March 18, 2024, 09:06:15 PM

Author Topic: The Dictator has bid adieu, who will be our coach and what’s the shortlist?  (Read 15358 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
SH sabotaged he own self when he came down to TT and try to play that same old backward English football that they play in Canada.
Hart did not implement an English brand with T&T, that's not his philosophy. Even with KJ as the forward we didn't play an English brand.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
SH sabotaged he own self when he came down to TT and try to play that same old backward English football that they play in Canada.
Hart did not implement an English brand with T&T, that's not his philosophy. Even with KJ as the forward we didn't play an English brand.

Exactly  :beermug:

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I think winning any competition in football is generally difficult. I understand why you might think that SSFL and the like don't prepare the same, but are we going to get someone who has won a top-tier professional league? It'd be interesting to find out exactly what competitions any of our NT managers have ever won?

Vranes seems to be competent at whatever he puts his hand to in T&T football - he did well at Central in his many roles and did well for the NT.

I don't think Vranes is the right man for the job. I don't know which team he coaches. Maybe QPCC?  I just don't know. I saw him with the TT team in Richmond. They were preparing for that same Shell cup in JA. The played  the US B team and loss 1-0. They had a small reception for them and he spoke very briefly. He appeared to be a soft spoken guy. Did not know how to asses him. But then a week later, to my surprise I read that they won the cup. But it appears like one minutes he is JW good books, next min. he is out. I think he coached St. Vincent, and probably Antigua and Grenada. I am not really sure. Then he dabble with almost every pro-league club in TT. You all may not like it but he has plenty local and regional bona fides. he has been in the Caribbean for more than 20 years.

But, WW and team will have to make the assessment on who the next coach will be. We don't know the intricacies of DL contract with TTFA/Concacaf/FIFA. In my honest opinion I don't see any local coach that I will feel comfortable with at this time. Angus might be the only one. He is young and vibrant. He probably has  a "football head". But that head is coaching schools boys. Coach "independent" adults is a different thing.

If TTFA decide to go foreign, what will they want him to do? Just coach the team for the next GC, and/or also do some serious developmental with the U-17s, U-19s, U-23s. Will they want him to do technical duties or hire a separate coach. Most of the coaches I see allyuh mentioned will only be in TT for carnival or a weekend in Tobago. We have gotten some good foreign coaches before. And we have been burnt by some foreign coaches. I really don't know of any foreign I can confidently say, "pick he". So that is my 2 cent.
I was at a game in Richmond VA were TT loss 1-0 to a U S A Olympic team back 1995 while I was disappointed I realize that Z Vanes uses friendly's to look at players I don't see Z Vanes as a long term solution for TT football but short term he can help. TT does not have the money to pay a big name coach that people here pushing for so they have to get a coach that is willing to work with them .

DL should not be allowed to coach another game its a waist of time he is doing the same thing SH did TT needs a coach who is going to give players like J Garcia M W Ling M P Angeron K Julien C Benny  etc international games so they can develop there games so they can get a chance to go and play in much better leagues or else they go end up playing in leagues like I league USL and CPL Z Vanes is the 1 that gave players like A Dwarika E Wise S John and A Elcock there break so he will give these young guys there break they need to get to the 2022 playoff game so they can be ready for 2026.

You’re a fool, Hart and DL are not in the same category, Hart took us to one of our best rankings in history and was sabotaged... DL was not sabotaged, he went along with the sabotage

Stop talking that nonsense on here like people dumb enough to go along with those lies

Your daddy the dictator sabotaged him and gave that sell out DL a lot of support in the beginning... what football you think you’re boy DL was playing?

Hart was playing a mix of styles tbh as Beenie pointed out, he was ultra ambitious with his style of play

Gtfoh with that nonsense you’re talking
Both DL and SH does play English football DL look better when he had them English men on his technical staff but once they left it was all downhill both of them is just not good enough to coach at the international level.

Hart watches la liga etc wth are going with this only English ball he watches, you’re making things up as you go along, TT played attacking football, not that bs DL was playing
Dude watching la liga is not going to make somebody all of a sudden start to play good football like they play in  la liga that's something you have to train for you spending to much time with that  sensimania girl the reality is TT football system was built from English football Canadian football were SH was trained was built from  English football so you see the apple didn't fall far from the three.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
I think winning any competition in football is generally difficult. I understand why you might think that SSFL and the like don't prepare the same, but are we going to get someone who has won a top-tier professional league? It'd be interesting to find out exactly what competitions any of our NT managers have ever won?

Vranes seems to be competent at whatever he puts his hand to in T&T football - he did well at Central in his many roles and did well for the NT.

I don't think Vranes is the right man for the job. I don't know which team he coaches. Maybe QPCC?  I just don't know. I saw him with the TT team in Richmond. They were preparing for that same Shell cup in JA. The played  the US B team and loss 1-0. They had a small reception for them and he spoke very briefly. He appeared to be a soft spoken guy. Did not know how to asses him. But then a week later, to my surprise I read that they won the cup. But it appears like one minutes he is JW good books, next min. he is out. I think he coached St. Vincent, and probably Antigua and Grenada. I am not really sure. Then he dabble with almost every pro-league club in TT. You all may not like it but he has plenty local and regional bona fides. he has been in the Caribbean for more than 20 years.

But, WW and team will have to make the assessment on who the next coach will be. We don't know the intricacies of DL contract with TTFA/Concacaf/FIFA. In my honest opinion I don't see any local coach that I will feel comfortable with at this time. Angus might be the only one. He is young and vibrant. He probably has  a "football head". But that head is coaching schools boys. Coach "independent" adults is a different thing.

If TTFA decide to go foreign, what will they want him to do? Just coach the team for the next GC, and/or also do some serious developmental with the U-17s, U-19s, U-23s. Will they want him to do technical duties or hire a separate coach. Most of the coaches I see allyuh mentioned will only be in TT for carnival or a weekend in Tobago. We have gotten some good foreign coaches before. And we have been burnt by some foreign coaches. I really don't know of any foreign I can confidently say, "pick he". So that is my 2 cent.
I was at a game in Richmond VA were TT loss 1-0 to a U S A Olympic team back 1995 while I was disappointed I realize that Z Vanes uses friendly's to look at players I don't see Z Vanes as a long term solution for TT football but short term he can help. TT does not have the money to pay a big name coach that people here pushing for so they have to get a coach that is willing to work with them .

DL should not be allowed to coach another game its a waist of time he is doing the same thing SH did TT needs a coach who is going to give players like J Garcia M W Ling M P Angeron K Julien C Benny  etc international games so they can develop there games so they can get a chance to go and play in much better leagues or else they go end up playing in leagues like I league USL and CPL Z Vanes is the 1 that gave players like A Dwarika E Wise S John and A Elcock there break so he will give these young guys there break they need to get to the 2022 playoff game so they can be ready for 2026.

You’re a fool, Hart and DL are not in the same category, Hart took us to one of our best rankings in history and was sabotaged... DL was not sabotaged, he went along with the sabotage

Stop talking that nonsense on here like people dumb enough to go along with those lies

Your daddy the dictator sabotaged him and gave that sell out DL a lot of support in the beginning... what football you think you’re boy DL was playing?

Hart was playing a mix of styles tbh as Beenie pointed out, he was ultra ambitious with his style of play

Both DL and SH does play English football DL look better when he had them English men on his technical staff but once they left it was all downhill both of them is just not good enough to coach at the international level.

Hart watches la liga etc wth are going with this only English ball he watches, you’re making things up as you go along, TT played attacking football, not that bs DL was playing
Dude watching la liga is not going to make somebody all of a sudden start to play good football like they play in  la liga that's something you have to train for you spending to much time with that  sensimania girl the reality is TT football system was built from English football Canadian football were SH was trained was built from  English football so you see the apple didn't fall far from the three.

You don’t know the man and what you were seeing wasn’t typical English football ... so no one knows wth you’re talking about

You’re jealous, saw the same thing with others like corneal etc

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

You don’t know the man and what you were seeing wasn’t typical English football ... so no one knows wth you’re talking about

You’re jealous, saw the same thing with others like corneal etc
Dude even Stevie Wonder could see SH does play English football get over it.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I'm English, he didn't play typical English football. Stereotypical English football is tough tackling, quick counter-attacking football, with a reliance on direct, quick play to the wings and typically the use of two strikers.

His play was slower, often used a single striker, and emphasised winning in midfield if I remember correctly.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I'm English, he didn't play typical English football. Stereotypical English football is tough tackling, quick counter-attacking football, with a reliance on direct, quick play to the wings and typically the use of two strikers.

His play was slower, often used a single striker, and emphasised winning in midfield if I remember correctly.
you have time with that troll? ffisback is a town crier and nothing more.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hart did not play the typical English style. It was a mixture. Tiresais is correct to a point. We did play that type of game, but not all the time. We were passing the ball around very good also. But Panama was one team that upset our rhythm in the GC. They "roughed up" our players and never let them get into their type of game. We should have won that game. Maybe the guys were mentally tired. I don't know.

But the final nail in the coffin for Steven was the lost to Haiti in Panama. That was the game to the Conmebol tournament. Our guys were not mentally into that game. We did not have KJ. But we should not have  mattered. Maybe Steven did not get his message accross to the guys, or they thought that they could have got by Haiti. I think the players underestimated Haiti. That lost pissed of JW. He wanted let go SH from the beginning. But that would have back fired. So the lost to Haiti was the right time.

I know why we lost the game. We were inactive for about 6 weeks between the GC and the game against Haiti. For a team like Trini, that is too long. Too much time for the players(especially the ones at home) not playing constant football. Hart should have gotten JW to arrange 2 games  for the locals to keep them in some kind of shape. But the gulf be DJW and SH was as wide as Paria. he was already hell bent on sacking Steven.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:39:54 PM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

'Twas definitely slower. ✔

Frequent use of a single striker. ✔

Less conclusive regarding the emphasis on winning the ball in the midfield, although there was probably some variance between the theoretical expectation and what actually happened.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:35:28 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Add to this re: English traits ... an emphasis on the delivery of crosses and an under-reliance on deliberately generating/provoking deadball situations.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:52:08 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Dictator has bid adieu, who will be our coach and what’s the shortlist?
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2019, 08:06:16 AM »
Hart did not play the typical English style. It was a mixture. Tiresais is correct to a point. We did play that type of game, but not all the time. We were passing the ball around very good also. But Panama was one team that upset our rhythm in the GC. They "roughed up" our players and never let them get into their type of game. We should have won that game. Maybe the guys were mentally tired. I don't know.

But the final nail in the coffin for Steven was the lost to Haiti in Panama. That was the game to the Conmebol tournament. Our guys were not mentally into that game. We did not have KJ. But we should not have  mattered. Maybe Steven did not get his message accross to the guys, or they thought that they could have got by Haiti. I think the players underestimated Haiti. That lost pissed of JW. He wanted let go SH from the beginning. But that would have back fired. So the lost to Haiti was the right time.

I know why we lost the game. We were inactive for about 6 weeks between the GC and the game against Haiti. For a team like Trini, that is too long. Too much time for the players(especially the ones at home) not playing constant football. Hart should have gotten JW to arrange 2 games  for the locals to keep them in some kind of shape. But the gulf be DJW and SW was as wide as Paria. he was already hell bent on sacking Steven.

Spot on, the infiltration of the dressing room by DJW had started as well, sigh, I reminisce I reminisce
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2019, 11:02:14 AM »

Playing slower or with 1 striker doesn't change the fact that he was still playing English football it maybe a broken down version but it is still the same crap.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2019, 11:09:51 AM »

Playing slower or with 1 striker doesn't change the fact that he was still playing English football it maybe a broken down version but it is still the same crap.

Ok, so Vranes it is. Who should be on his technical staff? And could you use the forum graphics to give us a sense of what a Vranes XI would look like in 4-4-2? Pick de players that will deliver us from pestilence.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 11:12:20 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2019, 11:18:55 AM »

I know why we lost the game. We were inactive for about 6 weeks between the GC and the game against Haiti. For a team like Trini, that is too long. Too much time for the players(especially the ones at home) not playing constant football. Hart should have gotten JW to arrange 2 games  for the locals to keep them in some kind of shape. But the gulf be DJW and SW was as wide as Paria. he was already hell bent on sacking Steven.
SH had turn TT into a set play team TT had become like Gareth Southgate team in England our attack had become predictable .
SH had lost all the important games that he played the problem was DJW waited to long to fire him.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2019, 12:10:10 PM »

Ok, so Vranes it is. Who should be on his technical staff? And could you use the forum graphics to give us a sense of what a Vranes XI would look like in 4-4-2? Pick de players that will deliver us from pestilence.
this is why I don’t contend with this troll. you just presented a very progressive argument yet he responds to a frugal errant discussion that has no depth. who cares what brand hart played he’s gone, the question is what does vranes bring to the table that warrant him a second look? now watch how this troll dances around the issue. my word some people are like flies, their only purpose in life is to bug the hell out of others.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 01:17:23 PM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2019, 01:04:41 PM »
Come ffisback, give us something to work with. You already called some names. Flesh out an XI and a bench.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2019, 01:20:09 PM »
Come ffisback, give us something to work with. You already called some names. Flesh out an XI and a bench.
he can’t and he won’t, and if he does try a thing it would lack substance as he always does, and why would anything he propose have substance when his only reason for being here is to provoke responses?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2019, 07:28:27 PM »
We have dissected Steve Hart's ability to the nth degree, and to be honest most or all of us have never spent a day with the man.  So I accidentally bounce up a video of him in the national team's preparation for the game against Mex. in Utah a couple years ago. That game had me believing that we were about to turn the proverbial corner unto the straight road of success. Not knowing the entire straight road would be full of potholes until the very end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMpN4gPUo58
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:30:01 PM by Deeks »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2019, 03:23:40 AM »

I know why we lost the game. We were inactive for about 6 weeks between the GC and the game against Haiti. For a team like Trini, that is too long. Too much time for the players(especially the ones at home) not playing constant football. Hart should have gotten JW to arrange 2 games  for the locals to keep them in some kind of shape. But the gulf be DJW and SH was as wide as Paria. he was already hell bent on sacking Steven.

Cummings got shot and that put a bad damper on the team as well, Djw also started the sabotage and meddling, in addition to inactivity, number of factors went into that, Djw started whispering in players ears as well

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2019, 03:36:10 AM »
We have dissected Steve Hart's ability to the nth degree, and to be honest most or all of us have never spent a day with the man.  So I accidentally bounce up a video of him in the national team's preparation for the game against Mex. in Utah a couple years ago. That game had me believing that we were about to turn the proverbial corner unto the straight road of success. Not knowing the entire straight road would be full of potholes until the very end.

They sent in Djw the sell out to sabotage us, couldn’t have a strong TT team bc that would mean a guaranteed spot and elite teams in the region wouldn’t enjoy that

So sabotage them and get rid of Hart ....

People don’t understand how political it is and based on betting etc
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 04:28:17 AM by Controversial »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2019, 03:53:26 AM »

"Not playing English football doesn't change the fact he was still playing English Football"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2019, 04:20:03 AM »

They sent in Djw the sell out to sabotage us, couldn’t have a strong TT team bc that would mean a guaranteed spot and elite teams in the region

People don’t understand who political it is and based on betting etc

Breds, we have argued about this conspiracy thing, sometimes vehemently. The way things worked out, it has made you appeared to be an f-----g genius. Makes  me want to nominated you for both the Nobel and IgNobel prizes for conspiracy theories. But again, i eh fallin for those theories. Because as they say "God is Trini",  and We all know a Trini man can't be that stupid. Right forum ? !!??
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 04:35:44 AM by Deeks »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2019, 04:32:53 AM »

They sent in Djw the sell out to sabotage us, couldn’t have a strong TT team bc that would mean a guaranteed spot and elite teams in the region

Breds, we have argued about this conspiracy thing, sometimes vehemently. The way things worked out, it has made you appeared to be an f-----g genius. Makes  me want to nominated for both the Nobel and IgNobel prizes for conspiracy theories. But again, i eh fallin for those theories. Because as they say "God is Trini",  and We all know a Trini man can't be that stupid. Right forum ? !!??

Stay naive brother, i won’t, I know what’s going on in world football, most don’t, they think it’s all based on talent and the most talented win and progress... that’s an illusion, I don’t buy into illusions, I use my god given iq and intelligence, which happens to be at genius level since I was tested in uni... don’t need awards, just people to be awakened

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2019, 04:41:06 AM »

Breds, we have argued about this conspiracy thing, sometimes vehemently. The way things worked out, it has made you appeared to be an f-----g genius. Makes  me want to nominated for both the Nobel and IgNobel prizes for conspiracy theories. But again, i eh fallin for those theories. Because as they say "God is Trini",  and We all know a Trini man can't be that stupid. Right forum ? !!??

Stay naive brother, i won’t, I know what’s going on in world football, most don’t, they think it’s all based on talent and the most talented win and progress... that’s an illusion, I don’t buy into illusions, I use my god given iq and intelligence, which happens to be at genius level since I was tested in uni... don’t need awards, just people to be awakened

You do realize when I say "We all know a Trini man can't be that stupid". I am also trying to be sarcastic.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2019, 08:53:16 AM »
Very stable genius  ::)
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2019, 05:28:46 PM »
Truth and honey doh spoil...mmmmm...  :rotfl: :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2019, 10:16:47 PM »

Who are you again? Refresh our memory the last time you said anything remotely insightful?  :flamethrower:

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2019, 07:04:08 AM »
does his first name happened to be leo by chance, as in leo marvin?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2019, 05:47:30 PM »
Like I said, everything will come to pass...

1]; } ?>