March 30, 2024, 01:11:33 AM

Author Topic: As­cen­sion Foot­ball League Thread  (Read 19199 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: As­cen­sion Foot­ball League Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2022, 01:15:51 AM »
Ascension football league kicks off March 25.
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian).

The second instalment of the Ascension Invitational Football League has been given the all-clear for a March 18 opening with official competition matches set to begin a week later on March 25 at the La Horquetta Recreation Ground.

This was confirmed both by the Minister of Sports and Community Development, Shamfa Cudjoe and Ascension League tournament director, Keiron Edwards when contacted about the competition on Tuesday.

The league was first held in 2019, as a pre-season event to the T&T Pro League season with record-domestic league champion Defence Force capturing the Division One crown and $125,000 top prize, while San Fernando Giants won Division Two and $100,000.

However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the competition was not held in 2020 or last year, but tournament organisers have been very busy and in consultation with officials from the Ministry of Sports and Community Development, Sports Company of T&T (SporTT) and Ministry of Health to start the tournament which has a budget of $3.5 million by mid-March with $175,000 in prize money.

Last month, following a meeting of sporting stakeholders, T&TFA General Secretary Amiel Mohammed said that the granting of the endorsement letter needed by the Ascension Tournament would be discussed by the association with the help of the newly installed Technical Director of the T&TFA, Anton Corneal.

Reached for a response on the tournament Mohammed confirmed that following discussions by the Normalisation Committee-led T&TFA and its officials the Ascension Invitational were granted its endorsement letter which gives the competition the full backing of the local football body.

Mohammed also stated that two other tournaments, namely the Tiger Tank Under-20 Tournament and the Next Level Consulting Limited U-19 Community Invitational are expected to be informed by the end of the week if they too will be given the green light for their staging,

Also last month Edwards also confirmed that the Ascension Invitational received the endorsement letter from the T&TFA while they were also given the all-clear by the Ministry of Sports and Sports Company of T&T with regards to the health and safety guidelines and protocols to be implemented at the venues.

However, according to Edwards, the only hindrance to the league kicking off was getting the all-clear by Minister Terrance Deyalsingh’s Ministry of Health.

And reached for comment yesterday, Edwards confirmed that the Ascension League was now in possession of their letters of permission from the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Sports and Community Development as well as the T&TFA.

Edwards added, "It's a real sign of relief for us and we are very grateful to the Government for their support, and we are now in the final stages of planning for the opening on March 18 and what that will entails to be followed by the official start of matches on March 25.

Commenting on the approval, Cudjoe said that early last month when the Ministry of Sports and Community Development met with Ascension League representative Keiron Edwards, the Sports Company of T&T and the T&T Football Association (T&TFA), the Ascension League noted that the T&TFA was giving them some push back in the granting of approval.

"But since then they (Ascension) have been given the necessary approval from T&TFA and I spoke with Keiron (Edwards) again on February 24, when he reached out to me and told me to thank you so much after I sent him a copy of the letter.

She added, "He messaged me while I was in Cabinet on Thursday (February 24), and I told him that they (Ascension League organisers) were good to go and I sent him the signed letter where the Ministry of Health wrote to me and I told him it was just a matter of him picking up his letter, and he told me thank you so much for the update."

Cudjoe noted that Edwards only had one concern when he saw the approval which centred around the dates set out for the starting and completion of the competition.

She explained, "He said one thing I saw was that the approval was from March 18 to April 31, but there was a back and forth about wanting the end date in August, but the application they submitted for between March and April, so they were not clear on what they wanted.

"I then spoke with Minister Terrence Deyalisngh and he said he will change the dates to cover the entire period of the league and I spoke with the Minister's legal team with regards to having the letter done over and so on, and he said he was just going to write them a blanket approval because we are very adamant about having sport re-open and we continue to push for the full re-opening of sport and I think we are heading in the right direction."

For this year’s tournament, the ten participating clubs in the Premier Division are expected to be Terminix La Horquetta Rangers, T&T Defence Force, T&T Police, Malabar FC, Central FC, Deportivo Pt Fortin, Central Soccer World, AC Port-of-Spain, Cunupia FC and Real West Fort FC who will compete in two rounds of football providing 18 match days for a winners prize of $100,000, second place $50,000, and third $25,000.

The additional venues to be used include the St James Police Barracks Grounds, St James; Diego Martin Sporting Complex, Diego Martin; Arima Municipal Stadium, Arima; and the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

While the focus, for now, is on the staging of the top flight ten-club competition, Edwards noted that discussions are also continuing with representatives of the six T&TFA regional associations inclusive of the Eastern Football Association (EFA), Central Football Association (CFA), Southern Football Association (SFA), Northern Football Association (NFA), Tobago Football Association (TFA), and the Eastern Counties Football Union (ECFU) to host their tournaments to the $1.5 million as well.

The Ascension League is also expected to be aired on SportsMax and two local television stations so far.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2022, 02:22:20 PM »
Cunupia FC coach: New talent will emerge through Ascension League
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

CUNUPIA FC coach Michael De Four is satisfied that local football will resume in a few weeks, saying that the Ascension Football League will allow new talent in T&T to emerge.

Local players have been inactive over the past two years because of the covid19 pandemic.

A media release, on Tuesday, signed by Ascension League tournament director Keiron Edwards confirmed the league has been approved and will start on March 25 and end on July 31.

“We wish to confirm that the Ascension tournament of TT is prepared and we have received written permission from the Minister of Health (Terrance Deyalsingh), Minister of Sport and Community Development (Shamfa Cudjoe) and the chairman of the normalisation committee (Robert Hadad) to proceed,” the release said.

The news about the Ascension League follows the announcement by the Ministry of Sport and Community Development that a safe-zone return-to-play proposal was approved. It came into effect on January 24.

Only fully-vaccinated people are allowed to participate in local sport including athletes, coaches and officials.

Edwards confirmed that all those who will be involved in the Ascension League are fully vaccinated.

“Most notably, we have already confirmed that all teams participating in the tournament have all players and support staff fully vaccinated. As the country continues to strive towards some sense of normalcy during this difficult period, we believe that the restart of contact sports, particularly football, will boost the morale of our citizens and recharge the passion we once had for this sport.”

De Four was elated to hear the news that a local league will be starting.

“We welcome the opportunity to restart,” De Four said.

De Four is hopeful “some point in time” all players vaccinated or not, will be allowed to play in local football leagues.

De Four said people will see new faces on the Cunupia FC squad. “We will have a lot of new players this year. A lot of new guys who have also been out of touch who probably not familiar with the league.”

The Ascension League will allow new talent in local football to develop, according to De Four.

“The league running is only one of the factors that affect the performance of the national team…I think it offers the opportunity to see additional new players who may have slipped through the cracks.”

Head coach of the national senior men’s football team Angus Eve is one of many clamouring for the resumption of local football. The Ascension tournament will be broadcasted live on SportsMax, a regional television network and streamed on the internet at https://theascensiontournament.com/ in over 20 countries.

The ten teams set to compete in the league are AC Port of Spain, Central FC, Cunupia FC, Central Soccer World, Defence Force FC, Deportivo PF, Malabar FC, Police FC, Real West Fort Utd and Terminix La Horquetta Rangers FC.

The organisers are hoping to reward the winner of the league with a prize of $100,000. The second-place finisher will earn $50,000 and the third-place team will walk away with $25,000.

The La Horquetta Recreation Grounds, Diego Martin Recreation Ground, Arima Velodrome and St James Barracks will be used for matches, along with other enclosed grounds to control who enters and leaves the venues.

Strict covid19 protocols will be followed during the tournament, including only allowing fully-vaccinated fans to attend.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2022, 06:44:03 PM »
why no south and central grounds are being used ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Army, Rangers in super Ascension clash
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2022, 04:33:23 PM »
Army, Rangers in super Ascension clash
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

POLICE FC will have some new faces when they kick off the 2022 version of the Ascension Invitational football tournament against Deportivo Point Fortin next Friday, March 25, at La Horquetta recreation ground.

Opening day takes the form of a double-header that will be carried regionally on the SportsMax television network and will also be aired live via the internet. Negotiations are also taking place to have the matches carried locally on TV6.

The opening match of the double-header will see a new-look Police FC taking on Point Fortin Deportivo from 6 pm. Two hours later, star-studded 2019 runners-up Terminix La Horquetta Rangers take defending Premier League champions Defence Force.

Ascension Invitational financier Richard Ferguson expressed relief to have finally gotten the tournament going after two years of football inactivity due to Covid-19 restrictions.

“It has been a long time coming,” Ferguson said. “The Minister of Sport has worked very, very hard and she is very committed to taking the sport forward.”

In addition to three of the top professional teams in Trinidad and Tobago, Defence Force F.C, Police F.C. and Terminix La Horquetta Rangers F C, Ascension Invitation 2022 will see two-time Pro League champions Central FC, AC Port of Spain, Malabar FC, Cunupia FC, Ron La Forrest’s Real West Forte United, Deportivo Point Fortin and Central Soccer World competing.

Participating clubs will vie for a $100,000 first prize. Second gets $50,000 and third will receive $25,000. The tournament will be played under “safe zone” conditions, with only vaccinated footballers, fans and officials allowed to enter the playing venue.

Tournament director Kieron Edwards told the Express that almost all is in place to begin the tournament.

“With two other tournaments also being approved, the Tiger Tank Under-20 and so on, all have to be played under safe zone conditions so there is a little juggling for the venues. But we should have the full fixtures out by Friday,” Edwards said.

The inaugural season of the Ascension Invitational Tournament took place in 2019. Defence Force F.C won the top division before going on to win the 2019/2020 Trinidad and Tobago Pro League. Terminix La Horquetta Rangers Football Club finished second in the Ascension Invitational Tournament 2019, second in the First Citizens Cup 2019 and second in the Pro League 2019/2020, while Police F.C. won the 2019 First Citizens Cup knockout tournament.

“Friday Night Live” double-headers will be played at La Horquetta and will be aired locally, regionally and internationally. Games will be combined with other forms of entertainment to reflect true “Trini culture”, inclusive of cheerleaders, dancers, rhythm sections, DJs and live performances which will also be showcased live on television.

Tickets are available at $20 for uncovered stands/grounds and $40 for covered stands. Tickets bought in advance will cost $10 less.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2022, 01:18:56 PM »
Ron relishes challenges with football's big guns.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Ron La Forest, former striker now turn football professor, is reveling at the prospect of the challenges before him at the Ascension Invitational Football League which gets going on Friday.

As the coach of new team, Real West Fort United, La Forest has the unenviable task of taking on some of the local football 'big guns' in the sport, such as Defence Force, Police and Terminix La Horquetta Rangers, among others.

Real West Fort will represent the constituency of Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley and according to La Forest, he is hoping that both club and prime minister will hold hands as they strive towards the eradication of crime in the area, provide avenues for many young people and return the community to the place of sanctuary for many, that it once was.

Real will open its account with a clash with Cunupia FC from 6 pm at the La Horquetta's Recreation Ground in Phase 2, La Horquetta. La Forest, who like many other clubs, had to stop their preparation more than two years ago because of the COVID-19 pandemic, told Guardian Media Sports that in spite of the short time to prepare, these are the kind of challenges he lives for.

"I like challenges so this is good for me, so it's up top me to mix and match them now and go forward and bear fruit. I love these challenges, the army, the Police, Terminix, these are the big ones.

"As a player, I used to enjoy playing against the big ones and that philosophy remained with me. I want to play against the big ones, so the timespan is short but I love the challenge.

"It wasn't really a challenge for me to prepare for the match because as a player you're supposed to be able to take care of yourself, get yourself fit, no trainer can get you fit. When you come to me, of course, I will add on the physical and technical skills but so far the players, the majority of them, feel good and looking good," La Forest explained.

His West Fort United will comprise a blend of youth and experienced players such as attacking midfielder Josimar Belgrave and Keron 'Ballpest' Cummings. Belgrave said at 35, his role this season will be to teach while he plays.  

The club's goal is to play in the T&T Pro League and be among the top football teams in the country.  

La Forest welcomes football after such a long time of inactivity and promises that given the opportunity to have sponsors at their side, it will be a magical time for the community of Diego Martin and surrounding areas, to look forward to in the future.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2022, 09:54:36 PM »
Good Luck!!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2022, 07:30:38 PM »
I watched a stream of AC PoS take on Central FC at the Barracks. Good thing is pre=season. They have a lot of work to do. Central has 2 players. the DaCosta twins. One came on the field and first touch was an easy tap in. The ACP LB tried to shield the ball and lost it and the ball went to DaCosta. His brother play in defence. Both of them may be about 6 feet. But our players kind of magga. They need the wight room badly. ACP has a mid fielder name Sedale McLean. The kid can kick the ball hard. Other than that, it was nice seeing a small crowd coming to support. Good Luck to them.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2022, 11:38:45 AM »
Cunupia FC, Police lead Ascension tourney after round one.
By Andrew Gioannetti (T&T Newsday).

T&T men’s beach soccer player Dominic McDougall, along with former national Under-20 midfielder Micah Lansiquot, defender Kaleb Douglas and Kevon Daniels, were all on target when Cunupia FC shot to the top of the Ascension Football League, following a 4-1 victory over Real West Fort FC in the opening round, on Friday.

At Phase II La Horquetta Recreation Ground, McDougall rounded off Cunupia’s scoring in first-half added time, after a flurry of early goals from Lansiquot (third minute), Douglas (11th) and Daniels (14th) put coach Michael De Four’s travelling team out of reach quickly out of reach.

Josiah Joseph scored Real West Fort’s consolation goal in the 61st minute. Meanwhile, Terminix La Horquetta FC hosted Defence Force and played to a 1-1 draw.

Justin Garcia scored for Defence Force in the 27th minute, before Tyrone Charles replied for La Horquetta in the 47th minute, moments after coming on as a substitute at the start of the second period.

On Saturday, Police FC defeated Deportivo PF 3-0 at the Arima Velodrome a day later to go joint top with Cunupia FC.

Central Soccer World was also victorious in the first round, beating Moruga FC 1-0 in the second fixture at the Arima Velodrome.

Central FC took on FC Port of Spain at the St James Police Barracks. Action ill resume with round two on Friday when Deportivo PF meets AC Port of Spain at at Phase II La Horquetta Recreation Ground at 6 pm. Rangers will meet Police FC at the same venue two hours later.

RELATED NEWS

Police FC, Central Soccer World start with victories.

T&T Police and Central Soccer World were both in winners row when the 2022 Ascension League of T&T continued with a double-header at the Arima Municipal Stadium, Arima, on Saturday night.

In the opener, the Lawmen got a goal each from Kareem “Scooby” Freitas, Kevin Lewis and Tyrese Bailey to blank Deportivo Point Fortin FC 3-0 while Central Soccer World edged Moruga FC 1-0 thanks to a second-minute strike from Jaikaran Moses.

Last night (Sunday, March 27), Central FC and AC Port-of-Spain faced off at the St James Police Training Barracks, Long Circular Road St James, from 5 pm.

On Friday in the opening double-header, Terminix La Horquetta Rangers held defending champions Defence Force to a 1-1 draw while Cunupia FC blasted Real West Fort FC 4-1.

The second instalment of the Ascension Invitational Football League features ten clubs in the Premier Division inclusive of Terminix La Horquetta Rangers, T&T Defence Force, T&T Police, Malabar FC, Central FC, Deportivo Pt Fortin, Central Soccer World, AC Port-of-Spain, Cunupia FC and Real West Fort FC.

The ten clubs will compete in two rounds of football which will comprise 18 match days and the winner will earn a $100,000 cash prize and trophy, second place $50,000, and third $25,000.

The additional venues to be used include the St James Police Barracks Grounds, St James; Diego Martin Sporting Complex, Diego Martin; Arima Municipal Stadium, Arima; and the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

The league was first held in 2019, as a pre-season event to the T&T Pro League season with record-domestic league champion Defence Force capturing the Division One crown and $125,000 top prize, while San Fernando Giants won Division Two and $100,000.

However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the competition was not held in 2020 or last year, with this year’s competition being staged with a budget of $3.5 million with $175,000 in prize money.

The venues to be used include the St James Police Barracks Grounds, St James; Diego Martin Sporting Complex, Diego Martin; Arima Municipal Stadium, Arima; and the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

The ten teams that are participating in the league are AC Port-of-Spain, Central FC, Cunupia FC, Central Soccer World, Defence Force FC, Deportivo PF, Malabar FC, Police FC, Real West Fort Utd and Terminix La Horquetta Rangers FC

According to Tournament Director, Keiron Edwards the six T&TFA regional associations inclusive of the Eastern Football Association (EFA), Central Football Association (CFA), Southern Football Association (SFA), Northern Football Association (NFA), Tobago Football Association (TFA), and the Eastern Counties Football Union (ECFU) as well the Women’s League Football (WoLF) will be sponsored by the Ascension organisers.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 12:00:29 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2022, 01:18:50 PM »
HIGHLIGHTS: La Horquetta Rangers vs Defence Force

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iXkyFhqbFaw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iXkyFhqbFaw</a>

HIGHLIGHTS: Cunupia FC vs Real West Fort United

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xnm2taykjpI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Xnm2taykjpI</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2022, 12:39:32 PM »
La Horquetta Rangers silence Police FC 4-2.
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian).

Host team Terminix La Horquetta Rangers shot to the top of the Ascension Football League on Friday night with an exciting 4-2 triumph over Police FC in front of their fans at the La Horquetta Recreation Ground, but previous leader Cunupia FC had the opportunity to retain their advantage on Saturday against Central FC at the Arima Velodrome.

After a 1-1 stalemate with defending champions and close rival Defence Force in their opening match last week, Rangers made amends with a classy display that left even their opponents in shocking admiration.

Yesterday, Police coach Richard Hood said Rangers were well organised and disciplined. They stuck to their game plan and they executed well, congrats to them.

Playing in the feature match of a doubleheader at the La Horquetta venue from 8 pm, former national striker Ataullah Guerra fired the easterners in front from the penalty spot in the 24th minute which sparked wild celebrations among the fans. However, the celebrations lasted just 16 minutes before Gabriel Nanton skilfully curled a freekick beyond Rangers' goalkeeper Jabari Brice in the 40th minute.

Both teams went to the half-time interval with the score levelled at one apiece but the level of fitness among the players decided the match thereafter.

Within the space of eight minutes, Rangers got goals from Junior Assoon in the 72nd, Kadeem Corbin in the 74th and Ross Russell Jr in the 76th to seal the win, despite an item from Mickel Gordon in the 90+4 minute for the Lawmen.

The win took Rangers to four points ahead of Cunupia FC who led with three points after their 4-1 victory over Real West Fort United, last week.

Hood said his team lacked movement in their build-up, thereby playing right into the hands of Rangers.

"Police did not execute well on their game plan. Another problem is that we have a lot of new young players who have not yet understood the Police style of football. However it is something that can be worked on at training," Hood explained.

Police will next meet Cunupia FC on April 10 at the St James Barracks.

Meanwhile, AC Port of Spain and Deportivo Point Fortin (PF) played to a 2-2 tie in the opening game. Mark Ramdeen (15th) and Akinola Gregory (55th) found the nets for the Point Fortin men but they were respectively cancelled out by items from Anthony Charles (43rd) and Kyle Bartholomew (67th).

AC Port of Spain have now drawn their two matches and looks forward to maximum points when they face Central Soccerworld.

Technical director Gilbert Bateau said: "We went wrong in a few areas in terms of closing down and playing the ball too long in one area of the field without moving it.

"One of the things is that the players don't trust their fitness level as a team and that is one of the biggest breakdowns because of the pandemic.

"It was a fitness factor because when the guys fitness level started to leave them, what we had was fragment running in the field of play, where they would play in spurts until they feel like their energy levels came back up.

"After we played Central FC we went back to the drawing board and started to work on the transition of play needing to be faster. We had two draws so hopefully within the week leading up to that game, the guys would focus on getting the job done."

Results

Rangers 4 (Ataullah Guerra 24th, Junior Assoon 72nd, Kadeem Corbin 74th, Ross Russell Jr 76th) vs Police 2 (Gabriel Nanton 37th, Mickel Gordon 90+4).

Deportivo PF 2 (Mark Ramdeen 15th, Akinola Gregory 55th) vs AC Port-of-Spain 2 (Anthony Charles 43rd, Kyle Bartholomew 67th)

Today's match

Real West Fort FC vs Moruga FC, St James Park Barracks, 5 pm.

RELATED NEWS

Cunupia notch second straight win in Ascension League.
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday).

CUNUPIA FC notched their second straight win in the Ascension Football League on Saturday, with a 3-1 result over Central FC in the first game of a second round double-header at the Arima Velodrome.

Veteran striker Kevon "Showtime" Woodley scored a hat-trick for Cunupia FC, who sit atop the ten-team table with six points.

In the other game on Saturday, former Trinidad and Tobago striker Jamille Boatswain netted twice as Defence Force cruised past Central Soccer World 2-0.

The weekend's round of matches began with a double-header at the La Horquetta Recreation Ground, Arima.

Terminix La Horquetta Rangers got items from Ataullah Guerra, Junior Assoon, Kadeem Corbin and Ross Russell jnr as they whipped Police 4-2. Gabriel Nanton and Mickel Gordon were the goal-getters for the lawmen.

In the latter contest on Friday, Deportivo Point Fortin and AC Port of Spain battled to a 2-2 draw. Mark Ramdeen and Akinola Gregory were on target for Deportivo Point Fortin, while Anthony Charles and Kyle Bartholomew got their names on the scoresheet for AC Port of Spain.

There was one game which was staged on Sunday at the Police Barracks, St James, with Real West Fort FC ekeing out a 1-0 win over Moruga FC.

Round Three action will take place from April 8-10.

Points Tally

1.Cunupia FC 6;
2.Rangers 4;
3.Defence Force 4;
4.Police 3;
5.Central Soccer World 3;
6.Real West Fort FC 3;
7.AC Port of Spain 2;
8.Central FC 1;
9.Deportivo Point Fortin 1;
10.Moruga FC 0.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2022, 05:07:38 PM »
Saw some good ball. Still have work to do. Fitness is one of the issues. Nice to see the supporters coming out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2022, 05:18:16 AM »
HIGHLIGHTS: La Horquetta Rangers vs Police FC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/y8hc12oqpf8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/y8hc12oqpf8</a>

HIGHLIGHTS: Deportivo PF vs AC Port of Spain

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Gjq8u84G8qk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Gjq8u84G8qk</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2022, 11:37:57 AM »
Why didn't Jabloteh play in this league? Are they out of football? Also, I saw a player by the name of Real Gill. A pretty decent short man. Never heard of him before. How old is he ? He remind me a bit of Keron Cummins

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2022, 12:28:54 PM »
Why didn't Jabloteh play in this league? Are they out of football? Also, I saw a player by the name of Real Gill. A pretty decent short man. Never heard of him before. How old is he ? He remind me a bit of Keron Cummins

I guess teams have their own reasons for not participating. Apart from Jabloteh, other notable absentees are W Connection, Morvant Caledonia, and Club Sando.

Real Gill is 19 years old and is a Jabloteh product, since at least U-13.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2022, 06:43:35 AM »

I guess teams have their own reasons for not participating. Apart from Jabloteh, other notable absentees are W Connection, Morvant Caledonia, and Club Sando.

Hope he don't get spoiled. Good yute man to work with. They have to do it now. After the next 2 years he will be set in his ways. Good luck yuteman. Thanks for the info.It have another yuteman called Sedale McLean. I think he is it point. Not sure. He is decent and has a hard shot.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Quamina: I will approach Moruga as any other game
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2022, 05:03:28 PM »
Quamina: I will approach Moruga as any other game
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

La Horquetta Rangers coach Dave Quamina will not be taking last-place Moruga FC lightly as his team will take a similar approach to the match as in any other in the Ascension Football League on Friday.

Second-placed Rangers will face Moruga in the feature match of a double-header at the Phase II La Horquetta Recreation Ground today at 8 pm and if they come away with the win, will assume the top position on the standings, providing the result of the opening match between Defence Force and Deportivo PF.

Both Rangers and Defence Force are on four points from a win and a draw.

Quamina told Guardian Media they will not change their game-plan for any other team, saying: “We will play our natural game. We will play our natural game, no game is an easy game because on the day itself you have to go out there and perform.

“It’s just that we have to go out there and play our natural game. We have to show our opponents respect, not because you’re at the bottom of the league you will go into the game saying that you won already, you must show the opponent respect.

“We’re not going to re-invent the wheel, it’s the same. Everybody knows how we do play. Everybody knows our team so everybody has a fair idea of how we play.

“There is no strategy in how we play so we will not try to change for the next team. We try to focus on our game which is entertaining football, so if our football is attacking football we will play attacking football, just our natural game.”

Rangers played to a goalless draw with giants Defence Force in their opening game of the tournament but later rebounded to a 4-2 triumph over AC Port of Spain at the same venue last weekend.

In the other match of the night, defending champion Defence Force will have a date with Deportivo FC at the same venue from 6 pm. The army/coast guard combination team is in the third position on the standing after a 2-0 triumph over Central Soccerworld at the Velodrome last weekend.

Coach Hutson Charles who had concerns over the team’s performance in the second half of the Central Soccerworld match, said they have sorted out their concerns in the last match and will be going after the win later.

MATCHES

Friday
Defence Force vs Deportivo PF, La Horquetta Recreation Ground, 6 pm
La Horquetta Rangers vs Moruga FC, La Horquetta Recreation Ground, 8 pm

Saturday
Central FC vs Real West Fort, Arima Velodrome, 5 pm
Central Soccerworld vs AC PoS, Arima Velodrome, 7 pm

Sunday
Police FC vs Cunupia FC, St James Barracks, 5 pm

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2022, 05:41:10 PM »
Central Soccer World 1 vs AC PoS. Going on currently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag0uwHzueao
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 05:43:26 PM by Deeks »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2022, 11:56:19 PM »
Rangers demolish Moruga FC 11-2 in Ascension League.
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

ISAIAH Lee scored a hat-trick to lead Terminix La Horquetta Rangers to a crushing victory over Moruga FC in the Ascension Football tournament at La Horquetta Recreation Grounds, on Friday.

Lee scored in the seventh minute, 39th minute and 57th minute to guide Rangers to a convincing 11-2 victory.

Also finding the back of the net for Rangers were captain Jamal Creighton (tenth), Junior Asson (18th, 45th+1), Akim Andrews (46th, 59th), Ataulla Guerra (71st) and Ross Russell Jnr (82nd).

Yahtham Henry scored an own goal for Moruga in the 60th minute.

Moruga showed more promise in the first half as after 30 minutes Rangers held on to a slim 3-2 lead.

Atiba Charles scored in the 17th minute and Jeremy Carter converted in the 30th minute for Moruga FC.

Rangers scored two more goals in the first half to take a 5-2 advantage at halftime, before a dominant performance in the second half gave the home team a comfortable win.

Rangers moved to the top of the standings after three matches.

In the earlier match at La Horquetta Recreation Grounds, Defence Force and Deportivo Pt Fortin played to a 1-1 draw.

On Saturday, a double header was held at Arima Velodrome. Central FC played Real West Fort FC and Central Soccer World battled AC Port of Spain.

On Sunday, Cunupia FC will be aiming for a victory against Police FC at the St James Police Barracks at 5 pm. Three points for Cunupia FC will see the unit return to the top of the standings.

RELATED NEWS

Lee nets beaver trick in Rangers’ 11-2 rout.

Isaiah Lee netted the first beaver trick of the Ascension Football League while Junior Assoon and Ross Russell Jr added a brace each as La Horquetta Rangers routed cellar-placed Moruga FC 11-2 in the feature match of a double-header at the Phase II La Horquetta Recreation Ground on Friday night.

With the win, Rangers moved to the top of the ten-team table with seven points from three matches, one ahead of Cunupia FC who meets Police FC at the St James Police Barracks Training Ground, Long Circular Road, St James, today (Sunday) from 5 pm while defending champions Defence Force sits in third with five points after a lacklustre 1-1 draw with Deportivo Point Fortin in Friday’s opening match.

In Friday’s feature match, the goals came fast and furious and from early on as Lee fired Rangers ahead in the sixth minute before captain Jamal Creighton made it 2-0 in the ninth minute off a feed from former national Under-20 standout Kadeem Corbin who had a hand in no fewer than four of his team’s goals on the night.

Moruga FC coached by former national women’s player Dernelle Mascall did show some fight early on and pulled a goal back in the 16th minute through Atiba Charles on a fast-break against the run of play before Assoon restored Rangers’ two-goal cushion at 3-1 a minute later.

However, some sloppy play with the ball at his feet by Rangers goalkeeper Jabari Brice gifted Moruga a second goal in the 30th minute via Jeremy Carter to reduce the deficit to 3-2 before Lee got a second in the 38th, and Assoon, likewise on the stroke of half-time for a commanding 5-2 advantage at the interval.

Within a minute of the restart, Lee completed his hattrick and in the 56th minute, he got his fourth item for a 7-2 scoreline while substitute Aikim Andrews (58th), Russell (59th and 82nd), and another substitute, Ataulla Guerra (71st) also got their name on the scoresheet.

In the other match of the night, Brent Sam headed Defence Force into the lead in the 11th minute with a free back-post header from a Hashim Arcia corner before Akinola Gregory got Deportivo Point Fortin level seven minutes later with a close-range effort that flew through the hands of goalkeeper Aaron Enill.

Last night (Saturday, April 9), at the Arima Municipal Stadium, Central FC came up against Real West Fort, and Central Soccer World played AC Port-of-Spain.

The ten clubs will compete in two rounds of football providing 18 match days for a winners prize of $100,000, while second place gets $50,000, and third $25,000. (NS)

The additional venues to be used include the Diego Martin Sporting Complex, Diego Martin, and the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

The league was first held in 2019, as a pre-season event for the T&T Pro League season with record-domestic league champion Defence Force capturing the Division One crown and $125,000 top prize, while San Fernando Giants won Division Two and $100,000.

However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the competition was not held in 2020 or last year, with this year’s competition being staged with a budget of $3.5 million with $175,000 in prize money.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 11:42:23 AM by Flex »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2022, 03:37:31 PM »
After 31 mins. Police 0 vs Cunupia 0  at the Police barracks. Nice crowd and nice rythm section.  So Central TT has W Connection, Cunupia, Central FC, Central Soccer World in the pro league. Times have changed. I think that is good indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsWzohTgKs8

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2022, 04:59:09 PM »
Police won 2-1. In a both entertaining and sometimes scrappy game. Keon Daniel scored for Cunupia. Still has that flashes of brilliance. It appeared to be a nice atmosphere. Kudos to the organisers.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2022, 04:49:28 PM »
HIGHLIGHTS: La Horquetta Rangers 11-2 Moruga FC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ATQzMT5GK10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ATQzMT5GK10</a>

HIGHLIGHTS: Deportivo Point Fortin 1-1 Defence Force

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rFnLfDyNyMI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rFnLfDyNyMI</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2022, 05:44:03 AM »

Prior to Jabloteh he was with Trendsetter Hawks, with whom he was handed the armband as a U-11.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 05:50:08 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2022, 01:05:41 PM »
Police FC keeps pressure on La Horquetta Rangers.
By Rachael Thompson-King (T&T Guardian).

Terminex La Horquetta Rangers came away with a hard-fought 4-2 win over Central Soccer World in the Ascension Invitation Football League on Friday night, in the second match of a second-round double-header at Phase 2 Recreation ground in La Horquetta.

Rangers had four different players find the net to keep their team at the top of the 10-team table with 10 points from four matches with three wins and a draw.

Khadeem Corbin opened the scoring in the 22nd minute to send the home team’s fans into a celebratory mood. However, Kemmuel Rivers cancelled out that goal, scoring 11 minutes later, to level the scores, 1-1 and it remained that way until the half-time whistle.

On the resumption, Rangers, coached by Dave Quamina, made several changes to their line-up which paid dividends as substitute Ataullah Guerra put his team ahead again in the 54th.

Three minutes later, Rangers thanks to Isaiah Lee, who was named “Player of the Week” at the end of the match, went up 3-1 and continued to push for more goals but Rivers had other plans.

He returned in the 79th minute to score his second goal of the match past goal-keeper Jabari St Hillaire and reduced Central Soccer World’s deficit to one, (3-2) but that was shortlived as another substitute Daniel David restored Rangers two-goal lead, a minute later and put the icing on the cake.

Rangers coach Quamina was pleased with the win and expressed his respect for the effort from Central Soccer World.

“Kudos to CSW team. They have very experienced players and a good coach. The plan was to win the game first which we did. It was a very intense game. They made us work extremely hard. I just want to ‘big up’ the staff and coach of the CSW team and I think they will go far in the league,” said Quamina in the post-match interview.

Earlier in the opening clash, Jabari Mitchell scored a double to lead Police past Real West Fort United, 4-0 to move into second place in the standing.

Rash challenges from the Real West Fort saw Police go to the penalty spot twice in two minutes. Gabriel Nanton completed the first in the 23rd minute and Mitchell in 26th to put the Lawmen up 2-0.

Central defender Kemron Purcell made it 3-0 off a set-piece which saw him head the ball past the Real West Fort custodian in the 43rd. The scores remained unchanged at the half.

Mitchell got his second item, seven minutes into the second half to give his Police team an even bigger lead (4-0) which they held on to when time expired.

Mitchell, who was later named “Player of the Match”, said: “A little more energy was required from me. I think I executed that tonight (Friday).

His coach Richard Hood added: “We were pressing the ball decently. I would have liked us getting more in transition. We won a lot of balls but we didn’t finish off the transition very well. Our organisation was really good. I was happy about that.”

RESULTS

POLICE 4 (3) (Gabriel Nanton 23rd pen, Jabari Mitchell 26th pen, 52nd, Kemron Purcell 43rd) vs REAL WEST FORT 0.

Player of the Match: Jabari Mitchell (Police)

TERMINEX RANGERS 4 (1) (Khadeem Corbin 22nd, Ataullah Guerra 54th, Isaiah Lee 57th, Daniel David 80th) vs CENTRAL SOCCER WORLD 2 (1) (Kemmuel Rivers 33rd, 79th)

Player of the Match: Daniel David (Rangers)

Player of the Week: Isaiah Lee (Rangers)

RELATED NEWS

Rangers remain top of Ascension League.

TERMINIX LA Horquetta Rangers remain top of the pack in the Ascension Football Tournament, after defeating Central Soccer World 4-2 in the second of back-to-back matches at the La Horquetta Recreation Ground, Arima on Friday, as Round Four action got going.

Rangers have a tally of ten points from four matches, one point ahead of Police, who trounced Real West Fort United 4-0 in the earlier encounter on Friday.

Kadeem Corbin, Ataullah Guerra, Isaiah Lee and Daniel David got their names on the scoresheet for Rangers, while Kemuel Rivers and Trinidad and Tobago striker Nicholas Dillon responded for Central Soccer World.

Gary Griffith III, son of former Police Commissioner Gary Griffith, made his debut for Real West Fort, but the lawmen stole the show, courtesy of a double from former TT midfielder Jabari Mitchell and one apiece from Gabriel Nanton and Kemron Purcell.

There were no matches at the Arima Velodrome on Saturday, due to the staging of the Easter Grand Prix cycling meet. Nevertheless, those scheduled games will take place on Monday, at the Velodrome, with the cellar-placed Moruga FC opposing Cunupia FC from 5 pm followed by a clash between Defence Force and AC Port of Spain two hours later.

On Sunday, at the Police Barracks in St James, Central FC will entertain Deportivo Point Fortin from 5 pm.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2022, 11:10:12 AM »
Kevon Woodley doubles up for Cunupia.
By Roger Seepersad (T&T Express).

Cunupia FC bounced back from their 2-1 loss against Police FC last week with an easy 2-0 victory over Moruga FC in the first match of the Ascension Football League double-header at Arima Velodrome yesterday.

Skipper Kevon Woodley, who was named Man-of-the-Match, scored both items for Cunupia as they moved level on points with Police FC with nine points with an identical goal difference.

Ahead of them are Terminix La Horquetta Rangers, who lead the pack on ten points.

Yesterday, Moruga started off positively with Reyon King Alleyne forcing Kadeem Graham into action with a good long-range shot aimed at the top corner.

But it was Cunupia that broke the deadlock in the 39th minute with Dominic Douglas collecting a throw-in and putting in a low cross to Woodley who found himself alone in the front of goal.

The Cunupia skipper buried his right-footed shot into the top corner beyond the Kerdeem Duncan in goal to give his team the lead heading into the half-time break.

Cunupia doubled their advantage nine minutes into the second period from the penalty spot and it was Woodley who stepped up to convert the spot kick, hitting the ball low to the left with Duncan getting to it but unable to keep it out.

AC Port of Spain were due to take on Defence Force in the second game at the Velodrome last night.

On Sunday, Deportivo Point Fortin got their first win of the tournament at the Police Barracks in St James, beating Central FC 2-0 with goals coming from Nathaniel Garcia and Luke Phillip.

Deportivo, who lost their opening game 3-0 against Police FC, had back-to-back draws against AC Port of Spain (2-2) and Defence Force (1-1) before notching a win in the only match scheduled for Easter Sunday.

Garcia opened the scoring for the Point Fortin team in the eighth minute as Luke Phillip’s cross into the box was cleared by the defender at the far post but only as far as Garcia, who ran right down the middle and unleashed a right-footed bullet that was low and just out of reach of the diving Kolapo Katibi in goal for Central FC.

A couple of minutes later, Central had a chance through Keasean St Rose but keeper Marvin Phillip was up to the task, keeping out the long-range effort. Keegan Faria also tried a shot from distance in the 15th minute but that didn’t trouble the experienced Phillip.

At the other end, Finice Thompson got a yellow card for a dangerous tackle on Akinola Gregory just outside the penalty area and Garcia stepped up to take the resulting free kick which was well read by Katibi who made an easy save.

Deportivo continued to press deep into the Central FC half, with Isaiah Hudson trying his luck from distance but his effort sailed high over the bar as Deportivo took their 1-0 lead into the half-time break.

Deportivo got their second goal in the 71st minute with Luke Phillip collecting a cross and putting his shot past Katibi to give the Point Fortin team a 2-0 advantage.

The margin of victory could have been a lot wider had Deportivo made good on all of their chances but Garcia said they were still pleased with the win and will be eying another three points when they face leaders Terminix La Horquetta Rangers in their next match.

“Very important win seeing as how we were a bit low on the table,” Garcia said after the victory.

“Getting these three points in my first game, it is an honour. Marvin (Phillip) is playing a big part in the team. He is the anchor man now. We have a good all-round team with youth and seniority. So, this was a great win for us and it will kick us forward to the next game against Rangers on a high and we will be going for another three points,” he added.

Meanwhile, Central FC coach Ross Russell said it wasn’t the type of performance he would have wanted from his team but appreciated the fight shown by his young squad.

“I think the performance was down and the energy level wasn’t there but I think the guys still fought. It is a work in progress and we have to start a lot better,” said Russell.

It was the second loss of the season for Central who now sit second from last on the ten-team standings on two points from four matches.

Deportivo PF are now up to fifth on the table with five points from four games while Rangers lead the pack with ten points.

Ascension League Results:

Yesterday

Moruga FC 0 vs Cunupia FC 2 (Kevon Woodley 39th, 54th, pen.)

Sunday

Deportivo Point Fortin 2 (Nathaniel Garcia 8th, Luke Phillip 71st) vs Central FC 0

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2022, 12:00:24 AM »
Woodley hat-trick hands Cunupia FC victory in Ascension League.
T&T Newsday Reports.

KEVON “Showtime” Woodley scored his second hat-trick of the tournament to lead his team Cunupia FC to a comprehensive 4-1 victory over AC Port of Spain in round five of the Ascension Football tournament played at the La Horquetta Ground, on Friday.

The red-hot “Showtime” dazzled his opponents for the entirety of the match with his first goal coming in the 19th minute from an unmarked header after a smart Kwasi Allen chip inside the box.

Woodley doubled the lead in the 38th minute after running on to a pass from former national midfielder Keon Daniel and letting loose a ferocious strike near post giving goalkeeper Regaleo Holder no chance.

AC`s midfielder Che Benny made the game interesting as he scored from a streaky free kick that somehow found the back of the net in the 54th minute to cut Cunupia’s lead in half.

Throughout the second half AC went searching for that elusive equalizer but the tournament`s leading scorer Woodley put the game to rest in the 84th when he volleyed home his third goal of the encounter and his ninth of the season. To rub salt in the wound of AC POS, Josiah Daniel tapped in his team`s fourth goal in stoppage time giving his namesake Keon Daniel his second assist of the night whilst sealing the 4-1 victory.

The home crowd of Terminix La Horquetta Rangers grew accustomed to celebrating multiple goals on a Friday from their team, but the matchup against Deportivo Point Fortin was keenly contested.

It took one moment of brilliance from Rangers striker Kadeem Corbin on the hour mark to separate the teams. Corbin was first to react from a failed defensive clearance and he slapped it past national goalkeeper Marvin Phillip for the lone goal and a 1-0 win for Rangers.

Rangers lead the standings with 13 points, followed by Cunupia with 12. On Saturday, Central Soccer World played Real West Fort Utd at 5 pm at Arima Velodrome. At the same venue from 7 pm, Defence Force tackled Central FC.

On Sunday, Moruga FC will face Police FC at the St James Police Barracks, from 5 pm. A victory by at least three goals for Police FC will see the unit move ahead of Cunupia in the standings.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2022, 01:27:06 PM »
Cunupia FC aim to make mark in Ascension Football League
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

CUNUPIA FC are aiming to make their mark in the 2022 Ascension Football tournament with an entertaining, fast-paced and attacking brand of football.

Cunupia FC have made an impressive start to the campaign and sit in second place in the standings.

Captain Kevon “Showtime” Woodley has been leading the charge for Cunupia FC.

The tall, imposing Woodley has already found the back of the net nine times this season which includes two hat-tricks.

In round five, Woodley’s hat-trick guided Cunupia FC to a 4-1 win over AC Port of Spain at La Horquetta Recreation Grounds, on Friday.

The Ascension League that recently kicked off is the first action in local football since the covid19 pandemic began in March 2020.

Crowds have been showing up to view the matches, especially on a Friday night at La Horquetta Grounds. Every Friday a double-header is played at the venue.

Cunupia FC are no stranger to success winning several titles in their 14-year existence.

The Ramsingh Sports World Central Football Association (CFA) FA trophy (2012 and 2014), Sanitank CFA League Cup (2013) and the CNG National Gas Company National Super League Championship Division (2016) are some of the titles Cunupia FC have claimed in their history.

“The team is coming along,” head coach Michael De Four said when Newsday visited a training session at Prime Minister’s Ground in Five Rivers.

De Four knows winning the Ascension title will be a tough task as the league is filled with quality teams.

“We are not a stand-alone team. We have other competitors and they have their challenges and aspirations and that’s the beauty of the game.

“We have some weak areas so we need to strengthen those…we would want to be able to keep compactness and concentration in attack and in defence…maintain the concentration throughout the 90 minutes and not get caught up in whatever is happening.”

Despite an impressive showing in the 2022 Ascension campaign, the team remain unsponsored and only rely on owners De Four and Navin Charles.

“I try my best and my partner (Charles),” De Four said.

De Four said to continue growing as a club sponsors are required.

“It is of paramount importance. Administratively you can expand when the finances (are there) in terms of having staff to do things.”

One of the areas De Four highlighted is the marketing of the club.

If the club could afford to market themselves regularly on social media and gain more followers, sponsors will be encouraged to jump on board.

Speaking about the players who he expects to lead from the front, De Four said, “My skipper Kevon Woodley, you have a (quality) midfielder Keon Daniel, we have some nice little players coming in…I feel my starting team is quite good.”

De Four was barking out instructions to his players during the training session, saying, “We need to run them to the ground.”

Speaking about his team’s fitness, the Cunupia head coach said, “Fitness is important to any team, but more importantly to us because we try to press high and you can’t press high if you’re not fit.

“We could play the game we want to play as the fitness improves which has not really been displayed as yet.”

Describing Cunupia FC’s brand of play, De Four said, “We play a fast-paced, attacking football…we don’t really sit back. We don’t play much of the counter (attacking football), we just press and try to move the ball as quick as possible. The football is entertaining because that is what you want to see and you want to see a good quality and players not making bad passes.”

Woodley is satisfied that his players are progressing.

“So far the team has been gelling (and) putting in the work in the training field,” Woodley said.

“I just want my team to keep focused. The instructions that the coach give us put it out in the training ground…we want to get the W (win), but we just want to play good football.

“There is no I in a team. We play together as a team, we attack together, we defend…we work for one another.”

Woodley is an experienced player who has been part of the TT beach soccer team for years.

Woodley said the younger players must stay focused in order to have success.

Highlighting some of the players who will be instrumental to the team’s run in the 2022 campaign, Woodley said, “The likes of Keon Daniel (has) good experience…Maestro Mensah is a good addition to the team.”

Former national player Trevin Caesar, Kadeem Graham and Kristian Maloney are also among the standout players at the club.

Daniel, who had two assists in the 4-1 victory over AC Port of Spain, is a former national men’s senior player.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2022, 06:14:44 PM »
Tallman, any info on what is TTFA  will be doing for club football when this league finishes in about 2 months ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2022, 06:20:08 AM »
Tallman, any info on what is TTFA  will be doing for club football when this league finishes in about 2 months ?

Not ah peep. Unless dey keeping it tight lipped, local football may yet come to a standstill after the Ascension League finishes.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2022, 12:43:29 PM »
HIGHLIGHTS: Cunupia FC 4-1 AC Port of Spain

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OL8GusDjSh0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OL8GusDjSh0</a>

HIGHLIGHTS: La Horquetta Rangers 1-0 Deportivo PF

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/J7mKpAWDgW4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/J7mKpAWDgW4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2022, 01:53:54 PM »
Moore nets treble as Defence Force whip Central FC.

TRINIDAD and Tobago winger Reon Moore netted a treble as Defence Force whipped Central FC 4-0 on Saturday, at the Arima Velodrome, in the second of back-to-back matches in the fifth round of the Ascension Tournament (also known as Ascension Football League).

With that result, Defence Force are in fourth spot with 11 points, trailing leaders Terminix La Horquetta Rangers (13), Cunupia FC and Police (12 apiece).

Moore got things going after two minutes of play, angling a right-footed effort to the left of goalkeeper Farqur Katibi, after he got a through-ball from central midfielder Justin Sadoo.

Striker Jamille Boatswain doubled Defence Force’s advantage in the eighth minute, slotting home from close range after excellent work down the left flank by Moore.

In the 13th, Moore netted the third goal for the Army-Coast Guard combination, heading home a corner from Jelani Felix.

Moore will complete his hat-trick in the 87th minute, with a right-footed blast to the right of Katibi, after a neat exchange between substitutes Kathon St Hillaire and Rivaldo Coryat.

In the earlier fixture at the Arima Velodrome, Real West Fort United defeated Central Soccer World 1-0.

On Sunday, at the Police Barracks in St James, hosts Police brushed aside the point-less Moruga FC 3-0.

Kadeem Hutchinson put the lawmen ahead in the 34th minute while, four minutes later, former T&T attacker Jabari Mitchell drilled home a low shot, from the edge of the penalty area.

And, in the 81st minute, Kemron Purcell headed home a cross from Mitchell to secure Police’s fourth win of the season.

On Friday, in a double-header at the La Horquetta Recreation Ground in Arima, Cunupia FC breezed past AC Port of Spain 4-1 and Rangers pipped Deportivo Point Fortin 1-0.

Points Standings – 1.Rangers 13; 2.Cunupia FC, Police 12; 4.Defence Force 11; 5.Real West Fort United 7; 6.Deportivo Point Fortin 5; 7.Central Soccer World 4; 8.AC Port of Spain 3; 9.Central FC 2; 10.Moruga FC 0.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 01:55:53 PM by Flex »

1]; } ?>