March 28, 2024, 09:46:56 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs USA Game (22-June-2019)  (Read 22241 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for T&T vs USA Game (22-June-2019)
« on: April 12, 2019, 12:36:44 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs USA Gold Cup game at the FirstEnergy Stadium in Cleveland on the 22nd of June 2019 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers:

Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Marvin Phillip (Central FC), Gregory Ranjitsingh (Orlando City—USA);

Defenders:

Alvin Jones (OKC Energy FC—USA), Aubrey David (Deportivo Saprissa—Costa Rica), Daneil Cyrus (Al Orobah—Saudi Arabia), Carlyle Mitchell (La Horquetta Rangers), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Mekeil Williams (Oklahoma City Energy FC—USA);

Midfielders:

Kevan George (Charlotte Independence—USA), Neveal Hackshaw (Indy Eleven—USA), Akeem Humphrey (Club Sando), Leston Paul (Memphis 901 FC—USA), Khaleem Hyland (Al Faisaly FC—Saudi Arabia), Duane Muckette (Memphis 901 FC—USA), Cordell Cato (Oklahoma City Energy FC—USA), Levi Garcia (Kiryat Shmona—Israel), Kevin Molino (Minnesota United—USA), Nathan Lewis (Lansing Ignite—USA), Lester Peltier (Al Orobah—Saudi Arabia), Jomal Williams (W Connection), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders—USA);

Forward:

Shahdon Winchester (W Connection).

Coach - Dennis Lawrence (TRI).

USA Squad

Goalkeepers

To be updated.

Defenders

To be updated.

Midfielders

To be updated.

Forwards

To be updated.

Coach - .

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 11:52:02 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for T&T vs USA Game (22-June-2019)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 01:23:07 AM »
Berhalter: We will respect Trinidad and Tobago
TTFA Media.

Guyana head coach wants to catch T&T on off-day

United States head coach Gregg Berhalter has said that his team will have respect for Trinidad and Tobago when both teams clash in the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup Group D fixture at First Energy Stadium in Cleveland on June 22nd.

Berhalter along with T&T head coach Dennis Lawrence and head coaches of the other competing nations were present at the Gold Cup draw announcement in Los Angeles on Wednesday.

“I have a lot of respect for Trinidad and Tobago, a lot of respect for their coach and a lot of respect for their team. We are looking forward to it. For us it would be an opportunity to potentially advance with this game and its going to be an exciting game,” Berhalter told TTFA Media.

“I think we have a strong group. I think Group D is one of the strongest groups in the tournament and I am excited about that because any team that gets through our group is going to be prepared for the remainder of the tournament,” he said.

Guyana head coach Michael Johnson was also eager to contest the group as Guyana opens their account against the US on June 18th.

“It’s real excitement. To pick the States, Trinidad, Panama and you look at these nations that have obviously qualified for World Cup campaigns, anybody looking would probably say Guyana has never qualified for a World Cup and never qualified for a Gold Cup. You would probably think we are at the bottom end of the group,” Johnson old TTFA Media.

“I am a very spiritual guy and if anyone knows the David and Goliath story on any given day, David on that day wins. I remember the Buster Douglas story with Mike Tyson So underdogs can bite at any given time, We will be at our best and if any team looks at little Guyana and thinks well maybe we don’t have to research and do our home work then that might be an opportunity for us,” added Johnson who is a former Derby County player and ambassador the English club.

Pinpointing the game versus T&T in Kansas on June 26th, he continued, “It’s a big game for both countries. I respect Dennis and the work has done. I know Stern John from the region, Shaka and a lot of the guys down there. It is a game we would obviously respect and we will obviously do our home work and research and make sure that we are as prepared as we possibly can be. We can’t get away with not being prepared. We are little Guyana as everybody says so we have to make sure that hopefully we can catch Trinidad on their off day and our players are well prepared and has a ten out of ten day, Johnson stated.

RELATED NEWS

CONCACAF reduces roster sizes, introduces other rules changes for Gold Cup
By Donald Wine II (starsandstripesfc)

Say goodbye to mid-tournament roster changes.

Before CONCACAF unveiled the groups for this summer’s Gold Cup yesterday, the confederation announced a few changes to the biennial tournament aimed at bringing the competition in line with similar regional tournaments. Among the biggest changes include an end to mid-tournament roster changes and the re-institution of extra time during the knockout stage.

Previous Gold Cups allowed teams to have rosters of 30 or 35 that would allow them to replace as many as 6 players on their roster between the end of the group stage and the beginning of the knockout stage. Now, teams can only name 23-man rosters, which means that when United States head coach Gregg Berhalter names his squad sometime in late May, that will be the only 23 players who will be eligible to play in the Gold Cup, even if someone gets injured.

The other major change sees extra time being re-introduced into the knockout stage. Before, only the Gold Cup final had two 15-minute extra time periods. The quarterfinals and semifinals both advanced directly to penalties if the score was deadlocked after 90 minutes. This will mean teams can still attempt to win games on the field and not have to worry about penalties after 90 minutes. CONCACAF Chief of Football Manolo Zubiria said in an interview with Goal.com that after “thorough evaluation,” the region decided that it needed extra time during the knockout stage “to not leave anything to chance in a penalty shootout.”

Finally, the International Football Association Board’s updated rules of the game will be in effect for the Gold Cup and the CONCACAF U-17 Championship. This includes requiring substitutes to leave the field of play at the nearest touch line, the end of the requirement that goal kicks leave the box before being touched by an offensive player, and the new interpretation of handball. However, VAR haters will rejoice as the technology will not be in use for this summer’s Gold Cup.

Hit the comments to leave your thoughts on the rules changes and how they could affect the United States Men’s National Team this summer.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 01:41:32 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 07:08:15 AM »
where we sitting? [* edit: site wukkin now**]

North East or North West closer to the water [good vibrations] in this stadium, although in the Hasley the uncovered is mostly towards the South and South east.

Tallman, what is the formula? Is about time we come up with a consistent plan on where we sit, and not spread all over the stadium in small numbers like Denver.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 04:12:55 AM by kounty »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 10:59:35 AM »
Hey guys.

What section are you all looking at sitting? Any link up before etc.?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 04:16:39 AM »
Elan, so far my crew at 4-5 and hopefully growing, so we go mus knock somthing before the match, although Cleveland mightnt have the number of Trinis to organize something big.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 09:30:44 PM »
Me and my crew in section 336 and in Row 15

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 12:31:10 PM »
Steups!!  I really wish I had known about this game before I organise mih travel plans..... :cursing: :frustrated: :banginghead: :'( :'(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 07:30:21 AM »
Steups!!  I really wish I had known about this game before I organise mih travel plans..... :cursing: :frustrated: :banginghead: :'( :'(
plans made to be changed Brownin! We all know the stadium masses go be longing for that nice easy feelin you leave on people's eyes...particularly the eyes of the menfolk  :D

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 08:09:43 AM »
plans made to be changed Brownin! We all know the stadium masses go be longing for that nice easy feelin you leave on people's eyes...particularly the eyes of the menfolk  :D
Aye Aye...leave we Tobago Girl alone  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2019, 03:42:42 PM »
I gunna make d drive down from Toronto. Ya'll decide where ya sittin yet? Last I checked it was like $75 half line. I say it worth it. Anyone ha big flag? Tallman? where ya?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2019, 08:12:59 PM »
I gunna make d drive down from Toronto. Ya'll decide where ya sittin yet? Last I checked it was like $75 half line. I say it worth it. Anyone ha big flag? Tallman? where ya?

Dat flag down in T&T.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 01:28:59 PM »
**edit** I get rid of them section 118 tix cuz that right next to Sam's Army in 120! lol.
The strategy I will encourage everybody to use in future is to sit in the visitor's section. For this match it is on the south side of the stadium
according to this map.
Hopefully other trinis used that strategy and I see more of us in 111 row 18!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 08:16:35 AM by kounty »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 05:36:04 PM »
Aye Aye...leave we Tobago Girl alone  ;D ;D ;D

:D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2019, 05:21:23 PM »
I got some wuk in Philly then I’ll be driving up from there early in the morn on the 22nd. If anyone trying to join lemme know.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2019, 04:32:12 PM »
By Jeff Carlisle

The group stage will include a match against Trinidad & Tobago, the team whose 2-1 win over the U.S. eliminated the Americans from World Cup qualifying.

"It's not going to change anything. Obviously, I want some revenge, I want to beat them," said Pulisic. "The team is going to go out and give it everything. We want to win that game."

Christian Pulisic

Offline lucky4life

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2019, 08:29:44 PM »
Dam that lost to the socawarrior really HURT the USA on till now because they are still CRYING 😢 like a BITCH 😅😅😅

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2019, 12:42:35 PM »
Vene running USA ragged right now 2-0

as usual ad blockers and all dat should be used here
http://firstrowsportes.net/soccer/usa-venezuela-krk70c254?l=3191476535
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 12:44:13 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2019, 12:47:18 PM »
3-0 35mins USA in danger of being humiliated at home Gold Cup goh be interesting if this continues
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 12:48:49 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2019, 01:16:54 PM »
dat trinidad loss real burnin the U.S. ass boy real talk about dat
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2019, 03:03:28 PM »
dat trinidad loss real burnin the U.S. ass boy real talk about dat

Now they know how we felt when Paul Caliguri chongo goal put us out of the Italy WC. And we should have gotten a penalty in that game. But it was not supposed to be for us. So it was not supposed to be for them also.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Paul and Jones ready for the ‘Return’ clash at Gold Cup 2019
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2019, 03:05:29 PM »
Paul and Jones ready for the ‘Return’ clash at Gold Cup 2019
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago are set to face United States in its second Gold Cup 2019 Group clash in Cleveland on June 22nd. With two matches preceding that encounter , a friendly with Canada on Monday and the Gold Cup opener against Panama on June 18th, the build up to the “Return” as it has been billed in the US is already gaining momentum. Just ask Alvin Jones, the now US-based professional who fired past Tim Howard back in November 2017 to send the Americans through the exit door.

It’s not only Jones though. Midfielder Leston Paul is currently contracted to Memphis 901, a USL club of which Howard is part owner. And generally the media interest in the  T&T  team while in the US has been centred around that match.

“Firstly when I got the offer from Memphis one of the things the coach said to me was ‘you knocked Tim Howard out of the World Cup and now he’s hiring you to play for his team’ so I know it had some banter going on,” Paul told TTFA Media. ” “I’ve spoken to him a couple times but nothing about international football.

“Even the first interview I had at Memphis it was the first thing they asked and even coming into this tournament they kept asking about the rematch so I know it is still on the minds of the people over here. It will definitely be a good game,” Paul said.

“I know it’s going to be a battle. I know they have it in the back of their heads that they have to come and bring their A-game but in saying that, they will have some respect for us,” Paul added.

Jones, who now plays for US club OKC Energy said he was anticipating the encounter but does not feel pressured about it.

“For me personally I feel very relaxed. You are as good as your last game. The last time we played them we won 2-1 . We are not taking the game lightly. We know they are at home and it will be a very important game in the group stage. For me personally I will take it game by game.

“I’ve not felt pressured but some of my teammates at the club make it as a joke sometimes but they have never made me feel uncomfortable. They’ve always welcomed me from the first day and it’s football. I will not say I am sorry but it’s football and that’s how it goes. It so happens I’m working in this country now and that’s life. But yea I think we are all looking forward to this Gold Cup and that second game,” Jones said.

“The main thing for us now is the current preparation. We had a good game against Japan and right now we are working really hard each day. We have to take it game by game. Six points is our first goal to take us out of the group,” Jones added.

T&T trained this morning at Great Park in Irvine, a mere ten-minute drive from the team’s hotel base at the Marriott hotel and will continue its preparations leading into Monday’s friendly with Canada.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2019, 08:41:55 AM »
I just don't see a way forward for us, we played a totally uninspired game yesterday and nothing coming from the coach to make a difference

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2019, 03:08:44 PM »

When comparing 1989 T&T vs USA and 2017 T&T vs USA World Cup qualifying matches, one major factor stand out. In one match US win qualified them for the world cup and the other was a match with T&T despite their win they had no chance of qualifying for the world cup

anyway if we play the US the same way we played against Panama, against Canada, against Japan then expect to get slaughtered! the conservative, attack-less, uninspired style of football will rarely get you wins against good teams

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2019, 03:18:22 PM »
I just don't see a way forward for us, we played a totally uninspired game yesterday and nothing coming from the coach to make a difference

Go ahead and blame the coach. But he has to work with what he has in front of him. We lack creative and attacking talent in the middle of the field. And  quick forwards with quick dribbling skills. Levi fit the latter but he still on the learning curve with the national team. On the attack, we below par.

Defensively we so-so.  Yes DL has to come up with something that will enable our team with few possibilities, play like a top 20 team. Hart had the same problem. He had some success, but was not able to get the team to get pass the quarter finals on two occasions. Go ahead. Let them fire DL and bring in a new coach.  Would not make a difference.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 03:20:49 PM by Deeks »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2019, 09:17:10 PM »
Anyone knows where they training in Cleveland?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2019, 12:20:04 AM »
Michael Bradley feels USMNT rematch with T&T doesn't carry much weight.
By Ian Quillen (MLSsoccer.com).

ST. PAUL, Minn. – Before the US men’s national team could depart Allianz Field following following their 4-0 victory over Guyana to open Group D play Tuesday, questions shifted to their next Concacaf Gold Cup opponent.

Yes, that one. The Trinidad and Tobago national team that sent the US crashing out of 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying with their stunning upset on Oct. 10, 2017.

But any sort of revenge prospects may be more important to supporters than the players, only a few of whom were at Ato Boldon Stadium that night in Couva.

“Totally different team,” said US midfielder Michael Bradley following Tuesday’s win. “There’s like two or three guys here who were in Trinidad. So I’m not sure other than it being a nice narrative for you guys, I’m not sure inside of the group if it carries a whole lot of weight.”

And those who were on the field for T&T’s 2-1 qualifying victory aren’t quite sure what they’ll feel when they look across at the Soca Warriors come Saturday (8 pm ET | FS1, Univision, UDN TSN).

“I think it’s just the opinion of each person,” said winger Paul Arriola. “For me, you know, it will be a little different than other players, I’m sure. But it’s the second game of the group stage that we have to win and really solidify our spot in the group.

“I can probably tell you more after the game how it was, but leading into the game right now, it’s just focus, recover, and get onto the field.”

What Arriola is sure of is T&T will be totally focused from the outset, in part because of their opening 2-0 loss to Panama. With the Gold Cup field expanded to 16 teams, only the top two finishers in each group advance to the quarterfinals, meaning T&T needs at least a draw and maybe a victory to remain in contention.

In that respect, Tuesday’s game against a Guyana side amped to play their nation’s first ever game in a major tournament may have provided a good test.

“I thought tonight we did a pretty good job of the initial intensity and we were really able to come into our own afterward,” Arriola said. “But it will be extremely important to get off with our right foot forward against [T&T]. They’re a physical team, they’re a fast team. They need the three points just as much or maybe even more than we do.”

A larger portion of the Soca Warriors’ squad from the teams’ previous meeting remains. Six of those who started against the US in Couva were also in coach Dennis Lawrence’s XI on Tuesday.

Does that mean the Americans will face a T&T side carrying more confidence into the meeting than in previous encounters? Bradley isn’t so sure.

“That’s not a question for me,” he said. “Given the result tonight, I expect them to come out and play like they need to get three points. I have no idea if the game from those two years ago means anything to them."

Molino expects US to "come with extra drive" in Trinidad & Tobago rematch

As if there weren’t already enough potential emotion surrounding the US men’s national team’s first chance to play Trinidad and Tobago since T&T knocked them out of 2018 World Cup qualifying, there’s also the reality that the Soca Warriors will be in do-or-die mode.

With 16 teams in the Concacaf Gold Cup for the first time, only the top two group finishers advance. And after a disappointing 2-0 opening loss to Panama on Tuesday, that means Trinidad must perform in Saturday’s Group D encounter against the US in Cleveland (8 pm ET | FS1, Univision, UDN in US, TSN5 in Canada).

“We just need to get a good result, just make sure we don’t lose the game against the US,” said Minnesota United midfielder Kevin Molino after going all 90 minutes for T&T in his home ground. “But I think we have what it takes in the locker room to win the game.”

The teams’ last meeting sent shockwaves around the soccer world in October of 2017, when Alvin Jones’ stunning strike ultimately gave T&T a 2-1 victory and kept the US out of the FIFA World Cup for the first time since 1986.

That history should give the Soca Warriors confidence another upset is possible, but Molino also believes his team needs to leave it in the past.

He doesn’t expect the USMNT to do the same.

“They will come motivated, and come with extra drive to want to win the game because of what happened in the World Cup qualification,” Molino said. “We want to repeat that. We want to win again and qualify for the next round. Most important is that it’s not about the last result [in qualifying]. It’s about us trying to move forward in the tournament.”

Trinidad missed their own chance at revenge at Allianz Field Tuesday, falling to the same Panamanian side that eliminated them on penalties in their last Gold Cup match, the 2015 quarterfinals.

That meant a bittersweet homecoming for Molino, who got a noticeable ovation during player introductions from those who arrived in time for the opener of the twin bill. He must’ve also noticed the roar from the crowd when it reacted to Mason Toye’s winner in MNUFC’s 3-2, come-from-behind U.S. Open Cup triumph at the Houston Dynamo, a match screened during T&T-Panama.

His side couldn’t engineer a similar comeback against a Canaleros squad whose continuous pressure was eventually rewarded with costly T&T mistakes.

“All of us were sloppy, and we have to rebound and go back to the drawing board, and work hard and keep fighting,” Molino said. “I was happy to be here playing, the fan support was great. But overall, collectively, the most important thing is ... we didn’t get the three points.”

« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 12:28:46 AM by Flex »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2019, 03:06:09 AM »
I don’t care what the hell molino and Hyland says we’re simply not getting anything from this USA game there’s just no friggin way, it’s over for us we’re going home. The game they were supposed to get something from was the Panama game and they goofed, the USA will stump us in the ground. sorry to say.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 03:08:21 AM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2019, 04:59:04 AM »

Go ahead and blame the coach. But he has to work with what he has in front of him. We lack creative and attacking talent in the middle of the field. And  quick forwards with quick dribbling skills. Levi fit the latter but he still on the learning curve with the national team. On the attack, we below par.

Defensively we so-so.  Yes DL has to come up with something that will enable our team with few possibilities, play like a top 20 team. Hart had the same problem. He had some success, but was not able to get the team to get pass the quarter finals on two occasions. Go ahead. Let them fire DL and bring in a new coach.  Would not make a difference.

Players of that ilk were either on the bench or not selected.

With the central midfield constituted as it is, yuh not going  to get the fruits. Perhaps a creative player within the mix, but at least one player needs to not be shy about being positive with the ball.

Finding a way for Williams and Joevin to be on the same time isn't the worst idea. Unlike others, I was not at all surprised that Jomal Williams could get the nod with Jones on the bench. Could that be achieved without sacrificing Lewis? Maybe. Maybe not. Lewis was never going to give you 90 minutes, so why not have him be the sub coming on. We know the shift he could put in as an impact player in reduced time. He'll always give his markers something to think about.

If you review Hyland's career and where he is effective offensively, he's a player one needs to have arriving between 20 to 35 yards from goal. There is a consistent pattern of him troubling goalkeepers from outside the "D" and creating second opportunities for other attackers. To have him in matches sitting on this shooting ability is less than ideal. Why restrict it to dead ball situations? Get him there in the run of play.

Ppl talk about him being anonymous and missing in action, but if I'm a carpenter I would be an anonymous plumber.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 05:01:42 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2019, 07:16:09 AM »
^^^^ I remembered when Joevin joined the team before the Canada game he didn't start and DL mentioned it was because he wasn't fit since he just started back at Seattle. Could be the reason he didn't start? Jomal and Joevin both play on the left, what do you think about Joevin in the middle with Molino? I feel they can be positive with the ball and their presence on the inside will create space for us on the width given their ability to attract opponents.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2019, 08:34:07 AM »
^^^^ I remembered when Joevin joined the team before the Canada game he didn't start and DL mentioned it was because he wasn't fit since he just started back at Seattle. Could be the reason he didn't start? Jomal and Joevin both play on the left, what do you think about Joevin in the middle with Molino? I feel they can be positive with the ball and their presence on the inside will create space for us on the width given their ability to attract opponents.

Joevin not left footed slot him on d right and let him cut in...you kinda lose his crossing from the right but u may gain ah goal threat

I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>