March 28, 2024, 09:15:51 AM

Author Topic: Bribery and corruption in the TTFA is what has destroyed us for decades  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Posters and posers who have been a part of this discussion board since its inception has seen many instances of corruption and have heard of bribery and other nefarious activities in our football.

Just today a friend of mine who's from Guatamala that lives in LA spoke of the bribery and nefarious deeds being done within that football association.

Why is it so far fetched for posters on here? Why is our nation above that type of corrpution?

Well newsflash to the naive, we are not, it's been there, many times disguised and right in front of your faces.

Trinbago is a small twin island republic that I would say in regards to football and what I have been told by many close to football and world football, is one of the most corrupt and undermining associations per capita.

Not only can we afford to fund our football indirectly and without fifa intervention but we can build a great program like Belgium if we were ever allowed to. In its place we get corrupt leadership and coaches who are in it for the money and never the progression of our sport. Who are afraid and not brave enough or honest enough to take a stand and finally turn around our football.

When we get a great local who has a vision he is criticized and thrown on the wayside because he dares to go outside the box and challenge the corrupt and inept. And those who are narrow minded and cant see past their noses.

We are getting what we deserve, many of the ignorant posters on here create every excuse in the book to justify why we fail and always attribute it to lack of talent etc etc

And never to corruption and ulterior motives. It's time people wake up, I predicted this over 2 years ago and we are here now.

If the board and locally people can wake up, they will realize by coming together they can get rid of the rotten and replace them with people who really want to see our football rise...

« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 02:34:49 PM by Controversial »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 sorry to inform you mate but we’re just not good enough for concacaf and quite frankly we never was if you’re willing to be honest. we were never consistently number 6 in concacaf like Mexico USA and Costa Rica Mantained the 1 2 3 status in the region.

Our league is rubbish our players are delusional so they don’t push to improve themselves. our administrators are selfish greedy and power hungry, and our fans suck. people in trinidad don’t like sports anymore and they don’t attend matches in any kind of numbers. I went to the National stadium a few years ago to watch a cup match and I was amazed to see the stadium as empty as it was, even conference games have better attendance.

so save your time dude, until things change on an administrative level don’t expect much to change on the pitch.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
sorry to inform you mate but we’re just not good enough for concacaf and quite frankly we never was if you’re willing to be honest. we were never consistently number 6 in concacaf like Mexico USA and Costa Rica Mantained the 1 2 3 status in the region.

Our league is rubbish our players are delusional so they don’t push to improve themselves. our administrators are selfish greedy and power hungry, and our fans suck. people in trinidad don’t like sports anymore and they don’t attend matches in any kind of numbers. I went to the National stadium a few years ago to watch a cup match and I was amazed to see the stadium as empty as it was, even conference games have better attendance.

so save your time dude, until things change on an administrative level don’t expect much to change on the pitch.

Some of your points are valid but us not being talented enough is rubbish, Hart had us on par with Mexico and they fired him and made sure we slide back to no mans land with tallest

Our football slide was deliberate and orchestrated, it’s not lack of talent that’s bs, it’s purposefully done..

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Some of your points are valid but us not being talented enough is rubbish, Hart had us on par with Mexico and they fired him and made sure we slide back to no mans land with tallest

Our football slide was deliberate and orchestrated, it’s not lack of talent that’s bs, it’s purposefully done..
mate you make hart out to be zagallo or pellagrini when in fact he’s just an ordinary every day coach. no doubt he had the team playing as an organized unit but in reality he was only plugging the holes and fixing the cracks it’s like putting makeup on an ugly chick, without the makeup she’s still remains ugly. these players you have so much faith in are actually laborers, with the exception of molino jovin and ball pest (who will never be the same again) the rest of these guys will never ply their trade in any reputable league it’s a fact.

just watch their performance last night, what the USA did was nothing we’ve never seen before neither is it revolutionary. they simply ran plays to reorganize our defense by moving the ball from left to right, haven’t you noticed that most the goals came from the flanks? that’s a play they’ve been running on us for the past 20 years and last night was no different.

these boys are amateures and they developed in an amateurish environment and until Trinidad and Tobago get serious and put together proper youth developmental schools and leagues that not only develop skill but toughen the mind then we will always lose to the top 6 in concacaf including Jamaica and haiti. this is not rocket science mister, it’s the protocol for success.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 02:56:04 PM by pull stones »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

mate you make hart out to be zagallo or pellagrini when in fact he’s just an ordinary every day coach. no doubt he had the team playing as an organized unit but in reality he was only plugging the holes and fixing the cracks it’s like putting makeup on an ugly chick, without the makeup she’s still remains ugly. these players you have so much faith in are actually laborers, with the exception of molino jovin and ball pest (who will never be the same again) the rest of these guys will never ply their trade in any reputable league it’s a fact.

just watch their performance last night, what the USA did was nothing we’ve never seen before neither is it revolutionary. they simply ran plays to reorganize our defense by moving the ball from left to right, haven’t you noticed that most the goals came from the flanks? that’s a play they’ve been running on us for the past 20 years and last night was no different.

these boys are amateures and they developed in an amateurish environment and until Trinidad and Tobago get serious and put together proper youth developmental schools and leagues that not only develop skill but toughen the mind then we will always lose to the top 6 in concacaf including Jamaica and haiti. this is not rocket science mister, it’s the protocol for success.

You’re calling out European coaches that have well funded programs and millions of dollars, coaching talent is taking a small island and making them compete on par with teams like Mexico, being faster than teams like Argentina and with experience they could compete with them as well...

Everything I said has come to pass, going back over 2 years now... you said Lawrence is better than Hart, you were wrong, most things you have stated have been wrong tbh...

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No doubt better coaching can make any team play better, regardless of ability. But as was rightly pointed out, the problem with TT football is systemic, and the gap between us and other nations is widening, because they are advancing while we stand still or even move backwards.

To turn this around you need to have better youth development. As demonstrated in this tournament, our players have individual skill, but the vast majority lack football intelligence, refined technique and fitness. Only training starting from the youth levels can help that. A national coach isn't changing that.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
No doubt better coaching can make any team play better, regardless of ability. But as was rightly pointed out, the problem with TT football is systemic, and the gap between us and other nations is widening, because they are advancing while we stand still or even move backwards.

To turn this around you need to have better youth development. As demonstrated in this tournament, our players have individual skill, but the vast majority lack football intelligence, refined technique and fitness. Only training starting from the youth levels can help that. A national coach isn't changing that.

Great points which I agree with fully, things we have discussed ad nauseam on here... I understand our deficiencies very well and it needs to be changed...

But I’m focusing on the core we had under Hart and the fact that they were capable of qualifying in the top 3, and that was ripped away from us because of the undermining by the dictator. Bear in mind, all the issues you addressed I believe is our downfall in development etc but I was merely addressing what we had in regards to that core underneath Hart and what we have presently....

Plus we can’t  ignore the other factors like corruption, because we have had immensely talented teams before, hence the reason we were dubbed the perennial underachievers at one point...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 12:23:48 PM by Controversial »

1]; } ?>