March 28, 2024, 10:13:18 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Martinique Games (6 & 9-Sept-2019)  (Read 32735 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Martinique Games (6 & 9-Sept-2019)
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2019, 12:40:31 PM »
Coneboy is a recent graduate of (or en route to being a BSc grad of Liverpool John Moores Uni). He has ties to Everton where he did an internship. LJMU is a pioneer in England in match/performance analysis and the institution has other strong areas of competence (football business,  physiology etc.) He might be working for free to relatively free/cheap ... with the inherent benefit of a CV line and other things.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 12:42:51 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2019, 01:25:48 PM »
Seeker as you say that I now looked at the technical staff and it's a full slate including massage therapist, if I remember correctly that was one of DL's complaints from the GC. I tried to compare this staff to the one from GC but couldn't find anything listed.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2019, 02:20:09 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8IrMjKnYTYE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8IrMjKnYTYE</a>

interesting he says there are a couple  other players  they are trying to finalize i wonder who they are ?? Nick delon panos nahkid  .. ryan innis bring back BOSTOCK......

Good going Dennis.

Still woulda like to see Noah Powder on de team though, oe for de future.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2019, 03:03:42 PM »
WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago train in St. Lucia ahead of their Concacaf Nations League matches against Martinique

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bneg71xfNtU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bneg71xfNtU</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2019, 05:58:17 PM »
Seeker as you say that I now looked at the technical staff and it's a full slate including massage therapist, if I remember correctly that was one of DL's complaints from the GC. I tried to compare this staff to the one from GC but couldn't find anything listed.

There was a football team of a technical staff earlier this year.

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2019, 06:37:34 PM »
Telfer? Wow! That is a pleasant surprise.  Where is Greg ?

Heard "passport issue"
Sounds odd. 
Has it expired or simply a excuse to cover up not including him?

Find that hard to believe since he never had a problem coming down to visit us for Christmas or other Family events. I think the last time I saw him was for a funeral of a family member.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2019, 07:02:53 PM »
Telfer? Wow! That is a pleasant surprise.  Where is Greg ?

Heard "passport issue"
Sounds odd. 
Has it expired or simply a excuse to cover up not including him?

Find that hard to believe since he never had a problem coming down to visit us for Christmas or other Family events. I think the last time I saw him was for a funeral of a family member.
They saying it's a Green Card thing. You can't be in and out the country like that while you in the immigration process. You have a specific number of days you could be outside. So they likely being mindful of that.

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2019, 08:48:38 PM »
Where is Keon Daniel? Haven't seen him in a while.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2019, 08:54:51 PM »
Where is Keon Daniel? Haven't seen him in a while.

Playing in Poland for the last 5 years.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2019, 12:21:13 AM »
Carr ready to give all for T&T.
TTFA Media.

This coun­try’s se­nior men’s foot­ballers were put through their paces un­der sun­ny con­di­tions at the St Lu­cia Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion train­ing cen­tre on Tues­day morn­ing as head coach Den­nis Lawrence com­menced a short train­ing camp ahead of Fri­day’s CON­CA­CAF Na­tions League qual­i­fi­er against Mar­tinique in Fort-de-France.

Turn­ing out in the T&T train­ing kit for the first time were new­ly called up trio for­wards Daniel Carr and Ryan Telfer as well as for­mer na­tion­al Un­der-17 mid­field­er An­dre Nep­tune. Winger Levi Gar­cia, De­porti­vo Sapris­sa de­fend­er Aubrey David, Bel­gium-based de­fend­er Shel­don Bateau and Kevin Moli­no all joined the res­i­den­tial camp in St Lu­cia yes­ter­day as Lawrence looked to in­ten­si­fy his prepa­ra­tion for the qual­i­fi­er.

With some new faces in­volved this time around, ex­pe­ri­enced US-based mid­field­er Ke­van George said it is ex­treme­ly im­por­tant that the play­ers make the most of the ses­sions ahead of match­day.

"It’s re­al­ly the first time we are back to­geth­er since the dis­ap­point­ment of the Gold Cup cam­paign and so for a lot of us, it’s good to be back as group but un­der­stand­ing that this is a crit­i­cal pe­ri­od for us to brush things off and bring some re­spectable lev­els back to our team," George said on Tues­day.

"Coach has in­tro­duced some new faces and it’s good for the squad. We have to gel as quick­ly as pos­si­ble and set­tle in­to the prepa­ra­tions. We all know Mar­tinique is a de­cent team and will be very dif­fi­cult to over­turn at home but we have to be­lieve in our abil­i­ty and ap­proach and take the game to them."

Carr mean­time was buzzing af­ter his first ses­sion un­der Lawrence.

"I'm very proud of this. From a young age, I have al­ways had dreams and am­bi­tions of play­ing for T&T. I wouldn’t say I’ve been eye­ing the call-up but I al­ways thought if you do well in club foot­ball then they will see me. Since I be­came a pro­fes­sion­al I’ve al­ways thought that I need to step up and hope­ful­ly one day I’ll get the call-up which I have now," Carr said.

The for­mer Alder­shot Town for­ward is ful­ly aware that he has to show his worth ear­ly for the red, white and black.

"It's pret­ty black and white. If I play well I get called up again, if not then I don’t. I guess it’s im­por­tant for me to set­tle in very quick­ly oth­er­wise I wouldn’t be here many more times. It's al­so im­por­tant for me to do well in my club foot­ball. It all joins up to­geth­er. It's very im­por­tant that I just put my head down and work. I'm not here for a hol­i­day, I’m here to kick on and play and rep­re­sent T&T," Carr said.

Look­ing ahead to Fri­day’s en­counter, he said, "I'm just tak­ing it all in re­al­ly. I don't know ex­act­ly what to ex­pect from Mar­tinique. I'm just prepar­ing as I would do for any oth­er game. I just want to do my best for the team and that’s all that mat­ters," he said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2019, 07:33:32 AM »
De Warriors gehhin a lil in-house scrimmage and sharpening from Shabazz's St. Lucia?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2019, 10:33:58 AM »
I ent see no apologies on the selection speculation comments that was going on before. People did stop qualifying their statements as if they was in the know that people were purposefully not getting called.  :( Blame as well as credit whenever rightfully due.

In life there is "before" and "after". Consider that.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2019, 10:36:48 AM »
I can't recall ever seeing so many left footed attackers in a TNT team - Garcia, Telfer, Jones.
Finally a number 9 like KJ i.e. Carr
Now the big problem now is the 3 goalkeepers - none of them are worthy SMDH
Hopefully donkey DL makes use of our greatest attributes of speed and power. I must admit I don't have much faith in the style he wants them to play and I just get the feeling that the lads are lacking confidence.
After one thing is another.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2019, 10:38:36 AM »
I ent see no apologies on the selection speculation comments that was going on before. People did stop qualifying their statements as if they was in the know that people were purposefully not getting called.  :( Blame as well as credit whenever rightfully due.

In life there are consequences for bad actions and results. Go choose the wrong mechanic or the wrong dentist and then your wife or friend blame you after bad results, then later you choose the right mechanic or dentist then what you expect? you expect your wife to apologise?

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2019, 11:09:55 AM »

In life there are consequences for bad actions and results. Go choose the wrong mechanic or the wrong dentist and then your wife or friend blame you after bad results, then later you choose the right mechanic or dentist then what you expect? you expect your wife to apologise?
How you go bring the man wife in this  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2019, 11:11:45 AM »

Credit for what?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2019, 04:01:55 PM »
T&T Men off to Martinique… Telfer eager to add to T&T strike force.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men’s team will arrive in Fort-de-France  on Thursday morning ahead of Friday’s CONCACAF Nations League qualifier against Martinique scheduled for Friday night.

Head Coach Dennis Lawrence will conduct a final training session at the match venue later in the evening as T&T seeks a positive start in the campaign which continues on Monday with a fixture between the two teams at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain from 9:00pm.

T&T will also meet Honduras in T&T on October 10th and away on November 17th. The games are serving as qualifiers for the CONCACAF Nations League Finals next year but now have even more significance as CONCACAF announced on Wednesday that the current phase will serve as a qualifier for the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup. if T&T tops the three-team group or finishes runners up, they will qualify directly for Gold Cup but will have to contest a playoff qualifier if they finish third in the group.

The new centralized men’s national team competition represents a new era of national team football for the Confederation, Concacaf stated, further adding that after group stage play in the Nations League in November 2019, the top two teams from each of the four League A groups will qualify directly to the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup. The third-place finishers in League A which involves T&T, the second-place finishers in League B and the first-place finishers in League C will advance to a two-round qualifier, to be played in March and June of 2020.

For the first round of the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup Qualifiers, the second-place finishers of League B will face the first-place finishers of League C in March of 2020. After home-and-away play, the four matchup winners will advance to the second round, where they will face the third-place finishers of League A in June of 2020. The four matchups winners of Round two will qualify to the 2021 Gold Cup.

For the FIFA Men’s World Ranking, all  2019-2020 Concacaf Nations League matches will be granted a coefficient score which corresponds to qualification matches to a Confederations final competition, rather than friendly international matches played during FIFA International Match Calendar window.

With T&T focusing on a good start to the CNL campaign on Friday, newly called up Canadian-based forward Ryan Telfer is looking to make an early impact. The former Fatima College player is currently with York 9 FC in the Canadian Premier League, on loan from MLS club Toronto FC which he has already bagged his first goal.

“It’s an honour to represent the Red,white and black. It’s nice to come back to your home country where you first fell in love with the game and its truly an honour to be back to where everything started and jut to represent tour country at the highest level it’s truly an honour for me,” Telfer told TTFA Media on Wednesday.

Telfer has been on Canada’s radar also but he explained his decision to accept the invitation from T&T.

“I’m the type of person that likes challenges rather than have something been given to you. I totally understand where Trinidad and Tobago football is right now and I believe my abilities that I can bring to the team can help us move forward in terms of qualifying for the Hex and maybe, hopefully qualifying for the World Cup,” he said, explaining that Canada also has an influx of players entering its fray at the moment.

“I was just looking for that one chance, maybe to get called up to the training camp and it just so happened Trinidad at the time time called and they sounded like they really needed me and deep down in mu gut it told me to choose here,” Telfer said.

He spoke about his interaction with head coach Dennis Lawrence while entering the T&T training camp earlier this week.

“I understand the ideas he is bringing into the team, I understand what the team is trying to do, understanding where we are at right now as a football state. If it’s one thing, Trinidad and Tobago has never been short of talent. It’s basically merging all those talents to come together to one. I can see his ideas he’s trying to do that, to make us more into a footballing team that everyone wants to enjoy, even the players, even the fans and he needs some players to do that for him. I was honestly grateful that he look my way and he understands the kind of football I play as well,” Telfer said.

He gave some background info on himself, saying “I was Born in Canada but basically moved to Trinidad, went to Rosary Boys and then Fatima College and played football there as well. The trainers at Sky FC made me who I am today in terms of my mannerisms, the way I address certain situations and it’s there where I really learnt to love the game for what it is and I am very grateful and thankful for where I am now.” Telfer is also currently pursuing a Civil Engineering degree at York University.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2019, 08:15:43 PM »
I can't recall ever seeing so many left footed attackers in a TNT team - Garcia, Telfer, Jones.
Finally a number 9 like KJ i.e. Carr
Now the big problem now is the 3 goalkeepers - none of them are worthy SMDH
Hopefully donkey DL makes use of our greatest attributes of speed and power. I must admit I don't have much faith in the style he wants them to play and I just get the feeling that the lads are lacking confidence.
After one thing is another.

Frenderup has a passport already, so he must not be in favour. He should have had a cap by now.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pick yuh Team for Martinique
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2019, 08:19:32 AM »
Without seeing training and aware of who carrying knocks.
Pick yuh team. Tough one...doh wait till the coach don’t run out your horse and cry. Remember, there can be a best team , your team and the coaches team, we always hope they are one and the same. We rarely know what the best team is, that is football. So lewwe see how close everyone else team is. Doh fraid. Everyone could be right, the important correct has to be the coach’s. Yet he can make 3 changes, and ‘try a ting’.
Y’all have none.    This is the most difficult selection for me, given who in camp, even the goalie position hard. I like it.
Btw , kudos to TTFA, longest camp for awhile, no excuses from coach will be acceptable, must win, even if he makes a few mistakes in selection or communication. Imo
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 08:25:37 AM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pick yuh Team for Martinique
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2019, 09:10:08 AM »
where yours?   :yellowcard:

Taking a cold hard, rigid look ... I can identify only TWO presumptive starters, neither of whom have precedent as wearing the captain's armband.

If I were to play devil's advocate with myself I could whittle that 2 to 1 if I foresaw a markedly different approach to how the ball will be treated defensively.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 09:43:36 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2019, 09:53:28 AM »
Les footballeurs martiniquais se concentrent sur les prochaines échéances
By Martiniquela1ère

Troisième entraînement ce mardi soir (3 septembre 2019), de la sélection de Martinique de football. Les joueurs sélectionnées sont réunis au stade Georges Gratiant au Lamentin, comme la veille, afin de répéter des séances de jeu car les échéances arrivent rapidement.

Les martiniquais préparent leur premier match de la Ligue des Nations de la CONCACAF (vendredi 6 septembre 20189 à Fort-de-France), face à Trinidad et Tobago.

Pour cette rencontre, le sélectionneur Mario Bocaly a dû remanier son groupe par rapport à celui formé à la Gold Cup. Il explique à Manuel Larade comment il a procédé à un rajeunissement de l'équipe.

https://la1ere.francetvinfo.fr/martinique/footballeurs-martiniquais-se-concentrent-prochaines-echeances-745473.html

(There's an audio clip of Mario Bocaly describing elements of difference between GC 2019 Martinique and Nations League Martinique.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 10:00:19 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2019, 11:10:30 AM »

No argument, just pick...mine

Phillips
              Bateau
Cyrus                           David
                Mitchell
    Williams(Paul)               Jones(L Garcia)
                 George(Joseph)
         Molino           Fortune
                 Telfer (Carr)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2019, 11:13:56 AM »
The result of a vote on Twitter.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2019, 11:31:26 AM »
In other words, the Twitter vote is a trip down Memory Lane.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2019, 11:57:47 AM »
The result of a vote on Twitter.

Exactly the team I picked and was about to post. Could have easily been a 3-5-2 formation rather than a 4-2-3-1.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2019, 12:37:55 PM »
Let us hope he has the sense to start with Joeven and Molino and please God do not put Levi on the right.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2019, 03:51:14 PM »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-tUoYZdDHY2a3d0UWZVRTVMQm9JSE5LNko1Qkg3V0UtS2dZ/view?usp=sharing

sit mid to low press/counter, overload through one flank with d e.g. (LCM, LW, LB) and try to drop man in behind on the other flank as fast as we can

also trying to give/force as much passing options dung Levi throat as possible....dat boy too immature and greedy on d ball and is pure liability at times

dais d sticky note version ::)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 07:20:59 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2019, 04:27:51 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago look for positive start to Concacaf Nations League campaign
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men’s team will be aiming to put early points on the board in the their CONCACAF Nations League qualifying campaign when they face off with Martinique in their opening League A encounter at the Stade Pierre Aliker from 6:00pm on Friday.

Head Coach Dennis Lawrence had a final run out with this players at the match venue on Thursday evening after making the short 15-minute flight over from Castries following the team three-day training camp in St Lucia.

Both teams drew 0-0 in a friendly in Fort-de-France in March of last year while the hosts came away 2-0 winners in the Caribbean Cup in 2016, eliminating T&T from Gold Cup qualification that year. Martinique also won 3-2 in another Gold Cup qualifier at Stade Pierre in 2003. But T&T also know how to secure points at the venue as a Hughtun Hector item gave the “Warriors” a 1-0 at the 2010 Caribbean Cup.

Belgium-based defender Sheldon Bateau is optimistic of T&T being able to pull out the stops to start positively away from home.

“I’m happy to be back in the boys. It was really difficult to look at the Gold Cup and disappointing to not be there to help my team. But I’m honoured and privileged to be here to lead the squad for the start of the Nations League campaign,” Bateau told TTFA Media on Thursday.

“I’m eager to show my worth. We have a good squad together. I always thought that the squad would be better off with better quality players in terms of the levels they are playing and with the situation back home at the moment. I think it’s a good opportunity for these players to gel with the ones who were here before to get better results.”

With results here having an impact on FIFA rankings towards qualification for the World Cup qualifying Hex and Gold Cup 2021, Bateau said, “It does add some pressure but the group is motivated. We owe it to the fans and the country to qualify for the Gold Cup and give ourselves a good chance of making the Hex and the World Cup in Qatar.

“But we as players need to put more pressure on ourselves and I told the boys that. We need to raise our levels Our fans back home are what i call happy fans. You win or lose there’s no problem or added pressure. Nobody wants to stone down the bus and so we therefore need to put that pressure on ourselves to get the best from the team. By applying that pressure I think you will see the quality raising. That should come from ourselves as players and not the coach or President or anybody else. The most important thing is that the players go on the field and show it.”

Looking at the opponents, the former Kazakhstan-based player said T&T will have to overcome the challenges on Friday.

“Martinique has some quality and they are at home and will be very competitive. But we have quality also and we need to put it all together to grind out a result. The group is very motivated for the game even though we are expecting a difficult game,” Bateau said.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2019, 04:45:23 PM »
WATCH: Defender Sheldon Bateau looks ahead to Concacaf Nations League opener versus Martinique

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WXPF-CPy4RI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WXPF-CPy4RI</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2019, 07:59:16 PM »
How is Aubrey doing? Saprissa had a scare with more than 10 players having puked and reported stomach discomfort, fever and other symptoms/indications ... Aubrey among them. Possible case of salmonella. Might have to factor that in.

1]; } ?>