March 28, 2024, 03:47:30 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Honduras Games (10-Oct & 17-Nov-2019)  (Read 44248 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Honduras Games (10-Oct & 17-Nov-2019)
« Reply #150 on: October 11, 2019, 06:11:05 AM »
WATCH: Post-match comments from Head Coach Dennis Lawrence following Trinidad and Tobago's 2-0 loss to Honduras.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-PA7n4MQ9IM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-PA7n4MQ9IM</a>
wait a minute dennis, so none of this is your fault? you defended cyrus last week in Mexico when he gave away the ball in the middle of the park. he was also involved in many incidents in the recent past that lead to goals him and the bateau bloke who lost the ball in the final third last night that almost lead to a goal, our central defenders are horrendous and a total novice could see it.

you also insist on leston Paul when we have Neval hackshaw rottting on the bench who’s a way better attacker and defender than leston yet you insist on paul who has limited skills and no speed. as for the goalie those two goals were quite savable IMO. sometimes the difference between winning and losing is your goalie, just ask costa rica if you don’t believe me.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 06:13:43 AM by pull stones »

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2019, 06:12:29 AM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago's 2-0 loss to Honduras.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/z8VFghzXuB4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/z8VFghzXuB4</a>
Video not available.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 11, 2019, 06:22:36 AM »
What happen to J Jones I heard the crowd chanting his name I expected him to play in a must win game like this but I did not see him did he go another boat ride again.
what about ranjitsingh? it’s quite obvious that dennis lawrence didn’t rate jovin from the beginning. jovin has never featured on his team neither hackshaw. these are the some of the madening things that leave me scratching my head with local coaches. the insistence on cyrus, Paul and Phillips when there are more talented players to chose from and especially when these staring players add very little quality to the team, are very madening to behold.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 08:33:04 AM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2019, 07:26:57 AM »
EPISODE 148 FIELD OF DREAMS ( TT NATIONS CUP PERFORMANCE)

53:58 Hannibal Hajjar, want DL to step down.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3vQzSGvunE4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3vQzSGvunE4</a>
and there in lies the problem. i’ve just wasted an hour of my life listening to these old men talk about local vs foreign based when that has nothing to do with why we are under performing. if foreign vs local base were the real issue then tell me why are we losing at every level from under 15 to senior both men and women’s football? this is clearly an over sight and misdiagnosis.

It’s very hard to sit and listen to these old men who obviously suffer with the same disease as dennis, and the xenophobia is ripe in this regard where they only want to see local talent on display that’s why ranjitsingh who plays on a higher level and is arguable better than all the local keepers we have could never earn a cap to save his life and in spite of marvin’s obvious flaws. yet they never even address this a little, how very dishonest.

none of these old men put DJW on the spot, in fact they were all very cautious not to put the spot light on him nor hold him in contempt. and I’m sure some of them were even instrumental in putting DJW at the helm. it’s small petty thinking like this that has us as a nation under performing at all levels and in all aspects of our existence. these people needs to take an honest approach, it’s the only true problem solver.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 08:07:55 AM by pull stones »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 11, 2019, 08:19:53 AM »
We bench coulda beat we starting line up.

Dennis eh know how to coach and motivate players.

This man will bury we football.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 11, 2019, 11:11:02 AM »
Look where T&T football reach. Everyone shitting on we, last week it was St Vincent shit on we, Guyana already shit on we too

Look at DL record as coach - https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrinbago/posts/136433517702833

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2019, 12:25:41 PM »
Dennis sounding like a broken record now. You keep playing the same players game in, game out and other aspiring players are not given the chance. There were certain games they could've played plus as a coach you can cleverly use them in certain situations where they won't be exposed.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2019, 01:19:35 PM »
Ooooooooye fellahs

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2019, 03:08:12 PM »
How is Guerra and Jones not starting? Why do we have Paul and Cyrus not on the bench? Carr also shouldve never started this game. We have Molino as a striker when it should be Telfer with Jones behind him. Thats a lot of speed on the left side alone. Telfer with Guerra at the top, with Molino and Hyland mid. Wasting talent on the bench and starting scrubs.

Correct.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2019, 03:17:44 PM »
Was Cyrus covering up an injury? Seems like he was hobbling about on certain actions.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2019, 05:15:29 PM »
Dennis sounding like a broken record now. You keep playing the same players game in, game out and other aspiring players are not given the chance. There were certain games they could've played plus as a coach you can cleverly use them in certain situations where they won't be exposed.

That’s how a sabotage works...  :o :devil:

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2019, 06:20:41 PM »
We bench coulda beat we starting line up.

Dennis eh know how to coach and motivate players.

This man will bury buried we football.

corrected
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2019, 12:36:23 AM »
Lawrence very disappointed.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Dis­ap­point­ed is how na­tion­al foot­ball coach Den­nis Lawrence feels af­ter his team was beat­en 2-0 by Hon­duras in the CON­CA­CAF Na­tions League at the Hase­ly Craw­ford Sta­di­um in Mu­cu­rapo on Thurs­day night.

Speak­ing dur­ing a post-match press con­fer­ence at the VIP Lounge of the Hase­ly Craw­ford Sta­di­um, Lawrence said he felt that way not on­ly be­cause of the re­sult but be­cause he didn’t see a game that had any­thing in it to war­rant sev­en book­ings, in­clud­ing two red cards and a hurt­ful loss for his team.

He al­so de­fend­ed Levi Gar­cia, who was red-card­ed in the match for his sec­ond book­able of­fence, say­ing he didn’t think his chal­lenge on a play­er was de­serv­ing of a card. T&T’s Mekeil Williams, who came on as a sec­ond-half sub­sti­tute, was al­so shown a straight red card for a tack­le on a Hon­duran strik­er.

The re­sult now makes T&T’s chances of pro­gress­ing out of the group and qual­i­fy­ing for the Qatar World Cup in 2022 very slim, if not im­pos­si­ble.

The So­ca War­riors will next face the Hon­durans on No­vem­ber 17 in a re­turn match, but Lawrence could po­ten­tial­ly have to de­fend him­self and his team again, as he again lament­ed the chal­lenges he faces in pro­duc­ing a com­pet­i­tive team with­out a func­tion­ing T&T Pro­fes­sion­al Foot­ball League.

His trou­bles ap­pear to have been ex­ac­er­bat­ed by play­ers re­peat­ing mis­takes of the past. Lawrence said this means that play­ers are not learn­ing and called on them to start tak­ing re­spon­si­bil­i­ty for their per­for­mances.

“When I look back at the game tonight, I thought we did very well. We com­pet­ed well, we man­aged the ball well," Lawrence said.

"And then the sec­ond half start­ed and there was noth­ing in the game and then one in­ci­dent where we gave away a very soft goal, from my opin­ion, a very poor de­fen­sive, in­di­vid­ual de­ci­sion and then we’re there, chas­ing the game.”

He added, “Then we get a red card and then an­oth­er red card as we were chas­ing the game. The sec­ond goal was ir­rel­e­vant be­cause we were try­ing to get back in­to the game.”

Lawrence, who has now gone some 13 match­es with­out a vic­to­ry as the coach, be­lieves the on­ly way to fix the prob­lems the team is plagued with is to work hard­er and bring in new and younger play­ers while the team shifts its fo­cus on the long term, with an en­counter with Venezuela on the ta­ble.

He said the tech­ni­cal staff will now have to take the risk of us­ing young play­ers in key match­es and this would have se­vere con­se­quences on the coun­try’s FI­FA/CON­CA­CAF rank­ings and World Cup qual­i­fy­ing chances.

“You’ve got short-term, medi­um-term and you’ve got long term goals, and the way I think we ought to look at now is long term," he said.

"Once the Na­tions League struc­ture came in­to play we were al­ways go­ing to face this chal­lenge be­cause every game now counts for some­thing. So the fact that there is no more in­ter­na­tion­al friend­ly match per se means giv­ing a young play­er an op­por­tu­ni­ty be­comes more dif­fi­cult.

“This is be­cause you need to put them in a com­pet­i­tive en­vi­ron­ment. Now you look at it and ask your­self is he ready or is he not?... So the on­ly way you’re go­ing to find out is by putting him in the sit­u­a­tion. So we have Venezuela now and the on­ly way you will know if some­body like Ke­ston Julien or An­dre For­tune is ready is by putting them in the sit­u­a­tion.”

« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 10:11:26 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2019, 12:37:48 AM »
United TTFA: 13 matches without a win.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Fol­low­ing T&T's 2-0 loss to Hon­duras in the Con­ca­caf Na­tions League at the Hase­ly Craw­ford Sta­di­um in Port-of-Spain on Thurs­day night at the team's chances of not pro­g­e­si­ing out of the group stage the Unit­ed TTFA stake­hold­ers is­sues the fol­low­ing state­ment which is pub­lished in full.

UNIT­ED TTFA STATEMENT

The state­ment reads, "Unit­ed TTFA is alarmed at the home de­feat of the So­ca War­riors by Hon­duras last night, which con­demned our se­nior men's na­tion­al team to its longest ever run with­out a win since Trinidad and To­ba­go joined FI­FA in 1962 - an un­prece­dent­ed thir­teen match­es.

More­over, the loss forces our team to the bot­tom of the CON­CA­CAF Na­tions League group stand­ings and vir­tu­al­ly elim­i­nates our coun­try's chances of se­cur­ing an au­to­mat­ic berth to ei­ther the World Cup or Gold Cup. Sad­ly, our team is head­ed in­to the sec­ond di­vi­sion of the CON­CA­CAF Na­tions League.

With­in the same week, Trinidad and To­ba­go's se­nior women's na­tion­al team fin­ished sec­ond to last in its Caribbean Olympic qual­i­fy­ing group and was elim­i­nat­ed from that CON­CA­CAF tour­na­ment. Mere­ly four years ago that team chal­lenged Ecuador for a place in the Women's World Cup.

Unit­ed TTFA sees the im­me­di­ate ill for­tune of these two na­tion­al teams as em­blem­at­ic of the on­go­ing col­lapse of TTFA's na­tion­al teams' pro­gramme un­der the David John-Williams ad­min­is­tra­tion. Since com­ing to pow­er in 2015, the David John-Williams has presided over the alarm­ing de­struc­tion of Trinidad and To­ba­go's once un­ri­valled dom­i­na­tion of Caribbean foot­ball, and the loss of its hard-won sta­tus as a mem­ber of CON­CA­CAF's elite.

This cat­a­stroph­ic de­cline is ev­i­dent in all of our na­tion­al teams, ir­re­spec­tive of age group or gen­der. The ab­sence of fans from na­tion­al team match­es is an in­creas­ing­ly des­per­ate protest, even from loy­al sup­port­ers, against our in­creas­ing­ly abysmal per­for­mance in the in­ter­na­tion­al are­na.

Unit­ed TTFA re­jects the stan­dard ex­cus­es be­ing of­fered by the TTFA Pres­i­dent and na­tion­al team coach­es in de­fence of their dis­mal record. Fail­ure is now be­ing cam­ou­flaged by talk of "de­vel­op­ment".

Unit­ed TTFA be­lieves the ex­pla­na­tion for our dra­mat­ic fall from grace is that un­der David John-Williams the se­lec­tion and con­tract­ing of na­tion­al coach­es have be­come in­creas­ing­ly ar­bi­trary and non-trans­par­ent; the op­er­a­tion of na­tion­al coach­es and na­tion­al teams has be­come un­teth­ered from any form of tech­ni­cal su­per­vi­sion and ac­count­abil­i­ty; and the se­lec­tion of play­ers has be­come in­creas­ing­ly hap­haz­ard and nar­row.

Unit­ed TTFA al­so be­lieves, how­ev­er, that de­liv­er­ance is on the hori­zon - the TTFA elec­tion of 24 No­vem­ber.

Unit­ed TTFA has a vi­sion, sup­port­ed by a plan, for the restora­tion of Trinidad and To­ba­go's for­tunes and sta­tus on the in­ter­na­tion­al stage. This will re­quire time and in­vest­ment but Unit­ed TTFA pledges to achieve this wor­thy ob­jec­tive. We call on all foot­ball lovers, and all of Trinidad and To­ba­go, to be of stout heart. De­liv­er­ance is close to hand."

The state­ment was sub­mit­ted on be­half of:

An­tho­ny Har­ford (North Zone)

Kei­th Look Loy (Su­per League)

Sam Phillip (Foot­ball sup­port­er)

Clynt Tay­lor (Cen­tral Zone)

William Wal­lace (Secondary Schools - SS­FL)

Su­san War­rick (Women's Foot­ball)

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2019, 01:00:22 AM »
Sam Phillip has to be our Sam isn’t it?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 01:02:53 AM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2019, 01:05:25 AM »
Was Cyrus covering up an injury? Seems like he was hobbling about on certain actions.
If he was seriously injured enough to impede his game i doubt he would start when the bench has other options, i just wish he never plays for us again, he’s a hot mess.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 01:09:01 AM by pull stones »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2019, 06:41:47 AM »
Sam Phillip has to be our Sam isn’t it?

I don't think so. But I could be wrong.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2019, 07:50:34 AM »
It is definitely not
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2019, 10:46:52 PM »
Honduras is a legitimate top 4 team in the CONCACAF they have been battling it out with Costa Rica for 3rd and 4 spot for past decade the ease in which 1ball over the of the defense left Ellis alone with man to beat was not a good sign of things to come it was to easy the way Honduras was able to play through TT defense.

I watched A Ellis terrorize the Jamaican defense in Kingston but there 2 defensive midfielders was always there to put out the fire TT defensive midfielders was always missing in action L Paul was always late getting inside the box and K Hyland was no wear to be found this gave there attack uncontested shoots on goal I don't think these guys understand there roles they are not providing enough cover for our left back and right back when they go forward which is leaving A Ellis with 1 on 1 duals with Cyrus and that's not good.

K Molino was bottled up he had to drop back deep just to get the ball when ever our attacker got free there was always enough cover to breakup the attack all of our shoots was contested and taking off a forward when we needs goals was a mistake once he took of D Carr there was no one running in the channels anymore that freed up there center backs.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2019, 10:55:23 PM »
How tall is Carr @ffisback?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 13, 2019, 02:20:35 AM »
Honduras is a legitimate top 4 team in the CONCACAF they have been battling it out with Costa Rica for 3rd and 4 spot for past decade the ease in which 1ball over the of the defense left Ellis alone with man to beat was not a good sign of things to come it was to easy the way Honduras was able to play through TT defense.

I watched A Ellis terrorize the Jamaican defense in Kingston but there 2 defensive midfielders was always there to put out the fire TT defensive midfielders was always missing in action L Paul was always late getting inside the box and K Hyland was no wear to be found this gave there attack uncontested shoots on goal I don't think these guys understand there roles they are not providing enough cover for our left back and right back when they go forward which is leaving A Ellis with 1 on 1 duals with Cyrus and that's not good.

K Molino was bottled up he had to drop back deep just to get the ball when ever our attacker got free there was always enough cover to breakup the attack all of our shoots was contested and taking off a forward when we needs goals was a mistake once he took of D Carr there was no one running in the channels anymore that freed up there center backs.
this is the first time i could actually say i agree with you. and to add to that we play this game like we are Brazil or spain when we refuse to foul attacks to slow down games and off set build up plays because once Ellis took off cyrus had the speed to bounce him off the ball and claim the foul, the same way that maynor figaroa was doing levi garcia when he was beaten for pace.

another obvious lack of tactics is when we play these clinical quality players one on one, imagine cyrus or aubrey david going up against any of concacaf’s best finishers like pulasic, Leon bailey, joel campbell, carona, or even alphonzo davies they will be out foxed and destroyed, because these men is world class players and has to be doubled teamed at all times when they advance on your goal.

when kenwin was playing for us he was never left to be played one on one by any team both club and on an international level, he was always double and sometimes triple teamed so it baffles me when we leave dangerous players like ellis to run free without a defender and a midfielder hounding him.

and did anybody seen those two goals? this is why i keep saying it over and over again, your team is as good as your goal keeper. IMO those two goals were very savable goals and if we had an agile handle your business goalie those goals would have been saved easily by a zack stephon or a Yohan blake.

you people might think i’m targeting marvin phillip but this guy is a serious liability. never ever ever when we needed to win a game did this guy ever came up with a clean sheet, in fact he always concede some really soft silly goals when we were in must win situations. I remember when we played panama in the gold cup quarterfinals at MetLife stadium a few years ago, and once i saw him on the roster i knew we would lose the game.

when last he had a clean sheet in an important game? in fact the only clean sheet I can recall him having was the game vs Japan this year, but other than that i cannot recall a clean sheet by this feller, and he’s not to be blamed but dennis is. after this butter fingers goalie conceded 6 goals vs the usa dennis went right back and played him in the nation’s league, this is madness when you reward ineptitude with gratuity.

dennis lawrence is a lame duck and a dud who needs to be fired forthwith, but of course DJW will not fire him because dennis is a black local boy who deserves a chance to totally demolish us to the lower 100s in the fifa rankings, only then he “might” consider firing him.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 02:27:16 AM by pull stones »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 13, 2019, 02:21:18 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago's 2-0 loss to Honduras.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/z8VFghzXuB4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/z8VFghzXuB4</a>
Video not available.
I don't follow football as close as you do but I can assure you i feel the same as you.It took me less than 10 minutes of watching TT vs Hon.to work out how bad we are,I refused to look anymore after watching 10 minutes of crap football from TT.
Sadly we will get worse.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 13, 2019, 03:50:20 PM »
That second yellow given to Levi was an invented yellow. Foul yes, yellow no. Even the commentators agree and, in questioning the call, view it as a made-up call. That stated, the coach has to consider that a player who accumulated a card is at risk of being ejected.

After Levi made his first half contribution, another player who could have added value without the burden of a card, should have been introduced. So despite DL being critical of the flurry of cards, it was his responsibility to protect the team and he didn't.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2019, 07:55:14 PM »
when we refuse to foul attacks to slow down games

Pull stones.: foul attacks ? you ever play against a spanish team? They are notorious divers. Levi got bad calls and was sent off. The ref quick to blow 50-50 in their favor. But anyhow, our faith was already sealed.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 14, 2019, 08:34:00 AM »
So its official now we cannot advance . I was hoping martinique pull something off gosh well according to Djw in his last tv interview the WCQ format is not official yet because there is opposition.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 14, 2019, 09:54:28 AM »
So its official now we cannot advance . I was hoping martinique pull something off gosh well according to Djw in his last tv interview the WCQ format is not official yet because there is opposition.
At this rate we would not even get into the semi final rounds.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 14, 2019, 11:20:53 AM »

They go pull off something at home and we arse getting relegate to league B.
No Gold Cup. No World Cup. These men put we football back ten years.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 14, 2019, 11:29:39 AM »

They go pull off something at home and we arse getting relegate to league B.
No Gold Cup. No World Cup. These men put we football back ten years.

Ten years is a conservative assessment.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2019, 07:42:17 PM »
any links for the game tomorrow, TV, live stream anything?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2019, 07:53:05 PM »
What game boy?

1]; } ?>