March 28, 2024, 05:11:39 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Honduras Games (10-Oct & 17-Nov-2019)  (Read 44211 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Honduras Games (10-Oct & 17-Nov-2019)
« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2019, 07:14:20 PM »
wow well boy
I pity the fool....

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2019, 07:18:42 PM »
From national football hero, to the national football villain. . Regardless the reaction, DJW will still praise him.

Counting the days until the election. . The question is, if Lawrence goes, who else is there?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2019, 07:20:06 PM »
More red card yes lol
who

Mekeil Williams

my goodness d disaster continues....if DJW still president after d election, we will know just how much pride and love for d local game football stakeholders truly have
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2019, 07:20:17 PM »
FINAL: Trinidad and Tobago 0-2 Honduras. Goals scored by Brayan Moya (52') and Douglas Martinez (90'). T&T ended the game with 9 men as Levi Garcia and Mekeil Williams were ejected from the game.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2019, 07:20:48 PM »
Well done Dennis you are famous and notorious

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2019, 07:26:43 PM »
*SIGH*

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2019, 07:34:53 PM »
Bateau?

Guerra?

I see Bateau in the video, and someone who looks like Guerra, but not sure.

Bateau .

Guerra ✓ :)

Ah cyah believe Tulla siddung on de bench that long.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2019, 07:52:09 PM »
FINAL: Trinidad and Tobago 0-2 Honduras. Goals scored by Brayan Moya (52') and Douglas Martinez (90'). T&T ended the game with 9 men as Levi Garcia and Mekeil Williams were ejected from the game.
ah guess the mystery warriors ting didn't work

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2019, 07:55:37 PM »
Well that’s relegation. Bye bye hex. Dennis can stay now, there is nothing left to play for. No games = no money for TTFA = GG. Bye bye DJW.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2019, 08:06:18 PM »
I think they will tie the game.  They must focus on time management on the field when they have possession of the ball. when I look at the previous match when Trinidad has beaten Honduras, they were very poor in keeping the ball and not able to create chances at goal. I know DL focus on the defensive. Trinidad struggles on their attacking part of the game. I know they have individual talent but not match quality. Match Quality is the ability to understand the level of the game in which keeping ball away from their opponents.

what game?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2019, 08:07:07 PM »
Let DL give his usual spin in the post press conference and let the T&T sports media eat it up...same old same old

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2019, 08:18:06 PM »
From national football hero, to the national football villain. . Regardless the reaction, DJW will still praise him.

Counting the days until the election. . The question is, if Lawrence goes, who else is there?

If? ???

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2019, 08:22:21 PM »
More red card yes lol
who

Mekeil Williams

my goodness d disaster continues....if DJW still president after d election, we will know just how much pride and love for d local game football stakeholders truly have

DJW's re-election would mean that Trinidad and Tobago is NOT a self-respecting nation or football country and that the constituents of the federation are truly cannibalistic. I doh care what expedient or convenient arguments supposedly exist in his favour, none are sufficiently sustaining. I challenge anyone to present the case, privately or publicly.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 08:28:38 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2019, 08:23:32 PM »
Please i won’t even waste time watching this game live because i already know the out come. the game will start with them dodging a few goals and making a few runs of their own and of course honduras would weather it as usual, with us squandering a few good chances....... as usual

then in the 2nd half honduras would get behind the defense marvin will run out like a mad bull get beaten and goal #1, and I’m being kind here because it could happen early in the first half. they will press for the equalizer leaving their defense open while honduras on the other hand sits patiently waiting to increase their lead and it would come when they run a fast play, bateau and cyrus would be sprinting back after being caught out of position when the counter is sprung, marvin will run out again to play last stopper and get caught off his line somewhere on the 6 yard box goal #2.

then the camera would show dennis bawling out his lungs looking desperate while jovin, kevin and Carr takes all kinds of Hail Mary shots with minor figaroa looking on stoned faced and confident that his goal was not even rocked once as the clock quickly winds down.

then dennis in his post match comments would be angry that we scuffed many chances, he would praise marvin for keeping the score line reasonable, and cyrus would be injury free and live to play another game come next week where the Hondurans would take us apart in the home leg.

PS. then us here would resurrect the fire dennis lawrence thread, foreign born players thread and the fire DJW thread while we cuss the night away claiming that those guys didn’t even string three passes together and instead opted to for the chorus of long balls especially by cyrus who would often bypasses the midfield only to give possession right back to our opponents.

a whole lot of us would not be able to sleep well that night nor have the care to sleep with our spouses. thus would be the tail of the tape come tomorrow, a carbon copy of all the other important games we’ve played since DJW and dennis lawrence entered into our lives, a far cry from Steven hart and raymond timkee’s tenure.

disappointment disappointment disappointment from under 15 boys and girls to senior level men and women, a far cry from even when jack warner was large and in charge. trinis really know how to spoil dung.
did i call it or what? now everybody cussing, the females know that their blank sure tonight because cyrus killed the mood. i can't waste no time on this team call me when DJW and dennis the stooge is gone.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2019, 08:28:23 PM »
Among other things, a sport psychologist is needed, dem fellas fraustrated.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 08:30:38 PM by soccerman »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2019, 08:30:49 PM »
More red card yes lol
who

Mekeil Williams

DJW's re-election would mean that Trinidad and Tobago is NOT a self-respecting nation or football country. I doh care what expedient or convenient arguments supposedly exist in his favour. I challenge anyone to present the case.
self respecting you say? these people destroyed a whole country with lawyers judges and politicians all having a hand in it, these people only respect instant gratification and selfish gain. these spanish boy will continue to come in our back yard and take points from us anytime they feel, it's like taking candy from a down syndrome baby.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2019, 08:31:37 PM »
you mean frustrating to watch.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2019, 08:34:05 PM »
Lawrence have no shame. It didn't have to reach here. Officially the worst coach we ever had.
Record games without a win. Congrats I guess

But have we dropped anchor yet?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2019, 08:36:57 PM »
you mean frustrating to watch.
Yes! We might need one too.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2019, 08:42:55 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago's 2-0 loss to Honduras.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/z8VFghzXuB4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/z8VFghzXuB4</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2019, 08:43:03 PM »
did anybody seriously think that we was going to get anything from this game tonight? sometimes we actually set up ourselves for failure when we well know that we're out classed and does not have the pedigree to compete with the top six in concacaf, at least not right now. our football is dead and stinking.

in addition to that we have a goalie who does not know the game, just look at the many errors and turnovers he created tonight. the man never played in a good league yet the coach continues along the line.

cyrus as we all know is a big dum jackass yet he's a main stay on the team. just watch how he gave the defender the line instead of pushing him on the inside, this is elementary defending. and this one on one defending is nonsense. who the hell defends a dangerous player like ellis one on one?

boy we need to fix football in trinidad real bad. our developmental programs is a big fat joke and we need to start over from scratch if we are to be successful.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 09:02:56 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2019, 08:58:39 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago's 2-0 loss to Honduras.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/z8VFghzXuB4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/z8VFghzXuB4</a>
those two idiot central defenders always getting caught out of position and making silly amateurish mistakes. and just watch bateau ball watching while two men are free to score, boy these men are not of any international quality what so ever. i would rather not have a national team than to bring in players to debase the country's image, these men have no pride because they have no fitness yet they rush to play for country. big waste from president on down.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2019, 09:07:36 PM »
BTW the referee and the lines men are big cheats, they made a mess of things as usual. IMO concacaf has the worst officiating of all the confederation. those spanish boys needs to be investigated by fifa asap, i honestly believe most of them are of questionable character.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2019, 10:05:17 PM »
What happen to J Jones I heard the crowd chanting his name I expected him to play in a must win game like this but I did not see him did he go another boat ride again.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2019, 11:29:02 PM »
EPISODE 148 FIELD OF DREAMS ( TT NATIONS CUP PERFORMANCE)

53:58 Hannibal Hajjar, want DL to step down.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3vQzSGvunE4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3vQzSGvunE4</a>

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 11:50:58 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #146 on: October 11, 2019, 01:36:07 AM »
Hondurans shut out T&T 2-0.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Trinidad and To­ba­go’s chances of pro­gress­ing out of the group in the Con­ca­caf Na­tions League were dealt a se­vere blow when they were shut out 2-0 by Hon­duras at the Hase­ly Craw­ford Sta­di­um in Port-of-Spain last night.

The vis­i­tors got a sec­ond-half goals from Bryan Ve­lasquez-Moya (52th) and Dou­glas Mar­tinez (90th) as skip­per Kevin Moli­no’s side was con­fined to yet an­oth­er de­feat in what has been a hor­ri­ble run for them so far this year.

And on an­oth­er day the score­line could have been much wider, as the vis­i­tors en­joyed the bet­ter of the ex­changes on the night and it was on­ly some des­per­ate de­fend­ing by Daneil Cyrus, Alvin Jones and com­pa­ny which pre­vent­ed fur­ther goals.

In the 52nd minute, Al­berth Elis skil­ful­ly blew past Cyrus on the right flank be­fore de­liv­er­ing for Ve­lasquez-Moya to hit pow­er­ful­ly past goal­keep­er Mar­vin Phillip.

And Mar­tinez was again at the cen­tre of the at­tack for Hon­duras again, this time he stormed down the right side and re­leased for an un­marked Mar­tinez Juarez Dou­glas to drill the fi­nal nail in the T&T cof­fin in the 90th minute.

The War­riors, who start­ed strong de­spite a small turnout of fans, al­so fin­ished the match with nine men af­ter Levi Gar­cia was giv­en march­ing or­ders in the 72nd minute for his sec­ond book­able of­fence and Mekeil Williams was shown a straight red for a vi­cious tack­le in time added on at the end of the match.

Ear­li­er in the sev­enth minute, slop­py de­fen­sive work by Shel­don Bateau al­most al­lowed a de­flect­ed at­tempt to squeeze past T&T goalie Phillip.

TT’s best chance came in the 25th when Moli­no picked out Shel­don Bateauwith his left-sided cor­ner, but Bateau’s pow­er­ful head­er crashed against the cross­bar be­fore go­ing to safe­ty.

Lat­er, Ryan Telfer com­bined with Khaleem Hy­land but the lat­ter, with miles of room in front him, saw his shot sail over­bar.

The teams went in­to the in­ter­val goal­less but af­ter­wards, Hon­duras dom­i­nat­ed the af­fair.

How­ev­er, T&T should have scored a con­so­la­tion item in the 85th when Moli­no’s cross from a free­kick found Akeem Gar­cia un­marked at the back post but he failed to con­nect with the ball.

The Soca Warriors needed a win to have any chance of a berth in the Concacaf Hex for the Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifying series while Dennis Lawrence also set an unwanted mark for the longest win-less streak in the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association’s 111 year history. The lanky head coach, who has managed five wins, eight draws and 18 losses from his 31 matches - (Wired868).

(Teams)

Trinidad and Tobago (4-2-3-1): 1.Marvin Phillip (GK); 16.Alvin Jones, 4.Sheldon Bateau, 5.Daneil Cyrus, 17.Mekeil Williams [Red Card]; 23.Leston Paul (9.Ataulla Guerra 73), 8.Khaleem Hyland (captain); 11.Levi Garcia [Red Card], 10.Kevin Molino, 7.Ryan Telfer (13.Duane Muckette 87); 14.Daniel Carr (20.Akeem Garcia 62).

Unused substitutes: 21.Glenroy Samuel (GK), 22.Adrian Foncette (GK), 2.Aubrey David, 3.Joevin Jones, 6.Keston Julien, 15.Neveal Hackshaw, 12.Carlyle Mitchell, 18.Aikim Andrews, 19.Kevan George.

Coach: Dennis Lawrence

Honduras (4-2-2-2): 22.Luis Lopez (GK); 2.Félix Crisanto, 4.Henry Figueroa, 3.Maynor Figueroa (captain), 5.Éver Alvarado; 8.Carlos Pineda, 10.Alexander López (20.Jorge Álvarez 75); 17.Alberth Ellis, 12.Jonathan Toro; 11.Bryan Róchez (16.Rigoberto Rivas 67), 13.Brayan Moya (14.Douglas Martinez 81).

Unused substitutes: 1.Harold Fonseca (GK), 18.Jose Zuniga (GK), 6.Bryan Acosta, 7.Emilio Izaguirre, 9.Jorge Benguche, 15.Denil Maldonado, 19.Luis Garrido, 21.Danilo Tobias, 23.Edwin Solano.

Coach: Fabián Coito

Highlights - Trinidad 0 - 2 Honduras

RELATED NEWS

Honduras whip T&T 2-0 in ill-tempered affair.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

HONDURAS whipped T&T 2-0 in an ill-tempered affair on Thursday evening, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, in a Concacaf Nations League, League A, Group C encounter.

Brayan Moya and Douglas Martinez were the goal-getters for Honduras, with T&T finishing the game with nine men as Levi Garcia and Mekeil Williams were sent off by referee Mario Escobar.

This result will certainly heap more pressure on T&T’s beleaguered coach Dennis Lawrence, whose winless run has now been extended to 13 (nine defeats and four draws).

T&T entered this match on the back of two drawn results (1-1 and 2-2) against the other team in Group C, Martinique. Honduras were playing their first game in the group.

Lawrence made two changes from last month’s 2-2 draw against Martinique at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, with captain Khaleem Hyland and left-back Williams replacing Kevan George and Aubrey David.

Hyland played his part in T&T’s first attack on the Honduras goal, in the third minute. The T&T skipper picked out fellow midfielder Kevin Molino to his left, and Molino’s right-footed effort went wide of the mark.

Sheldon Bateau, who wore the captain’s armband against Martinique, almost gifted Honduras an opening goal four minutes later. The central defender took too long to control a back pass and saw his shot crash off Honduras’ striker Bryan Rochez, leaving T&T goalkeeper Marvin Phillip to rush back to clear the looping ball off the line.

Bateau, on the other end of the field, came close in the 27th minute, as he met Molino’s corner with a header which crashed off the crossbar, with the loose ball cleared off the line by defender Felix Crisanto.

In a rare T&T foray, Hyland took a ball from Molino and sent his left-footed drive overbar, while Honduras’ skipper Maynor Figueroa forced Phillip to push a powerfully-hit freekick overbar.

Honduras changed gears in the second half, with Phillip forced to parry a low right-footed shot from Ever Alvarado but a lurking Alberth Elis sent the rebound high, from a few metres out.

Honduras eventually broke the deadlock in the 51st, with a close-range left-footed shot from Moya, after Elis left T&T centre-back Daneil Cyrus for dead, on the left by-line.

Debutant Akeem Garcia, who came on for an ineffective striker Daniel Carr in the 61st, was deployed in his unaccustomed role as centre forward.

He had a chance to tie the scores six minutes later when he ran at a pass from Hyland but sent a low right-footed shot wide off Luis Lopez’s goal.

Levi Garcia was given his marching orders two minutes later, for a second bookable offence (after fouls on Alvarado in the 47th and Jonathan Toro), while Molino vented his frustration at the referee and got a yellow card.

The T&T players almost got into a brawl with their opponents in the 84th after Alvin Jones got into a tangle with Carlos Pineda; Rigoberto Rivas and Phillip were subsequently booked by the referee.

With the T&T players looking for an elusive equaliser, Honduras capitalised on defensive gaps to net their second item, in the 89th.

Once again, Cyrus was left twisting and turning by Elis, who squared the ball to an unmarked Martinez, to his left, and the substitute midfielder slotted the ball past Phillip.

Williams added salt to his team’s wounds with a lunging tackle on Crisanto, in the 90th.

Honduras will play their next two Nations League, League A Group C matches at home – against Martinique on Sunday and T&T on November 17.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 12:41:17 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2019, 04:12:28 AM »
More red card yes lol
who

Mekeil Williams

DJW's re-election would mean that Trinidad and Tobago is NOT a self-respecting nation or football country and that the constituents of the federation are truly cannibalistic. I doh care what expedient or convenient arguments supposedly exist in his favour, none are sufficiently sustaining. I challenge anyone to present the case, privately or publicly.

Cannibalistic or bribery?  :D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2019, 04:43:32 AM »
WATCH: Post-match comments from Head Coach Dennis Lawrence following Trinidad and Tobago's 2-0 loss to Honduras.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-PA7n4MQ9IM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-PA7n4MQ9IM</a>

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 11, 2019, 05:45:14 AM »
How is Guerra and Jones not starting? Why do we have Paul and Cyrus not on the bench? Carr also shouldve never started this game. We have Molino as a striker when it should be Telfer with Jones behind him. Thats a lot of speed on the left side alone. Telfer with Guerra at the top, with Molino and Hyland mid. Wasting talent on the bench and starting scrubs.

1]; } ?>