March 28, 2024, 07:36:50 AM

Author Topic: Thread for Venezuela vs T&T (14-Oct-2019)  (Read 12189 times)

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for Venezuela vs T&T (14-Oct-2019)
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2019, 10:50:51 AM »
Sorry but that 2nd goal is total utter crap from Foncette. I honestly do not know what to say about out goal keeping situation at this. We tbh I do not know what to say about the entire situation. This is incredibly sad to literally watch our national team sink into the abyss and there is very little we can do about it.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2019, 10:58:56 AM »
Sorry but that 2nd goal is total utter crap from Foncette. I honestly do not know what to say about out goal keeping situation at this. We tbh I do not know what to say about the entire situation. This is incredibly sad to literally watch our national team sink into the abyss and there is very little we can do about it.

So Marvin-esque was the goal that I momentarily forgot that Foncette was the GK.

If I am Ranjitsingh or Frenderup or miscellaneous, I would be encouraged.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2019, 01:05:48 PM »

So Marvin-esque was the goal that I momentarily forgot that Foncette was the GK.

Conversely they can also feel discouraged by not getting selected while they're seeing this madness go on.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2019, 01:06:45 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago's 2-0 loss to Venezuela

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QB7pgZZg9X8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QB7pgZZg9X8</a>
target practice for venezuela at best, in fact why are we playing friendlies with a local crop? these guys can’t beat nobody.

I think it’s a good waste of time and going forward all our friendlies should be first team players so they could iron out whatever kinks they may need to work on and create cohesion, but these useless friendlies are only damaging our fifa rankings.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2019, 01:13:56 PM »

Conversely they can also feel discouraged by not getting selected while they're seeing this madness go on.
listen mate i’ve been crying out about this since 2018 when marvin phillip found his way back on the team, and if you look at the last 5 goals we have conceded in this nation’s league so far 4 of those goals were quite savable including the two soft goals vs honduras.

these two goals vs Venezuela was also quit savable, our goal keepers are playing in an SSFL league yet for some reason unknown to many our coach believes that they are better than an MLS goal keeper who’s won many cups and awards for his goal keeping ability and is known for keeping clean sheets, but I guess dennis knows best.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2019, 01:38:20 PM »
WATCH: What is going on with Trinidad and Tobago football? Are the players unmotivated?
question, don’t these players have player insurance in the event of injury or death on the pitch while on international duty? at least I would like to think so. the only unmotivating factor that comes to mind would be that the players are not happy with the pay package the federation boss or the coach,

and i sensed that when DJW came in as boss and coach.......... because even under Steven hart’s stewardship a lot of players including jan micheal williams jovin and kenwin jones we’re not happy with his presidency to the point where player performance started on a downward spiral losing out on the gold cup, the copa centenual, and even in the hex they started losing quite frequently. it actually seem like the players were on silent strike to this very day.

my only hope is that if they’re on strike, at least unstrike and win this game in honduras on thursday because dennis and DJW would be gone next month but the show goes on which would include no gold cup and no hex. and I could only hope that they’re on strike because no team could be so horrendous as this present national team.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 01:43:15 PM by pull stones »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2019, 02:18:47 PM »
WATCH: What is going on with Trinidad and Tobago football? Are the players unmotivated?
JMW quietly cosigning in the comments.
i was looking for it but could not find it, what’s his handle (Instagram title)?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2019, 02:35:12 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QB7pgZZg9X8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QB7pgZZg9X8</a>
its so easy to score on us i swear. all you have to do is counter attack on the flanks and beat the first defender with ball movement and put in a cross or a pass in the box. these guys are terrible defending going backwards. just look at our defensive shape it’s all over the place, and these teams who play us all know that all they have to do is put numbers in the box and at least two attackers would turn up unmarked and free to score.

do our coaches past and present even look at tapes of past games and observe this obvious flaw? even more pressing is the question.......... do they even work on their defending in practice? because I believe when ever we assemble for games the team should spend every day working on our transition from offense to defense because that’s where our weakness lies.

many hours should be spend running plays over and over with the offense attacking the defenders in a transitional counter attack situation in order to keep shape and awareness of our defenders and it would also give the attackers a chance to run some of their offensive plays.........that’s if they have any under these dunce coaches.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2019, 06:14:03 PM »
JMW quietly cosigning in the comments.
i was looking for it but could not find it, what’s his handle (Instagram title)?
janmichael21 🌴🌳🌿👀🌴🌳

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2019, 06:37:41 PM »
As mentioned

its so easy to score on us i swear. all you have to do is counter attack on the flanks and beat the first defender with ball movement and put in a cross or a pass in the box. these guys are terrible defending going backwards. just look at our defensive shape it’s all over the place, and these teams who play us all know that all they have to do is put numbers in the box and at least two attackers would turn up unmarked and free to score.

do our coaches past and present even look at tapes of past games and observe this obvious flaw? even more pressing is the question.......... do they even work on their defending in practice? because I believe when ever we assemble for games the team should spend every day working on our transition from offense to defense because that’s where our weakness lies.

many hours should be spend running plays over and over with the offense attacking the defenders in a transitional counter attack situation in order to keep shape and awareness of our defenders and it would also give the attackers a chance to run some of their offensive plays.........that’s if they have any under these dunce coaches.

Dennis don't even have ah solid structure, formation changes can be situational at times but team shapes are normally set Dennis seems solidly in try ah ting mode, all this time pass we can't even settle on team shape even if is a couple 
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2019, 03:15:42 AM »
I think it’s a good waste of time and going forward all our friendlies should be first team players so they could iron out whatever kinks they may need to work on and create cohesion, but these useless friendlies are only damaging our fifa rankings.

How can that be. How can friendlies be useless? We are  disappointed with the performances. Whether  we like Lawrence or not, these guys, need to play as much international  as possible. Damaging our fifa rankings ? Are you kidding ? 

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2019, 12:04:50 PM »

How can that be. How can friendlies be useless? We are  disappointed with the performances. Whether  we like Lawrence or not, these guys, need to play as much international  as possible. Damaging our fifa rankings ? Are you kidding ?
where have you been mate? from here on in fifa rankings determine whether we make it to the hex or not or if our players are eligible to play in the english leagues, not these inferior leagues scattered about indo china where most of our players are finding themselves for one season at a time.

ATM our players lack quality because they’re finding themselves playing in India and thailand where the playing level is lower or slightly on par with what we have in trinidad. when our lads were in England Scotland and Wales they were at least fit enough to play international football, but have you ever wondered why most of our goals are conceded in the 2nd half, could fitness be the catalyst for both mental and physical fatigue that plague these boys every single game?

and as far as international friendlies are concerned, deeks I’m very surprised at you. why would you waste a fifa window opportunity to play an all local team when you could engage your first team into getting more playing time together to work on the things that needs to be resolved?

have you ever wondered why you don’t see an english or an argentinian B team playing on a fifa window, or playing a bunch of away games or why sometimes these teams opt for a lower ranking teams to have target practice with?

these teams do that because one......they cannot risk losing that’s why they try to play as much home games as possible, and when they do play away games they choose inferior lower ranking teams, that’s because fifa ranking are essential to the teams they draw in their group for euro or World Cup qualifying, it’s only us who don’t understand how very important fifa rankings are, that’s why we are now being drawn in tougher groups, come on mate I’m surprised i had to go through all this explanations when you should know better.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2019, 01:38:54 AM »

where have you been mate? from here on in fifa rankings determine whether we make it to the hex or not or if our players are eligible to play in the english leagues, not these inferior leagues scattered about indo china where most of our players are finding themselves for one season at a time.

ATM our players lack quality because they’re finding themselves playing in India and thailand where the playing level is lower or slightly on par with what we have in trinidad. when our lads were in England Scotland and Wales they were at least fit enough to play international football, but have you ever wondered why most of our goals are conceded in the 2nd half, could fitness be the catalyst for both mental and physical fatigue that plague these boys every single game?

and as far as international friendlies are concerned, deeks I’m very surprised at you. why would you waste a fifa window opportunity to play an all local team when you could engage your first team into getting more playing time together to work on the things that needs to be resolved?

have you ever wondered why you don’t see an english or an argentinian B team playing on a fifa window, or playing a bunch of away games or why sometimes these teams opt for a lower ranking teams to have target practice with?

these teams do that because one......they cannot risk losing that’s why they try to play as much home games as possible, and when they do play away games they choose inferior lower ranking teams, that’s because fifa ranking are essential to the teams they draw in their group for euro or World Cup qualifying, it’s only us who don’t understand how very important fifa rankings are, that’s why we are now being drawn in tougher groups, come on mate I’m surprised i had to go through all this explanations when you should know better.

Dude, our fifa ranking was damaged goods way before we went into this nations league bull crap. You don't need to explain fifa rankings to me.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2019, 02:14:17 AM »
I don't give 2 hoots about what you feel about stereotypes that's a part of life if you can't deal with it you need to move to another planet .

K Molino is probably the only name you can call on that list while he does have a little bit of physical and athletic ability because he come from the Hispanic people he inherited some of that Latin flair so he is technically good as well.

When S Hart took over the team he put K Molino on the bench because he is not his type of player he was going with D Roberts and the kid from Tobago I believe his name was Daniels or something like that he was trying to play his English football but when his back was against the wall and he was loosing he finally took Molino off the bench and when he took over the midfield he had no choice but to play him after that.

Good, so you should have no problem with being stereotyped as an idiot. (Have you re-read the genetics nonsense you just posted about Molino? Wow!)

Essentially your contention is that Hart selected Keon Daniel over Molino because Keon is big, strong and black? 
 :rotfl:  :rotfl: :rotfl:  Or should that be bigger, blacker, stronger?

(You need to come up to speed on Keon Daniel)

If I were you, I would stay away from this line of reasoning in any setting other than polite company.

Alright, let's cut to the chase and see whose feelings actually get hurt. M Woo Ling is no Judah Garcia and is not currently anywhere near serious consideration for the NT and a consummate pro like De Silva shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Woo Ling. Show some respect. In any event, the  factors that have impeded De Silva from consolidating an international place at senior team level are decidedly different from those that are keeping Woo Ling out of the conversation entirely. Maybe he should move to Iceland and find out if he can hang in that league.

Meanwhile, explain this to me, since Molino was the antidote why didn't Hart play Molino versus Messi and Argentina (when neither Daniel nor Roberts was there)? Bearing in mind that Molino had already met the starting whistle under SH by this match. His Latin flair kept him on the bench? Or was it something else?

Dude I don't care about your silly emotions I am just stating the facts and the facts are TT football was built off of the English system the Canadian system was built off of the English system which is power strength fitness physical and athletic ability in TT that translate to a big strong black bloke so just get over it.

K Daniel use to really stink up the place when ever he played for TT no sense having a player who was only good at free kicks.

A Guerra and K Molino both came out of the Hispanic people so they both inherited some of that latin flair at that they were both on the same level.

I don't care who is better my point is once TT keep hiring coach's like J Shabazz S Hart and D Lawrence our better technical players like S DE Silva M W Ling and J Garcia would not get a fair chance and if you can't see that you are just as bad as they are.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2019, 03:16:30 AM »
I don't give 2 hoots about what you feel about stereotypes that's a part of life if you can't deal with it you need to move to another planet .

K Molino is probably the only name you can call on that list while he does have a little bit of physical and athletic ability because he come from the Hispanic people he inherited some of that Latin flair so he is technically good as well.

When S Hart took over the team he put K Molino on the bench because he is not his type of player he was going with D Roberts and the kid from Tobago I believe his name was Daniels or something like that he was trying to play his English football but when his back was against the wall and he was loosing he finally took Molino off the bench and when he took over the midfield he had no choice but to play him after that.

Good, so you should have no problem with being stereotyped as an idiot. (Have you re-read the genetics nonsense you just posted about Molino? Wow!)

Essentially your contention is that Hart selected Keon Daniel over Molino because Keon is big, strong and black? 

If I were you, I would stay away from this line of reasoning in any setting other than polite company.

Alright, let's cut to the chase and see whose feelings actually get hurt. M Woo Ling is no Judah Garcia and is not currently anywhere near serious consideration for the NT and a consummate pro like De Silva shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Woo Ling. Show some respect. In any event, the  factors that have impeded De Silva from consolidating an international place at senior team level are decidedly different from those that are keeping Woo Ling out of the conversation entirely. Maybe he should move to Iceland and find out if he can hang in that league.

Meanwhile, explain this to me, since Molino was the antidote why didn't Hart play Molino versus Messi and Argentina (when neither Daniel nor Roberts was there)? Bearing in mind that Molino had already met the starting whistle under SH by this match. His Latin flair kept him on the bench? Or was it something else?

Dude I don't care about your silly emotions I am just stating the facts and the facts are TT football was built off of the English system the Canadian system was built off of the English system which is power strength fitness physical and athletic ability in TT that translate to a big strong black bloke so just get over it.

K Daniel use to really stink up the place when ever he played for TT no sense having a player who was only good at free kicks.

A Guerra and K Molino both came out of the Hispanic people so they both inherited some of that latin flair at that they were both on the same level.

I don't care who is better my point is once TT keep hiring coach's like J Shabazz S Hart and D Lawrence our better technical players like S DE Silva M W Ling and J Garcia would not get a fair chance and if you can't see that you are just as bad as they are.
goes to show how close you followed this team. for you benefit keon danial scored more goals than guerra and molino put together, in fact every time we needed a goal to clinch a win in important games keon came through for us, he was a real go too guy. as for black and strong, when keon came to the team under maturana he was a mare 150 lbs. it was only when he went to philly he filled out.

in all honesty i missed keon for his goal scoring ability, he may not have been the best defender on the flanks but the bloke had it. it's too bad he went loco and could not continue with the team, but he was one heck of a players.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2019, 04:56:56 AM »

I now read this through. Really dude? You cyah be serious! So Leroy was great because he had a spanish last name ? So what about Archie or Bertrand Neptune, Dwight Yorke, Ian Bain, Stern John ? Come nah man. You better than dat.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2019, 05:09:48 AM »

I now read this through. Really dude? You cyah be serious! So Leroy was great because he had a spanish last name ? So what about Archie or Bertrand Neptune, Dwight Yorke, Ian Bain, Stern John ? Come nah man. You better than dat.

Thank you.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2019, 05:15:00 AM »

Actually he isn't.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2019, 05:17:23 AM »
Keon's goal scoring record is a return of 13 goals in 58 matches.

Nineteen (19) of those matches were friendlies. He only scored two of those goals in friendlies ... which is to say he scored 11 goals in qualification efforts ... 11 goals in 39 matches that really mattered.

Stinking up the place, huh? :)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2019, 05:25:25 AM »

goes to show how close you followed this team. for you benefit keon danial scored more goals than guerra and molino put together, in fact every time we needed a goal to clinch a win in important games keon came through for us, he was a real go too guy. as for black and strong, when keon came to the team under maturana he was a mare 150 lbs. it was only when he went to philly he filled out.

in all honesty i missed keon for his goal scoring ability, he may not have been the best defender on the flanks but the bloke had it. it's too bad he went loco and could not continue with the team, but he was one heck of a players.

Even in Europe right now, Keon is NOT ah player who is bulked up. Lean.

It's really interesting to read @ffisback because he makes a lot of assertions (KD was only good at free kicks etc.) ...and the irony of the whole thing is ... Keon is actually a technical player ... the sort of player ffisback thinks has been excluded historically.

During the period that KD was an active international, the assertion regarding his total vis-à-vis Molino and Guerra combined, maybe about equal. I will place that in Tallman's hands to troubleshoot. Guerra doesn't have a remarkable goal scoring tally at NT level. However, not lost in the comparison has to be that KD begins from a deeper starting position on the pitch.

And yes, in stinking up de place he did score clutch goals.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 05:38:58 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2019, 09:07:43 AM »
During the period that KD was an active international, the assertion regarding his total vis-à-vis Molino and Guerra combined, maybe about equal. I will place that in Tallman's hands to troubleshoot. Guerra doesn't have a remarkable goal scoring tally at NT level. However, not lost in the comparison has to be that KD begins from a deeper starting position on the pitch.

Kevin Molino: 20 goals, 50 caps
Keon Daniel: 14 goals, 59 caps
Ataulla Guerra: 7 goals, 43 caps

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2019, 09:38:45 AM »

1. What I want/ed you to confirm is how many goals Molino has scored since Keon played his last international. I think he's scored 16 goals in that period and Guerra 5 during the same time frame. That being the case, pullstones' assertion would be correct (KD outscored KM and AG combined).

14 > (4+1) during Daniel's tenure is what we have?

(Of course Molino has had injuries that have restricted his overall tally and Guerra absences.)

2. Is it fair to say that other players who took the baton from KD have not been as goal prolific?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 09:46:49 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2019, 10:20:40 AM »
Keon was skillfull with good first touch.To me he played well against the Caribbean opposition. But when it come to the big games, he was not "explosive". But he was a pretty decent player.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2019, 02:31:56 PM »
Most of the people and coach's in TT like players like K Daniel K Cummings etc they like them English footballers who are good dead ball specialist but that's all they can do these have a easy path to the NT look at how hard players like S De Silva M W Ling and J Garcia have to get on the NT .

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2019, 02:35:06 PM »

I feel vindicated !!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2019, 03:10:00 PM »

I feel vindicated !!

Context is lost on you. 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2019, 05:39:50 PM »

1. What I want/ed you to confirm is how many goals Molino has scored since Keon played his last international. I think he's scored 16 goals in that period and Guerra 5 during the same time frame. That being the case, pullstones' assertion would be correct (KD outscored KM and AG combined).

Keon Daniel's last International match was against Mexico on July 20th 2013. Since then, Kevin Molino has scored 17 goals in 31 games, and Ataulla Guerra has scored 5 goals in 21 games.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2019, 06:20:15 PM »

Keon Daniel's last International match was against Mexico on July 20th 2013. Since then, Kevin Molino has scored 17 goals in 31 games, and Ataulla Guerra has scored 5 goals in 21 games.
Wow these stats bring this argument to light it took K Daniel 59 games to score 14 goals in 6 years Ataulla Guerra scored 5 goals in 21 games in 6 years had he played the same amount of games as K Daniel he could have surpass K Daniel and K Molino scored 17 goals in 31 games in 6  years had he played the same amount games as K Daniel he would more than double the amount of goals that K Daniel scored in the same period that's mind boggling :o.

1]; } ?>