April 19, 2024, 04:51:43 AM

Author Topic: 2022/23 Concacaf Nations League Thread  (Read 36318 times)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2022/23 Concacaf Nations League Thread
« Reply #540 on: April 03, 2024, 08:25:07 AM »
The most successful team in the world has long been associated with samba, a music genre that is generally less aggressive that soca.

A rebranding may be necessary. But it should be on the tail of a complete overhaul of the approach to football.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 03, 2024, 08:34:21 AM »
@Zandolie yuh kind of missing the point. Brazil nickname is not the "Samba boys, or Samba warriors".

You're 100% right on the rebranding and complete overhaul. We need a brand that is exciting, causes fear and something that is known. It's 18 years since Germany, and still many of them commentators calling we "Socca Warriors", thinking that "Soca" is a corruption of the word Soccer. That's embarrassing.

Soca has not achieved the international recognition like Reggae. Still decades away. Time for a new name, new brand. . New mentality.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 03, 2024, 12:08:16 PM »
Thanks for the list Maxg. Does Stars and Stripes make you fear the US. Friggin NO!!!!! We fear them because they better than we. The outjump we. The stronger and they run faster. But when we prepare properly, we does buss they arse. Like the game in Couva, and the game at HC stadium a month ago. I say we name we team Jack Spanyah. Allyuh ever play around a jep nest full Jack Spanyah

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 03, 2024, 01:07:38 PM »
gawd on pitchis the first person to have posted his feelings about the nam "Soca Warriors",I feel if our supporters take a closer look they will eventually think of rebranding.Following Jamaica was wrong we are smarter than that,the nation should be involved in choosing a name,a name that stirs our emotions.I can recall when we qualified for 2006 everyone at work thought Soca Warriors was meant to mean Soccer Warriors,I explained what it meant but they never heard Soca music.If in England people didn't know I imagine nowhere in Europe would know,maybe in Venezuela would know.Credit to g o p for starting post for a name change,

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 03, 2024, 03:10:29 PM »
@Frico, these guys don't get it.

Soca Warriors as a brand is dead. Its a lame and corny. Whoever chose that name might not have realized that Soca is only popular in the Caribbean.

Real talk, time to change the name. Soca Warriors sounds like a "try harder". It's a weak brand. They shouldve talked to a branding expert to come up with something stronger. Not choose something that follows Jamaica. @ Frico, they will rebrand if Jamaica does. And I don't see Jamaica doing that because Brand Jamaica is doing a damn good job impacting the psyche of the next generation of athletes.

These responses to keep the name is no surprise. TT society revolves around 2days of party. Everything in TT is somehow connected to Carnival. I think that needs to change to if we want to see the results in football and Track. Right now I think TT will only win medals in Carnival and Soca. I know some of alyuh go be vex. But think about what I saying. Sometimes we need to question the things we value and make the changes we need for progression.

So we can keep going with the Socca Warriors. Almost 20 years and we still being called Socca Warriors. Embarrassing 😳
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 03:12:22 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 04, 2024, 01:18:22 PM »
What is the latest with the NC and the new TTFA, if anyone knows?

And seeing that this is the Nations League thread, can anyone more knowledgeable than myself explain to me what a perennially-overweight Neveal Hackshaw adds to the team, that a normal-weighted player doesn’t?
Living abroad, there may be info!insights that I’m not privy to?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 05, 2024, 10:22:14 AM »
He is captain at his club, and he plays regularly. What more yuh want? Sprinting? Nah man

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 05, 2024, 10:39:49 AM »
@Zandolie yuh kind of missing the point. Brazil nickname is not the "Samba boys, or Samba warriors".

You're 100% right on the rebranding and complete overhaul. We need a brand that is exciting, causes fear and something that is known. It's 18 years since Germany, and still many of them commentators calling we "Socca Warriors", thinking that "Soca" is a corruption of the word Soccer. That's embarrassing.

Soca has not achieved the international recognition like Reggae. Still decades away. Time for a new name, new brand. . New mentality.

Pitch, not really missing the point. I said they were associated with samba. If they called the samba boys or anything else it would have made no difference to their game whatsoever.  Brazil at its best created a joy that filled stadiums and made other teams want to play them. They were not aggressive, but they were extremely competent. And other teams loved to play them.

Maybe I'm just talking 'old man' talk. But the rebranding is the sexy part...but it follows on the heels of grueling, thankless toil by people you will never hear about.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 05, 2024, 10:57:37 AM »
I say we name we team Jack Spanyah. Allyuh ever play around a jep nest full Jack Spanyah

Lol

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 06, 2024, 10:27:56 AM »
@peong,  :D

I hear yuh bredda...we are the only "footballing" country in the world where a player like him can sneak onto the field in such a crucial match, and after we LOSE, some fans focus is on changing the nick name of the team?

Kalvin Phillips and Pep probably said WTF when they see him run on the field...I know when I saw him in the tunnel, I said, "well dais it right dey, we lorse.".

But yeah leh we get ah new name for the team...I won't even bother to post a link of the nick names for all CONCACAF teams.

So yeah we were beaten by the Canucks/The Reds who move on to play The White and Sky Blue...both nicknames -- on their own -- causes teams to quake in their boots :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 10:49:48 AM by Fyzoman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>