March 28, 2024, 04:24:56 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Honduras Games (10-Oct & 17-Nov-2019)  (Read 44208 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Honduras Games (10-Oct & 17-Nov-2019)
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2019, 09:42:07 AM »
Honduras Squad

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2019, 10:43:28 AM »
ON THIS DAY (October 7th 2001): Against all odds, Trinidad and Tobago defeated Honduras 1-0 in Honduras courtesy a sublime left-footed strike by Stern John. Despite mourning the passing of Mickey Trotman six days earlier, playing with 10-men from the 20th minute, and being under constant pressure from the marauding Honduran forward line, who hit the goalpost no less than seven times, the Soca Warriors were able to come out unlikely victors. This is considered to be a dark day in Honduran football, because all they had to do was beat us by any margin, and they would have qualified for the 2002 World Cup in Japan/South Korea. They subsequently fell 3-0 to Mexico at the Azteca which ended their World Cup dreams.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RshHxyG2Kfo?start=160" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RshHxyG2Kfo?start=160</a>

After they hit the post over and over again the match commentator bawl: ¡Hay una maldición en el estadio! Hay una maldición! Hay una maldición!  :rotfl:  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Basically saying that someone or something put a curse on them.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 11:31:54 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2019, 11:02:45 AM »
It’s the 8th and no squad listed yet, are they punnishing the nation because we reject DJW and his jokey coach dennis lawrence?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2019, 11:11:33 AM »
ON THIS DAY (October 7th 2001): Against all odds, Trinidad and Tobago defeated Honduras 1-0 in Honduras courtesy a sublime left-footed strike by Stern John. Despite mourning the passing of Mickey Trotman six days earlier, playing with 10-men from the 20th minute, and being under constant pressure from the marauding Honduran forward line, who hit the goalpost no less than seven times, the Soca Warriors were able to come out unlikely victors. This is considered to be a dark day in Honduran football, because all they had to do was beat us by any margin, and they would have qualified for the 2002 World Cup in Japan/South Korea. They subsequently fell 3-0 to Mexico at the Azteca which ended their World Cup dreams.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RshHxyG2Kfo?start=160" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RshHxyG2Kfo?start=160</a>

After they hit the post over and over again the match commentator bawl: ¡Hay una maldición en el estadio! Hay una maldición! Hay una maldición!  :rotfl:  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Basically saying that someone or something piut a course on them.
nothing much has changed from those days, we still have clueless defenders like elcock who had a lot of issues and from the highlights where he struggles to clear balls efficiently. our midfielders could hardly hold on to possession but we had one thing going for us, capable attackers in dwarika, latapy and our very own drogba stern the wonder kid John.

we will never have another raving mad angry forward on the pitch who has to score or he could never live with himself. boy do i miss stern John.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 11:13:49 AM by pull stones »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2019, 11:51:29 AM »
THE GAME IN 2 DAYS ..... Still no squad list eh omg what is the BIG  secret ................................. THEY COULD TREAT FANS .... LIKE CRAP!!!  yet they want people to come out  and support
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad and Tobago target three points versus Honduras
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2019, 12:36:01 PM »
TTFA Media

Both the Trinidad and Tobago and Honduras Senior Men Teams assembled in Port of Spain on Monday evening ahead of Thursday’s CONCACAF Nations League qualifier at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, scheduled for a 7:00pm kick off.

T&T head coach Dennis Lawrence conducted his first training session at the match venue on Monday evening with the majority of his players involved while another five were scheduled to join the camp later in the day or early Tuesday.

The Honduras contingent started arriving on Sunday evening with the rest of the squad coming on on Monday night.

Both head coaches will address the media on Wednesday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium before their official pre-game training sessions.

Canadian-based forward Ryan Telfer was among those on the training pitch on Monday alongside fellow Canadian-based pro Akeem Garcia who has earned his first senior team call up under Lawrence. Both players were anticipating Thursday’s affair in which T&T will be searching maximum points.

“Everyone’s been coming into camp and things are looking good so far. Come Thursday we’ll be ready to go. We know how important this game is and we also know that we dropped some points against Martinique. We had three points in the bag and somehow it turned into one. We are facd now with the task of beating Honduras and the mentality is do or die because we need to get three points,” Telfer told TTFA Media.

The mindset is the killer instinct from what I’ve seen with this guys. It’s a mindset of coming into practice everyday and do what is necessary and go into the game, get our hands dirty and do whatever is necessary to get the job done.”

Garcia meantime has been enjoying a solid season with Halifax Wanderers in the Canadian Premier League and he appears focused on pitching in to try and lead the Red,White and Black to a win.

“I just want to try and take it to the next level. I’ve got the opportunity to be with the national team. I still have to fight and make it in the final squad but i’ll be working hard and hoping for the best. Once called upon I will try my best to get the goals.

We know Honduras is a tough team but we have to be ready for the game. My form is good at the moment with three goals in the last five games so I am really eager to try and take this form into the national team. I am familiar with some of the guys in the team which will make the transition hopefully a bit easier.

“It’s just like in Halifax where the Trini connection has made it a bit easier for me to feel comfortable and to play my game, hopefully we can have that same chemistry and togetherness with the national team and go onto get good results in the upcoming games,” Garcia added.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2019, 12:40:21 PM »
TTFA Media

Both the Trinidad and Tobago and Honduras Senior Men Teams assembled in Port of Spain on Monday evening ahead of Thursday’s CONCACAF Nations League qualifier at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, scheduled for a 7:00pm kick off.

T&T head coach Dennis Lawrence conducted his first training session at the match venue on Monday evening with the majority of his players involved while another five were scheduled to join the camp later in the day or early Tuesday.

The Honduras contingent started arriving on Sunday evening with the rest of the squad coming on on Monday night.

Both head coaches will address the media on Wednesday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium before their official pre-game training sessions.

Canadian-based forward Ryan Telfer was among those on the training pitch on Monday alongside fellow Canadian-based pro Akeem Garcia who has earned his first senior team call up under Lawrence. Both players were anticipating Thursday’s affair in which T&T will be searching maximum points.

“Everyone’s been coming into camp and things are looking good so far. Come Thursday we’ll be ready to go. We know how important this game is and we also know that we dropped some points against Martinique. We had three points in the bag and somehow it turned into one. We are facd now with the task of beating Honduras and the mentality is do or die because we need to get three points,” Telfer told TTFA Media.

The mindset is the killer instinct from what I’ve seen with this guys. It’s a mindset of coming into practice everyday and do what is necessary and go into the game, get our hands dirty and do whatever is necessary to get the job done.”

Garcia meantime has been enjoying a solid season with Halifax Wanderers in the Canadian Premier League and he appears focused on pitching in to try and lead the Red,White and Black to a win.

“I just want to try and take it to the next level. I’ve got the opportunity to be with the national team. I still have to fight and make it in the final squad but i’ll be working hard and hoping for the best. Once called upon I will try my best to get the goals.

We know Honduras is a tough team but we have to be ready for the game. My form is good at the moment with three goals in the last five games so I am really eager to try and take this form into the national team. I am familiar with some of the guys in the team which will make the transition hopefully a bit easier.

“It’s just like in Halifax where the Trini connection has made it a bit easier for me to feel comfortable and to play my game, hopefully we can have that same chemistry and togetherness with the national team and go onto get good results in the upcoming games,” Garcia added.

still no sqaud list
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2019, 01:11:24 PM »
Based on articles and images over the last few days, this is what I have gathered so far:

Goalkeepers:
Marvin Phillip (NEROCA FC - India), Adrian Foncette (Police FC - T&T)

Defenders:
Daneil Cyrus (Mohun Bagan - India), Aubrey David (Deportivo Saprissa - Costa Rica), Alvin Jones (Oklahoma City Energy FC - USA), Carlyle Mitchell (San Juan Jabloteh - T&T), Ross Russell Jr. (La Horquetta Rangers - T&T)

Midfielders:
Kevin Molino (Minnesota United - USA), Khaleem Hyland (Al Faisaly - Saudi Arabia), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders FC - USA), Jomal Williams (AD Isidro Metapán - Honduras), Kevan George (Charlotte Independence - USA), Neveal Hackshaw (Indy Eleven - USA), Dre Fortune (North Carolina FC - USA), Aikim Andrews (La Horquetta Rangers - T&T)

Forwards:
Ryan Telfer (York9 FC - Canada), Akeem Garcia (Halifax Wanderers - Canada)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2019, 01:29:15 PM »

Photo of the Honduras national team in match preparation for the first leg. This is what they did this morning. They will be outdoors this afternoon.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2019, 01:43:02 PM »
The last arriving players better be young Rivelinos because there's otherwise not much inspiring by more of the same.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2019, 01:48:24 PM »
Based on articles and images over the last few days, this is what I have gathered so far:

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:
Daneil Cyrus (Mohun Bagan - India), Aubrey David (Deportivo Saprissa - Costa Rica), Alvin Jones (Oklahoma City Energy FC - USA), Carlyle Mitchell (San Juan Jabloteh - T&T), Ross Russell Jr. (La Horquetta Rangers - T&T)

Midfielders:
Kevin Molino (Minnesota United - USA), Khaleem Hyland (Al Faisaly - Saudi Arabia), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders FC - USA), Jomal Williams (AD Isidro Metapán - Honduras), Kevan George (Charlotte Independence - USA), Neveal Hackshaw (Indy Eleven - USA), Dre Fortune (North Carolina FC - USA), Aikim Andrews (La Horquetta Rangers - T&T)

Forwards:
Ryan Telfer (York9 FC - Canada), Akeem Garcia (Halifax Wanderers - Canada)

No Dan Carr eh and I thought he was recruiting a few new players.....this crop of players i doubt can beat honduras

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2019, 02:05:01 PM »
Carr hasn't been getting much of a sweat in Cyprus. Not that that should matter under the present logic, but he might have been sacrificed. Time will tell.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2019, 02:08:16 PM »
Bateau?

Guerra?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2019, 02:08:56 PM »
I had to come here to hunt down we squad. Thanks Tallman for the tentative squad. I have nothing else to say anymore...well other than I hope the coach tell effin Cyrus that he’s not friggin Lucio and to just hand off the people ball to his effin midfielders or wing backs quickly! Hoping for the best?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2019, 02:10:58 PM »
I had to come here to hunt down we squad. Thanks Tallman for the tentative squad. I have nothing else to say anymore...well other than I hope the coach tell effin Cyrus that he’s not friggin Lucio and to just hand off the people ball to his effin midfielders or wing backs quickly! Hoping for the best?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2019, 02:31:53 PM »
Bateau?

Guerra?

Keston Julien ? he is hitting form .... ross russel better than him ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2019, 04:31:50 PM »
WATCH: Ryan Telfer and Akeem Garcia look ahead to the Concacaf Nations League game against Honduras

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5KXHDhrfcVM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5KXHDhrfcVM</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2019, 04:58:48 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/q-60wudRlMw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/q-60wudRlMw</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2019, 04:59:50 PM »
Carr hasn't been getting much of a sweat in Cyprus. Not that that should matter under the present logic, but he might have been sacrificed. Time will tell.

Carr is there.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2019, 05:00:29 PM »
Bateau?

Guerra?

I see Bateau in the video, and someone who looks like Guerra, but not sure.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2019, 05:01:19 PM »
No Dan Carr eh and I thought he was recruiting a few new players.....this crop of players i doubt can beat honduras

You can see Carr in the Telfer and Garcia vid.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2019, 05:08:29 PM »

Carr is there.

Check

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2019, 05:09:30 PM »
Bateau?

Guerra?

I see Bateau in the video, and someone who looks like Guerra, but not sure.

Bateau .

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2019, 07:07:21 PM »
Updated after watching the training video.

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:
Daneil Cyrus (Mohun Bagan - India), Sheldon Bateau (KV Mechelen - Belgium), Aubrey David (Deportivo Saprissa - Costa Rica), Alvin Jones (Oklahoma City Energy FC - USA), Carlyle Mitchell (San Juan Jabloteh - T&T), Ross Russell Jr. (La Horquetta Rangers - T&T)

Midfielders:
Kevin Molino (Minnesota United - USA), Khaleem Hyland (Al Faisaly - Saudi Arabia), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders FC - USA), Jomal Williams (AD Isidro Metapán - Honduras), Levi Garcia (Beitar Jerusalem FC - Israel), Nathaniel Garcia (Gokulam Kerala FC - India), Judah Garcia (Point Fortin Civic FC - T&T), Kevan George (Charlotte Independence - USA), Neveal Hackshaw (Indy Eleven - USA), Dre Fortune (North Carolina FC - USA), Aikim Andrews (La Horquetta Rangers - T&T)

Forwards:
Ryan Telfer (York9 FC - Canada), Akeem Garcia (Halifax Wanderers - Canada), Daniel Carr (Apollon Limassol - Cyprus), Marcus Joseph (Gokulam Kerala FC - India)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2019, 11:43:35 PM »
I just watching tricks and waiting patiently because I know as soon as DJW lose this election (which I’m sure he would ousted), we will definitely get a better coach than lawrence, and I could only hope that they keep all local coaches ala stern John Shabbat and staurt charles revere away from the new coach let him pick his team his way. can’t wait to see the back of marvin phillip and danial cyrus.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2019, 11:49:51 PM »
I think they will tie the game.  They must focus on time management on the field when they have possession of the ball. when I look at the previous match when Trinidad has beaten Honduras, they were very poor in keeping the ball and not able to create chances at goal. I know DL focus on the defensive. Trinidad struggles on their attacking part of the game. I know they have individual talent but not match quality. Match Quality is the ability to understand the level of the game in which keeping ball away from their opponents.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2019, 12:01:39 AM »
@pull stones: I don't know about getting a new coach because TTFA will not pay them well. :rotfl:

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2019, 01:21:08 AM »
@pull stones: I don't know about getting a new coach because TTFA will not pay them well. :rotfl:
correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t dennis lawrence getting paid directly from fifa? in all honesty i believe if we change this administration the private sector sponsorship will come on board, i think the hardship we face was caused by our present federation president. I can’t wait to see the last of that fat dotish self serving bastard.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 01:23:43 AM by pull stones »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2019, 07:16:07 AM »
Pull stones. The private sector! Are you for real?

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2019, 08:37:23 AM »
Not sure how well attended this game will be. CPL semis- TKR vs Tridents on that same night.

Soooooo
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

1]; } ?>