March 18, 2024, 08:44:38 PM

Author Topic: The Dictator has bid adieu, who will be our coach and what’s the shortlist?  (Read 15356 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is not like we qualifying for 2022 WC

And is not like we qualifying for the next Gold Cup either

So no sense in looking to break bank further to hire a "name" coach

In the overall scheme of things, the Mens National Football team is NOT A PRIORITY AT THIS TIME

Instead.....focus on getting Pro League or whatever it's called and clubs that compete there functional, competitive, and administratively competent.   

Identify and then develop young talent countrywide....and the country includes BOTH islands.....to feed into those Pro League teams

Hire a local coach and staff who have the communication, management, and technical skills to work with young players to form a nucleus or core of the National team going forward

Play that core as much as possible and that becomes your Mens National team for future Gold Cups and World Cups.

Agreed. People calling for big coach...we can barely even pay for local coaches, how we going to pay for that? The federation and by extension football itself is in crisis. At this point asset allocation is critically important. Wallace has to perform very delicate economic triage to bring the FA back towards health.  Whatever little money we scrape together would yield far greater dividends if we rebuilt from the ground up.

Blowing operational budget on a 'big' coach with the general calibre of our current core and bench players is folly. We barely made it to Germany on the strength of one of the greatest teams in our history. There are no short cuts. TTFA must simply roll up its sleeves and begin  producing players that are competitive in CONCACAF.   

TT never lacked money, those debts are nothing in comparison to what is wasted and gambled and siphoned in TT... the govt should do a bail out and the rest will have to be handled by the ttfa ...

We need a great coach and we shouldn’t give up on the wc ... why?

Why can’t we do both, develop and try to qualify?

As much as I want progress, I can't agree to a government bailout. Neither should the taxpayers-fans.

Asylum, ditto. How can people want the govt to bail out TTFA when the govt trying very hard not to enter into an IMF agreement for an economic bailout. If TT govt has money as Contro inferred, you think they would not have don't it. Previous govts have done a lot for sports. All the physical infrastructure is there. Now we want the govt to fund operational budgets. What the govt giveth, it taketh. If the govt demand so and so, FIFA crying foul. No govt interference. As much as I want he TTFA debt gone(my close friend is tied up with a TTFA contract), we can't saddle them with the folly of the past TTFA administrations(DJW being the elephant in the room).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 06:30:20 AM by Deeks »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

In the overall scheme of things, the Mens National Football team is NOT A PRIORITY AT THIS TIME

Instead.....focus on getting Pro League or whatever it's called and clubs that compete there functional, competitive, and administratively competent.   

Identify and then develop young talent countrywide....and the country includes BOTH islands.....to feed into those Pro League teams

Hire a local coach and staff who have the communication, management, and technical skills to work with young players to form a nucleus or core of the National team going forward

Play that core as much as possible and that becomes your Mens National team for future Gold Cups and World Cups.

Agreed. People calling for big coach...we can barely even pay for local coaches, how we going to pay for that? The federation and by extension football itself is in crisis. At this point asset allocation is critically important. Wallace has to perform very delicate economic triage to bring the FA back towards health.  Whatever little money we scrape together would yield far greater dividends if we rebuilt from the ground up.

Blowing operational budget on a 'big' coach with the general calibre of our current core and bench players is folly. We barely made it to Germany on the strength of one of the greatest teams in our history. There are no short cuts. TTFA must simply roll up its sleeves and begin  producing players that are competitive in CONCACAF.   

TT never lacked money, those debts are nothing in comparison to what is wasted and gambled and siphoned in TT... the govt should do a bail out and the rest will have to be handled by the ttfa ...

As much as I want progress, I can't agree to a government bailout. Neither should the taxpayers-fans.

I understand your point brother, but who in reality will be paying these bills?

A private company? Sponsorship money that should be allocated to the national teams?

The people are TT citizens who are owed this money, so the govt should step in, bc they have wasted and stolen much money over the decades that didn’t go to progressing anything in TT society.

The govt should step in and handle it and let our football start with a clean slate, one exception can be made and they should investigate the dictator for fraud and other charges that pertain to what he did... but that won’t  happen bc TT too damn corrupt and greedy

And it’s not to say that we don’t have the money, bc we do and we can

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Asylum, ditto. How can people want the govt to bail out TTFA when the govt trying very hard not to enter into an IMF agreement for an economic bailout. If TT govt has money as Contro inferred, you think they would not have don't it. Previous govts have done a lot for sports. All the physical infrastructure is there. Now we want the govt to fund operational budgets. What the govt giveth, it taketh. If the govt demand so and so, FIFA crying foul. No govt interference. As much as I want he TTFA debt gone(my close friend is tied up with a TTFA contract), we can't saddle them with the folly of the past TTFA administrations(DJW being the elephant in the room).

Not govt interference bc they will allocate funds to ttfa to pay the parties owed

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I understand your point brother, but who in reality will be paying these bills?

A private company? Sponsorship money that should be allocated to the national teams?

The people are TT citizens who are owed this money, so the govt should step in, bc they have wasted and stolen much money over the decades that didn’t go to progressing anything in TT society.

The govt should step in and handle it and let our football start with a clean slate, one exception can be made and they should investigate the dictator for fraud and other charges that pertain to what he did... but that won’t  happen bc TT too damn corrupt and greedy

And it’s not to say that we don’t have the money, bc we do and we can

As much as I wanted the dictator to go, what will warrant investigating him? If there is evidence that he did do something illegal or unethical, then I agree. I just saying this because it wouldn't be fair to the man if he was abiding by all the rules .. then suddenly he has these accusations and investigations to fight. Especially if he might be innocent. . Despite that, I think that the TTFA should go through everything with a fine tooth comb. And if there is evidence of any wrong doing, then they should do what needs to be done.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Illegal or unethical? Is there such a thing as an ethical dictator?

I wish Lasana would write an article that chronicles all the man's missteps and folly so that there's a singular article that details the ignorance in one document. People tend to forget things and others like to rewrite history in their defense.

Other than that, I would be happy to stop calling or hearing his name ... but I have three post-scripts of my own that I think require treatment despite his departure. Once I address each one, that will be that and fire bun.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 03:28:15 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

At this stage the greatest challenge facing T&T football is a failure to consistently deliver a CONCACAF contender on the field at any age/gender group. We can't even deliver a CFU contender. This is not a coaching issue. Its a deeper reflection of management (in)competence, low morale, almost non-existent ethical standards, and poor organizational planning. These are issues related to asset allocation choices and not issues a national coach can resolve.

Hart was a great coach for us. But he took a side whose core players (Cyrus, Molino, Hyland, Curtis Gonzalez, Bateau, Miekeil Williams, Aubrey David) who had already been to one or two youth world cups. Who will replace Joevin Jones, Molino, and Hyland in the midfield? If Cyrus, Williams, Bateau etc are flawed, which young players are better? Name the next generation team capable of beating a USMNT or running with Mexico...in Mexico. Then tell me how your coach of choice can realistically repeat Hart's success with that lack of depth. 

We all wish we could hire the best coach while simultaneously building the best developmental program in CONCACAF. But at this point, can our our finances allow us to do either, far less both?

Yes TTFA should incorporate solid PLANs for both long and short term successes. But spending money to execute those plans is a whole other story.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

At this stage the greatest challenge facing T&T football is a failure to consistently deliver a CONCACAF contender on the field at any age/gender group. We can't even deliver a CFU contender. This is not a coaching issue. Its a deeper reflection of management (in)competence, low morale, almost non-existent ethical standards, and poor organizational planning. These are issues related to asset allocation choices and not issues a national coach can resolve.

Hart was a great coach for us. But he took a side whose core players (Cyrus, Molino, Hyland, Curtis Gonzalez, Bateau, Miekeil Williams, Aubrey David) who had already been to one or two youth world cups. Who will replace Joevin Jones, Molino, and Hyland in the midfield? If Cyrus, Williams, Bateau etc are flawed, which young players are better? Name the next generation team capable of beating a USMNT or running with Mexico...in Mexico. Then tell me how your coach of choice can realistically repeat Hart's success with that lack of depth. 

We all wish we could hire the best coach while simultaneously building the best developmental program in CONCACAF. But at this point, can our our finances allow us to do either, far less both?

Yes TTFA should incorporate solid PLANs for both long and short term successes. But spending money to execute those plans is a whole other story.

It can if we substitute "optimal" for "best".

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I hope the does not go in the direction it can.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2019/11/26/exclusive-banned-warner-lobbied-new-ttfa-chief-wallace-now-seeks-payment/

Apparently Warner's endorsement and lobbying for the United TTFA might be a breach on his conditions. The article is also suggesting that Warner's involvement might be enough to void the results of the recent TTFA election.

FIFA was present during the elections. So if Warner was there, FIFA would have taken action by now.. so I dont know what to believe.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 09:30:29 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

SOme great points which I agree with and also feel the same way.

But we have the talent to beat the US and play with Mexico on an equal level...

But those players were:

1. Not being selected bc our team was being sabotaged
2. Players were not paid well or on time
3. They fired our best coach and didn’t give him the support he needed
4. Spiteful and corrupt admin

Jones, Garcia, garcia etc are all still available and will perform extremely well under the right coach. For example we just saw powder get ignored and many other players like ranjitsingh who is in essence our best keeper outside of the other player who’s name escapes me from Europe ...

We haven’t seen our best team or best coach with the support around the coach, without being sabotaged, so we can’t say we don’t have depth... we have immense talent, but it’s  not being selected or coached well or given the environment to perform and worse yet, identifying talent and selecting that talent

Tbh the bail out is our only option, it will right the wrong and start fresh... that way we will then have the ability with sponsors, investors etc that will be able to fund that budget to compete and give us the chance for the wc and also development.

If Hart doesn’t want it and can’t leave Halifax... it will have to be Nakhid or Fenwick... I’m not convinced with eve

Outside of them, we will have to search for a coach and weigh it from there, I have a list but you never know who ttfa will pull out of their hat..

We have to see how Wallace operates... whoever it is, needs to have a full list of our players, and try out all of the ones that are not on the radar and they haven’t seen live... we have tremendous depth but it takes time to find it and scout it and try them out..

Tallman and flex over the years have that list and always add to it, so I highly doubt we are short on talent from what I have read, seen and know

« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 09:50:42 PM by Controversial »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2019/11/26/exclusive-banned-warner-lobbied-new-ttfa-chief-wallace-now-seeks-payment/

Apparently Warner's endorsement and lobbying for the United TTFA might be a breach on his conditions. The article is also suggesting that Warner's involvement might be enough to void the results of the recent TTFA election.

FIFA was present during the elections. So if Warner was there, FIFA would have taken action by now.. so I dont know what to believe.

Alleged, gop?

gop, take a deep breath. Of course Warner was not at the HoF. Why would that thought come to mind?

This is just another manifestation of clutching at straws. You think DJW left the HoF early to wash wares? Not that he is the source of this mischief. That honor lies elsewhere methinks.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 09:54:42 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Alleged, gop?

gop, take a deep breath. Of course Warner was not at the HoF. Why would that thought come to mind?

This is just another manifestation of clutching at straws. You think DJW left the HoF early to wash wares? Not that he is the source of this mischief. That honor lies elsewhere methinks.

An enemy of an enemy is a friend...

They trying a thing, they also don’t want TT football to thrive, poses a threat to the so called elite teams

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Alleged, gop?

alas the dirt has surfaced. I was waiting patiently for this and knew that the fat boss like Trump wasn’t going to walk away gracefully. the mare fact that he signed new contracts on the eve of the election is testament that this bloke wants to wreck football even in his absence.

sometimes I have to wonder if contro was right about him getting paid to doom our football, or else why would every team falter under his leadership? i really can’t handle trinidadians and their love for confusion. the pnm won the last election and it wasn’t even a week when the unc questioned the EBC and took them to court and queried four marginal seats , we qualify for a world cup and bahrain protest the results and so on, everything in that country is a rigmarole.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Optimal can be a dangerous word.  If we seek optimal results, with a benchmark of being competitive in the next Gold cup quarter final, how much  money are you willing to redirect from development needs to pay for the calibre of coach we need to hit that benchmark?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Alleged, gop?

Yes. It does seem like a last hurrah by DJW.

My question is whether or not Jack was there. They said he was celebrating with the president after the election.

We'll see if this is just hot air. I did say that DJW seemed to walk away gracefully.. but it was a bit too graceful. Which leads me to think what I originally thought of his departure.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Optimal can be a dangerous word.  If we seek optimal results, with a benchmark of being competitive in the next Gold cup quarter final, how much  money are you willing to redirect from development needs to pay for the calibre of coach we need to hit that benchmark?

None. There's an optimal GC budget and an optimal development package. Side by side. Whatever coach fits within that parameter. The coach to fit the suit, not the suit to fit the coach.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 10:41:34 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

If Hart doesn’t want it and can’t leave Halifax... it will have to be Nakhid or Fenwick... I’m not convinced with eve

Outside of them, we will have to search for a coach and weigh it from there, I have a list but you never know who ttfa will pull out of their hat..

We have to see how Wallace operates... whoever it is, needs to have a full list of our players, and try out all of the ones that are not on the radar and they haven’t seen live... we have tremendous depth but it takes time to find it and scout it and try them out..

Ok I could get down with that. Some people will run down our players for having no talent, then bawl for a big name coach. It takes years of hard work to develop a decent player. A national team coach only works with the final product.  They can't convert lead to gold.

Eve, Fenwick and coaches like Streete, Dada etc, have had good results with youth development, precisely (IMO) the direction we need to go. These guys are calculated risk takers. They are not shy to drop non-performers and put hungry players to the test. Fenwick used to have boys fresh from SSLF with mothers milk still on their face running rings around hardback pro-league players. Playing in the 2008-2009 superleague against grown men helped gel the 2009 world cup squad together, as well as develop the quality of. the bench. If I recall they came from last place and went on to win the superleague championship. 

Our core players are decent, but they can't win by themselves. We have a large number of players who are very unexposed or falling off the radar. This calls for revamping the TTMNT and tackling the likes of Jamaica, El Salvador, Haiti etc, before we move on to Mexico, the U.S. Costa Rica et al. We don't need Wenger or Sir Alex at this stage.

To put things in perspective, our unused subs during the 0-0 against Sweden in 2006 were as follows: Kenwyne Jones, Evans Wise, Kelvin Jack, Marvin Andrews and Russel Latapy. That's how strong we were. That is bench strength.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

None. There's an optimal GC budget and an optimal development package. Side by side. Whatever coach fits within that parameter. The coach to fit the suit, not the suit to fit the coach.

Asylum, define optimal

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Ok I could get down with that. Some people will run down our players for having no talent, then bawl for a big name coach. It takes years of hard work to develop a decent player. A national team coach only works with the final product.  They can't convert lead to gold.

Eve, Fenwick and coaches like Streete, Dada etc, have had good results with youth development, precisely (IMO) the direction we need to go. These guys are calculated risk takers. They are not shy to drop non-performers and put hungry players to the test. Fenwick used to have boys fresh from SSLF with mothers milk still on their face running rings around hardback pro-league players. Playing in the 2008-2009 superleague against grown men helped gel the 2009 world cup squad together, as well as develop the quality of. the bench. If I recall they came from last place and went on to win the superleague championship. 

Our core players are decent, but they can't win by themselves. We have a large number of players who are very unexposed or falling off the radar. This calls for revamping the TTMNT and tackling the likes of Jamaica, El Salvador, Haiti etc, before we move on to Mexico, the U.S. Costa Rica et al. We don't need Wenger or Sir Alex at this stage.

To put things in perspective, our unused subs during the 0-0 against Sweden in 2006 were as follows: Kenwyne Jones, Evans Wise, Kelvin Jack, Marvin Andrews and Russel Latapy. That's how strong we were. That is bench strength.
mate I suggest you go back and watch TT vs. mexico 4th game of the last hex, we drilled a first team mexico who actually threw every thing at us, and their coach juan carlos osario was going ape on the side lines yelling at the top of his lungs, and when the referee blew the final whistle osario was relieved that he actually came away with all the points and you could see a huge weight lifted off his shoulders that his team didn’t concede.

I was at the stadium that night and saw how the team played and those guy were good as any team in concacaf, in fact I thought we were victims of a scheme when we had a goal disallowed by the Jamaican referee and linesman and I actually believe had we not been the victim of a scheme we could ha 3 beaten them.

after the team flopped out the hex I noticed that the players didn’t want to play anymore, I think it was in part that they didn’t want to help DJW look good and wanted him gone, believe me mate those guys could play better football than what we saw in the last two years, just like jovin said, he didn’t want to play anymore for a coach who didn’t respect him. I believe with a good South american coach we could climb up the ranks and become a contender again.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 11:51:32 PM by pull stones »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Agreed

Agreed, Fenwick stands out, Eve is good but doesn’t have that confidence as yet to helm the national team

Disagree, like I said above, we only know a few of our core players, there are many who have not been given a chance and should be on the team and are not, so a little to premature to say we are only decent

I think we can equal that or do better, in fact under Hart we played a much more attacking style with flair, further to that, even if we were a goal behind, it was the first time I felt confident the team could come from behind, I think we can replicate that again and go even better without the saboteurs around the team

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

mate I suggest you go back and watch TT vs. mexico 4th game of the last hex, we drilled a first team mexico who actually threw every thing at us, and their coach juan carlos osario was going ape on the side lines yelling at the top of his lungs, and when the referee blew the final whistle osario was relieved that he actually came away with all the points and you could see a huge weight lifted off his shoulders that his team didn’t concede.

I was at the stadium that night and saw how the team played and those guy were good as any team in concacaf, in fact I thought we were victims of a scheme when we had a goal disallowed by the Jamaican referee and linesman and I actually believe had we not been the victim of a scheme we could ha 3 beaten them.

after the team flopped out the hex I noticed that the players didn’t want to play anymore, I think it was in part that they didn’t want to help DJW look good and wanted him gone, believe me mate those guys could play better football than what we saw in the last two years, just like jovin said, he didn’t want to play anymore for a coach who didn’t respect him. I believe with a good South american coach we could climb up the ranks and become a contender again.

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
"mate I suggest you go back and watch TT vs. mexico 4th game of the last hex, we drilled a first team mexico who actually threw every thing at us, and their coach juan carlos osario was going ape on the side lines yelling at the top of his lungs, and when the referee blew the final whistle osario was relieved that he actually came away with all the points and you could see a huge weight lifted off his shoulders that his team didn’t concede.

"I was at the stadium that night and saw how the team played and those guy were good as any team in concacaf, in fact I thought we were victims of a scheme when we had a goal disallowed by the Jamaican referee and linesman and I actually believe had we not been the victim of a scheme we could ha 3 beaten them.

after the team flopped out the hex I noticed that the players didn’t want to play anymore, I think it was in part that they didn’t want to help DJW look good and wanted him gone, believe me mate those guys could play better football than what we saw in the last two years, just like jovin said, he didn’t want to play anymore for a coach who didn’t respect him. I believe with a good South american coach we could climb up the ranks and become a contender again."

I agree with everything you have just said. I made the point earlier that the core of this team played in two world cups. They were the beneficiaries of of a strong development program. Their predecessors, a very talented team U-17 included Keon Daniel (who was highly regarded as a youth player), Hyland, Matthew Bartholemew, Guerra and Lester Peltier received poor preparation and lost out to Jamaica in CONCACAF qualifying.

After that the TTFF committed to better preparing the next youth team. They started by sending them to the Dallas Cup, then CFU tournaments at U-14 level, then quality international friendlies. They gradually built them into the 2007 and 2009 youth World Cup teams. Their success was the result of years of hard work, dedication and support.

Do we have good players that have been handicapped by poor coaching? Absolutely. But when these guys get injured, or need someone to step up, or when they are gone from the scene who have we developed and nurtured as their replacements?

Not only have TTFA abdicated the responsibility of development, they also committed to a coach who does nor have an eye on the future. Lawrence has not effectively incorporated successors into his teams. He is risk averse and over-reliant only on established players. With awful results. We now 'experimenting' with Dre Fortune, Aikim Andrews and Woo Ling...but these guys were part of a 2013 team that was one win away from WC qualifying. Six years ago, and only now these fellas smelling the senior team?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Alleged, gop?

Yes. It does seem like a last hurrah by DJW.

My question is whether or not Jack was there. They said he was celebrating with the president after the election.

We'll see if this is just hot air. I did say that DJW seemed to walk away gracefully.. but it was a bit too graceful. Which leads me to think what I originally thought of his departure.

The word used by Nicholson was "rumoured" ... which means that Nicholson himself, despite being the conduit of this mischief (the bottom line here is mischief), does not know whether it happened or not and can't so state definitively. That being the case, you shouldn't state it as if it did happen.

The election took place at the HoF, not at AJW's home and not via conference call. You have established that CONCACAF and FIFA officials were present to certify the election outcome. Do you accept that neither the Electoral Committee, nor CONCACAF and FIFA officials nor the candidates themselves would have moved forward with Jack Warner in the building?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 05:08:34 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I am Sure Yorke would take it. With Latas and Lara around that is enough motivation.
 Why not give Fenwick a chance.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
I am Sure Yorke would take it. With Latas and Lara around that is enough motivation.

Has Yorke been coaching? Last time I heard he was sliding into my friends dms who plays for ManU women’s team  :D :D

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
didnt you guys learn anything from the past? from Alvin corneal to dennis lawrence what did we ever achieve with local coaches other than grief? they pick the players that they like and not who’s good for the team, they ostracized players they ignore public out cry they’re stubborn and lack managing skills that inspire players to give their all, I say no more experimentation.

let these local coaches go out on their own and do well and then if they want to give back to local football fine, but don’t use our senior men’s team as catapult to launch these rookie coaches careers, no bloody way. we all saw where that got us with latapy st Claire and lawrence. I say spend the money and buy a decent foreign coach because good coaches ain’t cheap and cheap coaches ain’t no good and done with these experiments that never seem to work out well for in the end.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 10:07:13 AM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yeah, no margin of error for that sort of experimentation and indulgence. Done.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Follies that local coaches suffer from. ignoring players who are doing well for their clubs but can’t catch a break on the National al team. aurtis whitley was ignored by bertile st claire repeatedly and was denied an opportunity, it it took benhakker (a foreigner) to recognize his value.

Ian clauzel in the VB interview said that he never got a chance to show his worth in spite of Alvin corneal’s blatant knowledge of him, especially when clauzel played against his three sons and defeated them in CCL and there were other players who Alvin ignored entirely because they weren’t his type of people.

latapy was another stubborn mule. he totally ignore andre Bouchard, Kendal jagdeosingh, Nigel henry, and rickey shakes. there was no way that those lads was getting a look at by him, he even claimed that he don’t watch match tapes or scout his opponents, how bloody arrogant and crazy is that?

and we all saw what dennis was made of. benching jovin to play everyone else even though we needed a win desperately and jovin more than anyone had the ability to deliver. he had the opportunity to land noah powder but never did despite the player’s form for his club, he totally dumped on greg ranjitsingh and failed to cap this valuable player, and this nonsense about not communicating with players and ignoring them completely is so unprofessional and unbecoming of an international coach.

can we afford to take another chance on a local coach seeing that we have so much at stake ATM? i think not.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 10:39:41 AM by pull stones »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Dennis Lawrence isn't exactly a "local coach"

Certainly not any more "local" than SH was

ALL coaches have their preferences....bias some might say.

De same Beenie kept Latas on the bench until the very last game when we were already out in the world cup

Ranjitsingh didn't play under SH either.  Different circumstances I know....but still the fact remains.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

De same Beenie kept Latas on the bench until the very last game when we were already out in the world cup

Ranjitsingh didn't play under SH either.  Different circumstances I know....but still the fact remains.

Beenhakker and Hart were regarded as successful coaches. If you achieve success, you are given leeway to bench and play favourites.

But if you are approaching 'worst coach ever' status at breakneck speed the way Lawrence is/has then you have will have a hell of a time justifying inclusions/exclusions/strategy.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Beenhakker and Hart were regarded as successful coaches. If you achieve success, you are given leeway to bench and play favourites.

But if you are approaching 'worst coach ever' status at breakneck speed the way Lawrence is/has then you have will have a hell of a time justifying inclusions/exclusions/strategy.

Excellent point, but Hart would have played ranjitsingh after a while and Greg not playing was due to Jan being captain, so that was player politics while the other players supported that ...

1]; } ?>