of the game we could have done bet­ter, all of us were slop­py.

"We have to re­bound, and go back to the draw­ing board and work hard, and keep the fight."

"I want­ed three points, un­for­tu­nate­ly, I didn't get it, but I'm hap­py to be here and play­ing and the fan sup­port was great."

"Over­all, we did get the three points we want­ed, we now have to stay fo­cus and look for­ward to the next match."

Look­ing ahead to the USA match on Sat­ur­day, Moli­no said, "We just need to get a good re­sult and make sure and don't lose the game, and I be­lieve we have what it takes in the lock­er room to win the game."

Moli­no not­ed the Amer­i­cans will be com­ing to win the match against T&T as well to make amends for the de­feat dur­ing the last World Cup qual­i­fiers, which dashed their qual­i­fi­ca­tions hopes and hand­ed Pana­ma a World Cup spot.

"They will be com­ing with an ex­tra dri­ve, but al­so us be­cause we want to win the game and qual­i­fy for the next rounds.

"For us most im­por­tant­ly it's not about the last re­sult, but for us right now here and try­ing to go for­ward in this tour­na­ment."

Winger, Levi Gar­cia, 21, of Ironi Kiry­at Shmona in Is­rael said it was a dis­ap­point­ing re­sult.

"The team fought hard, so we have to re­cu­per­ate, con­tin­ue train­ing and we still have two games in hand that can bring us six points. It was a good start to the game for us, we were full of con­fi­dence and we were do­ing well. The chances we didn't take them and we were a bit slop­py in the at­tack­ing third. Both goals came from sim­ple mis­takes."

"But we are all at fault as a team, and as I would say, we slept a lit­tle bit and we paid for it.

Look­ing ahead to the rest of the tour­na­ment, Gar­cia said, "I to­tal­ly be­lieve in the team, and an­tic­i­pates the guys com­ing back in train­ing, work­ing even hard­er and get­ting the six points that we need."

RELATED NEWS

Lawrence: We paid the price for defensive lapses.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

So­ca War­riors coach, Den­nis Lawrence said his team paid the price by con­ced­ing two goals due to de­fen­sive laps­es in their CON­CA­CAF Gold Cup Pool B open­er, 2-0 loss to Pana­ma at the Al­lianz Field, Min­neso­ta on Tues­day night.

Sec­ond-half goals from Ar­mano Coop­er in the 52nd and Edgar Barce­nas in the 68th earn the Cen­tral Amer­i­cans three points and end­ed a nine-match win­less streak since their World Cup cam­paign, and the team's first win in 14 match­es dat­ing back to April 17, last year.

Speak­ing af­ter the loss on Tue­sady night, Lawrence was quick to state he felt the match it­self was close.

He said, "I didn’t feel it was much in the game. The two crit­i­cal mo­ments came when we gave the ball away, and we got caught, and the sec­ond one was we al­most scored. So two soft goals we give away. We have dug our­selves in a bit of a hole now which means we have to start think­ing about get­ting two wins from the next two games."

He con­tin­ued, "That’s in­ter­na­tion­al foot­ball. If you don’t take your chances and you give away pos­ses­sion you can get hurt. Pana­ma has qual­i­ty play­ers that can do that to you, so we now need to re­cov­er very quick­ly. Pull away from all the neg­a­tives and go on­to the next game.”

Com­ment­ing on the first-half dis­play of winger Nathan Lewis, who played on the right flank, Lawrence, a for­mer na­tion­al World Cup de­fend­er said, "As I said be­fore, to me there was noth­ing much in the game, and I ac­tu­al­ly think in the first half we had prob­a­bly the bet­ter of the chances. We got in bet­ter sit­u­a­tions with­out putting the ball in the back of the net, and Nathan, un­for­tu­nate­ly, got a bit tired com­ing down to the end of the half, which I think is be­cause of the lack of game time with his club (he plays for Lans­ing Ig­nite), and is some­thing that we need to try and work on be­tween now and then."

He ex­plained, "Kevin has ob­vi­ous­ly been out for a while, but when it comes to play­ing in his home sta­di­um, I think it would have been fool­ish of us not to try and take ad­van­tage of that sit­u­a­tion, and he did rel­a­tive­ly well. I think with the way Pana­ma played, par­tic­u­lar­ly in the first half, with Es­co­bar (Fi­del) play­ing more of a sit­ting in, it helped him (Moli­no) be­cause he was able to play and stay with him, and then when we got pos­ses­sion, he was able to play off of him."

Up next for the T&T is a must-win clash with host USA on Sat­ur­day, at First En­er­gy Sta­di­um, Cleve­land, Ohio from 8 pm be­fore Guyana match four days lat­er at Chil­dren's Mer­cy Park, Kansas City, Kansas on June 26, from 6.30pm.

The Amer­i­cans sit at the top of the four-team pool af­ter blank­ing Guyana 4-0 in Tues­day's sec­ond match at the Al­lianz Field.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2019, 09:28:37 AM »
T&T sports media lack the substance when asking our athletes questions. Ask Hyland what he think about his own performance. Ask the coach why he think the team has struggled to score a single goal in their last six or seven international matches. When you ask these questions you will have follow up questions based on the answers given. I would love to know more about what are DL expectations from the eleven men he is putting out in the field and the media has to force him to be accountable to the nation as we are supporting the team
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 09:32:41 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2019, 10:06:34 AM »
That was a good beating we take. Was always going to be difficult if Panama scored first and we allowed them to control the game. Players lack movement off the ball. It's clear we cant break down defenses, our only hope is to get in behind but then we have no tall players to convert headers. This team is a mess. We don't belong in this Gold Cup. I'm sorry to say this but it's true, lackluster, no rhythm. Just rubbish boring football. Dennis and his team has to go, this is bad. JA, Haiti and Guyana look light years ahead of us, USA going to drop atleast 5 on we tonite. AND, if this wasn't enough, there is no building for the future. This team is trying though and I do wish them luck, they gonna need it later today. I'll accept a 2-0 loss. This is the reality of our football.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 10:09:41 AM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2019, 12:20:13 PM »
;D
So what’s on your menu elan ? “Chicken Surprise”...surprise no chicken? What you seeing that Lawrence not seeing ? Tell him the recipe for success, if he blind, he might be able to hear. We hope.  ???

;D ;D ;D ;D

Chicken surprise or surprise chicken  :rotfl:

I would make a cook-up with them ingredients cause is a little bit of everything. The main thing I would have ensure the pot have is some Moruga scorpion. Panama would have it hot going in and coming out. Instead we end up with a bland stale gyro.

Long-term. This is beyond a TTMNT coach. We need grassroots development to develop the ingredients for the pot we want to bubble at the senior level.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2019, 04:21:34 PM »

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2019, 04:27:24 PM »
;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

Chicken surprise or surprise chicken  :rotfl:

I would make a cook-up with them ingredients cause is a little bit of everything. The main thing I would have ensure the pot have is some Moruga scorpion. Panama would have it hot going in and coming out. Instead we end up with a bland stale gyro.

Long-term. This is beyond a TTMNT coach. We need grassroots development to develop the ingredients for the pot we want to bubble at the senior level.

Ahhh...so why be dumping blame on Lawrence (or the current players)...He don't have men like Yorke, Latapy, Stern, Shaka, a young KJ, Dog, guys who played in one of the top leagues and further other seasoned veterans who take licks like Carlos, Cornell, himself, Sancho, Samuel from 2nd tier..then a birchall,Avery, Cyd, bleeder, Whitley workhorses  who played in MLS... we have a few fellas trying a ting...our top players (just 2, i think) in MLS,... the rest trying to make a living..I think they doing quite well considering, but y'all tend to underestimate teams like Panama et al...cvause y'all don't know nothing bout them..i.e. them just like we, however most their players are individually rated in arguablly similar or better clubs.. The match was always gonna be tough for our boys.. Besides the fact that our to known top guys, not in particularly top form..so  i thought going in we were underdogs, in spite of our history.. The coach and the players will do the best they can, but we should try to understand or face up to what is presently our best...and they probably trying their best, nobody going out their to look bad...Go T&T
Not giving up, is all I can ask..just my opinion..
It will take us awhile to achieve again, with all the greatness, history and Cultural backing, even the top teams in our region does ketch they ass, so why not we.. Mexico win this cup 7 times, USA 6, i think, Canada once, not much others...we always ketch hell to get by first round, so what ppl always expecting to see, I dunno.. Because of 1 or 2 good individuals, ppl make believe we is a top team in the region...we is just and has always been an average team with good days and bad days, even with our greatest players...we could only hope for more good days than bad..but to believe if we hire the best and pick the best, we could go out and beat anybody in our region anyday and everyday is just delusional  .... Wish, Hope or Cuss however much we want.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2019, 06:21:08 PM »
Point taken Maxg.  I think it's more a criticism of the lack of purpose, came across like a poor man's catenaccio, no sense of startegy in attack, midfielders rarely dropping to collect from the defense and create link up play.  When the opposition had the ball limited press, seemed like Dennis went out to try to hold Panama 0-0 and play on a very slow counter.  Yes, we don't have world beaters like in the past, household names, but in Molino, Joevin, Nathan, and Levi w/box to box support from Hyland and Kevan, should have enough to compete. 

The lack of purpose and lethargic approach is what gets me, incredibly uninspiring.  Truth be told, Panama was only marginally better, wonder what could have been if we had some purpose
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2019, 07:10:39 PM »
but y'all tend to underestimate teams like Panama et al...cvause y'all don't know nothing bout them.

Honestly, maxg. Out of the last 5 outings against Panama we lost 4. So how we does underestimate a team that beat we 4 out of 5.  The basic fact is, this team lack creative and attacking talent. They don't have it at the moment. They just don't have it. Now they probable put on a performance of a lifetime like they did at Couva or Corva as the Yanks does called it. I honestly don't know which TT team will show up.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 07:29:20 PM by Deeks »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2019, 08:11:34 PM »
but y'all tend to underestimate teams like Panama et al...cvause y'all don't know nothing bout them.

Honestly, maxg. Out of the last 5 outings against Panama we lost 4. So how we does underestimate a team that beat we 4 out of 5.  The basic fact is, this team lack creative and attacking talent. They don't have it at the moment. They just don't have it. Now they probable put on a performance of a lifetime like they did at Couva or Corva as the Yanks does called it. I honestly don't know which TT team will show up.

deeks til pullisic USA didn' have no recognized creative force cept maybe landon and found a way to win "pass and move with speed, physicality and most importantly THOUGHTFULNESS" my point is they found a way, we have seen trini teams progress the ball with urgency in d past, now men misplacing 3 yard pass normel normel and quite gallingly, DOH THINK.......some SERIOUS and intense and varied rondo sessions might be remedial in dat regard. simply being able to collect dat ball cleanly and move it on quickly and thoughtfully could make such a drastic improvement to dis team.....is 2019 and we still producing defenders dat cyah do nutten useful with a ball at dey feet and I include phillips in dat........Ranjitsingh can distribute accurately into midfield and he may not be gold with his feet but he has vision to launch attacks with his throws, apart from shot blockin what phillips have? dennis play with him ah him some.....steup....ah coach dat know what dey doing CAN patch sumting together with these fellas.........I really thought dat Lawrence given his years away would have been clued into how to get a team operating even given the fact of what he has to work with, but sadly, like all our exports dat come back to coach he has been underwhelming, thus leaving me again to ponder what d hell he learn while out dey ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 08:18:43 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2019, 08:57:35 PM »

deeks til pullisic USA didn' have no recognized creative force cept maybe landon and found a way to win "pass and move with speed, physicality and most importantly THOUGHTFULNESS" my point is they found a way, we have seen trini teams progress the ball with urgency in d past, now men misplacing 3 yard pass normel normel and quite gallingly, DOH THINK.......some SERIOUS and intense and varied rondo sessions might be remedial in dat regard. simply being able to collect dat ball cleanly and move it on quickly and thoughtfully could make such a drastic improvement to dis team.....is 2019 and we still producing defenders dat cyah do nutten useful with a ball at dey feet and I include phillips in dat........Ranjitsingh can distribute accurately into midfield and he may not be gold with his feet but he has vision to launch attacks with his throws, apart from shot blockin what phillips have? dennis play with him ah him some.....steup....ah coach dat know what dey doing CAN patch sumting together with these fellas.........I really thought dat Lawrence given his years away would have been clued into how to get a team operating even given the fact of what he has to work with, but sadly, like all our exports dat come back to coach he has been underwhelming, thus leaving me again to ponder what d hell he learn while out dey ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I would not disagree with some of your points. Yes, Phillips can be wanting at times and Greg needs to play. But our problem has been and continue to be the PAUCITY of creative players. Especially in the middle of the field. At this level of football none of them inspires me or at least give me hope for our football. Defensively we so-so. We can hold our own for the first 45 to 60 mins. After that, we just lose it. We lack concentration, we bad passing, we .. we .. we just not there.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2019, 10:36:37 PM »
But deeks my point is dat creation need not be the job of a single individual d stereotypical 10 being driven into extinction as we speak, if we fix some simple things namely touch, passing, movement and composure....(if your cyah think straight under pressure yuh wasting time in football  these days) we can improve and create as a unit
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 10:52:05 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2019, 10:49:55 PM »

Don't think the team underestimates, our knowledgeable fans seems to doh

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2019, 11:13:31 PM »
The problem is DL is doing the same thing SH did and he failed and DL is failing to TT should not be playing any English football TT need to hire a real professional coach and stop hiring these over rated Trinis.

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2019, 12:32:12 AM »
The problem is DL is doing the same thing SH did and he failed and DL is failing to TT should not be playing any English football TT need to hire a real professional coach and stop hiring these over rated Trinis.
Any suggestions as to who available ?
Matter of fact here's a list that might be to your liking

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

We go pay them in Mangoes ? ooor if every Trini give up 1 doubles a day, we might be able to pay them
 doubles..  ::)   :banginghead:

my bad..btw Tman, all who we owing still ?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 12:41:47 AM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2019, 05:21:02 AM »
But deeks my point is dat creation need not be the job of a single individual d stereotypical 10 being driven into extinction as we speak, if we fix some simple things namely touch, passing, movement and composure....(if your cyah think straight under pressure yuh wasting time in football  these days) we can improve and create as a unit

Agree that creativity is/ought not be the responsibility of one player, but you at least need one player to impose challenges rather than orthodoxy.

Also, in our football it can't necessarily be the 10 because the 10 rarely gets the ball. 100% Barataria mentioned "purpose". When you see purpose-filled teams one of their traits often is that of having an identified ball handler(s) who get the ball and get it often or assume positions that suggest to the defending players that they are intended recipients of the ball. Our approach is all animals are equal and that is simply not football reality because it's not a constructive approach. Beyond that, we need creativity before we arrive in the final third, not upon arrival in the final third. Or we need quicker, intentional circulation of the ball that is circulation accompanied by penetration, not just circulation.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 05:30:40 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2019, 05:41:20 AM »
I've watched Panama on TV. I've watched Panama in Panama. I've watched Panama outside of Panama and I've watched Panama in Trinidad and Tobago. They are not light years ahead of us. Although (too much) deference can easily place them in another galaxy, if we keep this up we will find that they are firmly in another universe. Our mentality is part of the problem.

A similar perceived malady is threatening on the women's side of the game as between both teams. T&T's women are superior to Panama in every facet of the game. Yet, we lost to them. But wait four years and see if time has stood still in Panama City.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2019, 05:56:27 AM »
my bad..btw Tman, all who we owing still ?

Too much to mention, plus more judgements to come.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2019, 07:07:08 AM »

Agree that creativity is/ought not be the responsibility of one player, but you at least need one player to impose challenges rather than orthodoxy.

Also, in our football it can't necessarily be the 10 because the 10 rarely gets the ball. 100% Barataria mentioned "purpose". When you see purpose-filled teams one of their traits often is that of having an identified ball handler(s) who get the ball and get it often or assume positions that suggest to the defending players that they are intended recipients of the ball. Our approach is all animals are equal and that is simply not football reality because it's not a constructive approach. Beyond that, we need creativity before we arrive in the final third, not upon arrival in the final third.  quicker, intentional circulation of the ball that is circulation accompanied by penetration, not just circulation.
I agree with all this but I still think we operate (for now) without an out and out creative outlet playerwise, but with the creative use of space i.e. positioning and movement to achieve specific goals. A fine example of this is how man city front 5 tends to operate; the wingers stretch the pitch by hogging touchline to create room for d 2 CAMs, Aguero similar attempts to occupy space between d opposite CB and FB partly to distract but mostly because his late diagonal runs mostly leaves at least defender blindsided or dragged off to make room for d CAM or late running opposite winger.

Now man city is man city chuck full ah talent, we aint dem, but notwithstanding d sum ah d parts.. d PLAN and EXECUTION is what does facilitate d success...creatin and using space cleverly is ah function of d unit.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 07:11:37 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2019, 04:19:24 AM »
Seeker, on another note. Did Panama fire the previous coach? The one who coached them at the WC.

He left voluntarily.

P.S. And now he's being accused of having a lack of ideas after Uruguay smashed Ecuador 4-0.
Now he's coaching in the big leagues and playing against the big boys. That Uruguay squad is no joke though!

He was relieved of his job yesterday by mutual agreement.

He was fired but both parties have agreed terms that would prevent sending the farewell to litigation or arbitration.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2019, 07:54:11 AM »

He left voluntarily.

He was fired but both parties have agreed terms that would prevent sending the farewell to litigation or arbitration.
That's the life in the profession. Maybe he punched above his weight? I'll give him credit for the job he did with Panama though.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2019, 09:06:15 AM »

He left voluntarily.

That's the life in the profession. Maybe he punched above his weight? I'll give him credit for the job he did with Panama though.

Since our friendly there in 2017, this is their third coaching change. Gustavo Quinteros who was coaching them at that time, was fired with only two games left in WC qualifying. The decision to fire him did not bring the silver bullet. Sounds familiar?

As far as Gomez's dismissal goes, he may have taken the job for sentimental reasons (he is the coach that qualified them for the 2002 WC). He's been with the big boys before. Some people think the game is moving past him.

There is talk about modernizing Ecuador's in-house affairs and Gomez in 2018+ may not have been the best fit for the giant leap forward. But, if you look at the coaches they have chosen, it's not easy to discern a pattern in the decision-making as to what preferences are valued (they have also changed federation presidents). However, if you look at the players they have at their disposal, finding their right boss shouldn't be hard on paper but is tough in terms of who they can court and attract. Historically, it's been a job that attracts Colombian coaches or locals. They either need to look further afield or to a commanding internal figure.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 09:12:54 AM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>