March 19, 2024, 03:20:35 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Honduras Games (10-Oct & 17-Nov-2019)  (Read 43967 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for T&T vs Honduras Games (10-Oct & 17-Nov-2019)
« on: May 22, 2019, 12:29:34 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Honduras CON­CA­CAF Na­tions League games on the 10th of October (home) and the 17th of November 2019 (away) will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers:

Marvin Phillip (NEROCA FC - India), Adrian Foncette (Police FC - T&T), Glenroy Samuel (La Horquetta Rangers - T&T).

Defenders:

Daneil Cyrus (Mohun Bagan - India), Sheldon Bateau (KV Mechelen - Belgium), Aubrey David (Deportivo Saprissa - Costa Rica), Mekeil Williams (Oklahoma City Energy FC - USA), Alvin Jones (Oklahoma City Energy FC - USA), Carlyle Mitchell (San Juan Jabloteh - T&T), Keston Julien (AS Trenčín - Slovakia), Ross Russell Jr. (La Horquetta Rangers - T&T).

Midfielders:

Kevin Molino (Minnesota United - USA), Khaleem Hyland (Al Faisaly - Saudi Arabia), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders FC - USA), Jomal Williams (AD Isidro Metapán - Honduras), Levi Garcia (Beitar Jerusalem FC - Israel), Leston Paul (Memphis 901 FC - USA), Nathaniel Garcia (Gokulam Kerala FC - India), Judah Garcia (Point Fortin Civic FC - T&T), Kevan George (Charlotte Independence - USA), Neveal Hackshaw (Indy Eleven - USA), Andre Fortune (North Carolina FC - USA), Aikim Andrews (La Horquetta Rangers - T&T), Aaron Lester (Defence Force - T&T).

Forwards:

Ryan Telfer (York9 FC - Canada), Akeem Garcia (Halifax Wanderers - Canada), Daniel Carr (Apollon Limassol - Cyprus), Marcus Joseph (Gokulam Kerala FC - India).

Coach - Dennis Lawrence (TRI).

Honduras Squad

Goalkeepers

To be updated.

Defenders

To be updated.

Midfielders

To be updated.

Forwards

To be updated.

Coach - Fabián Coito (URU).

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 10:57:53 PM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thread for T&T vs Honduras (10-Oct-2019)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 12:34:54 PM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Honduras game on the 10th of October 2019 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers:

To be updated.

Defenders:

To be updated.

Midfielders:

To be updated.

Forwards:

To be updated.

Coach - Dennis Lawrence (TRI).

Mexico Squad

Goalkeepers

To be updated.

Defenders

To be updated.

Midfielders

To be updated.

Forwards

To be updated.

Coach - Fabián Coito.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Honduras Games (10-Oct & 17-Nov-2019)
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 09:01:38 AM »
Which of these games will be played in TT?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 09:10:04 AM »

The 10/10 date.

P.S. Foreign-based Hondurans will start trickling in individually from the 6th, so if anybody looking fuh ah autograph or to facilitate ah Venezuelan distraction ...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 09:23:58 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 05:07:00 PM »
Focus shifts to Honduras following Mexico affair in Toluca.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men’s team return home later on Thursday following Wednesday night’s 2-0 defeat to Mexico in Toluca as both teams used the exercise for preparations ahead of upcoming competitions.

T&T head coach Dennis Lawrence will take his squad into residential camp on October 7th for the CONCACAF Nations League fixture with Honduras which takes place on Thursday October 10th at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on a 7:00pm kick off.

Lawrence spoke after Wednesday’s affair in Toluca, describing the exercise as a monumental task against the confederation’s top ranked nation.

“It was very difficult for the boys to come to Toluca and play against what I see as not just the number one team in CONCACAF but a world phenomenal football nation regardless of who was on the pitch on the night,” Lawrence told TTFA Media. “I was later genuinely proud of the players for the way they approached the game, showing commitment and dedication in such conditions and environment. Now we head back home and go into camp on the 7th where I’ll have availability of all the boys from abroad and home to prepare for the next match against Honduras.

“I felt in the first half we gave them too much respect by playing too deep and not getting close enough to put pressure on the ball and the biggest crime we were committing was giving away the ball too easily everytime we got possession of it

“In the second half we managed to get on the ball a bit better. We didn’t cause Mexico major problems in attach but we managed to keep our shape and discipline for longer periods and i was pleased with the group for the effort in that regards,” he continued.

“I was pleased with players like Cyrus who only got off the plane late on Tuesday from flight from Dubai and I know he made an error in the game which cost us but he showed a lot of dedication to keep going. We had a couple home-based players who showed that they definitely want to be part of the team for the next couple games and that was pleasing. For the group on a whole it was an experience they will definitely take in good stride going forward.

Lawrence summed it up by saying, “These boys faced a mammoth task and they stuck in and showed some real determination to go down 2-0 and then come back and manage the game in the second half and restrict them. The game gave us a good opportunity to have players like Nathan Lewis on the pitch after he hadn’t played a full 90 minutes since the US game (Gold Cup) and there was was Aikim Andrews, Jameel Perry and Judah Garcia who had an opportunity to get minutes in this type of situation. It was good to see these players in this kind of environment.”

Lawrence is expected back in Trinidad on the weekend having remained in Toluca with player Nion Lammy who had to be hospitalised for treatment after falling ill  during training on Tuesday. “There was a situation where Nion Lammy had to be taken to hospital and kept for observations after he encountered some difficulty during the latter part of the training session on Tuesday which meant he was not available for the match. We are hopeful he will be cleared to be released on Friday and we will both travel home on Saturday,” Lawrence said.

Stats

Goals:  México: José Juan Macías 22’  nd Ricardo Angulo  30’.

Trinidad and  Tobago: 1.- M. Phillip; 5.- D. Cyrus; 9.- C. Thomas (16.- K. Adriel al 46’) (10.- J. García al 75’); 12.- C. Mitchell; 13.- A. Andrews; 14.- D. James (6.- C. González al 79’); 15.- J. Perry (3.- I. García al 64’); 17.- R. Russell; 19.- D. Muckette; 23.- L. Paul y 27.- N. Lewis (8.- L. Aaron al 46’).

Head Coach – D. Lawrence

México: 1.- R. Gudiño; 22.-A. Mozo; 14.- I. Govea; 6.- J. Angulo (24.- J. Vásquez al 62’); 3.- C. Calderón (4.- G. Arteaga al 46’); 11.- I. Rodríguez; 17.- S. Córdova (15.- F. Venegas al 73’); 18.- E. Aguirre; 5.- P. Yrizar (8.- J. González al 62’); 10.- J. Macías (9.- J. Godínez al 73’) y 20.- R. Angulo (7.- J. Torres al 46’).

Head Coach – G. Martino.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 11:52:46 PM »
Focus shifts to Honduras following Mexico affair in Toluca.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men’s team return home later on Thursday following Wednesday night’s 2-0 defeat to Mexico in Toluca as both teams used the exercise for preparations ahead of upcoming competitions.

T&T head coach Dennis Lawrence will take his squad into residential camp on October 7th for the CONCACAF Nations League fixture with Honduras which takes place on Thursday October 10th at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on a 7:00pm kick off.

Lawrence spoke after Wednesday’s affair in Toluca, describing the exercise as a monumental task against the confederation’s top ranked nation.

“It was very difficult for the boys to come to Toluca and play against what I see as not just the number one team in CONCACAF but a world phenomenal football nation regardless of who was on the pitch on the night,” Lawrence told TTFA Media. “I was later genuinely proud of the players for the way they approached the game, showing commitment and dedication in such conditions and environment. Now we head back home and go into camp on the 7th where I’ll have availability of all the boys from abroad and home to prepare for the next match against Honduras.

“I felt in the first half we gave them too much respect by playing too deep and not getting close enough to put pressure on the ball and the biggest crime we were committing was giving away the ball too easily everytime we got possession of it

“In the second half we managed to get on the ball a bit better. We didn’t cause Mexico major problems in attach but we managed to keep our shape and discipline for longer periods and i was pleased with the group for the effort in that regards,” he continued.

“I was pleased with players like Cyrus who only got off the plane late on Tuesday from flight from Dubai and I know he made an error in the game which cost us but he showed a lot of dedication to keep going. We had a couple home-based players who showed that they definitely want to be part of the team for the next couple games and that was pleasing. For the group on a whole it was an experience they will definitely take in good stride going forward.

Lawrence summed it up by saying, “These boys faced a mammoth task and they stuck in and showed some real determination to go down 2-0 and then come back and manage the game in the second half and restrict them. The game gave us a good opportunity to have players like Nathan Lewis on the pitch after he hadn’t played a full 90 minutes since the US game (Gold Cup) and there was was Aikim Andrews, Jameel Perry and Judah Garcia who had an opportunity to get minutes in this type of situation. It was good to see these players in this kind of environment.”

Lawrence is expected back in Trinidad on the weekend having remained in Toluca with player Nion Lammy who had to be hospitalised for treatment after falling ill  during training on Tuesday. “There was a situation where Nion Lammy had to be taken to hospital and kept for observations after he encountered some difficulty during the latter part of the training session on Tuesday which meant he was not available for the match. We are hopeful he will be cleared to be released on Friday and we will both travel home on Saturday,” Lawrence said.

Stats

Goals:  México: José Juan Macías 22’  nd Ricardo Angulo  30’.

Trinidad and  Tobago: 1.- M. Phillip; 5.- D. Cyrus; 9.- C. Thomas (16.- K. Adriel al 46’) (10.- J. García al 75’); 12.- C. Mitchell; 13.- A. Andrews; 14.- D. James (6.- C. González al 79’); 15.- J. Perry (3.- I. García al 64’); 17.- R. Russell; 19.- D. Muckette; 23.- L. Paul y 27.- N. Lewis (8.- L. Aaron al 46’).

Head Coach – D. Lawrence

México: 1.- R. Gudiño; 22.-A. Mozo; 14.- I. Govea; 6.- J. Angulo (24.- J. Vásquez al 62’); 3.- C. Calderón (4.- G. Arteaga al 46’); 11.- I. Rodríguez; 17.- S. Córdova (15.- F. Venegas al 73’); 18.- E. Aguirre; 5.- P. Yrizar (8.- J. González al 62’); 10.- J. Macías (9.- J. Godínez al 73’) y 20.- R. Angulo (7.- J. Torres al 46’).

Head Coach – G. Martino.
not to harp on cyrus but listen to this slacker of a coach praising cyrus for giving away the ball in midfield which lead to the first goal. in big leagues around the world cyrus would’ve been relatgated to the bench until the coach was satisfied that his point was well taken.

that idiot gave away the ball in the middle of the pitch and could not retrieved it even with all the speed he posses, just goes to show what an unintelligent piss poor defender he truly i is, and would never improve  beyond what he has developed into, that’s because 90% of these TT players don’t perfect their game on their own time, but instead run the town and live the life of a celebrity while forsaking their craft, real near sighted folks with no direction.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 07:32:43 PM »
Call ups: Jomal Williams, Akeem Garcia and Joevin Jones.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 06:17:01 AM by Flex »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 11:31:27 PM »
pull stones, some of us know you and a lot of forumites doh like Cyrus and Marvin at all. So it doh matter if the play well or not, it still will not satisfy allyuh. I wish Greg could have played. I wish we could have groomed another stopper.  For whatever reason Cyrus and Marvin are the options for DL. But despite the error, Cyrus was fighting the best he can, seeing that he reached the day before the game from India.

And DL never praised him for giving away the ball. You swear is only Cyrus and Marvin played the game. What about the rest of the players.  If the game had ended 0-0, it still does not change the fact that the rest of the team did not perform well at all. All our mids doing is sideways backwards, sideways backwards. What do you expect the defense to do. They under pressure for 80% of the game.

Our mids and forwards just don't have it at this time. How long Leston playing for the national team? What does he bring to the team for all that time he is there ?  Dwayne James? Is he convincing  to you ? We just don't have it at this time. And believe you me, I just as frustrated.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 12:16:50 AM »
deeks why are you and others making excuses for players who constantly under perform and struggle on the pitch? i can’t remember when marvin and cyrus had a productive game especially since lawrence was in charge, never mind when other coaches was in charge, these guys struggled under hart, Hudson Charles,the German bloke oto fister and latapy, so where do we draw the line?

it’s not a matter of who else bummed and how poor a midfield we have presently, even when we had solid midfielders who supported the defense these guys showed their class and lack of quality

watching kenwin as a newly minted premier league player i would be frustrated to sit week in and out watching mc shane bring down sunderland. this man would be behind most of the conceded goals with his silly shenanigans, miss kicking, bad tackles, miss timed balls, poor back passes until Roy keane decided to send him on loan and acquired better players on the defense.

can you imagine cyrus playing in any serious league? this is one of the reasons these guys play in goat leagues around the world. thailand, vietnam, i league, this man couldn’t even stay in saudi arabia an elementary poor quality league. never mind the Phillips guy, that boy never landed any contract outside of the pro league until recently and that at a time when players were going all over the world.

there’s no secret why most of our players are journey men roaming around the globe on short stints with no respecting league willing enough to put any stock in them. these lads are neglectful of their profession and knowing that they are capable of much more if they’re willing to put in the applicable work makes it all the more frustrating. so i say to france with them all, i will never support mediocrity. if you want to play international ball you better put up shut up or walk away. don’t expect me to be graceful because i will never support mediocrity.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 01:00:20 AM by pull stones »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 03:06:03 AM »
Not making excuses. Like I said these guys are not ready. They just don't have what it takes to reach the next level. I said so as plain as day. But you keep harping on Cyrus and Marvin. It is your right not to support mediocrity. And our players and team are both mediocre. At this point our entire football is mediocre. I will continue to give support to the football because I was the system as a youth player. But hopefully by things will change with the coming TTFA elections.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 12:15:35 PM »
Not making excuses. Like I said these guys are not ready. They just don't have what it takes to reach the next level. I said so as plain as day. But you keep harping on Cyrus and Marvin. It is your right not to support mediocrity. And our players and team are both mediocre. At this point our entire football is mediocre. I will continue to give support to the football because I was the system as a youth player. But hopefully by things will change with the coming TTFA elections.
deeks don’t be fooled, it’s not that we aren’t ready. we beat Panama at home in the hex then we went to Costa Rica and gave a good account of ourselves even though we loss 2-1, we went to mexico and took them to the wire and beat the USA kicking them out the world cup, so we are ready with the right people in charge.

when sol campbell was in the mix we played with purpose and structure, but when him and the other english white bloke left for greener pastures the team simply fell apart leaving dennis winless. now I know for a fact that sol was in charge of picking that defense as well as keeping their structure, dennis probably did all the rest but if you noticed cyrus and phillip never featured in sol’s plans, instead it was Curtis gonzales and foncette, then dennis went and changed a winning formula. serves him right.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 12:21:46 PM by pull stones »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2019, 11:04:04 PM »
deeks don’t be fooled, it’s not that we aren’t ready. we beat Panama at home in the hex then we went to Costa Rica and gave a good account of ourselves even though we loss 2-1, we went to mexico and took them to the wire and beat the USA kicking them out the world cup, so we are ready with the right people in charge.

when sol campbell was in the mix we played with purpose and structure, but when him and the other english white bloke left for greener pastures the team simply fell apart leaving dennis winless. now I know for a fact that sol was in charge of picking that defense as well as keeping their structure, dennis probably did all the rest but if you noticed cyrus and phillip never featured in sol’s plans, instead it was Curtis gonzales and foncette, then dennis went and changed a winning formula. serves him right.

I can't argue with that. But as long as DJW is there, DL will be there. I was not expecting Sol to stay unless we had a chance of qualifying. It is a pity he could not have stayed for the GC.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2019, 11:12:18 AM »
how come we always have to wait on our roster .  all the time .. Let me start naming it then
GK   Marvin Phillps (fuh sure)
Defenders Daniel Cyrus (fuh sure)
Midfield Leston Paul (fuh sure ) Akeem Garica, Jomal Williams ( club released info )
Strikers.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2019, 12:33:24 PM »
6 foot 5 inches, 24 year old traditional English centre back who isn't afraid to get his teeth stuck in, is just the type of player we need for this game. And he has a TNT passport...
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9868961/crystal-palace-star-ryan-inniss-bite-west-ham-player/

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 12:38:25 PM »
6 foot 5 inches, 24 year old traditional English centre back who isn't afraid to get his teeth stuck in, is just the type of player we need for this game. And he has a TNT passport...
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9868961/crystal-palace-star-ryan-inniss-bite-west-ham-player/

Keep plugging away Thomo, maybe somebody at the TTFA will bite.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2019, 12:40:56 PM »
So today is the 7th and the game is on the 10th...........but our squad aint announced as yet?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2019, 01:09:51 PM »

it is comfirmed he is comming for this game ?.... i see DL talking with birchall .... this is what DL should have been doing from the start after the we got knocked out of the  2018 worldcup look at everyone. bring competion to the team ..... REBUILD ...However  the same old same old he used for 2 years now he realized that competitions is needed....
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 07:08:36 PM by Trini _2022 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2019, 01:24:17 PM »

it is comfirmed he is comming for this game .... i see DL talking with birchall .... this is what DL should have been doing from the start after the we got knocked out of the  2018 worldcup look at everyone. bring competion to the team ..... REBUILD ...However  the same old same old he used for 2 years now he realized that competitions is needed....

As in he's in the squad???

media doesnt have a list of the training squad at least?
when they naming it?

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2019, 02:14:21 PM »

Hehehe hopefully he's got the call up, lawd knows we need defenders of his type. An agressive beast to deal with them Hondurans. Plus we're extremely poor at defending set plays. De man 6'5 so that should help

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2019, 02:39:14 PM »

Hehehe hopefully he's got the call up, lawd knows we need defenders of his type. An agressive beast to deal with them Hondurans. Plus we're extremely poor at defending set plays. De man 6'5 so that should help
Hopefully we're looking there and at Nottingham Forrest. Use Birchall, use Dwight, use Carlos, use Lara, use Duchess Meghan, Edris or Boy George. Anyone who can help DL recruit in the UK should be considered. All hands on deck!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2019, 02:54:28 PM »
Fellas something to heat up the thread and get ready for the game   :beermug:

https://www.facebook.com/SocaTv/videos/2440420342837967/?epa=SEARCH_BOX  :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2019, 03:18:48 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2019, 03:25:11 PM »

The 10/10 date.

P.S. Foreign-based Hondurans will start trickling in individually from the 6th, so if anybody looking fuh ah autograph or to facilitate ah Venezuelan distraction ...

These players are the ones who will fly in, or have flown in, separately from most of the squad: Henry Figueroa and Alexander López (Alajuelense, Costa Rica), Maynor Figueroa (Houston Dynamo), Luis Garrido (Córdoba, España),  Alberth Elis (Houston Dynamo), Douglas Martínez (Real Salt Lake) and Bryan Róchez (Nacional, Portugal).

The rest of the team will likely arrive on COPA. According to Flight Tracker they would have touched down about 1 hour ago.

The good news is that by having separated the group in this way, they haven't had a training session together yet. Coach decided against the usual protocol of meeting at home then flying out together.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 03:37:54 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2019, 07:56:48 PM »
So today is the 7th and the game is on the 10th...........but our squad aint announced as yet?

For de Mexico game, when did they release de roster? A day before.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2019, 07:58:07 PM »
WATCH: Can we get maximum points?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eP0C41RbKhI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eP0C41RbKhI</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2019, 08:16:40 PM »
ON THIS DAY (October 7th 2001): Against all odds, Trinidad and Tobago defeated Honduras 1-0 in Honduras courtesy a sublime left-footed strike by Stern John. Despite mourning the passing of Mickey Trotman six days earlier, playing with 10-men from the 20th minute, and being under constant pressure from the marauding Honduran forward line, who hit the goalpost no less than seven times, the Soca Warriors were able to come out unlikely victors. This is considered to be a dark day in Honduran football, because all they had to do was beat us by any margin, and they would have qualified for the 2002 World Cup in Japan/South Korea. They subsequently fell 3-0 to Mexico at the Azteca which ended their World Cup dreams.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RshHxyG2Kfo?start=160" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RshHxyG2Kfo?start=160</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2019, 11:39:52 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eP0C41RbKhI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eP0C41RbKhI</a>
nigel are you related to “nappy Mayer’s” by chance?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2019, 03:42:49 AM »

Hopefully we're looking there and at Nottingham Forrest. Use Birchall, use Dwight, use Carlos, use Lara, use Duchess Meghan, Edris or Boy George. Anyone who can help DL recruit in the UK should be considered. All hands on deck!

We need aggressive defenders but please, no Suarez bites. We have enough issues to deal with. But again, if we don't find good offensive and defensive mid fielders, we eh going no whey.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2019, 05:12:19 AM »

nigel are you related to “nappy Mayer’s” by chance?

Nah. Last named spelled differently.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2019, 06:13:44 AM »
Some of the Honduran players called-up are; Jonathan Rubio Toro (C.D. Tondela/Portugal), Rigoberto Rivas (Reggina/Italy), Bryan Moya (Zulia/Venezuela), Alberth Elis (Houston Dynamo/USA), Maynor Figueroa (Houston Dynamo/USA), Michael Chirinos (Vancouver Whitecaps FC/Canada), Alexander Lopez (Alajuelense/Costa Rica), Rubilio Castillo (Tondela/Portugal), Bryan Acosta (FC Dallas/USA), Luis Garrido (Córdoba/Spain), Denil Maldonado (Motagua/Honduras).

Last 3 games.

Honduras 2 v Chile 1
Honduras 4 v Puerto Rico 0
Honduras 4 v El Salvador 0

« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 06:15:17 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>