March 29, 2024, 07:41:26 AM

Author Topic: Nick DeLeon hoping to add T&T on his list of proudest moments.  (Read 8984 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Nick DeLeon hoping to add T&T on his list of proudest moments.
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2016, 02:25:25 PM »
aaapps, soun like "Bleeder v 2.1.1"

Nah, no disrespect to Bleeder but the skill sets are very different

Sounds about right. Full upgrade, feature release and a bug fix  ;D :beermug:
:D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2016, 04:18:39 PM »
Cato and Peltier out T&T's next game, would be nice to see DeLeon and Bostock replace them.

Cato have a small injury and Peltier apparently have some family issues?

I saw DeLeon also, he should ask to be moved back to right wing and up on top, the defensive role didn't take him, or maybe he will improve as games go on.

But I like his constant movement, something T&T needs on its team.

Do we know that to be absolutely the case?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2016, 08:59:14 PM »
aaapps, soun like "Bleeder v 2.1.1"

Nah, no disrespect to Bleeder but the skill sets are very different

Sounds about right. Full upgrade, feature release and a bug fix  ;D :beermug:
:beermug:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:00:58 PM by maxg »

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2016, 04:03:00 AM »
Whats the latest with DeLeon?

His attitude alone could make T&T team even if he is just as good as the players we have because I know he will always give is best once on the field.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
TFC picks up Nick DeLeon
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2018, 01:27:32 AM »
Toronto FC added to their depth today, picking up Nick DeLeon in the MLS re-entry draft. The right-sided midfielder/fullback played for D.C. United the last seven seasons, making at least 20 appearances in most of them, minus the last year when he struggled with injuries.

The 28-year-old was taken seventh overall in the 2012 MLS SuperDraft after playing at the University of Louisville.

It seems that DeLeon is a pretty reliable depth option, with a high workrate and the ability to carry the ball in midfield. He could be useful for TFC off the bench if they need some more energy at the back late in games.

https://www.wakingthered.com

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2018, 07:05:38 AM »
DeLeon has been turning down the T&T team down for years, why the change in 2016? He realised he not getting into the USA team? I get that his quality would improve the squad, but it's a bit of a slap in the face of players who are actually dedicated to the national team.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2018, 09:37:16 AM »
To be fair Justin Hoyte, Jlloyd Samuel turned us down initially, then accepted the call later when they couldn't get into the England national team and we accepted them with open arms. Even Bobby Zamora did the same and turned up just in time for World Cup 2006. Right now we need all the help we can get as with the lack of quality depth at present we will struggle in the Caribbean further more in the Gold Cup or Hex.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2018, 11:34:58 AM »
DeLeon has been turning down the T&T team down for years, why the change in 2016? He realised he not getting into the USA team? I get that his quality would improve the squad, but it's a bit of a slap in the face of players who are actually dedicated to the national team.

That is asshole talk! Why somehow we expect players who born in nations with far better chances to play on bigger stages to want to choose T&T first? If they have a chance at their nation of birth squad why would/should they not want to exhaust that first?  Like allyuh on drugs or something oui. Steups. Playing for this shit show does nothing to improve player's profiles. If at some point a player has a change of heart, whether thru failure to make their national squad or otherwise, as long as they can benefit our program we should take a look.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2018, 01:55:48 PM »

That is asshole talk! Why somehow we expect players who born in nations with far better chances to play on bigger stages to want to choose T&T first? If they have a chance at their nation of birth squad why would/should they not want to exhaust that first?  Like allyuh on drugs or something oui. Steups. Playing for this shit show does nothing to improve player's profiles. If at some point a player has a change of heart, whether thru failure to make their national squad or otherwise, as long as they can benefit our program we should take a look.

Calm yourself down it's a valid question. You working hard, playing through the U16, U18, U20, and spying a spot on the NT, but it taken by someone who kept turning down the honour, it's a bit galling to say the least. I understand the opposite view - players earn their scratch over a very short period of time (relatively) and they have to look out for themselves - if another National Team will give them more exposure so be it. I'm sympathetic to that position, but don't pretend there's no alternate reading of it though and don't get your panties in a twist when the question is asked.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2018, 03:48:48 PM »
Calm yourself down it's a valid question. You working hard, playing through the U16, U18, U20, and spying a spot on the NT, but it taken by someone who kept turning down the honour, it's a bit galling to say the least. I understand the opposite view - players earn their scratch over a very short period of time (relatively) and they have to look out for themselves - if another National Team will give them more exposure so be it. I'm sympathetic to that position, but don't pretend there's no alternate reading of it though and don't get your panties in a twist when the question is asked.

I am very calm. 1st thing first save dat macomehman talk, badman doh wear panty so make that the last reference to dat dotish saying!  Secondly, given your example here, at what age did the turning down start, 8 years old?  If a spot anyone been eyeing gets taken by someone playing at a higher level then they have 2 choices to pick from. Be resentful of that person whos radar yuh not registering on and has simply been going about their business. Or in the alternative, work on improving oneself. It isn't much different than in school days a new yute transfer in and take someone else spot because they more skilled. The lesson here is doh count egg in fowl bottom. Spying on a spot? steups, dan talk ting with sense eh!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2018, 06:49:44 PM »
Everybody just speculating. Why allyuh don't actually hear it from Nick himself. Did his father discourage or encourage him? For an Icon like his Dad, you would think his dad would have push him to play. I thought he had a good chance at the time. I still think he can play, but he is 28. If I am not mistaken, his younger sister did play for the youth team. How come she played?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2018, 08:09:22 PM »
Everybody just speculating. Why allyuh don't actually hear it from Nick himself. Did his father discourage or encourage him? For an Icon like his Dad, you would think his dad would have push him to play. I thought he had a good chance at the time. I still think he can play, but he is 28. If I am not mistaken, his younger sister did play for the youth team. How come she played?

Good question.

And, why didn't she continue playing beyond that.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2019, 11:12:15 PM »
he just scored a crazy goal against Rooney & his DC teammates in the MLS playoffs. He came on in the second half and also had an assist.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2019, 08:16:03 AM »
he just scored a crazy goal against Rooney & his DC teammates in the MLS playoffs. He came on in the second half and also had an assist.

I really wonder what kinda job we did to try and get him into our national setup? Imagine someone who was never in any USA player pool, and possibly not even on their radar, for whatever reason, decides not to represent us.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2019, 09:06:54 AM »

I really wonder what kinda job we did to try and get him into our national setup? Imagine someone who was never in any USA player pool, and possibly not even on their radar, for whatever reason, decides not to represent us.

We need to set up an interview and ask him why

1]; } ?>