March 28, 2024, 04:39:56 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Honduras Games (10-Oct & 17-Nov-2019)  (Read 44251 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Honduras Games (10-Oct & 17-Nov-2019)
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2019, 10:39:30 AM »
I saw someone looking like Nathan Lewis in the video, unless that was Marcus Joseph, lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2019, 12:16:26 PM »
Please i won’t even waste time watching this game live because i already know the out come. the game will start with them dodging a few goals and making a few runs of their own and of course honduras would weather it as usual, with us squandering a few good chances....... as usual

then in the 2nd half honduras would get behind the defense marvin will run out like a mad bull get beaten and goal #1, and I’m being kind here because it could happen early in the first half. they will press for the equalizer leaving their defense open while honduras on the other hand sits patiently waiting to increase their lead and it would come when they run a fast play, bateau and cyrus would be sprinting back after being caught out of position when the counter is sprung, marvin will run out again to play last stopper and get caught off his line somewhere on the 6 yard box goal #2.

then the camera would show dennis bawling out his lungs looking desperate while jovin, kevin and Carr takes all kinds of Hail Mary shots with minor figaroa looking on stoned faced and confident that his goal was not even rocked once as the clock quickly winds down.

then dennis in his post match comments would be angry that we scuffed many chances, he would praise marvin for keeping the score line reasonable, and cyrus would be injury free and live to play another game come next week where the Hondurans would take us apart in the home leg.

PS. then us here would resurrect the fire dennis lawrence thread, foreign born players thread and the fire DJW thread while we cuss the night away claiming that those guys didn’t even string three passes together and instead opted to for the chorus of long balls especially by cyrus who would often bypasses the midfield only to give possession right back to our opponents.

a whole lot of us would not be able to sleep well that night nor have the care to sleep with our spouses. thus would be the tail of the tape come tomorrow, a carbon copy of all the other important games we’ve played since DJW and dennis lawrence entered into our lives, a far cry from Steven hart and raymond timkee’s tenure.

disappointment disappointment disappointment from under 15 boys and girls to senior level men and women, a far cry from even when jack warner was large and in charge. trinis really know how to spoil dung.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 01:27:06 PM by pull stones »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2019, 12:38:43 PM »
I saw someone looking like Nathan Lewis in the video, unless that was Marcus Joseph, lol

he is a must start for DL
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2019, 12:43:32 PM »

he is a must start for DL
nah.......we have Ryan telfer now so him or levi will be riding pine until telfer decide that he made a terrible error in judgment and should have waited patiently for a Canadian call up, of which he telfer would be unavailable (by choice) for the next few years.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2019, 01:00:51 PM »

anything short of a loss will be a surprise to many

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2019, 04:08:53 PM »
Molino: Trinidad and Tobago will go for three points against Honduras
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Men will be going after three points to maintain their chances of 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup and Nations League Finals qualification when they face Honduras at the Hasely Crawford Stadium from 7:00pm on Thursday.

The Dennis Lawrence-coached team went into their final session at the game venue on Wednesday evening followed by Honduras’ session for what is expected to be a tense and keenly contested affair with T&T in search of their first win after two draws against Martinique last month.Honduras meanwhile will be playing their first game of the Nations League.

Honduras is coming off two wins at home in September, defeating Puerto Rico 4-0 and Chile 2-1 and will be fancying their chances here after defeating T&T 2-1 in a 2018 World Cup qualifier in Couva back in 2017.

Experienced T&T attacking midfielder Kevin Molino wants to see T&T on the front foot from early as they go after the win.

“It’s an important game for us, mix no matters about that,” Molino told TTFA Media on Wednesday.

“We’re on a run of ten or eleven games without a win which is never good and we owe it to the country and  ourselves as a team to get something positive and try to turn the page. We’re coming off two draws against Martinique and obviously the desire must be to get a victory against Honduras. The boys know it’s vital and we have every reason to try and make things better for the team and local football with a positive result.

“This game will not be easy because Honduras are a quality side and we know what they are capable of but we also have it in us a team to produce good football and it will be important for us to step things up and get it right,”Molino added.

The Minnesota United player scored T&T’s go ahead goal in a 2-0 victory over Honduras in the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup when T&T needed a win to secure its passage to the quarter-finals.

Tickets are on sale at all NLCB lotto booths at $200 covered and $100 uncovered and will also be available at the venue on gameday.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2019, 05:51:02 PM »
So according to Lasana, Lawrence refuses to name the squad.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2019, 08:39:55 PM »

and from that same article

The lanky head coach, who has managed five wins, eight draws and 17 losses from his 30 matches in charge to date, told reporters that Martinique did not name their squad before they played Trinidad and Tobago on 6 and 10 September.

and this man still have his job...only in T&T

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2019, 11:44:32 PM »

The lanky head coach, who has managed five wins, eight draws and 17 losses from his 30 matches in charge to date, told reporters that Martinique did not name their squad before they played Trinidad and Tobago on 6 and 10 September.

not for long. as soon a DJW loses in november and lok loy has a say in this set up, lawrence would be on the next plane to europe hunting for an assistant coaching job. so let him enjoy his last days in the sun, he will soon be back in the ice job hunting, and that’s money in the bank BTW.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 12:03:02 AM by pull stones »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2019, 11:44:46 PM »

Martinique named their squad almost two weeks before we played them.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2019, 01:39:16 AM »
Focused Warriors hunt needed result.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

T&T's So­ca War­riors will seek to rec­ti­fy the mis­takes they made in their pre­vi­ous match­es when they face Hon­duras in their third match of the CON­CA­CAF Na­tions League from 7 pm to­day at the Hase­ly Craw­ford Sta­di­um in Mu­cu­rapo.

Coach Den­nis Lawrence's men had just two days to pre­pare for the en­counter and the coach ad­mit­ted at a press con­fer­ence yes­ter­day that he got two oth­er play­ers to com­plete his puz­zle on­ly yes­ter­day.

The War­riors drew both their pre­vi­ous match­es against Mar­tinique but Lawrence, a for­mer na­tion­al de­fend­er turned coach, re­mind­ed the me­dia of how they drew 2-2 in the sec­ond game last month, say­ing they let it slip.

He promised his play­ers would be fo­cused on get­ting the re­sult that they need to get to­day.

"I think we know what's at stake. We un­der­stand the im­por­tance of this game. The last game, we let it slip, or we would have been in a much bet­ter po­si­tion. The boys looked up to it and are ready for the chal­lenge, so we're go­ing to be very fo­cused and try and get the re­sult that we want to get be­cause we all know the im­por­tance of the game."

Lawrence said Hon­durans are an ex­pe­ri­enced team who will be com­ing with con­fi­dence and be com­pet­i­tive in their at­tempt to get a vic­to­ry.

The Hon­durans de­feat­ed T&T 2-1 the last time the teams met but Lawrence said his charges played a very bad game then, par­tic­u­lar­ly in the first half. The vis­i­tors will al­so be com­ing off of a vic­to­ry in an in­ter­na­tion­al friend­ly with Chile re­cent­ly, which Lawrence ap­plaud­ed, say­ing they did very well to come back and win the en­counter.

Lawrence said he al­so in­tends to use the priv­i­lege of not re­leas­ing his team to their op­po­nents too ear­ly to his ad­van­tage. He told the me­dia his team faced tremen­dous dif­fi­cul­ty against Mar­tinique be­cause he was un­aware of who their play­ers were un­til just be­fore the match, which made it dif­fi­cult to plan. Lawrence, who is yet to re­ceive a win from his team in some 13 match­es, not­ed he will be us­ing a sim­i­lar tac­tic to his ad­van­tage in the fu­ture.

How­ev­er, he said for the War­riors to win and ad­vance in this tour­na­ment, his play­ers must take the chances when they come.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2019, 06:26:36 AM »
UPDATED unofficial roster (subject to correction)

Goalkeepers:
Marvin Phillip (NEROCA FC - India), Adrian Foncette (Police FC - T&T), Glenroy Samuel (La Horquetta Rangers - T&T)

Defenders:
Daneil Cyrus (Mohun Bagan - India), Sheldon Bateau (KV Mechelen - Belgium), Aubrey David (Deportivo Saprissa - Costa Rica), Mekeil Williams (Oklahoma City Energy FC - USA), Alvin Jones (Oklahoma City Energy FC - USA), Carlyle Mitchell (San Juan Jabloteh - T&T), Keston Julien (AS Trenčín - Slovakia), Ross Russell Jr. (La Horquetta Rangers - T&T)

Midfielders:
Kevin Molino (Minnesota United - USA), Khaleem Hyland (Al Faisaly - Saudi Arabia), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders FC - USA), Jomal Williams (AD Isidro Metapán - Honduras), Levi Garcia (Beitar Jerusalem FC - Israel), Leston Paul (Memphis 901 FC - USA), Nathaniel Garcia (Gokulam Kerala FC - India), Judah Garcia (Point Fortin Civic FC - T&T), Kevan George (Charlotte Independence - USA), Neveal Hackshaw (Indy Eleven - USA), Dre Fortune (North Carolina FC - USA), Aikim Andrews (La Horquetta Rangers - T&T), Aaron Lester (Defence Force - T&T)

Forwards:
Ryan Telfer (York9 FC - Canada), Akeem Garcia (Halifax Wanderers - Canada), Daniel Carr (Apollon Limassol - Cyprus), Marcus Joseph (Gokulam Kerala FC - India)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 06:52:02 AM by Tallman »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2019, 07:37:59 AM »
Focused Warriors hunt needed result.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

T&T's So­ca War­riors will seek to rec­ti­fy the mis­takes they made in their pre­vi­ous match­es when they face Hon­duras in their third match of the CON­CA­CAF Na­tions League from 7 pm to­day at the Hase­ly Craw­ford Sta­di­um in Mu­cu­rapo.

Coach Den­nis Lawrence's men had just two days to pre­pare for the en­counter and the coach ad­mit­ted at a press con­fer­ence yes­ter­day that he got two oth­er play­ers to com­plete his puz­zle on­ly yes­ter­day.

The War­riors drew both their pre­vi­ous match­es against Mar­tinique but Lawrence, a for­mer na­tion­al de­fend­er turned coach, re­mind­ed the me­dia of how they drew 2-2 in the sec­ond game last month, say­ing they let it slip.

He promised his play­ers would be fo­cused on get­ting the re­sult that they need to get to­day.

"I think we know what's at stake. We un­der­stand the im­por­tance of this game. The last game, we let it slip, or we would have been in a much bet­ter po­si­tion. The boys looked up to it and are ready for the chal­lenge, so we're go­ing to be very fo­cused and try and get the re­sult that we want to get be­cause we all know the im­por­tance of the game."

Lawrence said Hon­durans are an ex­pe­ri­enced team who will be com­ing with con­fi­dence and be com­pet­i­tive in their at­tempt to get a vic­to­ry.

The Hon­durans de­feat­ed T&T 2-1 the last time the teams met but Lawrence said his charges played a very bad game then, par­tic­u­lar­ly in the first half. The vis­i­tors will al­so be com­ing off of a vic­to­ry in an in­ter­na­tion­al friend­ly with Chile re­cent­ly, which Lawrence ap­plaud­ed, say­ing they did very well to come back and win the en­counter.

Lawrence said he al­so in­tends to use the priv­i­lege of not re­leas­ing his team to their op­po­nents too ear­ly to his ad­van­tage. He told the me­dia his team faced tremen­dous dif­fi­cul­ty against Mar­tinique be­cause he was un­aware of who their play­ers were un­til just be­fore the match, which made it dif­fi­cult to plan. Lawrence, who is yet to re­ceive a win from his team in some 13 match­es, not­ed he will be us­ing a sim­i­lar tac­tic to his ad­van­tage in the fu­ture.

How­ev­er, he said for the War­riors to win and ad­vance in this tour­na­ment, his play­ers must take the chances when they come.
it’s been almost three years and he haven’t figured out that puzzle yet, for that matter has he even started it?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:40:52 AM by pull stones »

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2019, 01:23:19 PM »
Nicklas Frenderup on Facebook:
"Delighted to get call up to the national team 🇹🇹 against Honduras and Venezuela.
Very happy for my start in Blink, 8 wins and 1 draw in my first 9 games. Unfortunately i can not go because we don’t have the national break. Good luck tonight boys🇹🇹⚽️🍀"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2019, 02:32:01 PM »
Nicklas Frenderup on Facebook:
"Delighted to get call up to the national team 🇹🇹 against Honduras and Venezuela.
Very happy for my start in Blink, 8 wins and 1 draw in my first 9 games. Unfortunately i can not go because we don’t have the national break. Good luck tonight boys🇹🇹⚽️🍀"

Third tier football does not ordinarily expect to be entertaining NT call-ups.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2019, 03:24:53 PM »
Possible Online Streams?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2019, 03:59:29 PM »
Possible Online Streams?
it’s on Univision, i don’t know where you live but in north america it’s on univision.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2019, 04:05:27 PM »
I forgot there was a game today. I read the Guardian and I jump.

On paper not a bad team. But refused to get excited by TT football. Is like following the WI cricket team. Just settle in and enjoy the pull stones.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2019, 04:12:42 PM »
I forgot there was a game today. I read the Guardian and I jump.

On paper not a bad team. But refused to get excited by TT football. Is like following the WI cricket team. Just settle in and enjoy the pull stones.

VB
did somebody call my name?  :rotfl: :rotfl:

yes meh boy that is where DJW has taken us, on a very nightmarish journey. just when you think you couldn’t get worst than Oliver camps and this gool appears out of nowhere. I’ll watch the game after the match, I think I’ll take in CPL tonight.  :beermug:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2019, 04:17:13 PM »

I should know better. But I am actually going to take in this match instead of the CPL. Worse yet, I actually reschedule my work hours to catch the game.  :(

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2019, 05:08:31 PM »
Possible Online Streams?
it’s on Univision, i don’t know where you live but in north america it’s on univision.
Presently in TO but I do not subscribe to cable TV so I am in search of an Online stream.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2019, 05:11:34 PM »
Starting Lineups

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2019, 05:12:54 PM »
looking at that line up, i'm very curious to know who is playing exactly where.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2019, 05:13:55 PM »

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2019, 05:17:13 PM »
respect tall man

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2019, 05:20:04 PM »
Thanks Nige
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2019, 05:30:54 PM »
Lawd, Bateau almost had a Cyrus.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2019, 05:59:33 PM »
The weak link in the first half is?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2019, 06:06:25 PM »
BIG TACKLE by Alvin Jones! :applause:

1]; } ?>