March 18, 2024, 09:36:40 PM

Author Topic: The Dictator has bid adieu, who will be our coach and what’s the shortlist?  (Read 15360 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Will be going for drinks tomorrow in celebration of the dictator riding out

However, we have serious business to handle..

- get rid of the current coach

- nullify those coaching contract extensions issued last night before the election

- give us a shortlist of coaches

Who will be our next coach, list your choices?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 08:07:34 PM by Controversial »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What a way for DJW to go. He spend around 4 years campaigning for, and building the Home of Football. And never get an opportunity to see it flourish under his control.. hah !

I want to see a pic of him cleaning out he office!

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Will be going for drinks tomorrow in celebration of the dictator riding out

However, we have serious business to handle..

- get rid of the current coach

- nullify those coaching contract extensions issued last night before the election

- give us a shortlist of coaches

Who will be our next coach, list your choices?
dirty nasty toxic move indeed, it’s reminiscent of what kamla and the PP did the day before the election of 2015 when they put a clause in the contract of the contractors who was building the highway to pt fortin claiming that the govt could not pursue the contractor for damages if they went bankrupt. this fat bastard should be pursued in court for obstruction. let see what kind of dirt dennis is made of, i already have lost all respect for russell latapy so come on dennis let’s see if you’ll still want to be coach after all this damage.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It is a pity we did not have a U-23 team to participate in the Olympic qualifications for Tokyo 2020.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 02:56:42 AM by Deeks »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We will never be able to qualify for another WC because we as a people are incapable of organisation.We should stick with Carnival,give some of those people who organize the biggest fete in the world,the chance to sort our football problems out.We now on par with India and they will soon pull away from us,just like the smaller islands are now doing.We are definitely 10 or 15 years behind the better teams in CONCACAF,Mr.Wallace say they planning for 2026,that is far fetched.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 10:06:13 AM by frico »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The new TTFA will first have to see DL's contract and view the stipulations because no one knows the terms of his contract. What if they let him go and have to pay him in excess of $10M in addition to what is owed to hart, Walkes, Corneal, etc. Hopefully not but just saying.
But to answer the question 1) Juan Carlos Osorio but I doubt we can entice him to leave his job with Nacional for this, 2) Hernan Gomez and 3) Sol Campbell.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The new TTFA will first have to see DL's contract and view the stipulations because no one knows the terms of his contract. What if they let him go and have to pay him in excess of $10M in addition to what is owed to hart, Walkes, Corneal, etc. Hopefully not but just saying.
But to answer the question 1) Juan Carlos Osorio but I doubt we can entice him to leave his job with Nacional for this, 2) Hernan Gomez and 3) Sol Campbell.

This isn't the context for Sol. Bollilo has question marks despite his experience with Panama. However, you'll be surprised to learn that Osorio might be available. Nacional drew their game yesterday and that was not enough to progress. At the post-match press conference Osorio left doubt as to whether he would stay at the club. That stated, I also don't know that he is the solution.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 10:43:57 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This isn't the context for Sol. Bollilo has question marks despite his experience with Panama. However, you'll be surprised to learn that Osorio might be available. Nacional drew their game yesterday and that was not enough to progress. At the post-match press conference Osorio left doubt as to whether he would stay at the club. That stated, I also don't know that he is the solution.
We may have to go with Angus Eve after all, Pull Stones will be delighted ;D

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile

All kinda waste ah time coach get NT wuk, as I told pullstones consecutive unbeaten SSFL runs says plenty, the overall level and standard notwithstanding also feel a bit of a clean slate is in order, dead wood to be cleared, new blood to be blooded etc etc etc
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 11:36:10 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

All kinda waste ah time coach get NT wuk, as I told pullstones consecutive unbeaten SSFL runs says plenty, the overall level and standard notwithstanding also feel a bit of a clean slate is in order, dead wood to be cleared, new blood to be blooded etc etc etc

There's a time for rectifying historical wrongs but this moment may not be THE moment for that.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

There's a time for rectifying historical wrongs but this moment may not be THE moment for that.
U20/U23 would be my preference if I were to be honest and consider 2022 a BIT of ah writeoff, I am not sayin abandon it as much as don't be disappointed if we fail given the predicament
I pity the fool....

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Who in your opinion is a viable candidate that's available at this time?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Depends who’s available

Imo no one aligned to our rivals, or coached for them... Hart first if he still wants it, why not Nakhid or Fenwick

And if none of them are interested, we should go for a coach who has an attacking style of football, a coach like Zidane tbh

Wenger is the only manager who I would take a risk on who hasn’t coached a national team

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
https://youtu.be/PR61PLqPAAA

I almost dead.. He was riding on this to win the election.

I see a video of DJW after the defeat. It sounds as if he took his defeat like a man. He said that he'll be focusing on running his business and W Connection. Looks as if his reign has officially come to the end.. his reign is nothing more than the proverbial "footnote in history".

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

So far ah only know who ah would say no to. :) But, I think the coach should (1) be coaching currently or only briefly out of a job (2) be chosen for his tactical disposition, flexibility and sophistication rather than his name (3) be a good teacher, messenger and motivator (4) be demonstrably adept, via his body of work, in having had teams that have mastered the tactical areas in which we are deficient (5) has historically had an ambitious selection policy supported by evidence.

The rest I will  :-X

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

So far ah only know who ah would say no to. :) But, I think the coach should (1) be coaching currently or only briefly out of a job (2) be chosen for his tactical disposition, flexibility and sophistication rather than his name (3) be a good teacher, messenger and motivator (4) be demonstrably adept, via his body of work, in having had teams that have mastered the tactical areas in which we are deficient (5) has historically had an ambitious selection policy supported by evidence.

Mauricio Pochettino fits the description.....but too bad he won't even consider this job lol
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 03:37:24 PM by soccerman »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Depends who’s available

Imo no one aligned to our rivals, or coached for them... Hart first if he still wants it, why not Nakhid or Fenwick

And if none of them are interested, we should go for a coach who has an attacking style of football, a coach like Zidane tbh

Wenger is the only manager who I would take a risk on who hasn’t coached a national team
What if Hart is under contract with Halifax? Also Wenger just took up a technical director job with FIFA, he may be quite content with that.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Mauricio Pochettino fits the description.....but too bad he won't even consider this job lol

I was thinking mauby moreso than champagne.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Is not like we qualifying for 2022 WC

And is not like we qualifying for the next Gold Cup either

So no sense in looking to break bank further to hire a "name" coach

In the overall scheme of things, the Mens National Football team is NOT A PRIORITY AT THIS TIME

Instead.....focus on getting Pro League or whatever it's called and clubs that compete there functional, competitive, and administratively competent.   

Identify and then develop young talent countrywide....and the country includes BOTH islands.....to feed into those Pro League teams

Hire a local coach and staff who have the communication, management, and technical skills to work with young players to form a nucleus or core of the National team going forward

Play that core as much as possible and that becomes your Mens National team for future Gold Cups and World Cups.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

In the overall scheme of things, the Mens National Football team is NOT A PRIORITY AT THIS TIME

Instead.....focus on getting Pro League or whatever it's called and clubs that compete there functional, competitive, and administratively competent.   

Identify and then develop young talent countrywide....and the country includes BOTH islands.....to feed into those Pro League teams

Hire a local coach and staff who have the communication, management, and technical skills to work with young players to form a nucleus or core of the National team going forward

Play that core as much as possible and that becomes your Mens National team for future Gold Cups and World Cups.

I so agree. DJW ain't taking the TTFA debt with him. Firing Lawrence will be adding to that, Hart,Corneal,Walkes, Completion of Home of Football, other payments and other National teams, promised tournaments. We have to await to hear what Wallace and company find in the vault. I suspect we drinking sugar water for a few years well. Then again, they probably not typical Trinis and could work magic.  Unless yuh get a volunteer coach, a la Waldrum, who btw, willing to take cuss, when he can't turn water into wine or wuk some obeah on opposing teams, the new TTFA right now floating on a log in the Bocas, surrounded by the usual sharks. Maybe some cash will atypically fall out the sky or show up in the backseat of some car. Yuh never know. 

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This is why DL's contract should not have gone beyond either Election Day or the end of last week's FIFA window.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

this, stated such as well
I pity the fool....

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Agreed. People calling for big coach...we can barely even pay for local coaches, how we going to pay for that? The federation and by extension football itself is in crisis. At this point asset allocation is critically important. Wallace has to perform very delicate economic triage to bring the FA back towards health.  Whatever little money we scrape together would yield far greater dividends if we rebuilt from the ground up.

Blowing operational budget on a 'big' coach with the general calibre of our current core and bench players is folly. We barely made it to Germany on the strength of one of the greatest teams in our history. There are no short cuts. TTFA must simply roll up its sleeves and begin  producing players that are competitive in CONCACAF.   

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

He's due a youth national team post

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Depends who’s available

Shooting for the heavens there....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Agreed. People calling for big coach...we can barely even pay for local coaches, how we going to pay for that? The federation and by extension football itself is in crisis. At this point asset allocation is critically important. Wallace has to perform very delicate economic triage to bring the FA back towards health.  Whatever little money we scrape together would yield far greater dividends if we rebuilt from the ground up.

Blowing operational budget on a 'big' coach with the general calibre of our current core and bench players is folly. We barely made it to Germany on the strength of one of the greatest teams in our history. There are no short cuts. TTFA must simply roll up its sleeves and begin  producing players that are competitive in CONCACAF.   

TT never lacked money, those debts are nothing in comparison to what is wasted and gambled and siphoned in TT... the govt should do a bail out and the rest will have to be handled by the ttfa ...

We need a great coach and we shouldn’t give up on the wc ... why?

Why can’t we do both, develop and try to qualify?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

TT never lacked money, those debts are nothing in comparison to what is wasted and gambled and siphoned in TT... the govt should do a bail out and the rest will have to be handled by the ttfa ...

We need a great coach and we shouldn’t give up on the wc ... wh

everyones calling for Lawrence’s head but yet they’re saying how we don't need a good coach,I wish you people would make up your minds about what you really want because none of these teams are in it to lose, and as for lawrence I ant see this federation continuing with him, not after his record, and I don’t think the players wants to play for him anyway. we need a good coach and we need at least try to qualify for the gold cup and the world cup no matter what.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
We got relegated...how can we still qualify for both the GC 2020 and WC 2022?
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We got relegated...how can we still qualify for both the GC 2020 and WC 2022?

GC:

Although we have been relegated, we have progressed to the second bite of the 🍒 which takes place in June next year. This privilege was granted to all 3rd place (last place really) teams from Nations League A. The opponents are to yet to be determined but they will emerge from March 2020 matches involving teams from Nations League B* and C. That's the business ahead.

* Actual B participants this year, not those who were relegated into B.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:57:54 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

We need a great coach and we shouldn’t give up on the wc ... why?

As much as I want progress, I can't agree to a government bailout. Neither should the taxpayers-fans.

1]; } ?>