April 19, 2024, 05:04:50 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs St Vincent & the Grenadines Game (11-Aug-2019)  (Read 8591 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for T&T vs St Vincent & the Grenadines Game (11-Aug-2019)
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2019, 05:57:25 PM »
T&T Senior Men fall 1-0 to St Vincent.
TTFA Media.

Despite a valiant effort in the second half with ten men, a youthful Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men’s Team suffered a 1-0 defeat to St Vincent and the Grenadines in Sunday’s international friendly at the Chilli Playing field in Georgetown.

The hosts started brightly and took a 1-0 lead in the 4th minute when captain Chavel Cunningham put the ball past goalkeeper Adrian Foncette to the delight of the home fans. St Vincent controlled proceedings for much of the first half and were unfortunate not to extend their lead. T&T, captained by defender Daneil Cyrus, was reduced to ten men when Justin Garcia was red carded for a rash tackle moments before half time.
Forward Isaiah Lee had T&T’s best effort on goal in the 38th minute.

The second half saw St Vincent maintain the pressure on the visitors but also content with the one goal advantage. T&T substitute and debutant Aaron Lester had another close effort in the 68th. Head Coach Dennis Lawrence introduced another debut, 19-year-old midfielder John-Paul Rochford and Nathaniel Garcia midway through the second half as T&T tried desperately to get back into the match. Both players combined well and created some problems for the “Vincy Heat” but goalkeeper Dwayne Sandy would not be beaten on the evening.

Rochford played one in for second half substitute Kathon St Hillaire but his shot was pushed around the post for a corner by Sandy in the 70th. There were further chances for both teams in the closing stages with Cunningham turning two defenders in the area before firing inches over bar while Garcia saw a free kick go over bar and Rochford’s attempt was cleared off the line in the 90th.

The T&T squad returns home tonight and Lawrence will continue the build up towards upcoming CONCACAF Nations League matches away to Martinique on September 6 and at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva on September 9th.

T&T Starting XI: 22.Adrian Foncette, 5.Daneil Cyrus (capt), 15.Curtis Gonzales, 4.Justin Garcia, 16.Akeem Humphrey, 19. Isaiah Garcia, 7.Judah Garcia, 18.Isaiah Lee, 9.Reon Moore, 3.Jameel Neptune, 12.Jelani Felix.

Second half Subs – 23.Aaron Lester (45′), 20.John-Paul Rochford (70′), 17.Neil Benjamin Jr. (46′) , 10.Nathaniel Garcia (55′), 11.Kathon St Hillaire (62′), 2.Nicholas Thomas.

Unused Subs – 1.Marvin Phillip, 8.Jabari Mitchell, 6.Malik Mieres.

Head Coach: Dennis Lawrence

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2019, 06:02:53 PM »
DL fall for the bait. DJW took a player who scored the most important goal in TT football history, and is turning him into one of the worst coaches the national team has ever had.

Blame DJW for many things, but how is he "turning [DL] into one of the worst coaches the NT has ever had?

By giving DL a job that he is not ready for.  And saying that he is doing a good job. Remember DJW comments after the gold cup.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2019, 06:26:41 PM »
Well then he only responsible for the rope
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2019, 06:45:43 PM »
Disappointing that Mieres didn't get a look in. When you consider that and balance it against the presence of both Cyrus and Gonzales in this squad, it raises questions.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2019, 06:49:28 PM »
DL fall for the bait. DJW took a player who scored the most important goal in TT football history, and is turning him into one of the worst coaches the national team has ever had.

Blame DJW for many things, but how is he "turning [DL] into one of the worst coaches the NT has ever had?

By giving DL a job that he is not ready for.  And saying that he is doing a good job. Remember DJW comments after the gold cup.

Well, to be fair, DJW didn't want to give him the job originally ... for reasons that had nothing to do with his readiness to assume the responsibility. (Of course, his preferred choice is intimately part of this process).

Anybody feel Fenwick was going to lose as many matches and as unconvincingly as we have been witnessing?

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2019, 07:40:55 PM »
I understand that this game is an International Friendly.

What is our objective behind organizing this game? What are our expectations?

Is it that SVG is preparing for a tournament and looking to gauge their progress?

CONCACAF Nations League: SVG plays Nicaragua on September 5.
  Thank you.  :notworthy:

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2019, 09:33:37 PM »

Well, to be fair, DJW didn't want to give him the job originally ... for reasons that had nothing to do with his readiness to assume the responsibility. (Of course, his preferred choice is intimately part of this process).

Anybody feel Fenwick was going to lose as many matches and as unconvincingly as we have been witnessing?

not without loss of life...and he would do a better job scouting, selecting, and motivating the next generation of players
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2019, 10:02:18 AM »
Fan says "T&T football is collapsing as they lose 0-1 to St. Vincent and Grenadines, TTFA needs new Direction while the team needs a new head coach."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-qNtpqzUhBY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-qNtpqzUhBY</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2019, 10:24:57 AM »
Fan says "T&T football is collapsing as they lose 0-1 to St. Vincent and Grenadines, TTFA needs new Direction while the team needs a new head coach."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-qNtpqzUhBY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-qNtpqzUhBY</a>
i guess the dogs out in the yard and all was upset over that lost and was echoing the feller’s sentiment.TBH I thought dennis was the man for the job but apparently not. he had a good showing in the hex even though he only won two matches, but he was never severely out played in his losses and showed grit in his style of play, but after his performance in the gold cup and his selection policy including not capping ranjitsingh, I don’t believe he’ has a clue and is way over his head and now since that’s abundantly clear i think it’s time for lawrence to walk away, cut your losses coach the experiment is over, it didn’t work out.

BTW has anyone noticed that since DJW took over from timkee that the whole federation had been hexed? not one good showing by any team in all competitions, not concacaf champions league, not the women’s teams of all ages neither the men’s teams be it under 20-17- 15 or senior level, they all flopped under this man’s watch, what the hell went wrong?

and it was just brought to my attention that dennis only did well in the hex because he had sol Campbell helping out in defense, but once sol left the team struggled tremendously, i could actually buy that argument. but David John Williams and dennis lawrence please resign FFS already, and for the love of country.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 10:43:54 AM by pull stones »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2019, 10:29:44 AM »
We all know that Hart is the best one for the job. I expect him to drop the lawsuit when DJW is gone and he (Hart) is rehired. Hart will be able to give the developing players a sweat on HFX. Just what we'll need. Fellas dont kill meh for being too optimistic.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2019, 10:51:02 AM »
I really thought DL being on the outside would have amassed enough modern info and practices to take us further than SCF, who I don't rate at all and knew could not make this team competitive beyond CFU...but DL coaching d same TT football - slow, ponderous, disjointed. 20 years ago we had ah lil flash!! dat used to breed delusional comparisons to brazil, but now man can barely carry a ball, beat ah opponent or make ah 3 yard pass. d ad hoc environment dat produced d strike squad to 2001 generation is long dead, I don't consider d '06 team to be too individually gifted as a collective since d rot in we football player talent production was already well advanced by then, beenhakker simply forged ah workman like BUS to get us where we needed to go with critical aid from some lil magic. my point as we no longer have ah "street" ball environment dat help our ballers with "on the ball" stuff through repetition, our coaches were never really versed in the "off the ball" to begin with, so our football is deteriorating, because nothing has replaced the "street ball" element so it doh have nutten "in place" to "teach" basic shit like touch, control, movement and passing and we coaches sure as hell doh know how to teach\transfer it.

We need to go back to basics at all levels and with coaches dat know how to actually develop\fix players even at senior level.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 07:55:31 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2019, 10:51:24 AM »
We all know that Hart is the best one for the job. I expect him to drop the lawsuit when DJW is gone and he (Hart) is rehired. Hart will be able to give the developing players a sweat on HFX. Just what we'll need. Fellas dont kill meh for being too optimistic.
do you really expect hart to return here? that’s like returning to your vomit for a meal. hart has found gainful employment in a more stable environment and I doubt he will ever want anything to do with TT football again.

I believe once we get DJW out the way our football would pick back up under the alliance federation that’s challenging for the leadership of the federation. this DJW has made a fine mess of things and set us way way back, I hope he’s proud of his fat dumb self.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2019, 11:04:58 AM »
I really thought DL being on the outside would have amassed enough modern info and practices to take us further than SCF, who I don't rate at all and knew could not make this team competitive beyond CFU...but DL coaching d same TT football - slow, ponderous, disjointed. 20 years ago we had ah lil flash!! dat used to breed delusional comparisons to brazil, but now man can barely carry a ball, beat ah opponent or make ah 3 yard pass. d ad hoc environment dat produced d strike squad to '94 generation is long dead, I don't consider d '06 team to be too individually gifted as a collective since d rot in we football player talent production was already well advanced by then, beenhakker simply forged ah workman like BUS to get us where we needed to go with critical aid from some lil magic. my point as we no longer have ah "street" ball environment dat help our ballers with "on the ball" stuff through repetition, our coaches were never really versed in the "off the ball" to begin with, so our football is deteriorating, because nothing has replaced the "street ball" element so it doh have nutten "in place" to "teach" basic shit like touch, control, movement and passing and we coaches sure as hell doh know how to teach\transfer it.

We need to go back basics at all levels and with coaches dat know how to actually develop\fix players even at senior level.
i remember street ball with the two stones for goal post with the volley ball as a football. yes that was fun times especially in the rain, how I miss those days when I moved away as a boy. but that time was a different time which will never return not as long as there’s street crime and video games.

the children in trinidad today all have phones and access to all kind of nonsensical visual stimulation and is moving further away from sports, just look at the West Indies, our children don’t even understand the concept of breaking a window pane from a tennis ball full toss. the one thing we had going for us in the caribbean was athleticism, which is now lost to technology and criminality.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2019, 11:52:54 AM »
i remember street ball with the two stones for goal post with the volley ball as a football. yes that was fun times especially in the rain, how I miss those days when I moved away as a boy. but that time was a different time which will never return not as long as there’s street crime and video games.

the children in trinidad today all have phones and access to all kind of nonsensical visual stimulation and is moving further away from sports, just look at the West Indies, our children don’t even understand the concept of breaking a window pane from a tennis ball full toss. the one thing we had going for us in the caribbean was athleticism, which is now lost to technology and criminality.
made ah comment alluding to our kids becoming less athletic both in build and inclination since 1990 in another thread, was alluding to this.
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2019, 01:29:22 PM »
The puppets doing an excellent job with the sabotage

Just adds to TT not being a threat and our rankings dropping Low enough so we are not in the hex

I bet the dictator knew this was coming hence his rise to the top of local football

The competition is closing and with Suriname and curaçao coming up, the bigs don’t want that heat

TT has always been the big threat, now they are no longer that threat bc hart is gone, and our rankings are just where they need to be

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2019, 01:59:49 PM »
What I don't understand is why people in here surprised by the result. Where allyuh was in the last couple months? What is TnT record under DL? Did we beat Guyana at the GC? how many goals did we score in our last ten games?

Anyway ah waiting to see Denis Larence usual spin in the post match press conference

and I feel the same way today... given our current state in football no one should just expect us to beat Caribbean teams. In fact people should be surprised if we beat any team in this Concacaf league

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2019, 02:28:26 AM »
This is the lowest I can remember T&T, in ranking, in play, in future prospects, in governance and management

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2019, 03:39:46 AM »
This is the lowest I can remember T&T, in ranking, in play, in future prospects, in governance and management
Part of me feeling like we done. Done done. Like we had a few decades of optimism and moderate success, and now we back to level. We down here with Vincy and Andorra and them for the foreseeable future. Best we getting is a coach to make us a ugly, organized bus.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2019, 11:47:24 AM »
St Vincent coach: All T&T teams are losing, maybe the problem is administrative support—not Lawrence
Letters to the Editor  Wednesday 14 August 2019   

“Last time I checked, all your teams are losing—from male to female. Is it that all your coaches on the selected national teams are no good? [My] advice [is] look for the solution elsewhere…”

The following Letter to the Editor by St Vincent and the Grenadines coach Dale Mercury was posted on the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association’s Facebook page. SVG, ranked 176th in the world, beat the Soca Warriors 1-0 in Kingstown on Sunday 11 August 2019:

I always follow Concacaf football [and] I’ve been following T&T football. I need you guys to ask yourselves an honest question: is it the Senior Men’s coach’s [fault] why T&T is losing?

Last time I checked, all your teams are losing—from male to female. Is it that all your coaches on the selected national teams are no good? [My] advice [is] look for the solution elsewhere.

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines are not the team we used to be when you knew us. We took over the team six months ago; before that the team was losing [and] damaged. We came under a different administration who were willing to listen to us.

We’ve been training five days per week for the last few months. We met serious problems with the team [and] we’re still far off from our targets but we’re looking for solutions. [Without] support from administration, we can’t get anywhere near these targets.

A coach is as good as the support he has from top to bottom.

https://wired868.com/2019/08/14/st-vincent-coach-all-tt-teams-are-losing-maybe-the-problem-is-administrative-support-not-lawrence/

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2019, 12:43:22 PM »
Maybe the message will resonate and hit home coming from onlooker "outside" of our national football. I value his honest observation and feedback. The problem is our coach is blaming the lack of pro league football as the main reason.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2019, 12:48:36 PM »
Maybe the message will resonate and hit home coming from onlooker "outside" of our national football. I value his honest observation and feedback. The problem is our coach is blaming the lack of pro league football as the main reason.

But is it appropriate? Not so much.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2019, 01:01:47 PM »
Agreed!

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2019, 08:03:02 PM »
"Oh! What a tangled web we weave......................

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2019, 08:22:51 PM »
Agreed!

As much as DL is hammered for his record. His record speaks for itself. He is correct though. These guys are not playing local competitive football. They lucky this Ascension league giving them a sweat, or else is nada, nothing. Club football should be in full swing in TT. It is August. rainy season. That is WE football calendar. No wonder some guys going VietNam, India, Thailand,Iceland, Central America to play ball. There is very little local ball at the moment.
 The league starting in September. For how long? Then we expect DL to have them in shape in a 5 day session. I glad they playing. Let them get licks. They will learn that they are not what they think they are. They have to individually  do things(personal weight room, stamina drills, proper diet) on their own. The international game is faster than the local game. These guys have to step up. They are being left behind.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 09:41:19 PM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2019, 08:40:41 PM »
In this context, the national team coach of another nation has no business poking his opinion (informed or not), about the affairs and governance of another MA, into the public domain.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 08:42:16 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2019, 09:46:03 PM »
In this context, the national team coach of another nation has no business poking his opinion (informed or not), about the affairs and governance of another MA, into the public domain.

I know all of us are pissed off. But I really do not see what is the big deal about his opinion. His opinion will not determine the outcome of the Admin. changes or coaching changes.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2019, 10:18:52 PM »
Even St Vincent winin on we now. Another richly deserved low, and the bottom still nowhere in sight. 
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2019, 04:28:29 AM »

I know all of us are pissed off. But I really do not see what is the big deal about his opinion. His opinion will not determine the outcome of the Admin. changes or coaching changes.

"The following Letter to the Editor by St Vincent and the Grenadines coach Dale Mercury was posted on the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association’s Facebook page."

It's not clear to me how his comment on Facebook transformed into a Letter to the Editor, but they somehow piqued the interest of Wired 868 and then were branded as such. (Maybe the relevant poster from W/868 will weigh in for clarity.)

This guy (in his capacity as NT coach) went to the TTFA FB page to insinuate an opinion about a federation that is not his own ... on that federation's website! Dat ain't right.

Despite my concurrence with some of his content (I disagree with absolving our NT coach of responsibility), it must be stated that Mercury inappropriately touched the thermometer. It is not his place to be a barometer of this subject matter in this manner.

Who knows? Maybe his boss also thinks DJW is a horrible administrator. If so, I await the SVGFF's president's post to that effect on the TTFA's Facebook page! Maybe that will drive home my point.

Whether the coach's opinion has an impact or not is not relevant. Even if one agrees with the content, the form is out the window ... although, if we read between the lines, most certainly not out of the blue.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 07:19:32 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2019, 04:40:59 AM »
Even St Vincent winin on we now. Another richly deserved low, and the bottom still nowhere in sight.

Let dem wine. Thing is ... as a preparatory exercise the friendly was of more direct value to SVG than to TTO. SVG has fewer foreign-based players. Ultimately, when we compare what their squad versus Nicaragua looks like versus ours against Martinique, we'll see that our squad is the one with the marked difference. The friendly served differing ends for both nations.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2019, 06:27:55 PM »
Part of me feeling like we done. Done done. Like we had a few decades of optimism and moderate success, and now we back to level. We down here with Vincy and Andorra and them for the foreseeable future. Best we getting is a coach to make us a ugly, organized bus.

nah we not done, Organizationally and tactically, we can build sumting useful with what it have dey, dennis jus doh know how, and to an extent some TT football staples hadda disappear.
d deliberate separation of attack and defense. We need to start operating as a close unit whole game, apart from Bateau who in we defense can pass accurate and or carry a ball, as ah close unit we defenders life could be made easier since we can mitigate dey accuracy issues lil bit by being compact, thus offering shorter easier options to progress d ball, we have ah good holding mid in Kevan and two good ball carriers and passers in hyland and Molino to move d ball from deep,so we could quit all dat boom kick shit, d front three lil tricky but ah would definitely try Joevin inverted(on d right). Striker and Left wing, doh know, doh fancy garcia for this, not bright, not ah team player.....SSFL hero days too thick in he blood.
would also get us back to defending from d front, our best gold cup performances has come from defending\pressing aggressively from d front, press d passer, attack d pass, we have done it before with some ah these same players, we could do it again. play 4-3-3 on d ball, 4-5-1 low and ah 4-4-2 mid press

but most importantly do everything several ticks faster. press and counter

« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 08:20:14 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>