April 19, 2024, 04:17:41 AM

Author Topic: Stephen Hart - HFX Wanderers  (Read 6012 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Stephen Hart - HFX Wanderers
« on: October 09, 2019, 12:22:48 PM »
I am not a fan of Denis Lawrence as Head coach.  I think he should have stepped down by now.

I was not in support of the firing of Stephen Hart from his role at the helm of our mens national team

I believe that we have gone backwards in leaps and bounds as a footballing entity during the DJW regime.

Now that i have made those statements clear, I want to ask if anyone has been paying attention to Hart's record as coach of HFX.  Some of us are clamoring for his return, but on the basis of results, his team in the CPL is on a run of 1 win in 17 games and is currently at the bottom of the league. 

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen Hart - HFX Wanderers
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 12:30:25 PM »
Come nah man, Andre. Ah sure yuh know de difference between apples, oranges and bananas.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 12:50:43 PM »
I am not a fan of Denis Lawrence as Head coach.  I think he should have stepped down by now.

I was not in support of the firing of Stephen Hart from his role at the helm of our mens national team

I believe that we have gone backwards in leaps and bounds as a footballing entity during the DJW regime.

Now that i have made those statements clear, I want to ask if anyone has been paying attention to Hart's record as coach of HFX.  Some of us are clamoring for his return, but on the basis of results, his team in the CPL is on a run of 1 win in 17 games and is currently at the bottom of the league.
before he got fired he was on an 8-0 run and I don’t mean 8 wins. By the way, weren’t you one of DJW ardent supporters, are you having 2nd and 3rd thoughts, or did you and the fat boss had a falling out?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 12:55:38 PM »
Didn't stop Belgium from hiring Roberto Martínez after he got fired at Everton. Same way it have players whose performances for country are better than for their club, and vice versa.

I not even clamoring for Hart's return, because our football environment is even more toxic now than when dey ruh him.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 01:05:28 PM »
Didn't stop Belgium from hiring Roberto Martínez after he got fired at Everton. Same way it have players whose performances for country are better than for their club, and vice versa.

I not even clamoring for Hart's return, because our football environment is even more toxic now than when dey ruh him.
i doubt that he would want to be back after all the law suits and the shabby way he was treated. that man has a lot of pride and principle so i seriously doubt any chance of his return. what we do need is a foreign coach from either south or Central America, a coach who understands our region and the style of play,
preferably a Spanish coach speaking coach from the mexico argentina or columbia (not maturana).

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 02:24:43 PM »

i doubt that he would want to be back after all the law suits and the shabby way he was treated. that man has a lot of pride and principle so i seriously doubt any chance of his return. what we do need is a foreign coach from either south or Central America, a coach who understands our region and the style of play,
preferably a Spanish coach speaking coach English from the mexico argentina or columbia (not maturana).

fixed it  ;D
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 02:29:55 PM »

preferably a Spanish coach speaking coach from the mexico argentina or columbia (not maturana).

Pfff get a european coach .... french in particular ..... ..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 02:42:05 PM »

Pfff get a european coach .... french in particular ..... ..

I agree with pull stones.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2019, 03:53:45 PM »

Not to mention that no diligent decision maker would make a conclusive determination about Hart's international future based on his team's performance in a fledgling league.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2019, 06:45:13 PM »

"a coach who understands our region and the style of play".................why must it be a foreign coach from either South or Central America? Don't we have TT coaches who understand our region and style of play? Who is best to understand our style of play than someone from TT? Help meh out here nah.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2019, 07:49:23 PM »

"a coach who understands our region and the style of play".................why must it be a foreign coach from either South or Central America? Don't we have TT coaches who understand our region and style of play? Who is best to understand our style of play than someone from TT? Help meh out here nah.

will give Eve a shot beyond him....I can't honestly name one dat might do sumting at CFU level much less concacaf.......our football is slow, features a crap load of indecision that slows it even further, there is no focus on conditioning, man reaching to adulthood under these same coach not mastering ting like touch and passing especially under pressure, defense is not d attack wuk and d defenders cyah defend properly or are poor footballers in general and are allowed to remain so......how much time we see these "bootleg" coaches getting opportunity to quote somebody from wired group and fail.....we local coaches to "back ah day" and teachin dey back a day techniques to up and comer who doh seem to want to expand dey knowledge and if dey do, dey still feel d only way is to jump on ah plane. Right now ah phone, ah laptop, some internet and modern coaching techniques readily available plenty for free yuh have 442 football, 7mlc for individual training and so many more, it have ah number of tactical profiling video channels dat breakdown in game tactics, player attributes for some of d best in d world. Modern football at dem fellas finger tips dey jus to lazy or too stubborn and full of it to go find it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 07:54:13 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2019, 11:40:43 PM »

will give Eve a shot beyond him....I can't honestly name one dat might do sumting at CFU level much less concacaf.......our football is slow, features a crap load of indecision that slows it even further, there is no focus on conditioning, man reaching to adulthood under these same coach not mastering ting like touch and passing especially under pressure, defense is not d attack wuk and d defenders cyah defend properly or are poor footballers in general and are allowed to remain so......how much time we see these "bootleg" coaches getting opportunity to quote somebody from wired group and fail.....we local coaches to "back ah day" and teachin dey back a day techniques to up and comer who doh seem to want to expand dey knowledge and if dey do, dey still feel d only way is to jump on ah plane. Right now ah phone, ah laptop, some internet and modern coaching techniques readily available plenty for free yuh have 442 football, 7mlc for individual training and so many more, it have ah number of tactical profiling video channels dat breakdown in game tactics, player attributes for some of d best in d world. Modern football at dem fellas finger tips dey jus to lazy or too stubborn and full of it to go find it.
could not have said it any better my self. just to add a few things on that. Most local coaches are too bad minded and disruptive, just look how dennis refuses to play ranjitsingh same as how latapy refused to play Kendal jagdoesingh who was starring on the concacaf champions league with Peaurto rico, like bertille st Claire’s refusal to play Whitley and dwarika.

a foreign coach on the other hand don’t care who you are or how you look, just as long as you are an asset to the team and you train well and follow the rules. these local coaches are small minded and petty, always spiting players who don’t suit their fickle fancy and feature players who end up costing the team instead of helping the team.

I remember Trent Noel couldn’t make whim’s team nor maturana’s but starred on latapy’s team in every match, him and Clyde leon together who gave absolutely nothing in the midfield in the way of creativity while Whitley received no call up. i hope and pray that we never ever use a local coach until they have coached in europe somewhere and has proven themselves to be the consummate professionals.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:27:15 AM by pull stones »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2019, 12:22:04 AM »

before he got fired he was on an 8-0 run and I don’t mean 8 wins. By the way, weren’t you one of DJW ardent supporters, are you having 2nd and 3rd thoughts, or did you and the fat boss had a falling out?

How am I being referred to as an ardent DJW supporter?  The only person who thinks i am a DJW supporter is Gino, and that is simply because i disagreed with his many conspiracy theories.  A few years ago after his election win, i simply said to give DJW a chance to see what he has to offer based on the fact that W Connection was one of the better run clubs in the country.  In fact, during the lead up to the election, his manifesto was the strongest.

He came into office and he got an F as far as i am concerned.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2019, 12:38:34 AM »

before he got fired he was on an 8-0 run and I don’t mean 8 wins

So what you mean. 8-0 means 8 wins zero losses.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2019, 01:01:54 AM »

before he got fired he was on an 8-0 run and I don’t mean 8 wins

So what you mean. 8-0 means 8 wins zero losses.
come on mate i just explained it, so why are you putting me through that again? if he had won his last eight games i doubt if he would have been fired for underperforming.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 01:32:12 AM »
 Which local coach can handle the current national team is hard to pick now. The only person at this moment may be Angus. But I honestly don't see any local coach with the ability to handle all the constraints of running a national team, unless he gets some mass infusion of help from the association.

At this moment, I don't think a foreign coach go help us either. Unless there radical change in the TTFA, together with heavy infusion of money. Where is DJW getting money to pay a foreign coach that will satisfy some of allyuh. he already got egg on his face for Saintfeit. That was one of the shabbiest tenure of any coach TT has ever engaged.

Now, I have no issue with a foreign coach. But I say,  which well known coach will come to TT and perform miracles at this time. As far as I am concern,  about 3 of the long list of foreigners have had good performances. Beenhakker, Kevin Verity, Porterfield. Others like Simoes, Vranes, Maturana, Pfister were hamper by Jack's craziness. One guy, Mike Laing was not bad, but TTFA decided to play all home games away because of the very familiar "lack of money". That was 1968.

Local coaches, unfortunately, have always been hampered. Either by the lack of resources and/or by the way the administration function at that period in time. Biggest impediment to local coaches is their inability to update their skills set. That could be because they just lack the money to go overseas on their own to some English, Euro. or American club academy or some FIFA coaching course.  So unless a local with some credentials can pop up from the sky, we may have to pick a foreigner. But which one, is a good question.

By the way I always want to give the local coach the chance or first preference. But that can't always happen.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 02:03:04 AM by Deeks »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2019, 01:50:33 AM »
Which local coach can handle the current national team is hard to pick now. The only person at this moment may be Angus. But I honestly don't see any local coach with the ability to handle all the constraint of running a national team.

At this moment, I don't think a foreign coach go help us either. Unless there radical change in the TTFA, together with heavy infusion of money. Where is DJW getting money to pay a foreign coach that will satisfy some of allyuh. he already got egg on his face for Saintfeit. That was one of the shabbiest tenure of any coach TT has ever engaged.

Now, I have no issue with a foreign coach. But I say,  which well known coach will come to TT and perform miracles at this time. As far as I am concern,  about 3 of the long list of foreigners have had good performances. Beenhakker, Kevin Verity, Porterfield. Others like Simoes, Vranes, Maturana, Pfister were hamper by Jack's craziness. One guy, Mike Laing was not bad, but TTFA decided to play all home games away because of the very familiar "lack of money". That was 1968.

Local coaches, unfortunately, have always been hampered. Either by the lack of resources and/or by the way the administration function. So unless a local with some credentials can pop up from the sky, we may have to pick a foreigner. But which one, is a good question.
deeks, these few games might just be dennis lawrence’s last couple of games as TT senior coach. as it stands the united coalition challenging DJW is a shoe in for the presidency and Keith lok loy is one of the main players and an ardent opponent of dennis lawrence as we saw them got into it recently where dennis demanded an apology from lok loy whom he threatened with legal action unless an apology was given.

if lok loy and timkee have anything to do with it, this sham of a coach would be well on his way come december, and as we know those two men will not be looking to no local replacement as we saw when hart was hired by timkee even though Shabbaz and Hudson Charles wasn’t doing too bad. don’t be dismayed about money, timkee and his partners will find sponsorship for a new coach, just you wait and see. thing will work itself out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2019, 02:14:18 AM »
don’t be dismayed about money, timkee and his partners will find sponsorship for a new coach

pull stones, I was updating while you were responding.But, Breds "don't be dismayed about money". Really?! That will be the day. I hope whoever you get that info from, really know what they talking about. I will be presently surprise. That will be the best Christmas present for the forum.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2019, 04:25:27 AM »

In the interest of facts, Hart's last 8 games resulted in 1 win, 1 draw and 6 losses.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2019, 07:21:30 AM »

In the interest of facts, Hart's last 8 games resulted in 1 win, 1 draw and 6 losses.
ok, duly noted.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2019, 01:14:48 PM »
Could be argued convincingly that DJW was actively undermining SH once he got in office, whether by accident or design
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2019, 01:19:30 PM »
Could be argued convincingly that DJW was actively undermining SH once he got in office, whether by accident or design

exactly all dem friendlies outside the window dat basically left d first team inactive for months
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2019, 02:39:00 PM »

"a coach who understands our region and the style of play".................why must it be a foreign coach from either South or Central America? Don't we have TT coaches who understand our region and style of play?Who is best to understand our style of play than someone from TT? Help meh out here nah.

Like who?

More importantly what about local  coaches who understand the football context of the opponents?

Call names.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2019, 04:08:33 PM »

exactly all dem friendlies outside the window dat basically left d first team inactive for months
we are going no where as a people I swear. i listened to the budget presentation then the discussions on the budget by so-called experts, and they all were very negative towards the government in some way or another, and I was thinking to myself do these people even know that most petroleum producing nation actually had to let go of 50% of their expenditure because the price of oil has dropped plus the current world wide recession?

these people were acting very much entitled like the government had to furnish every aspect of their life style, and I see it with the people in football where they think they are so entitled to be part of it like it’s some how an inherent right or a simple toy to play with. that trini psyche is something rather strange rather strange and very alarming.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2019, 04:05:37 AM »

How am I being referred to as an ardent DJW supporter?  The only person who thinks i am a DJW supporter is Gino, and that is simply because i disagreed with his many conspiracy theories.  A few years ago after his election win, i simply said to give DJW a chance to see what he has to offer based on the fact that W Connection was one of the better run clubs in the country.  In fact, during the lead up to the election, his manifesto was the strongest.

You definitely argued in favour of him and was so called working with Djw from my sources... what conspiracy theories? Everything I’ve said has come to pass, now you coming on to discredit Hart and absolve yourself? You serious brother?  Worse yet, you’re calling my name when many others also said you were riding for the dictator.. trust me not everyone is as vocal as I am and speaks out on the board that called you out..

Why should we give a thief and a sell out a chance? Not my fault you couldn’t see him for what he was, that’s your lack of intuition and insight and has nothing to do with my predictions that came thru..

By the way, some people talking about those 6 losses by SH, under what type of environment did that happen? Let’s see who remembers what was going on at that time that contributed to those losses and not bc of Hart’s coaching...

Furthermore you calling out his record with Halifax, it’s the first year, with players who have never played together, there’s something called growing pains and adjustment that I’m sure will see him do well next season once everyone becomes accustomed..

Funny for a man who says he wasn’t against Hart, you seem to be speaking out of both sides of your mouth  :D

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2019, 04:09:12 AM »

Tell us in detail what was going on with the team, Hart, both on and off the field during those 6 defeats?

And don’t say the dictator had nothing to do with those results either...

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2019, 06:45:50 AM »

You definitely argued in favour of him and was so called working with Djw from my sources... what conspiracy theories? Everything I’ve said has come to pass, now you coming on to discredit Hart and absolve yourself? You serious brother?  Worse yet, you’re calling my name when many others also said you were riding for the dictator.. trust me not everyone is as vocal as I am and speaks out on the board that called you

You definitely argued in favour of him and was so called working with Djw from my sources... what conspiracy theories? Everything I’ve said has come to pass, now you coming on to discredit Hart and absolve yourself? You serious brother?  Worse yet, you’re calling my name when many others also said you were riding for the dictator.. trust me not everyone is as vocal as I am and speaks out on the board that called you out..

Why should we give a thief and a sell out a chance? Not my fault you couldn’t see him for what he was, that’s your lack of intuition and insight and has nothing to do with my predictions that came thru..

By the way, some people talking about those 6 losses by SH, under what type of environment did that happen? Let’s see who remembers what was going on at that time that contributed to those losses and not bc of Hart’s coaching...

Furthermore you calling out his record with Halifax, it’s the first year, with players who have never played together, there’s something called growing pains and adjustment that I’m sure will see him do well next season once everyone becomes accustomed..

Funny for a man who says he wasn’t against Hart, you seem to be speaking out of both sides of your mouth  :D
out..

I was so-called working with DJW according to your sources? HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2019, 07:31:56 AM »
Can we just all admit that the  primary reason for the demise of Trinidad and Tobago football is the poor administration at a national level? And by that I mean at every level of our society. Most organizational structures private and public. An earlier post said it best. We live in a society where we expect everything must be given to us. There is a lot of blame to go around. So here are my thoughts:
1. The TTFA administration has some good ideas (I like the Home of Football concept) but you cannot lead by arrogance.
2. No functional football league. How do we expect to have players perform without a league? (Denis is right about that)
3. I like Denis Lawrence but the nail is in the coffin. Football is a results-oriented business and he has failed.
4. No developmental structure. It will be another generation before we can make an impact on CFU football, much less CONCACAF.
I can go on and on, but I have more important things to do.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2019, 09:47:47 AM »
1. The TTFA administration has some good ideas (I like the Home of Football concept) but you cannot lead by arrogance.

The Home of Football concept is a good idea, but not a novel idea, and it is certainly not this administration's idea.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2019, 04:53:50 PM »

You definitely argued in favour of him and was so called working with Djw from my sources... what conspiracy theories? Everything I’ve said has come to pass, now you coming on to discredit Hart and absolve yourself? You serious brother?  Worse yet, you’re calling my name when many others also said you were riding for the dictator.. trust me not everyone is as vocal as I am and speaks out on the board that called you

out..

I was so-called working with DJW according to your sources? HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So the people that spoke to me are all lying? You didn’t get any monetary compensation, curry favour, nothing under the dictatorship of David John Williams?

Btw Halifax doesn’t have the player budget of Toronto, Montreal or an Alberta team... so I assume Hart probably was sourcing local based talent in Nova Scotia and Nova Scotia is not a hot bed for footballing talent, so there are also other factors coming into play here

So trying to discredit Hart to justify your allegiance to the dictator is something I was not expecting from you tbh but it’s trinidad so anything can happen lol  :D

1]; } ?>