March 28, 2024, 01:59:02 PM

Author Topic: 2019 Outdoor Season Featuring T&T Athletes  (Read 23513 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Outdoor Season Featuring T&T Athletes
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2019, 01:33:10 PM »

T&T squad for World Champs...and its a small team simply because enough our athletes did not meet the qualifying standards to compete

Kyle Greaux, Jereem Richards (200m), Machel Cedenio (400m), Andwuelle Wright (long jump), Keshorn Walcott (javelin), mile relay squad (Cedenio, Mitchell, Guevera, Richards, Lendore)

When last you see a T&T team going into a major Track and Field championships with NO contestant in the men and women 100m. NONE of our male athletes meet the qualifying run time standard to compete at the Worlds only ONE of our female the women run time standard (Ahye) and she is on suspension.

So how is this not being raised by the sports media in T&T? Because its the media who has to bring the significance of this disappointment to the attention of the public.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2019, 01:36:02 PM »

..and only of our 400m sprinters (Cedenio) will be contesting the individual 400m..once again its because he is the only one who met the qualifying standard

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2019, 09:24:55 AM »

T&T squad for World Champs...and its a small team simply because enough our athletes did not meet the qualifying standards to compete

Kyle Greaux, Jereem Richards (200m), Machel Cedenio (400m), Andwuelle Wright (long jump), Keshorn Walcott (javelin), mile relay squad (Cedenio, Mitchell, Guevera, Richards, Lendore)

When last you see a T&T team going into a major Track and Field championships with NO contestant in the men and women 100m. NONE of our male athletes meet the qualifying run time standard to compete at the Worlds only ONE of our female the women run time standard (Ahye) and she is on suspension.

So how is this not being raised by the sports media in T&T? Because its the media who has to bring the significance of this disappointment to the attention of the public.

Its not true that only ONE of our female sprinters ran the 100m IAAF World Champs qualifying standard of 11.24 for this season.  If MLA had not been suspended we would have had 3 female sprinters who ran quicker than the 11.24 IAAF World Champs 100m qualifying standard.

KAB's 100m SB this season is 11.14 which is actually faster than MLA's 100m SB of 11.18.
In addition Kamaria Durant ran quicker than the 11.24 IAAF World Champs 100m qualifying standard at our 2019 Open Senior Champs when she ran a legal 11.17 in the 100m Semis. 
So KAB with a SB of 11.14, Durant with a SB of 11.17 and MLA with a SB of 11.18 all met and surpassed the IAAF World Champs 100m Qualifying Standard of 11.24 this season.
See this link for confirmation: https://www.iaaf.org/records/toplists/sprints/100-metres/outdoor/women/senior/2019

In addition KAB is actually competing in the 100m in Doha and is thru to the 100m Semis taking place this evening. See this link: https://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-championships/iaaf-world-athletics-championships-doha-2019-6033/results/women/100-metres/semi-final/startlist#resultheader

Question we need to ask is why was Kamaria Durant not selected to run the 100m in Doha alongside KAB but we know she is running the 200m so maybe she wanted to concentrate on her stronger event which is the 200m.

Jereem Richards and Kyle Greaux are also starting their 200m medal campaigns today as they appear in Heats 4 & 7 respectively of the Men's 200m. See this link: https://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-championships/iaaf-world-athletics-championships-doha-2019-6033/results/men/200-metres/heats/startlist#resultheader
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 08:54:12 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2019, 09:27:29 PM »

None of ^^these women made the final. No men made final because none competed due to not meeting qualifying standard

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2019, 09:28:41 PM »

People say a prayer for the men 4x400 team to not just win a medal but win Gold. They are the only real chance of seeing T&T on the podium in Doha

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2019, 06:02:56 AM »
Greaux is in tremendous form. I seen his race yesterday. He has a chance of getting on to the podium. Actually he's looking better than Jereem.. and Jereem does not look bad at all.

Someone actually thought KAB will be in the final?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2019, 07:06:37 AM »
Greaux is in tremendous form. I seen his race yesterday. He has a chance of getting on to the podium. Actually he's looking better than Jereem.. and Jereem does not look bad at all.

Someone actually thought KAB will be in the final?

Those were just the heats, wait for the semis to really measure them

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2019, 08:47:12 AM »

:thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2019, 07:02:51 PM »
Jereem struggled. No final for him.

Greaux had to work his way for 2nd in the semi. Did not look as good as he did in the heats. He needs a good lane to finish top 5. Top 3.. he'll need nothing higher than 19.90

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2019, 07:51:13 AM »

Greaux had to work his way for 2nd in the semi. Did not look as good as he did in the heats. He needs a good lane to finish top 5. Top 3.. he'll need nothing higher than 19.90

:thumbsup:

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2019, 07:59:44 AM »

and like I told you earlier don't get carried away by the heats see what happened in the semi final

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2019, 12:02:36 PM »
just saw Machel won the heat for the 400m. Shocker number one. Fred Norman did not make it. He appears to have an injury. And shocker number 2, Machel was carried off in a wheel chair. He look alright to me. But I don't know what that means for the final. He did not make the PanAm finals. So is this "injury" come back or what?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2019, 01:37:38 PM »
just saw Machel won the heat for the 400m. Shocker number one. Fred Norman did not make it. He appears to have an injury. And shocker number 2, Machel was carried off in a wheel chair. He look alright to me. But I don't know what that means for the final. He did not make the PanAm finals. So is this "injury" come back or what?

Of course Fred Norman aint make it. . Fred Norman doesnt exist. You mean Michael Norman.

I hope Cedenio is okay. He's on pace to challenge for a medal. He'll need to run sub 44. The 3 big guys ahead of him (Kerley, James and Gardiner) have all run 43

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2019, 02:42:01 PM »
My very baad!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2019, 07:05:49 PM »
My very baad!

You know I playing with yuh deeks :thumbsup:

Cedenio is 100%. He confirmed the wheelchair was just a precaution. He got a good lane draw this time. In Rio he was running out of the inside lane. For a man his height, that is the last lane you dont want to be in..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2019, 03:55:54 PM »
Shauni Miller beaten today by a Bahraini I have never heard about. Was a great race and fantastic time also.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2019, 08:27:00 AM »
Shauni Miller beaten today by a Bahraini I have never heard about. Was a great race and fantastic time also.

How you never heard of Naser and you been following track? She is one of the top 400m sprinters in the last three years. Look back at her old races and where she finished.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2019, 08:31:32 AM »

Salwa Eid Naser is originally from Nigeria and has been showing signs of becoming a world beater ever since she won the junior 400m world title as an 18 year old. She is only 21 now so could dominate the women's 400m for the next 4 to 8 years.

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2019, 01:37:24 PM »
Sad to see Cedenio fade but he did his best

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2019, 06:12:28 PM »
So it appears it will be  zero medals at this championships.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2019, 08:13:28 PM »
So it appears it will be  zero medals at this championships.

Waiting to see what the 4x400 relay team do

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2019, 11:50:20 PM »
Khalila Muhammed and Sydney MCLoughlin. What  a fantastic duo!  I saw our girls in the 4x100. They looked good. I wish them all the best. I like how Kamaria is coming into her own.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2019, 09:20:58 AM »
Sad to see Cedenio fade but he did his best

He exerted a bit too much energy during the first half of the race trying to keep up with the main medal contenders and realized that he did not have enough gas left down the home straight to execute his trademark kick. Or it is also possible when Cedenio realized he couldn't get among the medals to conserve his energy for the 4x4 relays which is the next day (Saturday) and also Sunday (provided we qualify for the Final).

I believe next season Machel needs to run more 200s to work on his raw speed and to try to get his 200m PB down to 20 flat or faster if he wants to seriously contend for a medal in the 400m flat in Tokyo next year which will require sub-44 times and ability.

To win medals in 400m these days at World Champs or Olympics you need to also be very good at the 200m to have that raw speed so that running the first half of the race in about 22 flat or less does not take too much out of you effort wise.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 09:30:05 AM by Socapro »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2019, 09:49:45 AM »
When Cedenio came around the last turn he had a little wobble like he had to adjust his steps so he wouldn't step outside his lane. That had to have taken away some momentum.
Better luck next time

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2019, 01:24:50 PM »
Just saw our girls in the 4x100. Honestly, they never stood a chance. But I liked their fight. Unfortunately, they not fast enough. Their baton passing decent to good.  The last 2 exchanges could be bit better. But I like this quartet.  They just need to work on their passing. Hopefully Khalifa will be fit and ready. We need more than 4.  One injury and that is it.  Well done.  Work hard.  Blessings.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2019, 01:56:24 PM »
Just saw our girls in the 4x100. Honestly, they never stood a chance. But I liked their fight. Unfortunately, they not fast enough. Their baton passing decent to good.  The last 2 exchanges could be bit better. But I like this quartet.  They just need to work on their passing. Hopefully Khalifa will be fit and ready. We need more than 4.  One injury and that is it.  Well done.  Work hard.  Blessings.

With Khalifa and MLA back in the squad their chance of pressing for a medal should improve but they will need to run relays more regularly next season and to hopefully take part in an annual relay camp which is desperately needed.

Hopefully MLA wins her "Whereabouts Failure" hearing based on her case being almost exactly the same as USA's Christian Coleman's and she will be back in the Relay squad and running for T&T next year rather than having to face a possible 2 year ban.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2019, 08:19:28 AM »
We just narrowly qualified for the 4x400 mens final. Lendore had to come from behind to get us in. Valiant effort by our team.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2019, 12:43:27 PM »
We just narrowly qualified for the 4x400 mens final. Lendore had to come from behind to get us in. Valiant effort by our team.

and finished 5th in final

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2019, 12:44:05 PM »

Who brave enough to tell me out loud how many medals T&T won at the Championships and when last we win this amount?  :D

1]; } ?>