March 28, 2024, 07:59:16 AM

Author Topic: TTFA League of Champions  (Read 8784 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA League of Champions
« on: November 04, 2019, 02:51:23 PM »
TTFA launches League of Champions.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

THE TT Football Association (TTFA) League of Champions tournament was launched yesterday, at the Home of Football, Balmain, Couva.

The inaugural event, which kicks off on Sunday and runs until April 12, will feature a number of teams who either opted out of the 2019 Terminix Super League or were deemed non-compliant, as well as a National XI (T&T Under-17 team).

Defence Force, Police, Matura ReUnited, Guaya United, Miscellaneous Laventille United, Moruga FC, Harlem Strikers, Central Soccer World and Marabella Family Crisis Centre and the Tobago-based pair of Youth Stars United and Tobago Phoenix are the other participating teams.

According to TTFA director of competitions, Sharon O’Brien, each participating club will receive $51,200,which will be split into three parts: $25,600 (which was presented yesterday to the participants); $12,800 (during the midway point of the season); and the remaining sum (minus any fees incurred) at the end of the tournament.

TTFA president David John-Williams has repeatedly claimed that the local governing body is cash-strapped.

Asked if the influx of monies for this tournament came from the FIFA Forward Programme, board member Selby Browne, who chaired the launch, replied, “The FIFA Forward Programme was a condition of the association receiving money from FIFA. That is TTFA’s money.

“When that money gets to the TTFA, it is the TTFA’s money to do what it says it will do. On an annual basis, each association will request from FIFA what its plans are.”

The teams will have to be registered under the FIFA Connect system and matches will be contested on Sundays. “The teams will participate in two rounds of football,” O’Brien said. During the launch, Browne spoke at length about the history of T&T football, the re-establishment of financial stability of T&T football and the restructuring of T&T football.

Among the dignitaries were TTFA officials Anthony Moore (who also serves as president of the Tobago Football Association) and Collin Partap.

Click here for details on the TTFA League of Champions

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0d6TpeYmUOI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0d6TpeYmUOI</a>
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 01:31:57 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA League of Champions
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 03:52:46 PM »
Could someone explain this league please. How come it's only some clubs ? Why only these clubs ? etc Maybe I missed something. ..What Police team is this ? Is it an age group competition ? I think Selby tends to make my mind wander with his posturing, so I suspect I  have some concentration issues.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 06:21:04 PM »
Could someone explain this league please. How come it's only some clubs ? Why only these clubs ? etc Maybe I missed something. ..What Police team is this ? Is it an age group competition ? I think Selby tends to make my mind wander with his posturing, so I suspect I  have some concentration issues.

I took a pause during the preamble. Will try again later.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 06:48:06 PM »

I mehself.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 07:01:36 PM »
How is Police FC, Matura, Guaya & Phoenix going to manage playing in this league as well as having teams in the Super league?

This a one-off tourney?
Something done to secure a mandate quickly with FIFA?

Honest questions, jsut confused by it here

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 07:12:35 PM »
WATCH: Summary of the TTFA League of Champions launch

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/Z6TAGugC_b8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/Z6TAGugC_b8</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 07:28:20 PM »
How is Police FC, Matura, Guaya & Phoenix going to manage playing in this league as well as having teams in the Super league?

This a one-off tourney?

Definitely designed to rescue a point in stoppage time.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 07:51:04 PM »
List of teams announced as League of Champions participants:

Central Soccer World
Defence Force FC
Guaya United
Harlem Strikers
Marabella Family Crisis Centre
Matura ReUnited
Miscellaneous Laventille United
Moruga FC
National XI (U20s)
Police FC
1976 FC Phoenix
Youth Stars United

I suggest cross referencing  this initiative and who is involved with the following articles and content in bold. See where it leads you.

The decisions were taken democratically by 12 of the TTSL’s 14 current member clubs. Those are: Bethel United, Club Sando, Cunupia FC, FC Santa Rosa, Guaya United, Petit Valley/Diego Martin United, Police FC, Prison Service FC, QPCC FC, RSSR FC, San Fernando Giants and UTT FC. Erin FC and Matura ReUnited were both absent.

Santa Rosa, the club of TTSL president Keith Look Loy, Bethel United, Club Sando and San Fernando Giants all retained their voting rights. However, clubs voted to remove Guaya United, Cunupia FC, Petit Valley/Diego Martin United and Police FC. The latter four were replaced by Prison Service, QPCC, RSSR and UTT.

https://wired868.com/2019/10/28/ttsl-on-election-footing-united-ttfa-appear-strengthened-after-shuffle-of-voting-delegates/

AND

Suspended TTSL clubs threaten legal action.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Clubs who were de­barred from en­ter­ing or vot­ing at Sun­day's An­nu­al Gen­er­al Meet­ing (AGM) of the T&T Su­per League at the Queen's Park Oval are now seek­ing le­gal ad­vice that could over­turn the se­lec­tion of del­e­gates for the forth­com­ing T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion elec­tions on No­vem­ber 24.

And one mem­ber has open­ly called on his col­leagues to throw their sup­port be­hind Ter­minix La Hor­quet­ta Rangers man­ag­ing di­rec­tor Richard Fer­gu­son, whose ac­tions to date, he said, have been an ex­am­ple of what should hap­pen in lo­cal foot­ball for it to progress.

Mara­bel­la Fam­i­ly Cri­sis Cen­tre, Harlem Strik­ers, Phoenix FC and 500 Spar­tans, among oth­er clubs, were in­formed Sun­day that they had been sus­pend­ed as mem­bers and share­hold­ers when they showed up for the TTSL AGM. Guaya Unit­ed boss Randy Ha­gley al­so was not al­lowed en­try in­to the meet­ing had to threat­en le­gal ac­tion be­fore be­ing giv­en en­try and al­so be­ing al­lowed to vote.

Yes­ter­day, two days af­ter the meet­ing, Mara­bel­la FCC's Ter­rence Boissiere and Harlem Strik­ers Gre­go­ry Mc Sween made it clear they are not tak­ing the ac­tion light­ly.

The two, along with oth­er clubs ex­ec­u­tives, said they have let­ters of com­mit­ment from the Su­per League that they will be in­clud­ed in the 2019 edi­tion of the tour­na­ment af­ter they missed the 2018 sea­son due to reg­is­tra­tion mix-ups.

"As mem­bers of the T&TFA, we were not giv­en let­ters of our sus­pen­sion and for what rea­son, which is a manda­to­ry process. I was in­formed of my club's sus­pen­sion while hav­ing a drink at a bar," Mc Sween told the T&T Guardian.

Boissiere and Mc Sween be­lieve the de­ci­sion to sus­pend them con­sti­tut­ed a ma­jor breach of the con­sti­tu­tion and was un­fair­ly done by TTSL pres­i­dent Kei­th Look Loy to get del­e­gates to vote for his Unit­ed TTFA slate at the com­ing TTFA elec­tions.

Cunu­pia FC coach Michael De Four, who was al­lowed to vote on Sun­day, told Guardian Me­dia that Look Loy and the Su­per League ex­ec­u­tive had months to de­cide on a date to vote for del­e­gates, but wait­ed un­til a month be­fore the TTFA elec­tion to hasti­ly send out in­for­ma­tion, which some mem­bers may not have got­ten. He said he be­lieved this was done de­lib­er­ate­ly to keep cer­tain mem­bers away.

Ha­gley echoed sim­i­lar sen­ti­ments when con­tact­ed. Guaya Unit­ed was one of eight TTSL del­e­gates be­fore Sun­day but they have now been re­placed. Guaya Unit­ed, Pe­tit Val­ley/Diego Mar­tin Unit­ed, Po­lice FC and Cunu­pia FC were re­placed among the del­e­gate list­ing by RSSR, Prison Ser­vice, QPCC and UTT. The new eight del­e­gates are now FC San­ta Rosa, Pris­ons, Queen's Park, RSSR, UTT, Club San­do, Bethel Unit­ed and San Fer­nan­do Gi­ants.

Con­tact­ed on Tues­day, Look Loy said, "The Su­per League is a de­mo­c­ra­t­ic or­gan­i­sa­tion, de­ci­sions were tak­en and the en­tire League stands by those de­ci­sions and what any­one else has to say is im­ma­te­r­i­al, I have no re­sponse to that.

"I am not go­ing to en­gage in any bac­cha­nal with peo­ple who have been sub­ject­ed to the rule of law by the ma­jor­i­ty of the League."

Mean­while, the TTSL con­firmed that Bethel Unit­ed FC, Club San­do, FC San­ta Rosa, Pris­ons FC, Queen's Park Crick­et Club, RSSR FC, San Fer­nan­do Gi­ants FC and UTT FC had been elect­ed to rep­re­sent TTSL at the 2019 TTFA AGM. In a re­lease, it said 12 of the TTSL's 14 clubs par­tic­i­pat­ed in Sat­ur­day's AGM at the Queen's Park Oval and the meet­ing al­so unan­i­mous­ly ap­proved the 2018 Ac­tiv­i­ty Re­port and Au­dit­ed Fi­nan­cial State­ment. It added that An­der­son Veronique was al­so elect­ed to the TTSL board at the meet­ing.

As far as the TTFA elec­tion is con­cerned, Guaya Unit­ed's Ha­gley has open­ly said he will sup­port in­cum­bent TTFA pres­i­dent David John-Williams in the elec­tion race, but De Four yes­ter­day called on mem­bers to throw their sup­port be­hind Fer­gu­son, say­ing he has shown what should be done by clubs to gen­er­ate mon­ey and be­come self-sus­tain­able, as well as how foot­ball should be man­aged, in the short time he has been in­volved in lo­cal foot­ball.

"This is a man who has shown the ca­pa­bil­i­ty to gen­er­ate funds by the way he runs his club alone. He has al­so shown the abil­i­ty to man­age the sport the way the coun­try needs it. Un­like the oth­er can­di­dates who are promis­ing to se­cure funds, this man will be pro­vid­ing his fund­ing and I am sure he will turn the for­tunes of T&T foot­ball around if giv­en a chance," De Four said.

He added, "I can­not imag­ine the elec­torate vot­ing for any­one else but Fer­gu­son, know­ing what he has to of­fer. It will be sad if that hap­pens."

Compare and contrast. Nothing here is coincidence. It is a patchwork of disgruntled clubs, opportunism, "road paving" and dangled incentives.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 07:35:17 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 07:59:25 PM »

This a one-off tourney?

Definitely designed to rescue a point in stoppage time.

LOL take win

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 05:44:17 AM »
No wonder we football stinks. Try making sense out this utter nonsense. DJW appears to be caught off guard a bit by the Wallace camp. But he is using his TTFA position and Concacaf-Fifa connection to squash Wallace. Straight in the footsteps of the special advisor.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 05:48:19 AM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 06:29:12 AM »
Where did the $ for this road paving project emerge from? Was that stated in the long version?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2019, 02:42:38 PM »

I mehself.

Ah now start to watch the video again ... so ah say lehme start deep in de proceedings to see how thing progressed. Ah click around minute 23:00 to find Selby laying it on thick with each check pre$ented, but de REAL classic was the presentation to Lt. Ryan Ottley of Defence Force:

"Officer, it's a distinct pleasure to make this presentation to the Defence Force and we feel that your ... [very pregnant pause] ... decision is well-placed ... in its loyalty to the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago and Trinidad and Tobago Football Association. Thank you!"

A masterclass in nearly subliminal messaging.  :) :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 04:30:54 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline RichGFootball

• ....formerly Richard G. I'm not a newbie. Just new-ish from since Mpurcell days
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2019, 06:08:17 PM »
The national U20's. Can anyone give a full readout of the possible college/university eligibility fall out from taking part in this 'league'?
Trinidad and Tobago 1st
Everyone else is 2nd

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2019, 07:46:00 PM »
The national U20's. Can anyone give a full readout of the possible college/university eligibility fall out from taking part in this 'league'?

Frankly, if you're playing in this league you probably shouldn't be interested in going to college.

Other than that, potentially, prize money clauses (not sure whether this policy will be revised as the NCAA restructures its policy) could be one area of concern.

As far as I gather, this competition is ostensibly an amateur venture on the face of it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 07:48:17 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2019, 10:39:43 PM »
do we have a U20 team in training?
Who's our U20 coach ?

I'm hoping the word going around is false, that the U-15 team is the National team being used in this tourney......

first round is this weekend.
anyone heading ato boldon for the "national Eleven's" game?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA's gimmick league - United TTFA
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 12:52:47 PM »
TTFA's gimmick league - United TTFA
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

The Unit­ed TTFA, be­ing led by William Wal­lace, views the new T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion's League of Cham­pi­ons tour­na­ment as a mere po­lit­i­cal gim­mick.

The tour­na­ment was launched on Mon­day morn­ing, mere hours be­fore pres­i­dent David John-Williams re­vealed that fi­nan­cial com­mit­ment pur­port­ed to have been giv­en by the Ju­nior Sam­my Group of Com­pa­nies to the Unit­ed TTFA group, was a fake.

Yes­ter­day the Unit­ed TTFA, in its third re­lease in less than a week, said the League of Cham­pi­ons was a move to cre­ate an im­pres­sion that the John-Williams ad­min­is­tra­tion was do­ing some­thing for lo­cal club foot­ball.

on Wednes­day the Unit­ed TTFA said that the League was al­so de­signed to un­der­mine the T&T Su­per League, as the gen­er­al pol­i­cy of Unit­ed TTFA is to pro­mote foot­ball in T&T, and with­in that, to fos­ter the de­vel­op­ment of club foot­ball.

Wal­lace, who heads the slate along­side his vice pres­i­dents- Clynt Tay­lor (CFA), Sam Phillips and Su­san Joseph-War­rick, said "Unit­ed TTFA con­demns the use of our club foot­ball as a mere tool in the po­lit­i­cal ar­se­nal of the David John-Williams ad­min­is­tra­tion, and as cheap gim­micky ahead of the 24 No­vem­ber TTFA an­nu­al gen­er­al meet­ing (AGM) for the elec­tion of of­fi­cers.

Unit­ed TTFA promis­es the TTFA elec­torate and the peo­ple of T&T that it will adopt the nec­es­sary mea­sures to es­tab­lish a prop­er elite league in 2020, the ground­work for which has al­ready been laid."

They not­ed the group drew its con­clu­sion based on (1): A pro­pos­al for the for­ma­tion of the league has not been sub­mit­ted for ap­proval to the TTFA Board of Di­rec­tors, 2:The clear ab­sence of ob­jec­tive cri­te­ria in the se­lec­tion of the league's mem­ber­ship. Specif­i­cal­ly, we point to a) the fact that of the four­teen pro­posed mem­bers on­ly three are 2018 cham­pi­ons (of CFA, SFA and NFA), b) the in­clu­sion of two clubs that have not par­tic­i­pat­ed in re­gion­al or any oth­er TTFA-af­fil­i­at­ed foot­ball since 2017, and c) the in­clu­sion of sev­er­al clubs that have been le­git­i­mate­ly sus­pend­ed by the TT Su­per League.

3. Unit­ed TTFA al­so notes: a) TTFA web­site in­for­ma­tion on this league in­cludes a "Na­tion­al Un­der-20 team", which is a clear hoax as the TTFA Board of Di­rec­tors has not au­tho­rized the for­ma­tion of, nor ap­point­ed a staff to, any such na­tion­al team to par­tic­i­pate in this league, and b) TTFA web­site in­for­ma­tion al­so in­cludes ref­er­ence to two TT Su­per League clubs - Pris­ons FC and Pe­tit Val­ley/Diego Mar­tin Unit­ed FC - which are not par­tic­i­pat­ing in this so-called TTFA League of Cham­pi­ons, while fix­tures in­clude the for­mer:

4. The David John-Williams ad­min­is­tra­tion has not met with the TTFA Ref­er­ee Com­mit­tee to dis­cuss and or­ga­nize match of­fi­cials for this league. This is dis­re­spect­ful and un­pro­fes­sion­al.

5. Unit­ed TTFA is alarmed at the fact that the David John-Williams ad­min­is­tra­tion is pre­pared to spend ap­prox­i­mate­ly one mil­lion dol­lars (TTD 1M) on a pick up league when it con­sis­tent­ly main­tained it did not have fund­ing for the pro­posed T-League that was agreed to un­der a Mem­o­ran­dum of Agree­ment signed by TTFA, the TT Pro League and the TTF Su­per League. Unit­ed TTFA calls for dis­clo­sure of the source of fund­ing for this league.

RELATED NEWS

League of Champions no election gimmick.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday).

United TTFA questions timing of new league but DJW says,

IT continues to be a war of words between the president of the TT Football Association (TTFA) David John-Williams and the United TTFA leading up to the TTFA elections on November 24.

A press conference was held, on Monday, to announce that the newly formed TTFA League of Champions tournament will be played from Sunday to April 12.

Defence Force, Police, Matura ReUnited, Guaya United, Miscellaneous Laventille United, Moruga FC, Harlem Strikers, Central Soccer World and Marabella Family Crisis Centre and the Tobago-based pair of Youth Stars United and Tobago Phoenix are among the participating teams.

A press release issued yesterday by The United TTFA questioned the timing of the new league as it comes less than three weeks before elections.

“The general policy of United TTFA is to promote football in TT, and within that to foster the development of club football. Nonetheless, United TTFA holds the view that the new league to be launched by the David John-Williams administration on 10 November – the so-called TTFA League of Champions – is a political gimmick intended to create the impression that TTFA is doing something for local club football and to undermine the TT Super League.”

The release added that it has based this conclusion on a number of factors including the TTFA not meeting with the TTFA Referee Committee to discuss and organise match officials for this league. According to the United TTFA this is disrespectful and unprofessional. The United TTFA is also questioning the FA’s source of funding to start the league after continuously complaining about a shortage of funds.

United TTFA promised the TTFA electorate and the people of TT that it will adopt the necessary measures to establish a proper elite league in 2020.

In response to the release by United TTFA, John-Williams told Newsday the TTFA tried to unify football in TT months ago by creating a two-tier league involving Pro League teams in the first tier and Super League teams in the second tier.

The teams in the second tier would have tried to earn promotion to the second tier, but that proposal was blanked by the TT Super League. The president of the TT Super League is Keith Look Loy, who is part of the United TTFA.

John-Williams said the TTFA League of Champions tournament is for the interest of football and not about politics.

“The TTFA is responsible for football in this country and it is not a political gimmick because if it was a political gimmick it would have been teams who (were) involved with delegates would have playing in the league. None of those clubs could vote.”

John-Williams, the president of local club W Connection said he knows the value of club football. “The football is the football and the politics is the politics. I am a person who grew up in the football, I did not grow up in the politics. I was accustom running my club in a particular way and you never hear my club being political. For some reason, people felt I was important to run the football affairs of this country and I do it as a national service. I know about players, I know about running a club, I know how players feel, I know the importance of club football. That is another attempt to distract what is right.”

« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 01:50:19 PM by Flex »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 07:00:08 AM »
I stand corrected

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2019, 05:09:46 PM »
I stand corrected

As in you are now convinced it's a gimmick?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2019, 05:46:38 PM »
I stand corrected

As in you are now convinced it's a gimmick?

Two days before the league starts. Where are the fixtures?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2019, 06:56:35 PM »
Are telling allyuh. Straight out of the jack warner text book.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2019, 01:34:41 AM »
Suspended 4 in TTFA League of Champions.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Clubs who were deemed non-com­pli­ant and who could not qual­i­fy to play in this year’s Ter­minix Su­per League now have the op­por­tu­ni­ty for ac­tion in the new T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion’s League of Cham­pi­ons.

The new tour­na­ment will fea­ture the three of the four sus­pend­ed Su­per League clubs — De­fence Force, Harlem Strik­ers and Mara­bel­la Fam­i­ly Cri­sis Cen­tre, to­geth­er with Guaya Unit­ed, Po­lice FC, Matu­ra Re­Unit­ed, Mis­cel­la­neous Laven­tille, Moru­ga FC, Cen­tral Soc­cer­world, To­ba­go Phoenix and To­ba­go Youth Stars. The tour­na­ment will al­so see guest ap­pear­ances from the coun­try’s Na­tion­al Un­der-17 team un­der a Na­tion­al XI ban­ner. The com­pe­ti­tion will run un­til April 12 next year.

At a launch at the Home of Foot­ball in Cou­va on Mon­day, it was re­vealed that each club will re­ceive a hefty sum of $51,200 in parts, be­fore, dur­ing and at the end of the tour­na­ment.

It is un­der­stood the clubs re­ceived $25,600 on Mon­day and are set to col­lect an­oth­er $12, 800 mid­way through the sea­son, with the re­main­ing amount at the end.

T&TFA board mem­ber and chair­man of the com­mit­tee charged with the re­spon­si­bil­i­ty of trans­form­ing T&T foot­ball, Sel­by Browne, Di­rec­tor of Com­pe­ti­tion Sharon O’Brien and oth­er board mem­bers Col­in Par­tap, Cen­tral Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (CFA) rep­re­sen­ta­tive and An­tho­ny Moore (To­ba­go Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion) were present at the launch.

Browne said the tour­na­ment was a move to­ward the de­vel­op­ment of the sport in T&T, not­ing, “The next struc­ture, the next ini­tia­tive is the re­struc­tur­ing of foot­ball in T&T and the path­way to na­tion­al A-League foot­ball. The Board of Di­rec­tors of the T&TFA unan­i­mous­ly ap­point­ed a com­mit­tee to deal with all as­pects re­struc­tur­ing foot­ball in T&T, to which we have had a tremen­dous re­sponse.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2019, 02:50:25 AM »
TTFA 'League Of Champions' in disarray.
T&T Guardian Reports.

The new League of Cham­pi­ons, be­ing put on by the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion is in dis­ar­ray, the Unit­ed TTFA, be­ing head­ed by William Wal­lace, be­lieves.

On the League's open­ing day Sun­day, some match­es did not have any of­fi­cial ref­er­ees, while oth­ers had to be post­poned.

The Unit­ed TTFA, in a re­lease on Mon­day said the league was put on to help in­cum­bent TTFA pres­i­dent David John-Williams with his elec­tion cam­paign on No­vem­ber 24.

"Unit­ed TTFA wish­es to un­der­line the ab­ject­ly po­lit­i­cal na­ture and tim­ing of the League of Cham­pi­ons launched by the David John-Williams ad­min­is­tra­tion ahead of the TTFA elec­tions of 24 No­vem­ber. This com­pe­ti­tion, which has noth­ing to do with the de­vel­op­ment of the lo­cal club game and every­thing to do with John-Williams shod­dy elec­tion cam­paign, kicked off yes­ter­day with­out TTFA ref­er­ees."

The re­lease stat­ed al­so that the match be­tween De­fence Force and Laven­tille Unit­ed FC was played with three un­of­fi­cial ref­er­ees sup­plied by De­fence Force, as no TTFA ref­er­ees turned up. And the match be­tween Po­lice FC and Mara­bel­la FCC was played with two un­of­fi­cial Po­lice as­sis­tant ref­er­ees, as for yet an­oth­er time, as there were no TTFA ref­er­ees at the venue.

It not­ed "The match be­tween Guaya Unit­ed FC and Harlem Strik­ers FC was played with un­of­fi­cial ref­er­ees ap­point­ed by both teams. No TTFA ref­er­ees turned up. The match be­tween 1976 Phoenix FC and Youth Stars FC was post­poned be­cause the for­mer is play­ing in the TT Pro League FCB Cup, i.e. play­ing with one team in two TTFA com­pe­ti­tions si­mul­ta­ne­ous­ly."

"The match be­tween Matu­ra Re­unit­ed FC and Cen­tral Soc­cer World was played with un­of­fi­cial ref­er­ees ap­point­ed by both teams. No TTFA ref­er­ees turned up. And the match be­tween Moru­ga FC and "Na­tion­al Team" was post­poned. In this re­gard, Unit­ed TTFA un­der­stands the "Na­tion­al Team" re­ferred to in the fix­tures is the na­tion­al Un­der-15 team. The play­ers have been re­quired to reg­is­ter."

The Unit­ed TTFA group which has al­ready rolled out an im­pres­sive plan to man­age the af­fairs of the sport from No­vem­ber 24 should they be elect­ed, has called John-Williams to clar­i­fy why na­tion­al team would com­prise 14 and 15 years olds, which they con­sid­er to be a trans­gres­sion of every prin­ci­ple of child phys­i­o­log­i­cal and psy­cho­log­i­cal de­vel­op­ment and every re­quire­ment for the de­vel­op­ment of young tal­ents.

The group be­lieves the stag­ing of the League of Cham­pi­ons is a show of ut­ter dis­re­spect for all TTFA ref­er­ee bod­ies, by not ap­proach­ing them to dis­cuss ref­er­ee ser­vices and the pay­ment.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2019, 07:00:57 AM »
"The match be­tween Matu­ra Re­unit­ed FC and Cen­tral Soc­cer World was played with un­of­fi­cial ref­er­ees ap­point­ed by both teams. No TTFA ref­er­ees turned up. And the match be­tween Moru­ga FC and "Na­tion­al Team" was post­poned. In this re­gard, Unit­ed TTFA un­der­stands the "Na­tion­al Team" re­ferred to in the fix­tures is the na­tion­al Un­der-15 team. The play­ers have been re­quired to reg­is­ter."

Only this directionally bankrupt administration would find 'make believe' continuity for the U15s but condemn the U23s and U21/20s to pasture. :whip:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2019, 07:15:09 AM »
The Unit­ed TTFA group which has al­ready rolled out an im­pres­sive plan to man­age the af­fairs of the sport from No­vem­ber 24 should they be elect­ed, has called John-Williams to clar­i­fy why na­tion­al team would com­prise 14 and 15 years olds, which they con­sid­er to be a trans­gres­sion of every prin­ci­ple of child phys­i­o­log­i­cal and psy­cho­log­i­cal de­vel­op­ment and every re­quire­ment for the de­vel­op­ment of young tal­ents.

Ah betting there won't be another hastily arranged press conference to explain the hastily arranged "fake league" that is a Get Out The Vote project and 'make work' venture that defies all sort of footballing rationality.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 07:20:58 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2019, 10:49:59 AM »
Ah betting there won't be another hastily arranged press conference to explain the hastily arranged "fake league" that is a Get Out The Vote project and 'make work' venture that defies all sort of footballing rationality.
So they have the U15's competing in an adult league? That's not ideal and can actually be counteractive to their development for players at such a young age. It's funny because I just read something in DJW campaign for President that Seeker self highlighted on another thread, item #8 about tested and tried methods for youth development lol

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2019, 10:58:46 AM »
So they have the U15's competing in an adult league? That's not ideal and can actually be counteractive to their development for players at such a young age. It's funny because I just read something in DJW campaign for President that Seeker self highlighted on another thread, item #8 about tested and tried methods for youth development lol

I await the official response.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2019, 04:27:23 PM »
Police hit Marabella for six.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

POLICE thrashed Marabella Family Crisis Centre 6-1 on Sunday, on Match Day One of the TTFA (TT Football Association) League of Champions.

Donavon Derrick scored a hat-trick, in the 14th, 63rd and 88th minutes, while Ian Saunders (61st and 89th) netted twice and Jervon Ramie (85th) notched the other item.

Patrick Pierre got the consolation strike for Marabella Family Crisis Centre, in the 35th.

Guaya United got the better of Harlem Strikers 3-1 in Sunday’s other meeting.

Carlon Hughes netted a pair, after finding the back of the net in the 75th and 81st minutes, after Keston Frontin opened the scoring for Guaya, on the hour-mark.

Osaze Springer was the goal-getter for Harlem, in the 76th.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA Statement on League of Champions
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2019, 05:18:14 PM »
TTFA Statement on League of Champions
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association President William Wallace and officials of the FA met with representatives of the clubs participating in the recently launched TTFA League of Champions at the Ato Boldon Stadium today.

Following cordial discussions, the TTFA advises that the following decisions were reached:
  • The TTFA is not in a position to support the running of the League after it was discovered that there is inadequate funding for this purpose.
  • The clubs have agreed to have the league condensed to one round with matches resuming on the  weekend of December 14th, with the clubs covering all costs incurred.
  • The withdrawal of the National Elite Under 15 Team.
  • The TTFA will launch a new League structure next year, subject to board approval.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2019, 05:32:44 AM »
I think most forumites felt that This DJW league was a vaps league in reaction to WW and Utd TTFA emergence for the just held election.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA: No $$ for League of Champions
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2019, 06:02:53 AM »
TTFA: No $$ for League of Champions
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

THE T&T Football Association (TTFA) has withdrawn its support from the League of Champions tournament, which was launched by former president David John-Williams last month.

This decision was made after a meeting, on Thursday, at the Ato Boldon Stadium, in Couva, between TTFA president William Wallace, TTFA officials and representatives of the participating clubs. According to a TTFA media release, “The TTFA is not in a position to support the running of the League after it was discovered that there is inadequate funding for this purpose.”

The media release continued, “The clubs have agreed to have the league condensed to one round with matches resuming on the weekend of December 14, with the clubs covering all costs incurred.” The League of Champions tournament was launched on November 4, at the Home of Football, Balmain, Couva. The inaugural event, which was initially set to run until April 12, featured a number of teams who either opted out of the 2019 Terminix Super League or were deemed non-compliant, as well as a National XI (TT Under-15 team).

Defence Force, Police, Matura ReUnited, Guaya United, Miscellaneous Laventille United, Moruga FC, Harlem Strikers, Central Soccer World and Marabella Family Crisis Centre and the Tobago-based pair of Youth Stars United and Tobago Phoenix are the other participating teams. The Under-15 team will no longer be a part of this event, while the TTFA plans to launch a new league structure in 2020, subject to board approval.

At the launch, then TTFA director of competitions, Sharon O’Brien, mentioned that each participating club will receive $51,200,which will be split into three parts: $25,600 (which was presented to the participants during the launch); $12,800 (during the midway point of the season); and the remaining sum (minus any fees incurred) at the end of the tournament. Asked if the influx of monies for this tournament came from the FIFA Forward Programme, Selby Browne, who chaired the launch, and who was an ally of ex-president David John-Williams, then replied, “The FIFA Forward Programme was a condition of the association receiving money from FIFA. That is TTFA’s money.

“When that money gets to the TTFA, it is the TTFA’s money to do what it says it will do. On an annual basis, each association will request from FIFA what its plans are.”

1]; } ?>