March 28, 2024, 03:39:31 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs St Vincent & the Grenadines Game (11-Aug-2019)  (Read 8473 times)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs St Vincent & the Grenadines Game (11-Aug-2019)
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2019, 09:18:08 PM »
Even St Vincent winin on we now. Another richly deserved low, and the bottom still nowhere in sight.

Let dem wine. Thing is ... as a preparatory exercise the friendly was of more direct value to SVG than to TTO. SVG has fewer foreign-based players. Ultimately, when we compare what their squad versus Nicaragua looks like versus ours against Martinique, we'll see that our squad is the one with the marked difference. The friendly served differing ends for both nations.

With eight plus uncapped players nobody expected a great victory. However we find ourselves in a position where a Vincy coach feels empowered to defecate on the head of the federation. Again, richly deserved, but does not bode well for the future. You pointed out that when T&T U-15s were moved to another group to facilitate Jamaica's absence it appeared officials didn't even bother to go through the proper channels. There is a certain loss of respect that negatively reflects , and can sow discord
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2019, 10:38:35 PM »
Winning will correct everything.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lessons from St. Vincent defeat
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2019, 05:14:35 AM »
Lessons from St. Vincent defeat
By Alvin Corneal (T&T Guardian)

One of the things which I have learnt from nu­mer­ous sports ex­perts is that the im­me­di­ate step to­wards im­prove­ment is the recog­nise the rea­son for de­feat.

Maybe this de­tailed study of Den­nis Lawrence’s planned route to­wards im­prove­ment should start from the pre-game ac­tiv­i­ty, the choice of play­ers avail­able for any match to be played, through to the even­tu­al re­sult.

I be­lieve that the foot­ball-lov­ing pub­lic will be com­fort­ed to hear the de­tails and the up­com­ing plan for the se­ri­ous chal­leng­ing com­pe­ti­tion which starts next month.

Be­cause our lo­cal me­dia did not al­low the op­por­tu­ni­ty to see the game via tele­vi­sion, any com­ments, good or bad on just the re­sult, will be shal­low and based up­on the usu­al “we foot­ball is in a mess” and would not serve any pur­pose.

Like many of those who were not present at the game or wit­nessed it from ex­quis­ite tech­nol­o­gy, I shall view this match in the fol­low­ing way.

The deep feel­ing of CON­CA­CAF Gold Cup fail­ure for many rea­sons would have brought to the coach’s mind, var­i­ous ad­just­ments to his team pre­pared for the Sep­tem­ber chal­lenge.

A de­tailed dis­cus­sion amidst the me­dia may re­veal the route from now.

As far as the de­feat by St Vin­cent and the Grenadines is con­cerned, usu­al­ly, the pre-game thoughts in­di­cate that the home team has a goal dif­fer­ence of two and that will prob­a­bly be the tar­get. They are ac­cus­tomed to their home ground, the ab­solute sup­port of their fans and a group filled with the de­sire of de­feat­ing a high­er-ranked coun­try in a friend­ly al­ways pro­vide good in­spi­ra­tion to any team or group in a con­test.

Coach Lawrence has a bunch of green­horns who are al­so very in­ex­pe­ri­enced and whose to­geth­er­ness in an in­ter­na­tion­al match is ner­vous­ness and op­po­nents who are un­known to them. Then, of course, the field which they have to as­sess dur­ing the match.

So we can­not make an as­sess­ment of the past when our club teams had de­feat­ed the St Vin­cent na­tion­al team.

One goal con­ced­ed in the first half was not sat­is­fac­to­ry, but giv­en the pre-game prepa­ra­tion, there may well have been in­equal­i­ty in the op­por­tu­ni­ties on the field.

The “send­ing off” of a T&T play­er would have al­so cre­at­ed se­ri­ous is­sues for the play­ers and es­pe­cial­ly the coach in ad­just­ing. Was it easy for coach Lawrence to make ad­just­ments which cor­rect­ed first-half mis­takes with the full team? And if he was suc­cess­ful, then he would im­me­di­ate­ly have to dig deep­er in­to a for­mu­la with a ten-man team on the field.

The sit­u­a­tion was a group of in­ex­pe­ri­enced play­ers, a team with one man short, and an away crowd sup­port­ing the home team, and in hind­sight, in­suf­fi­cient prepa­ra­tion be­fore the game.

There is suf­fi­cient time for full prepa­ra­tion for the up­com­ing com­pe­ti­tion. The TTFA ad­min­is­tra­tion, who de­serve blame for the pres­ence of con­stant in­ad­e­qua­cies of our on-field foot­ball, now have the op­por­tu­ni­ty to bring some form of san­i­ty and com­fort for coach Lawrence to con­tin­ue to work with the lo­cal play­ers in a dili­gent fash­ion and work with them as though for­eign play­ers are un­avail­able or avail­able for the tour­na­ment.

Nu­mer­ous lo­cal friend­lies and team camps for four days in each week and the com­fort of rest, good meals, many black­board ses­sions with the team and dis­cus­sions about the style of play of their op­po­nents, through video ses­sions and prac­ti­cal ex­pe­ri­ences wher­ev­er nec­es­sary, are need­ed.

Give the coach and his play­ers the en­vi­ron­ment which would bring progress. Un­til then, cool it, please.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2019, 12:14:36 AM »
St Vincent coach: All T&T teams are losing, maybe the problem is administrative support—not Lawrence.
Wired868.com.

Last time I checked, all your teams are losing—from male to female. Is it that all your coaches on the selected national teams are no good? [My] advice [is] look for the solution elsewhere…”

The following Letter to the Editor by St Vincent and the Grenadines coach Dale Mercury was posted on the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association’s Facebook page. SVG, ranked 176th in the world, beat the Soca Warriors 1-0 in Kingstown on Sunday 11 August 2019:

I always follow Concacaf football [and] I’ve been following T&T football. I need you guys to ask yourselves an honest question: is it the Senior Men’s coach’s [fault] why T&T is losing?

Last time I checked, all your teams are losing—from male to female. Is it that all your coaches on the selected national teams are no good? [My] advice [is] look for the solution elsewhere.

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines are not the team we used to be when you knew us. We took over the team six months ago; before that the team was losing [and] damaged. We came under a different administration who were willing to listen to us.

We’ve been training five days per week for the last few months. We met serious problems with the team [and] we’re still far off from our targets but we’re looking for solutions. [Without] support from administration, we can’t get anywhere near these targets.

A coach is as good as the support he has from top to bottom.

Editor’s Note: At present, the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Senior Team are on a nine match winless streak and have not won a football match since a 2-0 triumph against the United Arab Emirates on 6 September 2018.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>