March 28, 2024, 03:33:29 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Canada Game (10-June-2019)  (Read 7448 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Canada Game (10-June-2019)
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2019, 09:48:31 AM »
Essentially you're saying some of our players are not ready for the international level based on the limitations and errors they consistently make. So I'm saying then why do we continue to select those types of players? At this level a coach is judged on his record whether we like it or not. As a coach you have to find the players to give you the best chance to win and those will be the players who are developing in a constructive environment and playing competitively week in, week out. I couldn't tell who the players were that were responsible for leaving unmarked players in the box but if it's local players we can't really fault them because they haven't played in any league of about a year and really shouldn't be on the roster at this point in time.
I like DL and want to see him do well but recruitment is part of the coach's job and we have players who are fit, sharp and playing like Ryan Telfair or even Hoyte (experienced defender in the MLS) that can't even make the 40 man roster but we selecting player who're consistently make school boy mistakes. Heck we have an entire thread on eligible players that I doubt our staff knows about. Let's find the players who can help us go forward and score goals with efficient skillful finishing given the clear chances we create.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2019, 11:50:31 AM »
So, these are the same players that knocked the US out of the World Cup and the same coach. The same coach and players that played Mexico tough in Mexico a couple years ago. So is it the players? Is it the coach? If you look at all our sports, there is a lack of consistency that permeates many of our players attitudes. Today hot, tomorrow cold. Hart led our players to a successful Gold Cup a few years ago with two unforgettable performances against Panama and Mexico. Soon after, we couldn't beat Martinique, with mostly the same players. Of course, there are a few exceptions, but in general, we as a people need to demonstrate a lot more professionalism and get rid of the laissez-faire attitude that continues to dog us. Till then, the losses will pile up and make us fans continue the suffering.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2019, 12:13:49 PM »
Essentially you're saying some of our players are not ready for the international level based on the limitations and errors they consistently make. So I'm saying then why do we continue to select those types of players? At this level a coach is judged on his record whether we like it or not. As a coach you have to find the players to give you the best chance to win and those will be the players who are developing in a constructive environment and playing competitively week in, week out. I couldn't tell who the players were that were responsible for leaving unmarked players in the box but if it's local players we can't really fault them because they haven't played in any league of about a year and really shouldn't be on the roster at this point in time.
I like DL and want to see him do well but recruitment is part of the coach's job and we have players who are fit, sharp and playing like Ryan Telfair or even Hoyte (experienced defender in the MLS) that can't even make the 40 man roster but we selecting player who're consistently make school boy mistakes. Heck we have an entire thread on eligible players that I doubt our staff knows about. Let's find the players who can help us go forward and score goals with efficient skillful finishing given the clear chances we create.
and tell me my friend where are we going to find those players that you alluded too. so far 5 players from the pool who were playing regularly have excluded themselves from the gold cup roster ( bateau- guerra- David- rondel winchester- tristen hodges) do you think we have such a talent pool that we could simply walk out and pick players Willy nilly to replace them?

I would bet that most the players you mentioned for one reason or another were selected and refused the call up at least on one occasion. we could sit here and complain but we have no knowledge of what’s taking place behind the scenes.

our players who did make it to the gold cup are for the most part foreign based and has been playing all season long with the exception of molino of course. As it stands we have less than 11 locals in the squad (7 total to be exact) and the players who were sloppy in the box were not locals but foreign based. the problem for me is not where you play but what kind of footballing system reared you and if you still adhere and revert back to those practices and how much do you want to develop into a dynamic player which will in turn develop the discipline to leave those bad habits behind you and that will only happen with constant practice and hard work.

the mistakes these lads are making is part of their football up bringing which takes years to develop and time and practice to wean off your psyche. they have to want this change and it never goes away no matter what big name coach you play for..... take kenny for instance, he played in the top tier of English football and had years in the championship to prepare him for top flight football, yet his touches were very poor and his work ethic suffered after a few years in the premiership which saw him reverting right back to being a pro league player when he had to potential to be the greatest TT footballer ever to play in Europe if only he had the desire and the discipline to perfect his craft.

he had the footballing IQ the athletism and the speed to make it a happen, all he need to do was put in the home work, same for Dwight Russell and stern they all blew it with their local mind set. it’s what we see on a regular basis with these lads, they are very inconsistent, they will beat America today and lose to Grenada tomorrow simply because of their psyche.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2019, 12:21:44 PM »
So, these are the same players that knocked the US out of the World Cup and the same coach. The same coach and players that played Mexico tough in Mexico a couple years ago. So is it the players? Is it the coach? If you look at all our sports, there is a lack of consistency that permeates many of our players attitudes. Today hot, tomorrow cold. Hart led our players to a successful Gold Cup a few years ago with two unforgettable performances against Panama and Mexico. Soon after, we couldn't beat Martinique, with mostly the same players. Of course, there are a few exceptions, but in general, we as a people need to demonstrate a lot more professionalism and get rid of the laissez-faire attitude that continues to dog us. Till then, the losses will pile up and make us fans continue the suffering.
well said mate. that’s what I was alluding too all along. no matter who coaches this bunch they have to want to win and the only reason they suffer so many disappointing defeats is because they revert right back to the local system which raised and nurtured them in the sport ( their football psyche)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2019, 03:44:14 PM »
T&T Men downed in final Gold Cup warm up.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago conceded goals on either side of the half as they fell 2-0 to Canada in their final Warm up ahead of the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup in Monday’s international friendly played behind closed doors at the Titan Stadium in Cal State Fullerton.

Canadian captain Scott Arfield who plays for Glasgow Rangers gave Canada the perfect start with a neatly taken volleyed strike in the 5th minute and he sealed the win in the 90th minute with another fine effort past substitute goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh.

T&T head coach Dennis Lawrence made seven changes to his starting team from the one that featured in the 0-0 draw with Japan last week in Aichi. Coming into the team was Minnesota midfielder Kevin Molino who played the full encounter along with Seattle Sounders’ Joevin Jones, Akeem Humphrey, goalkeeper Adrian Foncette, Shahdon Winchester, Neveal Hackshaw and Cordell Cato. Captain Khaleem Hyland joined Marvin Phillip, Levi Garcia, Nathan Lewis, Jomal Williams, Alvin Jones and Leston Paul on the bench.

T&T created quite a few chances and had only themselves to blame for not getting on the scoresheet. Winchester had two misses in the first half while Molino also directed a right footer over bar from atop the penalty box before the break. Garcia came on in the second half  and fired one high across the goal from a tight angle after beating his man near the touch line deep in the box.

T&T lost defender Carlyle Mitchell in the first half after he complained of a groin problem.

There were some positives for Lawrence as he indicated in the post-match interview.

“I was very, very pleased with a lot of the aspects,” Lawrence told TTFA Media.

“Obviously disappointed to concede two goals, one so early in the game and then one late but in terms of a training exercise for the boys I thought it was very good for us. It give us the opportunity to try different players, to try different players in different positions because we are still trying to find the right balance.

“ I was a bit pleased especially in the second half with the way we managed the game. We got ourselves in a lot of good attacking situations but again we didn’t manage to convert. All in all it was a very pleasing exercise for us,” Lawrence added.

The T&T boss did say he hoped to have used more players in the match.

“I was just a bit disappointed with the way the rules were used. We were only allowed to use six substitutions and we were planning to give everybody a game today. We wanted to play some people for 45 minutes but we were not able to do that today but all in all it was a pretty good exercise for the boys.

“It was important for these boys. Molino last played on the 2nd and Joevin has been coming on for his club since he got there. Ranjitsingh has not been playing so we felt it was very important that they got some minutes that we gave them some minutes in this training exercise. They did well. Molino managed to get through 90 minutes which was good for us. Ranjitsingh I thought did well when he came on and Joevin we can still see he needs a little bit more but we have still got some days to try make up the ground.

“The main important thing for us is to recover. One of the sour points today for us which we were very concerned about coming back from Japan was any injuries. Carlyle picked up something slight and I’m hoping it’s nothing series so it remains about recovery,” Lawrence concluded.

Teams

T&T: 22. Adrian Foncette (21.Greg Ranjitsingh 45’), 5. Daneil Cyrus (captain), 12. Carlyle Mitchell (Curtis Gonzales 26’), 7. Cordell Cato, 10. Kevin Molino, 3. Joevin Jones (13.Nathan Lewis 66’), 9. Shahdon Winchester (Levi Garcia 45’),17. Mekeil Williams (23. Leston Paul 51),14. Akeem Humphrey (Leston Paul), 19. Kevan George (Khaleem Hyland, 75’), 4. Neveal Hackhaw.

Subs not used: 1. Marvin Phillip, 2. Leland Archer, 20. Jomal Williams, 16. Alvin Jones, 6. Duane Muckette, 18. Lester Peltier.

Head Coach: Dennis Lawrence

Canada 18 Borjan, 2 Brault-Guillard, 4 Cornelius, 6 Piette, 10 Hoilett, 12 Davies, 13 Hutchinson, 14 Kaye, 16 Arfield, 19 Cavallini, 21 Osorio.

Head Coach:  John Herdman.

Highlights - T&T vs Canada Friendly

Post-Match Reactions - Lawrence after T&T vs Canada Friendly

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2019, 04:14:20 PM »
pull stones, I disagree with you on Dwight. Dwight did quite well and succeeded. Could have lasted longer at ManU? Maybe. But Dwight did it all.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2019, 08:28:42 AM »
pull stones, I disagree with you on Dwight. Dwight did quite well and succeeded. Could have lasted longer at ManU? Maybe. But Dwight did it all.
deeks Dwight did it on raw talent and his love for the game but if Dwight had actually put his shoulders to the wheel and put the boozing the partying and the fraternizing behind him and seriously worked on his craft that boy would have been the absolute king of the hill, that dude had it all and I mean all that it takes to be the best baller ever, that is why sir Alex was sore at him because he saw the potential in Dwight to be the best ever.

Ask Floyd mayweather what was the secret to his success and he will be sure to let you know that it was dedication to his craft and less bullshiting with his mates, in fact ask any great athlete Micheal jordon -Lionel Messi - christiano ronaldo- usain bolt- those lads put in the over time mate, it’s not guess work it’s actual science.

Stern and Latapy also had what it took to have a very long and successful careers in the sport, do you know how hard it is to score 69 international goals? That’s a mega achievement in case you didn’t know. if stern was actually dedicated to his craft people would still be talking about him instead of phenomeno. our boys survive only on raw talent and it’s time they learn to put in the extra work that would afford them better ball control concentration and foot to eye coordination which only comes with constant practice.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:38:09 AM by pull stones »

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2019, 09:33:36 AM »
deeks Dwight did it on raw talent and his love for the game but if Dwight had actually put his shoulders to the wheel and put the boozing the partying and the fraternizing behind him and seriously worked on his craft that boy would have been the absolute king of the hill, that dude had it all and I mean all that it takes to be the best baller ever, that is why sir Alex was sore at him because he saw the potential in Dwight to be the best ever.

Ask Floyd mayweather what was the secret to his success and he will be sure to let you know that it was dedication to his craft and less bullshiting with his mates, in fact ask any great athlete Micheal jordon -Lionel Messi - christiano ronaldo- usain bolt- those lads put in the over time mate, it’s not guess work it’s actual science.

Stern and Latapy also had what it took to have a very long and successful careers in the sport, do you know how hard it is to score 69 international goals? That’s a mega achievement in case you didn’t know. if stern was actually dedicated to his craft people would still be talking about him instead of phenomeno. our boys survive only on raw talent and it’s time they learn to put in the extra work that would afford them better ball control concentration and foot to eye coordination which only comes with constant practice.

I disagree. Dwight did put in the hard work. I remember reading an article after a GC win, while the team was celebrating downstairs Yorke was absent. The reporter went to his room only to realise Dwight was working out in his room before coming down to celebrate.

There were other instances right in Tobago while on vacation Dwight would be seen training early in the morning. So to say Dwight wasnt king of the hill because of a lack of dedication to craft is an extreme exaggeration in my opinion.

Alex may not have approved of the lifestyle Yorke was pushing off the field and used that against him, but Yorke has always been dedicated to his craft. Look at the time at Sunderland ....Yorke at 35 was rated the fittest player at the club.

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2019, 12:03:20 PM »
In addition to what Cowen said, some ppl fail to realize the detrimental significance of a knee injury in this game. Something both Jones and John experienced. Also, because now and then we are able to be blessed with a world class athlete now and then, some TT supporters (bless their soul) tend to expect our athletes, our ppl even to be the best in the world. One must sometimes try to keep a level head doh. There are millions of dedicated talented athletes with super and perfect up bringing and training who in some cases barely get a sniff in their sport, some that manage to get a foot in and manage to stay injury free, and still will never attain achievement of any stratospheric successes of MJ, Messi, Bolt et al. Nah easy so.

I observing one right here, for the last 10 years. And to say he or those millions not working hard enough is totally ignorant and disrespectful to the little accomplishments and many sacrifices they have made.

I will leave mho on our team game for another time. Please have some understanding for the sacrifices our guys make, even if they don’t attain the lofty goals we fans expect.

ps: Do underestimate Grenada or Bermuda or nobody either.. Rule #1    ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 12:14:38 PM by maxg »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2019, 04:53:08 PM »
Before that gold cup, where we got our name placed in gold cup history.....Hart had undergone a rough patch too, if I recall correctly so let's see if history can repeat itself and the team clicks when it matters most
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2019, 05:02:56 PM »

I disagree. Dwight did put in the hard work. I remember reading an article after a GC win, while the team was celebrating downstairs Yorke was absent. The reporter went to his room only to realise Dwight was working out in his room before coming down to celebrate.

There were other instances right in Tobago while on vacation Dwight would be seen training early in the morning. So to say Dwight wasnt king of the hill because of a lack of dedication to craft is an extreme exaggeration in my opinion.

Alex may not have approved of the lifestyle Yorke was pushing off the field and used that against him, but Yorke has always been dedicated to his craft. Look at the time at Sunderland ....Yorke at 35 was rated the fittest player at the club.

i was in England when Dwight was at villa and man unitied and it’s common knowledge that Dwight loved the night life and did a whole lot of partying, the reason why it didn’t affect him as much was because he’s a freak of nature with great genes who’s happens to be super gifted, and with the necessary work required he would have been a monster.

he was the only player in our country’s history to go straight to top flight English football at such a tender age bypassing the lower leagues entirely. there’s no mystery that man was super talented and had all the goods to be the next pele had he put in the work, and no he did not put in the work.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2019, 05:14:10 PM »
In addition to what Cowen said, some ppl fail to realize the detrimental significance of a knee injury in this game. Something both Jones and John experienced. Also, because now and then we are able to be blessed with a world class athlete now and then, some TT supporters (bless their soul) tend to expect our athletes, our ppl even to be the best in the world. One must sometimes try to keep a level head doh. There are millions of dedicated talented athletes with super and perfect up bringing and training who in some cases barely get a sniff in their sport, some that manage to get a foot in and manage to stay injury free, and still will never attain achievement of any stratospheric successes of MJ, Messi, Bolt et al. Nah easy so.

I observing one right here, for the last 10 years. And to say he or those millions not working hard enough is totally ignorant and disrespectful to the little accomplishments and many sacrifices they have made.

I will leave mho on our team game for another time. Please have some understanding for the sacrifices our guys make, even if they don’t attain the lofty goals we fans expect.

theres no disrespect intended mate, just expounding on an observation. one of the reasons why our sports people don’t excel in trinidad is because of all the excuses folks come up with for failure.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2019, 06:03:15 PM »

i was in England when Dwight was at villa and man unitied and it’s common knowledge that Dwight loved the night life and did a whole lot of partying, the reason why it didn’t affect him as much was because he’s a freak of nature with great genes who’s happens to be super gifted, and with the necessary work required he would have been a monster.

he was the only player in our country’s history to go straight to top flight English football at such a tender age bypassing the lower leagues entirely. there’s no mystery that man was super talented and had all the goods to be the next pele had he put in the work, and no he did not put in the work.

It is laughable that you actually think that Dwight Yorke didnt put in the work.  Many people associated with the clubs that Dwight played for are synchronized in voice when it comes to the amount of work that he puts in.

I understand your point about the need for hard work, but Dwight isnt a good example.  Maybe if you had used Arnold Dwarika, your point would have been better received since i think it is a good point, but even to this day, Dwight still puts in the work and his fitness is never taken for granted.

ah love it!!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 06:05:21 PM by andre samuel »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2019, 12:12:22 AM »

theres no disrespect intended mate, just expounding on an observation. one of the reasons why our sports people don’t excel in trinidad is because of all the excuses folks come up with for failure.
Excuses ?What excuses are ppl coming up with..give an example..If you don't try to determine the reason for lack of successes and then try to fix those ( and new ones may be discovered then), then you're destined to repeat the same mistakes that caused the failure. That ain't rocket science. You might just get everything correct, and age or injury rears it's ugly head, and you start with a new bunch.
Name one world sport or any sport for that matter where the National athletes don't put in as much work as they possibly can ? They don't want to be great ? How come England with all the money, history, players, leagues, clubs, supporters, don't win the WC or produce a Messi or CR ? Them Like TT, sometimes catch hell to get by first round ? How come Italy or US didn't make last time ? They didn't put in the work ?  How come Harry Kane don't attain the same level of CR ? Why does Argentina or Portugal not winning the WC in recent years, only Messi and CR putting in the work on their TEAMS ?  Why are ppl wherever they are in normal life ? Only a few work hard enough ?In sport it's not about only hard work, so many other factors, and as a small country with big dreams, even in the socio-economic and sporting world, we tend to always have some bacanal (my observation). Why blame the ppl who actually representing for it. Who put in the work for a Trump ? Yet he's the leader of one of the great countries, that we knocked out the WC. Let them work harder and not look at why(excuse), so we could cut they ass again  :D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2019, 01:07:11 AM »

It is laughable that you actually think that Dwight Yorke didnt put in the work.  Many people associated with the clubs that Dwight played for are synchronized in voice when it comes to the amount of work that he puts in.

I understand your point about the need for hard work, but Dwight isnt a good example.  Maybe if you had used Arnold Dwarika, your point would have been better received since i think it is a good point, but even to this day, Dwight still puts in the work and his fitness is never taken for granted.

ah love it!!

Cowen, I think Dwight gave his all for Villa, ManU. I think his injuries could have contributed to his lack of play time at ManU after the Euro Championship. He was not  capable of keeping his place in the team. With a man like Alex Ferguson, you had to be ready to go. Maybe Dwight felt he was a loyal servant  to the coach and the club. But football coaches only have sentimentality for a very few. If the coach butt heads with Beckham and Ronaldo, who is Dwight.

Yes, Dwight was the only player from TT to go straight to the premier. True. But football  in Britain and Europe had changed. Dwight was at the right time. Timing was everything. And he had the right attitude at his age. Exception to the rule. I think some players from the 60s and 70s could have made it in England if the market was opened. I think Lincoln, Alvin, Sedley, Bert Grell, Archibald, Everald Cummin, Ian Bain, Alvin Henderson, Keith Acqui and Ron LaForrest could have made it if the market was as open. That is my opinion.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2019, 03:09:09 PM »
Losing to Canada smh

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2019, 03:48:13 PM »
Losing to Canada smh
:D Toronto Raptors in NBA final smh too 

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2019, 12:48:14 AM »
Losing to Canada smh

Oops.. a team outside of USA, ah cold ass place like Canada, with all kinda ppl from all over the world, son of Our soul, win a NBA title.. what is this world coming too  :bs: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2019, 08:07:13 AM »
Losing to Canada smh

Oops.. a team outside of USA, ah cold ass place like Canada, with all kinda ppl from all over the world, son of Our soul, win a NBA title.. what is this world coming too  :bs: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
Congrats :beermug:

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2019, 01:57:55 PM »
Losing to Canada smh

???

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2019, 09:20:18 PM »
Losing to Canada smh

???
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaal_Magloire

I believe his parents were originally from Diego, but I knew them from Belmont and later, Toronto.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 09:22:37 PM by maxg »

1]; } ?>