March 28, 2024, 12:20:32 PM

Author Topic: Thread for Ecuador vs T&T (14-Nov-2019)  (Read 17564 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for Ecuador vs T&T (14-Nov-2019)
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2019, 07:05:24 PM »
So we socawarriors fans does know the possible other team lineup before we know our own.   :rotfl: :rotfl:

Within Ecuadorian media outlets, reporters had been postulating on the starting XI based on practice sessions and several hit the nail on the head.

In a sense I get what Dennis was about but as far as revealing the travelling contingent I think a better balance could have been struck all things considered.

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2019, 07:07:00 PM »
Cyrus is off, thank you omg.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2019, 07:08:22 PM »
HALF-TIME: Ecuador 1-0 Trinidad and Tobago. Goal by Alan Franco (30'). #ECUvTRI

Just won the Copa Sudamericana. Value increasing by the second.

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2019, 07:10:23 PM »
This team have no direction...no unit play ....halfassed pressing and when we actually press and win d ball is back to pedestrian passing and movement.... steups

The half ass press is truly mind boggling.  Just like you said, when we win the ball, which is like .1 percent of the time, we have none or make any passing lanes, due to our lack of a midfield, so we pass it all the way back and lose the ball.  Same formula, same madness, same results.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2019, 07:11:32 PM »
Well I can say for sure, Hyland and Cyrus on the team!
The head coach and Stern will be there too! I saw them all at Miami airport on Tuesday.
I saw a few others too but didn't recognize them...hope this helps, at least we know for sure two who are on the team ;D

Did you tell Cyrus "he's not friggin Lucio"? :devil:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2019, 07:12:25 PM »
asylumseeker, is this Ecuador side anything close to their frist team?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2019, 07:14:35 PM »
And may we add ball control as well?  Seems like no one on the team can complete this task, the ball is bouncing all over the place or rebounding back to the Ecuadorian.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2019, 07:22:54 PM »
is this game in Quito
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2019, 07:26:32 PM »

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2019, 07:26:45 PM »
Does DL even teach these guys how to pass, or even counter attack?  We can't even get short passes together.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2019, 07:33:14 PM »
for the love of god, these people could have at least put the starting line up, what kind of lazy journalism is this? can anyone give the starting line up.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2019, 07:34:34 PM »
Who’s the #3 bloke, the lad is severely lacking, has no football brain and no technical skills.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2019, 07:35:12 PM »
asylumseeker, is this Ecuador side anything close to their frist team?

Somewhat, yes in terms of recognized and ready talent (but there arguably are some established players who could still command a place in the squad (for example Felipe Caicedo if he was inclined ) and others who could be progressed from the U23s that are currently prepping for South America's Olympic qualifiers (under the same coach)). Also there are a couple talented young players already in Europe who have been left to grow a bit (for instance the first player Ronaldo acquired at Valladolid, a player named Stiven Plaza).

That stated, this coach sees his role as one of highlighting players who are knocking on the door insistently and others who have been overlooked in recent cycles under recent coaches Quinteros and Gomez. This coach is also tacitly interested in the job, but by taking this approach he is also covering his ass a bit, especially not wanting a repeat of the 6-1 he suffered vs Argentina. There isn't much significant sentiment in his favor though, despite his undeniable success at U20 level (WC bronze medallists).

If Jose Pékerman takes the job, he will have a different elaboration of a 23-man squad, but many of these players would automatically be initial contenders.

Other consideration: 4 players went back to their club squads because their clubs are in a cup final on Saturday and there was constant pressure on the federation and caretaker coach to ignore it being a FIFA date.

Finally, Independiente del Valle (just won the Sudamericana) is stacked with young homegrown talent and only 2 players from that club are in this squad ... So the theme I discussed this morning was that the process of "recambio' in Ecuador contrasts with our retention of older players, although the randomized selection of Woo Ling and Lewis call for acknowledgement of recognizing that DL either sees it or is hitting in the dark.

Last thing, if you look at the GKs for Ecuador ... all are playing locally and they have an average age of 26 ... all are under 30. So in this sense it is good to see Frenderup on the pitch. And the questions raised about what Glenroy Samuel should be doing linger. So position by position although the Ecuador squad is anything but settled, many of the players selected are consensus NT material.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 07:56:21 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2019, 07:36:33 PM »
71': Enner Valencia doubles Ecuador's lead from the penalty spot, on a handball by Mekeil Williams. Ecuador 2-0 Trinidad and Tobago.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2019, 07:37:11 PM »
BTW this whole back lines needs to change. come on mikel how long have you been in the game for f**k sake man this is basic things we learn in under 14 camp mate, you defenders aught to know better.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2019, 07:40:53 PM »
Does DL even teach these guys how to pass, or even counter attack?  We can't even get short passes together.
i have seen one truly good counter recently and dat is only because Bateau can carry ah ball with d grace of ah genuine B2BM...I would honestly experiment with him in d pivot...or give him license carry d ball when ever  possible man like aubrey dat doh do nutten goin forward can drift inside to cover him
I pity the fool....

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2019, 07:50:32 PM »
 :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead:

Another lame brain performance, we looked like cones on the field. Pile of shit we play OMG!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2019, 07:58:30 PM »
FINAL: Ecuador 3-0 Trinidad and Tobago. Goals by Alan Franco (30') and Enner Valencia (71', 85').

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2019, 07:59:54 PM »
We have to play better opposition so we can improve as a team....doh kill de messenger eh

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2019, 08:03:04 PM »
for the love of god, these people could have at least put the starting line up, what kind of lazy journalism is this? can anyone give the starting line up.

Frenderup, Russell, M. Williams, Cyrus, N. Lewis, Hyland, Mitchell, Fortune, A. Jones, Lester, Carr

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2019, 08:05:28 PM »
It funny how Frenderup getting action but salt for Ranjitsingh
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2019, 09:01:14 PM »
Well I can say for sure, Hyland and Cyrus on the team!
The head coach and Stern will be there too! I saw them all at Miami airport on Tuesday.
I saw a few others too but didn't recognize them...hope this helps, at least we know for sure two who are on the team ;D

Did you tell Cyrus "he's not friggin Lucio"? :devil:

;D ;D ;D ;D...asylum, you quoting me there right?

Anyway, I understand men frustration with Cyrus, I gave up on him years now! And that ball he gave away against Mexico in the center circle the other day, I have never seen anything like that in international football!

When we get a new coach, Cyrus will be thanked for his years of service, plain and simple.

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2019, 09:05:32 PM »
Exactly

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2019, 09:14:25 PM »
It have to be something went on behind the scenes. I refuse to believe is a footballing decision.

I just hoping is not no foolishness like ‘he does keep to himself’ or some shit.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2019, 10:17:42 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago's 3-0 loss to Ecuador

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AVlwKfys4r0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AVlwKfys4r0</a>

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2019, 10:32:32 PM »
After the handball penalty, I turned off the game.  I don't understand men at this level of profession making mistakes like that.  I was watching the U17 world cup the other day, and even those young fellas, tuck their hands behind their backs on crosses like those.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2019, 12:55:00 AM »
Look Martinique draw with Honduras 1-1

So add relegation in the Nations league to the admins stellar accomplishments.

Lock hard!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2019, 02:19:42 AM »
It have to be something went on behind the scenes. I refuse to believe is a footballing decision.

I just hoping is not no foolishness like ‘he does keep to himself’ or some shit.
i’m hoping it’s not what i think it might be, and if it is then dennis lawrence really stinks.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2019, 02:30:26 AM »
After the handball penalty, I turned off the game.  I don't understand men at this level of profession making mistakes like that.  I was watching the U17 world cup the other day, and even those young fellas, tuck their hands behind their backs on crosses like those.
the whole defense wreaks of shit. not one of these defenders could make it in the english championship and i’m being gracious, the reality is that i seriously doubt they could cut it in league two. their organization is like a domino house one slight shake and the whole defense collapse.

I’ve seen it vs martinique and honduras where we saw cyrus giving away the ball in midfield with him being the last defender, bateau heading a ball across the goal mouth that was going out for a goal kick, and now the williams hand ball and carlyle mitichell obvious give away try to play midfielder. these lads are not ready for this level,we need a whole new defense and two solid central midfielders.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 02:33:09 AM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2019, 03:01:15 AM »
So we have another goal keeper who wants to get in on the defensive duty? if this guy wasn’t so eager to leave his line then the two goals from open play could have been averted. why do our keepers love to rush off their line at the slightest sense of danger, why not trust and allow the defenders to handle the attackers and stop trying to play last stopper.

as for cyrus, please guy your are not international material, why not go learn a trade and leave international football alone. please.

1]; } ?>