March 28, 2024, 10:23:00 AM

Author Topic: Fire Dennis Lawrence Thread.  (Read 59472 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Dennis Lawrence Thread.
« Reply #300 on: July 06, 2019, 10:51:06 PM »
I don’t understand why he has isolated boatswain, that lad had some potential and looked dangerous every time he plays yet he sticks with one dimensional winchester and Nathan Lewis who in all his competitive starts can’t find a single goal. he has all but ignored Greg Ranjitsingh who I’m sure is much better than the two goats we have, when will he give the lad a shot? it’s things like this that infuriates me about dennis lawrence.

Dan now I know fuh sure you on shit!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

wait I now see this......boatswain was mostly useless outside his comfort read PFL....what I remember of boatswain, was standing yards offside like ah deer in the headlights on every attack we had and frustrating d hell out d team...was ah WCQ game against costa rica annoying AF
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 11:26:52 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 07, 2019, 07:52:40 AM »
I don’t understand why he has isolated boatswain, that lad had some potential and looked dangerous every time he plays yet he sticks with one dimensional winchester and Nathan Lewis who in all his competitive starts can’t find a single goal. he has all but ignored Greg Ranjitsingh who I’m sure is much better than the two goats we have, when will he give the lad a shot? it’s things like this that infuriates me about dennis lawrence.

wait I now see this......boatswain was mostly useless outside his comfort read PFL....what I remember of boatswain, was standing yards offside like ah deer in the headlights on every attack we had and frustrating d hell out d team...was ah WCQ game against costa rica annoying AF
nah mate I disagree.  boatswain is very frustrating to watch but the guy has a presence and he has managed to do what most forwards we had in the recent past has failed to do and that’s put himself about.

Watch winchester Caesar and plaza, these players are gone missing every time they play and you could barely tell we have forwards in a game, but boatswain is quite visible and though he’s offside most of the time ala stern john..........he finds himself in positions to receive the ball. Afrom my point of view boatswain is still young and given time with a good manager who could teach him to time his runs and stay on side, he could be a dangerous asset for us.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 07, 2019, 11:18:05 AM »

nah mate I disagree.  boatswain is very frustrating to watch but the guy has a presence and he has managed to do what most forwards we had in the recent past has failed to do and that’s put himself about.

Watch winchester Caesar and plaza, these players are gone missing every time they play and you could barely tell we have forwards in a game, but boatswain is quite visible and though he’s offside most of the time ala stern john..........he finds himself in positions to receive the ball. Afrom my point of view boatswain is still young and given time with a good manager who could teach him to time his runs and stay on side, he could be a dangerous asset for us.

Stern couldn't read d line or lacked d concentration to continuously check d line....boatswain would STAND 3-4 yards offside apparently unaware of what it meant to be offside. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 07, 2019, 12:10:19 PM »

Stern couldn't read d line or lacked d concentration to continuously check d line....boatswain would STAND 3-4 yards offside apparently unaware of what it meant to be offside. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

So lefty, what would you do as a coach of a good player with poor positioning and interpretation of the play in offside situations? Send him to the executioner? Toss him out as the baby with de bathwater?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 07, 2019, 01:14:17 PM »
By the way, I know there is a general consensus that the Warriors delivered a brilliant production versus Costa Rica in Costa Rica (and I concede that there were positive passages of play), but I don't concur with the "wow" factor felt by many.

We lost the game in the FIRST minute under eminently avoidable circumstances.

In case anybody needs reminding, this is the team that day. Boatswain leading the line because KJ was injured. J.Jones, Molino and Lewis. Curtis Gonzales and Arcia (George and Hyland were spectators). Back 4 was M. Williams, Bateau, Cyrus and David. Jan in goal.

That means 7 players in the match featured during the GC.

Cracks in tactics and organization were already in evidence that day.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 05:24:22 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 07, 2019, 01:25:07 PM »

So lefty, what would you do as a coach of a good player with poor positioning and interpretation of the play in offside situations? Send him to the executioner? Toss him out as the baby with de bathwater?

come now seeker, of course u would seek to do the remedial work.....but doesn't it strike you as odd dat ah player....even with pro league seasoning...cannot recognize offside by two body lengths so consistently ::) and during build up to boot....remember he had quite a few CA trials failed and contract non-renewals, don't you feel that corrective measures would have been attempted then too. My feeling is dat like Levi, the level of our club\SSFL football hid deficiency behind incompetence and dereliction and that for many of our players that situation lasted way too long, jus sayin. In we football talent is "relative" in d worst way possible right now.

I have said it once and I will say it again, we should swallow we false pride and take ah page out ah USA playbook, practice to do d simple tings well, then practice to do d simple tings "fast fast" ;) :D and when we get dat dong, move on from dey......we have always been somewhat delusional about we level as it relates to football.

lemme ask yuh, 5 players in this era with decent and consistent touch and pass completion
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 07, 2019, 01:27:23 PM »
copy and paste seeker ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 07, 2019, 05:26:57 PM »

Yeah boi, after a few failed attempts at posting ah had to make sure I wasn't on the road to a new rewrite. Literally lost sleep in the process.

Re: Boatswain

It might just have been enthusiasm to impact the match. He was gehhin a sweat he didn't expect to get.

Despite the frustrations, I agree with pullstones that he offered enterprise that was rarely evident in the form he delivered. We didn't have a like for like replacement for Kenwyne, so one would imagine that the attacking dynamics of that match changed immensely when KJ couldn't start. (Certainly the other consequence of KJ being a spectator is that we lost a presence on defending aerial balls played into the box.)

Which raises the question: does Arcia have a vertical jump of even 2 inches?

Ah see Dennis has apologised for Molino defending a 6 footer, then maybe he should apologise for whatever defensive assignment he assigned Arcia on defending corners ... because that was an epic fail!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 05:44:41 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 07, 2019, 06:03:56 PM »

Yeah boi, after a few failed attempts at posting ah had to make sure I wasn't on the road to a new rewrite. Literally lost sleep in the process.

Re: Boatswain

It might just have been enthusiasm to impact the match. He was gehhin a sweat he didn't expect to get.

Despite the frustrations, I agree with pullstones that he offered enterprise that was rarely evident in the form he delivered. We didn't have a like for like replacement for Kenwyne, so one would imagine that the attacking dynamics of that match changed immensely when KJ couldn't start. (Certainly the other consequence of KJ being a spectator is that we lost a presence on defending aerial balls played into the box.)

Which raises the question: does Arcia have a vertical jump of even 2 inches?

Ah see Dennis has apologised for Molino defending a 6 footer, then maybe he should apologise for whatever defensive assignment he assigned Arcia on defending corners ... because that was an epic fail!

well maybe I was delirious with rage from all dem unforced offside but dais all I could recall about his game
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 15, 2019, 05:03:23 PM »
Sol is available. ;D

@lefty, watch the movement of Quintero off that Molino pass ... not just exquisitely timed, but refined movement. Yuh favourite player would have gone galloping on a straight line. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 05:36:08 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 15, 2019, 06:49:41 PM »
Sol is available. ;D

@lefty, watch the movement of Quintero off that Molino pass ... not just exquisitely timed, but refined movement. Yuh favourite player would have gone galloping on a straight line. 

running diagonally across d blind side of d backline is standard operating procedure for good modern mobile strikers these days (aguero/aubamayang), even more static target man does take up a more angular position to get room when d opposition holding ah good line and yes d positioning was good and d pass exquisite on dat goal :applause: molino
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 06:53:47 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 06, 2019, 04:47:24 PM »
Respect to DL. But he need to the right thing and hand in his resignation.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2019, 05:38:27 AM »
When?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 12, 2019, 12:10:34 PM »
Remember er that tv spin off series of breaking bad titled CALL SOL? Well can somebody call sol?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Replace DL fast!
« Reply #314 on: September 12, 2019, 02:36:21 PM »
DL is talking about inferior players,tell him to take a look at India,I have been following the Asian qualifying matches for the WC and India is getting some very good results.Their latest a few days ago was a 0-0 draw against Asian Champions Qatar,in Qatar to boot.I'll bet India's best players can't make a TT national team,but DL is indicating that he doesn't have good players,India was also without their 2 best players Sunil Chetri their star striker and  a midfielder.India's football is getting steadily better all because of a foreign coach,Igor Stimac,now that is what we must do,go find a Croatian or some other European coach.Our players are heading to India and they know why.The last time we played India we easily beat them,it won't be a walk in the park if we play them now.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Replace DL fast!
« Reply #315 on: September 12, 2019, 03:13:29 PM »
we don't have to go so far to find out our status..Latas and Jamal licking deh chops all now
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 06:00:11 PM by maxg »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Replace DL fast!
« Reply #316 on: September 12, 2019, 08:18:19 PM »
You sure Marcus joseph is scoring king across there after how many months of being inactive..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 13, 2019, 06:12:00 AM »

This is the current state of T&T football

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrinbago/posts/126916485321203

1]; } ?>