April 25, 2024, 01:05:29 AM

Author Topic: Kaile Auvray Thread.  (Read 1774 times)

Offline caribbeanscout

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Kaile Auvray Thread.
« on: January 26, 2021, 10:20:11 AM »
Kaile Auvray is a 2004 striker who plays for Lille u17 and has appeared in friendlies for both USA and France u17. His mom is from Trinidad and dad is from Guadeloupe.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 01:31:48 PM by Tallman »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kaile Auvray Thread.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 07:12:46 AM »
Who is Kaile Auvray? He plays in T&T or something?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kaile Auvray Thread
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 03:15:08 PM »

Mother is Trini. I think he born in France. I heard he practice with TT already. Angus wants him. Plays for some MLS team ?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 01:26:46 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 05:39:58 PM »

We talked about him two years ago on this same forum. He was born in France, and as Deeks said, his mother is ah Trini. He was in Lille's Academy and he has already played for USA's U-17 team. Last year he was with Minnesota United 2 and right now he is trying to win a deal at Sporting Kansas City where his father, Stephane Auvray, used to play.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 01:27:23 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 03:24:55 PM »
Scouting for talent: Eve eyes St Martin teen for Soca Warriors.
T&T Newsday Reports.

Apart from watching his players compete for the first time in over six months on Sunday, Trinidad and Tobago men's head coach Angus Eve was also scouting for talent at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

The Soca Warriors defeated Saint Martin 2-0 courtesy of goals from Kadeem Corbin and Real Gill, which proved to be an encouraging foundation for the Concacaf Nations League fixtures ahead.

St Martin fielded a mercurial young star in Kaïlé Auvray, son of their head coach Stephane Auvray, and he impressed both camps with a worthy performance. The 18-year-old showed immense skill, composure and surprising power as he unleashed a long-range strike from his left foot that cannoned off T&T's crossbar.

Born in France, the young talent has Trinidadian heritage with his mother being from T&T, which makes him eligible to play for the Warriors.

Eve was aware of his connection to T&T and had included him in his training camp last month.

“He’s Trinidadian! He trained with us last December and I told his dad that I wanted to see this group play. He then had the opportunity to play him against us so we got to see him play (competitively) and I’m very impressed with him.

“He picks up the ball, goes at players and goes past them. He’s 18 years old and we would have loved to have him in the under-20 squad if we had known about him before. He’s with (Sporting) Kansas City at the moment and we are in contact with him – he’s definitely one of the players on our radar (to bring into the national team squad).”

Kylie’s father also spoke about his involvement with the two nations stating, “(Having) trained with the same team that we played against, it was a good chance for the Trinidad head coach to see him play and see where he’s at.”

T&T’s Nations League match against the Bahamas will be on March 24 and the next fixture versus Nicaragua is scheduled for March 27.

On his own players, Eve said, “I thought that it was a good exercise for the guys. We played a very organised St Martin team and I think we looked very positive in defence and we got a lot of chances.

“We could have won by a little more but we’ll take the win because the team haven’t played for a long time, and the guys haven’t played competitive football for a while. So, I think, all-in-all, it was a good exercise for us.”

The Warriors coach then highlighted that preparations are being done ahead of the upcoming Concacaf Nations League matches. “Everything that we do now is geared towards those two matches. Whatever (performance) we put out on the pitch and whichever team we put out, they will always be in focus for those two matches.

“(Against St Martin), we had good ball retention. (Utilising) the ball when we had it wasn’t as good in the first half but in the second half, it was much better. We limited them and didn’t concede many shots that Marvin (Phillip) had to worry about – I think we did that really well.” Many fans on social media criticised the team for not scoring more goals against a non-traditional footballing nation that T&T should be greatly superior to. Eve addressed the low goal-scoring match by saying, “Getting the chances and creating opportunities are always good. I think we have a little more in the tank and we have some other players who can come in and score some more goals for us.

“But we still want this group (of players) to do well. We’ve been working with them for the past month and a half and I was really pleased. They weren’t as match fit as they should be, but I thought that we got them up to a very good standard (against St Martin).

“(It’s understandable that) they aren’t as sharp as they should be. Usually, Reon Moore finishes his chances. Real Gill got a gilt-edged opportunity that he would normally put away, but it’s good that he got a goal in the end.” Eve added, “In the first half, I think that the guys were a little timid. They haven’t played competitive football since the Ascension Tournament early last year. So, the staff and I analysed the performance in the first half and we increased the intensity in the second half.

“The organisation of the (St Martin) team was good. They have a number of players in the lower French leagues and they’ve actually been playing football. So, credit to us for standing up to them when we haven’t been playing (consistent) football.”

Auvray was delighted with St Martin's performance having matched up with one of the Caribbean’s top teams.

“We played a good game (before our substitutions). It was back and forth and I think we were pretty solid. But once we made the substitutions at half-time and early in the second half, our (performance) dropped and Trinidad became a lot better than us – and they were rewarded.

“But, overall, it was good because we showed that we have a strong starting eleven and we worked on a lot of things like possession buildup and I saw it (in the game). Now, we have to work on scoring goals.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2023, 05:52:23 AM »

We talked about him two years ago on this same forum. He was born in France, and as Deeks said, his mother is ah Trini. He was in Lille's Academy and he has already played for USA's U-17 team. Last year he was with Minnesota United 2 and right now he is trying to win a deal at Sporting Kansas City where his father, Stephane Auvray, used to play.

I magine angus said  he knew nothing of this player when he had the under 20  team. Auvery  was mentioned for this site for the past 2 years.  Angus  not scouting 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 01:27:04 PM by Tallman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kaile Auvray Thread.
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2023, 08:31:25 PM »

I magine angus said  he knew nothing of this player when he had the under 20  team. Auvery  was mentioned for this site for the past 2 years.  Angus  not scouting 

Sounds like Angus and Christopher Columbus have some things in common.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2023, 07:19:56 AM »
So he played with Molik Khan at Minnesota-2?
I guess back then he wasn't interested in playing for TnT cause there surely would/should/might have been a 'me-mum' moment?
If even he wouldn't have been able to play in the U-20 Championship in Honduras last year, but Molik would have mentioned this little French kid who is ah baller? I dunno.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2023, 01:19:45 AM »
Rising Soca Warrior star Auvray eager for Gold Cup Prelims.
T&T Newsday Reports.

In the aftermath of T&T’s crash-and-burn performance against Nicaragua in the Concacaf Nations League on Monday, budding T&T national Kaile Auvray believes that the Soca Warriors can still claim their place in this year’s Concacaf Gold Cup.

The T&T senior men’s team shared the spoils with their Central America opponents following a 1-1 draw at the Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet. Having trailed midway through the first half, Joevin Jones’ 42nd-minute penalty brought the Warriors level. However, they lacked the physical muscle and technical guile to defeat Nicaragua in front of a hopeful home crowd.

Marcus Joseph’s disallowed goal (for handball) in second-half stoppage time made the evening even more frustrating than it was as, ultimately, the draw meant that the Warriors remained second in the group – destroying their hopes of advancing to be among the “big boys” in the region.

Having been relegated from League A in the last Nations League campaign, winning the group would have seen the Warriors promoted from League B and back with the elite. TT’s failure to claim the top spot also meant that they would not earn automatic qualification for the 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup. Repeating the process from two years ago, they will now have to qualify through the preliminary stages. Additionally, the Warriors will also miss out on a chance to qualify for the 2024 Conmebol Copa America.

However, Auvray is adamant that he and his teammates can recover and successfully qualify for the Gold Cup through the preliminaries. Although he is only 18 years old, the silky winger is loaded with experience. He is currently the player with the most nationalities represented having played for Guadeloupe’s Under-15 team, the United States Under-17 team, France’s Under-17 team, St Martin’s senior team and now the T&T senior team.

Born in France, Auvray is eligible to represent the Soca Warriors through his Trinidadian mother. His father, Stephane Auvray, is a former footballer and now the head coach of St Martin – who coached against T&T boss Angus Eve in an international friendly two months ago. Auvray also has club experience with Lille (France) before moving to the United States to play for Minnesota United II and now Sporting Kansas City II.

T&T’s new acquisition was a part of Eve’s training camp last December before “auditioning” against the Warriors in the aforementioned friendly at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port-of-Spain. Inspired by world superstars like Eden Hazard and Neymar, he proved his value to the T&T national team by being one of the team’s top performers in the two Nations League matches against the Bahamas and Nicaragua, as well as in the two friendly matches versus Jamaica prior to the competitive fixtures. Unfortunately, his minutes on the pitch were stifled by Eve’s tactical substitutions, but the mercurial starlet has now shown the nation what he’s capable of.

In an interview with the TT Football Association (TTFA) Media, Auvray expressed, “(The past few days with the national team) has been a great experience for myself to continue building my footballing career. Being able to represent T&T is truly a privilege that I’m continuing to discover.

“I feel like I have matured a lot (since I joined the team) and my goal is to keep building on this so that I can (help to) bring better results for the team in the upcoming games.”

“Playing for T&T at home is truly something special when you’re playing for the country… this time (having previously played for Saint-Martin). I really enjoyed it; I love the fans! Within the team, there are a lot of veterans, so I am able to learn a lot from them and their experience.”

“(Against Nicaragua), I felt great. I felt like if each of us did what we would do in any game and continue improving our level, we could have won the game. Unfortunately, that’s not how it ended. But, that’s my mindset – to do what I do since I’ve been playing Under-12 (football), just at a higher intensity.”

Auvray then boldly and confidently claimed that the Warriors will still have a place in the tournament finals in mid-June.

When asked if T&T can qualify through the preliminary rounds and the playoffs, he responded, “Simple answer – absolutely!”

He added, “I think that we have to go back to our clubs and get back to work in order to be even more prepared for the upcoming (preliminary) games in June. (We must) keep in a rhythm.”

T&T will be joined by 11 countries in the Gold Cup Prelims, including League A dropouts Curacao and Grenada, as well as former T&T coach Jamal Shabaaz’s Guyana team.

Three teams from the Prelims will advance to the Gold Cup finals.

The official draw will take place in California, USA on April 14, where the teams will know their opponents. The first preliminary round is carded for June 16 and 17, and the playoff round will be played on June 20. Following the conclusion of the preliminaries, the tournament finals – hosted by the United States – will kick off on June 24 and end on July 16.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 01:26:41 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2023, 09:21:41 AM »
He good. I look forward to seeing him improve. With him, Levi, Telfer and maybe Molino creating we can cause some problems.
One thing is he does get hack down a lot. I hope he knows how to ride them tackles and protect himself.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2023, 07:54:03 AM »
Kaïlé Auvray on playing for Lille, France and US U17 and more!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zSVjGkEpTZk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zSVjGkEpTZk</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2023, 01:55:36 PM »
Trinidadian Auvray looking for instant impact at Mount Pleasant
By Rachid Parchment (Jamaica Observer)

Mount Pleasant Football Academy's newly signed Kaïlé Auvray will be looking to bring the experience of playing in different football environments to the team when the new Jamaica Premier League season kicks off next month.

Mount Pleasant signed the winger earlier this week, looking to add to their firepower for the upcoming season, as well as the Concacaf Caribbean Cup when they take part later next year.

Auvray, although only 19 years old, has played in Europe and North America in his club career and already has senior international football experience, having played for Trinidad and Tobago in two friendly matches against Jamaica in March.

These, he says, were where Mount Pleasant scouted him before making an offer for him. At this time, he was finishing up his contract at Sporting Kansas City II in Major League Soccer (MLS) Next Pro in the United States of America (USA).

"When I played with Trinidad in the two friendlies in Jamaica, it was my first time playing in front of the Jamaican public," Auvray told the Jamaica Observer. "It opened a few eyes and further created this link."

Auvray, born in Caen, France, also played for Lille II in that country, and Minnesota United 2 in MLS Next Pro. Internationally, he has also represented the USA at the Under-17 level having lived in that country since he was six years old. He also represented St Martin, where his Guadeloupian father, Stéphane, is the head coach. His Trinidadian mother, was supportive, like his father, of his move to Mount Pleasant.

"It was very positive because obviously, my family is happy to have me closer," he said. "If you want to look at track and field, and even now so with football, Jamaica takes a lot of value in its athletes, so I know that working hard, everything will be put in place. They take their athletes very seriously in this country."

But being in Jamaica by himself does not faze Auvray as he says he is used to travelling alone for football.

"Honestly, it's something I've done my whole life," he said. "When I was 13, I moved to Guadeloupe by myself for football in order to be in a French territory to have more chances to get to Europe. From that young age, I've had to go to different environments. When I was in France, I was also by myself so this is definitely nothing new. What's even better, being in Jamaica it's closer to home and honestly feels like home due to the proximity."

Auvray was enticed by Mount Pleasant not only because they are JPL champions, but he was also looking forward to working with former national player and Head Coach Theodore Whitmore.

"He's very known throughout the Caribbean," Auvray said. "I'm aware he's a former player for the national team, obviously, he was the national team coach, also. I've been working with him now for the past couple of days since I reached.

"I'm aware that Mount Pleasant are Premier League champions. That's something important, knowing that you're coming into a strong team. They also showed confidence in me through the communication and since I've been here, I really feel that there's a project that I want to be a part of."

Auvray is pleased with the facilities at Mount Pleasant.

"I find that the facilities are pretty good," he said. "You have fields, you have a proper gym. Everything is provided, the food. I find that the infrastructure is very good, especially for the Caribbean, also.

"So far, I've been settling very well. My teammates have been very welcoming. I'm getting along well with everybody, so praise God for that.

"I remember Sue-Lae [McCalla], who was the right back [in the game against Jamaica], and also Demario Phillips. I was happy to see a couple of familiar faces and be able to chat a bit about the games and exchange a bit about our different experiences and it was good.

"Now we're going to be teammates so there's no longer a rivalry."

Auvray says although he is looking forward to scoring and assisting numerous goals this season, the bigger picture for him is the team doing well.

"The target is to be as efficient as I can be, and to get on the scoresheet," he said. "Assisting is important to help a team, as a forward your goal is to score and get the assist but first and foremost, it's for the team to be successful, then individually to be successful through the team, not the other way around."

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2023, 05:57:01 AM »
A step backwards for Auvray. He is very talented. You mean no USL or a division 3 or 4 team in France at least?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2023, 06:25:03 AM »
very odd move i must say   was he getting games in sporting II nextgen  ?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 06:31:51 AM by Trini _2026 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2023, 10:44:09 AM »
Who is advising this kid?

This does not inspire confidence in his development.

Somebody please explain this move?  :thinking:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2023, 04:12:06 PM »
A step backwards for Auvray. He is very talented. You mean no USL or a division 3 or 4 team in France at least?

What would Granny say? Sometimes yuh hadda take a step back to make a step forward. Guessing the idea here is not to stand still.

Watch no face, Jamaica could be de poor man's Saudi Arabia of regional football  :) Dominican Republic doesn't seem to want to run with the ball.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2023, 01:02:27 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago footballer Auvray joins Jamaica champs.
By Ronel Walcott (T&T Newsday).

French-born Trinidad and Tobago international footballer Kaile Auvray has sealed a move from the Sporting Kansas City Academy to Jamaica Premier League (JPL) champs Mount Pleasant Football Academy.

The 19-year-old Auvray was born in Caen, France, but is eligible to represent T&T as his mother is Trinidadian. Auvray played for St Martin in a friendly match vs T&T on January 29, 2023, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo. He was swiftly drafted into coach Angus Eve's Soca Warriors setup after impressing with his dribbling ability and direct play in that friendly outing.

Auvray, who also represented the US at youth level, made his T&T debut in March as the Warriors took on their Caribbean rivals Jamaica in a pair of friendlies at the Catherine Hall Sports Complex in Montego Bay and the National Stadium in Kingston, Jamaica.

The diminutive Auvray primarily operates on the left flank and has already played nine matches for T&T. He was included in T&T's 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup squad and featured in all three matches. He played 84 minutes in T&T's lone win of the group stage – a 3-0 victory over St Kitts and Nevis. Auvray also started in T&T's 1-0 win over Curacao in the opening match of their 2023/24 Concacaf Nations League A campaign on September 7.

He is looking forward to the Mount Pleasant challenge and is eager to work with coach Theodore "Tappa" Whitmore, Jamaica's 1998 Fifa World Cup hero and former national coach.

"(Whitmore) is very known throughout the Caribbean," Auvray told the Jamaica Observer. "I'm aware he's a former player for the national team. Obviously, he was the national team coach also."

The teenager is also excited about the Mount Pleasant project.

"I'm aware that Mount Pleasant are Premier League champions. That's something important, knowing that you're coming into a strong team. They also showed confidence in me through the communication and since I've been here, I really feel that there's a project that I want to be a part of."

RELATED NEWS

T&T’s Kaile Auvray looking for instant impact at Mount Pleasant.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Mount Pleasant Football Academy’s newly signed Kaïlé Auvray will be looking to bring the experience of playing in different football environments to the team when the new Jamaica Premier League season kicks off next month according to the Jamaica Observer.

Mount Pleasant signed the winger earlier this week, looking to add to their firepower for the upcoming season, as well as the Concacaf Caribbean Cup when they take part later next year.

Auvray, although only 19 years old, has played in Europe and North America in his club career and already has senior international football experience, having played for T&T in two friendly matches against Jamaica in March.

These, he says, were where Mount Pleasant scouted him before making an offer for him. At this time, he was finishing up his contract at Sporting Kansas City II in Major League Soccer (MLS) Next Pro in the United States of America (USA).

“When I played with Trinidad in the two friendlies in Jamaica, it was my first time playing in front of the Jamaican public,” Auvray told the Jamaica Observer. “It opened a few eyes and further created this link.”

Auvray, born in Caen, France, also played for Lille II in that country, and Minnesota United 2 in MLS Next Pro. Internationally, he has also represented the USA at the Under-17 level having lived in that country since he was six years old. He also represented St Martin, where his Guadeloupian father, Stéphane, is the head coach. His Trinidadian mother, was supportive, like his father, of his move to Mount Pleasant.

“It was very positive because obviously, my family is happy to have me closer,” he said. “If you want to look at track and field, and even now so with football, Jamaica takes a lot of value in its athletes, so I know that working hard, everything will be put in place. They take their athletes very seriously in this country.”

But being in Jamaica by himself does not faze Auvray as he says he is used to travelling alone for football.

“Honestly, it’s something I’ve done my whole life,” he said. “When I was 13, I moved to Guadeloupe by myself for football in order to be in a French territory to have more chances to get to Europe. From that young age, I’ve had to go to different environments. When I was in France, I was also by myself so this is definitely nothing new. What’s even better, being in Jamaica it’s closer to home and honestly feels like home due to the proximity.”

Auvray was enticed by Mount Pleasant not only because they are JPL champions, but he was also looking forward to working with former national player and Head Coach Theodore Whitmore.

“He’s very known throughout the Caribbean,” Auvray said. “I’m aware he’s a former player for the national team, obviously, he was the national team coach, also. I’ve been working with him now for the past couple of days since I reached.

“I’m aware that Mount Pleasant are Premier League champions. That’s something important, knowing that you’re coming into a strong team. They also showed confidence in me through the communication and since I’ve been here, I really feel that there’s a project that I want to be a part of.”

Auvray is pleased with the facilities at Mount Pleasant.

“I find that the facilities are pretty good,” he said. “You have fields, you have a proper gym. Everything is provided, the food. I find that the infrastructure is very good, especially for the Caribbean, also.

“So far, I’ve been settling very well. My teammates have been very welcoming. I’m getting along well with everybody, so praise God for that.

“I remember Sue-Lae [McCalla], who was the right back [in the game against Jamaica], and also Demario Phillips. I was happy to see a couple of familiar faces and be able to chat a bit about the games and exchange a bit about our different experiences and it was good.

“Now we’re going to be teammates so there’s no longer a rivalry.”

Auvray says although he is looking forward to scoring and assisting numerous goals this season, the bigger picture for him is the team doing well.

“The target is to be as efficient as I can be, and to get on the scoresheet,” he said. “Assisting is important to help a team, as a forward your goal is to score and get the assist but first and foremost, it’s for the team to be successful, then individually to be successful through the team, not the other way around.”

« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 01:07:26 AM by Flex »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2023, 04:43:23 AM »
Nothing strange about this move.  Mount Pleasant just sent a player to Salernitana in Serie A, Annette Gardens just sent one to Ankaragucu in the Turkush Superlig.  Phoenix Academy recently sent a 18 yo Whisper Richards to Chelsea, Leon Bailey got his start there before moving to Belgium.  MT Pleasant is 3rd highest rank football club in the Caribbean and owned by Europeans.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2023, 08:49:01 AM »
@reggaefan, now that yuh say that, I sure that was a selling feature for Auvray.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2023, 09:04:11 AM »
I'm sure his dad gives great input / advice

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2023, 11:42:16 AM »
Mt. Pleasant is run by people who have European connections.
They also have firmer national coaches Theodore whitmore abd Warren Barret on their technical team.

It’s not often that you have players moving from Jamaica straight to Serie A

https://www.caribbeannationalweekly.com/sports/jamaican-footballer-trivante-stewart-signs-with-italian-serie-a-side-salernitana/

Russel Lattapy  and Leonson Lewis also played in Jamaica for PMU back in the day
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 11:49:31 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2023, 04:42:08 PM »
I'm sure his dad gives great input / advice

Ent.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2023, 05:43:10 AM »
Ah wonder how much he getting paid?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2023, 09:31:58 AM »
I checked Sporting-II before the last two games and never saw him on any game-roster.

I had to try and calm down ah man on IG by reminding him about Kaïlé's dad, and the solid guidance/advice he getting from him...also reminded him that a certain also-diminutive local legend fella, also played in Yard for a hot second before going to Portugal, back in the day
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2023, 01:52:36 PM »
Nathaniel james also ...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2023, 06:00:47 PM »
Warrior Profile: Kaïlé Auvray, 19, eager to improve
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

KAILE Auvray, 19, has quickly become a popular Soca Warrior. The diminutive attacking midfielder has skills and an understanding of the game beyond his years. His low centre of gravity and slippery style make him a nightmare for opposing defenders, and he already has the support of the T&T fans.

Auvray was born in Caen, France, and has lived in US, Guadeloupe and T&T, where his mother was born.

T&T got a good look at Auvray in January when the midfielder lined up for St Martin, coached by his father Stephane Auvray, against Soca Warriors at Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo. Auvray's father was born in Guadeloupe, but also spent part of his childhood in St Martin.

St Martin lost that match 2-0, but Auvray impressed everyone in attendance including T&T coach Angus Eve.

By March Auvray was representing T&T, making his debut in a friendly against Jamaica.

Growing up with a father as a professional player, from early on Auvray knew he wanted to be a footballer. "I always played football, from the age of five. I grew up around football because my dad was a former professional footballer himself, so I guess I was fully immersed from the youngest of ages, so naturally I began to play. I will say at the age of ten I definitely knew that this was the path that I wanted to go on."

Auvray said all his T&T team-mates have welcomed him to the team.

"The fellas welcomed me with open arms from the first day and they made things very easy for me."

He said brothers Alvin and Joevin Jones have really made the transition smoother for him. "I will mention guys like Joevin Jones, Alvin Jones. They really brought me into the group in the best of ways."

Auvray said despite feeling comfortable in T&T colours already, he wants to continue improving on the field. "As a player you never fully satisfied, because the most important thing is for there to be growth and just to learn from each game in order to improve for the next one. So never satisfied, but always working towards getting better and better, but I've heard good echoes so I am always happy for that."

The midfielder, who was a member of the Sporting Kansas City Club in the US, signed for Jamaica Premier League (JPL) champions Mt Pleasant recently. Fellow T&T international Nathaniel James, also 19, has signed with Mt Pleasant too.

Auvray believes the move to Jamaica will benefit him because of the physicality of the JPL. "Getting stronger physically (is what I need to work on) because I am still relatively lightweight, so I am trying to work physically and also get into the (18-yard) box more often."

Auvray has not scored for T&T yet in his nine caps, but has certainly looked dangerous attacking.

"We (Mt Pleasant) started training for the past two weeks or so. So far it has been pretty good. I have been working very hard as the approach here is very physical. This is what I have been trying to work on, so it is actually perfect and I am looking forward to helping the team once the league officially begins (in a few weeks)."

Auvray has played practice matches already with Mt Pleasant.

With James at Mt Pleasant, Auvray has adjusted to life in Jamaica.

"It is great because we have been in (national) camp together multiple times, so obviously we get along well. We are the same age...so it's cool."

The Soca Warriors are coming off back-to-back wins against Curacao (1-0) and El Salvador (3-2) in the Concacaf Nations League and are now preparing for a match against Guatemala at Hasely Crawford Stadium on October 13 at 9 pm.

"We know Guatemala is a tough opponent as we played them recently in a friendly. We are familiar with them and we've had a strong start, so it is very important to be able to put in a strong performance in order to stay ahead of the pack and hopefully a big crowd shows up, because we will need all the support we can get."

1]; } ?>